Finnish Government/Centre for International Mobility (CIMO) : Finnish Government Scholarship Pool
External Closing Date: 01-02-2012
The Finnish Government offers scholarships of 3-9 months for Doctoral level studies, research and teaching at a higher education institution in Finland. The Finnish Government Scholarship Pool programme is open to young researchers from all academic fields. The scholarships cannot be applied for post-Doctoral studies or research.
The scholarship includes:
- a monthly allowance of EUR 1,200. The allowance is sufficient for one person only.
- Expenses due to travel, international or in Finland, are not covered by CIMO. Scholarship recipients are recommended to make arrangements for sufficient insurance coverage for their stay in Finland.
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- intend to pursue post-Master's level studies as a visiting student, participate in a research project or teach at a higher education institution or public research institute in Finland; priority will be given to doctoral studies.
- have established contact with the Finnish receiving institution before applying.
- have a letter of invitation from the academic supervisor in Finland; the invitation should also explain the commitment of the host institution to the project.
- have earned a Master’s-level degree before applying
- not have spent already more than one year at a Finnish higher education institution immediately before the intended scholarship period in Finland.
- be able to give proof of sufficient skills in speaking and writing the language needed in study/research.
- be a national of one of the eligible countries listed above.
All applications with enclosures should be forwarded to the contact person below, and should reach the Embassy no later than 1st of February 2012.
Mrs Ewa Walczuk
Embassy of Finland
12 Darwin Avenue
ACT 2600, AUSTRALIA
- WWW address for more information: http://www.studyinfinland.fi/tuition_and_scholarships/cimo_scholarships
- Download an application form for this scholarship scheme. This document is provided as an Adobe Acrobat portable document format (pdf) file. You will need to install the Adobe Acrobat reader on your computer to view pdf files. The Adobe Acrobat Reader is available free of charge from Adobe's website. Adobe provides tools for converting pdf files to HTML and ASCII text for users with vision impairments at its access.adobe.com website. If you require this document in other formats (plain text, ASCII), please contact the Higher Degree Administration and Scholarships Office.
Ph D Position In Supercontinuum Light Source Development At Tut Within The New European Training Network Supuvir, Tampere University of Technology (TUT), Finland, 20 days ago
Job posted by Academic Positions (08/09/2016 17.01) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Resea...
Ph D Student In Neuroscience, University of Turku, Finland, 9 days ago
Job posted by Academic Positions (19/09/2016 17.04) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Resea...
Commonwealth Academic Fellowships (Potential Funding Opportunity), Cardiff University, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
Funding opportunities at » | Commonwealth Academic Fellowships (Potential Funding Opportunity) Reference Number: R118 Level of Study: Postgraduate Research Regions: International (Non EU) This f...
Lgbtiq Pinnacle Foundation Scholarships, RMIT University, Australia, 19 days ago
Scholarships will be provided for 16-24 year old LGBTIQ* students who desire to undertake full-time education at a public or private secondary school (final year) or public institution of higher e...
Tura New Music Ph D Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 10 days ago
This project will gather qualitative and quantitative data on audience response to and engagement with music programs in metropolitan and regional Western Australia. The aim is to better underst...
Australian Research Council Ph D Scholarship, University of Southern Queensland, Australia, 3 days ago
The University of Southern Queensland (USQ) is offering an Australian Research Council (ARC) Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) scholarship to carry out research into reinforced crumbed rubber concrete (C...