The Vietnam International Education Development (VIED) under the Ministry of Education and Training (MoET) and the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) are collaborating to provide high quality research education and training to qualified students from Vietnam to UTS. UTS will offer successful candidates a joint scholarship each year to students from Vietnam who have received the VIED Scholarship.
More information is available at the VIED website.
Value and duration
The joint scholarship benefits will include: Tuition fees, living allowance as stipulated by APA, and a return airfare to Sydney.
Who is eligible?
For essential eligibility criteria, please visit the VIED website.
To meet additional eligibility criteria for UTS, an applicant must:
- Have received the VIED scholarship from Vietnam;
- Have met UTS academic and English language requirements for admission;
- Be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003;
- Be commencing full-time enrolment in a HDR at UTS
- Not hold a research qualification regarded by the UTS to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctoral degree;
- Not have held an AusAID scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the scholarship; and
- Not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution; and
- Not previously have received an IPRS or UTS IRS for a Research Doctoral degree.
- Be citizens of Vietnam
- Have received an unconditional offer of admission to the UTS PhD program
- Intend to pursue a PhD in one of the priority academic research identified by VIED and/or within the research strengths of UTS.
Applications for this scholarship are currently closed. Full details on how to apply through VIED will be made available here during the application period.
For further information contact
UTS International Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 1531
VIED Website: www.vied.vn
Back to list
Postgraduate Scholarship In Experimental Economics, University of Sydney, Australia, 24 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Experimental Economics Research Areas: Humanities & Social Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: The PhD candidate ...
Commonwealth Scholarships To The United Kingdom, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 8 days ago
Value: Please use "2016 Prospectus" link. Tenure of award: Up to 12 months’ support for study at an eligible UK university as part of a PhD being undertaken in your home country, under the joint s...
Francis Crick Institute Four Year Ph D Studentship 2016, The Francis Crick Institute, United Kingdom, 13 days ago
Job posted by London Research Institute (12/05/2016 15.47) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code fo...
Ph D Scholarships In Threatened Flora Conservation, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 14 days ago
Edith Cowan University (ECU) in partnership with the Western Australian Department of Parks and Wildlife are offering two exciting industry engagement scholarships in threatened plant conservation...
Two Apai Ph D Research Scholarships For Australian/New Zealand And International Students, University of New South Wales, Australia, 22 days ago
University of New South WalesSchool of Civil and Environmental EngineeringCentre for Infrastructure Engineering & SafetyandWestern Sydney University Institute for Infrastructure Engineerin...
Pain Flare Ph D Scholarship, The University of Queensland, Australia, 11 days ago
Apply now Job no:498979 Area:Faculty of Health and Behavioural Sciences Salary (FTE):School Schol (APA Rate) NONBAND ($26,288.00 - $26,288.00) Work type:Full Time - Fixed Term Location: St Lucia T...