- Marine Biosecurity PhD Scholarship
- The Department of Fisheries, the Western Australian Museum and the University of Western Australia, through the UWA Oceans Institutue, are offering a PhD scholarship "Characterisation of biofouling communities in Western Australian Ports and development of predictive tools to determine the likelihood of establishment of invasive marine pest species".
- The introduction of exoctic species into the marine environment is a major threat to native biodiversity and ecosystem health. Recent and rapid expansion of the resources industry in Western Australia has brought with it increased international vessel traffic and infrastructure development and a concomitant risk of introduction and establishment of marine pest speicies from overseas.
- This project seeks to utilize an integrated taxonomy and molecular approach to better define the distribution of native biofouling communities in WA ports and with a focus on marine molluscs. Examination of this key group of biofouling organisms will be utilized to develop an ecological "model" to predict the likelihood of incursion of known pest species in key ports based on spatio-temporal patterns recorded in native species.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See conditions.
- For further information please contact Professor Gary Kendrick. Phone: 6488 3998 or email@example.com
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Marine Sciences, Wildlife Management
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Australia Germany Joint Research Cooperation Scheme, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 17 days ago
The Australia-Germany Joint Research Co-operation Scheme is a joint initiative of Universities Australia and the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), Germany's national agency for the support...
Research Fellow: Centre For The History Of Emotions (Audience Researcher), University of Melbourne, Australia, 6 days ago
Melbourne Conservatorium of Music Faculty of VCA and MCM Salary: $64,863 – $88,016 p.a. plus 9.5% superannuation The Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence for the History of Emotions (C...
Aga Fellowships 2015 (Australia German Association Inc. & The Goethe Institut), University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 17 days ago
In 2015 there will be two Fellowships and one German language course offered. Candidates may apply for either a Fellowship alone or a Fellowship with a German language course. The Fellowships will...
Aus Art Fellowship In Fine Arts, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 17 days ago
The American Friends of the National Gallery of Australia Inc., in conjunction with the American Australian Association, is offering a scholarship for an Australian postgraduate student of the Fin...
Volunteer Positions In Marine Turtle Nesting Season, Sal, Europe, 8 days ago
Job posted by Life Science Network gGmbH (16/11/2015 10.09) Volunteer Positions in marine turtle nesting season Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions a...
Australian European University Institute Fellowship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 17 days ago
Applications are now open for two three-month Postgraduate Fellowships with the Australian European University Institute (AEUI). These Fellowships provide the opportunity to carry out research at ...