- Marine Biosecurity PhD Scholarship
- The Department of Fisheries, the Western Australian Museum and the University of Western Australia, through the UWA Oceans Institutue, are offering a PhD scholarship "Characterisation of biofouling communities in Western Australian Ports and development of predictive tools to determine the likelihood of establishment of invasive marine pest species".
- The introduction of exoctic species into the marine environment is a major threat to native biodiversity and ecosystem health. Recent and rapid expansion of the resources industry in Western Australia has brought with it increased international vessel traffic and infrastructure development and a concomitant risk of introduction and establishment of marine pest speicies from overseas.
- This project seeks to utilize an integrated taxonomy and molecular approach to better define the distribution of native biofouling communities in WA ports and with a focus on marine molluscs. Examination of this key group of biofouling organisms will be utilized to develop an ecological "model" to predict the likelihood of incursion of known pest species in key ports based on spatio-temporal patterns recorded in native species.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See conditions.
- For further information please contact Professor Gary Kendrick. Phone: 6488 3998 or email@example.com
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Marine Sciences, Wildlife Management
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Brigham and Women's Hospital / Harvard Medical School, United States, 19 days ago
Research focus: The Fellow will work in a multi-disciplinary team of artificial intelligence scientists, informaticians, biostatisticians, and clinicians on projects involving development of o...
Postdoctoral Scholar Or Staff Scientist, OIST Graduate University, Japan, 12 days ago
The Light-Matter Interactions Unit (https://groups.oist.jp/light) in OIST, headed by Prof Síle Nic Chormaic, invites applications for a postdoctoral scholar or staff scientist position in the unit....
Ph.D. Position In Atmospheric Environment: Characterization Of Biogenic Volatile Organic Compounds In Forested Areas And Investigation Of Their Reactivity, Mines Douai, France, 29 days ago
Job posted by Mines Douai (29/06/2015 09.50) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researchers....
Wildland Fire/ Environmetrics Research Scientist (Postdoctoral Research Program), Canadian Forest Service, Natural Resources Canada, Canada, 13 days ago
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) is looking for a postdoctoral researcher to develop and apply statistical methods to predict the occurrence and duration of severe wildfires in Canada. The researc...
University Academic Fellow In Prediction Of Coastal Response To Global Sea Level Change, University of Leeds, United Kingdom, about 16 hours ago
View All Vacancies Location: Leeds - Main Campus Faculty/Service: Faculty of Environment School/Institute: School of Earth and Environment Category: Academic Grade: Grade 8 Salary: £38,511 to ...
Research Fellow, Grade 2, Griffith University, Australia, 21 days ago
Reference: 502483 Element: Australian Rivers Institute Work type: Fixed term (three years) Overview: The CSIRO Land and Water Flagship and the Australian Rivers Institute at Griffith University ha...