Job posted by University of South Bohemia in České Budějovice, Faculty of Fisheries and Protection of Waters (12/06/2012 13.25)
Research worker in the Laboratory of Molecular, Cellular and Quantitative Genetics
Marie Curie Actions. More
'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researchers. More
European Research Council. More
Add to My Favorites
Postdoc Work Description
- Active participation in team working on sturgeon genetics, particularly on ploidy levels of species and interspecific hybrids, molecular genetic sex determination and development of monosex populations within VP2 topic „Technology of caviar production“ of the CENAKVA project
- Active participation in teaching the subjects „Fish genetics and breeding“ and „Chondrostean fish culture“
- Participation in performing the Fisheries summer schools and supervision of a separate project
- Participation in project activities of the laboratory
Basic Description of the Laboratory Activities
The laboratory engages in both basic and applied research, university education, breeding work and consultancy activities in the field of genetic sources conservation, reproduction and increase of genetic potential of economically important fish species.
We deal in the field of molecular biology with study of genetic and population diversity of economically important fish, crayfish and other crustacean species. Cytogenetic techniques (flow cytometry, image cytometry, confocal microscopy) are used for studies on fish polyploidy.
The study is currently focused also on practical application of molecular markers in aquaculture. We utilize in the field of molecular biology:
> Fragmentation analysis of micro-satellite markers
> PCR-RFLP mitochondrial DNA
> Sequencing of mitochondrial and nuclear genes
Nr of positions available : 1
Biological sciences - Other
Experienced researcher or 4-10 yrs (Post-Doc)
Recognised Researcher (R2)
40 000.00 - 60 000.00 CZK/month
c. 1 600 - 2 400 EUR/month
Comment/web site for additional job details
The Selection Procedure
1. The candidate successfully completed and obtained a Ph.D. degree or a similar degree on or after March 29, 2008. In accordance with the conditions of the implementation body, the candidates with the Ph.D title from other universities than the University of South Bohemia in České Budějovice will be favoured.
2. Good knowledge of the Czech or English language (CAE or the equivalent) (10%)
3. Publication activity - The number and quality of papers published in impact journals. (50%)
- At least 1 publication in a journal with IF>1. The paper must have been issued during candidate´s Ph.D. studies and the candidate is supposed to be the first author. Further on, at least 3 publications in the IF>1 journals with the candidate´s co-authorship are required.
- At least 5 – 10 publications (depending on the year of completion of Ph.D. degree) in peer reviewed journals with IF>1 which were written during the whole candidate´s carrier are requested. In this issue, the candidate may be either the first author or a co-author.
4. Knowledge of molecular cytogenetic techniques (15 %)
5. Knowledge of fish cell culture methods (15 %)
6. The vision of the postdoc´s work in this workplace, motivation (10 %)
2. A copy of the Ph.D. degree or similar degree if studied abroad (an English or Czech translation if necessary)
3. The applicant´s bibliography, plan of scientific activities, list of fellowships and stays
4. A certificate/documents proves the level of knowledge of the Czech or the English language.
The candidates, who do not meet the above mentioned criteria, will be excluded from the selection procedure. Only candidates meeting the qualification requirements will be considered by the evaluation committee (the second phase).
The evaluation of candidates will be performed according to above mentioned evaluation criteria.
The most suitable candidate is the candidate who obtains the most points.
Term of the selection procedure
The first phase is open from 1. 7. 2012 till 13. 7. 2012.
10/2012, the contract is supposed to last for 33 months, until 30. 6. 2015.
More information on the Postdoc position by:
Assoc. Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Martin Flajšhans, Dr. rer. agr.
University of South Bohemia in České Budějovice
Faculty of Fisheries and Protection of Waters
Laboratory of Molecular, Cellular and Quantitative Genetics
Head of laboratory
+420 387 774 608
+420 724 233 542
Mailing address: Zátiší 728/II, 389 25 Vodňany
Contact address: Dr. Hajného 22, 389 01 Vodňany
Postdoc Position Funded By Slu’s Plant Breeding Platform, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden, 2 days ago
Postdoc position funded by SLU’s Plant Breeding Platform Optimizing Plant Breeding Strategies Using Genome-wide Dense Marker Data Forest Genetics and Plant Physiology Since 1 July 2014 a plant bre...
Postdoc Agricultural Economics, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 20 days ago
Postdoc Agricultural Economics (Ref. BAP-2015-36) Occupation : Full-time Period : Fixed-term contract Place : Leuven Apply no later than : February 28, 2015 For the Division of Bioeconomics we are...
Research Fellow (75555 025), University of Warwick, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
Vacancy Overview Fixed term for 32 months You will carry out plant pathogen infection studies, quantitative genetic analysis of disease resistance, gene expression profiling, genotyping and transf...
Postdoctoral Research Scholar, North Carolina State University, United States, 14 days ago
Vacancy Type Post Doc Is Internal Transfer Only No Time-Limited Appointment Length No If Yes, Appointment Length Working Title Postdoctoral Research Scholar Anticipated Hiring Range $40,000 - $50,...
Scientist, Pet Pharmacology Job, Johnson & Johnson, United States, 5 days ago
Johnson & Johnson companies are equal opportunity employers. SCIENTIST, PET PHARMACOLOGY-8654150218 Description Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, i...
Post Doctoral Associate/Direct Hire, University of Minnesota, United States, about 1 month ago
Job Code and Title (9546) Post-Doctoral Associate Position Title Post-Doctoral Associate/Direct Hire Job Code 9546 Requisition Number 196458 Position Category Student - Professionals-in-Training A...