Phd In Allocation Problems And Market Design, University Of Copenhagen
Listed 2 years ago
Attention: this position might have been expired or removed by the publisher!
PhD in Allocation Problems and Market Design
Institute of Food and Resource Economics, Faculty of Science at University of Copenhagen is offering a PhD scholarship commencing October 1, 2012 or soon thereafter. The application deadline is July 4, 2012.
The position as a PhD-student in "Allocation Problems and Market Design" is associated with the Center for research in the Foundations of Electronic Markets (CFEM - see, www.cfem.au.dk) that focuses on economic mechanisms in electronic markets. The center consists of economists, computer scientists and industrial partners that either do research or face real life challenges in electronic markets. Locally, at FOI, the position will be associated with research group Management Science and Production Economics (MSAP - see, www.msap.life.ku.dk).
The project will draw on methods from
2) Game theory and mechanism design
3) OR/Computer Science
The project will address challenges in the design of future electronic markets. Special topics of particular interest are:
Networks: for example, how do we allocate network externalities; how do various allocation mechanisms influence strategic behaviour of agents; what determines the optimal structure of a network etc.
Assignment models: for example, what are relevant fairness criteria and incentive issues; how do various deterministic and probabilistic assignment rules (such as random priority or the probabilistic serial rule) behave with respect such criteria; how are the assignment rules implemented in order to solve real life problems etc.
Jens Leth Hougaard
Direct Phone: (+45) 35 33 68 14.
Institute of Food and Resource Economics
Your key tasks as a PhD fellow at LIFE are:
- Manage and carry through your research project
- Take PhD courses
- Write scientific articles and your PhD thesis
- Participate in international congresses
- Stay at a research institution abroad for a few months
- Teach and disseminate your research
Key criteria for the assessment of candidates
- A master´s degree related to the subject area of the project
- The grade point average achieved
- Professional qualifications relevant to the PhD programme
- Previous publications
- Relevant work experience
- Other professional activities
- Language skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Marks obtained during the first year of study on the master programme (only relevant for applicants applying for a 4-year scholarship)
The positions are available for a 3-year period for applicants holding a relevant master´s degree or for a 4-year period for applicants who are already enrolled or are accepted to be enrolled at one of the Faculty´s master´s programmes.
At the time of commencement, applicants for the 4-year period must have approximately one year of study remaining before graduating from their MSc programme.
The successful applicant of the PhD scholarship must pass an enrolment in the LIFE Graduate School before the Faculty can finish the letter of employment.
Graduate School of Faculty of Life Sciences, LIFE strives to give our students the best international career prospects within our main research areas.
Terms of employment
The position will be filled according to the agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The post is covered by the Protocol on Job Structure.
Apply by clicking "Apply online" below.
Applications - in English - must include:
- Cover Letter, stating which PhD project you are applying for and detailing your motivation and background for applying for the specific PhD project.
- Diploma and transcripts of records
- Other information for consideration, e.g. list of publications (if any), peer reviewed and other
- Personal Recommendations
- A maximum of 3 relevant scientific works which the applicant wishes to be included in the assessment.
The applicant will be assessed according to the Ministry of Science Technology and Innovation.
By the end of July 2012, all applicants will have received information regarding the evaluation of their application.
The application must be received no later than July 4 2012. Applications received later than this date will not be considered.
For specific information about the PhD scholarship, please contact the principal supervisor.
General information about PhD programmes is available at www.LIFE.ku.dk/LIFEphd.
Publisher: Det Biovidenskabelige Fakultet
View or Apply