The Vietnam International Education Development (VIED) under the Ministry of Education and Training (MoET) and the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) are collaborating to provide high quality research education and training to qualified students from Vietnam to UTS. UTS will offer successful candidates a joint scholarship each year to students from Vietnam who have received the VIED Scholarship.
More information is available at the VIED website.
Value and duration
The joint scholarship benefits will include: Tuition fees, living allowance as stipulated by APA, and a return airfare to Sydney.
Who is eligible?
For essential eligibility criteria, please visit the VIED website.
To meet additional eligibility criteria for UTS, an applicant must:
- Have received the VIED scholarship from Vietnam;
- Have met UTS academic and English language requirements for admission;
- Be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003;
- Be commencing full-time enrolment in a HDR at UTS
- Not hold a research qualification regarded by the UTS to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctoral degree;
- Not have held an AusAID scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the scholarship; and
- Not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution; and
- Not previously have received an IPRS or UTS IRS for a Research Doctoral degree.
- Be citizens of Vietnam
- Have received an unconditional offer of admission to the UTS PhD program
- Intend to pursue a PhD in one of the priority academic research identified by VIED and/or within the research strengths of UTS.
Applications for this scholarship are currently closed. Full details on how to apply through VIED will be made available here during the application period.
For further information contact
UTS International Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 1531
VIED Website: www.vied.vn
Back to list
Postgraduate Scholarship In Contaminant Hydrology, University of Sydney, Australia, about 3 hours ago
Funding Body: School of Civil Engineering Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Contaminant Hydrology Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: The proposed proje...
Ph D Scholarship In Equine Fertility Research, University of Sydney, Australia, 6 days ago
Funding Body: ARC Title: PhD Scholarship in Equine Fertility Research Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: This PhD scholarship was established in May 201...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Multiphase Flow In Unsaturated Porous Media, University of Sydney, Australia, 8 days ago
Funding Body: University Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Multiphase Flow in Unsaturated Porous Media Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: One postgradu...
Design For Outdoor Thermal Comfort In Urban Environment Ph D Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia, about 3 hours ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Design for outdoor thermal comfort in urban environment - PhD Scholarship Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: W...
Heat Transfer Enhancement With Phase Change Materials Ph D Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia, about 3 hours ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Heat transfer enhancement with phase-change-materials - PhD Scholarship Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: We ...
Ph D Scholarship: The Effectiveness Of Supporting Indigenous Primary Care Services To Work With Alcohol, University of Sydney, Australia, about 3 hours ago
Funding Body: NHMRC Title: PhD scholarship: The effectiveness of supporting Indigenous primary care services to work with alcohol Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Descrip...