- Sleep Recovery Program for People with Mental Health Issues Top Up Scholarship
- One top-up PhD studentship is available on a competitive basis to a suitable candidate to develop, lead, and evaluate a new sleep intervention program for people with mental health problems. Almost all individuals with psychiatric illness experience chronic sleep problems such as insomnia. Sleep education and behavioural management techniques can lead to significant improvements and are recommended in the treatment of insomnia. However, little information exists regarding the efficacy of such treatments, and the most effective mode of delivery, for persons with mental illness.
- The first objective of this project is to develop a sleep recovery program specifically for sleep problems experienced by persons with severe mental illness. The second objective is to assess the effectiveness of peer-support for delivering the sleep intervention. Peer support refers to someone with a personally-lived experience of mental illness and who is able to work with others to help with their recovery. A substantial part of this project will involve managing a peer-support team to deliver the sleep intervention, and evaluate the program for improvements in sleep knowledge and quality.
- The project would be suitable for a candidate enrolled in a PhD. The successful applicant will be enrolled through the School of Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, at the University of Western Australia. The top-up studentship will be funded by the Dept. of Neurophysiology, North Metro Health Service. Supervisors will include Associate Professor Flavie Waters (UWA/CCRN/CRC), Prof Daniel Rock (North-Metro Health Service, Dept of Neurophysiology) and Dr Melissa Ree (Marian Center).
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- Available to Candidate who has an Australian Postgraduate Award or equivalent.
- Interested candidates must also express interest and send their CV to Associate professor Flavie Waters at the Centre for Clinical Research in Neuropsychiatry, Flavie.Waters@health.wa.gov.au
- Please see conditions:
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Medicine and Pharmacology, Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, Psychology, Anatomy and Human Biology, Medicine, Neuroscience, Public Health, Anatomy, Physiology and Human Biology
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Post Doctoral Associate, University of Massachusetts Medical School, United States, 23 days ago
The Department of Neurobiology comprises a group of outstanding faculty with a focus on the genetic and molecular mechanisms of brain function. The Department of Neurobiology serves as the adminis...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Sleep And Cognitive Functioning, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, about 10 hours ago
The Department of Clinical Neuroscience (CNS) conducts research and education in the field of neuroscience from the molecular level to the society level. The clinical research and education is con...
Postdoctoral Researcher In The Regulation Of Circadian Rhythms, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, 26 days ago
Funded by a Wellcome Trust Senior Investigator Award to Professor Foster, an opportunity has arisen for a talented postdoctoral researcher to join the team, reporting to Dr Aarti Jagannath and Pro...
] Physicist Postdoc Dark Matter, , United States, 16 days ago
Position Summary: Berkeley Lab’s Physics Division has an opening for a Postdoctoral Fellow in Experimental Particle Physics. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work on LUX-ZEPLI...
Research Scholar, The University of Queensland, Australia, about 1 month ago
Apply now Job no:499720 Area:Institute for Molecular Bioscience Salary (FTE):Research Scholar BAND Work type:Full Time - Fixed Term, Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia, Brisbane The Univer...
Chaplain Pastoral Care Part Time Day Shift (Job Id #73007), University of Illinois, United States, 21 days ago
Essential Responsibilities : Provide pastoral ministry (in a timely manner) to a variety of individuals taking into consideration multiple elements of cultural and ethnic diversity and social cond...