As one of the world’s top forestry schools, UBC Forestry – through the generous support of a private foundation – is honoured to offer the Future Forests Fellowship, the most prestigious forestry graduate award available at any Canadian University and the largest single grant for a forestry student globally.
The Future Forests Fellowship will enable an outstanding graduate student to undertake doctoral research focused on British Columbia in one of the following areas of excellence for the Faculty:
- Forest products biotechnology / bioenergy
- Business operations and management
- Forest genetics / forest genomics
- Belowground ecology
- River and landscape ecology
- Climate change and advanced landscape planning
- Forest management
The Fellowship will pay $60,000 per annum for 3 years, with an additional 4th year if required. This will allow the student to devote her or his time purely to pursuing excellence in research and community outreach in the field of forestry in British Columbia.
Likely in November 2013
The research must be conducted, at least in part, in BC, and should result in an outcome which has practical application in BC. Canadian and international students are eligible to apply.
To be considered for a Future Forests Fellowship, you must:
- be seeking financial support to pursue your first doctoral degree
- intend to pursue full time doctoral studies beginning May 2013, Sept 2013 or Jan 2014 at the Faculty of Forestry at UBC
- have achieved a first-class average, as determined by your university, in each of the past two years of full-time study or equivalent
- not have already received a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from the Canadian Government or the University of British Columbia to undertake a doctoral degree
- not be a current Faculty of Forestry doctoral student
Future Forests Fellowship website has further information about this fellowship opportunity.
Postdoctoral Research Assistant In Tropical Hydro Ecological Modelling, The University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
1. Job Details Job title: Postdoctoral Research assistant in in tropical hydro-ecological modelling School/Support Department: School of Geosciences Line manager: Prof. Mathew Williams 2. Job Purp...
Job: Ashs Post Doctoral Research Fellow Sport Related Concussion, A.T. Still University, United States, 28 days ago
Job Description Arizona School of Health Sciences (ASHS) is one of several schools of A.T. Still University (ATSU) that also includes the Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine (founded in 189...
Research Fellow In Analysis Of Tropical Forest Dynamics, University of Leeds, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
View All Vacancies Are you an ambitious researcher looking for your next challenge? Do you have a background in tropical forest ecology and biogeochemistry? Do you want to further your career in...
] Postdoctoral Position At Epfl In The Field Of Miniaturisation , , United States, about 17 hours ago
The Piaget Scientific Award is a prestigious fellowship organized by EPFL and sponsored by Piaget that aims at supporting outstanding and groundbreaking research and results in the broad field o...
The James Marshall Public Policy Fellowship, National Institutes of Health, United States, 8 days ago
The Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues, Washington, District of Columbia Program Description: The Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues (SPSSI) James Marshall Fell...
Pre Dissertation Research Fellowships In European Studies, University of California, United States, about 2 hours ago
Columbia University's Council for European Studies (CES) offers 2-month fellowships to encourage pre-dissertation research projects in Europe for 5 fellows. This fellowship enables the outstanding...