- Be a part of Australia’s leading science and research organisation
- Analyse foods, food ingredients and other biological samples for nutritional/biochemical analytes
- Work in the Nutritional Analytical Laboratory
You will play a pivotal role within a highly synergistic team working closely with scientists and technical staff to analyse foods, food ingredients and biological samples of relevance to the research and development of dietary strategies to improve human health. This requires a unique combination of planning and organisational skills, analytical methods including wet chemistry, chromatographic (such as HPLC, GC) and spectrophotometric techniques, and technical experience working in a laboratory specialising in the analysis of food/biological samples.
Specifically you will:
- Analyse foods, food ingredients and other biological samples for nutritional/biochemical analytes by application of a variety of established methods including wet chemistry, spectrophotometric and chromatographic (HPLC, GC and HPIC) techniques;
- Assay development and preparation and maintenance of Safe Work Instructions;
- Assist with the collection, processing and appropriate storage of biological samples (urine, faeces, digesta, blood) for future analyses;
- Assist in the preparation and production of technical reports and presentations;
- Maintenance of analytical instrumentation (HPCL, GC, UV/Vis, plate readers);
- Maintain accurate records of all experimental work, including computer data management.
Location: Adelaide, SA
Salary: $59K to $79K p.a. plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 2 Year Term
Ref No.: SA14/00626
To be considered you will hold a tertiary qualification (Bachelor Degree, Diploma, Certificate or equivalent) in a relevant scientific discipline and/or equivalent experience.
You will also have:
- Experience working in a laboratory specialising in the analysis of food, food ingredients and or biological samples;
- High level of self motivation with good planning, organisational and task scheduling skills;
- Practical experience in analytical methods including wet chemistry, chromatographic (such as HPLC, GC) and ideally spectrophotometric techniques;
- Proven ability to work effectively and contribute to multidisciplinary research teams under limited supervision.
Australia is founding its future on science and innovation. Its national science agency, the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), is a powerhouse of ideas, technologies and skills for building prosperity, growth, health and sustainability. It serves governments, industries, business and communities.
About CSIRO Animal, Food and Health Sciences:
From the farm, to fork, to health, we're applying the latest in animal, life and food sciences to support a sustainable and healthy future for your industries and communities. For further information please see http://www.csiro.au/cafhsApplications close 30th March 2014 (11:30pm Adelaide time).
Click on the link below for the full position description and selection criteria.
SA14/00626 Position Details
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for - Internet Explorer 7.0 (or later browser versions), Safari, Firefox 3 (or later browser versions) and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any of the browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.
Technical Assistant (Ac Fuldmægtig) In Analytical Chemistry, Syddansk University, Netherlands, about 10 hours ago
The Department of Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology and Environmental Technology, University of Southern Denmark in Odense, invites applicants for a vacant position as technical assistant within...
22550 Technician/Research Associate Food Solutions Plant & Food Research, Plant & Food Research, New Zealand, 5 days ago
Palmerston North | Vacancy 22550 At Plant & Food Research our Bioresources, Engineering & Chemistry Group develops innovative ingredients, processes and products from research into food and biores...
22511 Science Group Leader Bioresources Engineering & Chemistry, Food Innovation Plant & Food Research, Plant & Food Research, New Zealand, 9 days ago
Plant & Food Research is a New Zealand-based science company providing research and development outcomes that add value to horticultural, arable and marine products. Our science supports the susta...
Ph D Student Micromechanics Of 3 D Food Printing, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 5 hours ago
The Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) has the following vacancy PhD student "Micromechanics of 3D food printing" in the Mechanics of Materials group, Department of Mechanical Engineering D...
Advanced Practitioner, King's College Hospital, United Kingdom, about 19 hours ago
This advert is for a 12 months fixed term Advanced Practitioner post (Band 7/8a depending on experience to allow flexibility to encourage applications from the most appropriate candidate). This po...
Advanced Practitioner, King's College Hospital, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
This advert is for a 12 months fixed term Advanced Practitioner post (Band 7 depending on experience to allow flexibility to encourage applications from the most appropriate candidate). This post ...