- Marine Biosecurity PhD Scholarship
- The Department of Fisheries, the Western Australian Museum and the University of Western Australia, through the UWA Oceans Institutue, are offering a PhD scholarship "Characterisation of biofouling communities in Western Australian Ports and development of predictive tools to determine the likelihood of establishment of invasive marine pest species".
- The introduction of exoctic species into the marine environment is a major threat to native biodiversity and ecosystem health. Recent and rapid expansion of the resources industry in Western Australia has brought with it increased international vessel traffic and infrastructure development and a concomitant risk of introduction and establishment of marine pest speicies from overseas.
- This project seeks to utilize an integrated taxonomy and molecular approach to better define the distribution of native biofouling communities in WA ports and with a focus on marine molluscs. Examination of this key group of biofouling organisms will be utilized to develop an ecological "model" to predict the likelihood of incursion of known pest species in key ports based on spatio-temporal patterns recorded in native species.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See conditions.
- For further information please contact Professor Gary Kendrick. Phone: 6488 3998 or email@example.com
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Marine Sciences, Wildlife Management
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Job Ref 018/2015, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 7 days ago
PROFESSOR – OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY FACULTY OF HEALTH, ENGINEERING AND SCIENCE SCHOOL OF EXERCISE AND HEALTH SCIENCE JOONDALUP CAMPUS $168,604 PA (ALEVE) ONGOING, FULL-TIME Overview Western Australia...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Astrophysics, University of Melbourne, Australia, 22 days ago
School of Physics Faculty of Science Salary: $62,973*– $85,452 p.a. (*PhD Entry level $79,609) plus 9.5% superannuation The Astrophysics Group in the School of Physics invites applications for a...
Job Ref 016/2015, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 7 days ago
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST ONLY Social Work Program - Supervisors/Liaison Faculty of Regional Professional Studies South West Campus (Bunbury) Casual - Expressions of Interest Overview • Casual posit...
Research Scholar: Sugar Demand In Apical Dominance, The University of Queensland, Australia, 3 days ago
PhD Scholarship: A Functional-Structural Plant Modelling approach to understanding the role of sugar demand in apical dominance Queensland Alliance for Agriculture and Food Innovation The Queensla...
Graduate Research Assistantship / Scholarships, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Malaysia, 4 days ago
Involved in research and development as postgraduate student under my supervision. Research are on non destructive evaluation and testing development on aerospace material. Graduate Research A...
Research Scholar, The University of Queensland, Australia, 18 days ago
Apply now Job no:496888 Area:Faculty of Science Salary (FTE):Research Scholar BAND Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia, Brisbane The School of Agriculture and Food Sciences is par...