As one of the world’s top forestry schools, UBC Forestry – through the generous support of a private foundation – is honoured to offer the Future Forests Fellowship, the most prestigious forestry graduate award available at any Canadian University and the largest single grant for a forestry student globally.
The Future Forests Fellowship will enable an outstanding graduate student to undertake doctoral research focused on British Columbia in one of the following areas of excellence for the Faculty:
- Forest products biotechnology / bioenergy
- Business operations and management
- Forest genetics / forest genomics
- Belowground ecology
- River and landscape ecology
- Climate change and advanced landscape planning
- Forest management
The Fellowship will pay $60,000 per annum for 3 years, with an additional 4th year if required. This will allow the student to devote her or his time purely to pursuing excellence in research and community outreach in the field of forestry in British Columbia.
Likely in November 2013
The research must be conducted, at least in part, in BC, and should result in an outcome which has practical application in BC. Canadian and international students are eligible to apply.
To be considered for a Future Forests Fellowship, you must:
- be seeking financial support to pursue your first doctoral degree
- intend to pursue full time doctoral studies beginning May 2013, Sept 2013 or Jan 2014 at the Faculty of Forestry at UBC
- have achieved a first-class average, as determined by your university, in each of the past two years of full-time study or equivalent
- not have already received a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from the Canadian Government or the University of British Columbia to undertake a doctoral degree
- not be a current Faculty of Forestry doctoral student
Future Forests Fellowship website has further information about this fellowship opportunity.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of British Columbia, Canada, about 15 hours ago
The mission of the Cassie & Friends International Postdoctoral Fellowship in Pediatric Rheumatology is to provide training to PhD researchers in the field of pediatric rheumatology and to support ...
] Wilson Fellowship In Experimental Physics , , United States, 1 day ago
Wilson Fellowship in Experimental Physics Open Date: 08/01/2017 Close Date: 10/27/2017 Description The Wilson Fellowship at Fermilab seeks applications from Ph.D. physicists of exceptional talent...
Open City Fellowship, Open Society Foundations, United States, about 2 hours ago
Migration in Europe has preoccupied policymakers and administrations, and prompted enormous policy reform, yet refugees and migrants are themselves often excluded from this policy debate and formu...
Postdoctoral Trainee, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States, 2 days ago
Posting Information Position Information Position Title Postdoctoral Trainee Vacancy ID PDS001758 Department Sheps Ctr for Hlth Serv Res - 633100 Position Type Postdoctoral Scholar Posting Details...
Professorial Fellow 2017 57568 , University of Birmingham, United Kingdom, about 9 hours ago
Person Specification and key requirements Candidates will be highly successful and established mid-career academics with an international research reputation and who are on a clear rising trajecto...
Post Doctoral Scientist, George Washington University, United States, about 5 hours ago
I. DEPARTMENT INFORMATION Job Description Summary: Dr. Amy Zanne’s research group at the George Washington Universities Biological Sciences department explores why and how plant community composit...