- Marine Biosecurity PhD Scholarship
- The Department of Fisheries, the Western Australian Museum and the University of Western Australia, through the UWA Oceans Institutue, are offering a PhD scholarship "Characterisation of biofouling communities in Western Australian Ports and development of predictive tools to determine the likelihood of establishment of invasive marine pest species".
- The introduction of exoctic species into the marine environment is a major threat to native biodiversity and ecosystem health. Recent and rapid expansion of the resources industry in Western Australia has brought with it increased international vessel traffic and infrastructure development and a concomitant risk of introduction and establishment of marine pest speicies from overseas.
- This project seeks to utilize an integrated taxonomy and molecular approach to better define the distribution of native biofouling communities in WA ports and with a focus on marine molluscs. Examination of this key group of biofouling organisms will be utilized to develop an ecological "model" to predict the likelihood of incursion of known pest species in key ports based on spatio-temporal patterns recorded in native species.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See conditions.
- For further information please contact Professor Gary Kendrick. Phone: 6488 3998 or email@example.com
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Marine Sciences, Wildlife Management
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
The Act Legislative Assembly Library Research Fellowship, Office of the Legislative Assembly, ACT, Canberra, Australia, 28 days ago
BackgroundAn ACT Legislative Assembly Library Research Fellowship is being offered for the first time in 2017.The Fellowship provides academics, scholars, PhD students and post-doctoral candi...
Postdoctoral Fellow In Rna Biology, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, United States, 4 days ago
Postdoctoral positions are available to study RNA-mediated stress responses, biology of tRNA-derived RNAs and RNA Granules. We are seeking to recruit two new colleagues that will have joint appoint...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, The University of Queensland, Australia, 24 days ago
The School of Chemical Engineering UQ Chemical Engineering was ranked in the top 16 worldwide in the 2012 QS subject rankings for chemical engineering and was the top ranking school in Australia. ...
Research Fellow, The University of Queensland, Australia, 19 days ago
Apply now Job no:500141 Area:Faculty of Health and Behavioural Sciences Salary (FTE):Academic Research Level B1 ($92,142.74 - $109,419.20) Work type:Part Time - Fixed Term Location: St Lucia, Bris...
University Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Adelaide, Australia, about 16 hours ago
Prestigious international university Wide range of employee benefits Postdoctoral Research Fellowship opportunity in aquatic epidemiology The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading G...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow/Research Fellow, The University of Queensland, Australia, 17 days ago
Queensland Brain Institute Established in 2003, QBI (www.qbi.uq.edu.au ) is housed on the St Lucia campus of UQ. It is home to more than 450 staff, including 41 group leaders, working across a ran...