- Imaging and tissue response in radiotherapy top up scholarship
- The physics research group based in the Department of Radiation Oncology, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital (SCGH), forms part of a multidisciplinary team studying and optimising the role of radiation delivery (radiotherapy) for cancer treatment. Project activities include processing and analysis of patient imaging and associated digital data, computational modelling of biophysical processes and radiation interactions, measurement of radiation, collection and analysis of patient data during clinical trials. The group is led by A/Prof Martin Ebert and currently includes 2 PhD and multiple MSc students.One of the principal factors limiting the increased effectiveness of modern radiotherapy is the potential for damage to normal (ie., non-cancerous) tissues. We are looking at the response of normal tissues during treatment of various cancer types and have collected, or are in the process of collecting, clinical data to relate complex dose distributions to resulting toxicity. The research to be undertaken will encompass one or more of:
- Methods of image registration using patient functional imaging.
- Development of mathematical models to describe regional organ function and correlation of functional changes with radiation dose distributions.
- Analysis of functional SPECT imaging for kidney response.
- Models for normal tissue response in prostate radiotherapy.
- Practical methods of implementing normal tissue response models into the planning of patient treatments.
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Please see conditions
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- Elegibility: Please note that this scholarship is for a living allowance only. Any International prospective students must also apply for a SIRF scholarship to cover the cost of international student tuition fees and health care cover.
- Have completed a four year undergraduate degree at first-class honours level or equivalent. An applicant may be disadvantaged if the Scholarships Committee cannot make a comparison with The University of Western Australia's standards, particularly in relation to the class of Honours achieved, ie first or second class Honours;
- Intend to enrol as a full-time candidate for a PhD degree;
- Provide evidence of achieving English language proficiency
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen, Chinese Citizen, Australian Humanitarian Visa, International, ADS Participating Country, Member Country of the Commonwealth, Canadian, Indian, Citizen of Pakistan
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Studentship: Ultrafast Dynamics In Photonic Metamaterials, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, 10 days ago
Optoelectronics Research Centre Location: Highfield Campus Closing Date: Monday 01 May 2017 Reference: 813016EH Project title: Ultrafast Dynamics in Photonic Metamaterials Supervis...
Blundstone Scholarships For Agribusiness, University of Tasmania, Australia, 23 days ago
Blundstone Scholarships for Agribusiness The new Associate Degree in Agribusiness is a stepping stone for future leaders and managers. This generous scholarship is offered by Blundstone Australia ...
Ph D Studentship, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, 25 days ago
ReferenceSCI1672Closing DateMonday, 2nd January 2017DepartmentHorizon Digital Economy Research Institute Horizon Digital Economy Research Institute - Horizon Centre for Doctoral Training in My Lif...
Ph D Studentship In The Synaptic Basis Of Memory Formation And Loss, The University of Queensland, Australia, 24 days ago
Apply now Job no:499840 Area:Queensland Brain Institute Salary (FTE):School Schol (APA Rate) NONBAND ($26,288.00 - $26,288.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia Queensland Brain...
Ph D Scholarship In Sport Science: Athlete Development In Australian Swimming, University of Sydney, Australia, 29 days ago
Funding Body: Swimming Australia Title: PhD Scholarship in Sport Science: Athlete Development in Australian Swimming Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: A full-...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Mr Imaging Techniques, The University of Queensland, Australia, 2 days ago
Centre for Advanced Imaging The Centre for Advanced Imaging (CAI) is a strategic initiative of The University of Queensland (UQ), reflecting the growth in biotechnology, biomedical and materials r...