- Imaging and tissue response in radiotherapy top up scholarship
- The physics research group based in the Department of Radiation Oncology, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital (SCGH), forms part of a multidisciplinary team studying and optimising the role of radiation delivery (radiotherapy) for cancer treatment. Project activities include processing and analysis of patient imaging and associated digital data, computational modelling of biophysical processes and radiation interactions, measurement of radiation, collection and analysis of patient data during clinical trials. The group is led by A/Prof Martin Ebert and currently includes 2 PhD and multiple MSc students.One of the principal factors limiting the increased effectiveness of modern radiotherapy is the potential for damage to normal (ie., non-cancerous) tissues. We are looking at the response of normal tissues during treatment of various cancer types and have collected, or are in the process of collecting, clinical data to relate complex dose distributions to resulting toxicity. The research to be undertaken will encompass one or more of:
- Methods of image registration using patient functional imaging.
- Development of mathematical models to describe regional organ function and correlation of functional changes with radiation dose distributions.
- Analysis of functional SPECT imaging for kidney response.
- Models for normal tissue response in prostate radiotherapy.
- Practical methods of implementing normal tissue response models into the planning of patient treatments.
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Please see conditions
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- Elegibility: Please note that this scholarship is for a living allowance only. Any International prospective students must also apply for a SIRF scholarship to cover the cost of international student tuition fees and health care cover.
- Have completed a four year undergraduate degree at first-class honours level or equivalent. An applicant may be disadvantaged if the Scholarships Committee cannot make a comparison with The University of Western Australia's standards, particularly in relation to the class of Honours achieved, ie first or second class Honours;
- Intend to enrol as a full-time candidate for a PhD degree;
- Provide evidence of achieving English language proficiency
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen, Chinese Citizen, Australian Humanitarian Visa, International, ADS Participating Country, Member Country of the Commonwealth, Canadian, Indian, Citizen of Pakistan
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Scholarships In The Fields Of Cancer And Pain Research, The University of Queensland, Australia, 12 days ago
The University of Queensland's Institute for Molecular Bioscience is a leading global research institute. IMB was established in 2000 as UQ's first research institute and is the cornerstone of one...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Evidence Based Follow Up For Patients With Melanoma, University of Sydney, Australia, 27 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney and Melanoma Institute Australia Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Evidence Based Follow-up for Patients with Melanoma Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Post...
Ph D Student ‘Pet Imaging Of Angiogenesis In Cancer With A Dimeric Rgd Peptide’, Radboud university medical center, Netherlands, 15 days ago
Job posted by AcademicTransfer (06/12/2014 02.01) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researc...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Biomarkers In Inflammatory Neuropathies, University of Sydney, Australia, 5 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Biomarkers in Inflammatory Neuropathies Research Areas: Health Sciences; Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Des...
2 Ph Ds In Neutron & X Ray Scattering, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 3 days ago
2 PhDs in Neutron & X-ray Scattering Department/faculty: Applied Sciences Level: Master degree Working hours: 38 hours per week Contract: 4 years Salary: €2083 to €2664 Applied Sciences The Facult...
Ph D Student ‘Tissue Guided Cancer Cell Invasion: Molecular Biophysics And Implications For Therapy’ , Radboud university medical center, Netherlands, 9 days ago
Job posted by AcademicTransfer (12/12/2014 02.31) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researc...