- Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund
The Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund invites applications for one (possibly two) Gowrie Postgraduate Research Scholarships for members or descendents of members of the Australian Forces in the 1939/45 war.
Tenable for up to two years at universities or other research institutions, either in Australia or overseas. The value of the scholarship is $4,000 per annum, for a period of 2 years. Special preference will be given to applicants who are descendants of a member of the Forces who was killed on active service or who died as a result of any occurrence which happened during his/her period of enlistment.
Applications in duplicate, on the prescribed form (found here), must be submitted by 31 October (for awards to commence in the following year) as follows:
- Original to the UWA Graduate Research and Scholarships Office, and
- Duplicate copy to the Trustees, The Govme Scholarship Trust Fund, 3/32 Beaconsfield Road, Mosman, N.S. W. 2088.
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- have applied for or enrolled full-time in a Higher Degree by Research at The University of Western Australia
- be a direct lineal descendant of a member of the Australian Armed Forces
- commence the degree by the date specified by the University of Western Australia
- demonstrate outstanding research potential
- Applications including all supporting documentation must be received by the closing date and in writing on the forms provided
- the scholarship will be paid as per the wishes of the Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund
- proof of military service or being a direct lineal descendant of a member of the Australian Armed Forces must be attached
- scholarships are not transferable to other students in any circumstances
- the scholarship will be forfeited if the recipient cancels his or her enrolment in the program at the University of Western Australia
- scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit, research capacity and relevance of proposed research
- projects involving human or animal experimentation, including social/psychological research, must conform to NH&MRC guidelines and ethical clearance will be required prior to commencement of any such project.
- Australian Citizen
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- Australian University
- Currently available
- Application status
Agsm Military Scholarship Pgce1011, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 23 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Postgraduate students Opens 16/08/2017 Closing Date See below For commencement Summer Semester 2018 Value $77,760 1 Scholarship(s) available For Duration of program ...
Ph D Scholarship In Drinking Water Treatment Optimisation, University of South Australia, Australia, about 5 hours ago
About this scholarship The Project: The overall aim of this ARC Linkage project is to develop a number of data-driven predictive models, predominantly based on remotely collected sensors data, to ...
David Mc Dowell Award Ugce1070, University of New South Wales, Australia, 3 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers Opens 07/08/2017 Closing Date 31/01/2018 For commencement Semester 1 2018 Value $2,000 2 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year Residency Aus Citizen...
The Turner Ph D Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia, about 21 hours ago
Funding Body: The University of Sydney Title: The Turner PhD Scholarship Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: A unique scholarship opportunity is available for a...
Mitsui Matsushima Australia Japanese Studies Award Ugca1360, University of New South Wales, Australia, 3 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers, First year students Opens 01/08/2017 Closing Date 01/01/2018 For commencement Semester 1 2018 Value $5,000 2 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year ...
John Weeden Memorial Award Ugce1062, University of New South Wales, Australia, 3 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers Opens 09/08/2017 Closing Date See below For commencement Semester 1 2018 Value $4,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year Residency Aus Citizen/...