Applications are now open for the 2011 Fulbright Australian Postgraduate Scholarships. 1. Fulbright General Scholarships: Fulbright general scholarships open to all fields of study.
- The top ranked applicant nationally receives the distinguished Fulbright Australian Alumni (WG Walker) Scholarship. This scholarship is supported by a fund established through donations by Australian Fulbright Alumni.
Fulbright Sponsored Scholarships: The following scholarships are either sponsored by industry or government OR endowed through donations from business, individuals, governments and/or universities and are offered in specific fields of study:
- Science and Engineering sponsored by BHP Billiton
- Technology and Communications sponsored by Telstra
Fulbright State and Territory Scholarships: Fulbright State and Territory Scholarships support study or research related to a topic or issue of importance to that state or territory:
- New South Wales Scholarship is supported by the NSW Government and NSW universities
- Northern Territory Scholarship is supported by the NT Government, Charles Darwin University and corporate sponsor, Blackboard Asia Pacific
- Queensland Scholarship established by the QLD government and all QLD based universities
- South Australia Scholarship is supported by the South Australian Government and South Australian based universities.
- Tasmania Scholarship sponsored by the Tasmanian Government and the University of Tasmania
- Victoria Scholarship established by the Victorian government and Victorian based universities
- Western Australia Scholarship established by the WA government, WA based universities, companies and individual donors.
Applicants are encouraged to consider Fulbright sponsored Scholarships as these scholarships offer the opportunity to develop wider networks. Applicants who apply for a Fulbright sponsored scholarship are also automatically considered for a Fulbright General Scholarship.
Current Australian Postgraduate Scholarship holders are encouraged to apply. Government guidelines related to Australian Postgraduate Scholarships changed in 2005 to encourage international research experiences related to Australian postgraduate studies through scholarships, such as Fulbright. Awards:* Scholarship valued at up to A$45,000 and includes:
o Generous travel entitlement
o Monthly stipend for a maximum of 12 months
o Establishment and baggage allowances
o Transport and accommodation to attend an Orientation Program and the Fulbright Presentation Dinner in Australia (March)
o Transport and accommodation to an Enrichment Seminar with international Fulbright Scholars in the U.S.
Professional network to U.S., Australian and international Fulbright Scholars and distinguished alumni.
* Postgraduates can remain in the U.S. for up to one year following their Fulbright program, under ‘academic training’ to undertake work in their field in the U.S.
- Fulbright Postgraduate Scholars must spend a minimum of one academic year (8-12 months) in the U.S., the majority of time should be at their host institution.
- Fulbright funding is for the first 12 months only and applicants must demonstrate they have sufficient additional funds to support themselves and any dependants during their stay in the U.S.
- Fulbright scholarships support one academic year, applicants are able to extend their stay but without funding from the Fulbright Commission. Eligibility:Australian Citizen Quantity:The Commission offers up to fifteen (15) Fulbright Postgraduate Scholarships annually. Contact:Ms Lyndell Wilson
Australian-American Fulbright Commission
P O Box 9541
Deakin ACT 2600
Fulbright Postgraduate Indigenous Scholarship, Griffith University, Australia, 13 days ago
Sponsored by Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet Please note: the Fulbright Indigenous Scholarship goes across the Postgraduate, Postdoctoral, Professional and Senior Scholar Categories. ...
Fulbright Professional Scholarship In Non Profit Leadership 2016, Australian Scholarships Foundation, Australia, 24 days ago
Scholarship Overview Applicants will undertake research and/or professional development which addresses contemporary issues of relevance, innovation, knowledge development, impact on policy and pr...
Fulbright Australian Postgraduate Scholarships, Griffith University, Australia, 13 days ago
The Fulbright Postgraduate scholarship allows postgraduate students undertaking their Australian PhD to conduct a period of research and/or study in the US; or supports enrolment in a U.S. postgra...
2016 John Monash Scholarships, Australian Scholarships Foundation, Australia, 27 days ago
Scholarship Overview The John Monash Scholarships recognise excellence and leadership, and celebrate one of Australia's finest leaders: General Sir John Monash. Each year the Scholarships are awar...
Fulbright Radboud Scholarships, Grant Finder, Netherlands, 6 days ago
Value and purpose of grant: The grant will be paid in 12 monthly instalments of €1050. International travel will be reimbursed up to a maximum of €900. The cost of the residence permit (approximat...
Endeavour Queen Elizabeth Ii Diamond Jubilee Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 24 days ago
The Endeavour Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarship marks the 60th anniversary of the accession of Her Majesty the Queen and will be awarded to a high achieving Australian female student ...