- Imaging and tissue response in radiotherapy top up scholarship
- The physics research group based in the Department of Radiation Oncology, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital (SCGH), forms part of a multidisciplinary team studying and optimising the role of radiation delivery (radiotherapy) for cancer treatment. Project activities include processing and analysis of patient imaging and associated digital data, computational modelling of biophysical processes and radiation interactions, measurement of radiation, collection and analysis of patient data during clinical trials. The group is led by A/Prof Martin Ebert and currently includes 2 PhD and multiple MSc students.One of the principal factors limiting the increased effectiveness of modern radiotherapy is the potential for damage to normal (ie., non-cancerous) tissues. We are looking at the response of normal tissues during treatment of various cancer types and have collected, or are in the process of collecting, clinical data to relate complex dose distributions to resulting toxicity. The research to be undertaken will encompass one or more of:
- Methods of image registration using patient functional imaging.
- Development of mathematical models to describe regional organ function and correlation of functional changes with radiation dose distributions.
- Analysis of functional SPECT imaging for kidney response.
- Models for normal tissue response in prostate radiotherapy.
- Practical methods of implementing normal tissue response models into the planning of patient treatments.
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Please see conditions
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- Elegibility: Please note that this scholarship is for a living allowance only. Any International prospective students must also apply for a SIRF scholarship to cover the cost of international student tuition fees and health care cover.
- Have completed a four year undergraduate degree at first-class honours level or equivalent. An applicant may be disadvantaged if the Scholarships Committee cannot make a comparison with The University of Western Australia's standards, particularly in relation to the class of Honours achieved, ie first or second class Honours;
- Intend to enrol as a full-time candidate for a PhD degree;
- Provide evidence of achieving English language proficiency
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen, Chinese Citizen, Australian Humanitarian Visa, International, ADS Participating Country, Member Country of the Commonwealth, Canadian, Indian, Citizen of Pakistan
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Scholarship In Luminescence Physics, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 28 days ago
Apply no later than 28 August 2016 Apply for the job at DTU Nutech by completing the following form. Apply online The Radiation Physics Division at DTU Nutech is seeking candidates for a PhD posi...
Ph D Positions Available In Telecommunications Engineering Sydney, Australia, UNSW, Australia, 29 days ago
The UNSW Australia School of Electrical Engineering and Telecommunications is seeking high quality students to conduct research leading to degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in the area of “Enhan...
John Monash Scholarship, RMIT University, Australia, 26 days ago
“The privilege of education carries great responsibilities – it is given not for individual benefit alone, but to befit persons for the higher duties of citizenship and for roles of leadership in ...
Ph D Scholarship In Organic Light Emitting Diodes And Charge Transport In Organic Semiconductors, The University of Queensland, Australia, 30 days ago
Apply now Job no:499316 Area:Faculty of Science Salary (FTE):School Schol (APA Rate) NONBAND ($26,288.00 - $26,288.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia, Brisbane The School of ...
Ph D Scholarship In Spectroscopy Of Organic Semiconductors, The University of Queensland, Australia, 30 days ago
Apply now Job no:499317 Area:Faculty of Science Salary (FTE):School Schol (APA Rate) NONBAND ($26,288.00 - $26,288.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia, Brisbane The School of ...
Ph D Scholarship In Chemistry (Organic Optoelectronics), The University of Queensland, Australia, 30 days ago
Apply now Job no:499312 Area:Faculty of Science Salary (FTE):School Schol (APA Rate) NONBAND ($26,288.00 - $26,288.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia, Brisbane The School of ...