Griffith Business School Asia-Pacific Centre for Franchising Excellence offers this scholarship to support Honours candidates each year. This scholarship has been designed to encourage high achieving students to undertake honours.
A candidate must be eligible to undertake a Griffith Business School Honours program at the Gold Coast, Logan or Nathan campus.
Selection is based on the candidate's minimum GPA of 5.5 in their best twelve(12), second and third year undergraduate courses.
Programs of study
- Master of Business with Honours (5447)
- Master of Human Resource Management with Honours (5389 and 5262)
- Master of Information Systems with Honours (5456)
- Master of International Business with Honours (5312)
- Master of Marketing with Honours (5229 and 5227)
- Master of Business Administration (honours stream only: 5159 and 5158)
- International Master of Business Administration (honours stream only: 5457 and 5458).
It is at the discretion of the Griffith Business School Honours Scholarship Selection Committee to determine:
- procedures for examination of applications and to make a decision on a majority vote;
- the eligibility of students studying part-time;
- not to award scholarships due to lack of eligible and worthy applicants;
- the scholarship value based on the applicant pool.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, applicants will be required to:
- maintain a GPA of 6.0 or above in the coursework component of the program.
Value and conditions
|Payment type||Total value||Frequency of payments|
|Cash||$1000||One payment for full-time candidates|
- Griffith Business School Asia-Pacific Centre for Franchising Excellence
Selection will be based on the following criteria. To be eligible for the scholarship you must:
- be eligible to undertake a Griffith Business School Honours program.
- have been admitted to, and be enrolled in the Griffith Business School Honours program at the Gold Coast, Logan or Nathan campus in Semester 2, 2012;
- have achieved a minimum GPA of 5.5 in their best twelve (120CP's) second and third year courses undertaken during their undergraduate study;
- the eligible candidate's honours thesis must be in the field relating to franchising, which may include specific topics such as;
- Franchise performance, multi-unit franchising, franchise brand, franchise marketing, the franchise relationship, franchising field support, franchising legal issues, franchising site and territory selection, leasing, franchising recruitment, franchise selection, franchise succession planning and international franchise expansion.
- Franchise-related topics outside of the above list may also be considered
- the candidate must agree to undertake a dissertation in the area of franchising under the supervision of at least one APCFE Centre member
- have the ability to communicate effectively
- submit a personal statement as part of the application
- demonstrate outstanding academic and leadership capabilities
How to apply
To apply for a Griffith Business School Asia-Pacific Centre for Franchising Excellence Scholarship you must complete and submit the application form:
- Griffith Business School Asia-Pacific Centre for Franchising Excellence application form (PDF 127k)
Applications close on 21 June 2013.
Royal Bank Of Canada Women In Finance Scholarship (Honours), University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 18 days ago
Royal Bank of Canada Women in Finance Scholarship (Honours) aims to advance the progression of women in finance through rewarding talented female students who are joining the Finance Honours progr...
Todd Foundation Awards For Excellence (Universities), Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 23 days ago
Value: The value of each award varies - can be between $2,000 to $8,000 for one year. Tenure of award: The term of an award shall be at the discretion of the Selection Committee but shall normally...
The Co Op Bookshop Scholarship (Undergraduate), University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 16 days ago
The aim of The Co-op Bookshop Scholarship is to advance skills relevant to modern retail and enhance awareness of Co-operative Business models through rewarding talented students who are undertaki...
Sir William Tyree Award In Commerce (Honours Or Postgrad. Coursework) Puca1006, University of New South Wales, Australia, 25 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Honours year students, Postgraduate students Opens 01/11/2015 Closing Date 28/02/2016 For commencement Semester 1 2016 Value $2,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For 1 y...
Ph D Scholarships In Accounting, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 18 days ago
The Accounting Discipline Group (UTS Business School) offers PhD scholarships to candidates in the areas of market-based accounting research and/or positive accounting theory. The scholarship has ...
Ph D Scholarships In Economics / Finance, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 18 days ago
The Economics Discipline Group and Finance Discipline Group offer PhD scholarships to candidates to work in areas within the interests of the Discipline Groups. Each scholarship has a tax-free sti...