- Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund
The Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund invites applications for one (possibly two) Gowrie Postgraduate Research Scholarships for members or descendents of members of the Australian Forces in the 1939/45 war.
Tenable for up to two years at universities or other research institutions, either in Australia or overseas. The value of the scholarship is $4,000 per annum, for a period of 2 years. Special preference will be given to applicants who are descendants of a member of the Forces who was killed on active service or who died as a result of any occurrence which happened during his/her period of enlistment.
Applications in duplicate, on the prescribed form (found here), must be submitted by 31 October (for awards to commence in the following year) as follows:
- Original to the UWA Graduate Research and Scholarships Office, and
- Duplicate copy to the Trustees, The Govme Scholarship Trust Fund, 3/32 Beaconsfield Road, Mosman, N.S. W. 2088.
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- have applied for or enrolled full-time in a Higher Degree by Research at The University of Western Australia
- be a direct lineal descendant of a member of the Australian Armed Forces
- commence the degree by the date specified by the University of Western Australia
- demonstrate outstanding research potential
- Applications including all supporting documentation must be received by the closing date and in writing on the forms provided
- the scholarship will be paid as per the wishes of the Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund
- proof of military service or being a direct lineal descendant of a member of the Australian Armed Forces must be attached
- scholarships are not transferable to other students in any circumstances
- the scholarship will be forfeited if the recipient cancels his or her enrolment in the program at the University of Western Australia
- scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit, research capacity and relevance of proposed research
- projects involving human or animal experimentation, including social/psychological research, must conform to NH&MRC guidelines and ethical clearance will be required prior to commencement of any such project.
- Australian Citizen
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- Australian University
- Currently available
- Application status
Endeavour Queen Elizabeth Ii Diamond Jubilee Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 20 days ago
The Endeavour Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarship marks the 60th anniversary of the accession of Her Majesty the Queen and will be awarded to a high achieving Australian female student ...
Kalyagool Kadadjiny Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 17 days ago
Newmont Boddington Gold Pty Ltd will be funding a new undergraduate scholarship each valued at $8,000 per year for three years of study at ECU. These scholarships are offered to Aboriginal and/or ...
The Beth Spence Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia, 21 days ago
Funding Body: Seashells Foundation Endowment Title: The Beth Spence Scholarship Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: The Seashells Foundation Endowment is genero...
Gerald Frank Brown Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 24 days ago
The Gerald Frank Brown scholarship has been established by the Government of Western Australia in cooperation with the universities of WA to financially assist high-achieving European students to ...
Care Leavers Bursary , University College London, United Kingdom, 24 days ago
Undergraduate Access Awards Important Information for All Applicants In 1826 the founders of UCL planned that the new university should admit those students who could benefit from education withou...
2016 John Monash Scholarships, Australian Scholarships Foundation, Australia, 23 days ago
Scholarship Overview The John Monash Scholarships recognise excellence and leadership, and celebrate one of Australia's finest leaders: General Sir John Monash. Each year the Scholarships are awar...