Integrated Natural Resource Management PhD Program: A joint UQ and CSIRO PhD Program
The University Of Queensland - The Faculty of Science (View all jobs from this organisation)
LOCATION: BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA
The Integrated Natural Resource Management (INRM) Science PhD program has been developed to address the current unprecedented demand for skills for sustainable, integrated, and efficient management of natural resources.
The program aims to develop and reinforce cross-organisational collaborations between individual researchers and research teams, and to provide individual students with the opportunity for close interaction, mentoring and supervision, with both CSIRO and UQ, especially through the Ecosciences Precinct development in Brisbane.
The program will support PhD students to conduct cutting-edge research with strong expertise in a broad range of disciplines through scholarship top-ups.
PhD studentships will be awarded in the integrated natural resource management field. Successful applicants will propose research that informs the management of natural resources (e.g. land, water, soil, biological resource base). Research may target a range of environments and land-use contexts (e.g. marine, coastal, terrestrial environments) managed for a variety of purposes (e.g. agriculture, forestry, urban settlement, fisheries, conservation etc). The research can relate to a range of scales, including global change and large-scale processes driving regional responses, but the choice of scale (both spatial and temporal) should be that which informs the management of natural resources.
Some examples of research areas that the INRM PhD Program encourages include those relating to:
- systems modelling and analysis (at a range of scales, including global change)
- integrated assessment approaches (including those addressing risk)
- proposals that integrate disciplinary perspectives (e.g. biophysical, social, economic and institutional dimensions of environmental change)
- policy and institutional alternatives (e.g. governance systems, policy instruments). The Integrated Natural Resource Management (INRM) Science PhD program has been developed to address the current unprecedented demand for skills for sustainable, integrated, and efficient management of natural resources.
Applicants must possess an academic qualification equivalent to a bachelors degree with Honours Class I or IIA or a Masters by thesis. Both international and domestic students are welcome to apply. PhD scholarships will only be awarded as top ups to those in receipt of an Australian Postgraduate Award (APA) or an equivalent university postgraduate award.
Applicants will be judged by the scholarship Steering Committee which will critique applications based on the:
- alignment of the candidate student's proposed area of research with integrated resource management science and the research priorities of the CSIRO and UQ
- novelty of the candidate student’s proposed research
- alignment of a candidate student’s existing scholarship arrangements with the agreed terms of the Program (especially in relation to IP and the Student Agreement)
- relevant post-graduate qualifications and track-record, and employment experience, especially as evidenced by the applicant’s publication record quality and appropriateness of the supervision arrangement for the applicant
- student's undergraduate track records that may include, course marks, conference papers, presentations, publications (the student must be expected to be capable or have gained a 1st class honours degree or equivalent).
- locus and strength of the UQ-CSIRO collaboration
This Program is intended to support new PhD projects, however, recently commenced projects (less than 6 months since commencement) will also be considered.
Further information can be found at http://www.gpem.uq.edu.au/inrm
Remuneration: These are full-time PhD top up scholarships with a value set at A$7000 per annum plus up to A$10,000 expenses (including travel) per annum.
Contact: To discuss this role please contact Professor Mark Hockings, Environmental Management Program Director, telephone +61-7- 334-67845 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To submit an application for this role, go to http://www.uq.edu.au/uqjobs/ and use the Apply button. All applicants must supply the following documents: Cover letter and Resume.
Applications Close: Round 2 on 30 November 2011, Round 3 on 25 May 2012 and Round 4 on 7 December 2012
UQ is an equal opportunity employer.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Sweep Impact), University of Exeter, United Kingdom, about 9 hours ago
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (SWEEP Impact) Salary will be £33,943 to £41,709 on Grade F per annum, depending on qualifications and experience. Generous holiday allowances, flexible working, pensi...
Postdoc In Cir Cit – Cross Sectorial Vertical Collaboration For Circular Economy, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 6 days ago
Apply no later than 19 March 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Mechanical Eng by completing the following form. Apply online A post-doctoral researcher position (2 years) is available at the Section o...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, The University of Queensland, Australia, 22 days ago
Apply now Job no:500283 Area:Aust Institute for Bioengineering & Nanotechnology Salary (FTE):Academic Research Level A1 ($64,533.50 - $87,535.13) Work type:Full Time - Fixed Term Location: St Luci...
Rn Clin Doc Imp Quality Auditor, University of New Mexico Hospitals, United States, about 6 hours ago
Position Summary: The Clinical Documentation Improvement Quality Auditor/Second level Reviewer is a Professional Registered Nurse with a broad clinical knowledge base and understanding of DRG docu...
Collaborative Research Network Research Fellow, The University of Queensland, Australia, about 6 hours ago
Apply now Job no:500213 Area:Faculty of Health and Behavioural Sciences Salary (FTE):Academic Research Level B1 ($92,142.74 - $109,419.20) Work type:Full Time - Fixed Term Location: St Lucia, Bris...
Core Paediatric Trust Fellowship, University Hospital Southampton, United Kingdom, about 17 hours ago
University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust and Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust Core Paediatric Trust Fellowship Start Date of Post – 2nd August 2017 Contract Length – Fixed Term for 2 Yea...