To be eligible, you must be:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa, or
- an international student, and
- a current full-time undergraduate or postgraduate student enrolled at a Monash campus in Australia, and
- have been appointed a Resident Advisor with Monash Residential Services (MRS).
The scholarship is awarded based on an interview process conducted by the College Head and/or MRS Manager. The selection criteria include a combination of academic achievement, leadership skills, good communication skills, maturity, enthusiasm, initiative, extra-curricular interests and participation and career interests. Coursework students must have achieved a minimum of a pass grade average (50 per cent) in the previous academic year. For research students the students position on the faculty's scholarship Order of Merit list as determined by the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research and Research Training), will be considered.Value and number available
Half scholarship: $1927.50 (2011 rate) payable in ten monthly rental rebates against the student's MRS account from February to November each year.
Full scholarship: $3855.00 (2011 rate) payable in ten monthly rental rebates against the student's MRS account from February to November each year.
These rebates are paid at the start of each month for the current month. Additional payments of $385.50 per month (2011 rate) may also be payable for those whose scholarship is, depending on the resident occupancy levels and at the discretion of the College Head and/or site manager, extended over the summer vacation months of December and January.
If the scholarship is determined to be awarded for a period of less than ten months, it will be awarded on a monthly pro-rata basis.
The number available is variable depending on funding.Retention
- remain in residency with Monash Residential Services
- maintain full-time enrolment. Variation to this is subject to special consideration from the Director, Monash Residential Services; written permission must be sought from the Director for this scholarship to be granted/retained should residential advisor move from full-time to part-time enrolment
- not be in breach of any current Monash Residential Services - Conditions of Residency. Refer to http://mrs.monash.edu/on-campus-accommodation/regulations-and-policies/index.html
- maintain a minimum of a pass weighted average mark (50 per cent)
- adhere to the MRS Resident Advisor Role Expectations and Behaviour Guidelines available at http://mrs.monash.edu/on-campus-accommodation/regulations-and-policies/index.html.
All applicants for the position of MRS Resident Advisor will be automatically assessed.Deferability
This scholarship cannot be deferred.
John Monash Scholarships, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 22 days ago
In 2003 the General Sir John Monash Scholarships were launched. Since this time, they have become Australia's most prestigious postgraduate scholarships Which recognise leadership capability, acad...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Oncology: Improving Prognostication In Advanced Ovarian Cancer, University of Sydney, Australia, 20 days ago
Funding Body: The University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Oncology: Improving Prognostication in Advanced Ovarian Cancer Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research ...
Dr Bob Morgan Exchange Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 22 days ago
This exchange scholarship is named in honour of Dr Bob Morgan, the former Director of Jumbunna Indigenous House of Learning from 1987 to 1991. This scholarship is available to an Indigenous studen...
Residence Life Live In Position, University of Alaska, United States, 13 days ago
Job Posting Summary The Department of Residence Life is actively recruiting for potential openings this spring semester for live-in student staff in four areas: Resident Advisors (RAs), Community...
Cox Architecture Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 22 days ago
The aim of the Cox Architecture Scholarship is to encourage academic excellence in the Bachelor of Design in Architecture degree and provide the opportunity for a student to gain insight into the ...
Michael Whitbread Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 22 days ago
The Michael Whitbread Scholarship is a travel grant awarded to a UTS Bachelor of Laws or Juris Doctor student. This scholarship is intended to assist with travel costs to London, United Kingdom, f...