- Be a part of Australia’s leading science and research organisation
- Analyse foods, food ingredients and other biological samples for nutritional/biochemical analytes
- Work in the Nutritional Analytical Laboratory
You will play a pivotal role within a highly synergistic team working closely with scientists and technical staff to analyse foods, food ingredients and biological samples of relevance to the research and development of dietary strategies to improve human health. This requires a unique combination of planning and organisational skills, analytical methods including wet chemistry, chromatographic (such as HPLC, GC) and spectrophotometric techniques, and technical experience working in a laboratory specialising in the analysis of food/biological samples.
Specifically you will:
- Analyse foods, food ingredients and other biological samples for nutritional/biochemical analytes by application of a variety of established methods including wet chemistry, spectrophotometric and chromatographic (HPLC, GC and HPIC) techniques;
- Assay development and preparation and maintenance of Safe Work Instructions;
- Assist with the collection, processing and appropriate storage of biological samples (urine, faeces, digesta, blood) for future analyses;
- Assist in the preparation and production of technical reports and presentations;
- Maintenance of analytical instrumentation (HPCL, GC, UV/Vis, plate readers);
- Maintain accurate records of all experimental work, including computer data management.
Location: Adelaide, SA
Salary: $59K to $79K p.a. plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 2 Year Term
Ref No.: SA14/00626
To be considered you will hold a tertiary qualification (Bachelor Degree, Diploma, Certificate or equivalent) in a relevant scientific discipline and/or equivalent experience.
You will also have:
- Experience working in a laboratory specialising in the analysis of food, food ingredients and or biological samples;
- High level of self motivation with good planning, organisational and task scheduling skills;
- Practical experience in analytical methods including wet chemistry, chromatographic (such as HPLC, GC) and ideally spectrophotometric techniques;
- Proven ability to work effectively and contribute to multidisciplinary research teams under limited supervision.
Australia is founding its future on science and innovation. Its national science agency, the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), is a powerhouse of ideas, technologies and skills for building prosperity, growth, health and sustainability. It serves governments, industries, business and communities.
About CSIRO Animal, Food and Health Sciences:
From the farm, to fork, to health, we're applying the latest in animal, life and food sciences to support a sustainable and healthy future for your industries and communities. For further information please see http://www.csiro.au/cafhsApplications close 30th March 2014 (11:30pm Adelaide time).
Click on the link below for the full position description and selection criteria.
SA14/00626 Position Details
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for - Internet Explorer 7.0 (or later browser versions), Safari, Firefox 3 (or later browser versions) and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any of the browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.
Associate Professor At The Institute Of General And Ecological Chemistry At Lodz University Of Technology 1, Lodz University of Technology / Institute of General and Ecological Chemistry, Poland, 7 days ago
Job posted by Lodz University of Technology (19/05/2015 10.11) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Cod...
Laboratory Coordinator, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Switzerland, 26 days ago
The Geological Institute within the Department of Earth Sciences (ERDW) operates laboratories equipped for use of solvents and strong acids that are configured for preparation samples for both org...
Senior Technician Physical Evidence Esr, ESR, New Zealand, 21 days ago
Forensic Senior Technician Full time - Permanent Physical Evidence Laboratory ESR-Mt Albert Science Centre, Auckland About ESR ESR is a company that develops innovative solutions critical to the w...
Researcher Wet Chemicals Analysis, AkzoNobel, Netherlands, 16 days ago
Job posted by EuroScienceJobs (09/05/2015 00.30) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Research...
Ingenuity Lab Research Associate, University of Alberta, Canada, 20 days ago
Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering Competition No. - A103626344 Closing Date - Will remain open until filled. The Ingenuity Lab is a multi-disciplinary team of researchers wo...
Senior Lecturer In The Department Of Soil Science, Environmental Chemistry And Hydrology, University of Rzeszów, Poland, 8 days ago
Job posted by University of Rzeszów (15/05/2015 11.28) senior lecturer in the Department of Soil Science, Environmental Chemistry and Hydrology Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research...