The Western Australian/Hyogo Prefecture Japanese Studies Scholarships, University Of Western Australia (Uwa)
- The Western Australian/Hyogo Prefecture Japanese Studies Scholarships
- The Department of Education Services administers two Western Australian Government scholarships:
- The Western Australian Japanese Studies Scholarship; and
- The Western Australian/Hyogo Prefecture Japanese Studies Scholarship.
These most prestigious and well-funded scholarships are awarded annually and the winners are expected to study in Japan in the following academic year which commences in April. The scholarships have been sponsored by the Western Australian Government since 1972.
The scholarships aim to provide promising students or graduates, who have a knowledge of the Japanese language, with the opportunity to study at a university in Japan. The scholarships may be used to progress relevant undergraduate or postgraduate studies including appropriate research that forms part of a postgraduate degree in which the student is or will be formally enrolled at one of the Western Australian public universities.
- Payment type
- Living Allowance plus Airfares
- Value unit
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement, Other (see conditions)
- See Conditions.
- Demonstrate sufficient proficiency in the Japanese language to enable them to effectively carry out a study program in Japan.
- Applicants should ensure they are available to attend a Japanese language proficiency test.
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- Overseas Institution
- Currently available
- Application status
View or Apply