- Imaging and tissue response in radiotherapy top up scholarship
- The physics research group based in the Department of Radiation Oncology, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital (SCGH), forms part of a multidisciplinary team studying and optimising the role of radiation delivery (radiotherapy) for cancer treatment. Project activities include processing and analysis of patient imaging and associated digital data, computational modelling of biophysical processes and radiation interactions, measurement of radiation, collection and analysis of patient data during clinical trials. The group is led by A/Prof Martin Ebert and currently includes 2 PhD and multiple MSc students.One of the principal factors limiting the increased effectiveness of modern radiotherapy is the potential for damage to normal (ie., non-cancerous) tissues. We are looking at the response of normal tissues during treatment of various cancer types and have collected, or are in the process of collecting, clinical data to relate complex dose distributions to resulting toxicity. The research to be undertaken will encompass one or more of:
- Methods of image registration using patient functional imaging.
- Development of mathematical models to describe regional organ function and correlation of functional changes with radiation dose distributions.
- Analysis of functional SPECT imaging for kidney response.
- Models for normal tissue response in prostate radiotherapy.
- Practical methods of implementing normal tissue response models into the planning of patient treatments.
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Please see conditions
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- Elegibility: Please note that this scholarship is for a living allowance only. Any International prospective students must also apply for a SIRF scholarship to cover the cost of international student tuition fees and health care cover.
- Have completed a four year undergraduate degree at first-class honours level or equivalent. An applicant may be disadvantaged if the Scholarships Committee cannot make a comparison with The University of Western Australia's standards, particularly in relation to the class of Honours achieved, ie first or second class Honours;
- Intend to enrol as a full-time candidate for a PhD degree;
- Provide evidence of achieving English language proficiency
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen, Chinese Citizen, Australian Humanitarian Visa, International, ADS Participating Country, Member Country of the Commonwealth, Canadian, Indian, Citizen of Pakistan
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Scholarship For International Baccalaureate (Ib) Graduates From South Asia, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, about 19 hours ago
This Scholarship was established by UTS to attract top achieving commencing international students who are completing the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma qualification from South Asia, an...
Ph D Studentship In “Anthropomorphic Dosimetry Phantom For Combined Hifu And Radiotherapy” , University College London, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
UCL Department / Division Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering Duration of Studentship 4 years Stipend £16,296 per annum plus UK/EU Fees Vacancy Information The Department of Medical Physics...
Ph D Scholarship Proton Therapy And Nanoparticle Sensitization At The Single Cell Level, University of South Australia, Australia, 2 days ago
Proton therapy and nanoparticle sensitization at the single cell levelThis project will see a research student assisting with irradiating cancer cell cultures with clinical X-ray beams (Royal Adela...
Ngiam Tong Yuen Scholarship Ugce1187, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 17 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers, First year students Opens 08/02/2017 Closing Date 31/03/2017 For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $10,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For up to ...
Scholarship For International Baccalaureate (Ib) Graduates From South East Asia, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, about 19 hours ago
This Scholarship was established by UTS to attract top achieving commencing international students who are completing the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma qualification from South East Asi...
Scholarship For International Baccalaureate (Ib) Graduates From Selected Schools In South East Asia, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, about 19 hours ago
This Scholarship was established by UTS to attract top achieving commencing international students who are completing the International Baccalaureate (IB) from selected schools in South East Asia,...