- Sleep Recovery Program for People with Mental Health Issues Top Up Scholarship
- One top-up PhD studentship is available on a competitive basis to a suitable candidate to develop, lead, and evaluate a new sleep intervention program for people with mental health problems. Almost all individuals with psychiatric illness experience chronic sleep problems such as insomnia. Sleep education and behavioural management techniques can lead to significant improvements and are recommended in the treatment of insomnia. However, little information exists regarding the efficacy of such treatments, and the most effective mode of delivery, for persons with mental illness.
- The first objective of this project is to develop a sleep recovery program specifically for sleep problems experienced by persons with severe mental illness. The second objective is to assess the effectiveness of peer-support for delivering the sleep intervention. Peer support refers to someone with a personally-lived experience of mental illness and who is able to work with others to help with their recovery. A substantial part of this project will involve managing a peer-support team to deliver the sleep intervention, and evaluate the program for improvements in sleep knowledge and quality.
- The project would be suitable for a candidate enrolled in a PhD. The successful applicant will be enrolled through the School of Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, at the University of Western Australia. The top-up studentship will be funded by the Dept. of Neurophysiology, North Metro Health Service. Supervisors will include Associate Professor Flavie Waters (UWA/CCRN/CRC), Prof Daniel Rock (North-Metro Health Service, Dept of Neurophysiology) and Dr Melissa Ree (Marian Center).
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- Available to Candidate who has an Australian Postgraduate Award or equivalent.
- Interested candidates must also express interest and send their CV to Associate professor Flavie Waters at the Centre for Clinical Research in Neuropsychiatry, Flavie.Waters@health.wa.gov.au
- Please see conditions:
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Medicine and Pharmacology, Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, Psychology, Anatomy and Human Biology, Medicine, Neuroscience, Public Health, Anatomy, Physiology and Human Biology
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Hourly Research Specialist (Job Id #46502), University of Illinois, United States, 18 days ago
Description: This position contributes to the design and delivery of research projects and collaborates with researchers to develop, execute and interpret research projects. Additionally, performs...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Auburn University, United States, 29 days ago
Postdoctoral Research Fellow Department of Human Development & Family Studies Auburn University Primary Responsibilities: The Child Sleep, Health, and Development Laboratory in the department of ...
1. Fpa# Fh 1335 Title: Staff Cardiologist (2 Positions), Brown University, United States, 2 days ago
1. FPA# FH-1335 Title: Staff Cardiologist (2 Positions) Location: Miriam Rank: Assistant or Associate Professor Search Chair: Douglas Burtt, MD firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com Date posted: 20...
Assoc Research Spec(T16 Fn), University of Wisconsin-Madison, United States, 26 days ago
Position Vacancy Listing Working Title:Official Title: ASSOC RESEARCH SPEC(T16FN) Degree and area of specialization: BA or BS in neuroscience or related fields required Minimum number of years and...
Two Postdoctoral Positions In Mr Pet, CERMEP - Imagerie du vivant, France, 20 days ago
Job posted by CERMEP - Imagerie du vivant (10/10/2014 13.03) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code ...
Postdoctoral Research Scientist In Optogenetics, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, 11 days ago
Applications are invited for the post of Postdoctoral Research Scientist in Optogenetics to assist the launch of a new Wellcome Trust funded programme in neural systems and circuits which requires...