- Imaging and tissue response in radiotherapy top up scholarship
- The physics research group based in the Department of Radiation Oncology, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital (SCGH), forms part of a multidisciplinary team studying and optimising the role of radiation delivery (radiotherapy) for cancer treatment. Project activities include processing and analysis of patient imaging and associated digital data, computational modelling of biophysical processes and radiation interactions, measurement of radiation, collection and analysis of patient data during clinical trials. The group is led by A/Prof Martin Ebert and currently includes 2 PhD and multiple MSc students.One of the principal factors limiting the increased effectiveness of modern radiotherapy is the potential for damage to normal (ie., non-cancerous) tissues. We are looking at the response of normal tissues during treatment of various cancer types and have collected, or are in the process of collecting, clinical data to relate complex dose distributions to resulting toxicity. The research to be undertaken will encompass one or more of:
- Methods of image registration using patient functional imaging.
- Development of mathematical models to describe regional organ function and correlation of functional changes with radiation dose distributions.
- Analysis of functional SPECT imaging for kidney response.
- Models for normal tissue response in prostate radiotherapy.
- Practical methods of implementing normal tissue response models into the planning of patient treatments.
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Please see conditions
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- Elegibility: Please note that this scholarship is for a living allowance only. Any International prospective students must also apply for a SIRF scholarship to cover the cost of international student tuition fees and health care cover.
- Have completed a four year undergraduate degree at first-class honours level or equivalent. An applicant may be disadvantaged if the Scholarships Committee cannot make a comparison with The University of Western Australia's standards, particularly in relation to the class of Honours achieved, ie first or second class Honours;
- Intend to enrol as a full-time candidate for a PhD degree;
- Provide evidence of achieving English language proficiency
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen, Chinese Citizen, Australian Humanitarian Visa, International, ADS Participating Country, Member Country of the Commonwealth, Canadian, Indian, Citizen of Pakistan
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Scholarship In Physics, The University of Queensland, Australia, 25 days ago
Apply now Job no:498455 Area:Faculty of Science Salary (FTE):School Schol (APA Rate) NONBAND ($26,288.00 - $26,288.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia, Brisbane The discipline...
Ph D Scholarship – Sustainable Consumption And Digital Media, Swinburne University of Technology , Australia, 20 days ago
Applications are invited for a PhD scholarship based at the Swinburne University, Hawthorn campus, Melbourne, Australia, in conjunction with CSIRO. The PhD scholarship is part of a collaborati...
School Of Business And Law (Sbl) Ph D Scholarship (Domestic), Edith Cowan University, Australia, 10 days ago
This is one of 2 new PhD scholarships being set up by SBL (one for a domestic student and another for an international student) to promote international/cross-cultural research. This scholarship i...
Ucl Search Engine: Sainsbury Wellcome Centre Ph D Studentships In Systems Neuroscience, Ref:1532800, University College London, United Kingdom, 25 days ago
SWC invites applications for its 2016 PhD studentships in Systems Neuroscience. There are hard questions to answer in neuroscience and the Centre is looking for exceptional, highly-motivated stud...
Telerehabilitation In Bus Hkids Ph D Scholarship, The University of Queensland, Australia, 4 days ago
Apply now Job no:498491 Area:Faculty of Health and Behavioural Sciences Salary (FTE):School Schol (APA Rate) NONBAND ($26,288.00 - $26,288.00) Work type:Full Time - Fixed Term Location: St Lucia, ...
Ph D Position: Phase Imaging Applied To The Analysis Of Laser Material Interactions, Institut_Fresnel, France, 6 days ago
Job posted by Institut_Fresnel (01/02/2016 09.43) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researc...