The Vietnam International Education Development (VIED) under the Ministry of Education and Training (MoET) and the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) are collaborating to provide high quality research education and training to qualified students from Vietnam to UTS. UTS will offer successful candidates a joint scholarship each year to students from Vietnam who have received the VIED Scholarship.
More information is available at the VIED website.
Value and duration
The joint scholarship benefits will include: Tuition fees, living allowance as stipulated by APA, and a return airfare to Sydney.
Who is eligible?
For essential eligibility criteria, please visit the VIED website.
To meet additional eligibility criteria for UTS, an applicant must:
- Have received the VIED scholarship from Vietnam;
- Have met UTS academic and English language requirements for admission;
- Be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003;
- Be commencing full-time enrolment in a HDR at UTS
- Not hold a research qualification regarded by the UTS to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctoral degree;
- Not have held an AusAID scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the scholarship; and
- Not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution; and
- Not previously have received an IPRS or UTS IRS for a Research Doctoral degree.
- Be citizens of Vietnam
- Have received an unconditional offer of admission to the UTS PhD program
- Intend to pursue a PhD in one of the priority academic research identified by VIED and/or within the research strengths of UTS.
Applications for this scholarship are currently closed. Full details on how to apply through VIED will be made available here during the application period.
For further information contact
UTS International Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 1531
VIED Website: www.vied.vn
Back to list
The Peter Coates Postgraduate Scholarship In Enthopharmacology, University of Sydney, Australia, 14 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: The Peter Coates Postgraduate Scholarship in Enthopharmacology Research Areas: Health Sciences; Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Descript...
Unsw Vietnam Partial Postgraduate Coursework Scholarships Pgce1008, University of New South Wales, Australia, 18 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Postgraduate students Opens 21/09/2015 Closing Date See below For commencement Semester 1 2016 Value $5,000 5 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year Residency Internatio...
International Centre Global Mobility (Icgm) Scholarship Ugtr1038, University of New South Wales, Australia, 29 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Second year students, Third year and above, Honours year students, Postgraduate students Opens 10/09/2015 Closing Date 12/10/2015 For commencement Semester 2 2016 Val...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Digital Breast Tomosynthesis (3 D Mammography) In Population Cancer Screening, University of Sydney, Australia, 18 days ago
Funding Body: The University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Digital Breast Tomosynthesis (3D-mammography) in Population Cancer Screening Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgrad...
Postgraduate Scholarship In The Optimisation Of Prefabricated Housing, University of Sydney, Australia, 14 days ago
Funding Body: The University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in the Optimisation of Prefabricated Housing Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: T...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Molecular Photophysics, University of Sydney, Australia, 25 days ago
Funding Body: The University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Molecular Photophysics Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: A full-time postgrad...