- Sleep Recovery Program for People with Mental Health Issues Top Up Scholarship
- One top-up PhD studentship is available on a competitive basis to a suitable candidate to develop, lead, and evaluate a new sleep intervention program for people with mental health problems. Almost all individuals with psychiatric illness experience chronic sleep problems such as insomnia. Sleep education and behavioural management techniques can lead to significant improvements and are recommended in the treatment of insomnia. However, little information exists regarding the efficacy of such treatments, and the most effective mode of delivery, for persons with mental illness.
- The first objective of this project is to develop a sleep recovery program specifically for sleep problems experienced by persons with severe mental illness. The second objective is to assess the effectiveness of peer-support for delivering the sleep intervention. Peer support refers to someone with a personally-lived experience of mental illness and who is able to work with others to help with their recovery. A substantial part of this project will involve managing a peer-support team to deliver the sleep intervention, and evaluate the program for improvements in sleep knowledge and quality.
- The project would be suitable for a candidate enrolled in a PhD. The successful applicant will be enrolled through the School of Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, at the University of Western Australia. The top-up studentship will be funded by the Dept. of Neurophysiology, North Metro Health Service. Supervisors will include Associate Professor Flavie Waters (UWA/CCRN/CRC), Prof Daniel Rock (North-Metro Health Service, Dept of Neurophysiology) and Dr Melissa Ree (Marian Center).
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- Available to Candidate who has an Australian Postgraduate Award or equivalent.
- Interested candidates must also express interest and send their CV to Associate professor Flavie Waters at the Centre for Clinical Research in Neuropsychiatry, Flavie.Waters@health.wa.gov.au
- Please see conditions:
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Medicine and Pharmacology, Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, Psychology, Anatomy and Human Biology, Medicine, Neuroscience, Public Health, Anatomy, Physiology and Human Biology
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Translational Research Postdoctoral Fellow, University of New South Wales, Australia, 30 days ago
The Black Dog Institute is a large collaborative research institute at the University of NSW. The Institute provides community education programs and professional development programs and incorpor...
Research Fellow (Sleep, Circadian Rhythms & Cardiovascular Health Across Ethnicities), University of Surrey, United Kingdom, 24 days ago
View All Vacancies School of Biosciences & Medicine Location: Guildford Salary: £30,434 to £32,277 per annum Post Type: Full Time Closing Date: Wednesday 29 April 2015 Interview Date: Wednesday...
Alcohol And Other Drug Post Doctoral Counselor, University of Oregon, United States, 11 days ago
Revised: Application Date The University of Oregon Counseling and Testing Center (UCTC) invites applications for 1 Alcohol and Other Drug Post-Doctoral Counselor. This position is a twelve month ...
Post Doctoral Fellow In Neurodegenerative Diseases Internal Only, The University of Queensland, Australia, 25 days ago
Apply now Job no:497233 Area:Faculty of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences Salary (FTE):Academic Research Level B1 ($86,853.37 - $103,138.09) Work type:Part Time - Fixed Term Location: St Lucia, Bri...
Research Fellow Mharg Group, University of York, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
Department Health Sciences Based at University of York - Heslington Campus Contract status Fixed term Salary £30,434 to £37,394 a year The Mental Health and Addiction Research Group within the Dep...
Asst Professor Term (Job Id: 31265), University of Louisville, United States, 24 days ago
Job ID: 31265 Location: Peds-Child Psychiatry Equal Employment Opportunity The University of Louisville is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity, Americans with Disabilities Employer, committ...