- Marine Biosecurity PhD Scholarship
- The Department of Fisheries, the Western Australian Museum and the University of Western Australia, through the UWA Oceans Institutue, are offering a PhD scholarship "Characterisation of biofouling communities in Western Australian Ports and development of predictive tools to determine the likelihood of establishment of invasive marine pest species".
- The introduction of exoctic species into the marine environment is a major threat to native biodiversity and ecosystem health. Recent and rapid expansion of the resources industry in Western Australia has brought with it increased international vessel traffic and infrastructure development and a concomitant risk of introduction and establishment of marine pest speicies from overseas.
- This project seeks to utilize an integrated taxonomy and molecular approach to better define the distribution of native biofouling communities in WA ports and with a focus on marine molluscs. Examination of this key group of biofouling organisms will be utilized to develop an ecological "model" to predict the likelihood of incursion of known pest species in key ports based on spatio-temporal patterns recorded in native species.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See conditions.
- For further information please contact Professor Gary Kendrick. Phone: 6488 3998 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Marine Sciences, Wildlife Management
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Interdisciplinary Research Ecologist, Biologist Or Wildlife Biologist , USGS - Southwest Biological Science Center, United States, 11 days ago
Job posted by Science Careers (27/01/2016 01.45) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Research...
Post A Exam Ph D Candidate Postdoctoral , Cornell University Graduate School, United States, 22 days ago
You are here Home » American Australian Association print share email Facebook Twitter American Australian Association The Association awards Fellowships each year at the graduate (Masters, PhD o...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow In Specific Ion Effects In Bubble Coalescence And Flotation, The University of Queensland, Australia, 20 days ago
School of Chemical Engineering Engineering is an international leader in the chemical engineering field and has an excellent international reputation which has been built over four decades at the ...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Cmb Polarisation, University of Melbourne, Australia, 7 days ago
School of Physics Faculty of Science Salary: $64, 863 – $88,016* p.a.(*$81,998 PhD entry level) plus 9.5% superannuation Employment Type: Full-time (fixed-term) position available for up to 4 yea...
Research Fellow – Smar Tfarm Learning Hub, University of New England, Australia, 14 days ago
About UNE The University of New England in Armidale, Australia is a unique university, in the enviable position of boasting an excellent international reputation as well as being a leader in resea...
Postdoctoral Fellow In Computational Fungal Genomics (A011 16 Jk), Massey University, New Zealand, 17 days ago
Institute of Fundamental Sciences, College of Sciences We seek a postdoctoral fellow to explore interactions between genome structure, epigenetic modification and gene expression in agriculturally...