As one of the world’s top forestry schools, UBC Forestry – through the generous support of a private foundation – is honoured to offer the Future Forests Fellowship, the most prestigious forestry graduate award available at any Canadian University and the largest single grant for a forestry student globally.
The Future Forests Fellowship will enable an outstanding graduate student to undertake doctoral research focused on British Columbia in one of the following areas of excellence for the Faculty:
- Forest products biotechnology / bioenergy
- Business operations and management
- Forest genetics / forest genomics
- Belowground ecology
- River and landscape ecology
- Climate change and advanced landscape planning
- Forest management
The Fellowship will pay $60,000 per annum for 3 years, with an additional 4th year if required. This will allow the student to devote her or his time purely to pursuing excellence in research and community outreach in the field of forestry in British Columbia.
Likely in November 2013
The research must be conducted, at least in part, in BC, and should result in an outcome which has practical application in BC. Canadian and international students are eligible to apply.
To be considered for a Future Forests Fellowship, you must:
- be seeking financial support to pursue your first doctoral degree
- intend to pursue full time doctoral studies beginning May 2013, Sept 2013 or Jan 2014 at the Faculty of Forestry at UBC
- have achieved a first-class average, as determined by your university, in each of the past two years of full-time study or equivalent
- not have already received a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from the Canadian Government or the University of British Columbia to undertake a doctoral degree
- not be a current Faculty of Forestry doctoral student
Future Forests Fellowship website has further information about this fellowship opportunity.
Postdoctoral Position In Community Ecology, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden, 16 days ago
Postdoctoral position in community ecology Impacts of Invasive Ants in New Caledonia on Invertebrate Communities and Ecosystem Processes Skogens ekologi och skötsel, gemensamt SLU invites applicat...
Maori Research Internships X 2 Scion, Scion, New Zealand, 4 days ago
Scion is a Crown Research institute that undertakes research, science and technology development in forestry, wood product and wood-derived materials and other biomaterials sectors. Scion's purpos...
Postdoctoral Life Cycle Analist, KU Leuven, Belgium, 27 days ago
Job posted by KU Leuven (26/09/2014 00.45) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researchers. M...
Staff Research Assoc I (9613 C) #18766, University of California, United States, 14 days ago
Job Description Job Title: Staff Research Assoc I (9613C) #18766 Job ID: 18766 Location: Main Campus-Berkeley Full/Part Time: Part-Time Department ESPM ECOSYSTEM SCIENCES DIV Regular/Temporary: Re...
Postdoctoral Position In Belowground Ecology, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden, 16 days ago
Postdoctoral position in belowground ecology How Plant Biodiversity Loss Affects Soil Fungi and Carbon Storage Along a Strong Environmental Gradient Skogens ekologi och skötsel, gemensamt SLU invi...
Postdoc, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden, 24 days ago
Postdoc Using long-term citizen science data to evaluate effects of wetland restorations on bird population dynamics Ekologi, Populationsekologi At the Department of Ecology, SLU, we conduct empir...