The UTS International Research Scholarship (UTS IRS) is provided by the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) as part of its long term commitment to internationalisation with a particular view to enhancing its international links and profile in research. It is aimed at attracting high quality international students to work in areas of research strength at UTS. Each year, UTS offers up to 60 UTS IRS to eligible Higher Degree Research (HDR) candidates who demonstrate exceptional research potential.
Value and duration
The UTS IRS only covers the tuition fees for a period of two years for a Research Masters degree or three years for a Research Doctorate degree. The UTS IRS is not transferable to another institution. The mandatory cost of a standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is not covered by the UTS IRS.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the UTS IRS, a student must:
- be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003 (Cth); and
- purchase and maintain a standard OSHC policy approved by the Commonwealth government Department of Health and Ageing; and
- be commencing full-time enrolment in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at UTS;
- be undertaking study in a subject area identified by the University as one of its areas of research concentration; and
- not hold a research qualification regarded by the University to be equivalent to an Australian research doctorate degree or, if undertaking a research master's degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the provider to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian research master's degree; and
- not have held an Australian Agency for International Development scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the UTS IRS; and
- not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution; and
- not previously have received a UTS IRS for a research doctorate degree, unless converting to a research master's degree; and
- not previously have received an UTS IRS for a research master's degree, unless: ii) that degree was completed and the student is immediately undertaking a research doctorate degree; or ii) the student has converted their HDR under paragraph 3.25.15 of the Commonwealth Scholarships Guidelines (Research) 2010
Applications for this scholarship have currently closed. Further details on how to apply will be made available here during the application period.
Opening date: 01/05/2012
Closing date: 20/08/2012
For further information contact
UTS: Graduate Research School
Phone: +61 2 9514 1694
Back to list
Real Time Image Processing Ph D Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 23 days ago
The Electron Science Research Institute (ESRI) is seeking enthusiastic and qualified candidates for PhD studentship in the area of real time image processing. We are seeking candidates interested ...
Two Ph D Positions In Learning Analytics, KU Leuven, Belgium, 24 days ago
Job posted by KU Leuven (15/09/2015 01.45) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researchers. M...
Ph D Scholarship In Water Resources Management In Remote Indigenous Communities, Griffith University, Australia, 3 days ago
About the project The aim of this Australian Research Council Linkage project is to develop an empirically-based and community-driven framework to facilitate the efficient use and to secure the lo...
Master Of Philosophy (M Phil) Scholarships To Study Neuroscience, The University of Queensland, Australia, 29 days ago
Apply now Job no:497911 Area:Queensland Brain Institute Salary (FTE):APA Scholarship NON-BANDED ($25,849.00 - $25,849.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia Queensland Brain Inst...
Ph D Scholarship In New Methods For Fabrication Of Pyrolysed Carbon Microelectrodes, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 9 days ago
Apply no later than 21 October 2015 Apply for the job at DTU Nanotech by completing the following form. Apply online Applications are invited for the fully funded 3-year PhD scholarship. The PhD s...
International Centre Global Mobility (Icgm) Scholarship Ugtr1038, University of New South Wales, Australia, 29 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Second year students, Third year and above, Honours year students, Postgraduate students Opens 10/09/2015 Closing Date 12/10/2015 For commencement Semester 2 2016 Val...