- Sleep Recovery Program for People with Mental Health Issues Top Up Scholarship
- One top-up PhD studentship is available on a competitive basis to a suitable candidate to develop, lead, and evaluate a new sleep intervention program for people with mental health problems. Almost all individuals with psychiatric illness experience chronic sleep problems such as insomnia. Sleep education and behavioural management techniques can lead to significant improvements and are recommended in the treatment of insomnia. However, little information exists regarding the efficacy of such treatments, and the most effective mode of delivery, for persons with mental illness.
- The first objective of this project is to develop a sleep recovery program specifically for sleep problems experienced by persons with severe mental illness. The second objective is to assess the effectiveness of peer-support for delivering the sleep intervention. Peer support refers to someone with a personally-lived experience of mental illness and who is able to work with others to help with their recovery. A substantial part of this project will involve managing a peer-support team to deliver the sleep intervention, and evaluate the program for improvements in sleep knowledge and quality.
- The project would be suitable for a candidate enrolled in a PhD. The successful applicant will be enrolled through the School of Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, at the University of Western Australia. The top-up studentship will be funded by the Dept. of Neurophysiology, North Metro Health Service. Supervisors will include Associate Professor Flavie Waters (UWA/CCRN/CRC), Prof Daniel Rock (North-Metro Health Service, Dept of Neurophysiology) and Dr Melissa Ree (Marian Center).
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- Available to Candidate who has an Australian Postgraduate Award or equivalent.
- Interested candidates must also express interest and send their CV to Associate professor Flavie Waters at the Centre for Clinical Research in Neuropsychiatry, Flavie.Waters@health.wa.gov.au
- Please see conditions:
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Medicine and Pharmacology, Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, Psychology, Anatomy and Human Biology, Medicine, Neuroscience, Public Health, Anatomy, Physiology and Human Biology
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Postdoctoral Research Scientist In Sleep Neurobiology, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
We are seeking to appoint a postdoctoral research scientist with experience in in vivo neurophysiological techniques to work within the Sleep and Circadian Neuroscience Institute (SCNi) at the Nuf...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, The University of Queensland, Australia, 13 days ago
Queensland Brain Institute Established in 2003, QBI (http://www.qbi.uq.edu.au ) is housed on the St Lucia campus of UQ. It is home to more than 450 staff and students, including 41 group leaders, ...
Postdoc Fellow, University of Colorado, United States, 13 days ago
Postdoc Fellow - 08938 Faculty Description University of Colorado School of Medicine University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus Department of Pediatrics – Section of Endocrinology Pos...
Research Associate (Post Doc), North Carolina State University, United States, 25 days ago
Vacancy Type Post Doc Is Internal Transfer Only No Time-Limited Appointment Length No If Yes, Appointment Length Working Title Research Associate (Post Doc) Anticipated Hiring Range $44,000 - $48,...
Clinical Research Fellow, King's College Hospital, United Kingdom, about 8 hours ago
The purpose of this post is to conduct Neuroimaging Clinical Research for the PHAGO study, which is a highly prestigious research programme in Alzheimer’s disease funded by the European Union. The...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow In Polymeric Imaging Agents, The University of Queensland, Australia, 11 days ago
Apply now Job no:500460 Area:Aust Institute for Bioengineering & Nanotechnology Salary (FTE):Academic Research Level A1 ($64,533.50 - $87,535.13) Work type:Full Time - Fixed Term Location: St Luci...