The Vietnam International Education Development (VIED) under the Ministry of Education and Training (MoET) and the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) are collaborating to provide high quality research education and training to qualified students from Vietnam to UTS. UTS will offer successful candidates a joint scholarship each year to students from Vietnam who have received the VIED Scholarship.
More information is available at the VIED website.
Value and duration
The joint scholarship benefits will include: Tuition fees, living allowance as stipulated by APA, and a return airfare to Sydney.
Who is eligible?
For essential eligibility criteria, please visit the VIED website.
To meet additional eligibility criteria for UTS, an applicant must:
- Have received the VIED scholarship from Vietnam;
- Have met UTS academic and English language requirements for admission;
- Be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003;
- Be commencing full-time enrolment in a HDR at UTS
- Not hold a research qualification regarded by the UTS to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctoral degree;
- Not have held an AusAID scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the scholarship; and
- Not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution; and
- Not previously have received an IPRS or UTS IRS for a Research Doctoral degree.
- Be citizens of Vietnam
- Have received an unconditional offer of admission to the UTS PhD program
- Intend to pursue a PhD in one of the priority academic research identified by VIED and/or within the research strengths of UTS.
Applications for this scholarship are currently closed. Full details on how to apply through VIED will be made available here during the application period.
For further information contact
UTS International Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 1531
VIED Website: www.vied.vn
Back to list
Unsw Vietnam Partial Postgraduate Coursework Scholarships Pgce1008, University of New South Wales, Australia, 2 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Postgraduate students Opens 20/10/2014 Closing Date See below For commencement Semester 1 2015 Value $5,000 5 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year Residency Internatio...
Doctoral (Ph D) Student Position With Doctoral Grant (Kid Funding) In Tumor Biology/Tumor Therapy Of Lung Cancer, Karolinska Institute, Sweden, 22 days ago
Doctoral (PhD) student position with doctoral grant (KID funding) in tumor biology/tumor therapy of lung cancer De huvudsakliga målen för institutionen för onkologi-patologi är grundläggande, tran...
Ph D Scholarship Concentrating Solar Thermal Optical Modelling, CSIRO, Australia, 23 days ago
Be mentored by Australia's premier scientific researchers Gain access to our world-class facilities Kickstart your research career with CSIRO! The Position: CSIRO Energy Flagship now welcomes appl...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Exercise Immunology, University of Sydney, Australia, 9 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Exercise Immunology Research Areas: Health Sciences; Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: A full-tim...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Therapeutic Protein Synthesis, University of Sydney, Australia, 9 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Therapeutic Protein Synthesis Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: A full-time postg...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Synthetic Organic Chemistry, University of Sydney, Australia, 9 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Synthetic Organic Chemistry Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: A full-time postgra...