As one of the world’s top forestry schools, UBC Forestry – through the generous support of a private foundation – is honoured to offer the Future Forests Fellowship, the most prestigious forestry graduate award available at any Canadian University and the largest single grant for a forestry student globally.
The Future Forests Fellowship will enable an outstanding graduate student to undertake doctoral research focused on British Columbia in one of the following areas of excellence for the Faculty:
- Forest products biotechnology / bioenergy
- Business operations and management
- Forest genetics / forest genomics
- Belowground ecology
- River and landscape ecology
- Climate change and advanced landscape planning
- Forest management
The Fellowship will pay $60,000 per annum for 3 years, with an additional 4th year if required. This will allow the student to devote her or his time purely to pursuing excellence in research and community outreach in the field of forestry in British Columbia.
Likely in November 2013
The research must be conducted, at least in part, in BC, and should result in an outcome which has practical application in BC. Canadian and international students are eligible to apply.
To be considered for a Future Forests Fellowship, you must:
- be seeking financial support to pursue your first doctoral degree
- intend to pursue full time doctoral studies beginning May 2013, Sept 2013 or Jan 2014 at the Faculty of Forestry at UBC
- have achieved a first-class average, as determined by your university, in each of the past two years of full-time study or equivalent
- not have already received a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from the Canadian Government or the University of British Columbia to undertake a doctoral degree
- not be a current Faculty of Forestry doctoral student
Future Forests Fellowship website has further information about this fellowship opportunity.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of British Columbia, Canada, about 19 hours ago
The Postdoctoral Research Fellow is hired as part of the Health and Community Design Lab at UBC (http://health-design.spph.ubc.ca) and also partly support by a recently funded project with broad s...
Lane Fellows Program, University of California, United States, 10 days ago
Carnegie Mellon University offers 3 year postdoctoral fellowships to scientists who are dedicated to a career at the interface of computational and biological sciences beginning July 1st. Over the...
Newton International Fellowship, University of California, United States, 4 days ago
The Royal Society awards up to 3 US postdoctoral scholars a fellowship for up to 2 years to carry out research in the United Kingdom. This fellowship, in conjunction with The British Academy, supp...
Centre For Future Health Research Fellow, University of York, United Kingdom, about 9 hours ago
Department Various departments Based at University of York - Heslington Campus Contract status Fixed term Salary £38,183 - £46,924 a year Applications are invited for a Research Fellowship scheme ...
Ucl Excellence Fellowship 2017 X 3 , University College London, United Kingdom, about 24 hours ago
UCL Department / Division School of Life and Medical Sciences Grades 8-9 Hours Full Time Salary (inclusive of London allowance) £42,304 - £49,904 per annum Duties and Responsibilities UCL is one o...
] Postdoc , , United States, 1 day ago
The many-body theory group at Tsinghua University (Beijing) invites applications for two postdoctoral positions starting Fall 2017 or earlier. The appointment is for a period of two years. Later e...