To be eligible, you must be:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa, or
- an international student, and
- a current full-time undergraduate or postgraduate student enrolled at a Monash campus in Australia, and
- have been appointed a Resident Advisor with Monash Residential Services (MRS).
The scholarship is awarded based on an interview process conducted by the College Head and/or MRS Manager. The selection criteria include a combination of academic achievement, leadership skills, good communication skills, maturity, enthusiasm, initiative, extra-curricular interests and participation and career interests. Coursework students must have achieved a minimum of a pass grade average (50 per cent) in the previous academic year. For research students the students position on the faculty's scholarship Order of Merit list as determined by the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research and Research Training), will be considered.Value and number available
Half scholarship: $1927.50 (2011 rate) payable in ten monthly rental rebates against the student's MRS account from February to November each year.
Full scholarship: $3855.00 (2011 rate) payable in ten monthly rental rebates against the student's MRS account from February to November each year.
These rebates are paid at the start of each month for the current month. Additional payments of $385.50 per month (2011 rate) may also be payable for those whose scholarship is, depending on the resident occupancy levels and at the discretion of the College Head and/or site manager, extended over the summer vacation months of December and January.
If the scholarship is determined to be awarded for a period of less than ten months, it will be awarded on a monthly pro-rata basis.
The number available is variable depending on funding.Retention
- remain in residency with Monash Residential Services
- maintain full-time enrolment. Variation to this is subject to special consideration from the Director, Monash Residential Services; written permission must be sought from the Director for this scholarship to be granted/retained should residential advisor move from full-time to part-time enrolment
- not be in breach of any current Monash Residential Services - Conditions of Residency. Refer to http://mrs.monash.edu/on-campus-accommodation/regulations-and-policies/index.html
- maintain a minimum of a pass weighted average mark (50 per cent)
- adhere to the MRS Resident Advisor Role Expectations and Behaviour Guidelines available at http://mrs.monash.edu/on-campus-accommodation/regulations-and-policies/index.html.
All applicants for the position of MRS Resident Advisor will be automatically assessed.Deferability
This scholarship cannot be deferred.
Santos Scholarships (Ucl Australia) , University College London, United Kingdom, 25 days ago
Santos Scholarships for study at University College London (Australia) Scholarship Regulations Each year the UCL School of Energy and Resources, Australia awards up to five Santos Scholarships to ...
John Monash Scholarship, RMIT University, Australia, 23 days ago
Level 1, Bennelong House, 9 Queen ST, Melbourne, VIC, Australia. info@JOHNMONASH.COM (613) 9620 2428 Home Home About Foundation Scholar Alumni Sponsors Applicants News and Events John Monash Conta...
John Xxiii College Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander (Indigenous) Equity Scholarships, Australian National University, Australia, 26 days ago
Overview The John XXIII College Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (Indigenous) Equity Scholarship Programme co-partners the Tjabal Indigenous Higher Education Centre and the Yalari Foundation ...
Minoru Kokari Scholarship For Fieldwork, RMIT University, Australia, 25 days ago
Hokari Scholarship 2014 applications are now open. Applications close 1 April 2014. School of History Coombs Building #9 Fellows Road Australian National University ACT ACT 0200 2014 Winner The...
Menzies Scholarships To Harvard, Australian National University, Australia, 26 days ago
Overview Sponsored by The Harvard Club of Australia, The Menzies Foundation and The Australian National University. The Robert Gordon Menzies Scholarships to Harvard are Australia's most prestigio...
Residence Life Live In Position, University of Alaska, United States, 3 days ago
Job Posting Summary The Department of Residence Life is actively recruiting for live-in student staff in four areas: Resident Advisors (RAs), Community Assistants (CAs), Residential Academic Coac...