The UTS International Research Scholarship (UTS IRS) is provided by the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) as part of its long term commitment to internationalisation with a particular view to enhancing its international links and profile in research. It is aimed at attracting high quality international students to work in areas of research strength at UTS. Each year, UTS offers up to 60 UTS IRS to eligible Higher Degree Research (HDR) candidates who demonstrate exceptional research potential.
Value and duration
The UTS IRS only covers the tuition fees for a period of two years for a Research Masters degree or three years for a Research Doctorate degree. The UTS IRS is not transferable to another institution. The mandatory cost of a standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is not covered by the UTS IRS.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the UTS IRS, a student must:
- be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003 (Cth); and
- purchase and maintain a standard OSHC policy approved by the Commonwealth government Department of Health and Ageing; and
- be commencing full-time enrolment in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at UTS;
- be undertaking study in a subject area identified by the University as one of its areas of research concentration; and
- not hold a research qualification regarded by the University to be equivalent to an Australian research doctorate degree or, if undertaking a research master's degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the provider to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian research master's degree; and
- not have held an Australian Agency for International Development scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the UTS IRS; and
- not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution; and
- not previously have received a UTS IRS for a research doctorate degree, unless converting to a research master's degree; and
- not previously have received an UTS IRS for a research master's degree, unless: ii) that degree was completed and the student is immediately undertaking a research doctorate degree; or ii) the student has converted their HDR under paragraph 3.25.15 of the Commonwealth Scholarships Guidelines (Research) 2010
Applications for this scholarship have currently closed. Further details on how to apply will be made available here during the application period.
Opening date: 01/05/2012
Closing date: 20/08/2012
For further information contact
UTS: Graduate Research School
Phone: +61 2 9514 1694
Back to list
Ph D Scholarship In Nanophotonics Devices For Ultra Fast Nonlinear Processes In The Infrared, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 30 days ago
Apply no later than 31 January 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Fotonik by completing the following form. Apply online A 3-year PhD position is available at DTU Fotonik, Department of Photonics, Tech...
Scholarships Available For Ph D Positions In Telecommunications Network Engineering, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 1 month ago
The UNSW Australia School of Electrical Engineering and Telecommunications is seeking high quality students to conduct research leading to degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in areas relating to ...
Rotary Ph D Scholarship At The Queensland Brain Institute, The University of Queensland, Australia, about 1 month ago
Apply now Job no:499982 Area:Queensland Brain Institute Salary (FTE):APA Scholarship NON-BANDED ($26,288.00 - $26,288.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia, Brisbane Queensland ...
Ph D Scholarship In Child And Adolescent Burns Research, The University of Queensland, Australia, about 1 month ago
Apply now Job no:499891 Area:Faculty of Medicine Salary (FTE):Research Scholar BAND Work type:Full Time - Fixed Term Location: Brisbane Established in 2015, the UQ Child Health Research Centre (UQ...
Two Ph D Positions Available In The Field Of Organic And Organometallic Materials Chemistry , Macquarie University, Australia, 26 days ago
Two PhD Positions (#2016356 and #2016357) available in the field of Organic and Organometallic Materials Chemistry The group of A/Prof. Koushik Venkatesan will move to Macquarie Universi...
Ph D Scholarships In Biomimetics, The University of Queensland, Australia, 2 days ago
Apply now Job no:500111 Area:Aust Institute for Bioengineering & Nanotechnology Salary (FTE):UQ Scholarship (APA Rate)NON-BANDED ($26,682.00 - $26,682.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Locatio...