Finnish Government/Centre for International Mobility (CIMO) : Finnish Government Scholarship Pool
External Closing Date: 01-02-2012
The Finnish Government offers scholarships of 3-9 months for Doctoral level studies, research and teaching at a higher education institution in Finland. The Finnish Government Scholarship Pool programme is open to young researchers from all academic fields. The scholarships cannot be applied for post-Doctoral studies or research.
The scholarship includes:
- a monthly allowance of EUR 1,200. The allowance is sufficient for one person only.
- Expenses due to travel, international or in Finland, are not covered by CIMO. Scholarship recipients are recommended to make arrangements for sufficient insurance coverage for their stay in Finland.
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- intend to pursue post-Master's level studies as a visiting student, participate in a research project or teach at a higher education institution or public research institute in Finland; priority will be given to doctoral studies.
- have established contact with the Finnish receiving institution before applying.
- have a letter of invitation from the academic supervisor in Finland; the invitation should also explain the commitment of the host institution to the project.
- have earned a Master’s-level degree before applying
- not have spent already more than one year at a Finnish higher education institution immediately before the intended scholarship period in Finland.
- be able to give proof of sufficient skills in speaking and writing the language needed in study/research.
- be a national of one of the eligible countries listed above.
All applications with enclosures should be forwarded to the contact person below, and should reach the Embassy no later than 1st of February 2012.
Mrs Ewa Walczuk
Embassy of Finland
12 Darwin Avenue
ACT 2600, AUSTRALIA
- WWW address for more information: http://www.studyinfinland.fi/tuition_and_scholarships/cimo_scholarships
- Download an application form for this scholarship scheme. This document is provided as an Adobe Acrobat portable document format (pdf) file. You will need to install the Adobe Acrobat reader on your computer to view pdf files. The Adobe Acrobat Reader is available free of charge from Adobe's website. Adobe provides tools for converting pdf files to HTML and ASCII text for users with vision impairments at its access.adobe.com website. If you require this document in other formats (plain text, ASCII), please contact the Higher Degree Administration and Scholarships Office.
Ph.D. In Organic Chemistry, University of British Columbia, Canada, about 1 month ago
Fully funded Ph.D. positions are available at the University of British Columbia Department of Chemistry (Vancouver, Canada), in the laboratory of Prof. Martin E. Tanner. Research in the Tann...
Ph D Position In Ion Implanted Composites: A New Pathway For Energy Storage, MacDiarmid Institute for Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology, New Zealand, 25 days ago
Ion implanted composites: a new pathway for energy storage Closing date: 30 April 2015 The MacDiarmid Institute for Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology is New Zealand’s premier researc...
(Henry Halloran Trust) Urban Housing Lab@Sydney Ph D Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia, 12 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: (Henry Halloran Trust) Urban Housing Lab@Sydney PhD Scholarship Research Areas: Humanities & Social Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: A PhD...
Ph D Position In Microbiology, Syddansk University, Netherlands, about 1 month ago
A PhD position is available for an EU-funded Marie Sklodowska Curie Early Stage Researcher at the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern Denmark for a period of t...
15 Ph D Positions Available Within The Marie Sklodowska Curie Itn Ejd Pogramme, Politecnico di Milano, Centrale Supélec, T.U.D.A, U.L.B., Italy,France,Germany,Belgium, 9 days ago
Four European Universities (Politecnico di Milano-Italy, Technische Universitaet Darmstadt-Germany, Centrale Supélec-France and Université Libre de Bruxelles-Belgium), offer 15 positions for ...
Ph D Position In Durable Catalyst Development For Pemfc, Syddansk University, Netherlands, 22 days ago
Department of Chemical Enginering, Biotechnology and Environmental Technology invites applications for a PhD-fellowship in durable catalyst Development for PEMFC. The position is available startin...