- Be a part of Australia’s leading science and research organisation
- Analyse foods, food ingredients and other biological samples for nutritional/biochemical analytes
- Work in the Nutritional Analytical Laboratory
You will play a pivotal role within a highly synergistic team working closely with scientists and technical staff to analyse foods, food ingredients and biological samples of relevance to the research and development of dietary strategies to improve human health. This requires a unique combination of planning and organisational skills, analytical methods including wet chemistry, chromatographic (such as HPLC, GC) and spectrophotometric techniques, and technical experience working in a laboratory specialising in the analysis of food/biological samples.
Specifically you will:
- Analyse foods, food ingredients and other biological samples for nutritional/biochemical analytes by application of a variety of established methods including wet chemistry, spectrophotometric and chromatographic (HPLC, GC and HPIC) techniques;
- Assay development and preparation and maintenance of Safe Work Instructions;
- Assist with the collection, processing and appropriate storage of biological samples (urine, faeces, digesta, blood) for future analyses;
- Assist in the preparation and production of technical reports and presentations;
- Maintenance of analytical instrumentation (HPCL, GC, UV/Vis, plate readers);
- Maintain accurate records of all experimental work, including computer data management.
Location: Adelaide, SA
Salary: $59K to $79K p.a. plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 2 Year Term
Ref No.: SA14/00626
To be considered you will hold a tertiary qualification (Bachelor Degree, Diploma, Certificate or equivalent) in a relevant scientific discipline and/or equivalent experience.
You will also have:
- Experience working in a laboratory specialising in the analysis of food, food ingredients and or biological samples;
- High level of self motivation with good planning, organisational and task scheduling skills;
- Practical experience in analytical methods including wet chemistry, chromatographic (such as HPLC, GC) and ideally spectrophotometric techniques;
- Proven ability to work effectively and contribute to multidisciplinary research teams under limited supervision.
Australia is founding its future on science and innovation. Its national science agency, the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), is a powerhouse of ideas, technologies and skills for building prosperity, growth, health and sustainability. It serves governments, industries, business and communities.
About CSIRO Animal, Food and Health Sciences:
From the farm, to fork, to health, we're applying the latest in animal, life and food sciences to support a sustainable and healthy future for your industries and communities. For further information please see http://www.csiro.au/cafhsApplications close 30th March 2014 (11:30pm Adelaide time).
Click on the link below for the full position description and selection criteria.
SA14/00626 Position Details
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for - Internet Explorer 7.0 (or later browser versions), Safari, Firefox 3 (or later browser versions) and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any of the browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.
Food Technology Technician (G032 15 Rr), Massey University, New Zealand, 6 days ago
School of Food and Nutrition, College of Health Massey University is looking to find an exceptional, experienced Food Technology Technician to work with the team that deliver the Southern Hemisphe...
Internship (Year Round) Analytical Chemistry, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, United States, 19 days ago
Internship (Year Round) - Analytical Chemistry 4181BR The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) is a leader in the U.S. Department of Energy’s effort to secure an energy future that is both ...
10666 Technician Food & Wellness Group Plant & Food Research, Plant & Food Research, New Zealand, 18 days ago
The Food & Wellness Group evaluates the health and wellness efficacy and benefits of plant-based foods and plant-derived compounds to produce prototype functional foods and ingredients with proven...
Assistant Professor (Adjunct), University of Gdańsk, Faculty of Chemistry, Poland, 21 days ago
Job posted by University of Gdańsk, Faculty of Chemistry (09/02/2015 11.41) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Ch...
Senior Associate Scientist, Toxicology Analytical Services, National Institutes of Health, United States, 17 days ago
Company BioReliance by SAFC, a division of Sigma-Aldrich Corporation: About Sigma-Aldrich: Sigma-Aldrich is a leading Life Science and High Technology company whose biochemical, organic chemical p...
Research Officer (Analytical Chemist), A*STAR, Singapore, 18 days ago
About the Clinical Imaging Research Centre (CIRC) The Clinical Imaging Research Centre (CIRC) is a Joint Venture between A*STAR and NUS and is a national research facility dedicated to advancing t...