To be eligible, you must be:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa, or
- an international student, and
- a current full-time undergraduate or postgraduate student enrolled at a Monash campus in Australia, and
- have been appointed a Resident Advisor with Monash Residential Services (MRS).
The scholarship is awarded based on an interview process conducted by the College Head and/or MRS Manager. The selection criteria include a combination of academic achievement, leadership skills, good communication skills, maturity, enthusiasm, initiative, extra-curricular interests and participation and career interests. Coursework students must have achieved a minimum of a pass grade average (50 per cent) in the previous academic year. For research students the students position on the faculty's scholarship Order of Merit list as determined by the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research and Research Training), will be considered.Value and number available
Half scholarship: $1927.50 (2011 rate) payable in ten monthly rental rebates against the student's MRS account from February to November each year.
Full scholarship: $3855.00 (2011 rate) payable in ten monthly rental rebates against the student's MRS account from February to November each year.
These rebates are paid at the start of each month for the current month. Additional payments of $385.50 per month (2011 rate) may also be payable for those whose scholarship is, depending on the resident occupancy levels and at the discretion of the College Head and/or site manager, extended over the summer vacation months of December and January.
If the scholarship is determined to be awarded for a period of less than ten months, it will be awarded on a monthly pro-rata basis.
The number available is variable depending on funding.Retention
- remain in residency with Monash Residential Services
- maintain full-time enrolment. Variation to this is subject to special consideration from the Director, Monash Residential Services; written permission must be sought from the Director for this scholarship to be granted/retained should residential advisor move from full-time to part-time enrolment
- not be in breach of any current Monash Residential Services - Conditions of Residency. Refer to http://mrs.monash.edu/on-campus-accommodation/regulations-and-policies/index.html
- maintain a minimum of a pass weighted average mark (50 per cent)
- adhere to the MRS Resident Advisor Role Expectations and Behaviour Guidelines available at http://mrs.monash.edu/on-campus-accommodation/regulations-and-policies/index.html.
All applicants for the position of MRS Resident Advisor will be automatically assessed.Deferability
This scholarship cannot be deferred.
Takamuna Scholarship For Accommodation (Icas), University of Tasmania, Australia, about 3 hours ago
takamuna Scholarship for Accommodation (ICAS) The Indigenous Student Success Program (ISSP) has been introduced by the Federal Government from 1 January 2017. This new program combines the Indige...
Ph D Studentship Standardisation Of Magnetic Resonance Imaging In Radiotherapy, University of Surrey, United Kingdom, about 8 hours ago
View All Vacancies Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering Location: Guildford Post Type: Full Time Advert Placed: Friday 21 April 2017 Closing Date: Monday 03 July 2017 Reference: ...
Westpac Asian Exchange Scholarship Ugtr1040, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 14 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Second year students, Third year and above Opens 11/04/2017 Closing Date See below For commencement Semester 2 2018 Value $12,000 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year ...
New Colombo Plan Scholarship Program Ugtr1037, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 14 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage First year students, Second year students, Third year and above Opens 11/04/2017 Closing Date 31/05/2017 For commencement Semester 1 2018 Value $67,000 Scholarship(s)...
Ronald Lu Travelling Scholarship In Architecture Ugtr1017, University of New South Wales, Australia, 13 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Third year and above, Postgraduate students Opens 11/04/2017 Closing Date 31/05/2017 For commencement Semester 1 2018 Value $5,000 2 Scholarship(s) available For 1 ye...
Ph D Studentship In Enhanced Em/Rf Modelling And Design For Ultra Fast Digital Communications And 21 Cm Cosmology (Fixed Term), University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, about 2 hours ago
The Astrophysics Group of the Department of Physics, University of Cambridge, and British Telecommunications Plc invite applications for an Industrial CASE funded studentship in enhanced EM/RF mod...