- Sleep Recovery Program for People with Mental Health Issues Top Up Scholarship
- One top-up PhD studentship is available on a competitive basis to a suitable candidate to develop, lead, and evaluate a new sleep intervention program for people with mental health problems. Almost all individuals with psychiatric illness experience chronic sleep problems such as insomnia. Sleep education and behavioural management techniques can lead to significant improvements and are recommended in the treatment of insomnia. However, little information exists regarding the efficacy of such treatments, and the most effective mode of delivery, for persons with mental illness.
- The first objective of this project is to develop a sleep recovery program specifically for sleep problems experienced by persons with severe mental illness. The second objective is to assess the effectiveness of peer-support for delivering the sleep intervention. Peer support refers to someone with a personally-lived experience of mental illness and who is able to work with others to help with their recovery. A substantial part of this project will involve managing a peer-support team to deliver the sleep intervention, and evaluate the program for improvements in sleep knowledge and quality.
- The project would be suitable for a candidate enrolled in a PhD. The successful applicant will be enrolled through the School of Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, at the University of Western Australia. The top-up studentship will be funded by the Dept. of Neurophysiology, North Metro Health Service. Supervisors will include Associate Professor Flavie Waters (UWA/CCRN/CRC), Prof Daniel Rock (North-Metro Health Service, Dept of Neurophysiology) and Dr Melissa Ree (Marian Center).
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- Available to Candidate who has an Australian Postgraduate Award or equivalent.
- Interested candidates must also express interest and send their CV to Associate professor Flavie Waters at the Centre for Clinical Research in Neuropsychiatry, Flavie.Waters@health.wa.gov.au
- Please see conditions:
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Medicine and Pharmacology, Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, Psychology, Anatomy and Human Biology, Medicine, Neuroscience, Public Health, Anatomy, Physiology and Human Biology
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Staff Research Assoc Ii (9612) #20801, University of California, United States, 8 days ago
Job Description Job Title: Staff Research Assoc II (9612) - #20801 Job ID: 20801 Location: Main Campus-Berkeley Full/Part Time: Full-Time Department Independent Research Programs Regular/Temporary...
Research Fellow, University of York, United Kingdom, 22 days ago
Department Social Policy Research Unit Based at University of York - Heslington Campus Contract status Fixed term Salary £37,394 - £42,067 a year Applications are invited for a Research Fellow pos...
Research Scholar, The University of Queensland, Australia, 15 days ago
Apply now Job no:498211 Area:Institute for Molecular Bioscience Salary (FTE):Research Scholar BAND Work type:Full Time - Fixed Term, Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia, Brisbane The Univer...
Research Nurse, The University of Chicago, United States, 28 days ago
About the Unit The Section of Hematology/Oncology has a proud and long tradition of excellence in research-based patient care and clinical discovery. Ranked among the finest cancer programs in the...
Principal Scientist Genomics Boston, Ma Job, Merck, United States, 15 days ago
Job posted by Science Careers (11/11/2015 01.30) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Research...
#79321 Cellular Immunology Lab Staff Research Assoc. Ii, University of California, San Diego, United States, 6 days ago
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment or Special Selection: Apply by 11/23/15 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor. Eligible AC...