Finnish Government/Centre for International Mobility (CIMO) : Finnish Government Scholarship Pool
External Closing Date: 01-02-2012
The Finnish Government offers scholarships of 3-9 months for Doctoral level studies, research and teaching at a higher education institution in Finland. The Finnish Government Scholarship Pool programme is open to young researchers from all academic fields. The scholarships cannot be applied for post-Doctoral studies or research.
The scholarship includes:
- a monthly allowance of EUR 1,200. The allowance is sufficient for one person only.
- Expenses due to travel, international or in Finland, are not covered by CIMO. Scholarship recipients are recommended to make arrangements for sufficient insurance coverage for their stay in Finland.
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- intend to pursue post-Master's level studies as a visiting student, participate in a research project or teach at a higher education institution or public research institute in Finland; priority will be given to doctoral studies.
- have established contact with the Finnish receiving institution before applying.
- have a letter of invitation from the academic supervisor in Finland; the invitation should also explain the commitment of the host institution to the project.
- have earned a Master’s-level degree before applying
- not have spent already more than one year at a Finnish higher education institution immediately before the intended scholarship period in Finland.
- be able to give proof of sufficient skills in speaking and writing the language needed in study/research.
- be a national of one of the eligible countries listed above.
All applications with enclosures should be forwarded to the contact person below, and should reach the Embassy no later than 1st of February 2012.
Mrs Ewa Walczuk
Embassy of Finland
12 Darwin Avenue
ACT 2600, AUSTRALIA
- WWW address for more information: http://www.studyinfinland.fi/tuition_and_scholarships/cimo_scholarships
- Download an application form for this scholarship scheme. This document is provided as an Adobe Acrobat portable document format (pdf) file. You will need to install the Adobe Acrobat reader on your computer to view pdf files. The Adobe Acrobat Reader is available free of charge from Adobe's website. Adobe provides tools for converting pdf files to HTML and ASCII text for users with vision impairments at its access.adobe.com website. If you require this document in other formats (plain text, ASCII), please contact the Higher Degree Administration and Scholarships Office.
Macquarie University Ph D Scholarship Dynamics Of The Queensland Fruit Fly Microbiome, NSWDPI, Australia, 20 days ago
A PhD opportunity is available in Australia on a project investigating the microbiome of the Queensland fruit fly (Bactrocera tryoni; Tephritidae) (‘Q-fly’). Investigations will focus on the compos...
Ph D Scholarship – Sustainable Consumption And Digital Media, Swinburne University of Technology , Australia, 23 days ago
Applications are invited for a PhD scholarship based at the Swinburne University, Hawthorn campus, Melbourne, Australia, in conjunction with CSIRO. The PhD scholarship is part of a collaborati...
Ph D Position In Geomatics/Gis At The University Of Florida, University of Florida, United States, 27 days ago
The Geomatics Program at the University of Florida is seeking a PhD candidate to work on spatio-temporal analysis of crowd-sourced geographic information and social media data. The PhD research wit...
Ph D Student In Parallelizing Compilers And Runtime Systems , Institute of Computer Science, University of Innsbruck, Austria, 21 days ago
The Institute of Computer Science at the University of Innsbruck, Austria seeks for excellent Phd students to carry out research in optimizing and parallelizing compilers for C++ applications on ex...
Transport Scholarships For International Students: Award Up To 50% Of Tuition Fees., University of Leeds, United Kingdom, 13 days ago
Brief Description: The Institute for Transport Studies (ITS), University of Leeds is offering scholarships funding 50% of the tuition fees (each worth £8,500) to international students who undertak...
Cuevas Medek Exercise (Cme) Psychomotor Therapy Scholarship, The University of Newcastle, Australia, 9 days ago
Establishment This scholarship has been established to provide a 4th year B Physiotherapy student, with a focus toward paediatric therapy, the opportunity to attain a Cuevas Medek Exercise CME Lev...