The Vietnam International Education Development (VIED) under the Ministry of Education and Training (MoET) and the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) are collaborating to provide high quality research education and training to qualified students from Vietnam to UTS. UTS will offer successful candidates a joint scholarship each year to students from Vietnam who have received the VIED Scholarship.
More information is available at the VIED website.
Value and duration
The joint scholarship benefits will include: Tuition fees, living allowance as stipulated by APA, and a return airfare to Sydney.
Who is eligible?
For essential eligibility criteria, please visit the VIED website.
To meet additional eligibility criteria for UTS, an applicant must:
- Have received the VIED scholarship from Vietnam;
- Have met UTS academic and English language requirements for admission;
- Be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003;
- Be commencing full-time enrolment in a HDR at UTS
- Not hold a research qualification regarded by the UTS to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctoral degree;
- Not have held an AusAID scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the scholarship; and
- Not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution; and
- Not previously have received an IPRS or UTS IRS for a Research Doctoral degree.
- Be citizens of Vietnam
- Have received an unconditional offer of admission to the UTS PhD program
- Intend to pursue a PhD in one of the priority academic research identified by VIED and/or within the research strengths of UTS.
Applications for this scholarship are currently closed. Full details on how to apply through VIED will be made available here during the application period.
For further information contact
UTS International Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 1531
VIED Website: www.vied.vn
Back to list
Postgraduate Scholarship In Milky Way Formation, University of Sydney, Australia, 17 days ago
Funding Body: The University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Milky Way Formation Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: A full-time postgraduat...
Industry Engagement Ph D Scholarship, Disability Access And Inclusion, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 9 days ago
The MARCIA concept is an aspirational status, devised by the City of Bunbury. Bunbury is a large regional city in Western Australia, part of the Greater Bunbury area, with a population of 81,000. ...
Australian Rotary Health Funding Partner Ph D Scholarships, University of Sydney, Australia, 9 days ago
Funding Body: Australian Rotary Health (ARH) Title: Australian Rotary Health Funding Partner PhD Scholarships Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: Australian Rot...
Lilian Cohen Memorial Award Ugce1009, University of New South Wales, Australia, 2 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers Opens 01/07/2015 Closing Date 30/09/2015 For commencement Semester 1 2016 Value $5,000 2 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year Residency Aus Citizen...
Ags Unsw Indigenous Law Scholarship Ugca1404, University of New South Wales, Australia, 18 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Third year and above, Postgraduate students Opens 16/06/2015 Closing Date 27/07/2015 For commencement Semester 2 2015 Value $7,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For one ...
Scientia Scholarships Ugca1137, University of New South Wales, Australia, 3 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers Opens 01/07/2015 Closing Date See below For commencement Semester 1 2016 Value $10,000 Scholarship(s) available For Duration of program (minimum)...