- Marine Biosecurity PhD Scholarship
- The Department of Fisheries, the Western Australian Museum and the University of Western Australia, through the UWA Oceans Institutue, are offering a PhD scholarship "Characterisation of biofouling communities in Western Australian Ports and development of predictive tools to determine the likelihood of establishment of invasive marine pest species".
- The introduction of exoctic species into the marine environment is a major threat to native biodiversity and ecosystem health. Recent and rapid expansion of the resources industry in Western Australia has brought with it increased international vessel traffic and infrastructure development and a concomitant risk of introduction and establishment of marine pest speicies from overseas.
- This project seeks to utilize an integrated taxonomy and molecular approach to better define the distribution of native biofouling communities in WA ports and with a focus on marine molluscs. Examination of this key group of biofouling organisms will be utilized to develop an ecological "model" to predict the likelihood of incursion of known pest species in key ports based on spatio-temporal patterns recorded in native species.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See conditions.
- For further information please contact Professor Gary Kendrick. Phone: 6488 3998 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Marine Sciences, Wildlife Management
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Postdoctoral Research Fellow/Research Fellow Centre For Marine Socioecology (3 Positions), University of Tasmania, Australia, 22 days ago
The Centre for Marine Socioecology has 3 Postdoctoral Research Fellow/Research Fellow positions for highly motivated and talented researchers to work on issues relevant to the global management of...
Ph.D. Position In Atmospheric Environment: Characterization Of Biogenic Volatile Organic Compounds In Forested Areas And Investigation Of Their Reactivity, Mines Douai, France, 4 days ago
Job posted by Mines Douai (29/06/2015 09.50) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researchers....
Associate Research Fellow/Research Fellow, University of Exeter, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
Associate Research Fellow/Research Fellow £25,513 on Grade E up to £37,394 on Grade F, depending on qualifications and experience Generous holiday allowances, flexible working, pension scheme and ...
Postdoctoral Fellow In Geobiosphere Science, Lunds universitet, Sweden, 10 days ago
Job posted by Lund University via MyNetwork (23/06/2015 01.00) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Cod...
Postdoctoral Research Scientist In Genomic And Single Cell Methods In Recombination, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, about 1 month ago
Applications are invited for a Postdoctoral Research Scientist in Genomic and Single Cell Methods in Recombination in Professor Peter Donnelly’s group at the WTCHG. The Donnelly Group researches a...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, The University of Queensland, Australia, 16 days ago
School of Biological Sciences The University of Queensland has a wonderful research environment, attracting top grades in the national assessment of research quality in all biological disciplines ...