- Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund
The Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund invites applications for one (possibly two) Gowrie Postgraduate Research Scholarships for members or descendents of members of the Australian Forces in the 1939/45 war.
Tenable for up to two years at universities or other research institutions, either in Australia or overseas. The value of the scholarship is $4,000 per annum, for a period of 2 years. Special preference will be given to applicants who are descendants of a member of the Forces who was killed on active service or who died as a result of any occurrence which happened during his/her period of enlistment.
Applications in duplicate, on the prescribed form (found here), must be submitted by 31 October (for awards to commence in the following year) as follows:
- Original to the UWA Graduate Research and Scholarships Office, and
- Duplicate copy to the Trustees, The Govme Scholarship Trust Fund, 3/32 Beaconsfield Road, Mosman, N.S. W. 2088.
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- have applied for or enrolled full-time in a Higher Degree by Research at The University of Western Australia
- be a direct lineal descendant of a member of the Australian Armed Forces
- commence the degree by the date specified by the University of Western Australia
- demonstrate outstanding research potential
- Applications including all supporting documentation must be received by the closing date and in writing on the forms provided
- the scholarship will be paid as per the wishes of the Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund
- proof of military service or being a direct lineal descendant of a member of the Australian Armed Forces must be attached
- scholarships are not transferable to other students in any circumstances
- the scholarship will be forfeited if the recipient cancels his or her enrolment in the program at the University of Western Australia
- scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit, research capacity and relevance of proposed research
- projects involving human or animal experimentation, including social/psychological research, must conform to NH&MRC guidelines and ethical clearance will be required prior to commencement of any such project.
- Australian Citizen
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- Australian University
- Currently available
- Application status
2015 Afgw Nsw Tempe Mann Travelling Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia, 22 days ago
Funding Body: Australian Federation of Graduate Women NSW Title: 2015 AFGW NSW Tempe Mann Travelling Scholarship Research Areas: Humanities & Social Sciences; Health Sciences; Sciences & Engineeri...
Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship », Australian National University, Australia, 21 days ago
Overview This scholarship was established in July 2015 by the Westpac Bicentennial Foundation as part of Westpac's 200th anniversary celebrations, which will be officially commemorated in 2017. Th...
Danielle Sirmai Memorial Award Ugtr1035, University of New South Wales, Australia, 27 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Third year and above, Postgraduate students Opens 01/07/2015 Closing Date 31/08/2015 For commencement Semester 2 2015 Value $5,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For One ...
Agsm Mba Aga Scholarship Pgca1021, University of New South Wales, Australia, 27 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Postgraduate students Opens 01/07/2015 Closing Date 30/11/2015 For commencement Semester 1 2016 Value $25,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For Duration of program (min...
Ngiam Tong Yuen Scholarship Ugce1187, University of New South Wales, Australia, 28 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers, First year students Opens 30/06/2015 Closing Date 30/11/2015 For commencement Semester 1 2016 Value $10,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For up to ...
Bayswater Football Club Industry Project Ph D Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 7 days ago
Making correct decisions about how and where to pass the ball is crucial to success in sports such as football. The interaction between individual decisions and team patterns is not well understoo...