Finnish Government/Centre for International Mobility (CIMO) : Finnish Government Scholarship Pool
External Closing Date: 01-02-2012
The Finnish Government offers scholarships of 3-9 months for Doctoral level studies, research and teaching at a higher education institution in Finland. The Finnish Government Scholarship Pool programme is open to young researchers from all academic fields. The scholarships cannot be applied for post-Doctoral studies or research.
The scholarship includes:
- a monthly allowance of EUR 1,200. The allowance is sufficient for one person only.
- Expenses due to travel, international or in Finland, are not covered by CIMO. Scholarship recipients are recommended to make arrangements for sufficient insurance coverage for their stay in Finland.
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- intend to pursue post-Master's level studies as a visiting student, participate in a research project or teach at a higher education institution or public research institute in Finland; priority will be given to doctoral studies.
- have established contact with the Finnish receiving institution before applying.
- have a letter of invitation from the academic supervisor in Finland; the invitation should also explain the commitment of the host institution to the project.
- have earned a Master’s-level degree before applying
- not have spent already more than one year at a Finnish higher education institution immediately before the intended scholarship period in Finland.
- be able to give proof of sufficient skills in speaking and writing the language needed in study/research.
- be a national of one of the eligible countries listed above.
All applications with enclosures should be forwarded to the contact person below, and should reach the Embassy no later than 1st of February 2012.
Mrs Ewa Walczuk
Embassy of Finland
12 Darwin Avenue
ACT 2600, AUSTRALIA
- WWW address for more information: http://www.studyinfinland.fi/tuition_and_scholarships/cimo_scholarships
- Download an application form for this scholarship scheme. This document is provided as an Adobe Acrobat portable document format (pdf) file. You will need to install the Adobe Acrobat reader on your computer to view pdf files. The Adobe Acrobat Reader is available free of charge from Adobe's website. Adobe provides tools for converting pdf files to HTML and ASCII text for users with vision impairments at its access.adobe.com website. If you require this document in other formats (plain text, ASCII), please contact the Higher Degree Administration and Scholarships Office.
Usq Kick Start And Kick On Bursaries Incarcerated Students, University of Southern Queensland, Australia, 2 days ago
In Semester One 2016, USQ will offer 8 USQ KickStart and KickOn Bursaries - Incarcerated Students. This bursary is intended to assist the successful recipients to meet the costs of participating i...
Ph D Controlled Stress – Thermally Inducing Strain In Graphene, University of Exeter, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
EPSRC funded (3.5-year) and The Leverhulme Trust funded (4-year) PhD scholarships in Physics: Controlled stress – thermally inducing strain in graphene - http://www.exeter.ac.uk/studying/...
Bayswater Football Club Industry Project Ph D Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 14 days ago
Making correct decisions about how and where to pass the ball is crucial to success in sports such as football. The interaction between individual decisions and team patterns is not well understoo...
Ags Unsw Indigenous Law Scholarship Ugca1404, University of New South Wales, Australia, 6 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Third year and above, Postgraduate students Opens 28/07/2015 Closing Date 07/08/2015 For commencement Semester 2 2015 Value $7,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For one ...
Ph.D. Positions In Uav And Mobile Robotics, West Virginia University, United States, 5 days ago
The Interactive Robotics Laboratory (IRL) at West Virginia University (WVU) has openings for multiple Ph.D. level Graduate Research Assistantships (GRAs). Research areas include sensor fusion, visi...
Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships, University of South Australia, Australia, about 22 hours ago
The Swiss government, through the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS), awards various postgraduate scholarships to foreign scholars and researchers: University scholarsh...