- Be a part of Australia’s leading science and research organisation
- Analyse foods, food ingredients and other biological samples for nutritional/biochemical analytes
- Work in the Nutritional Analytical Laboratory
You will play a pivotal role within a highly synergistic team working closely with scientists and technical staff to analyse foods, food ingredients and biological samples of relevance to the research and development of dietary strategies to improve human health. This requires a unique combination of planning and organisational skills, analytical methods including wet chemistry, chromatographic (such as HPLC, GC) and spectrophotometric techniques, and technical experience working in a laboratory specialising in the analysis of food/biological samples.
Specifically you will:
- Analyse foods, food ingredients and other biological samples for nutritional/biochemical analytes by application of a variety of established methods including wet chemistry, spectrophotometric and chromatographic (HPLC, GC and HPIC) techniques;
- Assay development and preparation and maintenance of Safe Work Instructions;
- Assist with the collection, processing and appropriate storage of biological samples (urine, faeces, digesta, blood) for future analyses;
- Assist in the preparation and production of technical reports and presentations;
- Maintenance of analytical instrumentation (HPCL, GC, UV/Vis, plate readers);
- Maintain accurate records of all experimental work, including computer data management.
Location: Adelaide, SA
Salary: $59K to $79K p.a. plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 2 Year Term
Ref No.: SA14/00626
To be considered you will hold a tertiary qualification (Bachelor Degree, Diploma, Certificate or equivalent) in a relevant scientific discipline and/or equivalent experience.
You will also have:
- Experience working in a laboratory specialising in the analysis of food, food ingredients and or biological samples;
- High level of self motivation with good planning, organisational and task scheduling skills;
- Practical experience in analytical methods including wet chemistry, chromatographic (such as HPLC, GC) and ideally spectrophotometric techniques;
- Proven ability to work effectively and contribute to multidisciplinary research teams under limited supervision.
Australia is founding its future on science and innovation. Its national science agency, the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), is a powerhouse of ideas, technologies and skills for building prosperity, growth, health and sustainability. It serves governments, industries, business and communities.
About CSIRO Animal, Food and Health Sciences:
From the farm, to fork, to health, we're applying the latest in animal, life and food sciences to support a sustainable and healthy future for your industries and communities. For further information please see http://www.csiro.au/cafhsApplications close 30th March 2014 (11:30pm Adelaide time).
Click on the link below for the full position description and selection criteria.
SA14/00626 Position Details
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for - Internet Explorer 7.0 (or later browser versions), Safari, Firefox 3 (or later browser versions) and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any of the browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.
Research Assistant, Texas A&M University, United States, 14 days ago
Posting Details Position Information Position Title Research Assistant Posting Title Research Assistant System Member Institution/Agency TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY (TAMU) Department GEOCHEMICAL ENVIRONM...
Analytical Chemists For Novo Nordisk Foundation Center For Biosustainability, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 24 days ago
Apply no later than 16 August 2015 Apply for the job at Center for Biosustainability by completing the following form. Apply online The analytical Core facility at the Novo Nordisk Foundation Cen...
Assistant (Asystent), Jagiellonian University, Poland, 12 days ago
Job posted by Jagiellonian University (16/07/2015 10.12) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for ...
Temporary Research Scientist I, GaTech, United States, 4 days ago
Position Summary Job Purpose: The primary responsibility is to provide support services in the operation and maintenance of undergraduate teaching laboratories. This will include performing analys...
Senior Scientist Bioanalytical Chemistry, BICRO BIOCENTRE Ltd., Croatia, 7 days ago
Job posted by BICRO BIOCENTRE Ltd. (20/07/2015 17.06) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Res...
Assistant Research Specialist, Texas A&M University, United States, 21 days ago
Posting Details Position Information Position Title Assistant Research Specialist Posting Title Assistant Research Specialist System Member Institution/Agency TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY (TAMU) Departmen...