Finnish Government/Centre for International Mobility (CIMO) : Finnish Government Scholarship Pool
External Closing Date: 01-02-2012
The Finnish Government offers scholarships of 3-9 months for Doctoral level studies, research and teaching at a higher education institution in Finland. The Finnish Government Scholarship Pool programme is open to young researchers from all academic fields. The scholarships cannot be applied for post-Doctoral studies or research.
The scholarship includes:
- a monthly allowance of EUR 1,200. The allowance is sufficient for one person only.
- Expenses due to travel, international or in Finland, are not covered by CIMO. Scholarship recipients are recommended to make arrangements for sufficient insurance coverage for their stay in Finland.
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- intend to pursue post-Master's level studies as a visiting student, participate in a research project or teach at a higher education institution or public research institute in Finland; priority will be given to doctoral studies.
- have established contact with the Finnish receiving institution before applying.
- have a letter of invitation from the academic supervisor in Finland; the invitation should also explain the commitment of the host institution to the project.
- have earned a Master’s-level degree before applying
- not have spent already more than one year at a Finnish higher education institution immediately before the intended scholarship period in Finland.
- be able to give proof of sufficient skills in speaking and writing the language needed in study/research.
- be a national of one of the eligible countries listed above.
All applications with enclosures should be forwarded to the contact person below, and should reach the Embassy no later than 1st of February 2012.
Mrs Ewa Walczuk
Embassy of Finland
12 Darwin Avenue
ACT 2600, AUSTRALIA
- WWW address for more information: http://www.studyinfinland.fi/tuition_and_scholarships/cimo_scholarships
- Download an application form for this scholarship scheme. This document is provided as an Adobe Acrobat portable document format (pdf) file. You will need to install the Adobe Acrobat reader on your computer to view pdf files. The Adobe Acrobat Reader is available free of charge from Adobe's website. Adobe provides tools for converting pdf files to HTML and ASCII text for users with vision impairments at its access.adobe.com website. If you require this document in other formats (plain text, ASCII), please contact the Higher Degree Administration and Scholarships Office.
Ph D Scholarship Knowledge Center In Neglected Tropical Diseases, BMD Software & University of Aveiro, Portugal, Portugal, 11 days ago
Knowledge discovery in neglected tropical diseasesPhD scholarship in Computer Science (part of a Marie Sklodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network)Institution: BMD Software & University o...
Ph D Scholarships In Nanomedicine, MQU, Australia, 13 days ago
PhD Scholarships are now available for outstanding domestic and international students is $25,849 to $29,849 per annum tax free for up to three years depending on your experience and academic...
Ph D Scholarships Available, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 14 days ago
The Nanyang Technological University, Singapore is inviting applications for PhD Scholarships for a project examining the relationship between psychological, social and health issues with the built...
Ph D Position: Development Of Small Organic Molecules As Bromodomain Ligands For Cancer Treatment, University of Zurich. Prof. Dr. Cristina Nevado's group, Switzerland, 26 days ago
PhD position OpenSubject AreasOrganic Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Drug DesignContactDr. Andrea Unzueemail: firstname.lastname@example.orgSupervisorProf. Dr. Cristina NevadoBromodomains are classified...
International Ph D Program Biomolecular Technology Of Proteins (Bio To P), BOKU - University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna, Austria, 14 days ago
Open PhD student positionsBioToP offers an inter- and multi-disciplinary research-based doctoral education at the interface of basic and applied science in the field of protein biotechnology. ...
Fulbright Australian Postgraduate Scholarships, Griffith University, Australia, 10 days ago
The Fulbright Postgraduate scholarship allows postgraduate students undertaking their Australian PhD to conduct a period of research and/or study in the US; or supports enrolment in a U.S. postgra...