- Imaging and tissue response in radiotherapy top up scholarship
- The physics research group based in the Department of Radiation Oncology, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital (SCGH), forms part of a multidisciplinary team studying and optimising the role of radiation delivery (radiotherapy) for cancer treatment. Project activities include processing and analysis of patient imaging and associated digital data, computational modelling of biophysical processes and radiation interactions, measurement of radiation, collection and analysis of patient data during clinical trials. The group is led by A/Prof Martin Ebert and currently includes 2 PhD and multiple MSc students.One of the principal factors limiting the increased effectiveness of modern radiotherapy is the potential for damage to normal (ie., non-cancerous) tissues. We are looking at the response of normal tissues during treatment of various cancer types and have collected, or are in the process of collecting, clinical data to relate complex dose distributions to resulting toxicity. The research to be undertaken will encompass one or more of:
- Methods of image registration using patient functional imaging.
- Development of mathematical models to describe regional organ function and correlation of functional changes with radiation dose distributions.
- Analysis of functional SPECT imaging for kidney response.
- Models for normal tissue response in prostate radiotherapy.
- Practical methods of implementing normal tissue response models into the planning of patient treatments.
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Please see conditions
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- Elegibility: Please note that this scholarship is for a living allowance only. Any International prospective students must also apply for a SIRF scholarship to cover the cost of international student tuition fees and health care cover.
- Have completed a four year undergraduate degree at first-class honours level or equivalent. An applicant may be disadvantaged if the Scholarships Committee cannot make a comparison with The University of Western Australia's standards, particularly in relation to the class of Honours achieved, ie first or second class Honours;
- Intend to enrol as a full-time candidate for a PhD degree;
- Provide evidence of achieving English language proficiency
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen, Chinese Citizen, Australian Humanitarian Visa, International, ADS Participating Country, Member Country of the Commonwealth, Canadian, Indian, Citizen of Pakistan
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Student, Erasmus MC, Netherlands, 24 days ago
Job posted by AcademicTransfer (07/08/2015 02.45) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researc...
The Goda Foundation Ph D Scholarship, Griffith University, Australia, 3 days ago
About the research The Goda Foundation PhD Scholarship will provide vital support in helping to progress research into a clinical setting; a crucial aspect in ensuring that medical research impac...
Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship, University of Tasmania, Australia, 26 days ago
Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship In celebration of Westpac Group’s upcoming 200th anniversary on 8 April 2017, the Westpac Bicentennial Foundation has been established. The Foundation has been e...
Commonwealth Scholarships In South Africa Ph D & Masters, Massey University, New Zealand, 25 days ago
Closing date: 07/09/2015 Level PhD (supported by the David & Elaine Potter Foundation) and Master’s Scholarships available PhD: 2 Master's: 7 Tenable at Cape Peninsula University of Technology Cen...
Ph D Scholarships In Civil And Chemical Engineering, The University of Queensland, Australia, 26 days ago
Apply now Job no:497773 Area:Faculty Of Engineering, Architecture & Info Tech Salary (FTE):APA Industry Post 2005 Scholar NBAN ($31,298.00 - $31,298.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location:...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Economic Evaluation Of Chronic Pain Interventions, University of Sydney, Australia, 21 days ago
Funding Body: The University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Economic Evaluation of Chronic Pain Interventions Research Areas: Humanities & Social Sciences; Health Sciences; Sciences ...