The UTS International Research Scholarship (UTS IRS) is provided by the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) as part of its long term commitment to internationalisation with a particular view to enhancing its international links and profile in research. It is aimed at attracting high quality international students to work in areas of research strength at UTS. Each year, UTS offers up to 60 UTS IRS to eligible Higher Degree Research (HDR) candidates who demonstrate exceptional research potential.
Value and duration
The UTS IRS only covers the tuition fees for a period of two years for a Research Masters degree or three years for a Research Doctorate degree. The UTS IRS is not transferable to another institution. The mandatory cost of a standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is not covered by the UTS IRS.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the UTS IRS, a student must:
- be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003 (Cth); and
- purchase and maintain a standard OSHC policy approved by the Commonwealth government Department of Health and Ageing; and
- be commencing full-time enrolment in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at UTS;
- be undertaking study in a subject area identified by the University as one of its areas of research concentration; and
- not hold a research qualification regarded by the University to be equivalent to an Australian research doctorate degree or, if undertaking a research master's degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the provider to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian research master's degree; and
- not have held an Australian Agency for International Development scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the UTS IRS; and
- not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution; and
- not previously have received a UTS IRS for a research doctorate degree, unless converting to a research master's degree; and
- not previously have received an UTS IRS for a research master's degree, unless: ii) that degree was completed and the student is immediately undertaking a research doctorate degree; or ii) the student has converted their HDR under paragraph 3.25.15 of the Commonwealth Scholarships Guidelines (Research) 2010
Applications for this scholarship have currently closed. Further details on how to apply will be made available here during the application period.
Opening date: 01/05/2012
Closing date: 20/08/2012
For further information contact
UTS: Graduate Research School
Phone: +61 2 9514 1694
Back to list
Usq Health Economics Ph D Scholarship, University of Southern Queensland, Australia, about 17 hours ago
The School of Commerce at the University of Southern Queensland (USQ), Australia is offering two USQ Research Training Program (RTP), Health Economics PhD scholarships to carry out research that w...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Multiphase Flow In Unsaturated Porous Media, University of Sydney, Australia, 8 days ago
Funding Body: University Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Multiphase Flow in Unsaturated Porous Media Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: One postgradu...
Usq Advance Queensland Ph D Scholarship, University of Southern Queensland, Australia, about 17 hours ago
A USQ Advance Queensland PhD scholarship is available for a self-driven student to work in the area of Internet of Things (IoT)/Mobile Computing with expertise and interest in Machine Learning in ...
Ph D Scholarship, The University of Queensland, Australia, 13 days ago
Apply now Job no:500586 Area:Faculty of Science Salary (FTE):APA Scholarship NON-BANDED ($26,682.00 - $26,682.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia School of Earth and Environme...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Contaminant Hydrology, University of Sydney, Australia, about 3 hours ago
Funding Body: School of Civil Engineering Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Contaminant Hydrology Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: The proposed proje...
Ph D Studentship: Beam Shaping For High Precision High Speed Laser Based Manufacturing, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, about 9 hours ago
Optoelectronics Research Centre Location: Highfield Campus Closing Date: Thursday 31 August 2017 Reference: 876117EH Project title: Beam-Shaping for High-Precision High-Speed Laser-Based Manufactu...