The UTS International Research Scholarship (UTS IRS) is provided by the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) as part of its long term commitment to internationalisation with a particular view to enhancing its international links and profile in research. It is aimed at attracting high quality international students to work in areas of research strength at UTS. Each year, UTS offers up to 60 UTS IRS to eligible Higher Degree Research (HDR) candidates who demonstrate exceptional research potential.
Value and duration
The UTS IRS only covers the tuition fees for a period of two years for a Research Masters degree or three years for a Research Doctorate degree. The UTS IRS is not transferable to another institution. The mandatory cost of a standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is not covered by the UTS IRS.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the UTS IRS, a student must:
- be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003 (Cth); and
- purchase and maintain a standard OSHC policy approved by the Commonwealth government Department of Health and Ageing; and
- be commencing full-time enrolment in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at UTS;
- be undertaking study in a subject area identified by the University as one of its areas of research concentration; and
- not hold a research qualification regarded by the University to be equivalent to an Australian research doctorate degree or, if undertaking a research master's degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the provider to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian research master's degree; and
- not have held an Australian Agency for International Development scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the UTS IRS; and
- not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution; and
- not previously have received a UTS IRS for a research doctorate degree, unless converting to a research master's degree; and
- not previously have received an UTS IRS for a research master's degree, unless: ii) that degree was completed and the student is immediately undertaking a research doctorate degree; or ii) the student has converted their HDR under paragraph 3.25.15 of the Commonwealth Scholarships Guidelines (Research) 2010
Applications for this scholarship have currently closed. Further details on how to apply will be made available here during the application period.
Opening date: 01/05/2012
Closing date: 20/08/2012
For further information contact
UTS: Graduate Research School
Phone: +61 2 9514 1694
Back to list
Ph D Scholarship In Short Pulse Upconversion Imaging And Spectroscopy Mid Tech, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 3 days ago
Apply no later than 15 May 2015 Apply for the job at DTU Fotonik by completing the following form. Apply online The Technical University of Denmark has an open PhD position as a part of the ITN pr...
Indigenous Access Scholarship, University of the Sunshine Coast, Australia, 17 days ago
Applications open 1 May 2015. For Indigenous students commencing the Tertiary Preparation Program or an undergraduate program The Commonwealth Scholarships Program is funded by the Australian Gov...
Whiplash Injury Ph D Scholarships, Griffith University, Australia, 25 days ago
End-year Scholarship Round Applications open until midnight (AEST ) 27 April 2015. In association with the University's end-of-year round , the Griffith Health Institute also has the following Sch...
Epsrc Astra Zeneca Ph D Studentship, University of Liverpool, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
EPSRC-AstraZeneca PhD Studentship Cheap Metals for Noble Reactions - Asymmetric Hydrogenation with Iron Catalysts Supervisor: Professor Jianliang Xiao, Dr Jon Iggo and Dr Neil Berry Department of ...
Ph D Studentship Antimicrobial Surfaces For Wound Healing Applications, University of Liverpool, United Kingdom, 9 days ago
The School of Engineering, the Department of Chemistry and the Institute of Infection and Global Health PHD STUDENTSHIP: ANTIMICROBIAL SURFACES FOR WOUND HEALING APPLICATIONS Failure to tackle ant...
Ph D Studentship In Inorganic Chemistry, Cardiff University, United Kingdom, 27 days ago
Job posted by Cardiff University (03/03/2015 11.00) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Resea...