- Sleep Recovery Program for People with Mental Health Issues Top Up Scholarship
- One top-up PhD studentship is available on a competitive basis to a suitable candidate to develop, lead, and evaluate a new sleep intervention program for people with mental health problems. Almost all individuals with psychiatric illness experience chronic sleep problems such as insomnia. Sleep education and behavioural management techniques can lead to significant improvements and are recommended in the treatment of insomnia. However, little information exists regarding the efficacy of such treatments, and the most effective mode of delivery, for persons with mental illness.
- The first objective of this project is to develop a sleep recovery program specifically for sleep problems experienced by persons with severe mental illness. The second objective is to assess the effectiveness of peer-support for delivering the sleep intervention. Peer support refers to someone with a personally-lived experience of mental illness and who is able to work with others to help with their recovery. A substantial part of this project will involve managing a peer-support team to deliver the sleep intervention, and evaluate the program for improvements in sleep knowledge and quality.
- The project would be suitable for a candidate enrolled in a PhD. The successful applicant will be enrolled through the School of Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, at the University of Western Australia. The top-up studentship will be funded by the Dept. of Neurophysiology, North Metro Health Service. Supervisors will include Associate Professor Flavie Waters (UWA/CCRN/CRC), Prof Daniel Rock (North-Metro Health Service, Dept of Neurophysiology) and Dr Melissa Ree (Marian Center).
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- Available to Candidate who has an Australian Postgraduate Award or equivalent.
- Interested candidates must also express interest and send their CV to Associate professor Flavie Waters at the Centre for Clinical Research in Neuropsychiatry, Flavie.Waters@health.wa.gov.au
- Please see conditions:
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Medicine and Pharmacology, Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, Psychology, Anatomy and Human Biology, Medicine, Neuroscience, Public Health, Anatomy, Physiology and Human Biology
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Sr Professional Research Asst, University of Colorado, United States, 17 days ago
Sr Professional Research Asst - 08178 Research Faculty Description Job Description Behavioral Interventionist Part-time with the opportunity for full-time with pending grant function. Description ...
Postdoctoral Scholar, The University of Iowa, United States, 22 minutes ago
POSTDOCTORAL SCHOLAR Requisition # 2726 Position Basics Advertising Ends on:Extended Until Position is Filled Advertising Started on:Wednesday, February 1st, 2017 College:College of Liberal Arts &...
Early Stage Researchers (Five Posts), University of London, United Kingdom, 16 minutes ago
The Centre for Brain and Cognitive Development (Birkbeck, University of London) has 5 PhD positions to offer on particular developmental topics (see below). These are part of a Marie Curie Europea...
Job: Ashs Curriculum Coordinator, A.T. Still University, United States, about 19 hours ago
View On Map Pay: from $16.96/hour Vacation and Paid Time Off of 10 days of vacation annually. Paid Holidays. Medical Leave ATSU grants up to 10 days per calendar year for illness of short or tempo...
University Research Fellow/University Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Adelaide, Australia, 18 days ago
Prestigious international university Wide range of employee benefits Electrospray Mass Spectrometry Project The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intens...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow/Research Fellow, The University of Queensland, Australia, 18 days ago
Queensland Brain Institute Established in 2003, QBI (www.qbi.uq.edu.au ) is housed on the St Lucia campus of UQ. It is home to more than 450 staff, including 41 group leaders, working across a ran...