- Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund
The Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund invites applications for one (possibly two) Gowrie Postgraduate Research Scholarships for members or descendents of members of the Australian Forces in the 1939/45 war.
Tenable for up to two years at universities or other research institutions, either in Australia or overseas. The value of the scholarship is $4,000 per annum, for a period of 2 years. Special preference will be given to applicants who are descendants of a member of the Forces who was killed on active service or who died as a result of any occurrence which happened during his/her period of enlistment.
Applications in duplicate, on the prescribed form (found here), must be submitted by 31 October (for awards to commence in the following year) as follows:
- Original to the UWA Graduate Research and Scholarships Office, and
- Duplicate copy to the Trustees, The Govme Scholarship Trust Fund, 3/32 Beaconsfield Road, Mosman, N.S. W. 2088.
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- have applied for or enrolled full-time in a Higher Degree by Research at The University of Western Australia
- be a direct lineal descendant of a member of the Australian Armed Forces
- commence the degree by the date specified by the University of Western Australia
- demonstrate outstanding research potential
- Applications including all supporting documentation must be received by the closing date and in writing on the forms provided
- the scholarship will be paid as per the wishes of the Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund
- proof of military service or being a direct lineal descendant of a member of the Australian Armed Forces must be attached
- scholarships are not transferable to other students in any circumstances
- the scholarship will be forfeited if the recipient cancels his or her enrolment in the program at the University of Western Australia
- scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit, research capacity and relevance of proposed research
- projects involving human or animal experimentation, including social/psychological research, must conform to NH&MRC guidelines and ethical clearance will be required prior to commencement of any such project.
- Australian Citizen
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- Australian University
- Currently available
- Application status
Chant Legacy Scholarship Postgraduate Study In Governance 2016, Australian Scholarships Foundation, Australia, 11 days ago
Scholarship Overview The Chant Legacy Scholarship has been made possible by a trust set up in the original will of the late Mr Leonard Watson Chant. He established a tutorial college with the obje...
Australian Federation Of Graduate Women Tempe Mann Travelling Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 27 days ago
The trustees of AFGW-NSW Inc. Education Trust invite applications for the 2015 AFGW-NSW Inc Tempe Mann Annual Scholarship. Conditions of the Award: that the successful candidate agree to acknowled...
H&R Society Trust Uts Access Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 29 days ago
The Scholarship has been established to support up to two (2) commencing undergraduate UTS students who demonstrate financial need or other educational disadvantage(s). Please read the Conditions...
Swinburne International Pathways Academic Scholarship, Swinburne University of Technology, Europe, 26 days ago
Description "Swinburne’s pathways programs are designed to prepare you for study in Australia and direct entry to a range of undergraduate degrees.High-achieving students who plan to study a pathw...
International Centre Global Mobility (Icgm) Scholarship Ugtr1038, University of New South Wales, Australia, 26 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Second year students, Third year and above, Honours year students, Postgraduate students Opens 10/09/2015 Closing Date 12/10/2015 For commencement Semester 2 2016 Val...
Swinburne International Undergraduate Academic Scholarship, Swinburne University of Technology, Europe, 26 days ago
Description Swinburne’s undergraduate programs provide you with the opportunity to deepen your knowledge across a range of study areas, or specialise in one particular area. High-achieving student...