To be eligible, you must be:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa, or
- an international student, and
- a current full-time undergraduate or postgraduate student enrolled at a Monash campus in Australia, and
- have been appointed a Resident Advisor with Monash Residential Services (MRS).
The scholarship is awarded based on an interview process conducted by the College Head and/or MRS Manager. The selection criteria include a combination of academic achievement, leadership skills, good communication skills, maturity, enthusiasm, initiative, extra-curricular interests and participation and career interests. Coursework students must have achieved a minimum of a pass grade average (50 per cent) in the previous academic year. For research students the students position on the faculty's scholarship Order of Merit list as determined by the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research and Research Training), will be considered.Value and number available
Half scholarship: $1927.50 (2011 rate) payable in ten monthly rental rebates against the student's MRS account from February to November each year.
Full scholarship: $3855.00 (2011 rate) payable in ten monthly rental rebates against the student's MRS account from February to November each year.
These rebates are paid at the start of each month for the current month. Additional payments of $385.50 per month (2011 rate) may also be payable for those whose scholarship is, depending on the resident occupancy levels and at the discretion of the College Head and/or site manager, extended over the summer vacation months of December and January.
If the scholarship is determined to be awarded for a period of less than ten months, it will be awarded on a monthly pro-rata basis.
The number available is variable depending on funding.Retention
- remain in residency with Monash Residential Services
- maintain full-time enrolment. Variation to this is subject to special consideration from the Director, Monash Residential Services; written permission must be sought from the Director for this scholarship to be granted/retained should residential advisor move from full-time to part-time enrolment
- not be in breach of any current Monash Residential Services - Conditions of Residency. Refer to http://mrs.monash.edu/on-campus-accommodation/regulations-and-policies/index.html
- maintain a minimum of a pass weighted average mark (50 per cent)
- adhere to the MRS Resident Advisor Role Expectations and Behaviour Guidelines available at http://mrs.monash.edu/on-campus-accommodation/regulations-and-policies/index.html.
All applicants for the position of MRS Resident Advisor will be automatically assessed.Deferability
This scholarship cannot be deferred.
Agsm Cohort C Residential Award Pgca1064, University of New South Wales, Australia, 9 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Postgraduate students Opens 22/10/2014 Closing Date 30/11/2014 For commencement Semester 1 2015 Value $2,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year Residency No reside...
Australian War Memorial :Summer Vacation Scholarships For History Students, Flinders University, Australia, 29 days ago
Opening Date: 01-09-2014 Closing Date: 10-10-2014 DESCRIPTION The Australian War Memorial provides one or more Summer Vacation Scholarships for history students in the third or fourth year of an u...
Dafydd Lewis Scholarship, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, about 6 hours ago
The Dafydd Lewis Trust provides equity and merit-based scholarships to young men who might not have otherwise received a University education due to the limited financial resources of their parent...
Australian Centre Of Excellence For Local Government (Acelg) Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 17 days ago
Funded by the Australian Centre of Excellence for Local Government (ACELG), this Scholarship is open to commencing Australian domestic or international students who are intending to undertake a Ph...
Michael E. Grace Memorial Honours Scholarship Ugca1323, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 21 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Honours year students Opens 01/11/2014 Closing Date 28/02/2015 For commencement Semester 1 2015 Value $5,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year Residency Aus Citiz...
Freemasons Foundation Inc. :Trevor Prescott Memorial Scholarship, Flinders University, Australia, 19 days ago
Opening Date: 04-05-2015 Closing Date: 30-06-2015 DESCRIPTION The Freemasons Foundation Inc. has established through its Special Projects Fund, a scholarship scheme to commemorate the contribution...