- Imaging and tissue response in radiotherapy top up scholarship
- The physics research group based in the Department of Radiation Oncology, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital (SCGH), forms part of a multidisciplinary team studying and optimising the role of radiation delivery (radiotherapy) for cancer treatment. Project activities include processing and analysis of patient imaging and associated digital data, computational modelling of biophysical processes and radiation interactions, measurement of radiation, collection and analysis of patient data during clinical trials. The group is led by A/Prof Martin Ebert and currently includes 2 PhD and multiple MSc students.One of the principal factors limiting the increased effectiveness of modern radiotherapy is the potential for damage to normal (ie., non-cancerous) tissues. We are looking at the response of normal tissues during treatment of various cancer types and have collected, or are in the process of collecting, clinical data to relate complex dose distributions to resulting toxicity. The research to be undertaken will encompass one or more of:
- Methods of image registration using patient functional imaging.
- Development of mathematical models to describe regional organ function and correlation of functional changes with radiation dose distributions.
- Analysis of functional SPECT imaging for kidney response.
- Models for normal tissue response in prostate radiotherapy.
- Practical methods of implementing normal tissue response models into the planning of patient treatments.
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Please see conditions
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- Elegibility: Please note that this scholarship is for a living allowance only. Any International prospective students must also apply for a SIRF scholarship to cover the cost of international student tuition fees and health care cover.
- Have completed a four year undergraduate degree at first-class honours level or equivalent. An applicant may be disadvantaged if the Scholarships Committee cannot make a comparison with The University of Western Australia's standards, particularly in relation to the class of Honours achieved, ie first or second class Honours;
- Intend to enrol as a full-time candidate for a PhD degree;
- Provide evidence of achieving English language proficiency
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen, Chinese Citizen, Australian Humanitarian Visa, International, ADS Participating Country, Member Country of the Commonwealth, Canadian, Indian, Citizen of Pakistan
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
The Sir Robert Menzies Memorial Scholarship In Law And The Sir Ninian Stephen Menzies Scholarship In International Law, University of Sydney, Australia, 26 days ago
Funding Body: Menzies Foundation Title: The Sir Robert Menzies Memorial Scholarship in Law and The Sir Ninian Stephen Menzies Scholarship in International Law Research Areas: Humanities & Social S...
Ph D Scholarship In Medical Radiation Dosimetry, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 16 days ago
Apply no later than 15 May 2016 Apply for the job at DTU Nutech by completing the following form. Apply online The Radiation Physics Division at DTU Nutech is seeking candidates for a PhD positio...
Ph D Student,, Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica (CWI), Netherlands, 3 days ago
Job posted by universitypositions (27/04/2016 11.04) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Rese...
Victoria Master's [By Thesis] Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 28 days ago
Scholarship detail Victoria Master's [by thesis] Scholarship Value: $15,000 plus domestic tuition fees. Tenure of award: One year. Closing dates for applications: 01 November 2016 01 November 2017...
New Colombo Plan – Scholarship Program Ugtr1037, University of New South Wales, Australia, 19 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage First year students, Second year students, Third year and above Opens 12/04/2016 Closing Date 31/05/2016 For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $67,000 Scholarship(s)...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Physics, University of Sydney, Australia, 12 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Physics Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: A full-time postgraduate scholarship is...