- Be a part of Australia’s leading science and research organisation
- Analyse foods, food ingredients and other biological samples for nutritional/biochemical analytes
- Work in the Nutritional Analytical Laboratory
You will play a pivotal role within a highly synergistic team working closely with scientists and technical staff to analyse foods, food ingredients and biological samples of relevance to the research and development of dietary strategies to improve human health. This requires a unique combination of planning and organisational skills, analytical methods including wet chemistry, chromatographic (such as HPLC, GC) and spectrophotometric techniques, and technical experience working in a laboratory specialising in the analysis of food/biological samples.
Specifically you will:
- Analyse foods, food ingredients and other biological samples for nutritional/biochemical analytes by application of a variety of established methods including wet chemistry, spectrophotometric and chromatographic (HPLC, GC and HPIC) techniques;
- Assay development and preparation and maintenance of Safe Work Instructions;
- Assist with the collection, processing and appropriate storage of biological samples (urine, faeces, digesta, blood) for future analyses;
- Assist in the preparation and production of technical reports and presentations;
- Maintenance of analytical instrumentation (HPCL, GC, UV/Vis, plate readers);
- Maintain accurate records of all experimental work, including computer data management.
Location: Adelaide, SA
Salary: $59K to $79K p.a. plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 2 Year Term
Ref No.: SA14/00626
To be considered you will hold a tertiary qualification (Bachelor Degree, Diploma, Certificate or equivalent) in a relevant scientific discipline and/or equivalent experience.
You will also have:
- Experience working in a laboratory specialising in the analysis of food, food ingredients and or biological samples;
- High level of self motivation with good planning, organisational and task scheduling skills;
- Practical experience in analytical methods including wet chemistry, chromatographic (such as HPLC, GC) and ideally spectrophotometric techniques;
- Proven ability to work effectively and contribute to multidisciplinary research teams under limited supervision.
Australia is founding its future on science and innovation. Its national science agency, the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), is a powerhouse of ideas, technologies and skills for building prosperity, growth, health and sustainability. It serves governments, industries, business and communities.
About CSIRO Animal, Food and Health Sciences:
From the farm, to fork, to health, we're applying the latest in animal, life and food sciences to support a sustainable and healthy future for your industries and communities. For further information please see http://www.csiro.au/cafhsApplications close 30th March 2014 (11:30pm Adelaide time).
Click on the link below for the full position description and selection criteria.
SA14/00626 Position Details
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for - Internet Explorer 7.0 (or later browser versions), Safari, Firefox 3 (or later browser versions) and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any of the browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.
Biological Research Technician, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia, 6 days ago
Job Title Biological Research Technician Job Type Non-Academic Job Summary The Biological Research Technician will be instrumental in overseeing the development, inventory and functioning of pr...
Metabolomics Technologist, University of Alberta, Canada, 24 days ago
Department of Computing Science Competition No. - S116525405 Posting Date - Nov 27, 2014 Closing Date - Dec 05, 2014 Hourly Rate - $22.96 - $30.75 Grade - 06 Hours - 35 Thi...
Ph D In Organisms And Environment: Developing Innovative Marker Systems, Cardiff University, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
Job posted by Cardiff University (02/12/2014 17.54) PhD in Organisms and Environment: Developing Innovative Marker Systems Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to ins...
Research Officer: Analytical Chemist, A*STAR, Singapore, 27 days ago
Main Purpose of the Job: To provide quality control of radiopharmaceuticals produced for clinical use at CIRC. Responsibilities: · Performing analytical chemistry methods (HPLC, GC etc) for e...
Yongkeun Joh Professor Of Food Chemistry And Ingredient Technology, email@example.com, United States, 18 days ago
Job posted by Science Careers (04/12/2014 09.53) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Research...
Ph D Student 'developing Novel Chemical Methods For Unravelling Marine Food Web Structures', NIOZ Royal Netherlands Institute for Sea Research, Netherlands, 27 days ago
Job posted by universitypositions (25/11/2014 09.43) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Rese...