The UTS International Research Scholarship (UTS IRS) is provided by the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) as part of its long term commitment to internationalisation with a particular view to enhancing its international links and profile in research. It is aimed at attracting high quality international students to work in areas of research strength at UTS. Each year, UTS offers up to 60 UTS IRS to eligible Higher Degree Research (HDR) candidates who demonstrate exceptional research potential.
Value and duration
The UTS IRS only covers the tuition fees for a period of two years for a Research Masters degree or three years for a Research Doctorate degree. The UTS IRS is not transferable to another institution. The mandatory cost of a standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is not covered by the UTS IRS.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the UTS IRS, a student must:
- be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003 (Cth); and
- purchase and maintain a standard OSHC policy approved by the Commonwealth government Department of Health and Ageing; and
- be commencing full-time enrolment in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at UTS;
- be undertaking study in a subject area identified by the University as one of its areas of research concentration; and
- not hold a research qualification regarded by the University to be equivalent to an Australian research doctorate degree or, if undertaking a research master's degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the provider to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian research master's degree; and
- not have held an Australian Agency for International Development scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the UTS IRS; and
- not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution; and
- not previously have received a UTS IRS for a research doctorate degree, unless converting to a research master's degree; and
- not previously have received an UTS IRS for a research master's degree, unless: ii) that degree was completed and the student is immediately undertaking a research doctorate degree; or ii) the student has converted their HDR under paragraph 3.25.15 of the Commonwealth Scholarships Guidelines (Research) 2010
Applications for this scholarship have currently closed. Further details on how to apply will be made available here during the application period.
Opening date: 01/05/2012
Closing date: 20/08/2012
For further information contact
UTS: Graduate Research School
Phone: +61 2 9514 1694
Back to list
Developing Solutions/Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Scholarship, The University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
We are proud to be working with The Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust to offer full tuition fee scholarships in conjunction with our Developing Solutions Scholarship Scheme 4 full tuition fe...
Ph.D Scholarship In Coordination Chemistry, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 12 days ago
Ph.D Scholarship in Coordination Chemistry.A three year Ph.D scholarship to the value of NZ$25,000 per annum is available in the laboratory of Professor Allan Blackman, in the School of Applied Sci...
Ph D Student, Ghent University, Netherlands, 6 days ago
Job description The UGent-EA08 Department of Electrical energy, Systems and Automation invites an application for a PhD position within the field of Modelling Biomedical Systems (Engineering) to b...
Masters Scholarships For A Wide Range Of Countries, University of Nottingham, Europe, 17 days ago
Description Various Masters Scholarships. Do you want to realise your potential? These scholarships cover a range of nationalities and subjects and are towards tuition fee. Masters scholarships fo...
Newcastle University Turkey Scholarships, Newcastle University, United Kingdom, 26 days ago
Details: Newcastle University is delighted to announce 2 Newcastle University Turkey Scholarship awards. These awards are available to high achieving Turkish students applying for entry onto post...
Marie Sklodowska Curie Early Stage Researcher (Esr) / Ph D Position, Ghent University, Netherlands, 11 days ago
Job description Eligibility: Early-stage researchers (ESR) are those who are, at the time of recruitment by the host, in the first four years (full-time equivalent) of their research careers. This...