- Be a part of Australia’s leading science and research organisation
- Analyse foods, food ingredients and other biological samples for nutritional/biochemical analytes
- Work in the Nutritional Analytical Laboratory
You will play a pivotal role within a highly synergistic team working closely with scientists and technical staff to analyse foods, food ingredients and biological samples of relevance to the research and development of dietary strategies to improve human health. This requires a unique combination of planning and organisational skills, analytical methods including wet chemistry, chromatographic (such as HPLC, GC) and spectrophotometric techniques, and technical experience working in a laboratory specialising in the analysis of food/biological samples.
Specifically you will:
- Analyse foods, food ingredients and other biological samples for nutritional/biochemical analytes by application of a variety of established methods including wet chemistry, spectrophotometric and chromatographic (HPLC, GC and HPIC) techniques;
- Assay development and preparation and maintenance of Safe Work Instructions;
- Assist with the collection, processing and appropriate storage of biological samples (urine, faeces, digesta, blood) for future analyses;
- Assist in the preparation and production of technical reports and presentations;
- Maintenance of analytical instrumentation (HPCL, GC, UV/Vis, plate readers);
- Maintain accurate records of all experimental work, including computer data management.
Location: Adelaide, SA
Salary: $59K to $79K p.a. plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 2 Year Term
Ref No.: SA14/00626
To be considered you will hold a tertiary qualification (Bachelor Degree, Diploma, Certificate or equivalent) in a relevant scientific discipline and/or equivalent experience.
You will also have:
- Experience working in a laboratory specialising in the analysis of food, food ingredients and or biological samples;
- High level of self motivation with good planning, organisational and task scheduling skills;
- Practical experience in analytical methods including wet chemistry, chromatographic (such as HPLC, GC) and ideally spectrophotometric techniques;
- Proven ability to work effectively and contribute to multidisciplinary research teams under limited supervision.
Australia is founding its future on science and innovation. Its national science agency, the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), is a powerhouse of ideas, technologies and skills for building prosperity, growth, health and sustainability. It serves governments, industries, business and communities.
About CSIRO Animal, Food and Health Sciences:
From the farm, to fork, to health, we're applying the latest in animal, life and food sciences to support a sustainable and healthy future for your industries and communities. For further information please see http://www.csiro.au/cafhsApplications close 30th March 2014 (11:30pm Adelaide time).
Click on the link below for the full position description and selection criteria.
SA14/00626 Position Details
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for - Internet Explorer 7.0 (or later browser versions), Safari, Firefox 3 (or later browser versions) and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any of the browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.
Hplc/Dad/Ms And Gc/Ms/Ms Analyses Of Plant Extracts, Semi Finished Products And Tuscan Traditional Foods , UNIVERSITA' STUDI FIRENZE-Dipartimento di Statistica-Informatica Applicazioni, Italy, 9 days ago
Fellowship posted by Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (27/06/2015 03.19) Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Excel...
Professor In Food Metabolomics Readvertisement 746608, Department of Food Science, Science and Technology, Aarhus University, Denmark, 9 days ago
Job posted by Science Careers (27/06/2015 02.30) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Research...
Analytical Chemists For Novo Nordisk Foundation Center For Biosustainability, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 3 days ago
Apply no later than 16 August 2015 Apply for the job at Center for Biosustainability by completing the following form. Apply online The analytical Core facility at the Novo Nordisk Foundation Cen...
Chromatography And Analytical Technician, University of Alberta, Canada, 27 days ago
Faculty of Agricultural, Life and Environmental Sciences - Central Labs General Competition No. - S108126591 Posting Date - Jun 09, 2015 Closing Date - Jun 16, 2015 Position Type - ...
Tenure Track Assistant Professorship In Plant Nutrition And Food Quality, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 4 days ago
Tenure-track assistant professorship in Plant Nutrition and Food Quality Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences Faculty of Science University of Copenhagen The University of Copenhagen, Fa...
Assistant Of Food Technology And Nutrition, WROCŁAW UNIVERSITY OF ENVIRONMENTAL AND LIFE SCIENCES, Poland, 17 days ago
Job posted by WROCŁAW UNIVERSITY OF ENVIRONMENTAL AND LIFE SCIENCES (19/06/2015 10.36) Assistant of food technology and nutrition Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded...