Applications are now open for the 2011 Fulbright Australian Postgraduate Scholarships. 1. Fulbright General Scholarships: Fulbright general scholarships open to all fields of study.
- The top ranked applicant nationally receives the distinguished Fulbright Australian Alumni (WG Walker) Scholarship. This scholarship is supported by a fund established through donations by Australian Fulbright Alumni.
Fulbright Sponsored Scholarships: The following scholarships are either sponsored by industry or government OR endowed through donations from business, individuals, governments and/or universities and are offered in specific fields of study:
- Science and Engineering sponsored by BHP Billiton
- Technology and Communications sponsored by Telstra
Fulbright State and Territory Scholarships: Fulbright State and Territory Scholarships support study or research related to a topic or issue of importance to that state or territory:
- New South Wales Scholarship is supported by the NSW Government and NSW universities
- Northern Territory Scholarship is supported by the NT Government, Charles Darwin University and corporate sponsor, Blackboard Asia Pacific
- Queensland Scholarship established by the QLD government and all QLD based universities
- South Australia Scholarship is supported by the South Australian Government and South Australian based universities.
- Tasmania Scholarship sponsored by the Tasmanian Government and the University of Tasmania
- Victoria Scholarship established by the Victorian government and Victorian based universities
- Western Australia Scholarship established by the WA government, WA based universities, companies and individual donors.
Applicants are encouraged to consider Fulbright sponsored Scholarships as these scholarships offer the opportunity to develop wider networks. Applicants who apply for a Fulbright sponsored scholarship are also automatically considered for a Fulbright General Scholarship.
Current Australian Postgraduate Scholarship holders are encouraged to apply. Government guidelines related to Australian Postgraduate Scholarships changed in 2005 to encourage international research experiences related to Australian postgraduate studies through scholarships, such as Fulbright. Awards:* Scholarship valued at up to A$45,000 and includes:
o Generous travel entitlement
o Monthly stipend for a maximum of 12 months
o Establishment and baggage allowances
o Transport and accommodation to attend an Orientation Program and the Fulbright Presentation Dinner in Australia (March)
o Transport and accommodation to an Enrichment Seminar with international Fulbright Scholars in the U.S.
Professional network to U.S., Australian and international Fulbright Scholars and distinguished alumni.
* Postgraduates can remain in the U.S. for up to one year following their Fulbright program, under ‘academic training’ to undertake work in their field in the U.S.
- Fulbright Postgraduate Scholars must spend a minimum of one academic year (8-12 months) in the U.S., the majority of time should be at their host institution.
- Fulbright funding is for the first 12 months only and applicants must demonstrate they have sufficient additional funds to support themselves and any dependants during their stay in the U.S.
- Fulbright scholarships support one academic year, applicants are able to extend their stay but without funding from the Fulbright Commission. Eligibility:Australian Citizen Quantity:The Commission offers up to fifteen (15) Fulbright Postgraduate Scholarships annually. Contact:Ms Lyndell Wilson
Australian-American Fulbright Commission
P O Box 9541
Deakin ACT 2600
John Monash Scholarship, RMIT University, Australia, 23 days ago
“The privilege of education carries great responsibilities – it is given not for individual benefit alone, but to befit persons for the higher duties of citizenship and for roles of leadership in ...
Ph D Positions Available In Telecommunications Engineering Sydney, Australia, UNSW, Australia, 26 days ago
The UNSW Australia School of Electrical Engineering and Telecommunications is seeking high quality students to conduct research leading to degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in the area of “Enhan...
Elizabeth C. Ainsworth Scholarship Ugce1017, University of New South Wales, Australia, 25 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers, First year students, Second year students, Third year and above Opens 03/08/2016 Closing Date See below For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $5...
Unsw Law Foundation Class Award Ugtr1028, University of New South Wales, Australia, 25 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Third year and above Opens 03/08/2016 Closing Date 30/11/2016 For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $2,500 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year Residency Aus Citizen/...
John Weeden Memorial Award Ugce1062, University of New South Wales, Australia, 25 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers Opens 03/08/2016 Closing Date See below For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $4,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year Residency Aus Citizen/...
Access Assist Scholarships Ugce1078, University of New South Wales, Australia, 25 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers Opens 03/08/2016 Closing Date See below For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $10,000 25 Scholarship(s) available For Duration of program (minim...