The UTS International Research Scholarship (UTS IRS) is provided by the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) as part of its long term commitment to internationalisation with a particular view to enhancing its international links and profile in research. It is aimed at attracting high quality international students to work in areas of research strength at UTS. Each year, UTS offers up to 60 UTS IRS to eligible Higher Degree Research (HDR) candidates who demonstrate exceptional research potential.
Value and duration
The UTS IRS only covers the tuition fees for a period of two years for a Research Masters degree or three years for a Research Doctorate degree. The UTS IRS is not transferable to another institution. The mandatory cost of a standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is not covered by the UTS IRS.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the UTS IRS, a student must:
- be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003 (Cth); and
- purchase and maintain a standard OSHC policy approved by the Commonwealth government Department of Health and Ageing; and
- be commencing full-time enrolment in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at UTS;
- be undertaking study in a subject area identified by the University as one of its areas of research concentration; and
- not hold a research qualification regarded by the University to be equivalent to an Australian research doctorate degree or, if undertaking a research master's degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the provider to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian research master's degree; and
- not have held an Australian Agency for International Development scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the UTS IRS; and
- not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution; and
- not previously have received a UTS IRS for a research doctorate degree, unless converting to a research master's degree; and
- not previously have received an UTS IRS for a research master's degree, unless: ii) that degree was completed and the student is immediately undertaking a research doctorate degree; or ii) the student has converted their HDR under paragraph 3.25.15 of the Commonwealth Scholarships Guidelines (Research) 2010
Applications for this scholarship have currently closed. Further details on how to apply will be made available here during the application period.
Opening date: 01/05/2012
Closing date: 20/08/2012
For further information contact
UTS: Graduate Research School
Phone: +61 2 9514 1694
Back to list
Ph D Studentship In Inorganic Coordination Chemistry For Precursor Development, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
Chemistry Location: Highfield Campus Closing Date: Friday 30 June 2017 Reference: 812316EB Supervisors: Prof G Reid and Prof W Levason A fully-funded 3 year PhD studentship in molecular coordinati...
Ph D Scholarship In Sport Science: Athlete Development In Australian Swimming, University of Sydney, Australia, 26 days ago
Funding Body: Swimming Australia Title: PhD Scholarship in Sport Science: Athlete Development in Australian Swimming Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: A full-...
The Kassulke Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia, 19 days ago
Funding Body: The University of Sydney Title: The Kassulke Scholarship Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: The Kassulke Scholarship has been created through a g...
Ph D Studentship In Materials Chemistry: Porous Hosts For Growth Of Nanostructured Semiconductors, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
Chemistry Location: Highfield Campus Closing Date: Friday 30 June 2017 Reference: 812216EB Supervisors : Prof A L Hector and Prof P n Bartlett A fully-funded 3 year PhD studentship in materials c...
Ph D Studentship: Nano Electronics, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
Nanoelectronics and Nanotechnology Location: Highfield Campus Closing Date: Monday 01 May 2017 Reference: 813316FP PhD Studentship: Nano-electronics 3 year Ph.D. studentship Funding: fees and stip...
Ph D Scholar, The University of Queensland, Australia, 28 days ago
Apply now Job no:499772 Area:Faculty of Medicine Salary (FTE):Externally Funded Res Scholar BAND Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: Brisbane The School of Clinical Medicine The School of ...