The UTS International Research Scholarship (UTS IRS) is provided by the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) as part of its long term commitment to internationalisation with a particular view to enhancing its international links and profile in research. It is aimed at attracting high quality international students to work in areas of research strength at UTS. Each year, UTS offers up to 60 UTS IRS to eligible Higher Degree Research (HDR) candidates who demonstrate exceptional research potential.
Value and duration
The UTS IRS only covers the tuition fees for a period of two years for a Research Masters degree or three years for a Research Doctorate degree. The UTS IRS is not transferable to another institution. The mandatory cost of a standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is not covered by the UTS IRS.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the UTS IRS, a student must:
- be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003 (Cth); and
- purchase and maintain a standard OSHC policy approved by the Commonwealth government Department of Health and Ageing; and
- be commencing full-time enrolment in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at UTS;
- be undertaking study in a subject area identified by the University as one of its areas of research concentration; and
- not hold a research qualification regarded by the University to be equivalent to an Australian research doctorate degree or, if undertaking a research master's degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the provider to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian research master's degree; and
- not have held an Australian Agency for International Development scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the UTS IRS; and
- not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution; and
- not previously have received a UTS IRS for a research doctorate degree, unless converting to a research master's degree; and
- not previously have received an UTS IRS for a research master's degree, unless: ii) that degree was completed and the student is immediately undertaking a research doctorate degree; or ii) the student has converted their HDR under paragraph 3.25.15 of the Commonwealth Scholarships Guidelines (Research) 2010
Applications for this scholarship have currently closed. Further details on how to apply will be made available here during the application period.
Opening date: 01/05/2012
Closing date: 20/08/2012
For further information contact
UTS: Graduate Research School
Phone: +61 2 9514 1694
Back to list
Fulbright Australian Postgraduate Scholarships, Griffith University, Australia, 12 days ago
The Fulbright Postgraduate scholarship allows postgraduate students undertaking their Australian PhD to conduct a period of research and/or study in the US; or supports enrolment in a U.S. postgra...
Postgraduate Coursework Equity Scholarship Pgce1004, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 2 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Postgraduate students Opens 27/05/2015 Closing Date 30/06/2015 For commencement Semester 2 2015 Value $13,000 10 Scholarship(s) available For Duration of program (mi...
Ph D Scholarship For Research Into Cardiovascular Disease Inequalities », Australian National University, Australia, 7 days ago
Overview The National Centre for Epidemiology and Population Health (NCEPH) is offering the opportunity to join a high-performing, collegial team as a postgraduate scholar for a period of approxim...
Westpac Bicentennial Foundation Asian Exchange Scholarship », Australian National University, Australia, 6 days ago
Overview This scholarship was established by the Westpac Bicentennial Foundation as part of Westpac's 200th anniversary celebrations, which will be officially commemorated in 2017. The scholarship...
Ruth Dobson Scholarship », Australian National University, Australia, 27 days ago
Overview Each year the Asia Pacific College of Diplomacy (APCD) may award one scholarship known as the Ruth Dobson Scholarship. The Scholarship is available to one international student who is ap...
2016 John Monash Scholarships, Australian Scholarships Foundation, Australia, 26 days ago
Scholarship Overview The John Monash Scholarships recognise excellence and leadership, and celebrate one of Australia's finest leaders: General Sir John Monash. Each year the Scholarships are awar...