The UTS International Research Scholarship (UTS IRS) is provided by the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) as part of its long term commitment to internationalisation with a particular view to enhancing its international links and profile in research. It is aimed at attracting high quality international students to work in areas of research strength at UTS. Each year, UTS offers up to 60 UTS IRS to eligible Higher Degree Research (HDR) candidates who demonstrate exceptional research potential.
Value and duration
The UTS IRS only covers the tuition fees for a period of two years for a Research Masters degree or three years for a Research Doctorate degree. The UTS IRS is not transferable to another institution. The mandatory cost of a standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is not covered by the UTS IRS.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the UTS IRS, a student must:
- be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003 (Cth); and
- purchase and maintain a standard OSHC policy approved by the Commonwealth government Department of Health and Ageing; and
- be commencing full-time enrolment in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at UTS;
- be undertaking study in a subject area identified by the University as one of its areas of research concentration; and
- not hold a research qualification regarded by the University to be equivalent to an Australian research doctorate degree or, if undertaking a research master's degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the provider to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian research master's degree; and
- not have held an Australian Agency for International Development scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the UTS IRS; and
- not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution; and
- not previously have received a UTS IRS for a research doctorate degree, unless converting to a research master's degree; and
- not previously have received an UTS IRS for a research master's degree, unless: ii) that degree was completed and the student is immediately undertaking a research doctorate degree; or ii) the student has converted their HDR under paragraph 3.25.15 of the Commonwealth Scholarships Guidelines (Research) 2010
Applications for this scholarship have currently closed. Further details on how to apply will be made available here during the application period.
Opening date: 01/05/2012
Closing date: 20/08/2012
For further information contact
UTS: Graduate Research School
Phone: +61 2 9514 1694
Back to list
Forest Industries Research Centre Ph D Scholarships, University of the Sunshine Coast, Australia, 1 day ago
The USC experience Undergraduate (my first degree) Postgraduate coursework Research students International students Courses and programs Student support How do I apply? How do I enrol? What will I...
Whiplash Injury Ph D Scholarships, Griffith University, Australia, 18 days ago
HDR Programs Master of Philosophy by Research (MPhil) Master of Medical Research Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Doctor of Philosophy (by Publication) Doctor of Philosophy in Clinical Psychology Doctor...
Ph D Scholarship In Short Pulse Upconversion Imaging And Spectroscopy Mid Tech, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 29 days ago
Apply no later than 15 May 2015 Apply for the job at DTU Fotonik by completing the following form. Apply online The Technical University of Denmark has an open PhD position as a part of the ITN pr...
Australian Rotary Health Ph D Scholarships, Griffith University, Australia, 9 days ago
About Australian Rotary Health Australian Rotary Health is a multi-district project for Rotary in Australia, with over 1,150 Rotary Clubs and 38,000 Rotarians supporting it. Australian Rotary Heal...
International Centre Global Mobility (Icgm) Scholarship Ugtr1038, University of New South Wales, Australia, 9 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Second year students, Third year and above, Honours year students, Postgraduate students Opens 17/04/2015 Closing Date 04/05/2015 For commencement Semester 1 2015 Val...
Ph D Position: Long Wavelength Infrared (Lwir) Upconversion Spectroscopy And Imaging, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 10 days ago
Apply no later than 15 May 2015 Apply for the job at DTU Fotonik by completing the following form. Apply online Department of Photonics Engineering at the Technical University of Denmark is seekin...