- Marine Biosecurity PhD Scholarship
- The Department of Fisheries, the Western Australian Museum and the University of Western Australia, through the UWA Oceans Institutue, are offering a PhD scholarship "Characterisation of biofouling communities in Western Australian Ports and development of predictive tools to determine the likelihood of establishment of invasive marine pest species".
- The introduction of exoctic species into the marine environment is a major threat to native biodiversity and ecosystem health. Recent and rapid expansion of the resources industry in Western Australia has brought with it increased international vessel traffic and infrastructure development and a concomitant risk of introduction and establishment of marine pest speicies from overseas.
- This project seeks to utilize an integrated taxonomy and molecular approach to better define the distribution of native biofouling communities in WA ports and with a focus on marine molluscs. Examination of this key group of biofouling organisms will be utilized to develop an ecological "model" to predict the likelihood of incursion of known pest species in key ports based on spatio-temporal patterns recorded in native species.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See conditions.
- For further information please contact Professor Gary Kendrick. Phone: 6488 3998 or email@example.com
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Marine Sciences, Wildlife Management
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Teagasc Post Doctoral Research Fellow Level 2 (Pd2) Forest Pathology (Ref: Pd2/At/0716), Teagasc, Ireland, 10 days ago
Job posted by Irish Universities Association (18/08/2016 02.00) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Co...
Postdoc: Comparative Epithelial Morphogenesis, University of Cologne, Germany, 26 days ago
From autumn 2016, a postdoctoral research position is available in the Panfilio lab to investigate morphogenesis of the insect extraembryonic (EE) membranes. These simple epithelia are highly...
Research Scholar, North Carolina State University, United States, 6 days ago
Vacancy Type EHRA Non-Faculty Is Internal Transfer Only No Working Title Research Scholar Salary Range Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate with experience Position Number 00105802 Work Schedule ...
Mine Seismologist Position At Institute Of Mine Seismology (Australia), Incorporated Research Institutions for Seismology, United States, 25 days ago
Mine Seismologist position at Institute of Mine Seismology (Australia) Institute of Mine Seismology (IMS) Posted: 08/03/2016 Open Until: 10/01/2016 The Institute of Mine Seismology (IMS) is lookin...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, The University of Queensland, Australia, 13 days ago
Apply now Job no:499388 Area:Faculty Of Engineering, Architecture & Info Tech Salary (FTE):Advertised at multiple classifications Work type:Full Time - Fixed Term Location: St Lucia, Brisbane The ...
Associate Professor And Principal Research Fellow, La Trobe University, Australia, 21 days ago
Recent ERA rating of Category 5 Full-time, Fixed Term Contract for 5 years, Franklin St, City location $129,634 - $142,817 per annum + up to 17% superannuation About La Trobe University La Trobe U...