- Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund
The Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund invites applications for one (possibly two) Gowrie Postgraduate Research Scholarships for members or descendents of members of the Australian Forces in the 1939/45 war.
Tenable for up to two years at universities or other research institutions, either in Australia or overseas. The value of the scholarship is $4,000 per annum, for a period of 2 years. Special preference will be given to applicants who are descendants of a member of the Forces who was killed on active service or who died as a result of any occurrence which happened during his/her period of enlistment.
Applications in duplicate, on the prescribed form (found here), must be submitted by 31 October (for awards to commence in the following year) as follows:
- Original to the UWA Graduate Research and Scholarships Office, and
- Duplicate copy to the Trustees, The Govme Scholarship Trust Fund, 3/32 Beaconsfield Road, Mosman, N.S. W. 2088.
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- have applied for or enrolled full-time in a Higher Degree by Research at The University of Western Australia
- be a direct lineal descendant of a member of the Australian Armed Forces
- commence the degree by the date specified by the University of Western Australia
- demonstrate outstanding research potential
- Applications including all supporting documentation must be received by the closing date and in writing on the forms provided
- the scholarship will be paid as per the wishes of the Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund
- proof of military service or being a direct lineal descendant of a member of the Australian Armed Forces must be attached
- scholarships are not transferable to other students in any circumstances
- the scholarship will be forfeited if the recipient cancels his or her enrolment in the program at the University of Western Australia
- scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit, research capacity and relevance of proposed research
- projects involving human or animal experimentation, including social/psychological research, must conform to NH&MRC guidelines and ethical clearance will be required prior to commencement of any such project.
- Australian Citizen
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- Australian University
- Currently available
- Application status
Gowrie Scholarship, Australian National University, Australia, 28 days ago
Overview In accordance with the Trust Deed, Gowrie Scholarhips will be awarded to members of the Forces and children of members of the Forces, including, in the discretion of the Trustees, grandch...
John Xxiii College Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander (Indigenous) Equity Scholarships, Australian National University, Australia, 28 days ago
Overview The John XXIII College Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (Indigenous) Equity Scholarship Programme co-partners the Tjabal Indigenous Higher Education Centre and the Yalari Foundation ...
Charles Hayward Ph D Scholarship In Land Use Studies, University of Southern Queensland, Australia, 26 days ago
Charles Hayward was a beef producer from Central Queensland who aspired to improve understanding, practical knowledge and community education in land use management and planning. His generous cont...
Menzies Scholarships To Harvard, Australian National University, Australia, 28 days ago
Overview Sponsored by The Harvard Club of Australia, The Menzies Foundation and The Australian National University. The Robert Gordon Menzies Scholarships to Harvard are Australia's most prestigio...
Bhp Billiton Scholarship (Ucl Australia) , University College London, United Kingdom, 27 days ago
PhD Introduction Entry Requirements Tuition Fees Applications Scholarships and Finance Introduction UCL Australia offers a PhD programme (CRICOS Code: 068148G) that provides opportunities for mult...
Santos Scholarships (Ucl Australia) , University College London, United Kingdom, 27 days ago
Santos Scholarships for study at University College London (Australia) Scholarship Regulations Each year the UCL School of Energy and Resources, Australia awards up to five Santos Scholarships to ...