Rhodes Trust : Rhodes Scholarships
External Closing Date: 01-09-2011
The RHODES TRUST offers nine Rhodes Scholarships in Australia each year to enable outstanding students – chosen on the basis of exceptional intellect, character, leadership, and commitment to service – to study at the University of Oxford. One scholarship is offered for each state and three for Australia at Large.
The first Australian Rhodes Scholars took up residence in Oxford in 1904, and since that time many hundreds of Australians have been awarded this prestigious scholarship. They have pursued a variety of careers in public service, academia, business, law, and medicine, amongst others.
A Rhodes Scholarship covers:
- All University and College fees;
- A personal stipend which is fixed by the Trustees; For 2012 - 2013 not less than £977 per month.
- One economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the scholarship and one economy flight back to the student's home country at the conclusion of the scholarship.
To be eligible to apply you must:
- be at least 18 years old but less than 25 years old on 1 October 2011; and
- be Australian citizens, have been resident in Australia for at least five of the last ten years, and be available for interview in Australia at the time of selection in October 2011. Candidates for the Australia at Large Scholarships are usually interviewed in Canberra in the first week in December; and
- have completed (or be due to complete by December 2011) either at least four years of undergraduate study (normally a Bachelor's degree with first or upper second class honours, or a combined degree with first or upper second class results) or an equivalent combination of undergraduate and postgraduate study as a degree awarding body in Australia or overseas.
Should you wish to submit an application, you must contact the Honorary Secretary to the State Selection Committee in your state.
Honorary Secretary to the South Australian Selection Committee
Ms Bronwyn Simondson
Vice-President (Strategy & Planning)
Flinders University of South Australia
Telephone: (08) 8201 3532 begin_of_the_skype_highlightingend_of_the_skype_highlighting
Fax: (08) 8201 3934
- WWW address for more information: http://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/page/australia
Anu R G Menzies Scholarships To Harvard 2015/16, Australian Scholarships Foundation, Australia, 3 days ago
Scholarship Overview The Robert Gordon Menzies Scholarshipsto Harvard are Australia's most prestigious national awards for postgraduate study in the United States. The grants at least one annual a...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Evidence Based Follow Up For Patients With Melanoma, University of Sydney, Australia, 25 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney and Melanoma Institute Australia Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Evidence Based Follow-up for Patients with Melanoma Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Post...
Your Contact Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 18 days ago
YourContacts is an Australian online supplier for disposable contact lenses and contact lens solutions. They are offering a $1,200 scholarship to undergraduate and postgraduate students undertaki...
John Monash Scholarships, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 21 days ago
In 2003 the General Sir John Monash Scholarships were launched. Since this time, they have become Australia's most prestigious postgraduate scholarships Which recognise leadership capability, acad...
Postgraduate Coursework Equity Scholarship Pgce1004, University of New South Wales, Australia, 17 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Postgraduate students Opens 03/12/2014 Closing Date 13/01/2015 For commencement Semester 1 2015 Value $13,000 10 Scholarship(s) available For Duration of program (mi...
Innovative Horticultural Products Ph D Scholarships (10), University of Tasmania, Australia, 6 days ago
ARC Industrial Transformation Training Centre for Innovative Horticultural Products PhD ScholarshipsUniversity of Tasmania, AustraliaThe Centre has been made possible through $4.1million funding fr...