- Imaging and tissue response in radiotherapy top up scholarship
- The physics research group based in the Department of Radiation Oncology, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital (SCGH), forms part of a multidisciplinary team studying and optimising the role of radiation delivery (radiotherapy) for cancer treatment. Project activities include processing and analysis of patient imaging and associated digital data, computational modelling of biophysical processes and radiation interactions, measurement of radiation, collection and analysis of patient data during clinical trials. The group is led by A/Prof Martin Ebert and currently includes 2 PhD and multiple MSc students.One of the principal factors limiting the increased effectiveness of modern radiotherapy is the potential for damage to normal (ie., non-cancerous) tissues. We are looking at the response of normal tissues during treatment of various cancer types and have collected, or are in the process of collecting, clinical data to relate complex dose distributions to resulting toxicity. The research to be undertaken will encompass one or more of:
- Methods of image registration using patient functional imaging.
- Development of mathematical models to describe regional organ function and correlation of functional changes with radiation dose distributions.
- Analysis of functional SPECT imaging for kidney response.
- Models for normal tissue response in prostate radiotherapy.
- Practical methods of implementing normal tissue response models into the planning of patient treatments.
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Please see conditions
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- Elegibility: Please note that this scholarship is for a living allowance only. Any International prospective students must also apply for a SIRF scholarship to cover the cost of international student tuition fees and health care cover.
- Have completed a four year undergraduate degree at first-class honours level or equivalent. An applicant may be disadvantaged if the Scholarships Committee cannot make a comparison with The University of Western Australia's standards, particularly in relation to the class of Honours achieved, ie first or second class Honours;
- Intend to enrol as a full-time candidate for a PhD degree;
- Provide evidence of achieving English language proficiency
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen, Chinese Citizen, Australian Humanitarian Visa, International, ADS Participating Country, Member Country of the Commonwealth, Canadian, Indian, Citizen of Pakistan
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Tura New Music Ph D Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 10 days ago
This project will gather qualitative and quantitative data on audience response to and engagement with music programs in metropolitan and regional Western Australia. The aim is to better underst...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Biophysics, University of Sydney, Australia, 23 days ago
Funding Body: The University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Biophysics Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: A full-time postgraduate scholar...
Agsm Military Scholarship Pgce1011, University of New South Wales, Australia, 2 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Postgraduate students Opens 26/09/2016 Closing Date See below For commencement Summer Semester 2017 Value $77,760 1 Scholarship(s) available For Duration of program ...
Belgiorno Nettis Scholarship Pgce1012, University of New South Wales, Australia, 14 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Postgraduate students Opens 14/09/2016 Closing Date See below For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $40,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For 2 years Residency No resid...
Australian Research Council Ph D Scholarship, University of Southern Queensland, Australia, 2 days ago
The University of Southern Queensland (USQ) is offering an Australian Research Council (ARC) Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) scholarship to carry out research into reinforced crumbed rubber concrete (C...
Ph D Candidate Opportunity, The University of Queensland, Australia, 24 days ago
Apply now Job no:499473 Area:Institute for Molecular Bioscience Salary (FTE):Research Scholar BAND Work type:Full Time - Fixed Term, Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia, Brisbane The Univer...