The Vietnam International Education Development (VIED) under the Ministry of Education and Training (MoET) and the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) are collaborating to provide high quality research education and training to qualified students from Vietnam to UTS. UTS will offer successful candidates a joint scholarship each year to students from Vietnam who have received the VIED Scholarship.
More information is available at the VIED website.
Value and duration
The joint scholarship benefits will include: Tuition fees, living allowance as stipulated by APA, and a return airfare to Sydney.
Who is eligible?
For essential eligibility criteria, please visit the VIED website.
To meet additional eligibility criteria for UTS, an applicant must:
- Have received the VIED scholarship from Vietnam;
- Have met UTS academic and English language requirements for admission;
- Be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003;
- Be commencing full-time enrolment in a HDR at UTS
- Not hold a research qualification regarded by the UTS to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctoral degree;
- Not have held an AusAID scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the scholarship; and
- Not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution; and
- Not previously have received an IPRS or UTS IRS for a Research Doctoral degree.
- Be citizens of Vietnam
- Have received an unconditional offer of admission to the UTS PhD program
- Intend to pursue a PhD in one of the priority academic research identified by VIED and/or within the research strengths of UTS.
Applications for this scholarship are currently closed. Full details on how to apply through VIED will be made available here during the application period.
For further information contact
UTS International Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 1531
VIED Website: www.vied.vn
Back to list
The Bay Wa Scholarship, Massey University, New Zealand, 29 days ago
Closing date: 30/04/2015 The BayWa scholarship scheme assists selected New Zealand citizens to complete a research-based PhD in the fields of agriculture, horticulture or fruit cultivation at a Ne...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Tactile And Crossmodal Perception, University of Sydney, Australia, 6 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Tactile and Crossmodal Perception Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: A full-time p...
Postgraduate Scholarship On Nicotine Exposure Effects On The Nicotinic Receptors In The Young Brain, University of Sydney, Australia, 15 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship on Nicotine Exposure Effects on the Nicotinic Receptors in the Young Brain Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Rese...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Neurophysiology, University of Sydney, Australia, 15 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Neurophysiology Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: A full-time postgraduate scholarship i...
Masters Scholarship (Chemistry) Slow Release Delivery In Animals, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 18 days ago
Application form availablehere . Full regulations can be downloaded here . (Requires Acrobat Reader ) History or background of award The Ferrier Research Institute is a leading applied, organic ch...
Asst Bldg Srvs Foreman (Three Positions), University of Tennessee, United States, 5 days ago
Asst Bldg Srvs Foreman (Three Positions) - 15000000AI Description Regular Full-time, Pay Grade 32 Duties/Responsibilities: Assists with supervising custodial employees in a building or group of bu...