The University of Southern Queensland (USQ) is offering a number of International PhD Fee Scholarships for international students studying, or commencing the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) program in 2018. Applications in all areas of research are welcome. Find your research topic or find and connect with your supervisor helps you match your areas of interest with world-class research opportunities at USQ.
The information on this page is subject to change.
Subject to satisfactory progress International PhD Fees Scholarship recipients will have their tuition fees for a period of 6 semesters, full-time equivalent, paid by the USQ. Periods of study already undertaken towards the degree will be deducted from the scholarship.
To be eligible applicants must:
- hold a qualification regarded by USQ to be equivalent, or at higher level to a Bachelor Degree with First Class Honours;
- be eligible to be enrolled full-time, or part-time in the PhD program at USQ. There is no requirement for the recipients of this scholarship to study on-campus;
- must have applied for enrolment or currently be enrolled in a PhD at USQ;
- be an international student, not an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident;
- not be in receipt of similar funding from the Australian Government;
- not be a sponsored student receiving similar funding from their Government, or other organisations;
- commence the program in 2018.
Applications including all supporting documentation must be received by the closing date.
Scholarships are not transferable to other students in any circumstances.
The scholarship will be forfeited if the recipient cancels his or her enrolment in the program, or fails to enrol.
Subject to student visa conditions (if applicable), a student is permitted to undertake paid work but this must not interfere with the student's study program.
These scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit, previous research outputs, research experience, the record of the proposed supervisory team, the quality of the research proposal, and alignment with the University's research priorities.
How to apply
Scholarship applications are separate from the Admission application process, the Office of Research Graduate Studies (ORGS) recommend applicants commence the admission process .
To apply for this scholarship, applicants must scan and forward as one PDF attachment the following documentation by email to email@example.com .
(Note no other email address is to be used for the submission of an International PhD Stipend Scholarship).
- an International PhD Scholarship Application form (DOCX 84) ;
- curriculum vitae;
- a Preliminary Research Thesis Topic Proposal (DOC 78KB) . If applying for a thesis topic identified via the USQ website, please provide evidence of preliminary discussions with the thesis supervisory team;
- education qualifications (testamur and all academic transcripts including undergraduate and postgraduate);
- a list of any research presentations and/or publications;
- documentation confirming citizenship;
- provide evidence of English language proficiency by supplying one of the approved language tests, (IELTS or TOEFL) or evidence you have studied for a minimum of 2 years full-time equivalent, within the last five years at a recognised institution in a country on the English Speaking Country List .
Application close 5pm (AEST) Friday 29 September 2017.
Further information about this scholarship available from the ORGS firstname.lastname@example.org .