- Imaging and tissue response in radiotherapy top up scholarship
- The physics research group based in the Department of Radiation Oncology, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital (SCGH), forms part of a multidisciplinary team studying and optimising the role of radiation delivery (radiotherapy) for cancer treatment. Project activities include processing and analysis of patient imaging and associated digital data, computational modelling of biophysical processes and radiation interactions, measurement of radiation, collection and analysis of patient data during clinical trials. The group is led by A/Prof Martin Ebert and currently includes 2 PhD and multiple MSc students.One of the principal factors limiting the increased effectiveness of modern radiotherapy is the potential for damage to normal (ie., non-cancerous) tissues. We are looking at the response of normal tissues during treatment of various cancer types and have collected, or are in the process of collecting, clinical data to relate complex dose distributions to resulting toxicity. The research to be undertaken will encompass one or more of:
- Methods of image registration using patient functional imaging.
- Development of mathematical models to describe regional organ function and correlation of functional changes with radiation dose distributions.
- Analysis of functional SPECT imaging for kidney response.
- Models for normal tissue response in prostate radiotherapy.
- Practical methods of implementing normal tissue response models into the planning of patient treatments.
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Please see conditions
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- Elegibility: Please note that this scholarship is for a living allowance only. Any International prospective students must also apply for a SIRF scholarship to cover the cost of international student tuition fees and health care cover.
- Have completed a four year undergraduate degree at first-class honours level or equivalent. An applicant may be disadvantaged if the Scholarships Committee cannot make a comparison with The University of Western Australia's standards, particularly in relation to the class of Honours achieved, ie first or second class Honours;
- Intend to enrol as a full-time candidate for a PhD degree;
- Provide evidence of achieving English language proficiency
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen, Chinese Citizen, Australian Humanitarian Visa, International, ADS Participating Country, Member Country of the Commonwealth, Canadian, Indian, Citizen of Pakistan
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Expression Of Interest (Eoi) For Ph D Candidates, The University of Queensland, Australia, 10 days ago
The School of Agriculture and Food Sciences The School of Agriculture and Food Sciences is one of the largest agricultural schools in Australia, comprising research and teaching experts in agribu...
Mitsui Matsushima Australia Japanese Studies Award Ugca1360, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 12 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers, First year students Opens 01/08/2017 Closing Date 01/01/2018 For commencement Semester 1 2018 Value $5,000 2 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year ...
Ph D Scholarship In Physics (Spectroscopy), The University of Queensland, Australia, 22 days ago
Apply now Job no:500910 Area:Faculty of Science Salary (FTE):School Schol (APA Rate) NONBAND ($26,682.00 - $26,682.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia, Brisbane The discipline...
David Mc Dowell Award Ugce1070, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 12 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers Opens 07/08/2017 Closing Date 31/01/2018 For commencement Semester 1 2018 Value $2,000 2 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year Residency Aus Citizen...
Domestic Ph D Stipend Scholarship, University of Southern Queensland, Australia, about 8 hours ago
The University of Southern Queensland (USQ) is offering a number of stipend (living allowance) scholarships for domestic students studying, or commencing the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in 2018. Ap...
Agsm Military Scholarship Pgce1011, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 13 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Postgraduate students Opens 16/08/2017 Closing Date See below For commencement Summer Semester 2018 Value $77,760 1 Scholarship(s) available For Duration of program ...