- Imaging and tissue response in radiotherapy top up scholarship
- The physics research group based in the Department of Radiation Oncology, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital (SCGH), forms part of a multidisciplinary team studying and optimising the role of radiation delivery (radiotherapy) for cancer treatment. Project activities include processing and analysis of patient imaging and associated digital data, computational modelling of biophysical processes and radiation interactions, measurement of radiation, collection and analysis of patient data during clinical trials. The group is led by A/Prof Martin Ebert and currently includes 2 PhD and multiple MSc students.One of the principal factors limiting the increased effectiveness of modern radiotherapy is the potential for damage to normal (ie., non-cancerous) tissues. We are looking at the response of normal tissues during treatment of various cancer types and have collected, or are in the process of collecting, clinical data to relate complex dose distributions to resulting toxicity. The research to be undertaken will encompass one or more of:
- Methods of image registration using patient functional imaging.
- Development of mathematical models to describe regional organ function and correlation of functional changes with radiation dose distributions.
- Analysis of functional SPECT imaging for kidney response.
- Models for normal tissue response in prostate radiotherapy.
- Practical methods of implementing normal tissue response models into the planning of patient treatments.
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Please see conditions
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- Elegibility: Please note that this scholarship is for a living allowance only. Any International prospective students must also apply for a SIRF scholarship to cover the cost of international student tuition fees and health care cover.
- Have completed a four year undergraduate degree at first-class honours level or equivalent. An applicant may be disadvantaged if the Scholarships Committee cannot make a comparison with The University of Western Australia's standards, particularly in relation to the class of Honours achieved, ie first or second class Honours;
- Intend to enrol as a full-time candidate for a PhD degree;
- Provide evidence of achieving English language proficiency
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen, Chinese Citizen, Australian Humanitarian Visa, International, ADS Participating Country, Member Country of the Commonwealth, Canadian, Indian, Citizen of Pakistan
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Scholarship In Unemployment, Employment Services And The Importance Of Networks, University of Sydney, Australia, 5 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: PhD Scholarship in Unemployment, Employment Services and the Importance of Networks Research Areas: Humanities & Social Sciences Type Postgraduate Researc...
2 Ph D Studentships In Wireless Engineering, University of Liverpool, United Kingdom, 9 days ago
Faculty of Science and Engineering, Department of Electrical Engineering and Electronics Location: Xi’an Jiaotong Liverpool University (XJTLU) in China and the University of Liverpool in the UK Ap...
Ph D Student Position On Acute Stroke Image Analysis In 4 Dct , Radboud university medical center, Netherlands, 4 days ago
Job posted by AcademicTransfer (19/11/2014 02.30) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researc...
1. Fpa# Fh 1335 Title: Staff Cardiologist (2 Positions), Brown University, United States, 25 days ago
1. FPA# FH-1335 Title: Staff Cardiologist (2 Positions) Location: Miriam Rank: Assistant or Associate Professor Search Chair: Douglas Burtt, MD email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org Date posted: 20...
Barnes Clitheroe Baxter College Residential Scholarship Ugce1218, University of New South Wales, Australia, 6 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Opens 17/11/2014 Closing Date 30/01/2015 For commencement Semester 2 2014 Value $9,000 up to $9,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For up to 3 years Residenc...
Fred Katz Award Ugca1080, University of New South Wales, Australia, 23 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Honours year students Opens 01/11/2014 Closing Date 28/02/2015 For commencement Semester 1 2015 Value $2,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year Residency Aus Citiz...