Rhodes Trust : Rhodes Scholarships
External Closing Date: 01-09-2011
The RHODES TRUST offers nine Rhodes Scholarships in Australia each year to enable outstanding students – chosen on the basis of exceptional intellect, character, leadership, and commitment to service – to study at the University of Oxford. One scholarship is offered for each state and three for Australia at Large.
The first Australian Rhodes Scholars took up residence in Oxford in 1904, and since that time many hundreds of Australians have been awarded this prestigious scholarship. They have pursued a variety of careers in public service, academia, business, law, and medicine, amongst others.
A Rhodes Scholarship covers:
- All University and College fees;
- A personal stipend which is fixed by the Trustees; For 2012 - 2013 not less than £977 per month.
- One economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the scholarship and one economy flight back to the student's home country at the conclusion of the scholarship.
To be eligible to apply you must:
- be at least 18 years old but less than 25 years old on 1 October 2011; and
- be Australian citizens, have been resident in Australia for at least five of the last ten years, and be available for interview in Australia at the time of selection in October 2011. Candidates for the Australia at Large Scholarships are usually interviewed in Canberra in the first week in December; and
- have completed (or be due to complete by December 2011) either at least four years of undergraduate study (normally a Bachelor's degree with first or upper second class honours, or a combined degree with first or upper second class results) or an equivalent combination of undergraduate and postgraduate study as a degree awarding body in Australia or overseas.
Should you wish to submit an application, you must contact the Honorary Secretary to the State Selection Committee in your state.
Honorary Secretary to the South Australian Selection Committee
Ms Bronwyn Simondson
Vice-President (Strategy & Planning)
Flinders University of South Australia
Telephone: (08) 8201 3532 begin_of_the_skype_highlightingend_of_the_skype_highlighting
Fax: (08) 8201 3934
- WWW address for more information: http://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/page/australia
Commonwealth Scholarships In South Africa Ph D & Masters, Massey University, New Zealand, 27 days ago
Closing date: 07/09/2015 Level PhD (supported by the David & Elaine Potter Foundation) and Master’s Scholarships available PhD: 2 Master's: 7 Tenable at Cape Peninsula University of Technology Cen...
The Goda Foundation Ph D Scholarship, Griffith University, Australia, 6 days ago
About the research The Goda Foundation PhD Scholarship will provide vital support in helping to progress research into a clinical setting; a crucial aspect in ensuring that medical research impac...
Pinnacle Foundation Scholarships, RMIT University, Australia, 9 days ago
Scholarships will be provided for 16-24 year old LGBTIQ* students who desire to undertake full-time education at a public or private secondary school (final year) or public institution of higher e...
John Monash Scholarship, RMIT University, Australia, about 1 month ago
Level 1, Bennelong House, 9 Queen ST, Melbourne, VIC, Australia. firstname.lastname@example.org (613) 9620 2428 Home Home About Us John Monash Scholars Support Applicants News and Events John Monash Contact ...
Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship, University of Tasmania, Australia, 28 days ago
Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship In celebration of Westpac Group’s upcoming 200th anniversary on 8 April 2017, the Westpac Bicentennial Foundation has been established. The Foundation has been e...
Postgraduate Coursework Equity Scholarship Pgce1004, University of New South Wales, Australia, 2 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Postgraduate students Opens 01/09/2015 Closing Date 08/01/2016 For commencement Semester 1 2016 Value $13,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For Duration of program (min...