Finnish Government/Centre for International Mobility (CIMO) : Finnish Government Scholarship Pool
External Closing Date: 01-02-2012
The Finnish Government offers scholarships of 3-9 months for Doctoral level studies, research and teaching at a higher education institution in Finland. The Finnish Government Scholarship Pool programme is open to young researchers from all academic fields. The scholarships cannot be applied for post-Doctoral studies or research.
The scholarship includes:
- a monthly allowance of EUR 1,200. The allowance is sufficient for one person only.
- Expenses due to travel, international or in Finland, are not covered by CIMO. Scholarship recipients are recommended to make arrangements for sufficient insurance coverage for their stay in Finland.
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- intend to pursue post-Master's level studies as a visiting student, participate in a research project or teach at a higher education institution or public research institute in Finland; priority will be given to doctoral studies.
- have established contact with the Finnish receiving institution before applying.
- have a letter of invitation from the academic supervisor in Finland; the invitation should also explain the commitment of the host institution to the project.
- have earned a Master’s-level degree before applying
- not have spent already more than one year at a Finnish higher education institution immediately before the intended scholarship period in Finland.
- be able to give proof of sufficient skills in speaking and writing the language needed in study/research.
- be a national of one of the eligible countries listed above.
All applications with enclosures should be forwarded to the contact person below, and should reach the Embassy no later than 1st of February 2012.
Mrs Ewa Walczuk
Embassy of Finland
12 Darwin Avenue
ACT 2600, AUSTRALIA
- WWW address for more information: http://www.studyinfinland.fi/tuition_and_scholarships/cimo_scholarships
- Download an application form for this scholarship scheme. This document is provided as an Adobe Acrobat portable document format (pdf) file. You will need to install the Adobe Acrobat reader on your computer to view pdf files. The Adobe Acrobat Reader is available free of charge from Adobe's website. Adobe provides tools for converting pdf files to HTML and ASCII text for users with vision impairments at its access.adobe.com website. If you require this document in other formats (plain text, ASCII), please contact the Higher Degree Administration and Scholarships Office.
3 Three Year Funded Ph D Positions In Cognitive, Social And Affective Neuroscience, , Italy, 11 days ago
Rome, 19 June 2015 Call for Application for Prospective Ph.D. StudentsCode: 16167 - Psychology and Social NeuroscienceResearch curriculum in Cognitive Social and Affective Neurosciences ...
Ph D Scholarship In Physics/Materials Science, GNS Science, New Zealand, 23 days ago
PhD Scholarship in Physics/Materials ScienceNanostructured Thermoelectric Materials A PhD scholarship in physics is offered for research into nanostructured compounds for thermoelectric genera...
Central Fund Grants, Finnish Cultural Foundation, Europe, 22 days ago
Description The Finnish Cultural Foundation awards grants to individuals, working groups and organizations in the arts, science and various fields of cultural life through its Central Fund and 17 ...
The Heather Bonner Memorial Scholarship, University of Southern Queensland, Australia, 2 days ago
In Semester 2 2015, USQ will offer one Heather Bonner Memorial Scholarship. This Scholarship has been established in memory of Heather Bonner who brought Indigenous and non-indigenous Australians ...
Asf Grants And Awards For Scandinavians, American-Scandinavian Foundation (ASF), Europe, 22 days ago
Description The American-Scandinavian Foundation (ASF) offers over $500,000 in funding to Scandinavians to undertake study or research programs (usually at the graduate level) in the United States...
Industry Engagement Ph D Scholarship, Disability Access And Inclusion, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 7 days ago
The MARCIA concept is an aspirational status, devised by the City of Bunbury. Bunbury is a large regional city in Western Australia, part of the Greater Bunbury area, with a population of 81,000. ...