Rhodes Trust : Rhodes Scholarships
External Closing Date: 01-09-2011
The RHODES TRUST offers nine Rhodes Scholarships in Australia each year to enable outstanding students – chosen on the basis of exceptional intellect, character, leadership, and commitment to service – to study at the University of Oxford. One scholarship is offered for each state and three for Australia at Large.
The first Australian Rhodes Scholars took up residence in Oxford in 1904, and since that time many hundreds of Australians have been awarded this prestigious scholarship. They have pursued a variety of careers in public service, academia, business, law, and medicine, amongst others.
A Rhodes Scholarship covers:
- All University and College fees;
- A personal stipend which is fixed by the Trustees; For 2012 - 2013 not less than £977 per month.
- One economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the scholarship and one economy flight back to the student's home country at the conclusion of the scholarship.
To be eligible to apply you must:
- be at least 18 years old but less than 25 years old on 1 October 2011; and
- be Australian citizens, have been resident in Australia for at least five of the last ten years, and be available for interview in Australia at the time of selection in October 2011. Candidates for the Australia at Large Scholarships are usually interviewed in Canberra in the first week in December; and
- have completed (or be due to complete by December 2011) either at least four years of undergraduate study (normally a Bachelor's degree with first or upper second class honours, or a combined degree with first or upper second class results) or an equivalent combination of undergraduate and postgraduate study as a degree awarding body in Australia or overseas.
Should you wish to submit an application, you must contact the Honorary Secretary to the State Selection Committee in your state.
Honorary Secretary to the South Australian Selection Committee
Ms Bronwyn Simondson
Vice-President (Strategy & Planning)
Flinders University of South Australia
Telephone: (08) 8201 3532 begin_of_the_skype_highlightingend_of_the_skype_highlighting
Fax: (08) 8201 3934
- WWW address for more information: http://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/page/australia
1. Fpa# Fh 1335 Title: Staff Cardiologist (2 Positions), Brown University, United States, 3 days ago
1. FPA# FH-1335 Title: Staff Cardiologist (2 Positions) Location: Miriam Rank: Assistant or Associate Professor Search Chair: Douglas Burtt, MD email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org Date posted: 20...
Dafydd Lewis Scholarship, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, about 3 hours ago
The Dafydd Lewis Trust provides equity and merit-based scholarships to young men who might not have otherwise received a University education due to the limited financial resources of their parent...
Ph D Scholarship In Exercise Physiology, La Trobe University, Australia, 30 days ago
Highest Australian ranking for research in Human Movement and Sports Science World-class research training, based at the Bendigo Campus Stipend of $25,392 per annum full-time (tax exempt, 2014 rat...
Ph D Scholarships In Chemistry And Chemical/Materials Engineering, Monash University, Australia, 26 days ago
Monash University is offering a new cutting-edge PhD Program with strong industry links: opportunity for graduates to work directly with industry. A unique, exciting opportunity exists for a selec...
Dream Big Scholarship Program, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, about 3 hours ago
As a progressive employer we’d like to see more women in the engineering profession. Each year, to encourage more women to enter the profession, we provide a number of university scholarships. App...
Ph D Scholarship: Advanced Molecular Imaging, Monash University, Australia, 22 days ago
The Opportunity The ARC Centre of Excellence for Advanced Molecular Imaging aims to provide an unprecedented understanding of The Centre brings together leading Australian researchers in nodes at ...