To be eligible, you must be:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa, or
- an international student, and
- a current full-time undergraduate or postgraduate student enrolled at a Monash campus in Australia, and
- have been appointed a Resident Advisor with Monash Residential Services (MRS).
The scholarship is awarded based on an interview process conducted by the College Head and/or MRS Manager. The selection criteria include a combination of academic achievement, leadership skills, good communication skills, maturity, enthusiasm, initiative, extra-curricular interests and participation and career interests. Coursework students must have achieved a minimum of a pass grade average (50 per cent) in the previous academic year. For research students the students position on the faculty's scholarship Order of Merit list as determined by the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research and Research Training), will be considered.Value and number available
Half scholarship: $1927.50 (2011 rate) payable in ten monthly rental rebates against the student's MRS account from February to November each year.
Full scholarship: $3855.00 (2011 rate) payable in ten monthly rental rebates against the student's MRS account from February to November each year.
These rebates are paid at the start of each month for the current month. Additional payments of $385.50 per month (2011 rate) may also be payable for those whose scholarship is, depending on the resident occupancy levels and at the discretion of the College Head and/or site manager, extended over the summer vacation months of December and January.
If the scholarship is determined to be awarded for a period of less than ten months, it will be awarded on a monthly pro-rata basis.
The number available is variable depending on funding.Retention
- remain in residency with Monash Residential Services
- maintain full-time enrolment. Variation to this is subject to special consideration from the Director, Monash Residential Services; written permission must be sought from the Director for this scholarship to be granted/retained should residential advisor move from full-time to part-time enrolment
- not be in breach of any current Monash Residential Services - Conditions of Residency. Refer to http://mrs.monash.edu/on-campus-accommodation/regulations-and-policies/index.html
- maintain a minimum of a pass weighted average mark (50 per cent)
- adhere to the MRS Resident Advisor Role Expectations and Behaviour Guidelines available at http://mrs.monash.edu/on-campus-accommodation/regulations-and-policies/index.html.
All applicants for the position of MRS Resident Advisor will be automatically assessed.Deferability
This scholarship cannot be deferred.
Ph D With Top Up Funding, Monash University , Australia, 21 days ago
An exciting PhD opportunity is available with the Monash University Brain & Mental Health Laboratory. Current treatments for compulsive disorders (addictions and obsessive compulsive disor...
Ph D Scholarships In Advanced Battery Technology, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 25 days ago
The Centre for Clean Energy Technology (CCET) at the University of Technology Sydney (UTS) is offering three PhD research scholarships to outstanding candidates to work on electromaterials for ap...
Juris Doctor (Jd) Scholarship For Academic Excellence Pgca1038, University of New South Wales, Australia, 24 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Postgraduate students Opens 06/05/2016 Closing Date 08/06/2016 For commencement Semester 2 2016 Value $6,000 3 Scholarship(s) available For Duration of program (mini...
Westpac Asian Exchange Scholarship Ugtr1040, University of New South Wales, Australia, 27 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Second year students, Third year and above Opens 03/05/2016 Closing Date See below For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $10,000 2 Scholarship(s) available For one s...
Ags Unsw Indigenous Law Scholarship Ugca1404, University of New South Wales, Australia, 17 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Third year and above, Postgraduate students Opens 13/05/2016 Closing Date 08/06/2016 For commencement Semester 2 2016 Value $7,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For one ...
Partial Scholarship At Oncampus Lund, Oncampus Lund, Sweden, 23 days ago
Deadline Date: June 1st 2016, 22:59:59 UTCEligibility : Non-EU citizen students who have bachelor degree ONCAMPUS Lund is a partnership with Lund University, Sweden and ONCAMPUS, part of Cambr...