- Imaging and tissue response in radiotherapy top up scholarship
- The physics research group based in the Department of Radiation Oncology, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital (SCGH), forms part of a multidisciplinary team studying and optimising the role of radiation delivery (radiotherapy) for cancer treatment. Project activities include processing and analysis of patient imaging and associated digital data, computational modelling of biophysical processes and radiation interactions, measurement of radiation, collection and analysis of patient data during clinical trials. The group is led by A/Prof Martin Ebert and currently includes 2 PhD and multiple MSc students.One of the principal factors limiting the increased effectiveness of modern radiotherapy is the potential for damage to normal (ie., non-cancerous) tissues. We are looking at the response of normal tissues during treatment of various cancer types and have collected, or are in the process of collecting, clinical data to relate complex dose distributions to resulting toxicity. The research to be undertaken will encompass one or more of:
- Methods of image registration using patient functional imaging.
- Development of mathematical models to describe regional organ function and correlation of functional changes with radiation dose distributions.
- Analysis of functional SPECT imaging for kidney response.
- Models for normal tissue response in prostate radiotherapy.
- Practical methods of implementing normal tissue response models into the planning of patient treatments.
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Please see conditions
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- Elegibility: Please note that this scholarship is for a living allowance only. Any International prospective students must also apply for a SIRF scholarship to cover the cost of international student tuition fees and health care cover.
- Have completed a four year undergraduate degree at first-class honours level or equivalent. An applicant may be disadvantaged if the Scholarships Committee cannot make a comparison with The University of Western Australia's standards, particularly in relation to the class of Honours achieved, ie first or second class Honours;
- Intend to enrol as a full-time candidate for a PhD degree;
- Provide evidence of achieving English language proficiency
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen, Chinese Citizen, Australian Humanitarian Visa, International, ADS Participating Country, Member Country of the Commonwealth, Canadian, Indian, Citizen of Pakistan
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Physical Activity And Health Ph D Scholarship, University of Southern Queensland, Australia, about 12 hours ago
The University of Southern Queensland has two PhD scholarships to award for 2017 in the field of Physical Activity & Health. A new research group, led by Professor Stuart Biddle, will be starting ...
Dr Ho Kok Tong Scholarship Ugce1245, University of New South Wales, Australia, 11 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers Opens 11/01/2017 Closing Date 31/01/2017 For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $6,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For up to 6 years Residency Aus ...
Indigenous Access Scholarships (Ias), University of Southern Queensland, Australia, 7 days ago
Due to changes in funding guidelines for the Commonwealth Indigenous Scholarships, the scholarships that USQ offers in 2017 will be different from previous years. Applications will open late Janua...
Ph D Studentship Terahertz Spectroscopy/Imaging For Monitoring Realtime Transport In Catalyst Materials (Fixed Term), University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, 4 days ago
A 4-year, fully funded PhD studentship (EPSRC iCASE award with Johnson Matthey) is available in the Terahertz Applications Group working with Dr Axel Zeitler on Terahertz spectroscopy/imaging for ...
Future Of Change Scholarships Ugce1283, University of New South Wales, Australia, 14 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers, First year students, Second year students, Third year and above, Postgraduate students Opens 09/01/2017 Closing Date 30/05/2017 For commencement ...
Ph D Scholarship Funded By Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (Nda) On Automated Visual Detection Of Plant Anomalies, University of Surrey, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
View All Vacancies Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering Location: Guildford Post Type: Full Time Advert Placed: Tuesday 17 January 2017 Closing Date: Thursday 16 February 2017 Int...