Postdoc Position In Ngs Analysis With Focus On Oncoviral Genomics, Technical University Of Denmark
The Center for Biological Sequence Analysis at the Technical University of Denmark is seeking highly motivated candidates for a Postdoctoral position within Next Generation Sequence analysis.
Successful candidates will work in a dynamic team developing, implementing and applying techniques and procedures for high-throughput sequencing and next-gen sequence analysis tools. The candidate will be responsible for implementing and applying an automated high-throughput sequence analysis pipeline for classification and analysis of viral genomes from a cancer-sequencing project focusing on the search for novel pathogens.
- Candidates should hold a PhD degree in bioinformatics, biology, engineering, computer science or similar.
- The candidate must have strong computational skills and prior experience with Unix/Linux command line environments, SQL, as well as either Perl, Python, Ruby or a comparable scripting language.
- The applicant must have prior experience with next generation sequencing data analysis and gene discovery.
- Knowledge of virus biology, genome assembly and large-scale data mining is considered a plus.
- The applicant must be a good communicator and strong in written as well as spoken English.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union.
Time period of employment is 3 years.
Further information may be obtained from Prof. Thomas Sicheritz-Pontén, ---
Do NOT send applications to this e-mail address, but use the electronic submission system - see below!
We must have your online application by 16 January 2012. Please open the link "apply for this job online", fill in the application form and attach the following documents;
- Curriculum vitae
- List of publications
- Contact information for 2 references
- Brief description of research experience & interests
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered. Applications should be submitted in English.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
The Center for Biological Sequence Analysis at the Technical University of Denmark was formed in 1993, and conducts basic research in the fields of bioinformatics and systems biology. The center is divided into twelve specialist research groups, has a highly multi-disciplinary profile (biologists, biochemists, MDs, physicists, statisticians, and computer scientists) with a ratio of 2:1 of bio-to-nonbio backgrounds. CBS represents one of the large bioinformatics groups in academia in Europe.
View or Apply
Technical University of Denmark -DenmarkApply no later than 13 March 2014 Apply for the job at DTU Systems Biology by completing the following form. Apply online Introduction Professor Zoltan Szallasi, head of the Cancer Systems Biology group