To be eligible, you must be:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa, or
- an international student, and
- a current full-time undergraduate or postgraduate student enrolled at a Monash campus in Australia, and
- have been appointed a Resident Advisor with Monash Residential Services (MRS).
The scholarship is awarded based on an interview process conducted by the College Head and/or MRS Manager. The selection criteria include a combination of academic achievement, leadership skills, good communication skills, maturity, enthusiasm, initiative, extra-curricular interests and participation and career interests. Coursework students must have achieved a minimum of a pass grade average (50 per cent) in the previous academic year. For research students the students position on the faculty's scholarship Order of Merit list as determined by the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research and Research Training), will be considered.Value and number available
Half scholarship: $1927.50 (2011 rate) payable in ten monthly rental rebates against the student's MRS account from February to November each year.
Full scholarship: $3855.00 (2011 rate) payable in ten monthly rental rebates against the student's MRS account from February to November each year.
These rebates are paid at the start of each month for the current month. Additional payments of $385.50 per month (2011 rate) may also be payable for those whose scholarship is, depending on the resident occupancy levels and at the discretion of the College Head and/or site manager, extended over the summer vacation months of December and January.
If the scholarship is determined to be awarded for a period of less than ten months, it will be awarded on a monthly pro-rata basis.
The number available is variable depending on funding.Retention
- remain in residency with Monash Residential Services
- maintain full-time enrolment. Variation to this is subject to special consideration from the Director, Monash Residential Services; written permission must be sought from the Director for this scholarship to be granted/retained should residential advisor move from full-time to part-time enrolment
- not be in breach of any current Monash Residential Services - Conditions of Residency. Refer to http://mrs.monash.edu/on-campus-accommodation/regulations-and-policies/index.html
- maintain a minimum of a pass weighted average mark (50 per cent)
- adhere to the MRS Resident Advisor Role Expectations and Behaviour Guidelines available at http://mrs.monash.edu/on-campus-accommodation/regulations-and-policies/index.html.
All applicants for the position of MRS Resident Advisor will be automatically assessed.Deferability
This scholarship cannot be deferred.
Residence Life Live In Position Fall '16 Spring'17, University of Alaska, United States, 10 days ago
Job Posting Summary The Department of Residence Life is actively recruiting for potential openings for the upcoming academic year (Fall 2016-Spring 2017). We are hiring student staff in four area...
Te Mana O Te Awa Scholarships, Massey University, New Zealand, 23 days ago
Closing date: 22/02/2016 Te Mana o Te Awa Scholarships aim to grow the collective expertise of Whanganui Iwi to contribute to and enhance the health and well-being of the Whanganui River (Te Awa T...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Biospectroscopy And Chemometrics, University of Sydney, Australia, 5 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Biospectroscopy and Chemometrics Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: An ARC-funded ...
Ph D Scholarship In Optimizing Absorption Of Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids In Infants Fed Infant Formula In The Systems Metabolic Lipidology Group, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 25 days ago
Apply no later than 12 February 2016 Apply for the job at DTU Systems Biology by completing the following form. Apply online DTU Systems Biology's academic profile covers the fields of cellular, m...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Red Giant Exploration, University of Sydney, Australia, 12 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Red Giant Exploration Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: A full-time postgraduate ...
The Cross Jazz Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 2 days ago
Value: $1500 each Tenure of award: The scholarship will be rewarded on a yearly basis, though Southern Cross will assess at the end of each academic year whether they would like to renew for the f...