- Marine Biosecurity PhD Scholarship
- The Department of Fisheries, the Western Australian Museum and the University of Western Australia, through the UWA Oceans Institutue, are offering a PhD scholarship "Characterisation of biofouling communities in Western Australian Ports and development of predictive tools to determine the likelihood of establishment of invasive marine pest species".
- The introduction of exoctic species into the marine environment is a major threat to native biodiversity and ecosystem health. Recent and rapid expansion of the resources industry in Western Australia has brought with it increased international vessel traffic and infrastructure development and a concomitant risk of introduction and establishment of marine pest speicies from overseas.
- This project seeks to utilize an integrated taxonomy and molecular approach to better define the distribution of native biofouling communities in WA ports and with a focus on marine molluscs. Examination of this key group of biofouling organisms will be utilized to develop an ecological "model" to predict the likelihood of incursion of known pest species in key ports based on spatio-temporal patterns recorded in native species.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See conditions.
- For further information please contact Professor Gary Kendrick. Phone: 6488 3998 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Marine Sciences, Wildlife Management
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Postdoctoral Fellow In Biosensors, University of Guelph, Canada, about 20 hours ago
Position Overview Reporting to Professor Suresh Neethirajan, Director of the BioNano Laboratory in the school of Engineering of the University of Guelph, he/she will support current laboratory...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, The University of Queensland, Australia, 9 days ago
Apply now Job no:500211 Area:Faculty of Science Salary (FTE):Academic Research Level A4 ($81,545.80 - $87,535.13) Work type:Full Time - Fixed Term Location: St Lucia, Brisbane The School of Biolog...
Research Fellow (Technology Assessment), University of Melbourne, Australia, 22 days ago
School of Agriculture and Food Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences Salary: Level A: $66,809 - $90, 657 p.a. (pro rata) or Level B: $95,434 – $113,323 p.a. (pro rata), plus 9.5% superan...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow In Psychiatric Genomics, The University of Queensland, Australia, 19 days ago
Apply now Job no:500290 Area:Institute for Molecular Bioscience Salary (FTE):Academic Research Level A1 ($64,533.50 - $87,535.13) Work type:Full Time - Fixed Term Location: St Lucia The University...
University Research Fellow, University of Adelaide, Australia, about 4 hours ago
Prestigious international university Wide range of employee benefits Postdoctoral research opportunity The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive u...
Post Doctoral Position In Cancer Prevention & Control, Indiana University School of Nursing, United States, 14 days ago
Post-Doctoral Positions Available at Indiana University in Indianapolis, in Cancer Control Researchhttp://www.cancer.iu.edu/education/training/behavioral-oncology/index.shtml The T32 Interdisc...