- Marine Biosecurity PhD Scholarship
- The Department of Fisheries, the Western Australian Museum and the University of Western Australia, through the UWA Oceans Institutue, are offering a PhD scholarship "Characterisation of biofouling communities in Western Australian Ports and development of predictive tools to determine the likelihood of establishment of invasive marine pest species".
- The introduction of exoctic species into the marine environment is a major threat to native biodiversity and ecosystem health. Recent and rapid expansion of the resources industry in Western Australia has brought with it increased international vessel traffic and infrastructure development and a concomitant risk of introduction and establishment of marine pest speicies from overseas.
- This project seeks to utilize an integrated taxonomy and molecular approach to better define the distribution of native biofouling communities in WA ports and with a focus on marine molluscs. Examination of this key group of biofouling organisms will be utilized to develop an ecological "model" to predict the likelihood of incursion of known pest species in key ports based on spatio-temporal patterns recorded in native species.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See conditions.
- For further information please contact Professor Gary Kendrick. Phone: 6488 3998 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Marine Sciences, Wildlife Management
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
9709 Postdoctoral Fellowship In Quantitative Ecology Landcare Research, Landcare Research, New Zealand, 29 days ago
Are you an experienced quantitative ecologist with an innovative research approach? This may be the opportunity you are looking for … Landcare Research is New Zealand's leading provider of solutio...
Post Doctoral Research Assistant In Electrical Power/Control Engineering, University of Reading, United Kingdom, 15 days ago
We seek to appoint a Postdoctoral Research Assistant to join the Climate KIC funded project SUSPORT (delivering sustainable energy solutions to ports) which involves multiple industrial partners (...
Transportation Systems Researcher For Resource Flow Modelling Project In London, Institute for Integrated Economic Research, United Kingdom, 24 days ago
Institute for Integrated Economic Research Job Vacancy: Transportation Systems Researcher for Resource Flow Modelling Project in LondonDuration: Full time appointment Salary: ...
Reference Number :14334 Post Doctoral Research Fellow Maritime Engineering, University of Tasmania, Australia, 22 days ago
Applications are invited for appointment to this position, which will be offered on a full-time, fixed term basis for three years from commencement. The Australian Maritime College (AMC) is Austra...
Postdoctoral Fellow Seed Dispersal, Colorado State University, United States, 11 days ago
Posting Details Posting Detail Information Working Title Postdoctoral Fellow - Seed Dispersal Posting Number 201400252P Position Type Admin Professional/Research Professional Number of Vacancies W...
Ph D Students And Post Doc Positions In Nano Robotics And Electromagnetic Fields , Gyeongsang National University, Korea, 25 days ago
PhD students and Post-Doc Positions in Nano Robotics and Electromagnetic fields The research will be focused on designing a magnetic control system to monitor and drive magnetic Nano part...