- Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund
The Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund invites applications for one (possibly two) Gowrie Postgraduate Research Scholarships for members or descendents of members of the Australian Forces in the 1939/45 war.
Tenable for up to two years at universities or other research institutions, either in Australia or overseas. The value of the scholarship is $4,000 per annum, for a period of 2 years. Special preference will be given to applicants who are descendants of a member of the Forces who was killed on active service or who died as a result of any occurrence which happened during his/her period of enlistment.
Applications in duplicate, on the prescribed form (found here), must be submitted by 31 October (for awards to commence in the following year) as follows:
- Original to the UWA Graduate Research and Scholarships Office, and
- Duplicate copy to the Trustees, The Govme Scholarship Trust Fund, 3/32 Beaconsfield Road, Mosman, N.S. W. 2088.
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- have applied for or enrolled full-time in a Higher Degree by Research at The University of Western Australia
- be a direct lineal descendant of a member of the Australian Armed Forces
- commence the degree by the date specified by the University of Western Australia
- demonstrate outstanding research potential
- Applications including all supporting documentation must be received by the closing date and in writing on the forms provided
- the scholarship will be paid as per the wishes of the Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund
- proof of military service or being a direct lineal descendant of a member of the Australian Armed Forces must be attached
- scholarships are not transferable to other students in any circumstances
- the scholarship will be forfeited if the recipient cancels his or her enrolment in the program at the University of Western Australia
- scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit, research capacity and relevance of proposed research
- projects involving human or animal experimentation, including social/psychological research, must conform to NH&MRC guidelines and ethical clearance will be required prior to commencement of any such project.
- Australian Citizen
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- Australian University
- Currently available
- Application status
John Monash Scholarships, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 22 days ago
In 2003 the General Sir John Monash Scholarships were launched. Since this time, they have become Australia's most prestigious postgraduate scholarships Which recognise leadership capability, acad...
Hyman Tarlo Scholarship In Law 2015/2016, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 16 days ago
The School of Law, Trinity College Dublin, University of Dublin, Ireland is delighted to announce the Hyman Tarlo Scholarship in Law for 2015/16. This scholarship is generously sponsored by Mrs ...
Postgraduate Coursework Equity Scholarship Pgce1004, University of New South Wales, Australia, 18 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Postgraduate students Opens 03/12/2014 Closing Date 13/01/2015 For commencement Semester 1 2015 Value $13,000 10 Scholarship(s) available For Duration of program (mi...
Garrison Culture In The Mid Nineteenth Century Masters Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 4 days ago
Application form availablehere . Full regulations can be downloaded here . (Requires Acrobat Reader ) History or background of award The scholarship is part of the Marsden funded project ‘Tinker, ...
Anu R G Menzies Scholarships To Harvard 2015/16, Australian Scholarships Foundation, Australia, 4 days ago
Scholarship Overview The Robert Gordon Menzies Scholarshipsto Harvard are Australia's most prestigious national awards for postgraduate study in the United States. The grants at least one annual a...
Ph D Scholarships In The Fields Of Cancer And Pain Research, The University of Queensland, Australia, 12 days ago
The University of Queensland's Institute for Molecular Bioscience is a leading global research institute. IMB was established in 2000 as UQ's first research institute and is the cornerstone of one...