- Imaging and tissue response in radiotherapy top up scholarship
- The physics research group based in the Department of Radiation Oncology, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital (SCGH), forms part of a multidisciplinary team studying and optimising the role of radiation delivery (radiotherapy) for cancer treatment. Project activities include processing and analysis of patient imaging and associated digital data, computational modelling of biophysical processes and radiation interactions, measurement of radiation, collection and analysis of patient data during clinical trials. The group is led by A/Prof Martin Ebert and currently includes 2 PhD and multiple MSc students.One of the principal factors limiting the increased effectiveness of modern radiotherapy is the potential for damage to normal (ie., non-cancerous) tissues. We are looking at the response of normal tissues during treatment of various cancer types and have collected, or are in the process of collecting, clinical data to relate complex dose distributions to resulting toxicity. The research to be undertaken will encompass one or more of:
- Methods of image registration using patient functional imaging.
- Development of mathematical models to describe regional organ function and correlation of functional changes with radiation dose distributions.
- Analysis of functional SPECT imaging for kidney response.
- Models for normal tissue response in prostate radiotherapy.
- Practical methods of implementing normal tissue response models into the planning of patient treatments.
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Please see conditions
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- Elegibility: Please note that this scholarship is for a living allowance only. Any International prospective students must also apply for a SIRF scholarship to cover the cost of international student tuition fees and health care cover.
- Have completed a four year undergraduate degree at first-class honours level or equivalent. An applicant may be disadvantaged if the Scholarships Committee cannot make a comparison with The University of Western Australia's standards, particularly in relation to the class of Honours achieved, ie first or second class Honours;
- Intend to enrol as a full-time candidate for a PhD degree;
- Provide evidence of achieving English language proficiency
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen, Chinese Citizen, Australian Humanitarian Visa, International, ADS Participating Country, Member Country of the Commonwealth, Canadian, Indian, Citizen of Pakistan
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Phd Position Mri Only Workflow M/F, Vacancy Number 2014/0709, University Medical Center Utrecht (UMC Utrecht), Netherlands, 21 days ago
Job posted by AcademicTransfer (08/01/2015 02.01) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researc...
Indigenous Australian Reconciliation Ph D Scholarship, Australian National University, Australia, 30 days ago
Overview Each year ANU normally offers one scholarship to an indigenous Australian to undertake a PhD. Field of study Open Eligibility Bachelors degree with at least upper second-class honours, or...
Anu Ph D Scholarships, Australian National University, Australia, 30 days ago
Overview A number of ANU PhD Scholarships which provide a stipend are funded by Colleges. It is normal for recipients to undertake study on a full-time basis. However, in accordance with strict cr...
Monash University Jubilee Honours Scholarship, Monash University, Australia, about 15 hours ago
Honours year scholarships Monash University Jubilee Honours Scholarship The Monash University Jubilee Honours Scholarship was introduced to acknowledge the occasion of the 50th anniversary of Mona...
Rsc Supplementary Scholarships, Australian National University, Australia, 30 days ago
Overview The purpose of this scholarship is to attract Australian and New Zealand students of high calibre to pursue postgraduate research within the Research School of Chemistry. The scholarship ...
Australian Postgraduate Awards (Apa), Australian National University, Australia, 30 days ago
Overview The Commonwealth Department of Education makes available each year a number of awards for study by research leading to a higher degree. It is normal for recipients to undertake study on ...