- Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund
The Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund invites applications for one (possibly two) Gowrie Postgraduate Research Scholarships for members or descendents of members of the Australian Forces in the 1939/45 war.
Tenable for up to two years at universities or other research institutions, either in Australia or overseas. The value of the scholarship is $4,000 per annum, for a period of 2 years. Special preference will be given to applicants who are descendants of a member of the Forces who was killed on active service or who died as a result of any occurrence which happened during his/her period of enlistment.
Applications in duplicate, on the prescribed form (found here), must be submitted by 31 October (for awards to commence in the following year) as follows:
- Original to the UWA Graduate Research and Scholarships Office, and
- Duplicate copy to the Trustees, The Govme Scholarship Trust Fund, 3/32 Beaconsfield Road, Mosman, N.S. W. 2088.
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- have applied for or enrolled full-time in a Higher Degree by Research at The University of Western Australia
- be a direct lineal descendant of a member of the Australian Armed Forces
- commence the degree by the date specified by the University of Western Australia
- demonstrate outstanding research potential
- Applications including all supporting documentation must be received by the closing date and in writing on the forms provided
- the scholarship will be paid as per the wishes of the Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund
- proof of military service or being a direct lineal descendant of a member of the Australian Armed Forces must be attached
- scholarships are not transferable to other students in any circumstances
- the scholarship will be forfeited if the recipient cancels his or her enrolment in the program at the University of Western Australia
- scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit, research capacity and relevance of proposed research
- projects involving human or animal experimentation, including social/psychological research, must conform to NH&MRC guidelines and ethical clearance will be required prior to commencement of any such project.
- Australian Citizen
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- Australian University
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Png Australia Borderland Scholarship, The University of Queensland, Australia, 3 days ago
Apply now Job no:499074 Area:Institute for Social Science Research Salary (FTE):Research Scholar BAND Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: Brisbane The Institute for Social Science Research...
Two Apai Ph D Research Scholarships For Australian/New Zealand And International Students, University of New South Wales, Australia, 25 days ago
University of New South WalesSchool of Civil and Environmental EngineeringCentre for Infrastructure Engineering & SafetyandWestern Sydney University Institute for Infrastructure Engineerin...
Ph D Scholarships In Threatened Flora Conservation, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 17 days ago
Edith Cowan University (ECU) in partnership with the Western Australian Department of Parks and Wildlife are offering two exciting industry engagement scholarships in threatened plant conservation...
Ph D Scholarships In Advanced Battery Technology, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 24 days ago
The Centre for Clean Energy Technology (CCET) at the University of Technology Sydney (UTS) is offering three PhD research scholarships to outstanding candidates to work on electromaterials for ap...
Postgraduate Coursework Equity Scholarship Pgce1004, University of New South Wales, Australia, 23 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Postgraduate students Opens 06/05/2016 Closing Date 08/06/2016 For commencement Semester 2 2016 Value $13,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For Duration of program (min...
Commonwealth Scholarships To The United Kingdom, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 11 days ago
Value: Please use "2016 Prospectus" link. Tenure of award: Up to 12 months’ support for study at an eligible UK university as part of a PhD being undertaken in your home country, under the joint s...