Rhodes Trust : Rhodes Scholarships
External Closing Date: 01-09-2011
The RHODES TRUST offers nine Rhodes Scholarships in Australia each year to enable outstanding students – chosen on the basis of exceptional intellect, character, leadership, and commitment to service – to study at the University of Oxford. One scholarship is offered for each state and three for Australia at Large.
The first Australian Rhodes Scholars took up residence in Oxford in 1904, and since that time many hundreds of Australians have been awarded this prestigious scholarship. They have pursued a variety of careers in public service, academia, business, law, and medicine, amongst others.
A Rhodes Scholarship covers:
- All University and College fees;
- A personal stipend which is fixed by the Trustees; For 2012 - 2013 not less than £977 per month.
- One economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the scholarship and one economy flight back to the student's home country at the conclusion of the scholarship.
To be eligible to apply you must:
- be at least 18 years old but less than 25 years old on 1 October 2011; and
- be Australian citizens, have been resident in Australia for at least five of the last ten years, and be available for interview in Australia at the time of selection in October 2011. Candidates for the Australia at Large Scholarships are usually interviewed in Canberra in the first week in December; and
- have completed (or be due to complete by December 2011) either at least four years of undergraduate study (normally a Bachelor's degree with first or upper second class honours, or a combined degree with first or upper second class results) or an equivalent combination of undergraduate and postgraduate study as a degree awarding body in Australia or overseas.
Should you wish to submit an application, you must contact the Honorary Secretary to the State Selection Committee in your state.
Honorary Secretary to the South Australian Selection Committee
Ms Bronwyn Simondson
Vice-President (Strategy & Planning)
Flinders University of South Australia
Telephone: (08) 8201 3532 begin_of_the_skype_highlightingend_of_the_skype_highlighting
Fax: (08) 8201 3934
- WWW address for more information: http://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/page/australia
Asia Bound Scholarships, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 3 days ago
TitleAsiaBound ScholarshipsDescriptionAsiaBound provides support for students to undertake semester-long or short-term study experiences in Asia. AsiaBound also provides funding for Project Facili...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Neurophysiology, University of Sydney, Australia, 14 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Neurophysiology Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: A full-time postgraduate scholarship i...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Tactile And Crossmodal Perception, University of Sydney, Australia, 5 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Tactile and Crossmodal Perception Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: A full-time p...
Santow Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 7 days ago
The Santow Scholarship is offered by the Business Law Section of the Law Council of Australia ("BLS"). It is being offered for the first time in 2014 and commemorates The Hon Kim Santow AO who was...
Ph D Studentship In Prehistoric Archaeology & Oceanography, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, 15 days ago
Archaeology Location: Avenue Campus Closing Date: Monday 13 April 2015 Interview Date: Reference: 534915F4 Faculty of Humanities & Natural and Environmental Science, University of Southampton PhD ...
Arccim Uts Ph D Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 28 days ago
Faculty of Health, Australian Research Centre in Complementary and Integrative Medicine (ARCCIM) The Australian Research Centre in Complementary and Integrative Medicine (ARCCIM) at the University...