- Sleep Recovery Program for People with Mental Health Issues Top Up Scholarship
- One top-up PhD studentship is available on a competitive basis to a suitable candidate to develop, lead, and evaluate a new sleep intervention program for people with mental health problems. Almost all individuals with psychiatric illness experience chronic sleep problems such as insomnia. Sleep education and behavioural management techniques can lead to significant improvements and are recommended in the treatment of insomnia. However, little information exists regarding the efficacy of such treatments, and the most effective mode of delivery, for persons with mental illness.
- The first objective of this project is to develop a sleep recovery program specifically for sleep problems experienced by persons with severe mental illness. The second objective is to assess the effectiveness of peer-support for delivering the sleep intervention. Peer support refers to someone with a personally-lived experience of mental illness and who is able to work with others to help with their recovery. A substantial part of this project will involve managing a peer-support team to deliver the sleep intervention, and evaluate the program for improvements in sleep knowledge and quality.
- The project would be suitable for a candidate enrolled in a PhD. The successful applicant will be enrolled through the School of Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, at the University of Western Australia. The top-up studentship will be funded by the Dept. of Neurophysiology, North Metro Health Service. Supervisors will include Associate Professor Flavie Waters (UWA/CCRN/CRC), Prof Daniel Rock (North-Metro Health Service, Dept of Neurophysiology) and Dr Melissa Ree (Marian Center).
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- Available to Candidate who has an Australian Postgraduate Award or equivalent.
- Interested candidates must also express interest and send their CV to Associate professor Flavie Waters at the Centre for Clinical Research in Neuropsychiatry, Flavie.Waters@health.wa.gov.au
- Please see conditions:
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Medicine and Pharmacology, Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, Psychology, Anatomy and Human Biology, Medicine, Neuroscience, Public Health, Anatomy, Physiology and Human Biology
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Postdoctoral Research Scientist, Columbia University, United States, 29 days ago
Requisition Number: 0006312 Field(s) of Specialization: Behavioral Cardiology Position Title: Postdoctoral Research Scientist Department: 7518- MED Medicine Department Number: 7518 Location: Medic...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow Epilepsy View , Creighton University, United States, 15 days ago
Why Creighton? Centered in the heart of downtown Omaha, NE, Creighton's campus spans over 130 acres and employs over 2250 part-time and full-time benefit eligible employees making it one of the la...
Faculty Open Rank (Job Id #60846), University of Illinois, United States, 2 days ago
The Department of Pediatrics at the University of Illinois at Chicago is currently seeking clinical and research faculty in the following pediatric subspecialties: Allergy / Immunology / Pulmonary...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow In Information Systems/Data Analytics, The University of Queensland, Australia, 12 days ago
The School of Information Technology & Electrical Engineering The School of Information Technology & Electrical Engineering (ITEE), located on the St Lucia Campus, is a large School that enrols mo...
Future Research Leaders, Bishop Grosseteste University, United Kingdom, 22 days ago
Fellowship posted by Bishop Grosseteste University (15/01/2016 11.13) Future Research Leaders Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Excell...
2 Pdeng Positions: Vortex Chamber Spray Dryer, University of Twente (UT), Netherlands, 14 days ago
Job posted by AcademicTransfer (23/01/2016 00.30) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researc...