- Imaging and tissue response in radiotherapy top up scholarship
- The physics research group based in the Department of Radiation Oncology, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital (SCGH), forms part of a multidisciplinary team studying and optimising the role of radiation delivery (radiotherapy) for cancer treatment. Project activities include processing and analysis of patient imaging and associated digital data, computational modelling of biophysical processes and radiation interactions, measurement of radiation, collection and analysis of patient data during clinical trials. The group is led by A/Prof Martin Ebert and currently includes 2 PhD and multiple MSc students.One of the principal factors limiting the increased effectiveness of modern radiotherapy is the potential for damage to normal (ie., non-cancerous) tissues. We are looking at the response of normal tissues during treatment of various cancer types and have collected, or are in the process of collecting, clinical data to relate complex dose distributions to resulting toxicity. The research to be undertaken will encompass one or more of:
- Methods of image registration using patient functional imaging.
- Development of mathematical models to describe regional organ function and correlation of functional changes with radiation dose distributions.
- Analysis of functional SPECT imaging for kidney response.
- Models for normal tissue response in prostate radiotherapy.
- Practical methods of implementing normal tissue response models into the planning of patient treatments.
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Please see conditions
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- Elegibility: Please note that this scholarship is for a living allowance only. Any International prospective students must also apply for a SIRF scholarship to cover the cost of international student tuition fees and health care cover.
- Have completed a four year undergraduate degree at first-class honours level or equivalent. An applicant may be disadvantaged if the Scholarships Committee cannot make a comparison with The University of Western Australia's standards, particularly in relation to the class of Honours achieved, ie first or second class Honours;
- Intend to enrol as a full-time candidate for a PhD degree;
- Provide evidence of achieving English language proficiency
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen, Chinese Citizen, Australian Humanitarian Visa, International, ADS Participating Country, Member Country of the Commonwealth, Canadian, Indian, Citizen of Pakistan
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Studentship: Photoresponsive Nanocomposite Coatings For Anti Laser Dazzling In Aviation Safety, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, 4 days ago
Engineering & the Environment Location: Highfield Campus Closing Date: Friday 30 June 2017 Reference: ENGSCI-BIO-359 Laser attacks penetrating aircraft windshields at pilots are incredibly dangero...
Ph D Studentship: Hollow Beam Lasers And Laser Processing, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, 4 days ago
Optoelectronics Research Centre Location: Highfield Campus Closing Date: Thursday 31 August 2017 Reference: 885917EH Supervisor: Prof. Andy Clarkson Co-supervisors: Dr Jacob M...
Ph D Studentship: High Power Mid Infrared Lasers, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, 4 days ago
Optoelectronics Research Centre Location: Highfield Campus Closing Date: Monday 31 July 2017 Reference: 886017EH Supervisor: Prof. Andy Clarkson Co-supervisor: Dr Peter Shar...
Ph D Position: Two Photon Selective Plane Illumination Microscopy Through Fibres, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 21 hours ago
Apply no later than 23 July 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Fotonik by completing the following form. Apply online The Department of Photonics Engineering at the Technical University of Denmark has ...
Ph D Scholarship In Reactor Physics, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 21 hours ago
Apply no later than 6 August 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Nutech by completing the following form. Apply online DTU Nutech, the Radiation Physics Division, is seeking candidates for a PhD positi...
Ph D Scholarship Biodegradable Mg Alloys, The University of Queensland, Australia, 23 days ago
The School of Mechanical and Mining Engineering maintains a world class reputation and is at the cutting-edge of engineering education, research and expert consultation across the fields of mechan...