Griffith Sports Excellence Scholarship, Griffith University
The Griffith Sports Excellence Scholarships enable gifted sportsmen and sportswomen who have the potential to perform at a sound academic level at a tertiary institution, to gain a higher qualification without forfeiting their sporting opportunities. The scholarship is available to both commencing and continuing students (continuing is defined as students currently enrolled at Griffith University).
The Griffith Sports Excellence Scholarships are valued at $20,000 for up to four (4) years. Applicants will receive a cash benefit (paid per semester).
Griffith is an Elite Athlete-Friendly University and has a strong commitment to sport and the role that it plays in a balanced educational environment. Fostering elite athletes and helping them to participate in sport whilst studying is a major part of that commitment. Griffith has many links with local and international sporting organisations. Griffith University, though the Griffith Sports College, assists elite athletes in sourcing flexible study means to enable them to continue performing at optimum level whilst studying
"The Griffith Sports Scholarships has given me the flexibility to combine my sporting commitments with study. I have found that having something else to concentrate on other than cycling deepens my focus and maintains some balance"
- Sara Carrigan, Bachelor of Business students, Olympic Gold medallist and Commonwealth Games winner (cycling)
Programs of study
Must be eligible for admission to any of Griffith University’s undergraduate or postgraduate programs.
Value and conditions
|Payment type||Total value||Frequency of payments|
|Payment into nominated bank account||$20,000||Semester instalments up to four years|
- Griffith University
Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- demonstrated high achievement in chosen sport and currently competing at International or National level in chosen sport;
- Australian citizen or Australian Permanent Resident
- must be eligible for admission to any of Griffith University's undergraduate or postgraduate programs;
- demonstrated past academic merit;
- chosen sport must meet with the Australian Sports Commission definition of 'sport'
- Provide referee reports.
How to apply
Complete and submit the application form (PDF, 240kb) along with any supporting documentation required by the due date.
15 November 2013
View or Apply