Rhodes Trust : Rhodes Scholarships
External Closing Date: 01-09-2011
The RHODES TRUST offers nine Rhodes Scholarships in Australia each year to enable outstanding students – chosen on the basis of exceptional intellect, character, leadership, and commitment to service – to study at the University of Oxford. One scholarship is offered for each state and three for Australia at Large.
The first Australian Rhodes Scholars took up residence in Oxford in 1904, and since that time many hundreds of Australians have been awarded this prestigious scholarship. They have pursued a variety of careers in public service, academia, business, law, and medicine, amongst others.
A Rhodes Scholarship covers:
- All University and College fees;
- A personal stipend which is fixed by the Trustees; For 2012 - 2013 not less than £977 per month.
- One economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the scholarship and one economy flight back to the student's home country at the conclusion of the scholarship.
To be eligible to apply you must:
- be at least 18 years old but less than 25 years old on 1 October 2011; and
- be Australian citizens, have been resident in Australia for at least five of the last ten years, and be available for interview in Australia at the time of selection in October 2011. Candidates for the Australia at Large Scholarships are usually interviewed in Canberra in the first week in December; and
- have completed (or be due to complete by December 2011) either at least four years of undergraduate study (normally a Bachelor's degree with first or upper second class honours, or a combined degree with first or upper second class results) or an equivalent combination of undergraduate and postgraduate study as a degree awarding body in Australia or overseas.
Should you wish to submit an application, you must contact the Honorary Secretary to the State Selection Committee in your state.
Honorary Secretary to the South Australian Selection Committee
Ms Bronwyn Simondson
Vice-President (Strategy & Planning)
Flinders University of South Australia
Telephone: (08) 8201 3532 begin_of_the_skype_highlightingend_of_the_skype_highlighting
Fax: (08) 8201 3934
- WWW address for more information: http://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/page/australia
Unsw Transition Scholarship Ugce1148, University of New South Wales, Australia, 3 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers Opens 22/06/2016 Closing Date 30/09/2016 For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $5,000 10 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year Residency Aus Citize...
Fulbright Scholarships, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 8 days ago
Established in Australia in 1949, the Australian-American Fulbright Commission aims to promote mutual understanding through educational and cultural exchange between Australia and the United State...
Ph D Scholarship Local Government And Housing In Australia For The 21st Century, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 23 days ago
The University of Technology Sydney (UTS) and the University of South Australia (UniSA) are each offering a PhD scholarship focused on how local governments can help find a solution to the challen...
Fulbright Professional Scholarship In Non Profit Leadership 2017, Australian Scholarships Foundation, Australia, 4 days ago
Scholarship Overview This scholarship provides an exceptional opportunity for personal / professional development and broader impact through research, experiential learning or management training ...
A 3 Year Ph D Scholarship, Macquarie University, Europe, 18 days ago
Job posted by Life Science Network gGmbH (06/06/2016 10.33) A 3-year PhD scholarship Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the Eu...
Ph D Scholarship In Physics, The University of Queensland, Australia, 11 days ago
Apply now Job no:499138 Area:Faculty of Science Salary (FTE):School Schol (APA Rate) NONBAND ($26,288.00 - $26,288.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia, Brisbane The discipline...