Applications are now open for the 2011 Fulbright Australian Postgraduate Scholarships. 1. Fulbright General Scholarships: Fulbright general scholarships open to all fields of study.
- The top ranked applicant nationally receives the distinguished Fulbright Australian Alumni (WG Walker) Scholarship. This scholarship is supported by a fund established through donations by Australian Fulbright Alumni.
Fulbright Sponsored Scholarships: The following scholarships are either sponsored by industry or government OR endowed through donations from business, individuals, governments and/or universities and are offered in specific fields of study:
- Science and Engineering sponsored by BHP Billiton
- Technology and Communications sponsored by Telstra
Fulbright State and Territory Scholarships: Fulbright State and Territory Scholarships support study or research related to a topic or issue of importance to that state or territory:
- New South Wales Scholarship is supported by the NSW Government and NSW universities
- Northern Territory Scholarship is supported by the NT Government, Charles Darwin University and corporate sponsor, Blackboard Asia Pacific
- Queensland Scholarship established by the QLD government and all QLD based universities
- South Australia Scholarship is supported by the South Australian Government and South Australian based universities.
- Tasmania Scholarship sponsored by the Tasmanian Government and the University of Tasmania
- Victoria Scholarship established by the Victorian government and Victorian based universities
- Western Australia Scholarship established by the WA government, WA based universities, companies and individual donors.
Applicants are encouraged to consider Fulbright sponsored Scholarships as these scholarships offer the opportunity to develop wider networks. Applicants who apply for a Fulbright sponsored scholarship are also automatically considered for a Fulbright General Scholarship.
Current Australian Postgraduate Scholarship holders are encouraged to apply. Government guidelines related to Australian Postgraduate Scholarships changed in 2005 to encourage international research experiences related to Australian postgraduate studies through scholarships, such as Fulbright. Awards:* Scholarship valued at up to A$45,000 and includes:
o Generous travel entitlement
o Monthly stipend for a maximum of 12 months
o Establishment and baggage allowances
o Transport and accommodation to attend an Orientation Program and the Fulbright Presentation Dinner in Australia (March)
o Transport and accommodation to an Enrichment Seminar with international Fulbright Scholars in the U.S.
Professional network to U.S., Australian and international Fulbright Scholars and distinguished alumni.
* Postgraduates can remain in the U.S. for up to one year following their Fulbright program, under ‘academic training’ to undertake work in their field in the U.S.
- Fulbright Postgraduate Scholars must spend a minimum of one academic year (8-12 months) in the U.S., the majority of time should be at their host institution.
- Fulbright funding is for the first 12 months only and applicants must demonstrate they have sufficient additional funds to support themselves and any dependants during their stay in the U.S.
- Fulbright scholarships support one academic year, applicants are able to extend their stay but without funding from the Fulbright Commission. Eligibility:Australian Citizen Quantity:The Commission offers up to fifteen (15) Fulbright Postgraduate Scholarships annually. Contact:Ms Lyndell Wilson
Australian-American Fulbright Commission
P O Box 9541
Deakin ACT 2600
John Monash Scholarship, RMIT University, Australia, about 1 month ago
Level 1, Bennelong House, 9 Queen ST, Melbourne, VIC, Australia. firstname.lastname@example.org (613) 9620 2428 Home Home About Us John Monash Scholars Support Applicants News and Events John Monash Contact ...
Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship, University of Tasmania, Australia, 28 days ago
Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship In celebration of Westpac Group’s upcoming 200th anniversary on 8 April 2017, the Westpac Bicentennial Foundation has been established. The Foundation has been e...
Ph D Scholarships In Civil And Chemical Engineering, The University of Queensland, Australia, 29 days ago
Apply now Job no:497773 Area:Faculty Of Engineering, Architecture & Info Tech Salary (FTE):APA Industry Post 2005 Scholar NBAN ($31,298.00 - $31,298.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location:...
Tony Hogg Scholarship In Japanese, University of Tasmania, Australia, 28 days ago
Tony Hogg Scholarship in Japanese This scholarship is a gift to the University of Tasmania from retired Australian Trade Commissioner Tony Hogg, who spent more than 30 years living and working in ...
Pinnacle Foundation Scholarships, RMIT University, Australia, 10 days ago
Scholarships will be provided for 16-24 year old LGBTIQ* students who desire to undertake full-time education at a public or private secondary school (final year) or public institution of higher e...
Indigenous Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarship (Icas) Ugcl1000, University of New South Wales, Australia, 29 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers, First year students, Second year students, Third year and above Opens 05/08/2015 Closing Date See below For commencement Semester 1 2016 Value $5...