The UTS International Research Scholarship (UTS IRS) is provided by the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) as part of its long term commitment to internationalisation with a particular view to enhancing its international links and profile in research. It is aimed at attracting high quality international students to work in areas of research strength at UTS. Each year, UTS offers up to 60 UTS IRS to eligible Higher Degree Research (HDR) candidates who demonstrate exceptional research potential.
Value and duration
The UTS IRS only covers the tuition fees for a period of two years for a Research Masters degree or three years for a Research Doctorate degree. The UTS IRS is not transferable to another institution. The mandatory cost of a standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is not covered by the UTS IRS.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the UTS IRS, a student must:
- be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003 (Cth); and
- purchase and maintain a standard OSHC policy approved by the Commonwealth government Department of Health and Ageing; and
- be commencing full-time enrolment in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at UTS;
- be undertaking study in a subject area identified by the University as one of its areas of research concentration; and
- not hold a research qualification regarded by the University to be equivalent to an Australian research doctorate degree or, if undertaking a research master's degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the provider to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian research master's degree; and
- not have held an Australian Agency for International Development scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the UTS IRS; and
- not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution; and
- not previously have received a UTS IRS for a research doctorate degree, unless converting to a research master's degree; and
- not previously have received an UTS IRS for a research master's degree, unless: ii) that degree was completed and the student is immediately undertaking a research doctorate degree; or ii) the student has converted their HDR under paragraph 3.25.15 of the Commonwealth Scholarships Guidelines (Research) 2010
Applications for this scholarship have currently closed. Further details on how to apply will be made available here during the application period.
Opening date: 01/05/2012
Closing date: 20/08/2012
For further information contact
UTS: Graduate Research School
Phone: +61 2 9514 1694
Back to list
Cyber Security / City Of Joondalup Industry Project Ph D Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 12 days ago
This ECU PhD project will involve working with the City of Joondalup as they continue to set the standard in WA Local Government for its commitment to innovative services, programs, events and fac...
Postgraduate Organ Scholarship, University of Aberdeen, United Kingdom, about 7 hours ago
Home ›Funding Database ›Search Results › Postgraduate Organ Scholarship Summary The Department of Music at the University of Aberdeen seeks to appoint a postgraduate organ scholar to assist in the...
Ph D Stipend At Cnap (21 15068), Aalborg University, Denmark, 9 days ago
At the Faculty of Medicine, Department of Health Science and Technology, Center for Neuroplasticity and Pain (CNAP), SMI a PhD stipend is available within the general study programme "Biomedical S...
Victoria Ahumairangi Ph D Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 22 days ago
Value: $21,000 plus tuition fees. Tenure of award: * Scholarships will normally be tenable for three years. * For a student who has already been enrolled for a PhD at Victoria for more than three ...
Ph D For Energy Harvesting In An Automotive Environment (V36.2414), Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, 7 days ago
Departments Department of Electrical Engineering Job description The Eindhoven University of Technology has a vacancy for: PhD student for energy harvesting in an automotive environment in the Ele...
Research Studentships In Politics & Ir, Queen Mary University Of London, Queen Mary University of London, United Kingdom, 2 days ago
Job posted by Queen Mary University of London (23/11/2015 16.20) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and C...