- Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund
The Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund invites applications for one (possibly two) Gowrie Postgraduate Research Scholarships for members or descendents of members of the Australian Forces in the 1939/45 war.
Tenable for up to two years at universities or other research institutions, either in Australia or overseas. The value of the scholarship is $4,000 per annum, for a period of 2 years. Special preference will be given to applicants who are descendants of a member of the Forces who was killed on active service or who died as a result of any occurrence which happened during his/her period of enlistment.
Applications in duplicate, on the prescribed form (found here), must be submitted by 31 October (for awards to commence in the following year) as follows:
- Original to the UWA Graduate Research and Scholarships Office, and
- Duplicate copy to the Trustees, The Govme Scholarship Trust Fund, 3/32 Beaconsfield Road, Mosman, N.S. W. 2088.
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- have applied for or enrolled full-time in a Higher Degree by Research at The University of Western Australia
- be a direct lineal descendant of a member of the Australian Armed Forces
- commence the degree by the date specified by the University of Western Australia
- demonstrate outstanding research potential
- Applications including all supporting documentation must be received by the closing date and in writing on the forms provided
- the scholarship will be paid as per the wishes of the Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund
- proof of military service or being a direct lineal descendant of a member of the Australian Armed Forces must be attached
- scholarships are not transferable to other students in any circumstances
- the scholarship will be forfeited if the recipient cancels his or her enrolment in the program at the University of Western Australia
- scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit, research capacity and relevance of proposed research
- projects involving human or animal experimentation, including social/psychological research, must conform to NH&MRC guidelines and ethical clearance will be required prior to commencement of any such project.
- Australian Citizen
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- Australian University
- Currently available
- Application status
Stanford Australia Foundation Scholarships 2017, Australian Scholarships Foundation, Australia, 24 days ago
Scholarship Overview: The 2017 Stanford Australia Foundation Scholarships each include up to AUD20,000 (for course fees and economy travel) for a NFP executive to attend a Stanford Graduate School...
Barnes Clitheroe Baxter College Residential Scholarship Ugce1218, University of New South Wales, Australia, 19 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers, First year students Opens 04/07/2016 Closing Date 30/09/2016 For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $9,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For up to 2...
Austal Unsw Endowment Scholarship In Naval Architecture Ugca1229, University of New South Wales, Australia, 12 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Third year and above Opens 12/07/2016 Closing Date 31/08/2016 For commencement Semester 2 2016 Value $8,500 1 Scholarship(s) available For up to 2 years Residency Aus...
Open Ph D Scholarship, Trajectory Optimization Of Re Entry Vehicles, Technische Universität München, Germany, 13 days ago
11.07.2016, Wissenschaftliches Personal The PhD scholarship is part of the Munich Aerospace Research Group “Optimization of re-entry maneuvers with minimum heating and infrared signature“. Within ...
David Mc Dowell Award Ugce1070, University of New South Wales, Australia, 25 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers Opens 29/06/2016 Closing Date 30/09/2016 For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $2,000 2 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year Residency Aus Citizen...
The Neil Thomson Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 25 days ago
Edith Cowan University (ECU) in partnership with the Lowitja Institute offers an industry scholarship in honour of the Foundation Director of the Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet, Professor Nei...