Rhodes Trust : Rhodes Scholarships
External Closing Date: 01-09-2011
The RHODES TRUST offers nine Rhodes Scholarships in Australia each year to enable outstanding students – chosen on the basis of exceptional intellect, character, leadership, and commitment to service – to study at the University of Oxford. One scholarship is offered for each state and three for Australia at Large.
The first Australian Rhodes Scholars took up residence in Oxford in 1904, and since that time many hundreds of Australians have been awarded this prestigious scholarship. They have pursued a variety of careers in public service, academia, business, law, and medicine, amongst others.
A Rhodes Scholarship covers:
- All University and College fees;
- A personal stipend which is fixed by the Trustees; For 2012 - 2013 not less than £977 per month.
- One economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the scholarship and one economy flight back to the student's home country at the conclusion of the scholarship.
To be eligible to apply you must:
- be at least 18 years old but less than 25 years old on 1 October 2011; and
- be Australian citizens, have been resident in Australia for at least five of the last ten years, and be available for interview in Australia at the time of selection in October 2011. Candidates for the Australia at Large Scholarships are usually interviewed in Canberra in the first week in December; and
- have completed (or be due to complete by December 2011) either at least four years of undergraduate study (normally a Bachelor's degree with first or upper second class honours, or a combined degree with first or upper second class results) or an equivalent combination of undergraduate and postgraduate study as a degree awarding body in Australia or overseas.
Should you wish to submit an application, you must contact the Honorary Secretary to the State Selection Committee in your state.
Honorary Secretary to the South Australian Selection Committee
Ms Bronwyn Simondson
Vice-President (Strategy & Planning)
Flinders University of South Australia
Telephone: (08) 8201 3532 begin_of_the_skype_highlightingend_of_the_skype_highlighting
Fax: (08) 8201 3934
- WWW address for more information: http://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/page/australia
Postgraduate Scholarship, University of Leeds, Europe, 12 days ago
Description The School of Law is offering two scholarships of £2000 for high quality students studying postgraduate taught programmes in the School in 2015/16. The awards will be based on academic...
Polis Excellence Scholarship, University of Leeds, Europe, 12 days ago
Description We have one full-fees scholarship available for a UK/EU applicant wishing to study one of our Masters programmes (on a full-time basis only). This scholarship is based on academic meri...
Ph D Scholarships In Polymer Chemistry, The University of Queensland, Australia, 12 days ago
Apply now Job no:497108 Area:Aust Institute for Bioengineering & Nanotechnology Salary (FTE):APA Scholarship NON-BANDED ($25,849.00 - $25,849.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Luc...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Physics, University of Sydney, Australia, 14 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Physics Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: A full-time postgraduate scholarship is...
Salmat Scholarship Ugce1225, University of New South Wales, Australia, 14 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers, First year students Opens 16/02/2015 Closing Date 05/03/2015 For commencement Semester 1 2015 Value $20,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For up to ...
Masters Scholarships For A Wide Range Of Countries, University of Nottingham, Europe, 15 days ago
Description Various Masters Scholarships. Do you want to realise your potential? These scholarships cover a range of nationalities and subjects and are towards tuition fee. Masters scholarships fo...