Rhodes Trust : Rhodes Scholarships
External Closing Date: 01-09-2011
The RHODES TRUST offers nine Rhodes Scholarships in Australia each year to enable outstanding students – chosen on the basis of exceptional intellect, character, leadership, and commitment to service – to study at the University of Oxford. One scholarship is offered for each state and three for Australia at Large.
The first Australian Rhodes Scholars took up residence in Oxford in 1904, and since that time many hundreds of Australians have been awarded this prestigious scholarship. They have pursued a variety of careers in public service, academia, business, law, and medicine, amongst others.
A Rhodes Scholarship covers:
- All University and College fees;
- A personal stipend which is fixed by the Trustees; For 2012 - 2013 not less than £977 per month.
- One economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the scholarship and one economy flight back to the student's home country at the conclusion of the scholarship.
To be eligible to apply you must:
- be at least 18 years old but less than 25 years old on 1 October 2011; and
- be Australian citizens, have been resident in Australia for at least five of the last ten years, and be available for interview in Australia at the time of selection in October 2011. Candidates for the Australia at Large Scholarships are usually interviewed in Canberra in the first week in December; and
- have completed (or be due to complete by December 2011) either at least four years of undergraduate study (normally a Bachelor's degree with first or upper second class honours, or a combined degree with first or upper second class results) or an equivalent combination of undergraduate and postgraduate study as a degree awarding body in Australia or overseas.
Should you wish to submit an application, you must contact the Honorary Secretary to the State Selection Committee in your state.
Honorary Secretary to the South Australian Selection Committee
Ms Bronwyn Simondson
Vice-President (Strategy & Planning)
Flinders University of South Australia
Telephone: (08) 8201 3532 begin_of_the_skype_highlightingend_of_the_skype_highlighting
Fax: (08) 8201 3934
- WWW address for more information: http://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/page/australia
Rhodes Scholarships Queensland 2015, University of the Sunshine Coast, Australia, 20 days ago
Applications open 1 July and close 1 September each year. Rhodes Scholarships provide opportunities for outstanding all-round students to study for a postgraduate degree at the University of Oxfor...
Bayswater Football Club Industry Project Ph D Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 12 days ago
Making correct decisions about how and where to pass the ball is crucial to success in sports such as football. The interaction between individual decisions and team patterns is not well understoo...
Westpac Asian Exchange Scholarship Ugtr1040, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 5 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Second year students, Third year and above Opens 01/08/2015 Closing Date 15/08/2015 For commencement Semester 1 2016 Value $10,000 2 Scholarship(s) available For one ...
Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship », Australian National University, Australia, 27 days ago
Overview This scholarship was established in July 2015 by the Westpac Bicentennial Foundation as part of Westpac's 200th anniversary celebrations, which will be officially commemorated in 2017. Th...
2015 Afgw Nsw Tempe Mann Travelling Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia, 27 days ago
Funding Body: Australian Federation of Graduate Women NSW Title: 2015 AFGW NSW Tempe Mann Travelling Scholarship Research Areas: Humanities & Social Sciences; Health Sciences; Sciences & Engineeri...
Pura Pharm Ph D Scholarship In Integrated Medicine, University of Sydney, Australia, 5 days ago
Funding Body: The University of Sydney Title: PuraPharm PhD Scholarship in Integrated Medicine Research Areas: Health Sciences; Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: Sydne...