Applications are now open for the 2011 Fulbright Australian Postgraduate Scholarships. 1. Fulbright General Scholarships: Fulbright general scholarships open to all fields of study.
- The top ranked applicant nationally receives the distinguished Fulbright Australian Alumni (WG Walker) Scholarship. This scholarship is supported by a fund established through donations by Australian Fulbright Alumni.
Fulbright Sponsored Scholarships: The following scholarships are either sponsored by industry or government OR endowed through donations from business, individuals, governments and/or universities and are offered in specific fields of study:
- Science and Engineering sponsored by BHP Billiton
- Technology and Communications sponsored by Telstra
Fulbright State and Territory Scholarships: Fulbright State and Territory Scholarships support study or research related to a topic or issue of importance to that state or territory:
- New South Wales Scholarship is supported by the NSW Government and NSW universities
- Northern Territory Scholarship is supported by the NT Government, Charles Darwin University and corporate sponsor, Blackboard Asia Pacific
- Queensland Scholarship established by the QLD government and all QLD based universities
- South Australia Scholarship is supported by the South Australian Government and South Australian based universities.
- Tasmania Scholarship sponsored by the Tasmanian Government and the University of Tasmania
- Victoria Scholarship established by the Victorian government and Victorian based universities
- Western Australia Scholarship established by the WA government, WA based universities, companies and individual donors.
Applicants are encouraged to consider Fulbright sponsored Scholarships as these scholarships offer the opportunity to develop wider networks. Applicants who apply for a Fulbright sponsored scholarship are also automatically considered for a Fulbright General Scholarship.
Current Australian Postgraduate Scholarship holders are encouraged to apply. Government guidelines related to Australian Postgraduate Scholarships changed in 2005 to encourage international research experiences related to Australian postgraduate studies through scholarships, such as Fulbright. Awards:* Scholarship valued at up to A$45,000 and includes:
o Generous travel entitlement
o Monthly stipend for a maximum of 12 months
o Establishment and baggage allowances
o Transport and accommodation to attend an Orientation Program and the Fulbright Presentation Dinner in Australia (March)
o Transport and accommodation to an Enrichment Seminar with international Fulbright Scholars in the U.S.
Professional network to U.S., Australian and international Fulbright Scholars and distinguished alumni.
* Postgraduates can remain in the U.S. for up to one year following their Fulbright program, under ‘academic training’ to undertake work in their field in the U.S.
- Fulbright Postgraduate Scholars must spend a minimum of one academic year (8-12 months) in the U.S., the majority of time should be at their host institution.
- Fulbright funding is for the first 12 months only and applicants must demonstrate they have sufficient additional funds to support themselves and any dependants during their stay in the U.S.
- Fulbright scholarships support one academic year, applicants are able to extend their stay but without funding from the Fulbright Commission. Eligibility:Australian Citizen Quantity:The Commission offers up to fifteen (15) Fulbright Postgraduate Scholarships annually. Contact:Ms Lyndell Wilson
Australian-American Fulbright Commission
P O Box 9541
Deakin ACT 2600
Fullbright Scholarships, University of Southern Queensland, Australia, about 4 hours ago
The Australian-American Fulbright Commission offers scholarships to Australian citizens across all career stages and in any academic discipline. Awardees take part in a bilateral academic and cult...
New Colombo Plan Scholarship Program Ugtr1037, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 2 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage First year students, Second year students, Third year and above Opens 11/04/2017 Closing Date 31/05/2017 For commencement Semester 1 2018 Value $67,000 Scholarship(s)...
Boston Consulting Group (Bcg) Scholarship (External), University of Technology Sydney, Australia, about 10 hours ago
Every year, we award scholarships to two university students in Australia or New Zealand to support their next year of study. 2017 scholarship applications are currently being accepted with applic...
Unsw Law Foundation Class Award Ugtr1028, University of New South Wales, Australia, 19 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Third year and above Opens 11/04/2017 Closing Date 31/05/2017 For commencement Semester 1 2018 Value $2,500 1 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year Residency Aus Citize...
Boston Consulting Group Scholarship Program, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 3 days ago
Tenure of award: Tenable for the following years studies. Closing dates for applications: 28 April 2017 Applications close at 10:00 am on Friday, April 28, 2017 Number of awards offered: wo schola...
Westpac Asian Exchange Scholarship Ugtr1040, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 2 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Second year students, Third year and above Opens 11/04/2017 Closing Date See below For commencement Semester 2 2018 Value $12,000 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year ...