- Be a part of Australia’s leading science and research organisation
- Analyse foods, food ingredients and other biological samples for nutritional/biochemical analytes
- Work in the Nutritional Analytical Laboratory
You will play a pivotal role within a highly synergistic team working closely with scientists and technical staff to analyse foods, food ingredients and biological samples of relevance to the research and development of dietary strategies to improve human health. This requires a unique combination of planning and organisational skills, analytical methods including wet chemistry, chromatographic (such as HPLC, GC) and spectrophotometric techniques, and technical experience working in a laboratory specialising in the analysis of food/biological samples.
Specifically you will:
- Analyse foods, food ingredients and other biological samples for nutritional/biochemical analytes by application of a variety of established methods including wet chemistry, spectrophotometric and chromatographic (HPLC, GC and HPIC) techniques;
- Assay development and preparation and maintenance of Safe Work Instructions;
- Assist with the collection, processing and appropriate storage of biological samples (urine, faeces, digesta, blood) for future analyses;
- Assist in the preparation and production of technical reports and presentations;
- Maintenance of analytical instrumentation (HPCL, GC, UV/Vis, plate readers);
- Maintain accurate records of all experimental work, including computer data management.
Location: Adelaide, SA
Salary: $59K to $79K p.a. plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 2 Year Term
Ref No.: SA14/00626
To be considered you will hold a tertiary qualification (Bachelor Degree, Diploma, Certificate or equivalent) in a relevant scientific discipline and/or equivalent experience.
You will also have:
- Experience working in a laboratory specialising in the analysis of food, food ingredients and or biological samples;
- High level of self motivation with good planning, organisational and task scheduling skills;
- Practical experience in analytical methods including wet chemistry, chromatographic (such as HPLC, GC) and ideally spectrophotometric techniques;
- Proven ability to work effectively and contribute to multidisciplinary research teams under limited supervision.
Australia is founding its future on science and innovation. Its national science agency, the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), is a powerhouse of ideas, technologies and skills for building prosperity, growth, health and sustainability. It serves governments, industries, business and communities.
About CSIRO Animal, Food and Health Sciences:
From the farm, to fork, to health, we're applying the latest in animal, life and food sciences to support a sustainable and healthy future for your industries and communities. For further information please see http://www.csiro.au/cafhsApplications close 30th March 2014 (11:30pm Adelaide time).
Click on the link below for the full position description and selection criteria.
SA14/00626 Position Details
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for - Internet Explorer 7.0 (or later browser versions), Safari, Firefox 3 (or later browser versions) and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any of the browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.
Food Services Technician Asu, Appalachian State University, United States, 9 days ago
Classification Title: Food Services Technician-ASU Working Title: Food Service Tech---Cook Campus: Appalachian State University Region: Mountains Job Summary: * Prepares large quantities of food a...
Commis Chef, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 4 days ago
COMMIS CHEF Join the production kitchens of AUT Be a part of the future working in modern kitchens We now have a unique opportunity for a Commis Chef with proven restaurant experience to join the ...
Senior Researcher In Nutrition / Epidemiology, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 3 days ago
Apply no later than 24 February 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Food by completing the following form. Apply online The National Food Institute (DTU Food) offers a position as senior researcher in N...
Mass Spectrometry Technician Niwa, NIWA, New Zealand, 25 days ago
NIWA, the National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research, is a leading environmental research institute and key provider of atmospheric, freshwater and marine research in New Zealand. Our mi...
Professor With Special Responsibilities In Microbial Biodiversity And Functionality In Food And Health (211 0477), University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 16 hours ago
Professor with special responsibilities in microbial biodiversity and functionality in food and health Department of Food Science (Frederiksberg), Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen, inv...
21190 Postdoctoral Scientist Mapping & Markers Fixed Term (2 Years) Plant & Food Research, Plant & Food Research, New Zealand, 7 days ago
At Plant & Food Research we conduct research that adds value to fruit, vegetable, crop and food products. Our science and commercialisation supports the production of high quality produce and nove...