- Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund
The Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund invites applications for one (possibly two) Gowrie Postgraduate Research Scholarships for members or descendents of members of the Australian Forces in the 1939/45 war.
Tenable for up to two years at universities or other research institutions, either in Australia or overseas. The value of the scholarship is $4,000 per annum, for a period of 2 years. Special preference will be given to applicants who are descendants of a member of the Forces who was killed on active service or who died as a result of any occurrence which happened during his/her period of enlistment.
Applications in duplicate, on the prescribed form (found here), must be submitted by 31 October (for awards to commence in the following year) as follows:
- Original to the UWA Graduate Research and Scholarships Office, and
- Duplicate copy to the Trustees, The Govme Scholarship Trust Fund, 3/32 Beaconsfield Road, Mosman, N.S. W. 2088.
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- have applied for or enrolled full-time in a Higher Degree by Research at The University of Western Australia
- be a direct lineal descendant of a member of the Australian Armed Forces
- commence the degree by the date specified by the University of Western Australia
- demonstrate outstanding research potential
- Applications including all supporting documentation must be received by the closing date and in writing on the forms provided
- the scholarship will be paid as per the wishes of the Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund
- proof of military service or being a direct lineal descendant of a member of the Australian Armed Forces must be attached
- scholarships are not transferable to other students in any circumstances
- the scholarship will be forfeited if the recipient cancels his or her enrolment in the program at the University of Western Australia
- scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit, research capacity and relevance of proposed research
- projects involving human or animal experimentation, including social/psychological research, must conform to NH&MRC guidelines and ethical clearance will be required prior to commencement of any such project.
- Australian Citizen
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- Australian University
- Currently available
- Application status
Hedi Szasz Scholarship, University of Western Australia, Australia, 5 days ago
About this scholarship Hedi Szasz Scholarship The Hedi Szasz Scholarship Fund provides up to 2 scholarships each year to encourage and assist full-time students to complete a single degree course ...
Australian Rotary Health Ph D Scholarships, Griffith University, Australia, 3 days ago
About Australian Rotary Health Australian Rotary Health is a multi-district project for Rotary in Australia, with over 1,150 Rotary Clubs and 38,000 Rotarians supporting it. Australian Rotary Heal...
Brian Gray Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 21 days ago
The Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) and the Reserve Bank of Australia have established the Brian Gray Scholarship program in memory of Brian Gray, who died on 24 August 2001 whil...
International Centre Global Mobility (Icgm) Scholarship Ugtr1038, University of New South Wales, Australia, 3 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Second year students, Third year and above, Honours year students, Postgraduate students Opens 17/04/2015 Closing Date 04/05/2015 For commencement Semester 1 2015 Val...
Marine Microbe Ph D Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 13 days ago
Marine microbes are key players in a range of important ecosystem functions. This project will be part of a large collaborative research team involving marine microbial ecologists from across Aust...
(Henry Halloran Trust) Urban Housing Lab@Sydney Ph D Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia, 13 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: (Henry Halloran Trust) Urban Housing Lab@Sydney PhD Scholarship Research Areas: Humanities & Social Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: A PhD...