To be eligible, you must be:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa, or
- an international student, and
- a current full-time undergraduate or postgraduate student enrolled at a Monash campus in Australia, and
- have been appointed a Resident Advisor with Monash Residential Services (MRS).
The scholarship is awarded based on an interview process conducted by the College Head and/or MRS Manager. The selection criteria include a combination of academic achievement, leadership skills, good communication skills, maturity, enthusiasm, initiative, extra-curricular interests and participation and career interests. Coursework students must have achieved a minimum of a pass grade average (50 per cent) in the previous academic year. For research students the students position on the faculty's scholarship Order of Merit list as determined by the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research and Research Training), will be considered.Value and number available
Half scholarship: $1927.50 (2011 rate) payable in ten monthly rental rebates against the student's MRS account from February to November each year.
Full scholarship: $3855.00 (2011 rate) payable in ten monthly rental rebates against the student's MRS account from February to November each year.
These rebates are paid at the start of each month for the current month. Additional payments of $385.50 per month (2011 rate) may also be payable for those whose scholarship is, depending on the resident occupancy levels and at the discretion of the College Head and/or site manager, extended over the summer vacation months of December and January.
If the scholarship is determined to be awarded for a period of less than ten months, it will be awarded on a monthly pro-rata basis.
The number available is variable depending on funding.Retention
- remain in residency with Monash Residential Services
- maintain full-time enrolment. Variation to this is subject to special consideration from the Director, Monash Residential Services; written permission must be sought from the Director for this scholarship to be granted/retained should residential advisor move from full-time to part-time enrolment
- not be in breach of any current Monash Residential Services - Conditions of Residency. Refer to http://mrs.monash.edu/on-campus-accommodation/regulations-and-policies/index.html
- maintain a minimum of a pass weighted average mark (50 per cent)
- adhere to the MRS Resident Advisor Role Expectations and Behaviour Guidelines available at http://mrs.monash.edu/on-campus-accommodation/regulations-and-policies/index.html.
All applicants for the position of MRS Resident Advisor will be automatically assessed.Deferability
This scholarship cannot be deferred.
Salmat Scholarship Ugce1225, University of New South Wales, Australia, 4 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers, First year students Opens 23/09/2016 Closing Date 30/11/2016 For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $20,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For up to ...
Australian Research Council Ph D Scholarship, University of Southern Queensland, Australia, about 20 hours ago
The University of Southern Queensland (USQ) is offering an Australian Research Council (ARC) Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) scholarship to carry out research into reinforced crumbed rubber concrete (C...
Agsm Military Scholarship Pgce1011, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 18 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Postgraduate students Opens 26/09/2016 Closing Date See below For commencement Summer Semester 2017 Value $77,760 1 Scholarship(s) available For Duration of program ...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Biophysics, University of Sydney, Australia, 22 days ago
Funding Body: The University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Biophysics Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: A full-time postgraduate scholar...
Juris Doctor (Jd) Scholarship For Academic Excellence Pgca1038, University of New South Wales, Australia, 12 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Postgraduate students Opens 12/09/2016 Closing Date 06/01/2017 For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $6,000 4 Scholarship(s) available For Duration of program (mini...
Ph D Scholarship In Computational Mechanics, University of Sydney, Australia, 4 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: PhD Scholarship in Computational Mechanics Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: PhD Position on performance of g...