- Marine Biosecurity PhD Scholarship
- The Department of Fisheries, the Western Australian Museum and the University of Western Australia, through the UWA Oceans Institutue, are offering a PhD scholarship "Characterisation of biofouling communities in Western Australian Ports and development of predictive tools to determine the likelihood of establishment of invasive marine pest species".
- The introduction of exoctic species into the marine environment is a major threat to native biodiversity and ecosystem health. Recent and rapid expansion of the resources industry in Western Australia has brought with it increased international vessel traffic and infrastructure development and a concomitant risk of introduction and establishment of marine pest speicies from overseas.
- This project seeks to utilize an integrated taxonomy and molecular approach to better define the distribution of native biofouling communities in WA ports and with a focus on marine molluscs. Examination of this key group of biofouling organisms will be utilized to develop an ecological "model" to predict the likelihood of incursion of known pest species in key ports based on spatio-temporal patterns recorded in native species.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See conditions.
- For further information please contact Professor Gary Kendrick. Phone: 6488 3998 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Marine Sciences, Wildlife Management
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Postdoctoral Fellowship, Australian National University, Australia, 19 days ago
Postdoctoral Fellowship Apply now Job no: 514752 Work type: Continuing (Contingent Funded) Location: Canberra / ACT Categories: Academic Classification: Level A Work type: Fixed term and externall...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, The University of Queensland, Australia, 17 days ago
Apply now Job no:499811 Area:Faculty of Science Salary (FTE):Advertised at multiple classifications Work type:Full Time - Fixed Term Location: St Lucia, Brisbane The ARC Centre of Excellence for E...
20110 Quantitative Ecologist Landcare Research, Landcare Research, New Zealand, 26 days ago
Are you an experienced quantitative ecologist with an innovative research approach? Landcare Research is New Zealand's leading provider of solutions and advice to drive innovation in the sustainab...
Senior Research Fellow, The University of Queensland, Australia, 19 days ago
Apply now Job no:499813 Area:Faculty of Health and Behavioural Sciences Salary (FTE):Academic Research Level C1 ($109,586.85 - $126,360.11) Work type:Full Time - Fixed Term Location: St Lucia, Bri...
Research Fellows And Research Officers, University of Adelaide, Australia, 24 days ago
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 18...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, The University of Queensland, Australia, 13 days ago
Apply now Job no:499868 Area:Queensland Brain Institute Salary (FTE):Academic Research Level A1 ($62,653.88 - $84,985.56) Work type:Full Time - Fixed Term Location: St Lucia Queensland Brain Insti...