- Imaging and tissue response in radiotherapy top up scholarship
- The physics research group based in the Department of Radiation Oncology, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital (SCGH), forms part of a multidisciplinary team studying and optimising the role of radiation delivery (radiotherapy) for cancer treatment. Project activities include processing and analysis of patient imaging and associated digital data, computational modelling of biophysical processes and radiation interactions, measurement of radiation, collection and analysis of patient data during clinical trials. The group is led by A/Prof Martin Ebert and currently includes 2 PhD and multiple MSc students.One of the principal factors limiting the increased effectiveness of modern radiotherapy is the potential for damage to normal (ie., non-cancerous) tissues. We are looking at the response of normal tissues during treatment of various cancer types and have collected, or are in the process of collecting, clinical data to relate complex dose distributions to resulting toxicity. The research to be undertaken will encompass one or more of:
- Methods of image registration using patient functional imaging.
- Development of mathematical models to describe regional organ function and correlation of functional changes with radiation dose distributions.
- Analysis of functional SPECT imaging for kidney response.
- Models for normal tissue response in prostate radiotherapy.
- Practical methods of implementing normal tissue response models into the planning of patient treatments.
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Please see conditions
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- Elegibility: Please note that this scholarship is for a living allowance only. Any International prospective students must also apply for a SIRF scholarship to cover the cost of international student tuition fees and health care cover.
- Have completed a four year undergraduate degree at first-class honours level or equivalent. An applicant may be disadvantaged if the Scholarships Committee cannot make a comparison with The University of Western Australia's standards, particularly in relation to the class of Honours achieved, ie first or second class Honours;
- Intend to enrol as a full-time candidate for a PhD degree;
- Provide evidence of achieving English language proficiency
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen, Chinese Citizen, Australian Humanitarian Visa, International, ADS Participating Country, Member Country of the Commonwealth, Canadian, Indian, Citizen of Pakistan
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Studentship Physics (Automation), Autumn 2014, Ref:1440579, University of London, United Kingdom, 9 days ago
PhD studentship: Automated segmentation of tumour targets and normal tissues in the head and neck region to facilitate real-time adaptive radiotherapy The ICR is currently recruiting for this phys...
Ph D Studentship Physics (Dose Calculation), Autumn 2014, Ref:1440574, University of London, United Kingdom, 9 days ago
PhD studentship: Fast Monte-Carlo dose calculation for online adaptive radiation therapy in the presence of a magnetic field The ICR is currently recruiting for this physics PhD studentship, funde...
Ph D Student Dosimetry, Emr, Advanced Radiotherapy, Hasselt University, Belgium, 9 days ago
Vacancy 145/35/001 back The UHasselt contributes to the knowledge economy in the Euregion. Active tutoring, made to measure for the students, topquality research in specific domains and an interna...
Ph D Scholarship Concentrating Solar Thermal Optical Modelling, CSIRO, Australia, 23 days ago
Be mentored by Australia's premier scientific researchers Gain access to our world-class facilities Kickstart your research career with CSIRO! The Position: CSIRO Energy Flagship now welcomes appl...
Ph D In Stem Cell Biology, Ref:1440612, University College London, United Kingdom, 2 days ago
UCL Department / Division Division of Surgery and Interventional Science Specific unit / Sub department Centre for Regenerative Medicine and Nanotechnology Duration of Studentship 3 years Stipend ...
Ph D Scholarship In Exercise Physiology, La Trobe University, Australia, 21 days ago
Highest Australian ranking for research in Human Movement and Sports Science World-class research training, based at the Bendigo Campus Stipend of $25,392 per annum full-time (tax exempt, 2014 rat...