- Sleep Recovery Program for People with Mental Health Issues Top Up Scholarship
- One top-up PhD studentship is available on a competitive basis to a suitable candidate to develop, lead, and evaluate a new sleep intervention program for people with mental health problems. Almost all individuals with psychiatric illness experience chronic sleep problems such as insomnia. Sleep education and behavioural management techniques can lead to significant improvements and are recommended in the treatment of insomnia. However, little information exists regarding the efficacy of such treatments, and the most effective mode of delivery, for persons with mental illness.
- The first objective of this project is to develop a sleep recovery program specifically for sleep problems experienced by persons with severe mental illness. The second objective is to assess the effectiveness of peer-support for delivering the sleep intervention. Peer support refers to someone with a personally-lived experience of mental illness and who is able to work with others to help with their recovery. A substantial part of this project will involve managing a peer-support team to deliver the sleep intervention, and evaluate the program for improvements in sleep knowledge and quality.
- The project would be suitable for a candidate enrolled in a PhD. The successful applicant will be enrolled through the School of Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, at the University of Western Australia. The top-up studentship will be funded by the Dept. of Neurophysiology, North Metro Health Service. Supervisors will include Associate Professor Flavie Waters (UWA/CCRN/CRC), Prof Daniel Rock (North-Metro Health Service, Dept of Neurophysiology) and Dr Melissa Ree (Marian Center).
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- Available to Candidate who has an Australian Postgraduate Award or equivalent.
- Interested candidates must also express interest and send their CV to Associate professor Flavie Waters at the Centre for Clinical Research in Neuropsychiatry, Flavie.Waters@health.wa.gov.au
- Please see conditions:
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Medicine and Pharmacology, Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, Psychology, Anatomy and Human Biology, Medicine, Neuroscience, Public Health, Anatomy, Physiology and Human Biology
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Tech Research Lab B, University of Pennsylvania, United States, 26 days ago
Posting Details Reference Number 40-19461 Posted Job Title TECH RESEARCH LAB B School Name Perelman School of Medicine Org PS-Unit for Experimental Psychiatry Posted to the Web 03/03/2015 Posted J...
Research Scholar, The University of Queensland, Australia, 6 days ago
Apply now Job no:497222 Area:Faculty of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences Salary (FTE):Research Scholar BAND Work type:Full Time - Fixed Term, Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia, Brisbane T...
Clinical Doctoral Research Fellowship: Optimising Recovery For Women Who Have Had Cancer: Exploring The Benefits Of Peer Coaching To Enhance Self Confidence. (Hs106), The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, 29 days ago
Centre for Innovation & Leadership in Health Sciences Location: Highfield Campus Closing Date: Sunday 12 April 2015 Interview Date: Reference: 529015BN Train to be a future pioneer in cancer care ...
Translational Research Postdoctoral Fellow, University of New South Wales, Australia, 2 days ago
The Black Dog Institute is a large collaborative research institute at the University of NSW. The Institute provides community education programs and professional development programs and incorpor...
Post Doctoral Research Worker (Statistical Geneticist And Bioinformatician), King's College London, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
King's College London's Home » Post Doctoral Research Worker (Statistical Geneticist and Bioinformatician) Post Doctoral Research Worker (Statistical Geneticist and Bioinformatician) Reference: TH...
Research Fellow In Developing Energy Harvesting For Wearable Textiles, Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom, 10 days ago
This is a fixed term contract for up to 24 months subject to external funding and/or project completion A full-time Research Fellow is required for two years to join the Advanced Textiles Research...