Rachael Fontana Memorial Bursary for Steele Rudd
USQ in 2012, will offer one Rachael Fontana Memorial Bursary to an undergraduate student continuing full-time on-campus study at Steele Rudd College, at USQ Toowoomba campus. The Bursary is equity based and is awarded in Semester 1 to a student studying in any degree who originates from a rural or remote area, and is undergoing financial hardship.
The Bursary is in loving memory of Rachael Lee Fontana. Rachael was born in 1985 and attended USQ in 2004. She lived a vibrant life on-campus at Steele Rudd College where she studied her degree in a Bachelor of Visual Arts. From early childhood, Rachael’s ambition was to become a Cartoonist/Artist. Although, she did not complete her degree, her enthusiasm and dedication to art assured that her dream was becoming a reality. Unfortunately, her ambition was destroyed by a tragic accident which claimed her and her unborn child in 2009. She was well-respected for her generosity and benevolence towards the underprivileged. She derived joy from affording pleasure to others and Toowoomba was special to her. The Bursary reflects Rachael’s joyous experiences of college life and her compassion to help others.
The student who is awarded the Bursary will receive a maximum value of $2000.
- be citizens of Australia or have permanent resident status
- entering into the second, third or final year of a bachelor degree, full-time, on-campus at USQ Toowoomba campus
- be living on-campus at Steele Rudd College, in Toowoomba
- Applications must be received by the closing date and in writing.
- Maximum of three (3) short-listed applicants.
- The duration of the Bursary is for one year.
- Bursary recipients may be asked to participate, for not more than 5 hours, of the year of receipt of their bursary, in assisting to promote USQ as required.
- Recipients may be asked to participate in focus group research.
- The Bursary will be forfeited if, during the Bursary period, the recipient:
- changes their mode of study from on-campus to external or full-time to part-time study, unless exceptional circumstances prevent full-time study
- defers their program of study
- no longer resides at Steele Rudd College
- withdraws from study at USQ
- Bursaries are not transferable to other students in any circumstances.
- One Bursary will be awarded each year to the applicant deemed most deserving by the Bursary selection panel. The decision of the panel is final.
- The Donor and USQ reserve the right to not award the Bursary in a given year.
- The Donor and USQ reserve the right to alter the conditions of the Bursary based upon exceptional circumstances.
- Preference will be given to a new recipient of the Bursary in the consecutive years.
The Bursary will be paid directly to the recipient in a nominated bank account, by electronic funds transfer (EFT) as a lump sum payment of $2000 in Semester 1 after the Census date (the last date to drop courses).
- provide evidence of being from a rural or remote area of Australia, e.g. drivers licence, academic transcripts (showing schools attended).
- provide evidence of financial hardship e.g. Centrelink documents
Applicants may also include, a personal statement (no more than one page), outlining:
- why you believe you deserve this Bursary
- how this Bursary will assist you
- explaination of your financial situation (if Centrelink information is unavailable).
- meet the eligibility requirements outlined above.
To apply for this Bursary you must complete the USQ Continuing Students Scholarship Application Form (PDF* 83KB), and forward the application and all supporting documents to:
Private and Confidential
University of Southern Queensland
Toowoomba QLD 4350
To demonstrate financial hardship, applicants must attach supporting documents, as defined in the frequently asked questions section.
Applicants may be required for an interview and are asked to maintain up-to-date USQ personal details via UConnect. Successful applicants will be advised by mail.
Applications for this Bursary must be received by 5.00pm Friday 16 March 2012 for Semester 1, 2012.
University of Southern Queensland
Phone: 1800 269 500
*This site uses files in Portable Document Format (PDF) which require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader. A free copy of Acrobat Reader may be obtained from Adobe. Users who are unable to access information in PDF format should contact Customer Relationship Management Centre, telephone 1800 269 500 to obtain this information in an alternative format.
Ph D Scholarship In Multimedia Signal Processing, Instituto Superior Técnico / University of Lisbon, Portugal, 11 days ago
Instituto de Telecomunicações / Instituto Superior Técnico, at University of Lisbon (Portugal), is offering a PhD Scholarship in Multimedia Signal Processing in the context of the...
Ph D Opportunity: The Role Of Duckweed In Controlling Nutrient Levels In A Flow Controlled Split Pond Aquaculture Systems, Dublin Institute of Technology, Ireland, 2 days ago
Job posted by Dublin Institute of Technology (27/07/2016 14.48) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Co...
Ph D Studentship, Edinburgh Napier University, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
PhD Studentship Department The School of Life, Sport and Social Sciences Job Type Full Time Contract Type Fixed Term Job Summary PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE RIGHT-HAND SIDE OF THE PAGE...
Ovrf Maki Shiobara Scholarship Puca1005, University of New South Wales, Australia, 26 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage First year students, Second year students, Third year and above, Honours year students, Postgraduate students Opens 04/07/2016 Closing Date 30/11/2016 For commencemen...
Life Sciences Ph D Studentship, Anglia Ruskin University, United Kingdom, 26 days ago
The Department of Life Sciences operates within the Faculty of Science and Technology, on the Cambridge campus. It is a dynamic, successful and rapidly growing department, with two core research g...
Fully Funded Ph D Studentships, Lancaster University, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Fully Funded PhD Studentships Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implemen...