- Imaging and tissue response in radiotherapy top up scholarship
- The physics research group based in the Department of Radiation Oncology, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital (SCGH), forms part of a multidisciplinary team studying and optimising the role of radiation delivery (radiotherapy) for cancer treatment. Project activities include processing and analysis of patient imaging and associated digital data, computational modelling of biophysical processes and radiation interactions, measurement of radiation, collection and analysis of patient data during clinical trials. The group is led by A/Prof Martin Ebert and currently includes 2 PhD and multiple MSc students.One of the principal factors limiting the increased effectiveness of modern radiotherapy is the potential for damage to normal (ie., non-cancerous) tissues. We are looking at the response of normal tissues during treatment of various cancer types and have collected, or are in the process of collecting, clinical data to relate complex dose distributions to resulting toxicity. The research to be undertaken will encompass one or more of:
- Methods of image registration using patient functional imaging.
- Development of mathematical models to describe regional organ function and correlation of functional changes with radiation dose distributions.
- Analysis of functional SPECT imaging for kidney response.
- Models for normal tissue response in prostate radiotherapy.
- Practical methods of implementing normal tissue response models into the planning of patient treatments.
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Please see conditions
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- Elegibility: Please note that this scholarship is for a living allowance only. Any International prospective students must also apply for a SIRF scholarship to cover the cost of international student tuition fees and health care cover.
- Have completed a four year undergraduate degree at first-class honours level or equivalent. An applicant may be disadvantaged if the Scholarships Committee cannot make a comparison with The University of Western Australia's standards, particularly in relation to the class of Honours achieved, ie first or second class Honours;
- Intend to enrol as a full-time candidate for a PhD degree;
- Provide evidence of achieving English language proficiency
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen, Chinese Citizen, Australian Humanitarian Visa, International, ADS Participating Country, Member Country of the Commonwealth, Canadian, Indian, Citizen of Pakistan
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
University College Old Members Oxford Australia Scholarship, Oxford-Australia Fund, Australia, 19 days ago
About this scholarship University College Old Members - Oxford Australia Scholarship The University College Old Members - Oxford Australia Fund Scholarship is open to postgraduate students in any ...
Ph D Studentship: Investigating Interactions Between Vacuolar At Pase Proton Pumps And Androgen Receptor Signalling In Prostate Cancer, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Cancer Sciences Location: Southampton General Hospital Closing Date: Sunday 31 May 2015 Interview Date: Reference: 561115CM Lead Institute / Faculty: Cancer Sciences Unit, Faculty of Medicine/Cent...
Marine Microbe Ph D Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 27 days ago
Marine microbes are key players in a range of important ecosystem functions. This project will be part of a large collaborative research team involving marine microbial ecologists from across Aust...
New Colombo Plan – Scholarship Program Ugtr1037, University of New South Wales, Australia, 3 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Second year students, Third year and above Opens 30/04/2015 Closing Date 04/07/2015 For commencement Semester 1 2016 Value $67,000 Scholarship(s) available For one se...
Ph D Position, Institute of Electronics and Telecommunications of Rennnes, France, 5 days ago
Job posted by Institute of Electronics and Telecommunications of Rennnes (28/04/2015 16.10) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing...
Australian Rotary Health Ph D Scholarships, Griffith University, Australia, 16 days ago
About Australian Rotary Health Australian Rotary Health is a multi-district project for Rotary in Australia, with over 1,150 Rotary Clubs and 38,000 Rotarians supporting it. Australian Rotary Heal...