- Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund
The Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund invites applications for one (possibly two) Gowrie Postgraduate Research Scholarships for members or descendents of members of the Australian Forces in the 1939/45 war.
Tenable for up to two years at universities or other research institutions, either in Australia or overseas. The value of the scholarship is $4,000 per annum, for a period of 2 years. Special preference will be given to applicants who are descendants of a member of the Forces who was killed on active service or who died as a result of any occurrence which happened during his/her period of enlistment.
Applications in duplicate, on the prescribed form (found here), must be submitted by 31 October (for awards to commence in the following year) as follows:
- Original to the UWA Graduate Research and Scholarships Office, and
- Duplicate copy to the Trustees, The Govme Scholarship Trust Fund, 3/32 Beaconsfield Road, Mosman, N.S. W. 2088.
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- have applied for or enrolled full-time in a Higher Degree by Research at The University of Western Australia
- be a direct lineal descendant of a member of the Australian Armed Forces
- commence the degree by the date specified by the University of Western Australia
- demonstrate outstanding research potential
- Applications including all supporting documentation must be received by the closing date and in writing on the forms provided
- the scholarship will be paid as per the wishes of the Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund
- proof of military service or being a direct lineal descendant of a member of the Australian Armed Forces must be attached
- scholarships are not transferable to other students in any circumstances
- the scholarship will be forfeited if the recipient cancels his or her enrolment in the program at the University of Western Australia
- scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit, research capacity and relevance of proposed research
- projects involving human or animal experimentation, including social/psychological research, must conform to NH&MRC guidelines and ethical clearance will be required prior to commencement of any such project.
- Australian Citizen
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- Australian University
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Scholarship In Sport Science: Athlete Development In Australian Swimming, University of Sydney, Australia, 29 days ago
Funding Body: Swimming Australia Title: PhD Scholarship in Sport Science: Athlete Development in Australian Swimming Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: A full-...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Mr Imaging Techniques, The University of Queensland, Australia, 2 days ago
Centre for Advanced Imaging The Centre for Advanced Imaging (CAI) is a strategic initiative of The University of Queensland (UQ), reflecting the growth in biotechnology, biomedical and materials r...
Ph D Studentship In The Synaptic Basis Of Memory Formation And Loss, The University of Queensland, Australia, 24 days ago
Apply now Job no:499840 Area:Queensland Brain Institute Salary (FTE):School Schol (APA Rate) NONBAND ($26,288.00 - $26,288.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia Queensland Brain...
Ph D Scholar, The University of Queensland, Australia, about 1 month ago
Apply now Job no:499772 Area:Faculty of Medicine Salary (FTE):Externally Funded Res Scholar BAND Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: Brisbane The School of Clinical Medicine The School of ...
Blundstone Scholarships For Agribusiness, University of Tasmania, Australia, 23 days ago
Blundstone Scholarships for Agribusiness The new Associate Degree in Agribusiness is a stepping stone for future leaders and managers. This generous scholarship is offered by Blundstone Australia ...
The Steglick Indigenous Women’s Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia, 8 days ago
Funding Body: Steglick family Title: The Steglick Indigenous Women’s Scholarship Research Areas: Humanities & Social Sciences Type All Students Description: The Steglick Indigenous Women's Scholar...