- Marine Biosecurity PhD Scholarship
- The Department of Fisheries, the Western Australian Museum and the University of Western Australia, through the UWA Oceans Institutue, are offering a PhD scholarship "Characterisation of biofouling communities in Western Australian Ports and development of predictive tools to determine the likelihood of establishment of invasive marine pest species".
- The introduction of exoctic species into the marine environment is a major threat to native biodiversity and ecosystem health. Recent and rapid expansion of the resources industry in Western Australia has brought with it increased international vessel traffic and infrastructure development and a concomitant risk of introduction and establishment of marine pest speicies from overseas.
- This project seeks to utilize an integrated taxonomy and molecular approach to better define the distribution of native biofouling communities in WA ports and with a focus on marine molluscs. Examination of this key group of biofouling organisms will be utilized to develop an ecological "model" to predict the likelihood of incursion of known pest species in key ports based on spatio-temporal patterns recorded in native species.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See conditions.
- For further information please contact Professor Gary Kendrick. Phone: 6488 3998 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Marine Sciences, Wildlife Management
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Postdoc; The Seafront Project, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 28 days ago
Job posted by AcademicTransfer (06/02/2015 02.31) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researc...
Holsworth Wildlife Research Endowement, University of the Sunshine Coast, Australia, 11 days ago
Applications open March 1, 2015 The Holsworth Wildlife Research Endowment invites applications for postgraduate student research support. Postgraduate Research in three general areas are especiall...
Oce Postdoctoral Fellowship Quantifying Production And Carbon Cycling In Ocean Ecosystems Using Revolutionary Bio Argo Robots, CSIRO, Australia, 17 days ago
Are you passionate about creating a positive impact through innovation? Exciting opportunity to kick-start your career in a professional and supportive leading scientific agency Join our team at C...
Postdoctoral Research Scientists, Babraham Institute, United Kingdom, 26 days ago
The Babraham Institute is a charity which is world renowned for its research in life sciences to enhance lives and improve wellbeing.We are seeking highly qualified and motivated candidates who sha...
Postdoctoral Research Assistant, University of Reading, United Kingdom, 13 days ago
Postdoctoral Research Assistant Grade 6, £28,695 to £29,552 per annum. Fixed Term, Full time, Research We seek to appoint a Postdoctoral Research Assistant to join the Climate KIC funded project S...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Plant Mite Interactions, University of Amsterdam (UvA), Netherlands, 9 days ago
Job posted by AcademicTransfer (25/02/2015 02.31) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researc...