- Sleep Recovery Program for People with Mental Health Issues Top Up Scholarship
- One top-up PhD studentship is available on a competitive basis to a suitable candidate to develop, lead, and evaluate a new sleep intervention program for people with mental health problems. Almost all individuals with psychiatric illness experience chronic sleep problems such as insomnia. Sleep education and behavioural management techniques can lead to significant improvements and are recommended in the treatment of insomnia. However, little information exists regarding the efficacy of such treatments, and the most effective mode of delivery, for persons with mental illness.
- The first objective of this project is to develop a sleep recovery program specifically for sleep problems experienced by persons with severe mental illness. The second objective is to assess the effectiveness of peer-support for delivering the sleep intervention. Peer support refers to someone with a personally-lived experience of mental illness and who is able to work with others to help with their recovery. A substantial part of this project will involve managing a peer-support team to deliver the sleep intervention, and evaluate the program for improvements in sleep knowledge and quality.
- The project would be suitable for a candidate enrolled in a PhD. The successful applicant will be enrolled through the School of Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, at the University of Western Australia. The top-up studentship will be funded by the Dept. of Neurophysiology, North Metro Health Service. Supervisors will include Associate Professor Flavie Waters (UWA/CCRN/CRC), Prof Daniel Rock (North-Metro Health Service, Dept of Neurophysiology) and Dr Melissa Ree (Marian Center).
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- Available to Candidate who has an Australian Postgraduate Award or equivalent.
- Interested candidates must also express interest and send their CV to Associate professor Flavie Waters at the Centre for Clinical Research in Neuropsychiatry, Flavie.Waters@health.wa.gov.au
- Please see conditions:
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Medicine and Pharmacology, Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, Psychology, Anatomy and Human Biology, Medicine, Neuroscience, Public Health, Anatomy, Physiology and Human Biology
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Hs Research Tech 1, University of New Mexico, United States, 22 days ago
Posting Number: 0828047 Position Title: HS Research Tech 1 Appointment Type: Definition Staff - Term: Full Time Working Title (if applicable): HS Research Tech 1 Department Psychiatry Administrati...
Senior Research Fellow In Behavioural Sleep Medicine, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, 9 days ago
We are seeking a full-time experienced researcher in behavioural sleep medicine, with a particular interest in sleep and psychiatric disorder. The successful candidate will be working as part of t...
Postdoctoral Associate, University of Minnesota, United States, 8 days ago
Job Code and Title (9546) Post-Doctoral Associate Position Title Postdoctoral Associate Job Code 9546 Requisition Number 195829 Position Category Student - Professionals-in-Training Appointment Te...
Post Doctoral Research Associate, King's College London, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
King's College London's Home » Post Doctoral Research Associate Post Doctoral Research Associate Reference: THW/14/059639/482 Salary Details: £32,277-£35,256 per annum Allowances: £2,323 London Al...
Oce Postdoctoral Fellowship Coupling Of The Carbon And Water Cycles, CSIRO, Australia, 25 days ago
Are you passionate about creating a positive impact through innovation? Exciting opportunity to kick-start your career in a professional and supportive leading scientific agency Join our team at C...
Senior Research Fellow, The University of Queensland, Australia, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
QUEENSLAND BRAIN INSTITUTE, THE UNIVERSITY OF QUEENSLAND, BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA Stafford Fox Senior Research Fellow Established in 2003, QBI (http://www.qbi.uq.edu.au ) is housed on the St Lucia cam...