The Vietnam International Education Development (VIED) under the Ministry of Education and Training (MoET) and the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) are collaborating to provide high quality research education and training to qualified students from Vietnam to UTS. UTS will offer successful candidates a joint scholarship each year to students from Vietnam who have received the VIED Scholarship.
More information is available at the VIED website.
Value and duration
The joint scholarship benefits will include: Tuition fees, living allowance as stipulated by APA, and a return airfare to Sydney.
Who is eligible?
For essential eligibility criteria, please visit the VIED website.
To meet additional eligibility criteria for UTS, an applicant must:
- Have received the VIED scholarship from Vietnam;
- Have met UTS academic and English language requirements for admission;
- Be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003;
- Be commencing full-time enrolment in a HDR at UTS
- Not hold a research qualification regarded by the UTS to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctoral degree;
- Not have held an AusAID scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the scholarship; and
- Not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution; and
- Not previously have received an IPRS or UTS IRS for a Research Doctoral degree.
- Be citizens of Vietnam
- Have received an unconditional offer of admission to the UTS PhD program
- Intend to pursue a PhD in one of the priority academic research identified by VIED and/or within the research strengths of UTS.
Applications for this scholarship are currently closed. Full details on how to apply through VIED will be made available here during the application period.
For further information contact
UTS International Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 1531
VIED Website: www.vied.vn
Back to list
Joint Scholarships Program For Vietnamese Ph D Students, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 23 days ago
The Ministry of Education and Training, Vietnam (MOET) through its Vietnam International Education Development (VIED) office and Edith Cowan University (ECU), are jointly offering postgraduate re...
The Goda Foundation Ph D Scholarship, Griffith University, Australia, 2 days ago
About the research The Goda Foundation PhD Scholarship will provide vital support in helping to progress research into a clinical setting; a crucial aspect in ensuring that medical research impac...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Economic Evaluation Of Chronic Pain Interventions, University of Sydney, Australia, 19 days ago
Funding Body: The University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Economic Evaluation of Chronic Pain Interventions Research Areas: Humanities & Social Sciences; Health Sciences; Sciences ...
Indigenous Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarship (Icas) Ugcl1000, University of New South Wales, Australia, 25 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers, First year students, Second year students, Third year and above Opens 05/08/2015 Closing Date See below For commencement Semester 1 2016 Value $5...
Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship, University of Tasmania, Australia, 24 days ago
Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship In celebration of Westpac Group’s upcoming 200th anniversary on 8 April 2017, the Westpac Bicentennial Foundation has been established. The Foundation has been e...
Indigenous Commonwealth Access Scholarship (Ias) Ugce1117, University of New South Wales, Australia, 25 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers, First year students, Second year students, Third year and above Opens 05/08/2015 Closing Date See below For commencement Semester 1 2016 Value $4...