The Vietnam International Education Development (VIED) under the Ministry of Education and Training (MoET) and the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) are collaborating to provide high quality research education and training to qualified students from Vietnam to UTS. UTS will offer successful candidates a joint scholarship each year to students from Vietnam who have received the VIED Scholarship.
More information is available at the VIED website.
Value and duration
The joint scholarship benefits will include: Tuition fees, living allowance as stipulated by APA, and a return airfare to Sydney.
Who is eligible?
For essential eligibility criteria, please visit the VIED website.
To meet additional eligibility criteria for UTS, an applicant must:
- Have received the VIED scholarship from Vietnam;
- Have met UTS academic and English language requirements for admission;
- Be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003;
- Be commencing full-time enrolment in a HDR at UTS
- Not hold a research qualification regarded by the UTS to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctoral degree;
- Not have held an AusAID scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the scholarship; and
- Not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution; and
- Not previously have received an IPRS or UTS IRS for a Research Doctoral degree.
- Be citizens of Vietnam
- Have received an unconditional offer of admission to the UTS PhD program
- Intend to pursue a PhD in one of the priority academic research identified by VIED and/or within the research strengths of UTS.
Applications for this scholarship are currently closed. Full details on how to apply through VIED will be made available here during the application period.
For further information contact
UTS International Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 1531
VIED Website: www.vied.vn
Back to list
Ph D Students, Physics And Chemistry Of Extreme Uv Multilayer Optics, University of Twente (UT), Netherlands, 27 days ago
Job posted by AcademicTransfer (22/11/2014 02.01) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researc...
Ph D Studentship Synthetic Inorganic Chemistry, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
ReferenceSCI1418Closing DateSaturday, 28th February 2015DepartmentSynthetic Inorganic Chemistry Applications are invited for a fully-funded postgraduate studentship to work on synthetic organometa...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Australian Media Classification, University of Sydney, Australia, 2 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Australian Media Classification Research Areas: Humanities & Social Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: This PhD ...
Australian Centre For Field Robotics Rtcma Scholarships In Stochastic Optimisation And Scheduling, University of Sydney, Australia, 17 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Australian Centre for Field Robotics RTCMA Scholarships in Stochastic Optimisation and Scheduling Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Biomarkers In Inflammatory Neuropathies, University of Sydney, Australia, 2 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Biomarkers in Inflammatory Neuropathies Research Areas: Health Sciences; Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Des...
School Tuition Fee Scholarships For Ph D Students, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, 13 days ago
ReferenceARTS79Closing DateTuesday, 28th April 2015DepartmentEnglish The School of English has a number of tuition fee scholarships available for 2015 entry. These scholarships will be awarded on ...