- Be a part of Australia’s leading science and research organisation
- Analyse foods, food ingredients and other biological samples for nutritional/biochemical analytes
- Work in the Nutritional Analytical Laboratory
You will play a pivotal role within a highly synergistic team working closely with scientists and technical staff to analyse foods, food ingredients and biological samples of relevance to the research and development of dietary strategies to improve human health. This requires a unique combination of planning and organisational skills, analytical methods including wet chemistry, chromatographic (such as HPLC, GC) and spectrophotometric techniques, and technical experience working in a laboratory specialising in the analysis of food/biological samples.
Specifically you will:
- Analyse foods, food ingredients and other biological samples for nutritional/biochemical analytes by application of a variety of established methods including wet chemistry, spectrophotometric and chromatographic (HPLC, GC and HPIC) techniques;
- Assay development and preparation and maintenance of Safe Work Instructions;
- Assist with the collection, processing and appropriate storage of biological samples (urine, faeces, digesta, blood) for future analyses;
- Assist in the preparation and production of technical reports and presentations;
- Maintenance of analytical instrumentation (HPCL, GC, UV/Vis, plate readers);
- Maintain accurate records of all experimental work, including computer data management.
Location: Adelaide, SA
Salary: $59K to $79K p.a. plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 2 Year Term
Ref No.: SA14/00626
To be considered you will hold a tertiary qualification (Bachelor Degree, Diploma, Certificate or equivalent) in a relevant scientific discipline and/or equivalent experience.
You will also have:
- Experience working in a laboratory specialising in the analysis of food, food ingredients and or biological samples;
- High level of self motivation with good planning, organisational and task scheduling skills;
- Practical experience in analytical methods including wet chemistry, chromatographic (such as HPLC, GC) and ideally spectrophotometric techniques;
- Proven ability to work effectively and contribute to multidisciplinary research teams under limited supervision.
Australia is founding its future on science and innovation. Its national science agency, the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), is a powerhouse of ideas, technologies and skills for building prosperity, growth, health and sustainability. It serves governments, industries, business and communities.
About CSIRO Animal, Food and Health Sciences:
From the farm, to fork, to health, we're applying the latest in animal, life and food sciences to support a sustainable and healthy future for your industries and communities. For further information please see http://www.csiro.au/cafhsApplications close 30th March 2014 (11:30pm Adelaide time).
Click on the link below for the full position description and selection criteria.
SA14/00626 Position Details
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for - Internet Explorer 7.0 (or later browser versions), Safari, Firefox 3 (or later browser versions) and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any of the browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.
Compound Identification Analyst At Novo Nordisk Foundation Center For Biosustainability, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 17 days ago
Apply no later than 26 October 2014 Apply for the job at Center for Biosustainability by completing the following form. Apply online The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Biosustainability (CFB)...
12350 Senior Laboratory Tech/Data Analyst, Public And Environmental Affairs, Indiana University, United States, 19 days ago
Job Summary: This is highly advanced technical laboratory work performing a variety of tasks related to setup and execution of laboratory experiments related to the daily operations in the laborato...
Senior Scientist, Department of Food Chemistry and Toxicology, Austria, 20 days ago
Job posted by University of Vienna (JOBCENTER) (03/10/2014 00.15) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and ...
Assistant Technician Ag Research, AgResearch, New Zealand, 21 days ago
Technician - Proteins and Biomaterials AgResearch is globally recognised for its expertise in the biological sciences and domestically plays a key role in boosting productivity in New Zealand's pa...
Lecturer: Chemistry (Level B), University of South Australia, Australia, 9 days ago
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Innovation and entrepreneurship are instilled in our students through industry informed teaching and learning. As a dyna...
Postdoc Position On Reuse Of Water Streams In The Biotech And Food Industry, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 20 days ago
Apply no later than 17 October 2014 Apply for the job at DTU Chemical Eng. by completing the following form. Apply online A postdoctoral position is available within the CAPEC-PROCESS center at th...