- Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund
The Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund invites applications for one (possibly two) Gowrie Postgraduate Research Scholarships for members or descendents of members of the Australian Forces in the 1939/45 war.
Tenable for up to two years at universities or other research institutions, either in Australia or overseas. The value of the scholarship is $4,000 per annum, for a period of 2 years. Special preference will be given to applicants who are descendants of a member of the Forces who was killed on active service or who died as a result of any occurrence which happened during his/her period of enlistment.
Applications in duplicate, on the prescribed form (found here), must be submitted by 31 October (for awards to commence in the following year) as follows:
- Original to the UWA Graduate Research and Scholarships Office, and
- Duplicate copy to the Trustees, The Govme Scholarship Trust Fund, 3/32 Beaconsfield Road, Mosman, N.S. W. 2088.
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- have applied for or enrolled full-time in a Higher Degree by Research at The University of Western Australia
- be a direct lineal descendant of a member of the Australian Armed Forces
- commence the degree by the date specified by the University of Western Australia
- demonstrate outstanding research potential
- Applications including all supporting documentation must be received by the closing date and in writing on the forms provided
- the scholarship will be paid as per the wishes of the Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund
- proof of military service or being a direct lineal descendant of a member of the Australian Armed Forces must be attached
- scholarships are not transferable to other students in any circumstances
- the scholarship will be forfeited if the recipient cancels his or her enrolment in the program at the University of Western Australia
- scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit, research capacity and relevance of proposed research
- projects involving human or animal experimentation, including social/psychological research, must conform to NH&MRC guidelines and ethical clearance will be required prior to commencement of any such project.
- Australian Citizen
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- Australian University
- Currently available
- Application status
Australian Rotary Health Funding Partner Ph D Scholarships, University of Sydney, Australia, 7 days ago
Funding Body: Australian Rotary Health (ARH) Title: Australian Rotary Health Funding Partner PhD Scholarships Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: Australian Rot...
Danielle Sirmai Memorial Award Ugtr1035, University of New South Wales, Australia, 2 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Third year and above, Postgraduate students Opens 01/07/2015 Closing Date 31/08/2015 For commencement Semester 2 2015 Value $5,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For One ...
Agsm Mba Aga Scholarship Pgca1021, University of New South Wales, Australia, 2 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Postgraduate students Opens 01/07/2015 Closing Date 30/11/2015 For commencement Semester 1 2016 Value $25,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For Duration of program (min...
Fulbright Scholarships 2016, Australian Scholarships Foundation, Australia, 29 days ago
Scholarship Overview Established in Australia in 1949, the Australian-American Fulbright Commission aims to promote mutual understanding through educational and cultural exchange between Australia...
Uts Housing Resident Networker Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 8 days ago
The Resident Networker program is a leadership development program for UTS Housing residents and is a vital part of the UTS Housing community. This Scholarship is an extension of the Resident Netw...
Industry Engagement Ph D Scholarship, Disability Access And Inclusion, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 8 days ago
The MARCIA concept is an aspirational status, devised by the City of Bunbury. Bunbury is a large regional city in Western Australia, part of the Greater Bunbury area, with a population of 81,000. ...