- Marine Biosecurity PhD Scholarship
- The Department of Fisheries, the Western Australian Museum and the University of Western Australia, through the UWA Oceans Institutue, are offering a PhD scholarship "Characterisation of biofouling communities in Western Australian Ports and development of predictive tools to determine the likelihood of establishment of invasive marine pest species".
- The introduction of exoctic species into the marine environment is a major threat to native biodiversity and ecosystem health. Recent and rapid expansion of the resources industry in Western Australia has brought with it increased international vessel traffic and infrastructure development and a concomitant risk of introduction and establishment of marine pest speicies from overseas.
- This project seeks to utilize an integrated taxonomy and molecular approach to better define the distribution of native biofouling communities in WA ports and with a focus on marine molluscs. Examination of this key group of biofouling organisms will be utilized to develop an ecological "model" to predict the likelihood of incursion of known pest species in key ports based on spatio-temporal patterns recorded in native species.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See conditions.
- For further information please contact Professor Gary Kendrick. Phone: 6488 3998 or email@example.com
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Marine Sciences, Wildlife Management
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Senior Research Assistant / Research Fellow In Ultrasound And Microbial Surface Fouling, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, 17 days ago
Water & Environmental Engineering Group Location: Highfield Campus Salary: £28,695 to £35,256 Full Time - Fixed Term for 36 Months Closing Date: Thursday 30 April 2015 Interview Date: To be confir...
Postdoctoral Fellow The Department Of Dermatology, Posted 04/15/15, Case Western Reserve University, United States, 3 days ago
Postdoctoral Fellow - The Department of Dermatology, posted 04/15/15 The Ward lab in the Department of Dermatology at Case Western Reserve University (CWRU) has an immediate opening for a postdoct...
Research Scholar, The University of Queensland, Australia, 26 days ago
Apply now Job no:497222 Area:Faculty of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences Salary (FTE):Research Scholar BAND Work type:Full Time - Fixed Term, Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia, Brisbane T...
Australia Apec Women In Research Fellowship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 30 days ago
The Australian APEC Study Centre is pleased to announce the launch of the `Australia-APEC Women in Research Fellowship+. This exciting new initiative will support high-achieving female researchers...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of New South Wales, Australia, 8 days ago
One of the Asia-Pacific’s leading research intensive Universities Strong regional and global engagement Cutting edge facilities and equipment At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where...
Research Scholar, The University of Queensland, Australia, 1 day ago
PhD Scholarship: Transforming Avocado Productivity Queensland Alliance for Agriculture and Food Innovation The Queensland Alliance for Agriculture and Food Innovation (QAAFI) is a unique research ...