- Sleep Recovery Program for People with Mental Health Issues Top Up Scholarship
- One top-up PhD studentship is available on a competitive basis to a suitable candidate to develop, lead, and evaluate a new sleep intervention program for people with mental health problems. Almost all individuals with psychiatric illness experience chronic sleep problems such as insomnia. Sleep education and behavioural management techniques can lead to significant improvements and are recommended in the treatment of insomnia. However, little information exists regarding the efficacy of such treatments, and the most effective mode of delivery, for persons with mental illness.
- The first objective of this project is to develop a sleep recovery program specifically for sleep problems experienced by persons with severe mental illness. The second objective is to assess the effectiveness of peer-support for delivering the sleep intervention. Peer support refers to someone with a personally-lived experience of mental illness and who is able to work with others to help with their recovery. A substantial part of this project will involve managing a peer-support team to deliver the sleep intervention, and evaluate the program for improvements in sleep knowledge and quality.
- The project would be suitable for a candidate enrolled in a PhD. The successful applicant will be enrolled through the School of Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, at the University of Western Australia. The top-up studentship will be funded by the Dept. of Neurophysiology, North Metro Health Service. Supervisors will include Associate Professor Flavie Waters (UWA/CCRN/CRC), Prof Daniel Rock (North-Metro Health Service, Dept of Neurophysiology) and Dr Melissa Ree (Marian Center).
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- Available to Candidate who has an Australian Postgraduate Award or equivalent.
- Interested candidates must also express interest and send their CV to Associate professor Flavie Waters at the Centre for Clinical Research in Neuropsychiatry, Flavie.Waters@health.wa.gov.au
- Please see conditions:
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Medicine and Pharmacology, Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, Psychology, Anatomy and Human Biology, Medicine, Neuroscience, Public Health, Anatomy, Physiology and Human Biology
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Senior Clinical Research Fellow In Orthopaedics, The University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom, 29 days ago
PARTICULARS OF APPOINTMENT Details of NHS activities of posts The successful applicants will work closely with the other orthopaedic and trauma surgeons to provide full outpatient and in-patient c...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow/Research Fellow, The University of Queensland, Australia, 16 days ago
The School of Information Technology& Electrical Engineering (ITEE) The School of Information Technology & Electrical Engineering (ITEE), located on the St Lucia Campus, is a large School that enr...
Part Time (80%) Post Doctoral Assistant, Ghent University, Netherlands, 21 days ago
For the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, we are looking for a 80% post-doctoral assistant within the Department of Pediatrics and Medical Genetics within the research field of psychologica...
Research Scholar, The University of Queensland, Australia, 3 days ago
Apply now Job no:497726 Area:Faculty of Science Salary (FTE):Research Scholar BAND Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia The School of Agriculture and Food Sciences is one of the la...
Research Fellow, University of Michigan, United States, 11 days ago
Job Detail RESEARCH FELLOW Job Summary A postdoctoral position is available for a highly motivated neurophysiologist in the Department of Anesthesiology. The postdoctoral fellow will join a large ...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Mnd, Macquarie University, Australia, 12 days ago
Apply now Job no:496026 Work type:Fixed term full time Vacancy type:Internal Vacancy, External Vacancy Categories:Academic - Research Only / Fellowship Research, fixed term, full time role Excelle...