As one of the world’s top forestry schools, UBC Forestry – through the generous support of a private foundation – is honoured to offer the Future Forests Fellowship, the most prestigious forestry graduate award available at any Canadian University and the largest single grant for a forestry student globally.
The Future Forests Fellowship will enable an outstanding graduate student to undertake doctoral research focused on British Columbia in one of the following areas of excellence for the Faculty:
- Forest products biotechnology / bioenergy
- Business operations and management
- Forest genetics / forest genomics
- Belowground ecology
- River and landscape ecology
- Climate change and advanced landscape planning
- Forest management
The Fellowship will pay $60,000 per annum for 3 years, with an additional 4th year if required. This will allow the student to devote her or his time purely to pursuing excellence in research and community outreach in the field of forestry in British Columbia.
Likely in November 2013
The research must be conducted, at least in part, in BC, and should result in an outcome which has practical application in BC. Canadian and international students are eligible to apply.
To be considered for a Future Forests Fellowship, you must:
- be seeking financial support to pursue your first doctoral degree
- intend to pursue full time doctoral studies beginning May 2013, Sept 2013 or Jan 2014 at the Faculty of Forestry at UBC
- have achieved a first-class average, as determined by your university, in each of the past two years of full-time study or equivalent
- not have already received a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from the Canadian Government or the University of British Columbia to undertake a doctoral degree
- not be a current Faculty of Forestry doctoral student
Future Forests Fellowship website has further information about this fellowship opportunity.
Postdoctoral Fellowship Forest Genetics Scion, Scion, New Zealand, 20 days ago
Postdoctoral Fellowship - Molecular signatures of tolerance to red needle cast in Pinus radiata Undertake leading-edge 'omics research in New Zealand forest trees Opportunity to gain international...
Izaak Walton Killam Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of California, United States, 8 days ago
Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Fund for Advanced Studies offers funding for 4 postdoctoral scholars to research at University of British Columbia for 2 years. The UBC Killam Postdoctoral Research Fe...
Postdoctoral Researcher Econometrics & Spatial Statistics, Colorado State University, United States, 9 days ago
Posting Details Posting Detail Information Working Title Postdoctoral Researcher - Econometrics & Spatial Statistics Research Professional Position Yes Posting Number 201600830AP Position Type Adm...
Post Doctoral Fellowship In Agronomy, , Brazil, 9 days ago
Fellowship posted by FAPESP, SAO PAULO RESEARCH FOUNDATION (13/10/2016 04.45) Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Excellence in Research...
Postdoctoral Fellow Pitkin Nursery, University of Idaho, United States, 23 days ago
Position Details Position Information Classification Group Title Postdoctoral Fellow Position Title Postdoctoral Fellow - Pitkin Nursery Location Moscow Division/College College of Natural Resourc...
Hertz Graduate Fellowship Award, University of California, United States, 8 days ago
The Hertz Foundation provides merit-based support for 20 doctoral students in the applied physical, biological or engineering sciences for up to 5 years. Hertz hopes to fund future innovators and ...