Rhodes Trust : Rhodes Scholarships
External Closing Date: 01-09-2011
The RHODES TRUST offers nine Rhodes Scholarships in Australia each year to enable outstanding students – chosen on the basis of exceptional intellect, character, leadership, and commitment to service – to study at the University of Oxford. One scholarship is offered for each state and three for Australia at Large.
The first Australian Rhodes Scholars took up residence in Oxford in 1904, and since that time many hundreds of Australians have been awarded this prestigious scholarship. They have pursued a variety of careers in public service, academia, business, law, and medicine, amongst others.
A Rhodes Scholarship covers:
- All University and College fees;
- A personal stipend which is fixed by the Trustees; For 2012 - 2013 not less than £977 per month.
- One economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the scholarship and one economy flight back to the student's home country at the conclusion of the scholarship.
To be eligible to apply you must:
- be at least 18 years old but less than 25 years old on 1 October 2011; and
- be Australian citizens, have been resident in Australia for at least five of the last ten years, and be available for interview in Australia at the time of selection in October 2011. Candidates for the Australia at Large Scholarships are usually interviewed in Canberra in the first week in December; and
- have completed (or be due to complete by December 2011) either at least four years of undergraduate study (normally a Bachelor's degree with first or upper second class honours, or a combined degree with first or upper second class results) or an equivalent combination of undergraduate and postgraduate study as a degree awarding body in Australia or overseas.
Should you wish to submit an application, you must contact the Honorary Secretary to the State Selection Committee in your state.
Honorary Secretary to the South Australian Selection Committee
Ms Bronwyn Simondson
Vice-President (Strategy & Planning)
Flinders University of South Australia
Telephone: (08) 8201 3532 begin_of_the_skype_highlightingend_of_the_skype_highlighting
Fax: (08) 8201 3934
- WWW address for more information: http://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/page/australia
Mitsui Matsushima Australia Japanese Studies Award Ugca1360, University of New South Wales, Australia, 24 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers, First year students Opens 29/06/2016 Closing Date 30/09/2016 For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $5,000 4 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year ...
Barnes Clitheroe Baxter College Residential Scholarship Ugce1218, University of New South Wales, Australia, 19 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers, First year students Opens 04/07/2016 Closing Date 30/09/2016 For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $9,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For up to 2...
Nsw Chinese Community Award At Unsw Puca1000, University of New South Wales, Australia, 22 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers, First year students, Second year students, Third year and above, Honours year students, Postgraduate students Opens 01/07/2016 Closing Date 30/11...
The Neil Thomson Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 24 days ago
Edith Cowan University (ECU) in partnership with the Lowitja Institute offers an industry scholarship in honour of the Foundation Director of the Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet, Professor Nei...
Agsm Alumni Community Leader Scholarship Pgca1014, University of New South Wales, Australia, 16 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Postgraduate students Opens 07/07/2016 Closing Date 30/11/2016 For commencement Summer Semester 2017 Value 1 Scholarship(s) available For Duration of program (minimu...
Danielle Sirmai Memorial Scholarship Ugtr1035, University of New South Wales, Australia, 17 days ago
This Award was established in Danielle's honour to promote and foster further study of international arbitration and private international law and develop expertise in these fields in Australia. T...