Integrated Natural Resource Management PhD Program: A joint UQ and CSIRO PhD Program
The University Of Queensland - The Faculty of Science (View all jobs from this organisation)
LOCATION: BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA
The Integrated Natural Resource Management (INRM) Science PhD program has been developed to address the current unprecedented demand for skills for sustainable, integrated, and efficient management of natural resources.
The program aims to develop and reinforce cross-organisational collaborations between individual researchers and research teams, and to provide individual students with the opportunity for close interaction, mentoring and supervision, with both CSIRO and UQ, especially through the Ecosciences Precinct development in Brisbane.
The program will support PhD students to conduct cutting-edge research with strong expertise in a broad range of disciplines through scholarship top-ups.
PhD studentships will be awarded in the integrated natural resource management field. Successful applicants will propose research that informs the management of natural resources (e.g. land, water, soil, biological resource base). Research may target a range of environments and land-use contexts (e.g. marine, coastal, terrestrial environments) managed for a variety of purposes (e.g. agriculture, forestry, urban settlement, fisheries, conservation etc). The research can relate to a range of scales, including global change and large-scale processes driving regional responses, but the choice of scale (both spatial and temporal) should be that which informs the management of natural resources.
Some examples of research areas that the INRM PhD Program encourages include those relating to:
- systems modelling and analysis (at a range of scales, including global change)
- integrated assessment approaches (including those addressing risk)
- proposals that integrate disciplinary perspectives (e.g. biophysical, social, economic and institutional dimensions of environmental change)
- policy and institutional alternatives (e.g. governance systems, policy instruments). The Integrated Natural Resource Management (INRM) Science PhD program has been developed to address the current unprecedented demand for skills for sustainable, integrated, and efficient management of natural resources.
Applicants must possess an academic qualification equivalent to a bachelors degree with Honours Class I or IIA or a Masters by thesis. Both international and domestic students are welcome to apply. PhD scholarships will only be awarded as top ups to those in receipt of an Australian Postgraduate Award (APA) or an equivalent university postgraduate award.
Applicants will be judged by the scholarship Steering Committee which will critique applications based on the:
- alignment of the candidate student's proposed area of research with integrated resource management science and the research priorities of the CSIRO and UQ
- novelty of the candidate student’s proposed research
- alignment of a candidate student’s existing scholarship arrangements with the agreed terms of the Program (especially in relation to IP and the Student Agreement)
- relevant post-graduate qualifications and track-record, and employment experience, especially as evidenced by the applicant’s publication record quality and appropriateness of the supervision arrangement for the applicant
- student's undergraduate track records that may include, course marks, conference papers, presentations, publications (the student must be expected to be capable or have gained a 1st class honours degree or equivalent).
- locus and strength of the UQ-CSIRO collaboration
This Program is intended to support new PhD projects, however, recently commenced projects (less than 6 months since commencement) will also be considered.
Further information can be found at http://www.gpem.uq.edu.au/inrm
Remuneration: These are full-time PhD top up scholarships with a value set at A$7000 per annum plus up to A$10,000 expenses (including travel) per annum.
Contact: To discuss this role please contact Professor Mark Hockings, Environmental Management Program Director, telephone +61-7- 334-67845 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To submit an application for this role, go to http://www.uq.edu.au/uqjobs/ and use the Apply button. All applicants must supply the following documents: Cover letter and Resume.
Applications Close: Round 2 on 30 November 2011, Round 3 on 25 May 2012 and Round 4 on 7 December 2012
UQ is an equal opportunity employer.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow Sedimentology & Sequence Stratigraphy, The University of Queensland, Australia, 9 days ago
The UQ Energy Initiative The UQ Energy Initiative was established in 2011 to integrate UQ's strengths and diversity in energy research. With many government and industry partners, UQ is uniquely p...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow In Reservoir Engineering, The University of Queensland, Australia, 9 days ago
Apply now Job no:499410 Area:Office of Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) Salary (FTE):Academic Level A ($62,653.88 - $84,985.56) Work type:Full Time - Fixed Term Location: St Lucia, Brisbane The U...
Dame Kathleen Ollerenshaw Research Fellowships, University of Manchester, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
Closing date : 16/09/2016 Reference : S&E-08676 Faculty / Organisational unit : Science & Engineering School / Directorate : - Division : - Employment type : Fixed Term Duration : 5 years initiall...
Post Doc Researcher, South Dakota School of Mines and Technology, United States, 29 days ago
Type of Position: NFE Posting Number: 0008302 Working Title: Post-Doc Researcher Position Classification Title Post-Doc Institution: South Dakota School of Mines and Technology City: Rapid City De...
Research Scholar, The University of Queensland, Australia, 21 days ago
The School of Agriculture and Food Sciences The School of Agriculture and Food Sciences is one of the largest Schools of this type in Australia, comprising research and teaching experts in plant a...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, The University of Queensland, Australia, 10 days ago
Apply now Job no:499388 Area:Faculty Of Engineering, Architecture & Info Tech Salary (FTE):Advertised at multiple classifications Work type:Full Time - Fixed Term Location: St Lucia, Brisbane The ...