Rhodes Trust : Rhodes Scholarships
External Closing Date: 01-09-2011
The RHODES TRUST offers nine Rhodes Scholarships in Australia each year to enable outstanding students – chosen on the basis of exceptional intellect, character, leadership, and commitment to service – to study at the University of Oxford. One scholarship is offered for each state and three for Australia at Large.
The first Australian Rhodes Scholars took up residence in Oxford in 1904, and since that time many hundreds of Australians have been awarded this prestigious scholarship. They have pursued a variety of careers in public service, academia, business, law, and medicine, amongst others.
A Rhodes Scholarship covers:
- All University and College fees;
- A personal stipend which is fixed by the Trustees; For 2012 - 2013 not less than £977 per month.
- One economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the scholarship and one economy flight back to the student's home country at the conclusion of the scholarship.
To be eligible to apply you must:
- be at least 18 years old but less than 25 years old on 1 October 2011; and
- be Australian citizens, have been resident in Australia for at least five of the last ten years, and be available for interview in Australia at the time of selection in October 2011. Candidates for the Australia at Large Scholarships are usually interviewed in Canberra in the first week in December; and
- have completed (or be due to complete by December 2011) either at least four years of undergraduate study (normally a Bachelor's degree with first or upper second class honours, or a combined degree with first or upper second class results) or an equivalent combination of undergraduate and postgraduate study as a degree awarding body in Australia or overseas.
Should you wish to submit an application, you must contact the Honorary Secretary to the State Selection Committee in your state.
Honorary Secretary to the South Australian Selection Committee
Ms Bronwyn Simondson
Vice-President (Strategy & Planning)
Flinders University of South Australia
Telephone: (08) 8201 3532 begin_of_the_skype_highlightingend_of_the_skype_highlighting
Fax: (08) 8201 3934
- WWW address for more information: http://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/page/australia
All Saints College Scholarship, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 24 days ago
TitleAll Saints College ScholarshipDescriptionAll Saints College in Western Australia has donated funds to The university of Western Australia to provide a scholarship to encourage and assist high...
Qbi Ph D In Neuroscience, The University of Queensland, Australia, 8 days ago
Apply now Job no:499583 Area:Queensland Brain Institute Salary (FTE):APA Scholarship NON-BANDED ($26,288.00 - $26,288.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia, Brisbane Queensland ...
Agsm Military Scholarship Pgce1011, University of New South Wales, Australia, 24 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Postgraduate students Opens 26/09/2016 Closing Date See below For commencement Summer Semester 2017 Value $77,760 1 Scholarship(s) available For Duration of program ...
Neil Rowlings Bursary, University of Southern Queensland, Australia, 14 days ago
In 2017, USQ will offer one Neil Rowlings Bursary. The Neil Rowlings Bursary remembers a distinguished member of the professional staff of the University’s School of Communications and the Arts fo...
Elizabeth Rowlings Memorial Bursary, University of Southern Queensland, Australia, 14 days ago
In 2017, USQ will offer one Elizabeth Rowlings Memorial Bursary. The Elizabeth Rowlings Memorial Bursary was established by her son, Colin, to honour the life of his mother. Married to former USQ ...
John Prescott Honours Scholarship Ugca1287, University of New South Wales, Australia, 20 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Honours year students Opens 01/10/2016 Closing Date 28/02/2017 For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $10,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year Residency Aus Citi...