- Sleep Recovery Program for People with Mental Health Issues Top Up Scholarship
- One top-up PhD studentship is available on a competitive basis to a suitable candidate to develop, lead, and evaluate a new sleep intervention program for people with mental health problems. Almost all individuals with psychiatric illness experience chronic sleep problems such as insomnia. Sleep education and behavioural management techniques can lead to significant improvements and are recommended in the treatment of insomnia. However, little information exists regarding the efficacy of such treatments, and the most effective mode of delivery, for persons with mental illness.
- The first objective of this project is to develop a sleep recovery program specifically for sleep problems experienced by persons with severe mental illness. The second objective is to assess the effectiveness of peer-support for delivering the sleep intervention. Peer support refers to someone with a personally-lived experience of mental illness and who is able to work with others to help with their recovery. A substantial part of this project will involve managing a peer-support team to deliver the sleep intervention, and evaluate the program for improvements in sleep knowledge and quality.
- The project would be suitable for a candidate enrolled in a PhD. The successful applicant will be enrolled through the School of Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, at the University of Western Australia. The top-up studentship will be funded by the Dept. of Neurophysiology, North Metro Health Service. Supervisors will include Associate Professor Flavie Waters (UWA/CCRN/CRC), Prof Daniel Rock (North-Metro Health Service, Dept of Neurophysiology) and Dr Melissa Ree (Marian Center).
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- Available to Candidate who has an Australian Postgraduate Award or equivalent.
- Interested candidates must also express interest and send their CV to Associate professor Flavie Waters at the Centre for Clinical Research in Neuropsychiatry, Flavie.Waters@health.wa.gov.au
- Please see conditions:
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Medicine and Pharmacology, Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, Psychology, Anatomy and Human Biology, Medicine, Neuroscience, Public Health, Anatomy, Physiology and Human Biology
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Post Doctoral Position In Signal Processing. Research Project In The Field Of Neurophysiology And Childhood Epilepsy, University of Angers, LARIS Laboratory, France, 5 days ago
Job posted by Université d'Angers (21/10/2016 15.43) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Rese...
Post Doc Research Associate, UNC-Chapel Hill, United States, 4 days ago
Classification Title: Post-Doc Research Associate Working Title: Post-Doc Research Associate Campus: UNC-Chapel Hill Region: Piedmont/Triangle Job Summary: Develop and lead research on the effect ...
Post Doc Research Associate, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States, 4 days ago
Posting Information Position Information Position Title Post-Doc Research Associate Vacancy ID PDS001494 Department Psychiatry - Research - 412250 Position Type Postdoctoral Scholar Posting Detail...
Four Postdoctoral Positions In Neuroscience (Glia), Center for Basic and Translational Neuroscience UCPH, Denmark, 6 days ago
Job posted by Science Careers (21/10/2016 04.00) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Research...
Research Lab Tech Ii, University of Southern California, United States, 21 days ago
Requisition ID 1007495 Position ID P01482077 Academic Title Research Lab Tech II Department Dept. of Medicine/Pulmonary Location Health Sciences Campus Employment Type Full-Time Percent of time fo...
Postdoctoral Positions In Neuroscience, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 13 days ago
Opening of 4 Postdoctoral Positions in Neuroscience Four post doc positions are available at the Center for Basic and Translational Neuroscience (CTN), University of Copenhagen. The positions are ...