- Imaging and tissue response in radiotherapy top up scholarship
- The physics research group based in the Department of Radiation Oncology, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital (SCGH), forms part of a multidisciplinary team studying and optimising the role of radiation delivery (radiotherapy) for cancer treatment. Project activities include processing and analysis of patient imaging and associated digital data, computational modelling of biophysical processes and radiation interactions, measurement of radiation, collection and analysis of patient data during clinical trials. The group is led by A/Prof Martin Ebert and currently includes 2 PhD and multiple MSc students.One of the principal factors limiting the increased effectiveness of modern radiotherapy is the potential for damage to normal (ie., non-cancerous) tissues. We are looking at the response of normal tissues during treatment of various cancer types and have collected, or are in the process of collecting, clinical data to relate complex dose distributions to resulting toxicity. The research to be undertaken will encompass one or more of:
- Methods of image registration using patient functional imaging.
- Development of mathematical models to describe regional organ function and correlation of functional changes with radiation dose distributions.
- Analysis of functional SPECT imaging for kidney response.
- Models for normal tissue response in prostate radiotherapy.
- Practical methods of implementing normal tissue response models into the planning of patient treatments.
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Please see conditions
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- Elegibility: Please note that this scholarship is for a living allowance only. Any International prospective students must also apply for a SIRF scholarship to cover the cost of international student tuition fees and health care cover.
- Have completed a four year undergraduate degree at first-class honours level or equivalent. An applicant may be disadvantaged if the Scholarships Committee cannot make a comparison with The University of Western Australia's standards, particularly in relation to the class of Honours achieved, ie first or second class Honours;
- Intend to enrol as a full-time candidate for a PhD degree;
- Provide evidence of achieving English language proficiency
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen, Chinese Citizen, Australian Humanitarian Visa, International, ADS Participating Country, Member Country of the Commonwealth, Canadian, Indian, Citizen of Pakistan
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Sir Robert Menzies Memorial Foundation Scholarships In Law And International Law, University of Sydney, Australia, 7 days ago
Funding Body: Menzies Foundation Title: Sir Robert Menzies Memorial Foundation Scholarships in Law and International Law Research Areas: Humanities & Social Sciences Type Overseas Description: The...
Industry Engagement Ph D Scholarship, Disability Access And Inclusion, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 7 days ago
The MARCIA concept is an aspirational status, devised by the City of Bunbury. Bunbury is a large regional city in Western Australia, part of the Greater Bunbury area, with a population of 81,000. ...
Ph D Position In Imaging Disease Connectome, The University of Queensland, Australia, 4 days ago
Apply now Job no:497609 Area:Queensland Brain Institute Salary (FTE):APA Scholarship NON-BANDED ($25,849.00 - $25,849.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia Queensland Brain Inst...
Ph D Scholarship In Radiological Emergency Management, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 21 days ago
Apply no later than 31 July 2015 Apply for the job at DTU Nutech by completing the following form. Apply online DTU Nutech, Technical University of Denmark (DTU), is seeking candidates for a PhD ...
Danielle Sirmai Memorial Award Ugtr1035, University of New South Wales, Australia, 2 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Third year and above, Postgraduate students Opens 01/07/2015 Closing Date 31/08/2015 For commencement Semester 2 2015 Value $5,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For One ...
Csfp (Uk): Scholarships To Developed Commonwealth Countries, UK Commonwealth Scholarship Commission, Europe, 16 days ago
Description Commonwealth Scholarships for students from the developed Commonwealth to study in the United Kingdom will be funded by the UK Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS). The...