- Marine Biosecurity PhD Scholarship
- The Department of Fisheries, the Western Australian Museum and the University of Western Australia, through the UWA Oceans Institutue, are offering a PhD scholarship "Characterisation of biofouling communities in Western Australian Ports and development of predictive tools to determine the likelihood of establishment of invasive marine pest species".
- The introduction of exoctic species into the marine environment is a major threat to native biodiversity and ecosystem health. Recent and rapid expansion of the resources industry in Western Australia has brought with it increased international vessel traffic and infrastructure development and a concomitant risk of introduction and establishment of marine pest speicies from overseas.
- This project seeks to utilize an integrated taxonomy and molecular approach to better define the distribution of native biofouling communities in WA ports and with a focus on marine molluscs. Examination of this key group of biofouling organisms will be utilized to develop an ecological "model" to predict the likelihood of incursion of known pest species in key ports based on spatio-temporal patterns recorded in native species.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See conditions.
- For further information please contact Professor Gary Kendrick. Phone: 6488 3998 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Marine Sciences, Wildlife Management
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Postdoctoral Fellowship On Physics And Geological Dating, FAPESP - Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo, Brazil, 19 days ago
The LACIFID laboratory of the Nuclear Physics Department, Universidadede São Paulo, Brazil, announces an opportunity for post-doctoral fellowship,with duration of 1 (one) year.The sea level fluctua...
] Post Doctoral Fellow/Research Fellow , , United States, 21 days ago
Position ID: University of New South Wales -RF [#7223, 55959] Position Title: Post Doctoral Fellow/Research Fellow Position Type: Postdoctoral Position Location: Sydney, NSW, New South Wales 205...
Research Fellow, University of Melbourne, Australia, 17 days ago
Centre for Health Policy, Melbourne School of Population and Global Health Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry & Health Sciences Salary: Level A $64,893 – $88,016 p.a. OR Level B $92,554 – $110,022 p.a...
Postdoctoral Fellow Bio Protection Genomics, University of Otago, New Zealand, 1 day ago
DEPARTMENT OF BIOCHEMISTRY A postdoctoral position is available with Professor Peter Dearden at the University of Otago’s Laboratory for Evolution and Development. Our group addresses questions of...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow In Social Psychology, The University of Queensland, Australia, 4 days ago
Apply now Job no:498888 Area:Faculty of Health and Behavioural Sciences Salary (FTE):Academic Level A ($62,653.88 - $84,985.56) Work type:Full Time - Fixed Term Location: St Lucia The School of Ps...
Research Fellow (Population Geneticist), University of Melbourne, Australia, 17 days ago
Pathobiology Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences Salary: $64,863 - $88,016 p.a.plus 9.5% superannuation The University of Melbourne has affirmed its position as the number one universi...