To be eligible, you must be:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa, or
- an international student, and
- a current full-time undergraduate or postgraduate student enrolled at a Monash campus in Australia, and
- have been appointed a Resident Advisor with Monash Residential Services (MRS).
The scholarship is awarded based on an interview process conducted by the College Head and/or MRS Manager. The selection criteria include a combination of academic achievement, leadership skills, good communication skills, maturity, enthusiasm, initiative, extra-curricular interests and participation and career interests. Coursework students must have achieved a minimum of a pass grade average (50 per cent) in the previous academic year. For research students the students position on the faculty's scholarship Order of Merit list as determined by the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research and Research Training), will be considered.Value and number available
Half scholarship: $1927.50 (2011 rate) payable in ten monthly rental rebates against the student's MRS account from February to November each year.
Full scholarship: $3855.00 (2011 rate) payable in ten monthly rental rebates against the student's MRS account from February to November each year.
These rebates are paid at the start of each month for the current month. Additional payments of $385.50 per month (2011 rate) may also be payable for those whose scholarship is, depending on the resident occupancy levels and at the discretion of the College Head and/or site manager, extended over the summer vacation months of December and January.
If the scholarship is determined to be awarded for a period of less than ten months, it will be awarded on a monthly pro-rata basis.
The number available is variable depending on funding.Retention
- remain in residency with Monash Residential Services
- maintain full-time enrolment. Variation to this is subject to special consideration from the Director, Monash Residential Services; written permission must be sought from the Director for this scholarship to be granted/retained should residential advisor move from full-time to part-time enrolment
- not be in breach of any current Monash Residential Services - Conditions of Residency. Refer to http://mrs.monash.edu/on-campus-accommodation/regulations-and-policies/index.html
- maintain a minimum of a pass weighted average mark (50 per cent)
- adhere to the MRS Resident Advisor Role Expectations and Behaviour Guidelines available at http://mrs.monash.edu/on-campus-accommodation/regulations-and-policies/index.html.
All applicants for the position of MRS Resident Advisor will be automatically assessed.Deferability
This scholarship cannot be deferred.
Dream New Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, about 3 hours ago
Value: Varies - up to NZD$ 12,500(approx. 7,500 €) Tenure of award: “Dream NEW” Scholarships are valued at up to NZD$12,500 (approx. 7,500 €) and will support you to study at one of New Zealand’s ...
Ph D Studentship: A.G.Leventis Ph D Studentship Nanotechnology, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, about 4 hours ago
Nanoelectronics and Nanotechnology Location: Highfield Campus Closing Date: Saturday 30 September 2017 Reference: 873317FP A.G.Leventis PhD Studentship - Nanotechnology Nanoelectronics and Nanotec...
The Ivhq Teach & Volunteer Abroad Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, about 3 hours ago
Value: See "Additional Information". Tenure of award: The scholarship recipient can travel to the destination of choice on any date between July 2017 and July 2018, after completing the online CCE...
Ph D Studentship: Bio Inspired Nanosensors, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, about 4 hours ago
Nanoelectronics and Nanotechnology Location: Highfield Campus Closing Date: Wednesday 31 May 2017 Reference: 867217FP PhD Studentship - Bio-inspired Nanosensors Nanoelectronics and Nanotechnology ...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Contaminant Hydrology, University of Sydney, Australia, about 22 hours ago
Funding Body: School of Civil Engineering Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Contaminant Hydrology Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: The proposed proje...
Usq Advance Queensland Ph D Scholarship, University of Southern Queensland, Australia, about 11 hours ago
A USQ Advance Queensland PhD scholarship is available for a self-driven student to work in the area of Internet of Things (IoT)/Mobile Computing with expertise and interest in Machine Learning in ...