Griffith Business School Asia-Pacific Centre for Franchising Excellence offers this scholarship to support Honours candidates each year. This scholarship has been designed to encourage high achieving students to undertake honours.
A candidate must be eligible to undertake a Griffith Business School Honours program at the Gold Coast, Logan or Nathan campus.
Selection is based on the candidate's minimum GPA of 5.5 in their best twelve(12), second and third year undergraduate courses.
Programs of study
- Master of Business with Honours (5447)
- Master of Human Resource Management with Honours (5389 and 5262)
- Master of Information Systems with Honours (5456)
- Master of International Business with Honours (5312)
- Master of Marketing with Honours (5229 and 5227)
- Master of Business Administration (honours stream only: 5159 and 5158)
- International Master of Business Administration (honours stream only: 5457 and 5458).
It is at the discretion of the Griffith Business School Honours Scholarship Selection Committee to determine:
- procedures for examination of applications and to make a decision on a majority vote;
- the eligibility of students studying part-time;
- not to award scholarships due to lack of eligible and worthy applicants;
- the scholarship value based on the applicant pool.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, applicants will be required to:
- maintain a GPA of 6.0 or above in the coursework component of the program.
Value and conditions
|Payment type||Total value||Frequency of payments|
|Cash||$1000||One payment for full-time candidates|
- Griffith Business School Asia-Pacific Centre for Franchising Excellence
Selection will be based on the following criteria. To be eligible for the scholarship you must:
- be eligible to undertake a Griffith Business School Honours program.
- have been admitted to, and be enrolled in the Griffith Business School Honours program at the Gold Coast, Logan or Nathan campus in Semester 2, 2012;
- have achieved a minimum GPA of 5.5 in their best twelve (120CP's) second and third year courses undertaken during their undergraduate study;
- the eligible candidate's honours thesis must be in the field relating to franchising, which may include specific topics such as;
- Franchise performance, multi-unit franchising, franchise brand, franchise marketing, the franchise relationship, franchising field support, franchising legal issues, franchising site and territory selection, leasing, franchising recruitment, franchise selection, franchise succession planning and international franchise expansion.
- Franchise-related topics outside of the above list may also be considered
- the candidate must agree to undertake a dissertation in the area of franchising under the supervision of at least one APCFE Centre member
- have the ability to communicate effectively
- submit a personal statement as part of the application
- demonstrate outstanding academic and leadership capabilities
How to apply
To apply for a Griffith Business School Asia-Pacific Centre for Franchising Excellence Scholarship you must complete and submit the application form:
- Griffith Business School Asia-Pacific Centre for Franchising Excellence application form (PDF 127k)
Applications close on 21 June 2013.
Ph D Student Scholarship, Wittenberg Centre for Global Ethics, Germany, 30 days ago
Job posted by Wittenberg Centre for Global Ethics (06/01/2016 10.48) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter a...
Acc "Jonathan Nicholls" Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, about 10 hours ago
Value: $5000 Tenure of award: One year Closing dates for applications: 31 October 2016 31 October 2017 31 October each year Number of awards offered: One scholarship (annually from 2016) History o...
Peter & Sharon Ivany Honours Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 9 days ago
The scholarship has been established to support a UTS student in the Bachelor of Management (Honours) program (C09081), after completing an undergraduate degree with a Sports Business/Sports Manag...
School Of Business And Law (Sbl) Ph D Scholarship (Domestic), Edith Cowan University, Australia, 8 days ago
This is one of 2 new PhD scholarships being set up by SBL (one for a domestic student and another for an international student) to promote international/cross-cultural research. This scholarship i...
Future Of Tourism: Postgraduate Scholarships, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 25 days ago
Value: NZ$7000 contribution to course fees Tenure of award: One year. Closing dates for applications: 05 February 2016 Number of awards offered: Unspecified. History or background of award Do you ...
Ph D Scholarship In Economics, Syddansk University, Netherlands, 4 days ago
Applications are invited for one or more PhD scholarships at the Department of Business and Economics, to be filled as soon as possible. The place of work will be in Odense or Sønderborg. Job desc...