The Vietnam International Education Development (VIED) under the Ministry of Education and Training (MoET) and the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) are collaborating to provide high quality research education and training to qualified students from Vietnam to UTS. UTS will offer successful candidates a joint scholarship each year to students from Vietnam who have received the VIED Scholarship.
More information is available at the VIED website.
Value and duration
The joint scholarship benefits will include: Tuition fees, living allowance as stipulated by APA, and a return airfare to Sydney.
Who is eligible?
For essential eligibility criteria, please visit the VIED website.
To meet additional eligibility criteria for UTS, an applicant must:
- Have received the VIED scholarship from Vietnam;
- Have met UTS academic and English language requirements for admission;
- Be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003;
- Be commencing full-time enrolment in a HDR at UTS
- Not hold a research qualification regarded by the UTS to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctoral degree;
- Not have held an AusAID scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the scholarship; and
- Not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution; and
- Not previously have received an IPRS or UTS IRS for a Research Doctoral degree.
- Be citizens of Vietnam
- Have received an unconditional offer of admission to the UTS PhD program
- Intend to pursue a PhD in one of the priority academic research identified by VIED and/or within the research strengths of UTS.
Applications for this scholarship are currently closed. Full details on how to apply through VIED will be made available here during the application period.
For further information contact
UTS International Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 1531
VIED Website: www.vied.vn
Back to list
Ph D Scholarship In Rheumatology, University of Sydney, Australia, 1 day ago
Funding Body: NHMRC Title: PhD Scholarship in Rheumatology Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: A full-time postgraduate scholarship with the department of Rheum...
Dr Ho Kok Tong Scholarship Ugce1245, University of New South Wales, Australia, 18 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers Opens 09/08/2016 Closing Date 06/01/2017 For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $6,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For up to 6 years Residency Aus ...
School Of Nursing And Midwifery (Snm) Ph D Scholarships, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 25 days ago
The School of Nursing and Midwifery undertake innovative research to develop knowledge, evaluate effectiveness and implement change in healthcare through interventions, treatments and knowledge to...
Ph D Positions In Virtual Testing Of Materials And Structures, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Germany, about 1 month ago
Job posted by Leibniz Universität Hannover (27/07/2016 16.28) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code...
Ph D Scholarship In Organic Light Emitting Diodes And Charge Transport In Organic Semiconductors, The University of Queensland, Australia, 27 days ago
Apply now Job no:499316 Area:Faculty of Science Salary (FTE):School Schol (APA Rate) NONBAND ($26,288.00 - $26,288.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia, Brisbane The School of ...
Ph D Scholarship In Chemistry (Organic Optoelectronics), The University of Queensland, Australia, 27 days ago
Apply now Job no:499312 Area:Faculty of Science Salary (FTE):School Schol (APA Rate) NONBAND ($26,288.00 - $26,288.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia, Brisbane The School of ...