The UTS International Research Scholarship (UTS IRS) is provided by the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) as part of its long term commitment to internationalisation with a particular view to enhancing its international links and profile in research. It is aimed at attracting high quality international students to work in areas of research strength at UTS. Each year, UTS offers up to 60 UTS IRS to eligible Higher Degree Research (HDR) candidates who demonstrate exceptional research potential.
Value and duration
The UTS IRS only covers the tuition fees for a period of two years for a Research Masters degree or three years for a Research Doctorate degree. The UTS IRS is not transferable to another institution. The mandatory cost of a standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is not covered by the UTS IRS.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the UTS IRS, a student must:
- be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003 (Cth); and
- purchase and maintain a standard OSHC policy approved by the Commonwealth government Department of Health and Ageing; and
- be commencing full-time enrolment in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at UTS;
- be undertaking study in a subject area identified by the University as one of its areas of research concentration; and
- not hold a research qualification regarded by the University to be equivalent to an Australian research doctorate degree or, if undertaking a research master's degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the provider to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian research master's degree; and
- not have held an Australian Agency for International Development scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the UTS IRS; and
- not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution; and
- not previously have received a UTS IRS for a research doctorate degree, unless converting to a research master's degree; and
- not previously have received an UTS IRS for a research master's degree, unless: ii) that degree was completed and the student is immediately undertaking a research doctorate degree; or ii) the student has converted their HDR under paragraph 3.25.15 of the Commonwealth Scholarships Guidelines (Research) 2010
Applications for this scholarship have currently closed. Further details on how to apply will be made available here during the application period.
Opening date: 01/05/2012
Closing date: 20/08/2012
For further information contact
UTS: Graduate Research School
Phone: +61 2 9514 1694
Back to list
Ph D Scholar, The University of Queensland, Australia, 24 days ago
Doctoral Opportunities in Innate Immune Research Cancer Biology and Care Program, Faculty of Medicine-Mater Research Institute – The University of Queensland, Australia The Faculty of Medicine is ...
Expression Of Interest (Eoi) For Ph D Candidates, The University of Queensland, Australia, 21 days ago
Apply now Job no:500388 Area:Faculty of Science Salary (FTE):APA Scholarship NON-BANDED ($26,682.00 - $26,682.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship, Full Time - Fixed Term Location: Gatton The Sch...
Ph D Candidate, The University of Queensland, Australia, 11 days ago
The University of Queensland's Institute for Molecular Bioscience is a leading global research institute. IMB was established in 2000 as UQ's first research institute and is the cornerstone of one...
Ph D Scholarships In Law, La Trobe University, Australia, 4 days ago
Apply now Job no:552396 Work type:Fixed Term Location:Melbourne (Bundoora) Categories:Academic La Trobe Law School is celebrating its 25th birthday in 2017. We have a vibrant and supportive rese...
Asbestos Diseases Society Of Australia Phd Scholarship In Mesothelioma, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 11 hours ago
The Asbestos Diseases Society of Australia (Inc) (the Society) is a caring, non-profit, charitable organisation which was founded in 1979 to provide counselling and support services to those who d...
Raymond L. Debus Bequest Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia, about 3 hours ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Raymond L. Debus Bequest Scholarship Research Areas: Humanities & Social Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: Established in 2017 by a bequest...