Integrated Natural Resource Management PhD Program: A joint UQ and CSIRO PhD Program
The University Of Queensland - The Faculty of Science (View all jobs from this organisation)
LOCATION: BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA
The Integrated Natural Resource Management (INRM) Science PhD program has been developed to address the current unprecedented demand for skills for sustainable, integrated, and efficient management of natural resources.
The program aims to develop and reinforce cross-organisational collaborations between individual researchers and research teams, and to provide individual students with the opportunity for close interaction, mentoring and supervision, with both CSIRO and UQ, especially through the Ecosciences Precinct development in Brisbane.
The program will support PhD students to conduct cutting-edge research with strong expertise in a broad range of disciplines through scholarship top-ups.
PhD studentships will be awarded in the integrated natural resource management field. Successful applicants will propose research that informs the management of natural resources (e.g. land, water, soil, biological resource base). Research may target a range of environments and land-use contexts (e.g. marine, coastal, terrestrial environments) managed for a variety of purposes (e.g. agriculture, forestry, urban settlement, fisheries, conservation etc). The research can relate to a range of scales, including global change and large-scale processes driving regional responses, but the choice of scale (both spatial and temporal) should be that which informs the management of natural resources.
Some examples of research areas that the INRM PhD Program encourages include those relating to:
- systems modelling and analysis (at a range of scales, including global change)
- integrated assessment approaches (including those addressing risk)
- proposals that integrate disciplinary perspectives (e.g. biophysical, social, economic and institutional dimensions of environmental change)
- policy and institutional alternatives (e.g. governance systems, policy instruments). The Integrated Natural Resource Management (INRM) Science PhD program has been developed to address the current unprecedented demand for skills for sustainable, integrated, and efficient management of natural resources.
Applicants must possess an academic qualification equivalent to a bachelors degree with Honours Class I or IIA or a Masters by thesis. Both international and domestic students are welcome to apply. PhD scholarships will only be awarded as top ups to those in receipt of an Australian Postgraduate Award (APA) or an equivalent university postgraduate award.
Applicants will be judged by the scholarship Steering Committee which will critique applications based on the:
- alignment of the candidate student's proposed area of research with integrated resource management science and the research priorities of the CSIRO and UQ
- novelty of the candidate student’s proposed research
- alignment of a candidate student’s existing scholarship arrangements with the agreed terms of the Program (especially in relation to IP and the Student Agreement)
- relevant post-graduate qualifications and track-record, and employment experience, especially as evidenced by the applicant’s publication record quality and appropriateness of the supervision arrangement for the applicant
- student's undergraduate track records that may include, course marks, conference papers, presentations, publications (the student must be expected to be capable or have gained a 1st class honours degree or equivalent).
- locus and strength of the UQ-CSIRO collaboration
This Program is intended to support new PhD projects, however, recently commenced projects (less than 6 months since commencement) will also be considered.
Further information can be found at http://www.gpem.uq.edu.au/inrm
Remuneration: These are full-time PhD top up scholarships with a value set at A$7000 per annum plus up to A$10,000 expenses (including travel) per annum.
Contact: To discuss this role please contact Professor Mark Hockings, Environmental Management Program Director, telephone +61-7- 334-67845 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To submit an application for this role, go to http://www.uq.edu.au/uqjobs/ and use the Apply button. All applicants must supply the following documents: Cover letter and Resume.
Applications Close: Round 2 on 30 November 2011, Round 3 on 25 May 2012 and Round 4 on 7 December 2012
UQ is an equal opportunity employer.
Research Scholar, The University of Queensland, Australia, 21 days ago
Apply now Job no:497635 Area:Faculty of Science Salary (FTE):Research Scholar BAND Work type:Full Time - Fixed Term Location: St Lucia, Brisbane The School of Agriculture and Food Sciences is one ...
Research Scholar, The University of Queensland, Australia, 5 days ago
Apply now Job no:497708 Area:Faculty Of Engineering, Architecture & Info Tech Salary (FTE):UQ Scholarship (APA Rate)NON-BANDED ($25,849.00 - $25,849.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location:...
Research Scholar, The University of Queensland, Australia, 20 days ago
Apply now Job no:497631 Area:Sustainable Minerals Institute Salary (FTE):Research Scholar BAND Work type:Full Time - Scholarship, Full Time - Fixed Term Location: St Lucia, Brisbane Two exciting M...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow In Mineral Process Engineering, The University of Queensland, Australia, 13 days ago
The School of Chemical Engineering The University of Queensland is ranked in the top 100 universities in the world, is one of Australia's Group of Eight, and a founding member of Universitas 21, a...
Three Research Positions Leading To Ph D Degrees: Two In The Joint Ph D Programme Offered By Unu Flores & Tu Dresden (Dresden, Germany), And One At Boku (Vienna, Austria), United Nations University - Institute for Integrated Management of Material Fluxes and of Resources, Germany, 17 days ago
Job posted by United Nations University - Institute for Integrated Management of Material Fluxes and of Resources (10/07/2015 10.02) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awar...
Postdoctoral Fellowship Forest Management And Hydrology, NIBIO - Norwegian Institute of Bioeconomy Research, Norway, 25 days ago
Job posted by NIBIO - Norwegian Institute of Bioeconomy Research (03/07/2015 15.25) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the Eur...