- Marine Biosecurity PhD Scholarship
- The Department of Fisheries, the Western Australian Museum and the University of Western Australia, through the UWA Oceans Institutue, are offering a PhD scholarship "Characterisation of biofouling communities in Western Australian Ports and development of predictive tools to determine the likelihood of establishment of invasive marine pest species".
- The introduction of exoctic species into the marine environment is a major threat to native biodiversity and ecosystem health. Recent and rapid expansion of the resources industry in Western Australia has brought with it increased international vessel traffic and infrastructure development and a concomitant risk of introduction and establishment of marine pest speicies from overseas.
- This project seeks to utilize an integrated taxonomy and molecular approach to better define the distribution of native biofouling communities in WA ports and with a focus on marine molluscs. Examination of this key group of biofouling organisms will be utilized to develop an ecological "model" to predict the likelihood of incursion of known pest species in key ports based on spatio-temporal patterns recorded in native species.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See conditions.
- For further information please contact Professor Gary Kendrick. Phone: 6488 3998 or email@example.com
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Marine Sciences, Wildlife Management
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, The University of Queensland, Australia, 10 days ago
Apply now Job no:500575 Area:Faculty of Science Salary (FTE):Academic Research Level A4 ($81,545.80 - $87,535.13) Work type:Full Time - Fixed Term Location: St Lucia, Brisbane The University of Qu...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, The University of Queensland, Australia, 15 days ago
Apply now Job no:500542 Area:Faculty of Health and Behavioural Sciences Salary (FTE):Academic Research Level A1 ($64,533.50 - $87,535.13) Work type:Full Time - Fixed Term Location: Brisbane The Sc...
Research Fellow Microbial Genomics, University of Melbourne, Australia, 12 days ago
- Join Australia's number 1 University † - Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance. - Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact. Who says you can...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow/Research Fellow, The University of Queensland, Australia, 12 days ago
Apply now Job no:500570 Area:Institute for Social Science Research Salary (FTE):Advertised at multiple classifications Work type:Full Time - Fixed Term Location: Brisbane, Other The Institute for ...
Post Doctoral Position – Department Of Forest Resources Management (Deadline: July 3, 2017), University of British Columbia, Canada, about 8 hours ago
Applications are invited for a Post-Doctoral position in the working group of Dr Verena Griess, Department of Forest Resources Management, Faculty of Forestry at the University of British Columbia...
Mls Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of Melbourne, Australia, about 15 hours ago
Melbourne Law School Salary: $69,148* - $93,830 p.a. (*PhD Entry Level $87,415 p.a.) plus 9.5% superannuation About Melbourne Law School Melbourne Law School (MLS) is Australia's first all-graduat...