The UTS International Research Scholarship (UTS IRS) is provided by the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) as part of its long term commitment to internationalisation with a particular view to enhancing its international links and profile in research. It is aimed at attracting high quality international students to work in areas of research strength at UTS. Each year, UTS offers up to 60 UTS IRS to eligible Higher Degree Research (HDR) candidates who demonstrate exceptional research potential.
Value and duration
The UTS IRS only covers the tuition fees for a period of two years for a Research Masters degree or three years for a Research Doctorate degree. The UTS IRS is not transferable to another institution. The mandatory cost of a standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is not covered by the UTS IRS.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the UTS IRS, a student must:
- be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003 (Cth); and
- purchase and maintain a standard OSHC policy approved by the Commonwealth government Department of Health and Ageing; and
- be commencing full-time enrolment in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at UTS;
- be undertaking study in a subject area identified by the University as one of its areas of research concentration; and
- not hold a research qualification regarded by the University to be equivalent to an Australian research doctorate degree or, if undertaking a research master's degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the provider to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian research master's degree; and
- not have held an Australian Agency for International Development scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the UTS IRS; and
- not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution; and
- not previously have received a UTS IRS for a research doctorate degree, unless converting to a research master's degree; and
- not previously have received an UTS IRS for a research master's degree, unless: ii) that degree was completed and the student is immediately undertaking a research doctorate degree; or ii) the student has converted their HDR under paragraph 3.25.15 of the Commonwealth Scholarships Guidelines (Research) 2010
Applications for this scholarship have currently closed. Further details on how to apply will be made available here during the application period.
Opening date: 01/05/2012
Closing date: 20/08/2012
For further information contact
UTS: Graduate Research School
Phone: +61 2 9514 1694
Back to list
Ph D Students, Physics And Chemistry Of Extreme Uv Multilayer Optics, University of Twente (UT), Netherlands, 26 days ago
Job posted by AcademicTransfer (22/11/2014 02.01) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researc...
Ph D Studentship Synthetic Inorganic Chemistry, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
ReferenceSCI1418Closing DateSaturday, 28th February 2015DepartmentSynthetic Inorganic Chemistry Applications are invited for a fully-funded postgraduate studentship to work on synthetic organometa...
Ph D Position: Atlass Project (Msm Group), Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 15 days ago
Job posted by AcademicTransfer (03/12/2014 02.45) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researc...
Ph D Position: Design Of Large Area Printed Electronics (Atlass Project) (V36.2127), Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, 17 days ago
Departments Department of Electrical Engineering Job description Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e, www.tue.nl) is a world-leading research university specializing in engineering science & ...
Postgraduate Coursework Equity Scholarship Pgce1004, University of New South Wales, Australia, 15 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Postgraduate students Opens 03/12/2014 Closing Date 13/01/2015 For commencement Semester 1 2015 Value $13,000 10 Scholarship(s) available For Duration of program (mi...
Unsw High Achievers Scholarship Ugce1177, University of New South Wales, Australia, 3 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers Opens 15/12/2014 Closing Date 10/01/2015 For commencement Semester 1 2015 Value $5,000 5 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year Residency Aus Citizen...