Rachael Fontana Memorial Bursary for Steele Rudd
USQ in 2012, will offer one Rachael Fontana Memorial Bursary to an undergraduate student continuing full-time on-campus study at Steele Rudd College, at USQ Toowoomba campus. The Bursary is equity based and is awarded in Semester 1 to a student studying in any degree who originates from a rural or remote area, and is undergoing financial hardship.
The Bursary is in loving memory of Rachael Lee Fontana. Rachael was born in 1985 and attended USQ in 2004. She lived a vibrant life on-campus at Steele Rudd College where she studied her degree in a Bachelor of Visual Arts. From early childhood, Rachael’s ambition was to become a Cartoonist/Artist. Although, she did not complete her degree, her enthusiasm and dedication to art assured that her dream was becoming a reality. Unfortunately, her ambition was destroyed by a tragic accident which claimed her and her unborn child in 2009. She was well-respected for her generosity and benevolence towards the underprivileged. She derived joy from affording pleasure to others and Toowoomba was special to her. The Bursary reflects Rachael’s joyous experiences of college life and her compassion to help others.
The student who is awarded the Bursary will receive a maximum value of $2000.
- be citizens of Australia or have permanent resident status
- entering into the second, third or final year of a bachelor degree, full-time, on-campus at USQ Toowoomba campus
- be living on-campus at Steele Rudd College, in Toowoomba
- Applications must be received by the closing date and in writing.
- Maximum of three (3) short-listed applicants.
- The duration of the Bursary is for one year.
- Bursary recipients may be asked to participate, for not more than 5 hours, of the year of receipt of their bursary, in assisting to promote USQ as required.
- Recipients may be asked to participate in focus group research.
- The Bursary will be forfeited if, during the Bursary period, the recipient:
- changes their mode of study from on-campus to external or full-time to part-time study, unless exceptional circumstances prevent full-time study
- defers their program of study
- no longer resides at Steele Rudd College
- withdraws from study at USQ
- Bursaries are not transferable to other students in any circumstances.
- One Bursary will be awarded each year to the applicant deemed most deserving by the Bursary selection panel. The decision of the panel is final.
- The Donor and USQ reserve the right to not award the Bursary in a given year.
- The Donor and USQ reserve the right to alter the conditions of the Bursary based upon exceptional circumstances.
- Preference will be given to a new recipient of the Bursary in the consecutive years.
The Bursary will be paid directly to the recipient in a nominated bank account, by electronic funds transfer (EFT) as a lump sum payment of $2000 in Semester 1 after the Census date (the last date to drop courses).
- provide evidence of being from a rural or remote area of Australia, e.g. drivers licence, academic transcripts (showing schools attended).
- provide evidence of financial hardship e.g. Centrelink documents
Applicants may also include, a personal statement (no more than one page), outlining:
- why you believe you deserve this Bursary
- how this Bursary will assist you
- explaination of your financial situation (if Centrelink information is unavailable).
- meet the eligibility requirements outlined above.
To apply for this Bursary you must complete the USQ Continuing Students Scholarship Application Form (PDF* 83KB), and forward the application and all supporting documents to:
Private and Confidential
University of Southern Queensland
Toowoomba QLD 4350
To demonstrate financial hardship, applicants must attach supporting documents, as defined in the frequently asked questions section.
Applicants may be required for an interview and are asked to maintain up-to-date USQ personal details via UConnect. Successful applicants will be advised by mail.
Applications for this Bursary must be received by 5.00pm Friday 16 March 2012 for Semester 1, 2012.
University of Southern Queensland
Phone: 1800 269 500
*This site uses files in Portable Document Format (PDF) which require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader. A free copy of Acrobat Reader may be obtained from Adobe. Users who are unable to access information in PDF format should contact Customer Relationship Management Centre, telephone 1800 269 500 to obtain this information in an alternative format.
Ph D Position: Neural Mechanisms Underlying The Interlimb Transfer Of Motor Learning With Dr Sarlegna And Prof. Felician, In Marseille, France, Aix-Marseille University CNRS, France, 29 days ago
We are seeking a candidate for a PhD fellowship to work in collaboration with Dr. Fabrice SARLEGNA (Institute of Movement Sciences) and Pr. Olivier FELICIAN (Institute of Systems Neuroscience) in M...
Ph.D Position At Vedecom On 'smart Radio Resource Management In Heterogeneous Its G5 / 5 G Vehicular Networks', VEDECOM Institute, France, 24 days ago
MISSION AND ACTIVITIES--------------------------------Nowadays, the security of traditional and autonomous vehicles is one of the most important issues facing automotive industries and researchers....
A Better Florist Scholarship Programme, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, about 2 hours ago
Value: Up to $4000 Tenure of award: Offered Annually Closing dates for applications: 30 October 2017 Send us your proposals from now till 30 October 2017 to stand a chance to be bloomed with our s...
Rolls Royce Sponsored Ph D Scholarship – Waterjet Controlled Depth (Milling) Machining Of Aerospace Materials With Stratified Structures, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, about 10 hours ago
ReferenceENG1098Closing DateThursday, 20th July 2017DepartmentEngineering Applications are invited to undertake a 3 year PhD programme in partnership with industry to address key challenges in man...
Epsrc Industrial Case Ph D Studentship (3 Years) Deep Learning By Topographic Cascaded Kernel Networks, Aston University, United Kingdom, 24 days ago
View All Vacancies Engineering and Applied Science - Studentships Contract Type: Fixed Term Basis: Full Time Closing Date: Wednesday 31 May 2017 Reference: R170153 Applications are invited for a...
Ph D Scholarship: Lightfields And Holography Representation, Intituto de Telecomunicações, Portugal, 24 days ago
Workplan: Lightfields and Holography Representation. The EmergIMG project results from a Portuguese consortium that targets to design a common framework for the representation and quality ass...