- Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund
The Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund invites applications for one (possibly two) Gowrie Postgraduate Research Scholarships for members or descendents of members of the Australian Forces in the 1939/45 war.
Tenable for up to two years at universities or other research institutions, either in Australia or overseas. The value of the scholarship is $4,000 per annum, for a period of 2 years. Special preference will be given to applicants who are descendants of a member of the Forces who was killed on active service or who died as a result of any occurrence which happened during his/her period of enlistment.
Applications in duplicate, on the prescribed form (found here), must be submitted by 31 October (for awards to commence in the following year) as follows:
- Original to the UWA Graduate Research and Scholarships Office, and
- Duplicate copy to the Trustees, The Govme Scholarship Trust Fund, 3/32 Beaconsfield Road, Mosman, N.S. W. 2088.
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- have applied for or enrolled full-time in a Higher Degree by Research at The University of Western Australia
- be a direct lineal descendant of a member of the Australian Armed Forces
- commence the degree by the date specified by the University of Western Australia
- demonstrate outstanding research potential
- Applications including all supporting documentation must be received by the closing date and in writing on the forms provided
- the scholarship will be paid as per the wishes of the Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund
- proof of military service or being a direct lineal descendant of a member of the Australian Armed Forces must be attached
- scholarships are not transferable to other students in any circumstances
- the scholarship will be forfeited if the recipient cancels his or her enrolment in the program at the University of Western Australia
- scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit, research capacity and relevance of proposed research
- projects involving human or animal experimentation, including social/psychological research, must conform to NH&MRC guidelines and ethical clearance will be required prior to commencement of any such project.
- Australian Citizen
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- Australian University
- Currently available
- Application status
The Goda Foundation Ph D Scholarship, Griffith University, Australia, 5 days ago
About the research The Goda Foundation PhD Scholarship will provide vital support in helping to progress research into a clinical setting; a crucial aspect in ensuring that medical research impac...
Greenwood Tomkys Fund Midwifery Scholarship, University of Southern Queensland, Australia, 5 days ago
In 2016, USQ will offer one Greenwood - Tomkys Fund Midwifery Scholarship. The Greenwood-Tomkys Fund has been established through the Estate of the late Betty Greenwood and in conjunction with her...
Sisters Of Charity Foundation Scholarship, University of New South Wales, Australia, 22 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers Opens 10/08/2015 Closing Date 06/01/2016 For commencement Semester 1 2016 Value $7,500 1 Scholarship(s) available For up to 4 years Residency Aus ...
Postgraduate Coursework Equity Scholarship Pgce1004, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 20 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Postgraduate students Opens 01/09/2015 Closing Date 08/01/2016 For commencement Semester 1 2016 Value $13,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For Duration of program (min...
Joint Scholarships Program For Vietnamese Ph D Students, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 26 days ago
The Ministry of Education and Training, Vietnam (MOET) through its Vietnam International Education Development (VIED) office and Edith Cowan University (ECU), are jointly offering postgraduate re...
Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship, University of Tasmania, Australia, 27 days ago
Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship In celebration of Westpac Group’s upcoming 200th anniversary on 8 April 2017, the Westpac Bicentennial Foundation has been established. The Foundation has been e...