Rhodes Trust : Rhodes Scholarships
External Closing Date: 01-09-2011
The RHODES TRUST offers nine Rhodes Scholarships in Australia each year to enable outstanding students – chosen on the basis of exceptional intellect, character, leadership, and commitment to service – to study at the University of Oxford. One scholarship is offered for each state and three for Australia at Large.
The first Australian Rhodes Scholars took up residence in Oxford in 1904, and since that time many hundreds of Australians have been awarded this prestigious scholarship. They have pursued a variety of careers in public service, academia, business, law, and medicine, amongst others.
A Rhodes Scholarship covers:
- All University and College fees;
- A personal stipend which is fixed by the Trustees; For 2012 - 2013 not less than £977 per month.
- One economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the scholarship and one economy flight back to the student's home country at the conclusion of the scholarship.
To be eligible to apply you must:
- be at least 18 years old but less than 25 years old on 1 October 2011; and
- be Australian citizens, have been resident in Australia for at least five of the last ten years, and be available for interview in Australia at the time of selection in October 2011. Candidates for the Australia at Large Scholarships are usually interviewed in Canberra in the first week in December; and
- have completed (or be due to complete by December 2011) either at least four years of undergraduate study (normally a Bachelor's degree with first or upper second class honours, or a combined degree with first or upper second class results) or an equivalent combination of undergraduate and postgraduate study as a degree awarding body in Australia or overseas.
Should you wish to submit an application, you must contact the Honorary Secretary to the State Selection Committee in your state.
Honorary Secretary to the South Australian Selection Committee
Ms Bronwyn Simondson
Vice-President (Strategy & Planning)
Flinders University of South Australia
Telephone: (08) 8201 3532 begin_of_the_skype_highlightingend_of_the_skype_highlighting
Fax: (08) 8201 3934
- WWW address for more information: http://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/page/australia
Stanford Australia Foundation Scholarship 2016, Australian Scholarships Foundation, Australia, 4 days ago
Scholarship Overview: The 2016 Stanford Australia Foundation Scholarship includes up to $15,000 (for course fees and economy travel) for a NFP executive to attend a Stanford Graduate School of Bus...
Stanford Australia Foundation Dyson Bequest Scholarship 2016, Australian Scholarships Foundation, Australia, 4 days ago
Scholarship Overview: The SAF Dyson Bequest Scholarship provides up to $50,000 (towards course fees and economy travel) for a NFP executive to attend the Stanford Executive Program (SEP). Establi...
Catherine King Memorial Bursary, University of the Sunshine Coast, Australia, 27 days ago
The USC experience Undergraduate (my first degree) Postgraduate coursework Research students International students Courses and programs Student support How do I apply? How do I enrol? What will I...
2016 John Monash Scholarships, Australian Scholarships Foundation, Australia, 28 days ago
Scholarship Overview The John Monash Scholarships recognise excellence and leadership, and celebrate one of Australia's finest leaders: General Sir John Monash. Each year the Scholarships are awar...
New Colombo Plan – Scholarship Program Ugtr1037, University of New South Wales, Australia, 29 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Second year students, Third year and above Opens 30/04/2015 Closing Date 04/07/2015 For commencement Semester 1 2016 Value $67,000 Scholarship(s) available For one se...
The Beth Spence Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia, 26 days ago
Funding Body: Seashells Foundation Endowment Title: The Beth Spence Scholarship Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: The Seashells Foundation Endowment is genero...