Gold Coast City Council Engineering Scholarship, Griffith University
A full-time Scholarship will be offered to a second year Griffith School of Engineering student, enrolled in Semester 2, 2012, which will run for the remainder of the students university program (2 years – single degree or 3 years – double degree).
The Scholarship will be offered to local students who are enrolled in a full-time degree in the field of Engineering. Applicants must demonstrate high academic achievement, personal strengths, leadership potential, and must be a visible role-model in the community.
Scholarship recipients will demonstrate consistent academic achievement, ensuring a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5 is achieved and maintained throughout the program. Successful candidates have committed to and benefitted from intra-semester work experience (1 day per week) within the Gold Coast City Council, Engineering Services Directorate. All have taken advantage of the offered paid work experience during the academic break periods. Previous successful candidates have taken advantage of the opportunity for work experience and summer vacation work however any negotiations for the recipient of this scholarship to participate in work experience, or holiday paid work, is to be conducted between the student and the Gold Coast City Council and does not form a requirement of the award of this scholarship.
This Scholarship covers a period of approximately two years (single degree) or three years (double degree) for the total value of approximately $17 000 (single degree) or $25 000 (double degree) credited annually and incrementally, directly towards their Student Contribution Charges (previously known as HECS).
Selection of the successful recipient will be based on review and assessment of applications, followed by interviews with short-listed applicants.
Programs of study
A current student who has completed their first 120 credit points of their four or five year undergraduate School of Engineering academic program, in the study area of Civil Engineering.
Value and conditions
|Payment type||Total value||Frequency of payments|
|Student Contribution Charge payment||$17 000 single degree or|
$25 000 double degree
|Student Contribution Charges paid each semester|
Number of scholarships available
One scholarship available.
Gold Coast City Council
Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- submission and quality of the application
- be a current student who has completed their first 120 credit points of their four or five year undergraduate School of Engineering academic program
- demonstrated community involvement and a visible role model in the community
- personal strengths and leadership behaviour
- be a permanent resident of Gold Coast, Queensland
- undertaking a course of study relevant to the work activities of local govenment
- practical competencies gained through practical experience (that is, laboratory works or projects undertaken throughout the semester/s)
- past academic merit
- two Referee Reports provided by Griffith School of Engineering lecturers and one referee who can be contacted by phone
- be available to be interviewed by the Assessment Panel.
How to apply
To apply for a Gold Coast City Council Engineering Scholarship you must complete and submit the application form below:
- Gold Coast City Council Engineering Scholarship application form (PDF 101k)
Applications close on Friday, 28th September 2012.
View or Apply