Finnish Government/Centre for International Mobility (CIMO) : Finnish Government Scholarship Pool
External Closing Date: 01-02-2012
The Finnish Government offers scholarships of 3-9 months for Doctoral level studies, research and teaching at a higher education institution in Finland. The Finnish Government Scholarship Pool programme is open to young researchers from all academic fields. The scholarships cannot be applied for post-Doctoral studies or research.
The scholarship includes:
- a monthly allowance of EUR 1,200. The allowance is sufficient for one person only.
- Expenses due to travel, international or in Finland, are not covered by CIMO. Scholarship recipients are recommended to make arrangements for sufficient insurance coverage for their stay in Finland.
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- intend to pursue post-Master's level studies as a visiting student, participate in a research project or teach at a higher education institution or public research institute in Finland; priority will be given to doctoral studies.
- have established contact with the Finnish receiving institution before applying.
- have a letter of invitation from the academic supervisor in Finland; the invitation should also explain the commitment of the host institution to the project.
- have earned a Master’s-level degree before applying
- not have spent already more than one year at a Finnish higher education institution immediately before the intended scholarship period in Finland.
- be able to give proof of sufficient skills in speaking and writing the language needed in study/research.
- be a national of one of the eligible countries listed above.
All applications with enclosures should be forwarded to the contact person below, and should reach the Embassy no later than 1st of February 2012.
Mrs Ewa Walczuk
Embassy of Finland
12 Darwin Avenue
ACT 2600, AUSTRALIA
- WWW address for more information: http://www.studyinfinland.fi/tuition_and_scholarships/cimo_scholarships
- Download an application form for this scholarship scheme. This document is provided as an Adobe Acrobat portable document format (pdf) file. You will need to install the Adobe Acrobat reader on your computer to view pdf files. The Adobe Acrobat Reader is available free of charge from Adobe's website. Adobe provides tools for converting pdf files to HTML and ASCII text for users with vision impairments at its access.adobe.com website. If you require this document in other formats (plain text, ASCII), please contact the Higher Degree Administration and Scholarships Office.
Ph.D Position At Vedecom On 'smart Radio Resource Management In Heterogeneous Its G5 / 5 G Vehicular Networks', VEDECOM Institute, France, 24 days ago
MISSION AND ACTIVITIES--------------------------------Nowadays, the security of traditional and autonomous vehicles is one of the most important issues facing automotive industries and researchers....
Ph D Scholarship: Lightfields And Holography Representation, Intituto de Telecomunicações, Portugal, 24 days ago
Workplan: Lightfields and Holography Representation. The EmergIMG project results from a Portuguese consortium that targets to design a common framework for the representation and quality ass...
Takamuna Scholarship For Accommodation (Icas), University of Tasmania, Australia, about 22 hours ago
takamuna Scholarship for Accommodation (ICAS) The Indigenous Student Success Program (ISSP) has been introduced by the Federal Government from 1 January 2017. This new program combines the Indige...
New Colombo Plan Scholarship Program Ugtr1037, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 11 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage First year students, Second year students, Third year and above Opens 11/04/2017 Closing Date 31/05/2017 For commencement Semester 1 2018 Value $67,000 Scholarship(s)...
Ph D Scholarship Available On Fuel Cells/Battery Technology In China For Sep 2017 Intake, University of Jinan, China, 26 days ago
One PhD scholarship available to take PhD research on fuel cells / battery in School of Chemical Engineering, University of Jinan, China in September 2017. Scholarship covers tuition fees, monthly ...
Tim And Kathryn Hirshman Indonesian Award Ugtr1002, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 11 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Second year students, Third year and above, Honours year students, Postgraduate students Opens 26/04/2017 Closing Date 31/05/2017 For commencement Semester 2 2017 Val...