To be eligible, you must be:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa, or
- an international student, and
- a current full-time undergraduate or postgraduate student enrolled at a Monash campus in Australia, and
- have been appointed a Resident Advisor with Monash Residential Services (MRS).
The scholarship is awarded based on an interview process conducted by the College Head and/or MRS Manager. The selection criteria include a combination of academic achievement, leadership skills, good communication skills, maturity, enthusiasm, initiative, extra-curricular interests and participation and career interests. Coursework students must have achieved a minimum of a pass grade average (50 per cent) in the previous academic year. For research students the students position on the faculty's scholarship Order of Merit list as determined by the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research and Research Training), will be considered.Value and number available
Half scholarship: $1927.50 (2011 rate) payable in ten monthly rental rebates against the student's MRS account from February to November each year.
Full scholarship: $3855.00 (2011 rate) payable in ten monthly rental rebates against the student's MRS account from February to November each year.
These rebates are paid at the start of each month for the current month. Additional payments of $385.50 per month (2011 rate) may also be payable for those whose scholarship is, depending on the resident occupancy levels and at the discretion of the College Head and/or site manager, extended over the summer vacation months of December and January.
If the scholarship is determined to be awarded for a period of less than ten months, it will be awarded on a monthly pro-rata basis.
The number available is variable depending on funding.Retention
- remain in residency with Monash Residential Services
- maintain full-time enrolment. Variation to this is subject to special consideration from the Director, Monash Residential Services; written permission must be sought from the Director for this scholarship to be granted/retained should residential advisor move from full-time to part-time enrolment
- not be in breach of any current Monash Residential Services - Conditions of Residency. Refer to http://mrs.monash.edu/on-campus-accommodation/regulations-and-policies/index.html
- maintain a minimum of a pass weighted average mark (50 per cent)
- adhere to the MRS Resident Advisor Role Expectations and Behaviour Guidelines available at http://mrs.monash.edu/on-campus-accommodation/regulations-and-policies/index.html.
All applicants for the position of MRS Resident Advisor will be automatically assessed.Deferability
This scholarship cannot be deferred.
Salmat Scholarship Ugce1225, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 19 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers, First year students Opens 07/02/2017 Closing Date 31/03/2017 For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $20,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For up to ...
Parkinson's Sa Inc. :Parkinson's Sa Norman Weir Scholarship, Flinders University, Australia, about 2 hours ago
Opening Date: 06-02-2017 Closing Date: 17-03-2017 DESCRIPTION Parkinson’s SA was established in 1983 to provide services and represent people with Parkinson’s and their families. As a result of a ...
Flinders University :Indigenous Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarship, Flinders University, Australia, about 2 hours ago
Opening Date: 28-02-2017 Closing Date: 17-03-2017 DESCRIPTION The Commonwealth government and Flinders University have established the Indigenous Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarship (ICAS) to a...
Summer Residential Mentor Positions, University of South Dakota, United States, about 17 hours ago
Type of Position: NFE Posting Number: 0008747 Working Title: Summer Residential Mentor Positions Position Classification Title Advisor (OT Elig) Institution: University of South Dakota City: Vermi...
Rachael Fontana Memorial Bursary For The Arts, University of Southern Queensland, Australia, 4 days ago
Skip to main content Scholarship Description Closing date Australia Award Scholarships Australia Awards are prestigious international scholarships and fellowships funded by the Australian Governme...
Snooze :Snooze Scholarship, Flinders University, Australia, about 2 hours ago
Snooze :Snooze Scholarship Opening Date: 13-01-2017 Closing Date: 31-03-2017 About The Snooze Scholarship Program Snooze proudly supports young students to become tomorrow's leaders and pave the w...