- Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund
The Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund invites applications for one (possibly two) Gowrie Postgraduate Research Scholarships for members or descendents of members of the Australian Forces in the 1939/45 war.
Tenable for up to two years at universities or other research institutions, either in Australia or overseas. The value of the scholarship is $4,000 per annum, for a period of 2 years. Special preference will be given to applicants who are descendants of a member of the Forces who was killed on active service or who died as a result of any occurrence which happened during his/her period of enlistment.
Applications in duplicate, on the prescribed form (found here), must be submitted by 31 October (for awards to commence in the following year) as follows:
- Original to the UWA Graduate Research and Scholarships Office, and
- Duplicate copy to the Trustees, The Govme Scholarship Trust Fund, 3/32 Beaconsfield Road, Mosman, N.S. W. 2088.
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- have applied for or enrolled full-time in a Higher Degree by Research at The University of Western Australia
- be a direct lineal descendant of a member of the Australian Armed Forces
- commence the degree by the date specified by the University of Western Australia
- demonstrate outstanding research potential
- Applications including all supporting documentation must be received by the closing date and in writing on the forms provided
- the scholarship will be paid as per the wishes of the Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund
- proof of military service or being a direct lineal descendant of a member of the Australian Armed Forces must be attached
- scholarships are not transferable to other students in any circumstances
- the scholarship will be forfeited if the recipient cancels his or her enrolment in the program at the University of Western Australia
- scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit, research capacity and relevance of proposed research
- projects involving human or animal experimentation, including social/psychological research, must conform to NH&MRC guidelines and ethical clearance will be required prior to commencement of any such project.
- Australian Citizen
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- Australian University
- Currently available
- Application status
Agsm Military Scholarship Pgce1011, University of New South Wales, Australia, 3 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Postgraduate students Opens 26/09/2016 Closing Date See below For commencement Summer Semester 2017 Value $77,760 1 Scholarship(s) available For Duration of program ...
Tura New Music Ph D Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 11 days ago
This project will gather qualitative and quantitative data on audience response to and engagement with music programs in metropolitan and regional Western Australia. The aim is to better underst...
Uon Febe Malaysia Australia Colombo Plan Commemoration (Macc) Scholarship, The University of Newcastle, Australia, 10 days ago
Establishment The University of Newcastle (UON) Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment (FEBE) Malaysia Australia Colombo Plan Commemoration (MACC) Scholarship has been established to offer t...
Lindsay Robertson Memorial Award Rptr7001, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 8 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Postgraduate students Opens 30/09/2016 Closing Date 31/03/2017 For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $10,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year Residency No resid...
Lgbtiq Pinnacle Foundation Scholarships, RMIT University, Australia, 20 days ago
Scholarships will be provided for 16-24 year old LGBTIQ* students who desire to undertake full-time education at a public or private secondary school (final year) or public institution of higher e...
Ph D Scholarships, The University of Queensland, Australia, 21 days ago
Apply now Job no:499481 Area:Institute for Social Science Research Salary (FTE):UQ Scholarship (APA Rate)NON-BANDED ($26,288.00 - $26,288.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: Brisbane T...