- Sleep Recovery Program for People with Mental Health Issues Top Up Scholarship
- One top-up PhD studentship is available on a competitive basis to a suitable candidate to develop, lead, and evaluate a new sleep intervention program for people with mental health problems. Almost all individuals with psychiatric illness experience chronic sleep problems such as insomnia. Sleep education and behavioural management techniques can lead to significant improvements and are recommended in the treatment of insomnia. However, little information exists regarding the efficacy of such treatments, and the most effective mode of delivery, for persons with mental illness.
- The first objective of this project is to develop a sleep recovery program specifically for sleep problems experienced by persons with severe mental illness. The second objective is to assess the effectiveness of peer-support for delivering the sleep intervention. Peer support refers to someone with a personally-lived experience of mental illness and who is able to work with others to help with their recovery. A substantial part of this project will involve managing a peer-support team to deliver the sleep intervention, and evaluate the program for improvements in sleep knowledge and quality.
- The project would be suitable for a candidate enrolled in a PhD. The successful applicant will be enrolled through the School of Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, at the University of Western Australia. The top-up studentship will be funded by the Dept. of Neurophysiology, North Metro Health Service. Supervisors will include Associate Professor Flavie Waters (UWA/CCRN/CRC), Prof Daniel Rock (North-Metro Health Service, Dept of Neurophysiology) and Dr Melissa Ree (Marian Center).
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- Available to Candidate who has an Australian Postgraduate Award or equivalent.
- Interested candidates must also express interest and send their CV to Associate professor Flavie Waters at the Centre for Clinical Research in Neuropsychiatry, Flavie.Waters@health.wa.gov.au
- Please see conditions:
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Medicine and Pharmacology, Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, Psychology, Anatomy and Human Biology, Medicine, Neuroscience, Public Health, Anatomy, Physiology and Human Biology
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Postdoctoral Research Fellow/Research Fellow, The University of Queensland, Australia, 15 days ago
Apply now Job no:497800 Area:Queensland Brain Institute Salary (FTE):Advertised at multiple classifications Work type:Full Time - Fixed Term Location: St Lucia Queensland Brain institute Establish...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow / Research Fellow, The University of Queensland, Australia, 2 days ago
Apply now Job no:497846 Area:Faculty Of Engineering, Architecture & Info Tech Salary (FTE):Advertised at multiple classifications Work type:Full Time - Fixed Term Location: St Lucia, Brisbane The ...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, The University of Queensland, Australia, 26 days ago
Apply now Job no:497744 Area:Queensland Brain Institute Salary (FTE):Academic Research Level A4 ($76,864.74 - $82,510.25) Work type:Full Time - Fixed Term Location: St Lucia, Brisbane Established ...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Cognitive Neuroscience With Focus On Psychosis And/Or Placebo, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 5 days ago
The Department of Clinical Neuroscience (CNS) conducts research and education in the field of neuroscience from the molecular level to the society level. The clinical research and education is con...
Research Fellow, Griffith University, Australia, 11 days ago
Reference: 502631 Element: Centre for Musculoskeletal Research Work type: Fixed term (Two years) Overview: The Centre for Musculoskeletal Research (CMR) is a leader within the Australian biomechan...
Research Fellow (Internal Applicants Only), The University of Queensland, Australia, 29 days ago
The School of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering The School of Information Technology & Electrical Engineering (ITEE), located on the St Lucia Campus, is a large School that enrols ...