As one of the world’s top forestry schools, UBC Forestry – through the generous support of a private foundation – is honoured to offer the Future Forests Fellowship, the most prestigious forestry graduate award available at any Canadian University and the largest single grant for a forestry student globally.
The Future Forests Fellowship will enable an outstanding graduate student to undertake doctoral research focused on British Columbia in one of the following areas of excellence for the Faculty:
- Forest products biotechnology / bioenergy
- Business operations and management
- Forest genetics / forest genomics
- Belowground ecology
- River and landscape ecology
- Climate change and advanced landscape planning
- Forest management
The Fellowship will pay $60,000 per annum for 3 years, with an additional 4th year if required. This will allow the student to devote her or his time purely to pursuing excellence in research and community outreach in the field of forestry in British Columbia.
Likely in November 2013
The research must be conducted, at least in part, in BC, and should result in an outcome which has practical application in BC. Canadian and international students are eligible to apply.
To be considered for a Future Forests Fellowship, you must:
- be seeking financial support to pursue your first doctoral degree
- intend to pursue full time doctoral studies beginning May 2013, Sept 2013 or Jan 2014 at the Faculty of Forestry at UBC
- have achieved a first-class average, as determined by your university, in each of the past two years of full-time study or equivalent
- not have already received a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from the Canadian Government or the University of British Columbia to undertake a doctoral degree
- not be a current Faculty of Forestry doctoral student
Future Forests Fellowship website has further information about this fellowship opportunity.
Postdoctoral Scholar, Pennsylvania State University, United States, about 12 hours ago
Description The laboratory of Dr. Laura Leites in the Department of Ecosystem Science and Management at The Pennsylvania State University is seeking applications for a postdoctoral scholar to inve...
Postdoctoral Research Assistant In Probabilistic Programming (2 Posts), University of Oxford, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
We are seeking two full-time Postdoctoral Research Assistants in Probabilistic Programming to join Dr Frank Wood’s research group at the Department of Engineering Science (central Oxford). The pos...
Postdoctoral Scholar, Pennsylvania State University, United States, about 13 hours ago
Description The Department of Agricultural and Biological Engineering (ABE) and in cooperation Entomology are seeking suitable candidate applicants to fill a Post-doctorate research/science posito...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of British Columbia, Canada, about 23 hours ago
Postdoc position to study transcriptional regulation of stress responses and metabolism in C. elegans and cancer cells A postdoctoral position is immediately available in the Taubert lab at the Ce...
] Intensity Frontier Fellowship , , United States, about 23 hours ago
Fermilab offers Intensity Frontier Fellowships to outstanding researchers in the areas of neutrino physics, muon physics, and other topics in the Intensity Frontier. Fellows will receive funding t...
Rheumatologist Position, Division Of Rheumatology, University of Alberta, Canada, about 8 hours ago
The University of Alberta, Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry, Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology in partnership with Alberta Health Services, invites applications for a Rheumatologist ...