To be eligible, you must be:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa, or
- an international student, and
- a current full-time undergraduate or postgraduate student enrolled at a Monash campus in Australia, and
- have been appointed a Resident Advisor with Monash Residential Services (MRS).
The scholarship is awarded based on an interview process conducted by the College Head and/or MRS Manager. The selection criteria include a combination of academic achievement, leadership skills, good communication skills, maturity, enthusiasm, initiative, extra-curricular interests and participation and career interests. Coursework students must have achieved a minimum of a pass grade average (50 per cent) in the previous academic year. For research students the students position on the faculty's scholarship Order of Merit list as determined by the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research and Research Training), will be considered.Value and number available
Half scholarship: $1927.50 (2011 rate) payable in ten monthly rental rebates against the student's MRS account from February to November each year.
Full scholarship: $3855.00 (2011 rate) payable in ten monthly rental rebates against the student's MRS account from February to November each year.
These rebates are paid at the start of each month for the current month. Additional payments of $385.50 per month (2011 rate) may also be payable for those whose scholarship is, depending on the resident occupancy levels and at the discretion of the College Head and/or site manager, extended over the summer vacation months of December and January.
If the scholarship is determined to be awarded for a period of less than ten months, it will be awarded on a monthly pro-rata basis.
The number available is variable depending on funding.Retention
- remain in residency with Monash Residential Services
- maintain full-time enrolment. Variation to this is subject to special consideration from the Director, Monash Residential Services; written permission must be sought from the Director for this scholarship to be granted/retained should residential advisor move from full-time to part-time enrolment
- not be in breach of any current Monash Residential Services - Conditions of Residency. Refer to http://mrs.monash.edu/on-campus-accommodation/regulations-and-policies/index.html
- maintain a minimum of a pass weighted average mark (50 per cent)
- adhere to the MRS Resident Advisor Role Expectations and Behaviour Guidelines available at http://mrs.monash.edu/on-campus-accommodation/regulations-and-policies/index.html.
All applicants for the position of MRS Resident Advisor will be automatically assessed.Deferability
This scholarship cannot be deferred.
Freedman Curatorial Scholarship Pgca1067, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 18 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Postgraduate students Opens 22/03/2017 Closing Date 30/04/2017 For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $5,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year Residency No reside...
Ph D Studentship Compositional Magnetic Resonance Imaging Of Joint Tissues, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, about 15 hours ago
A three year PhD studentship, funded by GSK, is available in the University of Cambridge Department of Radiology. The Department of Radiology is an internationally competitive department undertaki...
Paradice Honours Year Scholarship Ugca1433, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 18 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Honours year students Opens 02/03/2017 Closing Date 31/03/2017 For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $5,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year Residency No reside...
John Prescott Honours Scholarship Ugca1287, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 18 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Honours year students Opens 03/03/2017 Closing Date 31/03/2017 For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $10,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year Residency Aus Citi...
Ph D Scholar, The University of Queensland, Australia, about 5 hours ago
Apply now Job no:500377 Area:Mater Research Institute-UQ Salary (FTE):Research Scholar BAND Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: Brisbane Doctoral Opportunities in Innate Immune Research Ca...
Usq Industry Experience Program Bursary, University of Southern Queensland, Australia, about 24 hours ago
The USQ Industry Experience Program has been designed to assist students to develop their skills, knowledge and understanding of their career opportunities. For more information about the program...