Finnish Government/Centre for International Mobility (CIMO) : Finnish Government Scholarship Pool
External Closing Date: 01-02-2012
The Finnish Government offers scholarships of 3-9 months for Doctoral level studies, research and teaching at a higher education institution in Finland. The Finnish Government Scholarship Pool programme is open to young researchers from all academic fields. The scholarships cannot be applied for post-Doctoral studies or research.
The scholarship includes:
- a monthly allowance of EUR 1,200. The allowance is sufficient for one person only.
- Expenses due to travel, international or in Finland, are not covered by CIMO. Scholarship recipients are recommended to make arrangements for sufficient insurance coverage for their stay in Finland.
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- intend to pursue post-Master's level studies as a visiting student, participate in a research project or teach at a higher education institution or public research institute in Finland; priority will be given to doctoral studies.
- have established contact with the Finnish receiving institution before applying.
- have a letter of invitation from the academic supervisor in Finland; the invitation should also explain the commitment of the host institution to the project.
- have earned a Master’s-level degree before applying
- not have spent already more than one year at a Finnish higher education institution immediately before the intended scholarship period in Finland.
- be able to give proof of sufficient skills in speaking and writing the language needed in study/research.
- be a national of one of the eligible countries listed above.
All applications with enclosures should be forwarded to the contact person below, and should reach the Embassy no later than 1st of February 2012.
Mrs Ewa Walczuk
Embassy of Finland
12 Darwin Avenue
ACT 2600, AUSTRALIA
- WWW address for more information: http://www.studyinfinland.fi/tuition_and_scholarships/cimo_scholarships
- Download an application form for this scholarship scheme. This document is provided as an Adobe Acrobat portable document format (pdf) file. You will need to install the Adobe Acrobat reader on your computer to view pdf files. The Adobe Acrobat Reader is available free of charge from Adobe's website. Adobe provides tools for converting pdf files to HTML and ASCII text for users with vision impairments at its access.adobe.com website. If you require this document in other formats (plain text, ASCII), please contact the Higher Degree Administration and Scholarships Office.
Ph D In Economics, Syddansk University, Netherlands, about 13 hours ago
Applications are invited for a PhD scholarship at the Historical Economics and Development Group (HEDG) at the Department of Business and Economics, University of Southern Denmark, to be filled as...
The Queensland Times Bursary In Journalism, University of Southern Queensland, Australia, 3 days ago
This bursary is being offered by The Queensland Times to further its commitment to providing the very best quality journalism to the Ipswich region. The Queensland Times has a long and proud histo...
Scientia Scholarships Ugca1137, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 4 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers Opens 06/06/2017 Closing Date See below For commencement Semester 1 2018 Value $10,000 Scholarship(s) available For Duration of program (minimum)...
Ph D Scholarship In Economics, Syddansk University, Netherlands, about 13 hours ago
Applications are invited for one PhD scholarship at COHERE, Department of Business and Economics, to be filled as soon as possible. The place of work will be in Odense. Job description The departm...
Ph D Position In Bioinformatics, Syddansk University, Netherlands, about 13 hours ago
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Faculty of Science together with the Department of Psychology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Southern Denmark and the Odense Univers...
Ph D Fellow In Biogeography And Movement Biology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 5 hours ago
The Natural History Museum of Denmark (Copenhagen) is offering a PhD scholarship commencing 1 October 2017 or as soon as possible thereafter. Project description and scientific environment This Ph...