- Imaging and tissue response in radiotherapy top up scholarship
- The physics research group based in the Department of Radiation Oncology, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital (SCGH), forms part of a multidisciplinary team studying and optimising the role of radiation delivery (radiotherapy) for cancer treatment. Project activities include processing and analysis of patient imaging and associated digital data, computational modelling of biophysical processes and radiation interactions, measurement of radiation, collection and analysis of patient data during clinical trials. The group is led by A/Prof Martin Ebert and currently includes 2 PhD and multiple MSc students.One of the principal factors limiting the increased effectiveness of modern radiotherapy is the potential for damage to normal (ie., non-cancerous) tissues. We are looking at the response of normal tissues during treatment of various cancer types and have collected, or are in the process of collecting, clinical data to relate complex dose distributions to resulting toxicity. The research to be undertaken will encompass one or more of:
- Methods of image registration using patient functional imaging.
- Development of mathematical models to describe regional organ function and correlation of functional changes with radiation dose distributions.
- Analysis of functional SPECT imaging for kidney response.
- Models for normal tissue response in prostate radiotherapy.
- Practical methods of implementing normal tissue response models into the planning of patient treatments.
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Please see conditions
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- Elegibility: Please note that this scholarship is for a living allowance only. Any International prospective students must also apply for a SIRF scholarship to cover the cost of international student tuition fees and health care cover.
- Have completed a four year undergraduate degree at first-class honours level or equivalent. An applicant may be disadvantaged if the Scholarships Committee cannot make a comparison with The University of Western Australia's standards, particularly in relation to the class of Honours achieved, ie first or second class Honours;
- Intend to enrol as a full-time candidate for a PhD degree;
- Provide evidence of achieving English language proficiency
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen, Chinese Citizen, Australian Humanitarian Visa, International, ADS Participating Country, Member Country of the Commonwealth, Canadian, Indian, Citizen of Pakistan
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Studentship: Laser Processed Silicon/Ferroelectric Photonics, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Optoelectronics Research Centre Location: Highfield Campus Closing Date: Thursday 31 August 2017 Reference: 851717EH Project title: Laser processed Silicon/Ferroelectric photonics Supervisor: ...
John Prescott Honours Scholarship Ugca1287, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 19 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Honours year students Opens 03/03/2017 Closing Date 31/03/2017 For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $10,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year Residency Aus Citi...
Fully Funded Case Ph D Studentship In Label–Free Imaging For Studying Drug Delivery Across Biophysical Barriers, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Chemistry Location: Highfield Campus Closing Date: Sunday 16 April 2017 Reference: 852917EB PhD Supervisor: Dr Sumeet Mahajan Industry supervisor: Dr Diane Williamson Project Description: Drug de...
Newcrest Ph D Scholarsip, The University of Queensland, Australia, 12 days ago
Apply now Job no:500324 Area:Faculty Of Engineering, Architecture & Info Tech Salary (FTE):APA Scholarship NON-BANDED ($26,682.00 - $26,682.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia...
Ross Milbourne Elite Rower Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, about 4 hours ago
The Ross Milbourne Elite Rower Scholarship intends to attract talented, aspiring athletes with the desire to pursue State, National and International rowing to enhance their educational opportunit...
Ph D Studentship Modelling Growth And Morphogenesis Of Colonic Organoids, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, about 13 hours ago
ReferenceSCI1719Closing DateWednesday, 14th June 2017DepartmentMathematical Sciences University of Adelaide-University of Nottingham Joint PhD in Mathematics Supervisors This project is offered jo...