- Imaging and tissue response in radiotherapy top up scholarship
- The physics research group based in the Department of Radiation Oncology, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital (SCGH), forms part of a multidisciplinary team studying and optimising the role of radiation delivery (radiotherapy) for cancer treatment. Project activities include processing and analysis of patient imaging and associated digital data, computational modelling of biophysical processes and radiation interactions, measurement of radiation, collection and analysis of patient data during clinical trials. The group is led by A/Prof Martin Ebert and currently includes 2 PhD and multiple MSc students.One of the principal factors limiting the increased effectiveness of modern radiotherapy is the potential for damage to normal (ie., non-cancerous) tissues. We are looking at the response of normal tissues during treatment of various cancer types and have collected, or are in the process of collecting, clinical data to relate complex dose distributions to resulting toxicity. The research to be undertaken will encompass one or more of:
- Methods of image registration using patient functional imaging.
- Development of mathematical models to describe regional organ function and correlation of functional changes with radiation dose distributions.
- Analysis of functional SPECT imaging for kidney response.
- Models for normal tissue response in prostate radiotherapy.
- Practical methods of implementing normal tissue response models into the planning of patient treatments.
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Please see conditions
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- Elegibility: Please note that this scholarship is for a living allowance only. Any International prospective students must also apply for a SIRF scholarship to cover the cost of international student tuition fees and health care cover.
- Have completed a four year undergraduate degree at first-class honours level or equivalent. An applicant may be disadvantaged if the Scholarships Committee cannot make a comparison with The University of Western Australia's standards, particularly in relation to the class of Honours achieved, ie first or second class Honours;
- Intend to enrol as a full-time candidate for a PhD degree;
- Provide evidence of achieving English language proficiency
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen, Chinese Citizen, Australian Humanitarian Visa, International, ADS Participating Country, Member Country of the Commonwealth, Canadian, Indian, Citizen of Pakistan
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Sir Robert Menzies Memorial Scholarships In Law, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 10 days ago
The Sir Robert Menzies Memorial Foundation is offering two post-graduate scholarships in law: the Sir Robert Menzies Memorial Scholarship in Law and the Sir Ninian Stephen Menzies Scholarship in I...
Commonwealth Scholarships To The United Kingdom, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 11 days ago
Value: Please use "2016 Prospectus" link. Tenure of award: Up to 12 months’ support for study at an eligible UK university as part of a PhD being undertaken in your home country, under the joint s...
Ph D Scholarships In Advanced Battery Technology, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 25 days ago
The Centre for Clean Energy Technology (CCET) at the University of Technology Sydney (UTS) is offering three PhD research scholarships to outstanding candidates to work on electromaterials for ap...
Ph D Studentship: Nanoparticles For Antimicrobial Applications, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, 27 days ago
Applications are invited for a PhD studentship starting in October 2016 in the group of Professor Oren Scherman, based in the Melville Laboratory for Polymer Synthesis, in collaboration with MedIm...
Christopher Chen Ph D Scholarship In Reproductive Medicine, The University of Queensland, Australia, 12 days ago
Apply now Job no:498955 Area:Faculty of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences Salary (FTE):APA Scholarship NON-BANDED ($26,288.00 - $26,288.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: Herston In pa...
Call For Four Phd Scholarships, CIS-IUL / ISCTE-IUL, Portugal, 9 days ago
Job posted by CIS-IUL / ISCTE-IUL (20/05/2016 16.43) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Rese...