- Imaging and tissue response in radiotherapy top up scholarship
- The physics research group based in the Department of Radiation Oncology, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital (SCGH), forms part of a multidisciplinary team studying and optimising the role of radiation delivery (radiotherapy) for cancer treatment. Project activities include processing and analysis of patient imaging and associated digital data, computational modelling of biophysical processes and radiation interactions, measurement of radiation, collection and analysis of patient data during clinical trials. The group is led by A/Prof Martin Ebert and currently includes 2 PhD and multiple MSc students.One of the principal factors limiting the increased effectiveness of modern radiotherapy is the potential for damage to normal (ie., non-cancerous) tissues. We are looking at the response of normal tissues during treatment of various cancer types and have collected, or are in the process of collecting, clinical data to relate complex dose distributions to resulting toxicity. The research to be undertaken will encompass one or more of:
- Methods of image registration using patient functional imaging.
- Development of mathematical models to describe regional organ function and correlation of functional changes with radiation dose distributions.
- Analysis of functional SPECT imaging for kidney response.
- Models for normal tissue response in prostate radiotherapy.
- Practical methods of implementing normal tissue response models into the planning of patient treatments.
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Please see conditions
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- Elegibility: Please note that this scholarship is for a living allowance only. Any International prospective students must also apply for a SIRF scholarship to cover the cost of international student tuition fees and health care cover.
- Have completed a four year undergraduate degree at first-class honours level or equivalent. An applicant may be disadvantaged if the Scholarships Committee cannot make a comparison with The University of Western Australia's standards, particularly in relation to the class of Honours achieved, ie first or second class Honours;
- Intend to enrol as a full-time candidate for a PhD degree;
- Provide evidence of achieving English language proficiency
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen, Chinese Citizen, Australian Humanitarian Visa, International, ADS Participating Country, Member Country of the Commonwealth, Canadian, Indian, Citizen of Pakistan
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Student, Ghent University, Netherlands, 20 days ago
Job description Joint SCK•CEN & Ghent University PhD project: The work will be executed partly at SCK•CEN (Radiobiology Unit, Molecular and Cellular Biology Expert Group, Institute for Environment...
Ph D Positions In Development Of Novel Polymer Imaging Agents, The University of Queensland, Australia, 11 days ago
Australian Institute for Bioengineering and Nanotechnology The University of Queensland's Australian Institute for Bioengineering and Nanotechnology (AIBN) is an integrated multi-disciplinary rese...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Physics, University of Sydney, Australia, 13 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Physics Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: A full-time postgraduate scholarship is...
Ph D Stipend, Proteomics Program, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 3 days ago
Title: PhD stipend, Proteomics Program Tenure: Three years One PhD student position is available in the Group of Prof. Jesper V. Olsen at The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research (C...
Ph D Scholarship In Genetic And Epigenetic Profiling Of Multiple Myeloma, The University of Queensland, Australia, 11 days ago
Apply now Job no:497091 Area:UQ Diamantina Institute Salary (FTE):APA Scholarship NON-BANDED ($25,849.00 - $25,849.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: Brisbane The University of Queens...
Ph D Student Position In Molecular Biosciences, Stockholm University, Sweden, 27 days ago
PhD student position in Molecular Biosciences at the Department of Molecular Biosciences, The Wenner-Gren Institute. Reference number SU FV-0348-15. Deadline for applications: February 24, 2015. R...