Rhodes Trust : Rhodes Scholarships
External Closing Date: 01-09-2011
The RHODES TRUST offers nine Rhodes Scholarships in Australia each year to enable outstanding students – chosen on the basis of exceptional intellect, character, leadership, and commitment to service – to study at the University of Oxford. One scholarship is offered for each state and three for Australia at Large.
The first Australian Rhodes Scholars took up residence in Oxford in 1904, and since that time many hundreds of Australians have been awarded this prestigious scholarship. They have pursued a variety of careers in public service, academia, business, law, and medicine, amongst others.
A Rhodes Scholarship covers:
- All University and College fees;
- A personal stipend which is fixed by the Trustees; For 2012 - 2013 not less than £977 per month.
- One economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the scholarship and one economy flight back to the student's home country at the conclusion of the scholarship.
To be eligible to apply you must:
- be at least 18 years old but less than 25 years old on 1 October 2011; and
- be Australian citizens, have been resident in Australia for at least five of the last ten years, and be available for interview in Australia at the time of selection in October 2011. Candidates for the Australia at Large Scholarships are usually interviewed in Canberra in the first week in December; and
- have completed (or be due to complete by December 2011) either at least four years of undergraduate study (normally a Bachelor's degree with first or upper second class honours, or a combined degree with first or upper second class results) or an equivalent combination of undergraduate and postgraduate study as a degree awarding body in Australia or overseas.
Should you wish to submit an application, you must contact the Honorary Secretary to the State Selection Committee in your state.
Honorary Secretary to the South Australian Selection Committee
Ms Bronwyn Simondson
Vice-President (Strategy & Planning)
Flinders University of South Australia
Telephone: (08) 8201 3532 begin_of_the_skype_highlightingend_of_the_skype_highlighting
Fax: (08) 8201 3934
- WWW address for more information: http://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/page/australia
Ph D Scholarship In Chemistry (Organic Optoelectronics), The University of Queensland, Australia, about 3 hours ago
Apply now Job no:500829 Area:Faculty of Science Salary (FTE):School Schol (APA Rate) NONBAND ($26,682.00 - $26,682.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia, Brisbane The School of ...
Ph D Scholar, The University of Queensland, Australia, 1 day ago
Apply now Job no:500806 Area:Faculty of Science Salary (FTE):School Schol (APA Rate) NONBAND ($26,682.00 - $26,682.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia, Brisbane This scholarsh...
Ph D Project/Scholarship, The University of Queensland, Australia, about 3 hours ago
Apply now Job no:500841 Area:Faculty Of Engineering, Architecture & Info Tech Salary (FTE):APA Scholarship NON-BANDED ($26,682.00 - $26,682.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia...
Scientia Scholarships Ugca1137, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 10 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers Opens 06/06/2017 Closing Date See below For commencement Semester 1 2018 Value $10,000 Scholarship(s) available For Duration of program (minimum)...
Unsw All Rounder Scholarship Ugce1153, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 10 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers Opens 06/06/2017 Closing Date See below For commencement Semester 1 2018 Value $5,000 10 Scholarship(s) available For Duration of program (minimu...
Peter Densem Postgraduate Scholarship, Massey University, New Zealand, about 7 hours ago
Closing date: 10/03/2018 Purpose The Peter Densem Postgraduate Scholarship was established in 2017 by Mr Peter Densem for the purpose of supporting students at Massey University who have already c...