The Vietnam International Education Development (VIED) under the Ministry of Education and Training (MoET) and the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) are collaborating to provide high quality research education and training to qualified students from Vietnam to UTS. UTS will offer successful candidates a joint scholarship each year to students from Vietnam who have received the VIED Scholarship.
More information is available at the VIED website.
Value and duration
The joint scholarship benefits will include: Tuition fees, living allowance as stipulated by APA, and a return airfare to Sydney.
Who is eligible?
For essential eligibility criteria, please visit the VIED website.
To meet additional eligibility criteria for UTS, an applicant must:
- Have received the VIED scholarship from Vietnam;
- Have met UTS academic and English language requirements for admission;
- Be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003;
- Be commencing full-time enrolment in a HDR at UTS
- Not hold a research qualification regarded by the UTS to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctoral degree;
- Not have held an AusAID scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the scholarship; and
- Not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution; and
- Not previously have received an IPRS or UTS IRS for a Research Doctoral degree.
- Be citizens of Vietnam
- Have received an unconditional offer of admission to the UTS PhD program
- Intend to pursue a PhD in one of the priority academic research identified by VIED and/or within the research strengths of UTS.
Applications for this scholarship are currently closed. Full details on how to apply through VIED will be made available here during the application period.
For further information contact
UTS International Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 1531
VIED Website: www.vied.vn
Back to list
Lambert Initiative For Cannabinoid Therapeutics Supplementary Scholarships, University of Sydney, Australia, 6 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Lambert Initiative for Cannabinoid Therapeutics Supplementary Scholarships Research Areas: Health Sciences; Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Resea...
Judith Neilson Scholarship In Contemporary Art, University of Sydney, Australia, about 20 hours ago
Funding Body: Donor Title: Judith Neilson Scholarship in Contemporary Art Research Areas: Humanities & Social Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: The Judith Neilson Scholarship in Con...
Fulbright Professional Scholarship In Non Profit Leadership 2017, Australian Scholarships Foundation, Australia, 3 days ago
Scholarship Overview This scholarship provides an exceptional opportunity for personal / professional development and broader impact through research, experiential learning or management training ...
Fish Scholarship Fia Fundraising Essentials Course 2017, Australian Scholarships Foundation, Australia, 16 days ago
Scholarship Overview Valued at up to $495, the Fish Scholarship exists to support individuals working at emerging or small non-profit organisations and will enable one talented, up-and-coming fund...
Ph D Scholarship In Modelling Of Public Transport Systems, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 3 days ago
Apply no later than 25 July 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Management Engineering by completing the following form. Apply online The Division of Transport Modelling of the Technical University of D...
Graeme Kennedy Scholarship In Linguistics, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 6 days ago
Value: $10,000 Tenure of award: One year Closing dates for applications: 01 October 2017 1 October Number of awards offered: One History or background of award The Scholarship was established thro...