- Sleep Recovery Program for People with Mental Health Issues Top Up Scholarship
- One top-up PhD studentship is available on a competitive basis to a suitable candidate to develop, lead, and evaluate a new sleep intervention program for people with mental health problems. Almost all individuals with psychiatric illness experience chronic sleep problems such as insomnia. Sleep education and behavioural management techniques can lead to significant improvements and are recommended in the treatment of insomnia. However, little information exists regarding the efficacy of such treatments, and the most effective mode of delivery, for persons with mental illness.
- The first objective of this project is to develop a sleep recovery program specifically for sleep problems experienced by persons with severe mental illness. The second objective is to assess the effectiveness of peer-support for delivering the sleep intervention. Peer support refers to someone with a personally-lived experience of mental illness and who is able to work with others to help with their recovery. A substantial part of this project will involve managing a peer-support team to deliver the sleep intervention, and evaluate the program for improvements in sleep knowledge and quality.
- The project would be suitable for a candidate enrolled in a PhD. The successful applicant will be enrolled through the School of Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, at the University of Western Australia. The top-up studentship will be funded by the Dept. of Neurophysiology, North Metro Health Service. Supervisors will include Associate Professor Flavie Waters (UWA/CCRN/CRC), Prof Daniel Rock (North-Metro Health Service, Dept of Neurophysiology) and Dr Melissa Ree (Marian Center).
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- Available to Candidate who has an Australian Postgraduate Award or equivalent.
- Interested candidates must also express interest and send their CV to Associate professor Flavie Waters at the Centre for Clinical Research in Neuropsychiatry, Flavie.Waters@health.wa.gov.au
- Please see conditions:
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Medicine and Pharmacology, Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, Psychology, Anatomy and Human Biology, Medicine, Neuroscience, Public Health, Anatomy, Physiology and Human Biology
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Post Doc Fellow Im Pulmonary Medicine, University of Cincinnati, United States, 7 days ago
POST DOCTORAL FELLOW Department of Internal Medicine Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine University of Cincinnati, College of Medicine The University of Cincinnati is a premier...
Job: Atsu Application Coordinator, A.T. Still University, United States, 11 days ago
View On Map Pay: from $13.15/hour Vacation and Paid Time Off of 10 days of vacation annually. Paid Holidays. Medical Leave ATSU grants up to 10 days per calendar year for illness of short or tempo...
Postdoctoral Research Scientist In Muscle Biology, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
Applications are sought for a full-time Postdoctoral Research Scientist to be based in the Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics, Oxford. The successful applicant will join a highly activ...
Staff Nurse I (Home Therapies Nurse) Dialysis (Job Id #82065), University of Illinois, United States, 12 days ago
A. Direct Patient Care • Provides patient care to CAPD/CCPD and Home Hemodialysis patients in the Home Therapies program. Documents care given in the patient’s record and maintains a current reco...
Body Mr Imaging Fellowship (2018 2019), Emory University, United States, 10 days ago
Job Description Body MRI The Department of Radiology, Emory University School of Medicine offers a one-year clinical and translational research fellowship in Body MR Imaging. The Body MRI Program ...
Post Doctoral Fellow, Emory University, United States, about 15 hours ago
Job Description JOB DESCRIPTION: Helps design and conduct research within a specified field while receiving advanced training from a designated Principal Investigator to enhance professional skil...