- Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund
The Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund invites applications for one (possibly two) Gowrie Postgraduate Research Scholarships for members or descendents of members of the Australian Forces in the 1939/45 war.
Tenable for up to two years at universities or other research institutions, either in Australia or overseas. The value of the scholarship is $4,000 per annum, for a period of 2 years. Special preference will be given to applicants who are descendants of a member of the Forces who was killed on active service or who died as a result of any occurrence which happened during his/her period of enlistment.
Applications in duplicate, on the prescribed form (found here), must be submitted by 31 October (for awards to commence in the following year) as follows:
- Original to the UWA Graduate Research and Scholarships Office, and
- Duplicate copy to the Trustees, The Govme Scholarship Trust Fund, 3/32 Beaconsfield Road, Mosman, N.S. W. 2088.
- Payment type
- Top Up Scholarship
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- have applied for or enrolled full-time in a Higher Degree by Research at The University of Western Australia
- be a direct lineal descendant of a member of the Australian Armed Forces
- commence the degree by the date specified by the University of Western Australia
- demonstrate outstanding research potential
- Applications including all supporting documentation must be received by the closing date and in writing on the forms provided
- the scholarship will be paid as per the wishes of the Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund
- proof of military service or being a direct lineal descendant of a member of the Australian Armed Forces must be attached
- scholarships are not transferable to other students in any circumstances
- the scholarship will be forfeited if the recipient cancels his or her enrolment in the program at the University of Western Australia
- scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit, research capacity and relevance of proposed research
- projects involving human or animal experimentation, including social/psychological research, must conform to NH&MRC guidelines and ethical clearance will be required prior to commencement of any such project.
- Australian Citizen
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- Australian University
- Currently available
- Application status
Arccim Uts Ph D Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 30 days ago
Faculty of Health, Australian Research Centre in Complementary and Integrative Medicine (ARCCIM) The Australian Research Centre in Complementary and Integrative Medicine (ARCCIM) at the University...
Brian Gray Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, about 8 hours ago
The Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) and the Reserve Bank of Australia have established the Brian Gray Scholarship program in memory of Brian Gray, who died on 24 August 2001 whil...
Neil Vousden Memorial Scholarship For The Master Of Economics », Australian National University, Australia, 27 days ago
Overview Each year the ANU College of Business and Economics may award a scholarship known as the Neil Vousden Memorial Scholarship to an eligible student who is admitted to and continues to purs...
Ma Thesis In Criminology Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 20 days ago
Full regulations can be downloaded here . (Requires Acrobat Reader ) History or background of award As part of a Rutherford Discovery Fellowship, the Institute of Criminology at Victoria Universit...
Forsyth/Pose Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 9 days ago
The Forsyth/Pose Scholarship is offered by the Business Law Section of the Law Council of Australia ("BLS"). It will be offered for the first time in 2013 and commemorates Neil Forsyth QC and Kevi...
Masters Scholarship (Chemistry) Advanced Carbohydrate Derivatives, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 18 days ago
Application form availablehere . Full regulations can be downloaded here . (Requires Acrobat Reader ) History or background of award The Ferrier Research Institute is a leading applied, organic ch...