- Be a part of Australia’s leading science and research organisation
- Analyse foods, food ingredients and other biological samples for nutritional/biochemical analytes
- Work in the Nutritional Analytical Laboratory
You will play a pivotal role within a highly synergistic team working closely with scientists and technical staff to analyse foods, food ingredients and biological samples of relevance to the research and development of dietary strategies to improve human health. This requires a unique combination of planning and organisational skills, analytical methods including wet chemistry, chromatographic (such as HPLC, GC) and spectrophotometric techniques, and technical experience working in a laboratory specialising in the analysis of food/biological samples.
Specifically you will:
- Analyse foods, food ingredients and other biological samples for nutritional/biochemical analytes by application of a variety of established methods including wet chemistry, spectrophotometric and chromatographic (HPLC, GC and HPIC) techniques;
- Assay development and preparation and maintenance of Safe Work Instructions;
- Assist with the collection, processing and appropriate storage of biological samples (urine, faeces, digesta, blood) for future analyses;
- Assist in the preparation and production of technical reports and presentations;
- Maintenance of analytical instrumentation (HPCL, GC, UV/Vis, plate readers);
- Maintain accurate records of all experimental work, including computer data management.
Location: Adelaide, SA
Salary: $59K to $79K p.a. plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 2 Year Term
Ref No.: SA14/00626
To be considered you will hold a tertiary qualification (Bachelor Degree, Diploma, Certificate or equivalent) in a relevant scientific discipline and/or equivalent experience.
You will also have:
- Experience working in a laboratory specialising in the analysis of food, food ingredients and or biological samples;
- High level of self motivation with good planning, organisational and task scheduling skills;
- Practical experience in analytical methods including wet chemistry, chromatographic (such as HPLC, GC) and ideally spectrophotometric techniques;
- Proven ability to work effectively and contribute to multidisciplinary research teams under limited supervision.
Australia is founding its future on science and innovation. Its national science agency, the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), is a powerhouse of ideas, technologies and skills for building prosperity, growth, health and sustainability. It serves governments, industries, business and communities.
About CSIRO Animal, Food and Health Sciences:
From the farm, to fork, to health, we're applying the latest in animal, life and food sciences to support a sustainable and healthy future for your industries and communities. For further information please see http://www.csiro.au/cafhsApplications close 30th March 2014 (11:30pm Adelaide time).
Click on the link below for the full position description and selection criteria.
SA14/00626 Position Details
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for - Internet Explorer 7.0 (or later browser versions), Safari, Firefox 3 (or later browser versions) and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any of the browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.
Analyst Toxicology, Wageningen University and Research Center, Netherlands, 28 days ago
We are looking for At the sub-department of Toxicology, we are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced analytical chemical technical assistant. This assistant will perform analytical chemical ...
Yongkeun Joh Professorship Of Food Chemistry And Ingredient Technology, Cornell, United States, 12 days ago
Yongkeun Joh Professor of Food Chemistry and Ingredient Technology Assistant or Associate Professor 9 month academic year appointment - tenure track Department of Food Science College of Agricult...
Research Associate Analytical Chemistry, Texas A&M University, United States, 11 days ago
Posting Details Position Information Position Title Research Associate Posting Title Research Associate -Analytical Chemistry System Member Institution/Agency TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY (TAMU) Departmen...
Ices Research Engineer, A*STAR, Singapore, 20 days ago
Main duties and responsibilities are: · Conducting experiments involving (not restricted to) spray drying or hot –melt extrusion · Characterization and anal...
Ph D Student 'developing Novel Chemical Methods For Unravelling Marine Food Web Structures', NIOZ Royal Netherlands Institute for Sea Research, Netherlands, about 10 hours ago
Job posted by universitypositions (25/11/2014 09.43) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Rese...
Synthetic Exploitation Of Oxidoreductases And Hydrolases, Istituto di Chimica del Riconoscimento Molecolare, C.N.R., Italy, 24 days ago
Fellowship posted by Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (01/11/2014 03.01) Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Excel...