Marine Biosecurity Phd Scholarship, University Of Western Australia (Uwa)
Listed about a year ago
Attention: this position might have been expired or removed by the publisher!
- Marine Biosecurity PhD Scholarship
- The Department of Fisheries, the Western Australian Museum and the University of Western Australia, through the UWA Oceans Institutue, are offering a PhD scholarship "Characterisation of biofouling communities in Western Australian Ports and development of predictive tools to determine the likelihood of establishment of invasive marine pest species".
- The introduction of exoctic species into the marine environment is a major threat to native biodiversity and ecosystem health. Recent and rapid expansion of the resources industry in Western Australia has brought with it increased international vessel traffic and infrastructure development and a concomitant risk of introduction and establishment of marine pest speicies from overseas.
- This project seeks to utilize an integrated taxonomy and molecular approach to better define the distribution of native biofouling communities in WA ports and with a focus on marine molluscs. Examination of this key group of biofouling organisms will be utilized to develop an ecological "model" to predict the likelihood of incursion of known pest species in key ports based on spatio-temporal patterns recorded in native species.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See conditions.
- For further information please contact Professor Gary Kendrick. Phone: 6488 3998 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Marine Sciences, Wildlife Management
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
View or Apply
Plant Biosecurity CRC PhD Scholarship Wind spread of plant viral pathogens into northern Australia University of Western Australia UWAUniversity of Western Australia (UWA) -AustraliaTitlePlant Biosecurity CRC - PhD Scholarship - "Wind spread of plant viral pathogens into northern Australia" Description This project will provide ideal opportunities for obtaining advanced training
University of Western Australia (UWA) -AustraliaTitleThe Lloyd's Register Foundation PhD Top-Up Scholarships DescriptionThe Centre for Offshore Foundation Systems (COFS) at The University of Western Australia brings together one of the largest teams