- Marine Biosecurity PhD Scholarship
- The Department of Fisheries, the Western Australian Museum and the University of Western Australia, through the UWA Oceans Institutue, are offering a PhD scholarship "Characterisation of biofouling communities in Western Australian Ports and development of predictive tools to determine the likelihood of establishment of invasive marine pest species".
- The introduction of exoctic species into the marine environment is a major threat to native biodiversity and ecosystem health. Recent and rapid expansion of the resources industry in Western Australia has brought with it increased international vessel traffic and infrastructure development and a concomitant risk of introduction and establishment of marine pest speicies from overseas.
- This project seeks to utilize an integrated taxonomy and molecular approach to better define the distribution of native biofouling communities in WA ports and with a focus on marine molluscs. Examination of this key group of biofouling organisms will be utilized to develop an ecological "model" to predict the likelihood of incursion of known pest species in key ports based on spatio-temporal patterns recorded in native species.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See conditions.
- For further information please contact Professor Gary Kendrick. Phone: 6488 3998 or email@example.com
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Marine Sciences, Wildlife Management
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Research Scholar, The University of Queensland, Australia, 20 days ago
PhD position in Sugarcane nematode research Queensland Alliance for Agriculture & Food Innovation The Queensland Alliance for Agriculture and Food Innovation (QAAFI) is a unique research institute...
Postdoctoral Scholar Department Of Genetics And Genome Sciences, Posted 05/05/15, Case Western Reserve University, United States, 19 days ago
Postdoctoral Scholar - Department of Genetics and Genome Sciences, posted 05/05/15 Multiple bioinformatician positions at any level (scientist, postdoc, graduate/undergraduate students) are availa...
Post Doctoral/Research Associate/Senior Research Associate , Posted 05/19/15, Case Western Reserve University, United States, 5 days ago
Post-doctoral/Research Associate/Senior Research Associate , posted 05/19/15 A Post-doctoral/Research Associate/Senior Research Associate position (#323) is available for a highly motivated indivi...
Postdoctoral Scholar In Benthic Mapping, University of South Florida, United States, 3 days ago
Job Title Postdoctoral Scholar in Benthic Mapping Job ID 7493 Location USF St. Petersburg Full/Part Time Full-Time Regular/Temporary Temporary Posting Details Dept. Name/Number: College of Marine...
Endeavour Australia India Education Council (Aiec) Research Fellowship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 15 days ago
The Endeavour Australia India Education Council (AIEC) Research Fellowship provides financial support for postgraduate students and postdoctoral fellows from India and Australia to undertake short...
Endeavour Australia Research Fellowship For Indigenous Australians, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 19 days ago
The Endeavour Research Fellowship for Indigenous Australians provides financial support for Indigenous postgraduate students and postdoctoral fellows to undertake short-term research (4-6 months) ...