- Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund
The Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund invites applications for one (possibly two) Gowrie Postgraduate Research Scholarships for members or descendents of members of the Australian Forces in the 1939/45 war.
Tenable for up to two years at universities or other research institutions, either in Australia or overseas. The value of the scholarship is $4,000 per annum, for a period of 2 years. Special preference will be given to applicants who are descendants of a member of the Forces who was killed on active service or who died as a result of any occurrence which happened during his/her period of enlistment.
Applications in duplicate, on the prescribed form (found here), must be submitted by 31 October (for awards to commence in the following year) as follows:
- Original to the UWA Graduate Research and Scholarships Office, and
- Duplicate copy to the Trustees, The Govme Scholarship Trust Fund, 3/32 Beaconsfield Road, Mosman, N.S. W. 2088.
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- have applied for or enrolled full-time in a Higher Degree by Research at The University of Western Australia
- be a direct lineal descendant of a member of the Australian Armed Forces
- commence the degree by the date specified by the University of Western Australia
- demonstrate outstanding research potential
- Applications including all supporting documentation must be received by the closing date and in writing on the forms provided
- the scholarship will be paid as per the wishes of the Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund
- proof of military service or being a direct lineal descendant of a member of the Australian Armed Forces must be attached
- scholarships are not transferable to other students in any circumstances
- the scholarship will be forfeited if the recipient cancels his or her enrolment in the program at the University of Western Australia
- scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit, research capacity and relevance of proposed research
- projects involving human or animal experimentation, including social/psychological research, must conform to NH&MRC guidelines and ethical clearance will be required prior to commencement of any such project.
- Australian Citizen
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- Australian University
- Currently available
- Application status
Rotary Postgraduate Scholarship, RMIT University, Australia, 8 days ago
The purpose of the Global Grant Scholarship program is to support international study at the graduate level. This grant model builds on the very best of Rotary's Ambassadorial Scholar history. R...
University Of South Australia (Unisa) :Aborigines Advancement League Grants, Flinders University, Australia, 13 days ago
Opening Date: 01-02-2015 Closing Date: 31-03-2015 DESCRIPTION Study Grants are available for Australian Indigenous and Torres Strait Islander students of the University of South Australia and Flin...
Arccim Uts Ph D Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 6 days ago
Faculty of Health, Australian Research Centre in Complementary and Integrative Medicine (ARCCIM) The Australian Research Centre in Complementary and Integrative Medicine (ARCCIM) at the University...
Barnes Clitheroe Baxter College Residential Scholarship Ugce1218, University of New South Wales, Australia, 27 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers, First year students Opens 06/02/2015 Closing Date 31/03/2015 For commencement Semester 1 2015 Value $9,000 up to $9,000 1 Scho...
Barnes Clitheroe Baxter College Residential Scholarship Ugce1218, University of New South Wales, Australia, 13 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers, First year students Opens 20/02/2015 Closing Date 15/03/2015 For commencement Semester 1 2015 Value $9,000 up to $9,000 1 Scho...
Ngoc Tram Nguyen Scholarship Ugca1352, University of New South Wales, Australia, 18 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers, First year students, Postgraduate students Opens 16/02/2015 Closing Date 09/03/2015 For commencement Semester 1 2015 Value $5,000 1 Scholarship(s...