The UTS International Research Scholarship (UTS IRS) is provided by the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) as part of its long term commitment to internationalisation with a particular view to enhancing its international links and profile in research. It is aimed at attracting high quality international students to work in areas of research strength at UTS. Each year, UTS offers up to 60 UTS IRS to eligible Higher Degree Research (HDR) candidates who demonstrate exceptional research potential.
Value and duration
The UTS IRS only covers the tuition fees for a period of two years for a Research Masters degree or three years for a Research Doctorate degree. The UTS IRS is not transferable to another institution. The mandatory cost of a standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is not covered by the UTS IRS.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the UTS IRS, a student must:
- be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003 (Cth); and
- purchase and maintain a standard OSHC policy approved by the Commonwealth government Department of Health and Ageing; and
- be commencing full-time enrolment in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at UTS;
- be undertaking study in a subject area identified by the University as one of its areas of research concentration; and
- not hold a research qualification regarded by the University to be equivalent to an Australian research doctorate degree or, if undertaking a research master's degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the provider to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian research master's degree; and
- not have held an Australian Agency for International Development scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the UTS IRS; and
- not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution; and
- not previously have received a UTS IRS for a research doctorate degree, unless converting to a research master's degree; and
- not previously have received an UTS IRS for a research master's degree, unless: ii) that degree was completed and the student is immediately undertaking a research doctorate degree; or ii) the student has converted their HDR under paragraph 3.25.15 of the Commonwealth Scholarships Guidelines (Research) 2010
Applications for this scholarship have currently closed. Further details on how to apply will be made available here during the application period.
Opening date: 01/05/2012
Closing date: 20/08/2012
For further information contact
UTS: Graduate Research School
Phone: +61 2 9514 1694
Back to list
Ph D Position In Generation Of Bright Few Cycle Mid Ir Pulses Through External Compression, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 22 days ago
Apply no later than 2 October 2016 Apply for the job at DTU Fotonik by completing the following form. Apply online The Technical University of Denmark has an open PhD position for experimentally g...
Tura New Music Ph D Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 7 days ago
This project will gather qualitative and quantative data on audience response to and engagement with music programs in metropolitan and regional Western Australia. The aim is to better understan...
Ph D Position In Supercontinuum Light Source Development At Tut Within The New European Training Network Supuvir, Tampere University of Technology (TUT), Finland, 17 days ago
Job posted by Academic Positions (08/09/2016 17.01) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Resea...
Ph D Scholarship In Rheumatology, University of Sydney, Australia, 10 days ago
Funding Body: NHMRC Title: PhD Scholarship in Rheumatology Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: A full-time postgraduate scholarship is available for a suitably ...
Ph D Position Designing, Developing And Testing Advanced Instrumentation For Photoacoustic/Ultrasound Imaging Of The Breast., University of Twente (UT), Netherlands, 20 days ago
Job posted by AcademicTransfer (06/09/2016 00.30) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researc...
Ph D Scholarship In The Community Pharmacy – Research Into Policy, University of Sydney, Australia, 3 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: PhD Scholarship in The Community Pharmacy – Research into Policy Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: The Community Pha...