- Marine Biosecurity PhD Scholarship
- The Department of Fisheries, the Western Australian Museum and the University of Western Australia, through the UWA Oceans Institutue, are offering a PhD scholarship "Characterisation of biofouling communities in Western Australian Ports and development of predictive tools to determine the likelihood of establishment of invasive marine pest species".
- The introduction of exoctic species into the marine environment is a major threat to native biodiversity and ecosystem health. Recent and rapid expansion of the resources industry in Western Australia has brought with it increased international vessel traffic and infrastructure development and a concomitant risk of introduction and establishment of marine pest speicies from overseas.
- This project seeks to utilize an integrated taxonomy and molecular approach to better define the distribution of native biofouling communities in WA ports and with a focus on marine molluscs. Examination of this key group of biofouling organisms will be utilized to develop an ecological "model" to predict the likelihood of incursion of known pest species in key ports based on spatio-temporal patterns recorded in native species.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See conditions.
- For further information please contact Professor Gary Kendrick. Phone: 6488 3998 or email@example.com
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Marine Sciences, Wildlife Management
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Research Officer/ Research Fellow, The University of Queensland, Australia, 27 days ago
Apply now Job no:500392 Area:Qld Alliance for Agriculture and Food Innovation Salary (FTE):Academic Research Level A4 ($81,545.80 - $87,535.13) Work type:Full Time - Fixed Term Location: St Lucia ...
Postdoctoral Fellow For Health Policy And System, Duke Kunshan University, China, 13 days ago
Institutional Summary:The Duke Kunshan University and Duke Global Health Institute (DGHI) seek to hire a full-time postdoctoral research fellow to work at an innovative Global Health Research Cente...
Research Fellow (2 Positions Available), University of Melbourne, Australia, 4 days ago
Phoenix Australia Centre for Posttraumatic Mental Health Inc Department of Psychiatry Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences Salary: $66,809 - $90,657 p.a. plus 9.5% superannuation Thi...
Assistant Research Fellow, Marine Science, University of Otago, New Zealand, about 12 hours ago
Assistant Research Fellow, Marine Science-1700881 DEPARTMENT OF MARINE SCIENCE Our Department We are a multidisciplinary department with research strengths in both biological and physical marine s...
Postdoctoral Fellow Biofabrication Of 3 D Constructs For Musculoskeletal Regeneration (Christchurch), University of Otago, New Zealand, about 12 hours ago
Postdoctoral Fellow - Biofabrication of 3D constructs for musculoskeletal regeneration (Christchurch)-1700745 CHRISTCHURCH REGENERATIVE MEDICINE AND TISSUE ENGINEERING (CReaTE) GROUP DEPARTMENT OF...
Postdoctoral Fellow Biofabrication Of 3 D Constructs For Musculoskeletal Regeneration (Christchurch), University of Otago, New Zealand, about 22 hours ago
CHRISTCHURCH REGENERATIVE MEDICINE AND TISSUE ENGINEERING (CReaTE) GROUP DEPARTMENT OF ORTHOPAEDIC SURGERY UNIVERSITY OF OTAGO CHRISTCHURCH An outstanding opportunity exists for a talented early c...