To be eligible, you must be:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa, or
- an international student, and
- a current full-time undergraduate or postgraduate student enrolled at a Monash campus in Australia, and
- have been appointed a Resident Advisor with Monash Residential Services (MRS).
The scholarship is awarded based on an interview process conducted by the College Head and/or MRS Manager. The selection criteria include a combination of academic achievement, leadership skills, good communication skills, maturity, enthusiasm, initiative, extra-curricular interests and participation and career interests. Coursework students must have achieved a minimum of a pass grade average (50 per cent) in the previous academic year. For research students the students position on the faculty's scholarship Order of Merit list as determined by the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research and Research Training), will be considered.Value and number available
Half scholarship: $1927.50 (2011 rate) payable in ten monthly rental rebates against the student's MRS account from February to November each year.
Full scholarship: $3855.00 (2011 rate) payable in ten monthly rental rebates against the student's MRS account from February to November each year.
These rebates are paid at the start of each month for the current month. Additional payments of $385.50 per month (2011 rate) may also be payable for those whose scholarship is, depending on the resident occupancy levels and at the discretion of the College Head and/or site manager, extended over the summer vacation months of December and January.
If the scholarship is determined to be awarded for a period of less than ten months, it will be awarded on a monthly pro-rata basis.
The number available is variable depending on funding.Retention
- remain in residency with Monash Residential Services
- maintain full-time enrolment. Variation to this is subject to special consideration from the Director, Monash Residential Services; written permission must be sought from the Director for this scholarship to be granted/retained should residential advisor move from full-time to part-time enrolment
- not be in breach of any current Monash Residential Services - Conditions of Residency. Refer to http://mrs.monash.edu/on-campus-accommodation/regulations-and-policies/index.html
- maintain a minimum of a pass weighted average mark (50 per cent)
- adhere to the MRS Resident Advisor Role Expectations and Behaviour Guidelines available at http://mrs.monash.edu/on-campus-accommodation/regulations-and-policies/index.html.
All applicants for the position of MRS Resident Advisor will be automatically assessed.Deferability
This scholarship cannot be deferred.
Postgraduate Scholarship In Mr Imaging Techniques, The University of Queensland, Australia, 3 days ago
Centre for Advanced Imaging The Centre for Advanced Imaging (CAI) is a strategic initiative of The University of Queensland (UQ), reflecting the growth in biotechnology, biomedical and materials r...
Nsw Aboriginal Land Council Freddy Fricke Scholarship (External), University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 9 days ago
NSWALC is the peak Aboriginal representative body in NSW, representing a network of 120 Local Aboriginal Land Councils (LALCs) across the state. NSWALC is committed to ensuring a better future for...
Lawson Robinson Hawke’s Bay A&P Scholarship., Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 20 days ago
Value: $3000 (incl GST), payable towards their course fees. Tenure of award: The Lawson Robinson Hawke’s Bay A&P Scholarship recipient will receive $3000 (incl GST), payable towards their course f...
Febe International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship, The University of Newcastle, Australia, 29 days ago
Establishment The FEBE (Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment) International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship has been established to encourage and support academically gifted internatio...
Chong Kin Nam Scholarship Ugce1246, University of New South Wales, Australia, 23 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers Opens 03/08/2016 Closing Date See below For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $10,000 2 Scholarship(s) available For up to 4 years Residency Aus ...
Paradice Honours Year Scholarship Ugca1433, University of New South Wales, Australia, 18 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Honours year students Opens 23/11/2016 Closing Date 28/02/2017 For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $5,000 2 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year Residency No reside...