- Sleep Recovery Program for People with Mental Health Issues Top Up Scholarship
- One top-up PhD studentship is available on a competitive basis to a suitable candidate to develop, lead, and evaluate a new sleep intervention program for people with mental health problems. Almost all individuals with psychiatric illness experience chronic sleep problems such as insomnia. Sleep education and behavioural management techniques can lead to significant improvements and are recommended in the treatment of insomnia. However, little information exists regarding the efficacy of such treatments, and the most effective mode of delivery, for persons with mental illness.
- The first objective of this project is to develop a sleep recovery program specifically for sleep problems experienced by persons with severe mental illness. The second objective is to assess the effectiveness of peer-support for delivering the sleep intervention. Peer support refers to someone with a personally-lived experience of mental illness and who is able to work with others to help with their recovery. A substantial part of this project will involve managing a peer-support team to deliver the sleep intervention, and evaluate the program for improvements in sleep knowledge and quality.
- The project would be suitable for a candidate enrolled in a PhD. The successful applicant will be enrolled through the School of Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, at the University of Western Australia. The top-up studentship will be funded by the Dept. of Neurophysiology, North Metro Health Service. Supervisors will include Associate Professor Flavie Waters (UWA/CCRN/CRC), Prof Daniel Rock (North-Metro Health Service, Dept of Neurophysiology) and Dr Melissa Ree (Marian Center).
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- Available to Candidate who has an Australian Postgraduate Award or equivalent.
- Interested candidates must also express interest and send their CV to Associate professor Flavie Waters at the Centre for Clinical Research in Neuropsychiatry, Flavie.Waters@health.wa.gov.au
- Please see conditions:
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Medicine and Pharmacology, Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, Psychology, Anatomy and Human Biology, Medicine, Neuroscience, Public Health, Anatomy, Physiology and Human Biology
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Postdoctoral Scholar Department Of Genetics And Genome Sciences, Posted 05/05/15, Case Western Reserve University, United States, 24 days ago
Postdoctoral Scholar - Department of Genetics and Genome Sciences, posted 05/05/15 Multiple bioinformatician positions at any level (scientist, postdoc, graduate/undergraduate students) are availa...
Postdoctoral Research Scientist In Sleep Neurobiology, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, about 20 hours ago
This exciting opportunity has arisen from Wellcome Trust Senior Investigator Award funding awarded to Professor Russell Foster entitled “The melanopsin signalling pathway in ocular, circadian and ...
Postdoctoral Research Assistant In Behavioural Tracing, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, about 20 hours ago
The Sleep and Circadian Neuroscience Institute SCNi is partnering with the Centre for Time Use Research (CTUR), at the University’s Department of Sociology. The CTUR is undertaking a new programme...
Research Fellow Grade 2 (Statistics), University of Melbourne, Australia, 10 days ago
Phoenix Australia Centre for Posttraumatic Mental Health Department of Psychiatry Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences Salary: $92,654 - $110,022 p.a. plus 9.5% superannuation Phoeni...
Hs Research Tech 1, University of New Mexico, United States, 15 days ago
Posting Number: 0830067 Position Title: HS Research Tech 1 Appointment Type: Definition Staff - Term: Full Time Working Title (if applicable): HS Research Tech 1 Department Psych Community Behavio...
Research Scholar, The University of Queensland, Australia, 25 days ago
PhD position in Sugarcane nematode research Queensland Alliance for Agriculture & Food Innovation The Queensland Alliance for Agriculture and Food Innovation (QAAFI) is a unique research institute...