To be eligible, you must be:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa, or
- an international student, and
- a current full-time undergraduate or postgraduate student enrolled at a Monash campus in Australia, and
- have been appointed a Resident Advisor with Monash Residential Services (MRS).
The scholarship is awarded based on an interview process conducted by the College Head and/or MRS Manager. The selection criteria include a combination of academic achievement, leadership skills, good communication skills, maturity, enthusiasm, initiative, extra-curricular interests and participation and career interests. Coursework students must have achieved a minimum of a pass grade average (50 per cent) in the previous academic year. For research students the students position on the faculty's scholarship Order of Merit list as determined by the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research and Research Training), will be considered.Value and number available
Half scholarship: $1927.50 (2011 rate) payable in ten monthly rental rebates against the student's MRS account from February to November each year.
Full scholarship: $3855.00 (2011 rate) payable in ten monthly rental rebates against the student's MRS account from February to November each year.
These rebates are paid at the start of each month for the current month. Additional payments of $385.50 per month (2011 rate) may also be payable for those whose scholarship is, depending on the resident occupancy levels and at the discretion of the College Head and/or site manager, extended over the summer vacation months of December and January.
If the scholarship is determined to be awarded for a period of less than ten months, it will be awarded on a monthly pro-rata basis.
The number available is variable depending on funding.Retention
- remain in residency with Monash Residential Services
- maintain full-time enrolment. Variation to this is subject to special consideration from the Director, Monash Residential Services; written permission must be sought from the Director for this scholarship to be granted/retained should residential advisor move from full-time to part-time enrolment
- not be in breach of any current Monash Residential Services - Conditions of Residency. Refer to http://mrs.monash.edu/on-campus-accommodation/regulations-and-policies/index.html
- maintain a minimum of a pass weighted average mark (50 per cent)
- adhere to the MRS Resident Advisor Role Expectations and Behaviour Guidelines available at http://mrs.monash.edu/on-campus-accommodation/regulations-and-policies/index.html.
All applicants for the position of MRS Resident Advisor will be automatically assessed.Deferability
This scholarship cannot be deferred.
John Monash Scholarship, RMIT University, Australia, 12 days ago
Warning : Class __PHP_Incomplete_Class has no unserializer in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas09_data02/37/2584137/html/wp-content/object-cache.php on line 1905 Warning : Class __PHP_Incomplete_Class h...
Uon Sports Scholarships, The University of Newcastle, Australia, about 13 hours ago
Establishment These scholarships are offered to encourage and support students with demonstrated sporting ability, and to contribute to the sporting achievements of the University. The purpose of ...
Ph D Studentship: Long Term Autonomy For Robust Multirobot Systems, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
Agents, Interactions & Complexity Location: Highfield Campus Closing Date: Thursday 31 August 2017 Reference: 827917FP Project Theme: Fault tolerance, Multirobot systems, Swarm robotics Supervisor...
Future Of Change Scholarships Ugce1283, University of New South Wales, Australia, 16 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers, First year students, Second year students, Third year and above, Postgraduate students Opens 09/01/2017 Closing Date 30/05/2017 For commencement ...
Ph D Studentship: Bio Inspired Nanosensors, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
Nanoelectronics and Nanotechnology Location: Highfield Campus Closing Date: Wednesday 31 May 2017 Reference: 828717FP PhD Studentship - Bio-inspired Nanosensors Nanoelectronics and Nanotechnology ...
School Of Mathematics And Statistics Indigenous Scholarship Ugce1268, University of New South Wales, Australia, 15 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers, First year students Opens 09/01/2017 Closing Date 31/01/2017 For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $5,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For Durati...