Rhodes Trust : Rhodes Scholarships
External Closing Date: 01-09-2011
The RHODES TRUST offers nine Rhodes Scholarships in Australia each year to enable outstanding students – chosen on the basis of exceptional intellect, character, leadership, and commitment to service – to study at the University of Oxford. One scholarship is offered for each state and three for Australia at Large.
The first Australian Rhodes Scholars took up residence in Oxford in 1904, and since that time many hundreds of Australians have been awarded this prestigious scholarship. They have pursued a variety of careers in public service, academia, business, law, and medicine, amongst others.
A Rhodes Scholarship covers:
- All University and College fees;
- A personal stipend which is fixed by the Trustees; For 2012 - 2013 not less than £977 per month.
- One economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the scholarship and one economy flight back to the student's home country at the conclusion of the scholarship.
To be eligible to apply you must:
- be at least 18 years old but less than 25 years old on 1 October 2011; and
- be Australian citizens, have been resident in Australia for at least five of the last ten years, and be available for interview in Australia at the time of selection in October 2011. Candidates for the Australia at Large Scholarships are usually interviewed in Canberra in the first week in December; and
- have completed (or be due to complete by December 2011) either at least four years of undergraduate study (normally a Bachelor's degree with first or upper second class honours, or a combined degree with first or upper second class results) or an equivalent combination of undergraduate and postgraduate study as a degree awarding body in Australia or overseas.
Should you wish to submit an application, you must contact the Honorary Secretary to the State Selection Committee in your state.
Honorary Secretary to the South Australian Selection Committee
Ms Bronwyn Simondson
Vice-President (Strategy & Planning)
Flinders University of South Australia
Telephone: (08) 8201 3532 begin_of_the_skype_highlightingend_of_the_skype_highlighting
Fax: (08) 8201 3934
- WWW address for more information: http://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/page/australia
Rhodes Australia At Large Scholarships To Oxford, Australian National University, Australia, 26 days ago
Overview Each year, nine Rhodes Scholarships are available for outstanding Australians to study at the University of Oxford . One Rhodes Scholarship is offered in each of the States (NSW, VIC, QLD...
Rhodes Scholarships, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, 24 days ago
The Rhodes Trust provides the Rhodes Scholarships in partnership with the Second Century Founder, John McCall MacBain and other generous benefactors . The Rhodes Trust warmly welcomes applications...
Bhp Billiton Scholarship (Ucl Australia) , University College London, United Kingdom, 26 days ago
PhD Introduction Entry Requirements Tuition Fees Applications Scholarships and Finance Introduction UCL Australia offers a PhD programme (CRICOS Code: 068148G) that provides opportunities for mult...
Indigenous Australian Reconciliation Ph D Scholarship, Australian National University, Australia, 26 days ago
Overview Each year ANU normally offers one scholarship to an indigenous Australian to undertake a PhD. Field of study Open Eligibility Bachelors degree with at least upper second-class honours, or...
Indigenous Australian Graduate Scholarship, Australian National University, Australia, 26 days ago
Overview Each year ANU normally offers one scholarship to an indigenous Australian to undertake graduate study. Field of study Open Eligibility Australian Citizens identifying as Aboriginal or Tor...
Anu Ph D Scholarships, Australian National University, Australia, 26 days ago
Overview A number of ANU PhD Scholarships which provide a stipend are funded by Colleges. It is normal for recipients to undertake study on a full-time basis. However, in accordance with strict cr...