Griffith Business School Asia-Pacific Centre for Franchising Excellence offers this scholarship to support Honours candidates each year. This scholarship has been designed to encourage high achieving students to undertake honours.
A candidate must be eligible to undertake a Griffith Business School Honours program at the Gold Coast, Logan or Nathan campus.
Selection is based on the candidate's minimum GPA of 5.5 in their best twelve(12), second and third year undergraduate courses.
Programs of study
- Master of Business with Honours (5447)
- Master of Human Resource Management with Honours (5389 and 5262)
- Master of Information Systems with Honours (5456)
- Master of International Business with Honours (5312)
- Master of Marketing with Honours (5229 and 5227)
- Master of Business Administration (honours stream only: 5159 and 5158)
- International Master of Business Administration (honours stream only: 5457 and 5458).
It is at the discretion of the Griffith Business School Honours Scholarship Selection Committee to determine:
- procedures for examination of applications and to make a decision on a majority vote;
- the eligibility of students studying part-time;
- not to award scholarships due to lack of eligible and worthy applicants;
- the scholarship value based on the applicant pool.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, applicants will be required to:
- maintain a GPA of 6.0 or above in the coursework component of the program.
Value and conditions
|Payment type||Total value||Frequency of payments|
|Cash||$1000||One payment for full-time candidates|
- Griffith Business School Asia-Pacific Centre for Franchising Excellence
Selection will be based on the following criteria. To be eligible for the scholarship you must:
- be eligible to undertake a Griffith Business School Honours program.
- have been admitted to, and be enrolled in the Griffith Business School Honours program at the Gold Coast, Logan or Nathan campus in Semester 2, 2012;
- have achieved a minimum GPA of 5.5 in their best twelve (120CP's) second and third year courses undertaken during their undergraduate study;
- the eligible candidate's honours thesis must be in the field relating to franchising, which may include specific topics such as;
- Franchise performance, multi-unit franchising, franchise brand, franchise marketing, the franchise relationship, franchising field support, franchising legal issues, franchising site and territory selection, leasing, franchising recruitment, franchise selection, franchise succession planning and international franchise expansion.
- Franchise-related topics outside of the above list may also be considered
- the candidate must agree to undertake a dissertation in the area of franchising under the supervision of at least one APCFE Centre member
- have the ability to communicate effectively
- submit a personal statement as part of the application
- demonstrate outstanding academic and leadership capabilities
How to apply
To apply for a Griffith Business School Asia-Pacific Centre for Franchising Excellence Scholarship you must complete and submit the application form:
- Griffith Business School Asia-Pacific Centre for Franchising Excellence application form (PDF 127k)
Applications close on 21 June 2013.
Uts Economics Discipline Group Honours Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, about 3 hours ago
The purpose of the prize is to attract top achieving economics major students to the Economics Honours program, and support them financially during their studies. Please read the Conditions of Awa...
Senior Hr Partner Reward, The University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
University of Edinburgh Job Description 1. Job Details Job title: Senior HR Partner - Reward School/Support Department: Human Resources Unit: Univer...
Ph D In Economics, Syddansk University, Netherlands, about 21 hours ago
Applications are invited for a PhD scholarship at the Historical Economics and Development Group (HEDG) at the Department of Business and Economics, University of Southern Denmark, to be filled as...
Ph D Position In Development Of Methods For Element Wise Assessment Of Oscillatory Rotor Angle Stability, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 11 hours ago
Apply no later than 31 July 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Electrical Eng by completing the following form. Apply online The Center for Electric Power and Energy at DTU Electrical Engineering invit...
Ph D Scholarship In Dielectric Elastomers, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 6 days ago
Apply no later than 20 June 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Chemical Eng. by completing the following form. Apply online The Danish Polymer Centre is seeking for a PhD student to be enrolled in a pr...
Peter Densem Postgraduate Scholarship, Massey University, New Zealand, 1 day ago
Closing date: 10/03/2018 Purpose The Peter Densem Postgraduate Scholarship was established in 2017 by Mr Peter Densem for the purpose of supporting students at Massey University who have already c...