The Vietnam International Education Development (VIED) under the Ministry of Education and Training (MoET) and the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) are collaborating to provide high quality research education and training to qualified students from Vietnam to UTS. UTS will offer successful candidates a joint scholarship each year to students from Vietnam who have received the VIED Scholarship.
More information is available at the VIED website.
Value and duration
The joint scholarship benefits will include: Tuition fees, living allowance as stipulated by APA, and a return airfare to Sydney.
Who is eligible?
For essential eligibility criteria, please visit the VIED website.
To meet additional eligibility criteria for UTS, an applicant must:
- Have received the VIED scholarship from Vietnam;
- Have met UTS academic and English language requirements for admission;
- Be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003;
- Be commencing full-time enrolment in a HDR at UTS
- Not hold a research qualification regarded by the UTS to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctoral degree;
- Not have held an AusAID scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the scholarship; and
- Not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution; and
- Not previously have received an IPRS or UTS IRS for a Research Doctoral degree.
- Be citizens of Vietnam
- Have received an unconditional offer of admission to the UTS PhD program
- Intend to pursue a PhD in one of the priority academic research identified by VIED and/or within the research strengths of UTS.
Applications for this scholarship are currently closed. Full details on how to apply through VIED will be made available here during the application period.
For further information contact
UTS International Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 1531
VIED Website: www.vied.vn
Back to list
Postgraduate Scholarship In Experimental Economics, University of Sydney, Australia, 3 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Experimental Economics Research Areas: Humanities & Social Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: The PhD candidate ...
Ph D Scholarships In Medicine (2), University of Sydney, Australia, 17 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: PhD Scholarships in Medicine (2) Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: Two full-time postgraduate scholarships are avail...
New Colombo Plan – Scholarship Program Ugtr1037, University of New South Wales, Australia, 23 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage First year students, Second year students, Third year and above Opens 12/04/2016 Closing Date 31/05/2016 For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $67,000 Scholarship(s)...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Physics, University of Sydney, Australia, 17 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Physics Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: A full-time postgraduate scholarship is...
Ph D Scholarship In Stillbirth Diagnostic Testing, The University of Queensland, Australia, 23 days ago
Apply now Job no:498871 Area:Mater Research Institute-UQ Salary (FTE):UQ Scholarship (APA Rate)NON-BANDED ($26,288.00 - $26,288.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: Brisbane PhD Opportu...
Ph D Scholarships, University College Dublin, United Kingdom, 23 days ago
Job posted by universitypositions (12/04/2016 16.45) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Rese...