- Marine Biosecurity PhD Scholarship
- The Department of Fisheries, the Western Australian Museum and the University of Western Australia, through the UWA Oceans Institutue, are offering a PhD scholarship "Characterisation of biofouling communities in Western Australian Ports and development of predictive tools to determine the likelihood of establishment of invasive marine pest species".
- The introduction of exoctic species into the marine environment is a major threat to native biodiversity and ecosystem health. Recent and rapid expansion of the resources industry in Western Australia has brought with it increased international vessel traffic and infrastructure development and a concomitant risk of introduction and establishment of marine pest speicies from overseas.
- This project seeks to utilize an integrated taxonomy and molecular approach to better define the distribution of native biofouling communities in WA ports and with a focus on marine molluscs. Examination of this key group of biofouling organisms will be utilized to develop an ecological "model" to predict the likelihood of incursion of known pest species in key ports based on spatio-temporal patterns recorded in native species.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See conditions.
- For further information please contact Professor Gary Kendrick. Phone: 6488 3998 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Marine Sciences, Wildlife Management
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, The University of Queensland, Australia, 11 days ago
Apply now Job no:499605 Area:Faculty of Science Salary (FTE):Academic Research Level A4 ($79,170.68 - $84,985.56) Work type:Part Time - Fixed Term Location: St Lucia, Brisbane The School of Biolog...
Edu United States To Australia Fellowships, University of California, United States, 14 days ago
The American Australian Association annually offers US students and scholars a fellowship for advanced study or research in Australia for up to 1 year. The fellowship is designed to link social an...
Mater Research Doctoral Opportunities, The University of Queensland, Australia, 17 days ago
Apply now Job no:499496 Area:Mater Research Institute-UQ Salary (FTE):School Schol (APA Rate) NONBAND ($26,288.00 - $26,288.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: Brisbane, Other Mater Re...
Post Doctoral Researcher Petrology Geochemistry So 249, GEOMAR Helmholtz-Zentrum für Ozeanforschung Kiel, Germany, 8 days ago
Job posted by Helmholtz Association of German Research Centres (15/10/2016 01.45) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the Europ...
Postdoctoral Fellowships 19 Positions In Australian Capital Cities And Regional Areas, CSIRO (Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation), Australia, 19 days ago
* Collaborate on cutting-edge science with Australia's top researchers* Make a difference - apply outcomes to benefit Australians * Become a CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellow.As a CSIRO Postdoctoral F...
Statistical Analyst At The Max Planck Institute For Demographic Research , Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Germany, 14 days ago
The Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research (MPIDR) is accepting applications for a highly qualified Statistical Analyst.OrganizationSince its foundation in 1996, the MPIDR has enjoyed an int...