Finnish Government/Centre for International Mobility (CIMO) : Finnish Government Scholarship Pool
External Closing Date: 01-02-2012
The Finnish Government offers scholarships of 3-9 months for Doctoral level studies, research and teaching at a higher education institution in Finland. The Finnish Government Scholarship Pool programme is open to young researchers from all academic fields. The scholarships cannot be applied for post-Doctoral studies or research.
The scholarship includes:
- a monthly allowance of EUR 1,200. The allowance is sufficient for one person only.
- Expenses due to travel, international or in Finland, are not covered by CIMO. Scholarship recipients are recommended to make arrangements for sufficient insurance coverage for their stay in Finland.
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- intend to pursue post-Master's level studies as a visiting student, participate in a research project or teach at a higher education institution or public research institute in Finland; priority will be given to doctoral studies.
- have established contact with the Finnish receiving institution before applying.
- have a letter of invitation from the academic supervisor in Finland; the invitation should also explain the commitment of the host institution to the project.
- have earned a Master’s-level degree before applying
- not have spent already more than one year at a Finnish higher education institution immediately before the intended scholarship period in Finland.
- be able to give proof of sufficient skills in speaking and writing the language needed in study/research.
- be a national of one of the eligible countries listed above.
All applications with enclosures should be forwarded to the contact person below, and should reach the Embassy no later than 1st of February 2012.
Mrs Ewa Walczuk
Embassy of Finland
12 Darwin Avenue
ACT 2600, AUSTRALIA
- WWW address for more information: http://www.studyinfinland.fi/tuition_and_scholarships/cimo_scholarships
- Download an application form for this scholarship scheme. This document is provided as an Adobe Acrobat portable document format (pdf) file. You will need to install the Adobe Acrobat reader on your computer to view pdf files. The Adobe Acrobat Reader is available free of charge from Adobe's website. Adobe provides tools for converting pdf files to HTML and ASCII text for users with vision impairments at its access.adobe.com website. If you require this document in other formats (plain text, ASCII), please contact the Higher Degree Administration and Scholarships Office.
Ph D Scholarship In Development Of Lo Cs With Integrated Sensors For Real Time On Site Monitoring Of Environmental Impact Of Pathogens And Toxic Compounds, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 11 hours ago
Apply no later than 31 August 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Nanotech by completing the following form. Apply online Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for a position funde...
International Ph D Fees Scholarship, University of Southern Queensland, Australia, about 4 hours ago
The University of Southern Queensland (USQ) is offering a number of International PhD Fee Scholarships for international students studying, or commencing the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) program in ...
International Ph D Stipend Scholarship, University of Southern Queensland, Australia, about 4 hours ago
The University of Southern Queensland (USQ) is offering a number of International PhD Stipend Scholarships for international students studying, or commencing the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in 2018...
Tim And Kathryn Hirshman Indonesian Award Ugtr1002, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 7 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Second year students, Third year and above, Honours year students, Postgraduate students Opens 14/08/2017 Closing Date 20/10/2017 For commencement Semester 2 2018 Val...
Bupa International Student Bursary, University of Southern Queensland, Australia, about 4 hours ago
Bupa is a leading healthcare organisation in Australia and New Zealand, offering health cover to International Students through their Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). They have over 65 years ...
Gcsb Tertiary Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 7 days ago
Value: The value of this award is $10,000 Tenure of award: Which can be spread over three years depending on your study plans. Note, no more than $5,000 will be allocated in any one year. Closing ...