Applications are now open for the 2011 Fulbright Australian Postgraduate Scholarships. 1. Fulbright General Scholarships: Fulbright general scholarships open to all fields of study.
- The top ranked applicant nationally receives the distinguished Fulbright Australian Alumni (WG Walker) Scholarship. This scholarship is supported by a fund established through donations by Australian Fulbright Alumni.
Fulbright Sponsored Scholarships: The following scholarships are either sponsored by industry or government OR endowed through donations from business, individuals, governments and/or universities and are offered in specific fields of study:
- Science and Engineering sponsored by BHP Billiton
- Technology and Communications sponsored by Telstra
Fulbright State and Territory Scholarships: Fulbright State and Territory Scholarships support study or research related to a topic or issue of importance to that state or territory:
- New South Wales Scholarship is supported by the NSW Government and NSW universities
- Northern Territory Scholarship is supported by the NT Government, Charles Darwin University and corporate sponsor, Blackboard Asia Pacific
- Queensland Scholarship established by the QLD government and all QLD based universities
- South Australia Scholarship is supported by the South Australian Government and South Australian based universities.
- Tasmania Scholarship sponsored by the Tasmanian Government and the University of Tasmania
- Victoria Scholarship established by the Victorian government and Victorian based universities
- Western Australia Scholarship established by the WA government, WA based universities, companies and individual donors.
Applicants are encouraged to consider Fulbright sponsored Scholarships as these scholarships offer the opportunity to develop wider networks. Applicants who apply for a Fulbright sponsored scholarship are also automatically considered for a Fulbright General Scholarship.
Current Australian Postgraduate Scholarship holders are encouraged to apply. Government guidelines related to Australian Postgraduate Scholarships changed in 2005 to encourage international research experiences related to Australian postgraduate studies through scholarships, such as Fulbright. Awards:* Scholarship valued at up to A$45,000 and includes:
o Generous travel entitlement
o Monthly stipend for a maximum of 12 months
o Establishment and baggage allowances
o Transport and accommodation to attend an Orientation Program and the Fulbright Presentation Dinner in Australia (March)
o Transport and accommodation to an Enrichment Seminar with international Fulbright Scholars in the U.S.
Professional network to U.S., Australian and international Fulbright Scholars and distinguished alumni.
* Postgraduates can remain in the U.S. for up to one year following their Fulbright program, under ‘academic training’ to undertake work in their field in the U.S.
- Fulbright Postgraduate Scholars must spend a minimum of one academic year (8-12 months) in the U.S., the majority of time should be at their host institution.
- Fulbright funding is for the first 12 months only and applicants must demonstrate they have sufficient additional funds to support themselves and any dependants during their stay in the U.S.
- Fulbright scholarships support one academic year, applicants are able to extend their stay but without funding from the Fulbright Commission. Eligibility:Australian Citizen Quantity:The Commission offers up to fifteen (15) Fulbright Postgraduate Scholarships annually. Contact:Ms Lyndell Wilson
Australian-American Fulbright Commission
P O Box 9541
Deakin ACT 2600
Fulbright Professional Scholarship In Non Profit Leadership 2017, Australian Scholarships Foundation, Australia, 10 days ago
Scholarship Overview This scholarship provides an exceptional opportunity for personal / professional development and broader impact through research, experiential learning or management training ...
Fulbright Scholarships (External), University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 15 days ago
Established in Australia in 1949, the Australian-American Fulbright Commission aims to promote mutual understanding through educational and cultural exchange between Australia and the United State...
Funding On The Line, University of Sydney, Australia, about 8 hours ago
Funding Body: ARC funded PhD studentship Title: Funding on the Line Research Areas: Humanities & Social Sciences; Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: The University of S...
Ph D Scholarship Local Government And Housing In Australia For The 21st Century, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 29 days ago
The University of Technology Sydney (UTS) and the University of South Australia (UniSA) are each offering a PhD scholarship focused on how local governments can help find a solution to the challen...
Ph D Scholarship Top Ups, The University of Queensland, Australia, 29 days ago
School of Geography, Planning and Environmental Management The School of Geography, Planning and Environmental Management (GPEM) is a vibrant, multidisciplinary School with extensive teaching and ...
Ph D Opportunity In Public Transport At The University Of Sydney Business School, Griffith University, Australia, 11 days ago
PhD scholarship - 'Funding on the Line' StudyFunding Body:ARC funded PhD studentshipTitle: ‘Funding on the Line’ is the ARC Linkage Project under which this PhD studentship is located. Title ...