The Vietnam International Education Development (VIED) under the Ministry of Education and Training (MoET) and the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) are collaborating to provide high quality research education and training to qualified students from Vietnam to UTS. UTS will offer successful candidates a joint scholarship each year to students from Vietnam who have received the VIED Scholarship.
More information is available at the VIED website.
Value and duration
The joint scholarship benefits will include: Tuition fees, living allowance as stipulated by APA, and a return airfare to Sydney.
Who is eligible?
For essential eligibility criteria, please visit the VIED website.
To meet additional eligibility criteria for UTS, an applicant must:
- Have received the VIED scholarship from Vietnam;
- Have met UTS academic and English language requirements for admission;
- Be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003;
- Be commencing full-time enrolment in a HDR at UTS
- Not hold a research qualification regarded by the UTS to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctoral degree;
- Not have held an AusAID scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the scholarship; and
- Not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution; and
- Not previously have received an IPRS or UTS IRS for a Research Doctoral degree.
- Be citizens of Vietnam
- Have received an unconditional offer of admission to the UTS PhD program
- Intend to pursue a PhD in one of the priority academic research identified by VIED and/or within the research strengths of UTS.
Applications for this scholarship are currently closed. Full details on how to apply through VIED will be made available here during the application period.
For further information contact
UTS International Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 1531
VIED Website: www.vied.vn
Back to list
Postgraduate Scholarship In Clean Combustion And Energy Conversion, University of Sydney, Australia, 11 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Clean Combustion and Energy Conversion Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: A full-t...
New Colombo Plan – Scholarship Program Ugtr1037, University of New South Wales, Australia, 22 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Second year students, Third year and above Opens 30/04/2015 Closing Date 04/07/2015 For commencement Semester 1 2016 Value $67,000 Scholarship(s) available For one se...
The Beth Spence Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia, 19 days ago
Funding Body: Seashells Foundation Endowment Title: The Beth Spence Scholarship Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: The Seashells Foundation Endowment is genero...
Forest Industries Research Centre Ph D Scholarships, University of the Sunshine Coast, Australia, 28 days ago
The USC experience Undergraduate (my first degree) Postgraduate coursework Research students International students Courses and programs Student support How do I apply? How do I enrol? What will I...
Ruth Dobson Scholarship », Australian National University, Australia, 21 days ago
Overview Each year the Asia Pacific College of Diplomacy (APCD) may award one scholarship known as the Ruth Dobson Scholarship. The Scholarship is available to one international student who is ap...
Anu Study Canberra India Scholarship », Australian National University, Australia, about 1 month ago
Overview There shall be 10 scholarships available for the semester 2, 2015 intake for new international students' from India known as the ANU-Study Canberra India Scholarship. The Scholarships are...