The Vietnam International Education Development (VIED) under the Ministry of Education and Training (MoET) and the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) are collaborating to provide high quality research education and training to qualified students from Vietnam to UTS. UTS will offer successful candidates a joint scholarship each year to students from Vietnam who have received the VIED Scholarship.
More information is available at the VIED website.
Value and duration
The joint scholarship benefits will include: Tuition fees, living allowance as stipulated by APA, and a return airfare to Sydney.
Who is eligible?
For essential eligibility criteria, please visit the VIED website.
To meet additional eligibility criteria for UTS, an applicant must:
- Have received the VIED scholarship from Vietnam;
- Have met UTS academic and English language requirements for admission;
- Be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003;
- Be commencing full-time enrolment in a HDR at UTS
- Not hold a research qualification regarded by the UTS to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctoral degree;
- Not have held an AusAID scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the scholarship; and
- Not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution; and
- Not previously have received an IPRS or UTS IRS for a Research Doctoral degree.
- Be citizens of Vietnam
- Have received an unconditional offer of admission to the UTS PhD program
- Intend to pursue a PhD in one of the priority academic research identified by VIED and/or within the research strengths of UTS.
Applications for this scholarship are currently closed. Full details on how to apply through VIED will be made available here during the application period.
For further information contact
UTS International Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 1531
VIED Website: www.vied.vn
Back to list
Postgraduate Scholarship In Associative Learning And Cognitive Expectations, University of Sydney, Australia, 5 days ago
Funding Body: ARC Title: Postgraduate scholarship in Associative Learning and Cognitive Expectations Research Areas: Humanities & Social Sciences; Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Descri...
Scholarships Available For Ph D Positions In Telecommunications Network Engineering, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 1 month ago
The UNSW Australia School of Electrical Engineering and Telecommunications is seeking high quality students to conduct research leading to degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in areas relating to ...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Medicinal Chemistry, University of Sydney, Australia, 5 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Medicinal Chemistry Research Areas: Health Sciences; Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: A full-tim...
Dr Ho Kok Tong Scholarship Ugce1245, University of New South Wales, Australia, 7 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers Opens 11/01/2017 Closing Date 31/01/2017 For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $6,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For up to 6 years Residency Aus ...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Computational Nanoscience, University of Sydney, Australia, 9 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Computational Nanoscience Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: A full-time postgradu...
Ph D Studentship (3 Years) Smart Elbow Prosthesis For Loosening Detection, Aston University, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
View All Vacancies Engineering and Applied Science - Studentships Contract Type: Fixed Term Basis: Full Time Closing Date: Monday 13 February 2017 Reference: R170022 Applications are invited for...