- Marine Biosecurity PhD Scholarship
- The Department of Fisheries, the Western Australian Museum and the University of Western Australia, through the UWA Oceans Institutue, are offering a PhD scholarship "Characterisation of biofouling communities in Western Australian Ports and development of predictive tools to determine the likelihood of establishment of invasive marine pest species".
- The introduction of exoctic species into the marine environment is a major threat to native biodiversity and ecosystem health. Recent and rapid expansion of the resources industry in Western Australia has brought with it increased international vessel traffic and infrastructure development and a concomitant risk of introduction and establishment of marine pest speicies from overseas.
- This project seeks to utilize an integrated taxonomy and molecular approach to better define the distribution of native biofouling communities in WA ports and with a focus on marine molluscs. Examination of this key group of biofouling organisms will be utilized to develop an ecological "model" to predict the likelihood of incursion of known pest species in key ports based on spatio-temporal patterns recorded in native species.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See conditions.
- For further information please contact Professor Gary Kendrick. Phone: 6488 3998 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Marine Sciences, Wildlife Management
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Research Scholar, North Carolina State University, United States, 3 days ago
Vacancy Type EPA Non-Faculty Is Internal Transfer Only No Working Title Research Scholar Salary Range Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate with experience Position Number 00105152 Work Schedule M...
Post Doc In High Throughput Yeast Phenomics To Identify Synergistic Interactions In Chemical Mixtures In Functional Genomics And Chemical Genetics (Per 2015/198), University of Gothenburg, Sweden, 5 days ago
Type of employment: Fixed-term employment, 2017-12-31 Extent: 100 % Location: Department of Marine Sciences, Göteborg First day of employment: 2016-01-01 Reference number: PER 2015/198 Subject are...
Post Doc In Surrogate Genetics Of Salinity Tolerance In Genomics (Per 2015/197), University of Gothenburg, Sweden, 30 days ago
Type of employment: Fixed-term employment, 2 year Extent: 100 % Location: Department of Marine Sciences, Göteborg First day of employment: urgently Reference number: PER 2015/197 The department Th...
Post Doc Land Use Science/Conservation Biology, University of Muenster, Germany, 27 days ago
Job posted by University of Muenster (07/09/2015 13.20) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for R...
Postdoctoral Researcher Fellow, University of Leeds, United Kingdom, 28 days ago
Research FellowFull time, fixed term for 24 months from 1 December 2015Project Title: Application of Microfluidic Systems for the Study and Control of Crystallization ProcessesApplications are invi...
Research Fellow, Curtin University, Australia, 27 days ago
Curtin University is centrally located in Perth at the heart of Australia’s premier energy and mining state of Western Australia. The Department of Exploration Geophysics, part of the Western Aust...