- Marine Biosecurity PhD Scholarship
- The Department of Fisheries, the Western Australian Museum and the University of Western Australia, through the UWA Oceans Institutue, are offering a PhD scholarship "Characterisation of biofouling communities in Western Australian Ports and development of predictive tools to determine the likelihood of establishment of invasive marine pest species".
- The introduction of exoctic species into the marine environment is a major threat to native biodiversity and ecosystem health. Recent and rapid expansion of the resources industry in Western Australia has brought with it increased international vessel traffic and infrastructure development and a concomitant risk of introduction and establishment of marine pest speicies from overseas.
- This project seeks to utilize an integrated taxonomy and molecular approach to better define the distribution of native biofouling communities in WA ports and with a focus on marine molluscs. Examination of this key group of biofouling organisms will be utilized to develop an ecological "model" to predict the likelihood of incursion of known pest species in key ports based on spatio-temporal patterns recorded in native species.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See conditions.
- For further information please contact Professor Gary Kendrick. Phone: 6488 3998 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Marine Sciences, Wildlife Management
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
People Transport And Mobility Coordinator, CERN, Switzerland, 29 days ago
IntroductionMobility Coordinator in the General Infrastructure Services Department (GS), Integrated Services Group (IS), Site Services Section (SIS). CERN hosts more than 10 000 users an...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, The University of Queensland, Australia, 26 days ago
Apply now Job no:497781 Area:Faculty of Science Salary (FTE):Advertised at multiple classifications Work type:Full Time - Fixed Term Location: St Lucia, Brisbane National Environmental Science Pro...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow/Research Fellow, The University of Queensland, Australia, 30 days ago
Apply now Job no:497772 Area:Queensland Brain Institute Salary (FTE):Advertised at multiple classifications Work type:Full Time - Fixed Term Location: St Lucia Queensland Brain institute Establish...
Postdoc On Interactions Between Fisheries And Protected, Endangered And Threatened Species, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 7 days ago
Apply no later than 15 September 2015 Apply for the job at DTU Aqua by completing the following form. Apply online Applications are invited for a position as post-doctoral researcher with emphasis...
Lloyds Register Educational Trust Research Fellow, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, 9 days ago
Ocean & Earth Science Location: National Oceanography Centre Southampton Salary: £28,695 Full Time Fixed Term until 27/02/2016 Closing Date: Wednesday 09 September 2015 Interview Date: To be confi...
Visiting Scientist Under Brainpool Program, Sungkyunkwan University, South Korea, 17 days ago
Position:Visiting Scientist under Brain Pool programInvitation Period:1 Year ( Application period : December 2015, Evaluation: January/February 2016 Result: February ...