To be eligible, you must be:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa, or
- an international student, and
- a current full-time undergraduate or postgraduate student enrolled at a Monash campus in Australia, and
- have been appointed a Resident Advisor with Monash Residential Services (MRS).
The scholarship is awarded based on an interview process conducted by the College Head and/or MRS Manager. The selection criteria include a combination of academic achievement, leadership skills, good communication skills, maturity, enthusiasm, initiative, extra-curricular interests and participation and career interests. Coursework students must have achieved a minimum of a pass grade average (50 per cent) in the previous academic year. For research students the students position on the faculty's scholarship Order of Merit list as determined by the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research and Research Training), will be considered.Value and number available
Half scholarship: $1927.50 (2011 rate) payable in ten monthly rental rebates against the student's MRS account from February to November each year.
Full scholarship: $3855.00 (2011 rate) payable in ten monthly rental rebates against the student's MRS account from February to November each year.
These rebates are paid at the start of each month for the current month. Additional payments of $385.50 per month (2011 rate) may also be payable for those whose scholarship is, depending on the resident occupancy levels and at the discretion of the College Head and/or site manager, extended over the summer vacation months of December and January.
If the scholarship is determined to be awarded for a period of less than ten months, it will be awarded on a monthly pro-rata basis.
The number available is variable depending on funding.Retention
- remain in residency with Monash Residential Services
- maintain full-time enrolment. Variation to this is subject to special consideration from the Director, Monash Residential Services; written permission must be sought from the Director for this scholarship to be granted/retained should residential advisor move from full-time to part-time enrolment
- not be in breach of any current Monash Residential Services - Conditions of Residency. Refer to http://mrs.monash.edu/on-campus-accommodation/regulations-and-policies/index.html
- maintain a minimum of a pass weighted average mark (50 per cent)
- adhere to the MRS Resident Advisor Role Expectations and Behaviour Guidelines available at http://mrs.monash.edu/on-campus-accommodation/regulations-and-policies/index.html.
All applicants for the position of MRS Resident Advisor will be automatically assessed.Deferability
This scholarship cannot be deferred.
Ainse Honours Scholarship, RMIT University, Australia, 27 days ago
AINSE Honours Scholarships APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED Eligible students from AINSE member institutions will be enrolled in an Honours or Masters program, and will be conducting research at ANSTO. AIN...
Cox Architecture Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 6 days ago
The aim of the Cox Architecture Scholarship is to encourage academic excellence in the Bachelor of Design in Architecture degree and provide the opportunity for a student to gain insight into the ...
Salmat Scholarship Ugce1225, University of New South Wales, Australia, 10 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Opens 16/02/2015 Closing Date 01/03/2015 For commencement Semester 1 2015 Value $20,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For up to 3 years Residency Aus Citizen/Aus Permanent Res...
Cudos Postgraduate Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia, 10 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: CUDOS Postgraduate Scholarship Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: A full-time postgraduate scholarship is avai...
Postgraduate Scholarship, University of Leeds, Europe, 7 days ago
Description The School of Law is offering two scholarships of £2000 for high quality students studying postgraduate taught programmes in the School in 2015/16. The awards will be based on academic...
University Of South Australia (Unisa) :Aborigines Advancement League Grants, Flinders University, Australia, 5 days ago
Opening Date: 01-02-2015 Closing Date: 31-03-2015 DESCRIPTION Study Grants are available for Australian Indigenous and Torres Strait Islander students of the University of South Australia and Flin...