- Be a part of Australia’s leading science and research organisation
- Analyse foods, food ingredients and other biological samples for nutritional/biochemical analytes
- Work in the Nutritional Analytical Laboratory
You will play a pivotal role within a highly synergistic team working closely with scientists and technical staff to analyse foods, food ingredients and biological samples of relevance to the research and development of dietary strategies to improve human health. This requires a unique combination of planning and organisational skills, analytical methods including wet chemistry, chromatographic (such as HPLC, GC) and spectrophotometric techniques, and technical experience working in a laboratory specialising in the analysis of food/biological samples.
Specifically you will:
- Analyse foods, food ingredients and other biological samples for nutritional/biochemical analytes by application of a variety of established methods including wet chemistry, spectrophotometric and chromatographic (HPLC, GC and HPIC) techniques;
- Assay development and preparation and maintenance of Safe Work Instructions;
- Assist with the collection, processing and appropriate storage of biological samples (urine, faeces, digesta, blood) for future analyses;
- Assist in the preparation and production of technical reports and presentations;
- Maintenance of analytical instrumentation (HPCL, GC, UV/Vis, plate readers);
- Maintain accurate records of all experimental work, including computer data management.
Location: Adelaide, SA
Salary: $59K to $79K p.a. plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 2 Year Term
Ref No.: SA14/00626
To be considered you will hold a tertiary qualification (Bachelor Degree, Diploma, Certificate or equivalent) in a relevant scientific discipline and/or equivalent experience.
You will also have:
- Experience working in a laboratory specialising in the analysis of food, food ingredients and or biological samples;
- High level of self motivation with good planning, organisational and task scheduling skills;
- Practical experience in analytical methods including wet chemistry, chromatographic (such as HPLC, GC) and ideally spectrophotometric techniques;
- Proven ability to work effectively and contribute to multidisciplinary research teams under limited supervision.
Australia is founding its future on science and innovation. Its national science agency, the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), is a powerhouse of ideas, technologies and skills for building prosperity, growth, health and sustainability. It serves governments, industries, business and communities.
About CSIRO Animal, Food and Health Sciences:
From the farm, to fork, to health, we're applying the latest in animal, life and food sciences to support a sustainable and healthy future for your industries and communities. For further information please see http://www.csiro.au/cafhsApplications close 30th March 2014 (11:30pm Adelaide time).
Click on the link below for the full position description and selection criteria.
SA14/00626 Position Details
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for - Internet Explorer 7.0 (or later browser versions), Safari, Firefox 3 (or later browser versions) and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any of the browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.
Senior Biomedical Scientist, King's College Hospital, United Kingdom, about 3 hours ago
This permanent Senior Biomedical Scientist post (Band 7 AfC equivalent) offers an exciting opportunity for an experienced BMS to further develop their specialist knowledge and skills in Clinical B...
Stores Technician, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, about 19 hours ago
AUT requires two new team members for the Stores at the School of Hospitality & Tourism. Key responsibilities are to prepare and deliver ingredient trolleys to the training kitchens, to maintain f...
Organics Scientist Team Lead, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia, about 15 hours ago
Job Location Saudi Arabia Job Title Organics Scientist Team Lead Job Type Non-Academic Job Summary The Organic Scientist Tema Lead will: Serve the ACL mission to support research at KAUST and ...
Ph D Scholarship In Food Process Modelling, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 4 days ago
Apply no later than 20 April 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Food by completing the following form. Apply online A PhD scholarship is available at the National Food Institute (DTU Food) at the Techn...
Research (Lab) Assistant, University of Alberta, Canada, 21 days ago
Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science Competition No. - S108132382 Posting Date - Mar 28, 2017 Closing Date - Apr 04, 2017 Position Type - Full Time - Grant Fund...
≫ 1444 Lecturer/Researcher In Food Systems For Improved Human Nutrition, University of Greenwich, United Kingdom, about 20 hours ago
View All Vacancies Food and Markets Location: Medway campus Salary: £32,004 to £37,075 per annum Contract Type: Permanent Closing Date: Sunday 30 April 2017 Interview Date: To be confirmed Refer...