The Vietnam International Education Development (VIED) under the Ministry of Education and Training (MoET) and the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) are collaborating to provide high quality research education and training to qualified students from Vietnam to UTS. UTS will offer successful candidates a joint scholarship each year to students from Vietnam who have received the VIED Scholarship.
More information is available at the VIED website.
Value and duration
The joint scholarship benefits will include: Tuition fees, living allowance as stipulated by APA, and a return airfare to Sydney.
Who is eligible?
For essential eligibility criteria, please visit the VIED website.
To meet additional eligibility criteria for UTS, an applicant must:
- Have received the VIED scholarship from Vietnam;
- Have met UTS academic and English language requirements for admission;
- Be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003;
- Be commencing full-time enrolment in a HDR at UTS
- Not hold a research qualification regarded by the UTS to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctoral degree;
- Not have held an AusAID scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the scholarship; and
- Not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution; and
- Not previously have received an IPRS or UTS IRS for a Research Doctoral degree.
- Be citizens of Vietnam
- Have received an unconditional offer of admission to the UTS PhD program
- Intend to pursue a PhD in one of the priority academic research identified by VIED and/or within the research strengths of UTS.
Applications for this scholarship are currently closed. Full details on how to apply through VIED will be made available here during the application period.
For further information contact
UTS International Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 1531
VIED Website: www.vied.vn
Back to list
Mo Et Vied / Usc Ph D Scholarships, University of the Sunshine Coast, Australia, 26 days ago
After reading the information attached here, please contact VIED for further information about the application process and closing dates. The Ministry of Education and Training, Vietnam (MOET ) th...
Nippon Foundation Scholarship For Sign Linguistics In Asia, Massey University, New Zealand, 16 days ago
Closing date: 31/03/2015 Background nformation Note Recent decades have seen an increasing interest in the study of sign languages in Asia. Indeed, research on different linguistic aspects of Asia...
Ph D Scholarship Synthesis Of Nanocrystals For Optoelectronic Devices, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 2 days ago
Full regulations can be downloaded here . (Requires Acrobat Reader ) History or background of award A PhD scholarship in physical chemistry is offered for research into nanomaterials for LEDs and ...
External Scholarships, University of Wollongong, Australia, 11 days ago
ARC Research Hub for Australian Steel Manufacturing The Steel Research Hub will be the centrepiece for collaborative steel research in Australia, striving to deliver breakthrough product and proce...
Doctoral (Ph D) Student Position With Doctoral Grant (Kid Funding) In Vascular Biology, Karolinska Institute, Sweden, 9 days ago
Doctoral (PhD) student position with doctoral grant (KID funding) in vascular biology Vid Institutionen för molekylär medicin och kirurgi (MMK) bedriver vi preklinisk och klinisk forskning inom et...
Erasmus Mundus Jmd Scholarships And Imrd Consortium Scholarships, Ghent University, Europe, 12 days ago
Description Being an Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree, the IMRD programmes is entitled to - each academic year - award a limited number of Erasmus+: Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Student sc...