1 Or 2 Phd Scholarships Within Welfare State Studies, 2011-562-00315, Aalborg University
1 or 2 PhD Scholarships within welfare state studies, 2011-562-00315
At the Faculty of Social Sciences, Department of Political Science, 1 or 2 PhD Scholarships are vacant at the Centre for Comparative Welfare Studies, Aalborg University (http://www.epa.aau.dk/forskningsenheder/ccws/). The positions are open for appointment as soon as possible.
The Faculty of Social Sciences wishes to ensure that PhD scholarships provide career opportunities both within and outside of the university. For that reason, PhD scholarships are formed in a manner ensuring that the competencies achieved in the position qualifies to both a career within research and a career in the private and/or public sector. No later than one year before the termination of the position, you are offered an interview in order to clarify your further career.
The PhD scholarship has a duration of three years. Applicants to the PhD scholarship must hold a degree equivalent to a Danish Master’s degree. Applicants enrolled at a Danish Master programme who expect to graduate before the date of appointment must forward a copy of their specialekontrakt and documentation for the date of their final exam.
The completion of the scholarship will be in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the PhD Programme at the Universities No 18 of 14 January 2008, and it is a prerequisite for allocation of a scholarship that enrolment as a PhD student at the PhD School of Social Sciences takes place.
- letter of motivation
- project proposal (approx. 5 pages in Danish A4 format) containing the research project title, an outline of the course of study and a description of the overall problem areas
- information on which language the PhD thesis is expected to be written in
- curriculum vitae
- diplomas confirming academic degrees, including academic transcripts
- foreign applicants must forward verified IELTS test (International English Language Testing System). Exempted are applicants with at Master Degree from Denmark, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Astralia and Canada
- Publications (max. 5), if relevant. If the publications have been written in cooperation with others, a declaration from each of the authors must be enclosed. The declaration must state the extent of the applicant’s contribution to the total work and be signed by the authors.
The complete application including attachments shall be sent electronically by selecting the "apply online" function.
The assessment of the applicants will be undertaken by an expert assessment committee.
You may obtain further information regarding the academic contents of the position from Professor Per H. Jensen (email@example.com).
If you have questions regarding the procedure of applying for the position, please contact secretary Lone Corfixen (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Appointment and salary in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities No 284 of 25 April 2008 and The Ministry of Finance Circular concerning the job structure for academic staff at universities of 13 June 2007. Salary will be in accordance with the agreements in force. 09/01/2012
View or Apply