Department of Human Nutrition, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen invites applications for a position as postdoc of two years from 1 October 2011 or as soon possible thereafter.
The position is available within the research group for Prevention and Treatment of Obesity - Appetite and Energy Metabolism, which is considered as one of the foremost groups in Europe within the area of obesity. The group works primarily with dietary intervention studies, which, where necessary, are carried out according to good clinical practice (GCP).
Read more at www.ihe.life.ku.dk.
The postdoc´s duties will include research within the field of dairy products and development of lifestyle diseases. More specifically, the postdoc will investigate if cheese consumption affects risk markers of disease to a clinically relevant extent in animal models, in healthy subjects and in vulnerable study populations. The applicant will be project leader for 2-3 studies and thereby also responsible for the overall research quality of these studies. Furthermore, the applicant is expected to be budget responsible and to write and submit applications for additional funding for these and future studies. In addition, the postdoc is expected to act as a supervisor for Master Thesis students and co-supervisor for one or more Ph.D.-students as well as coordinator on a bachelor or master levels course. The post may include teaching to a limited extent. This teaching will mainly be in the field of food and macronutrient consumption/metabolism and lifestyle diseases.
Qualifications - selection criteria
Applicants must have an academic degree within Human Nutrition or a related scientific field. Qualifications within the following scientific areas are required:
- Documented scientific qualifications such as a Ph.D. or equivalent in relation to the above subject area.
- Thorough knowledge about the research field of diet, obesity, cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes.
- Experience in working with specific food components/products, e.g. dairy products, in relation to risk of lifestyle disease is an advantage.
- Project leader skills, preferably with experience in conducting randomized human clinical trials related to obesity and lifestyle diseases - and according to GCP guidelines (GCP-certification will be an advantage).
- Coordination of the work of project personal ranging from lab technicians, kitchen personnel, dieticians, students and trial coordinators.
- Documented teaching and supervisor experience is an advantage.
- A national and international network within the above stated research field is beneficial.
- Fluency in English.
Since the position requires contact with subjects/patients that only speak Danish it is necessary for the postdoc to be able to speak Danish, Swedish or Norwegian.
The postdoc is also required to be enterprising and to possess good interpersonal skills.
Terms of employment
The post will be filled according to the Agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The post is covered by the Protocol on Job Structure.
Applications will be assessed according to the Ministry of Science Technology and Innovation Executive Order no 284 of 25. April 2008. Read more about the recruitment process at LIFE here.
The University of Copenhagen welcomes applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic background.
For further information about the post, please contact Professor Anne Raben on E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Potential applicants from outside Denmark will find information about life in Denmark (taxation, healthcare etc) at http://ism.ku.dk/.
Apply by clicking "Apply online" below.
Applications - in English - must include:
- Cover letter
- CV with documentation of education.
- A complete list of publications
- A maximum of 10 relevant scientific works which the applicant wishes to be included in the assessment.
- Documentation for additional research qualifications.
- Teaching portfolio
- Participation in development of educations and seminars
- Development of educational material
- Experience with examination and/or censorship
Please submit your application no later than 14th September 2011.
Only electronic applications are accepted.
Publisher: Det Biovidenskabelige Fakultet
Postdoc In Gynecology And Obstetrics, Syddansk University, Netherlands, 25 days ago
The Research Unit of Gynaecology and Obstetrics , Department of Clinical Research, invites applications for a position as postdoc (10%) in gynaecology and obstetrics to be filled as soon as possib...
Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of Toronto, Canada, 5 days ago
Postdoctoral Fellowship in Socially Assistive Robots Applicants are sought for a postdoctoral position in socially assistive robots for eldercare. The project focuses on the development of the...
Postdoctoral Scholar Or Staff Scientist, OIST Graduate University, Japan, 18 days ago
The Light-Matter Interactions Unit (https://groups.oist.jp/light) in OIST, headed by Prof Síle Nic Chormaic, invites applications for a postdoctoral scholar or staff scientist position in the unit....
Postdoctoral Position In Biomaterials, Royal Institute of Technology, KTH, Sweden, 7 days ago
Profile. We seek motivated individuals enthusiastic about science and technology. The candidate should hold a PhD in biomedical engineering, bioengineering, biochemistry, or in the physico-che...
Postdoc In Stakeholder Involvement In Energy And Transport Scenarios, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 1 month ago
Apply no later than 6 August 2015 Apply for the job at DTU Management Engineering by completing the following form. Apply online DTU Management Engineering is in collaboration with the Danish Boar...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Brigham and Women's Hospital / Harvard Medical School, United States, 25 days ago
Research focus: The Fellow will work in a multi-disciplinary team of artificial intelligence scientists, informaticians, biostatisticians, and clinicians on projects involving development of o...