- Marine Biosecurity PhD Scholarship
- The Department of Fisheries, the Western Australian Museum and the University of Western Australia, through the UWA Oceans Institutue, are offering a PhD scholarship "Characterisation of biofouling communities in Western Australian Ports and development of predictive tools to determine the likelihood of establishment of invasive marine pest species".
- The introduction of exoctic species into the marine environment is a major threat to native biodiversity and ecosystem health. Recent and rapid expansion of the resources industry in Western Australia has brought with it increased international vessel traffic and infrastructure development and a concomitant risk of introduction and establishment of marine pest speicies from overseas.
- This project seeks to utilize an integrated taxonomy and molecular approach to better define the distribution of native biofouling communities in WA ports and with a focus on marine molluscs. Examination of this key group of biofouling organisms will be utilized to develop an ecological "model" to predict the likelihood of incursion of known pest species in key ports based on spatio-temporal patterns recorded in native species.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See conditions.
- For further information please contact Professor Gary Kendrick. Phone: 6488 3998 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Marine Sciences, Wildlife Management
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Postdoctoral Researcher (18.75 Months) Dep. Of Biology, Maynooth University, Ireland, 10 days ago
Job posted by Irish Universities Association (21/09/2016 01.45) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Co...
Post Doctoral Position: Identification Of Cellular Factors Involved In Pathogenesis And Host Restriction Of Orbiviruses, ANSES, France, 24 days ago
Job posted by ANSES (06/09/2016 15.08) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researchers. More ...
Research Scholar, North Carolina State University, United States, 9 days ago
Vacancy Type EHRA Non-Faculty Is Internal Transfer Only No Working Title Research Scholar Salary Range Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate with experience Position Number 00104943 Work Schedule ...
Assistant Research Fellow Marine Science, University of Otago, New Zealand, 20 days ago
Assistant Research Fellow - Marine Science-1601545 DEPARTMENT OF MARINE SCIENCE PORTOBELLO MARINE LABORATORY Associate Professor Miles Lamare requires an Assistant Research Fellow to collaborate w...
Muru Marri Post Graduate Coursework Award Pgca1036, University of New South Wales, Australia, 1 day ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Postgraduate students Opens 01/10/2016 Closing Date 28/02/2017 For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $3,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year Residency Aus Citiz...
Ross Maclean Fellowship, The University of Queensland, Australia, 13 days ago
Apply now Job no:499530 Area:Queensland Brain Institute Salary (FTE):Academic Research Level C1 ($109,586.85 - $126,360.11) Work type:Full Time - Fixed Term Location: St Lucia, Brisbane Establishe...