Monash University > Scholarships > Opportunities >
MRS Residential Indigenous Leadership Pathway Scholarship
Total value up to $3000
- $3000 payable as ten $300 monthly rebates (February to November) paid to the student's Monash Residential Services (MRS) account for one year only.
- Half scholarships valued as $1500 and payable as ten $150 rebates are also available.
- If you receive the scholarship after February, you will receive the scholarship for the remainder of the residential year (ie from July-November) at the rate of $300 per month.
- Up to five scholarships will be offered in 2013, or equivalent half scholarships.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities which may include public speaking experience and experience holding office-bearer positions on committees and clubs.
- Evidence of significant active involvement within the Indigenous community
- Capacity and willingness to act as an ambassador on behalf of Indigenous people at MRS events and activities throughout the year.
All conditions must be met
- Indigenous Australian background
- Commencing or continuing full-time student in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at a Monash campus in Australia
- Intending to live at MRS
- You must remain a resident in MRS
- You must maintain full-time enrolment and a pass average (50%) each semester.
- You must not be in breach of any current MRS conditions of residency
Application and other information
- Cannot be deferred
- Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an interview
- Find out more about application information
John Monash Scholarships, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 20 days ago
In 2003 the General Sir John Monash Scholarships were launched. Since this time, they have become Australia's most prestigious postgraduate scholarships Which recognise leadership capability, acad...
Murray King Memorial Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 24 days ago
Value: Up to $2,000. Tenure of award: Tenable for one year. Closing dates for applications: 31 December 2015 31 December 2016 Number of awards offered: Generally one per year. History or backgroun...
John Hughes Memorial Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 20 days ago
Established in 2009 in memory of UTS staff member and respected IT academic, John Hughes, this scholarship is supported by donations from The Australian Computer Society, Codesmiths, UTS alumni an...
Ph D Candidate In Ancient Rhetoric 0,8 1,0 Fte, Radboud University, Netherlands, 27 days ago
At Radboud University, we do research and teach programmes covering the full width of the academic spectrum. We do this on a green, modern campus with state-of-the-art facilities. The atmosphere o...
Fully Funded Ph D Positions, Institute of Science and Technology Austria (IST Austria), Austria, 19 days ago
Fully Funded PhD PositionsInstitute of Science and Technology Austria (IST Austria)The Institute of Science and Technology Austria (IST Austria) is looking for highly qualified candidates with bach...
Dr Bob Morgan Exchange Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 20 days ago
This exchange scholarship is named in honour of Dr Bob Morgan, the former Director of Jumbunna Indigenous House of Learning from 1987 to 1991. This scholarship is available to an Indigenous studen...