The UTS International Research Scholarship (UTS IRS) is provided by the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) as part of its long term commitment to internationalisation with a particular view to enhancing its international links and profile in research. It is aimed at attracting high quality international students to work in areas of research strength at UTS. Each year, UTS offers up to 60 UTS IRS to eligible Higher Degree Research (HDR) candidates who demonstrate exceptional research potential.
Value and duration
The UTS IRS only covers the tuition fees for a period of two years for a Research Masters degree or three years for a Research Doctorate degree. The UTS IRS is not transferable to another institution. The mandatory cost of a standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is not covered by the UTS IRS.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the UTS IRS, a student must:
- be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003 (Cth); and
- purchase and maintain a standard OSHC policy approved by the Commonwealth government Department of Health and Ageing; and
- be commencing full-time enrolment in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at UTS;
- be undertaking study in a subject area identified by the University as one of its areas of research concentration; and
- not hold a research qualification regarded by the University to be equivalent to an Australian research doctorate degree or, if undertaking a research master's degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the provider to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian research master's degree; and
- not have held an Australian Agency for International Development scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the UTS IRS; and
- not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution; and
- not previously have received a UTS IRS for a research doctorate degree, unless converting to a research master's degree; and
- not previously have received an UTS IRS for a research master's degree, unless: ii) that degree was completed and the student is immediately undertaking a research doctorate degree; or ii) the student has converted their HDR under paragraph 3.25.15 of the Commonwealth Scholarships Guidelines (Research) 2010
Applications for this scholarship have currently closed. Further details on how to apply will be made available here during the application period.
Opening date: 01/05/2012
Closing date: 20/08/2012
For further information contact
UTS: Graduate Research School
Phone: +61 2 9514 1694
Back to list
Ph D Position In Photonics/Integrated Optics, Foton, France, 15 days ago
Job posted by Foton (13/05/2016 10.28) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researchers. More ...
Arthritis And Osteoporosis Victoria Ph D Scholarship In Musculosketel Health, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 14 days ago
As part of the Arthritis and Osteoporosis Victoria (AOV) Research and Knowledge Exchange Strategy 2015-2019, the organisation is offering PhD scholarships for applicants who intend to pursue resea...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Experimental Economics, University of Sydney, Australia, 25 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Experimental Economics Research Areas: Humanities & Social Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: The PhD candidate ...
Ph D Scholarships In Threatened Flora Conservation, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 15 days ago
Edith Cowan University (ECU) in partnership with the Western Australian Department of Parks and Wildlife are offering two exciting industry engagement scholarships in threatened plant conservation...
The Curtin Ph D Scholarship For Clinical Research, University of Sydney, Australia, 7 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: The Curtin PhD Scholarship for Clinical Research Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: Two generous scholarships are ava...
Ph D Scholarship In Nanomechanical Sensors, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 15 days ago
Apply no later than 10 June 2016 Apply for the job at DTU Nanotech by completing the following form. Apply online DTU Nanotech conducts cross-disciplinary research where micro- and nanotechnology ...