The UTS International Research Scholarship (UTS IRS) is provided by the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) as part of its long term commitment to internationalisation with a particular view to enhancing its international links and profile in research. It is aimed at attracting high quality international students to work in areas of research strength at UTS. Each year, UTS offers up to 60 UTS IRS to eligible Higher Degree Research (HDR) candidates who demonstrate exceptional research potential.
Value and duration
The UTS IRS only covers the tuition fees for a period of two years for a Research Masters degree or three years for a Research Doctorate degree. The UTS IRS is not transferable to another institution. The mandatory cost of a standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is not covered by the UTS IRS.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the UTS IRS, a student must:
- be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003 (Cth); and
- purchase and maintain a standard OSHC policy approved by the Commonwealth government Department of Health and Ageing; and
- be commencing full-time enrolment in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at UTS;
- be undertaking study in a subject area identified by the University as one of its areas of research concentration; and
- not hold a research qualification regarded by the University to be equivalent to an Australian research doctorate degree or, if undertaking a research master's degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the provider to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian research master's degree; and
- not have held an Australian Agency for International Development scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the UTS IRS; and
- not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution; and
- not previously have received a UTS IRS for a research doctorate degree, unless converting to a research master's degree; and
- not previously have received an UTS IRS for a research master's degree, unless: ii) that degree was completed and the student is immediately undertaking a research doctorate degree; or ii) the student has converted their HDR under paragraph 3.25.15 of the Commonwealth Scholarships Guidelines (Research) 2010
Applications for this scholarship have currently closed. Further details on how to apply will be made available here during the application period.
Opening date: 01/05/2012
Closing date: 20/08/2012
For further information contact
UTS: Graduate Research School
Phone: +61 2 9514 1694
Back to list
Bayswater Football Club Industry Project Ph D Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 8 days ago
Making correct decisions about how and where to pass the ball is crucial to success in sports such as football. The interaction between individual decisions and team patterns is not well understoo...
2015 Afgw Nsw Tempe Mann Travelling Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia, 23 days ago
Funding Body: Australian Federation of Graduate Women NSW Title: 2015 AFGW NSW Tempe Mann Travelling Scholarship Research Areas: Humanities & Social Sciences; Health Sciences; Sciences & Engineeri...
Danielle Sirmai Memorial Award Ugtr1035, University of New South Wales, Australia, 29 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Third year and above, Postgraduate students Opens 01/07/2015 Closing Date 31/08/2015 For commencement Semester 2 2015 Value $5,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For One ...
Ph D: Microwave Assisted Methane Valorisation, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 22 days ago
PhD: Microwave-Assisted Methane Valorisation Department/faculty: Mechanical, Maritime and Materials Engineering Level: Master degree Working hours: 38 hours per week Contract: 4 years Salary: € 21...
Vincent Lo Scholarship Ugtr1011, University of New South Wales, Australia, 29 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage First year students, Second year students, Third year and above Opens 01/07/2015 Closing Date 31/08/2015 For commencement Semester 2 2016 Value $5,000 1 Scholarship(s...
Ags Unsw Indigenous Law Scholarship Ugca1404, University of New South Wales, Australia, 1 day ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Third year and above, Postgraduate students Opens 28/07/2015 Closing Date 07/08/2015 For commencement Semester 2 2015 Value $7,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For one ...