The Vietnam International Education Development (VIED) under the Ministry of Education and Training (MoET) and the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) are collaborating to provide high quality research education and training to qualified students from Vietnam to UTS. UTS will offer successful candidates a joint scholarship each year to students from Vietnam who have received the VIED Scholarship.
More information is available at the VIED website.
Value and duration
The joint scholarship benefits will include: Tuition fees, living allowance as stipulated by APA, and a return airfare to Sydney.
Who is eligible?
For essential eligibility criteria, please visit the VIED website.
To meet additional eligibility criteria for UTS, an applicant must:
- Have received the VIED scholarship from Vietnam;
- Have met UTS academic and English language requirements for admission;
- Be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003;
- Be commencing full-time enrolment in a HDR at UTS
- Not hold a research qualification regarded by the UTS to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctoral degree;
- Not have held an AusAID scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the scholarship; and
- Not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution; and
- Not previously have received an IPRS or UTS IRS for a Research Doctoral degree.
- Be citizens of Vietnam
- Have received an unconditional offer of admission to the UTS PhD program
- Intend to pursue a PhD in one of the priority academic research identified by VIED and/or within the research strengths of UTS.
Applications for this scholarship are currently closed. Full details on how to apply through VIED will be made available here during the application period.
For further information contact
UTS International Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 1531
VIED Website: www.vied.vn
Back to list
(Henry Halloran Trust) Urban Housing Lab@Sydney Ph D Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia, 14 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: (Henry Halloran Trust) Urban Housing Lab@Sydney PhD Scholarship Research Areas: Humanities & Social Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: A PhD...
International Centre Global Mobility (Icgm) Scholarship Ugtr1038, University of New South Wales, Australia, 4 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Second year students, Third year and above, Honours year students, Postgraduate students Opens 17/04/2015 Closing Date 04/05/2015 For commencement Semester 1 2015 Val...
Call For Ph D Positions In The “Doctoral School Of Social Sciences”, 31st Cycle, Università degli Studi di Trento, Europe, about 22 hours ago
Fellowship posted by Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (19/04/2015 01.47) Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Excel...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Tactile And Crossmodal Perception, University of Sydney, Australia, 29 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Tactile and Crossmodal Perception Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: A full-time p...
Postgraduate Scholarship On The Nature & Significance Of T Lymphocyte Reactivity Against Orbital Antigens In Graves Ophthalmopathy, University of Sydney, Australia, 14 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship on the Nature & Significance of T lymphocyte Reactivity Against Orbital Antigens in Graves Ophthalmopathy Research Areas: Health ...
Australian Rotary Health Ph D Scholarships, Griffith University, Australia, 4 days ago
About Australian Rotary Health Australian Rotary Health is a multi-district project for Rotary in Australia, with over 1,150 Rotary Clubs and 38,000 Rotarians supporting it. Australian Rotary Heal...