- Imaging and tissue response in radiotherapy top up scholarship
- The physics research group based in the Department of Radiation Oncology, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital (SCGH), forms part of a multidisciplinary team studying and optimising the role of radiation delivery (radiotherapy) for cancer treatment. Project activities include processing and analysis of patient imaging and associated digital data, computational modelling of biophysical processes and radiation interactions, measurement of radiation, collection and analysis of patient data during clinical trials. The group is led by A/Prof Martin Ebert and currently includes 2 PhD and multiple MSc students.One of the principal factors limiting the increased effectiveness of modern radiotherapy is the potential for damage to normal (ie., non-cancerous) tissues. We are looking at the response of normal tissues during treatment of various cancer types and have collected, or are in the process of collecting, clinical data to relate complex dose distributions to resulting toxicity. The research to be undertaken will encompass one or more of:
- Methods of image registration using patient functional imaging.
- Development of mathematical models to describe regional organ function and correlation of functional changes with radiation dose distributions.
- Analysis of functional SPECT imaging for kidney response.
- Models for normal tissue response in prostate radiotherapy.
- Practical methods of implementing normal tissue response models into the planning of patient treatments.
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Please see conditions
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- Elegibility: Please note that this scholarship is for a living allowance only. Any International prospective students must also apply for a SIRF scholarship to cover the cost of international student tuition fees and health care cover.
- Have completed a four year undergraduate degree at first-class honours level or equivalent. An applicant may be disadvantaged if the Scholarships Committee cannot make a comparison with The University of Western Australia's standards, particularly in relation to the class of Honours achieved, ie first or second class Honours;
- Intend to enrol as a full-time candidate for a PhD degree;
- Provide evidence of achieving English language proficiency
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen, Chinese Citizen, Australian Humanitarian Visa, International, ADS Participating Country, Member Country of the Commonwealth, Canadian, Indian, Citizen of Pakistan
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Postgraduate Organ Scholarship, University of Aberdeen, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
Home ›Funding Database ›Search Results › Postgraduate Organ Scholarship Summary The Department of Music at the University of Aberdeen seeks to appoint a postgraduate organ scholar to assist in the...
Cyber Security / City Of Joondalup Industry Project Ph D Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 17 days ago
This ECU PhD project will involve working with the City of Joondalup as they continue to set the standard in WA Local Government for its commitment to innovative services, programs, events and fac...
Aust Cham China Scholarship Program, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 23 days ago
A joint initiative developed in response to Australia's growing economic, cultural and political relationship with China. The scholarship is designed for students who have a long term passion for ...
The Rhodes Scholarship For Australia, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 23 days ago
Since the first Australian Rhodes Scholars took up residence in Oxford in 1904, Australian recipients of this prestigious scholarship have established successful careers in public service, academi...
Australian Centre Of Excellence For Local Government (Acelg) Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 23 days ago
Funded by the Australian Centre of Excellence for Local Government (ACELG), this Scholarship is open to commencing Australian domestic or international students who are intending to undertake a Ph...
Local Agent Finder :Prize For Academic Achievement, Flinders University, Australia, 10 days ago
Opening Date: 23-11-2015 Closing Date: 15-01-2016 DESCRIPTION LocalAgentFinder is Australia’s leading real estate agent comparison website. As an agile, digital start up business, LocalAgentFinder...