- Sleep Recovery Program for People with Mental Health Issues Top Up Scholarship
- One top-up PhD studentship is available on a competitive basis to a suitable candidate to develop, lead, and evaluate a new sleep intervention program for people with mental health problems. Almost all individuals with psychiatric illness experience chronic sleep problems such as insomnia. Sleep education and behavioural management techniques can lead to significant improvements and are recommended in the treatment of insomnia. However, little information exists regarding the efficacy of such treatments, and the most effective mode of delivery, for persons with mental illness.
- The first objective of this project is to develop a sleep recovery program specifically for sleep problems experienced by persons with severe mental illness. The second objective is to assess the effectiveness of peer-support for delivering the sleep intervention. Peer support refers to someone with a personally-lived experience of mental illness and who is able to work with others to help with their recovery. A substantial part of this project will involve managing a peer-support team to deliver the sleep intervention, and evaluate the program for improvements in sleep knowledge and quality.
- The project would be suitable for a candidate enrolled in a PhD. The successful applicant will be enrolled through the School of Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, at the University of Western Australia. The top-up studentship will be funded by the Dept. of Neurophysiology, North Metro Health Service. Supervisors will include Associate Professor Flavie Waters (UWA/CCRN/CRC), Prof Daniel Rock (North-Metro Health Service, Dept of Neurophysiology) and Dr Melissa Ree (Marian Center).
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- Available to Candidate who has an Australian Postgraduate Award or equivalent.
- Interested candidates must also express interest and send their CV to Associate professor Flavie Waters at the Centre for Clinical Research in Neuropsychiatry, Flavie.Waters@health.wa.gov.au
- Please see conditions:
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Medicine and Pharmacology, Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, Psychology, Anatomy and Human Biology, Medicine, Neuroscience, Public Health, Anatomy, Physiology and Human Biology
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Research Fellow, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom, 21 days ago
Job posted by Global Academy Jobs (06/07/2016 01.31) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Rese...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, The University of Queensland, Australia, 8 days ago
School of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering The School of Information Technology & Electrical Engineering (ITEE), located on the St Lucia Campus, is a large School that enrols more...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow In Social Computing, The University of Queensland, Australia, 9 days ago
Apply now Job no:499283 Area:Institute for Social Science Research Salary (FTE):Academic Research Level A1 ($62,653.88 - $84,985.56) Work type:Full Time - Fixed Term Location: Brisbane Institute f...
Post Doctoral Associate Dept Of Medicine / Pulmonary, University of Miami, United States, 6 days ago
The University of Miami is considered among the top tier institutions of higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we ar...
Postdoc In Tele And Internet Psychiatry, Syddansk University, Netherlands, 13 days ago
A full-time, 2-year postdoc position in tele- and internet psychiatry is vacant at the Research Unit of Telepsychiatry , Department of Clinical Research , University of Southern Denmark. The Centr...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, The University of Queensland, Australia, 9 days ago
Queensland Brain Institute Established in 2003, QBI (www.qbi.uq.edu.au ) is housed on the St Lucia campus of UQ. It is home to more than 400 staff, including 36 group leaders, working across a ran...