Uts International Research Scholarship (Irs), University Of Technology, Sydney
The UTS International Research Scholarship (UTS IRS) is provided by the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) as part of its long term commitment to internationalisation with a particular view to enhancing its international links and profile in research. It is aimed at attracting high quality international students to work in areas of research strength at UTS. Each year, UTS offers up to 60 UTS IRS to eligible Higher Degree Research (HDR) candidates who demonstrate exceptional research potential.
Value and duration
The UTS IRS only covers the tuition fees for a period of two years for a Research Masters degree or three years for a Research Doctorate degree. The UTS IRS is not transferable to another institution. The mandatory cost of a standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is not covered by the UTS IRS.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the UTS IRS, a student must:
- be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003 (Cth); and
- purchase and maintain a standard OSHC policy approved by the Commonwealth government Department of Health and Ageing; and
- be commencing full-time enrolment in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at UTS;
- be undertaking study in a subject area identified by the University as one of its areas of research concentration; and
- not hold a research qualification regarded by the University to be equivalent to an Australian research doctorate degree or, if undertaking a research master's degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the provider to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian research master's degree; and
- not have held an Australian Agency for International Development scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the UTS IRS; and
- not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution; and
- not previously have received a UTS IRS for a research doctorate degree, unless converting to a research master's degree; and
- not previously have received an UTS IRS for a research master's degree, unless: ii) that degree was completed and the student is immediately undertaking a research doctorate degree; or ii) the student has converted their HDR under paragraph 3.25.15 of the Commonwealth Scholarships Guidelines (Research) 2010
Applications for this scholarship have currently closed. Further details on how to apply will be made available here during the application period.
Opening date: 01/05/2012
Closing date: 20/08/2012
For further information contact
UTS: Graduate Research School
Phone: +61 2 9514 1694
Back to list
View or Apply
University of Technology Sydney - AustraliaThe UTS International Research Scholarship (UTS IRS) is provided by the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) as part of its long term commitment to internationalisation with a particular view to enhancing
University of Technology Sydney - AustraliaThe UTS President's scholarship (UTSP) is provided by the University of Technology, Sydney to international Higher Degree Research (HDR) students who demonstrate exceptional research potential. UTSPs
University of Technology Sydney - AustraliaEach year, the Australian Government Department of Industry provides a number of International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS) to eligible candidates. These scholarships allow students of
University of Technology Sydney - AustraliaThe Australian Postgraduate Awards (APA) are funded by the Australian Commonwealth Government Department of Industry and are tenable at Australian tertiary institutions for doctoral and masters research
University of Technology Sydney - AustraliaThe Vietnam International Education Development (VIED) under the Ministry of Education and Training (MoET) and the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) are collaborating to provide high quality research
University of Technology Sydney - AustraliaThe UTS Doctoral Scholarship (UTSD) is provided by the University of Technology Sydney, to students of exceptional research potential undertaking a Higher Degree Research (HDR). UTSDs are provided to
University of Wollongong - AustraliaThe International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS) is available to citizens of overseas countries (excluding New Zealand). The IPRS is not available to continuing students and does not provided