Applications are now open for the 2011 Fulbright Australian Postgraduate Scholarships. 1. Fulbright General Scholarships: Fulbright general scholarships open to all fields of study.
- The top ranked applicant nationally receives the distinguished Fulbright Australian Alumni (WG Walker) Scholarship. This scholarship is supported by a fund established through donations by Australian Fulbright Alumni.
Fulbright Sponsored Scholarships: The following scholarships are either sponsored by industry or government OR endowed through donations from business, individuals, governments and/or universities and are offered in specific fields of study:
- Science and Engineering sponsored by BHP Billiton
- Technology and Communications sponsored by Telstra
Fulbright State and Territory Scholarships: Fulbright State and Territory Scholarships support study or research related to a topic or issue of importance to that state or territory:
- New South Wales Scholarship is supported by the NSW Government and NSW universities
- Northern Territory Scholarship is supported by the NT Government, Charles Darwin University and corporate sponsor, Blackboard Asia Pacific
- Queensland Scholarship established by the QLD government and all QLD based universities
- South Australia Scholarship is supported by the South Australian Government and South Australian based universities.
- Tasmania Scholarship sponsored by the Tasmanian Government and the University of Tasmania
- Victoria Scholarship established by the Victorian government and Victorian based universities
- Western Australia Scholarship established by the WA government, WA based universities, companies and individual donors.
Applicants are encouraged to consider Fulbright sponsored Scholarships as these scholarships offer the opportunity to develop wider networks. Applicants who apply for a Fulbright sponsored scholarship are also automatically considered for a Fulbright General Scholarship.
Current Australian Postgraduate Scholarship holders are encouraged to apply. Government guidelines related to Australian Postgraduate Scholarships changed in 2005 to encourage international research experiences related to Australian postgraduate studies through scholarships, such as Fulbright. Awards:* Scholarship valued at up to A$45,000 and includes:
o Generous travel entitlement
o Monthly stipend for a maximum of 12 months
o Establishment and baggage allowances
o Transport and accommodation to attend an Orientation Program and the Fulbright Presentation Dinner in Australia (March)
o Transport and accommodation to an Enrichment Seminar with international Fulbright Scholars in the U.S.
Professional network to U.S., Australian and international Fulbright Scholars and distinguished alumni.
* Postgraduates can remain in the U.S. for up to one year following their Fulbright program, under ‘academic training’ to undertake work in their field in the U.S.
- Fulbright Postgraduate Scholars must spend a minimum of one academic year (8-12 months) in the U.S., the majority of time should be at their host institution.
- Fulbright funding is for the first 12 months only and applicants must demonstrate they have sufficient additional funds to support themselves and any dependants during their stay in the U.S.
- Fulbright scholarships support one academic year, applicants are able to extend their stay but without funding from the Fulbright Commission. Eligibility:Australian Citizen Quantity:The Commission offers up to fifteen (15) Fulbright Postgraduate Scholarships annually. Contact:Ms Lyndell Wilson
Australian-American Fulbright Commission
P O Box 9541
Deakin ACT 2600
Flinders University :Indigenous Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarship, Flinders University, Australia, about 12 hours ago
Opening Date: 28-02-2017 Closing Date: 17-03-2017 DESCRIPTION The Commonwealth government and Flinders University have established the Indigenous Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarship (ICAS) to a...
Australian Government :Australia Awards, Flinders University, Australia, about 21 hours ago
Opening Date: 01-02-2017 Closing Date: 30-04-2017 The Australia Awards are a whole-of-government initiative bringing together scholarships and fellowships administered by the Department of Foreign...
Rachael Fontana Memorial Bursary For The Arts, University of Southern Queensland, Australia, 4 days ago
Skip to main content Scholarship Description Closing date Australia Award Scholarships Australia Awards are prestigious international scholarships and fellowships funded by the Australian Governme...
Ngiam Tong Yuen Scholarship Ugce1187, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 5 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers, First year students Opens 08/02/2017 Closing Date 31/03/2017 For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $10,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For up to ...
Snooze :Snooze Scholarship, Flinders University, Australia, about 21 hours ago
Snooze :Snooze Scholarship Opening Date: 13-01-2017 Closing Date: 31-03-2017 About The Snooze Scholarship Program Snooze proudly supports young students to become tomorrow's leaders and pave the w...
Ph D – Neuropsychology/Psychiatry: An Investigation Of The Neural Substrates Underlying Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Induced Memory Changes , University of New South Wales, Australia, 24 days ago
The Sydney Neurostimulation Centre (SyNC) located within the Black Dog Institute, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia is seeking a Ph.D student to undertake research investigating how ...