- Imaging and tissue response in radiotherapy top up scholarship
- The physics research group based in the Department of Radiation Oncology, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital (SCGH), forms part of a multidisciplinary team studying and optimising the role of radiation delivery (radiotherapy) for cancer treatment. Project activities include processing and analysis of patient imaging and associated digital data, computational modelling of biophysical processes and radiation interactions, measurement of radiation, collection and analysis of patient data during clinical trials. The group is led by A/Prof Martin Ebert and currently includes 2 PhD and multiple MSc students.One of the principal factors limiting the increased effectiveness of modern radiotherapy is the potential for damage to normal (ie., non-cancerous) tissues. We are looking at the response of normal tissues during treatment of various cancer types and have collected, or are in the process of collecting, clinical data to relate complex dose distributions to resulting toxicity. The research to be undertaken will encompass one or more of:
- Methods of image registration using patient functional imaging.
- Development of mathematical models to describe regional organ function and correlation of functional changes with radiation dose distributions.
- Analysis of functional SPECT imaging for kidney response.
- Models for normal tissue response in prostate radiotherapy.
- Practical methods of implementing normal tissue response models into the planning of patient treatments.
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Please see conditions
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- Elegibility: Please note that this scholarship is for a living allowance only. Any International prospective students must also apply for a SIRF scholarship to cover the cost of international student tuition fees and health care cover.
- Have completed a four year undergraduate degree at first-class honours level or equivalent. An applicant may be disadvantaged if the Scholarships Committee cannot make a comparison with The University of Western Australia's standards, particularly in relation to the class of Honours achieved, ie first or second class Honours;
- Intend to enrol as a full-time candidate for a PhD degree;
- Provide evidence of achieving English language proficiency
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen, Chinese Citizen, Australian Humanitarian Visa, International, ADS Participating Country, Member Country of the Commonwealth, Canadian, Indian, Citizen of Pakistan
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Medical Physics: Fully Funded Ph D Studentship: Development Of Accurate Dosimetry For Microbeam Radiotherapy, Swansea University, United Kingdom, 13 days ago
Job posted by Swansea University (18/03/2015 17.29) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Resea...
Ph D In Cancer And Genetics, Cardiff University, United Kingdom, 21 days ago
Job posted by Cardiff University (11/03/2015 10.37) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Resea...
Medical Physics: Fully Funded Ph D Studentship: Development Of Accurate Dosimetry For Microbeam Radiotherapy, Swansea University, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
Medical Physics: Fully-Funded PhD Studentship: Development of Accurate Dosimetry for Microbeam Radiotherapy Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. M...
2 Ph D Positions In Cardiovascular Biomechanics (V50.2237), Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, 20 days ago
Two PhD positions are available in the group Cardiovascular Biomechanics: 1) Modeling tools for data extraction from patient cardiac images 2) Modeling tools for clinical decision making to assist...
Ph D Scholarship Opportunity: Developmental Biology And Genetics, Monash University, Australia, 12 days ago
Job No. 534023 Faculty / Portfolio: Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences Central Clinical School Location: AMREP (Alfred Hospital), Monash University Supervisors: Dr. Sebastian Dworkin...
Mrc Dta Studentship (3 Years), University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
The Medical Research Council Cancer Unit at the University of Cambridge is a leading centre for cancer research in the UK. Our aim is to undertake research into cancer biology that can be translat...