The UTS International Research Scholarship (UTS IRS) is provided by the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) as part of its long term commitment to internationalisation with a particular view to enhancing its international links and profile in research. It is aimed at attracting high quality international students to work in areas of research strength at UTS. Each year, UTS offers up to 60 UTS IRS to eligible Higher Degree Research (HDR) candidates who demonstrate exceptional research potential.
Value and duration
The UTS IRS only covers the tuition fees for a period of two years for a Research Masters degree or three years for a Research Doctorate degree. The UTS IRS is not transferable to another institution. The mandatory cost of a standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is not covered by the UTS IRS.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the UTS IRS, a student must:
- be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003 (Cth); and
- purchase and maintain a standard OSHC policy approved by the Commonwealth government Department of Health and Ageing; and
- be commencing full-time enrolment in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at UTS;
- be undertaking study in a subject area identified by the University as one of its areas of research concentration; and
- not hold a research qualification regarded by the University to be equivalent to an Australian research doctorate degree or, if undertaking a research master's degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the provider to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian research master's degree; and
- not have held an Australian Agency for International Development scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the UTS IRS; and
- not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution; and
- not previously have received a UTS IRS for a research doctorate degree, unless converting to a research master's degree; and
- not previously have received an UTS IRS for a research master's degree, unless: ii) that degree was completed and the student is immediately undertaking a research doctorate degree; or ii) the student has converted their HDR under paragraph 3.25.15 of the Commonwealth Scholarships Guidelines (Research) 2010
Applications for this scholarship have currently closed. Further details on how to apply will be made available here during the application period.
Opening date: 01/05/2012
Closing date: 20/08/2012
For further information contact
UTS: Graduate Research School
Phone: +61 2 9514 1694
Back to list
Fulbright Scholarships 2017, Australian Scholarships Foundation, Australia, about 21 hours ago
Scholarship Overview Established in Australia in 1949, the Australian-American Fulbright Commission aims to promote mutual understanding through educational and cultural exchange between Australia...
Ph D Scholarship, The University of Queensland, Australia, 5 days ago
The Faculty of Medicine The Faculty of Medicine is a leading provider of medical education and medical research in Queensland, with the country's largest medical program. The four year graduate en...
Ph D Scholarship Clinical Trial Of Nicotine Vaporisers For Smoking Cessation Among Priority Populations Living With Co Morbidities, The University of Queensland, Australia, 23 days ago
Smoking is a leading cause of preventable death for priority populations with comorbidities (HIV, Hepatitis C and Opiate dependence) due to their high smoking prevalence, greater vulnerability to t...
Lambert Initiative For Cannabinoid Therapeutics Supplementary Scholarships, University of Sydney, Australia, about 19 hours ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Lambert Initiative for Cannabinoid Therapeutics Supplementary Scholarships Research Areas: Health Sciences; Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Resea...
Ph D Studentship: Bio Substrate Surfaces And Molecular Films, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, about 20 hours ago
We invite applications for a 4-year EPSRC Industrial CASE PhD studentship to work with Professor Paul Davies and Dr Mike Casford in collaboration with Unilever Research which will examine the micr...
Ph D In Cancer Survivorship And Telehealth, The University of Queensland, Australia, about 17 hours ago
Apply now Job no:500881 Area:Faculty of Medicine Salary (FTE):Research Scholar BAND Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: Other PhD in Cancer Survivorship and Telehealth Faculty of Medicine ...