Finnish Government/Centre for International Mobility (CIMO) : Finnish Government Scholarship Pool
External Closing Date: 01-02-2012
The Finnish Government offers scholarships of 3-9 months for Doctoral level studies, research and teaching at a higher education institution in Finland. The Finnish Government Scholarship Pool programme is open to young researchers from all academic fields. The scholarships cannot be applied for post-Doctoral studies or research.
The scholarship includes:
- a monthly allowance of EUR 1,200. The allowance is sufficient for one person only.
- Expenses due to travel, international or in Finland, are not covered by CIMO. Scholarship recipients are recommended to make arrangements for sufficient insurance coverage for their stay in Finland.
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- intend to pursue post-Master's level studies as a visiting student, participate in a research project or teach at a higher education institution or public research institute in Finland; priority will be given to doctoral studies.
- have established contact with the Finnish receiving institution before applying.
- have a letter of invitation from the academic supervisor in Finland; the invitation should also explain the commitment of the host institution to the project.
- have earned a Master’s-level degree before applying
- not have spent already more than one year at a Finnish higher education institution immediately before the intended scholarship period in Finland.
- be able to give proof of sufficient skills in speaking and writing the language needed in study/research.
- be a national of one of the eligible countries listed above.
All applications with enclosures should be forwarded to the contact person below, and should reach the Embassy no later than 1st of February 2012.
Mrs Ewa Walczuk
Embassy of Finland
12 Darwin Avenue
ACT 2600, AUSTRALIA
- WWW address for more information: http://www.studyinfinland.fi/tuition_and_scholarships/cimo_scholarships
- Download an application form for this scholarship scheme. This document is provided as an Adobe Acrobat portable document format (pdf) file. You will need to install the Adobe Acrobat reader on your computer to view pdf files. The Adobe Acrobat Reader is available free of charge from Adobe's website. Adobe provides tools for converting pdf files to HTML and ASCII text for users with vision impairments at its access.adobe.com website. If you require this document in other formats (plain text, ASCII), please contact the Higher Degree Administration and Scholarships Office.
Ph D Studentships In Mri And Big Data, University of London, United Kingdom, 29 days ago
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) and St George’s, University of London (SGUL) have formed the London Intercollegiate Doctoral Training Partnership (MRC LID), which is funded...
Ph D Fellowship/Scholarship: Global Analysis Of Trade Related Emissions, Aarhus University, Denmark, 29 days ago
Project title: GATE: Global Analysis of Trade-related Emissions Research area and project description:Nowadays most of existing environmental assessments neglect any emissions embodied in trad...
Undergraduate Scholarship Program For International Students In Shiraz, Iran, 2017 2018, Shiraz University of Medical sciences, Iran, 10 days ago
Undergraduate Scholarship Program for International Students in Shiraz, Iran, 2017-2018Description: Shiraz University of Medical Sciences will award a variety of scholarships to the applicants demo...
Two Ph D Positions Available In The Field Of Organic And Organometallic Materials Chemistry , Macquarie University, Australia, 26 days ago
Two PhD Positions (#2016356 and #2016357) available in the field of Organic and Organometallic Materials Chemistry The group of A/Prof. Koushik Venkatesan will move to Macquarie Universi...
Fellowship For Environmental Studies (Master), Duke Kunshan University, China;United States, 28 days ago
Duke Kunshan University is now accepting applications for the new international Master of Environmental Policy (iMEP) degree. The iMEP program is a two-year degree offered jointly by Duke’s Sanford...
Indigenous Access Scholarships (Ias), University of Southern Queensland, Australia, 3 days ago
Due to changes in funding guidelines for the Commonwealth Indigenous Scholarships, the scholarships that USQ offers in 2017 will be different from previous years. Applications will open late Janua...