- Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund
The Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund invites applications for one (possibly two) Gowrie Postgraduate Research Scholarships for members or descendents of members of the Australian Forces in the 1939/45 war.
Tenable for up to two years at universities or other research institutions, either in Australia or overseas. The value of the scholarship is $4,000 per annum, for a period of 2 years. Special preference will be given to applicants who are descendants of a member of the Forces who was killed on active service or who died as a result of any occurrence which happened during his/her period of enlistment.
Applications in duplicate, on the prescribed form (found here), must be submitted by 31 October (for awards to commence in the following year) as follows:
- Original to the UWA Graduate Research and Scholarships Office, and
- Duplicate copy to the Trustees, The Govme Scholarship Trust Fund, 3/32 Beaconsfield Road, Mosman, N.S. W. 2088.
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- have applied for or enrolled full-time in a Higher Degree by Research at The University of Western Australia
- be a direct lineal descendant of a member of the Australian Armed Forces
- commence the degree by the date specified by the University of Western Australia
- demonstrate outstanding research potential
- Applications including all supporting documentation must be received by the closing date and in writing on the forms provided
- the scholarship will be paid as per the wishes of the Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund
- proof of military service or being a direct lineal descendant of a member of the Australian Armed Forces must be attached
- scholarships are not transferable to other students in any circumstances
- the scholarship will be forfeited if the recipient cancels his or her enrolment in the program at the University of Western Australia
- scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit, research capacity and relevance of proposed research
- projects involving human or animal experimentation, including social/psychological research, must conform to NH&MRC guidelines and ethical clearance will be required prior to commencement of any such project.
- Australian Citizen
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- Australian University
- Currently available
- Application status
Gowrie Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 15 days ago
In accordance with the Trust Deed, Gowrie Scholarships will be awarded to members of the Forces and children of members of the Forces, including, in the discretion of the Trustees, grandchildren o...
Kitchener Memorial Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 23 days ago
Value: $500 Tenure of award: One year. Closing dates for applications: 01 December 2015 01 December 2016 Apply before 1 December each year. Number of awards offered: One. History or background of ...
Gallipoli Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 18 days ago
The Gallipoli Scholarship's first aim is to provide significant financial assistance to the most deserving and meritorious Australian applicants, to commence the first year of their first degree a...
Terry Pratchett Memorial Scholarship, University of South Australia, Australia, 7 days ago
As part of his legacy beyond literature, the Discworld Foundation established by international bestselling author, the late Sir Terry Pratchett, has established a perpetual scholarship in his name...
Alzheimer's Australia Ph D Scholarships, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 18 days ago
Alzheimer's Australia Dementia Research Foundation offers a range of PhD scholarships to students undertaking a research project in an area relevant to some aspect of dementia research. Applicatio...
Tony Noon Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 18 days ago
The fund has been established in memory of Tony Noon, who made an outstanding contribution to the petroleum industry through his work with the Queensland Department of Mines and Energy, and later ...