- Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund
The Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund invites applications for one (possibly two) Gowrie Postgraduate Research Scholarships for members or descendents of members of the Australian Forces in the 1939/45 war.
Tenable for up to two years at universities or other research institutions, either in Australia or overseas. The value of the scholarship is $4,000 per annum, for a period of 2 years. Special preference will be given to applicants who are descendants of a member of the Forces who was killed on active service or who died as a result of any occurrence which happened during his/her period of enlistment.
Applications in duplicate, on the prescribed form (found here), must be submitted by 31 October (for awards to commence in the following year) as follows:
- Original to the UWA Graduate Research and Scholarships Office, and
- Duplicate copy to the Trustees, The Govme Scholarship Trust Fund, 3/32 Beaconsfield Road, Mosman, N.S. W. 2088.
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- have applied for or enrolled full-time in a Higher Degree by Research at The University of Western Australia
- be a direct lineal descendant of a member of the Australian Armed Forces
- commence the degree by the date specified by the University of Western Australia
- demonstrate outstanding research potential
- Applications including all supporting documentation must be received by the closing date and in writing on the forms provided
- the scholarship will be paid as per the wishes of the Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund
- proof of military service or being a direct lineal descendant of a member of the Australian Armed Forces must be attached
- scholarships are not transferable to other students in any circumstances
- the scholarship will be forfeited if the recipient cancels his or her enrolment in the program at the University of Western Australia
- scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit, research capacity and relevance of proposed research
- projects involving human or animal experimentation, including social/psychological research, must conform to NH&MRC guidelines and ethical clearance will be required prior to commencement of any such project.
- Australian Citizen
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- Australian University
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Scholar, The University of Queensland, Australia, about 10 hours ago
School of Biological Sciences This scholarship is offered by the School of Biological Sciences, which is situated at The University of Queensland on the St Lucia campus in Brisbane and is part of ...
Courses.Com.Au 2017 Scholarship Program, Australian Scholarships Foundation, Australia, about 14 hours ago
Scholarship Overview Inclusions: courses.com.au will provide $1,500 AUD towards a student's tuition fees. Eligibility: Important Dates October 31st 2017 - Applications Close December 2017 - Winner...
Scientia Scholarships Ugca1137, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 21 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers Opens 06/06/2017 Closing Date See below For commencement Semester 1 2018 Value $10,000 Scholarship(s) available For Duration of program (minimum)...
Ph D Studentship: The Impact Of Bob Skeleton Sled Dynamics On Steering Performance, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, about 1 hour ago
Engineering & the Environment Location: Highfield Campus Closing Date: Friday 30 June 2017 Reference: CMEES-FSI-334 The sport of skeleton presents the engineer with a complex multi-physics challen...
The Queensland Times Bursary In Journalism, University of Southern Queensland, Australia, 2 days ago
This bursary is being offered by The Queensland Times to further its commitment to providing the very best quality journalism to the Ipswich region. The Queensland Times has a long and proud histo...
Ph D Studentship: Assessing The Impact Of Hydrodynamic Loads On Shoulder Joint Injuries In Swimming, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, about 1 hour ago
Engineering & the Environment Location: Highfield Campus Closing Date: Friday 30 June 2017 Reference: CMEES-FSI-356 Increasing activity and fitness levels across the general population is key to c...