The UTS International Research Scholarship (UTS IRS) is provided by the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) as part of its long term commitment to internationalisation with a particular view to enhancing its international links and profile in research. It is aimed at attracting high quality international students to work in areas of research strength at UTS. Each year, UTS offers up to 60 UTS IRS to eligible Higher Degree Research (HDR) candidates who demonstrate exceptional research potential.
Value and duration
The UTS IRS only covers the tuition fees for a period of two years for a Research Masters degree or three years for a Research Doctorate degree. The UTS IRS is not transferable to another institution. The mandatory cost of a standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is not covered by the UTS IRS.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the UTS IRS, a student must:
- be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003 (Cth); and
- purchase and maintain a standard OSHC policy approved by the Commonwealth government Department of Health and Ageing; and
- be commencing full-time enrolment in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at UTS;
- be undertaking study in a subject area identified by the University as one of its areas of research concentration; and
- not hold a research qualification regarded by the University to be equivalent to an Australian research doctorate degree or, if undertaking a research master's degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the provider to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian research master's degree; and
- not have held an Australian Agency for International Development scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the UTS IRS; and
- not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution; and
- not previously have received a UTS IRS for a research doctorate degree, unless converting to a research master's degree; and
- not previously have received an UTS IRS for a research master's degree, unless: ii) that degree was completed and the student is immediately undertaking a research doctorate degree; or ii) the student has converted their HDR under paragraph 3.25.15 of the Commonwealth Scholarships Guidelines (Research) 2010
Applications for this scholarship have currently closed. Further details on how to apply will be made available here during the application period.
Opening date: 01/05/2012
Closing date: 20/08/2012
For further information contact
UTS: Graduate Research School
Phone: +61 2 9514 1694
Back to list
Ph D Position On Mid Ir Si Photonic Chips For Optical Interconnect (Mid Chip), Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 18 days ago
Apply no later than 7 August 2016 Apply for the job at DTU Fotonik by completing the following form. Apply online Description of PhD project Today’s communication infrastructure is facing serious ...
Ph D Candidate Transport Phenomena Near Interfaces, University of Twente (UT), Netherlands, 16 days ago
Job posted by AcademicTransfer (07/07/2016 00.30) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researc...
Ph D "Comfort And Safety Of E Steps", KU Leuven, Belgium, 14 days ago
Job posted by KU Leuven (09/07/2016 02.15) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researchers. M...
Faculty Of Pharmacy Ph D Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia, 29 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Faculty of Pharmacy PhD Scholarship Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: Faculty of Pharmacy PhD Scholarships (FPPS) ar...
The Ross Brown Postgraduate Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia, 29 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: The Ross Brown Postgraduate Scholarship Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: The Ross Brown Postgraduate Scholarship wa...
Fuller Shells: Ph D Position At The Faculty Of Architecture, KU Leuven, Belgium, 11 days ago
Job posted by KU Leuven (12/07/2016 08.45) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researchers. M...