Finnish Government/Centre for International Mobility (CIMO) : Finnish Government Scholarship Pool
External Closing Date: 01-02-2012
The Finnish Government offers scholarships of 3-9 months for Doctoral level studies, research and teaching at a higher education institution in Finland. The Finnish Government Scholarship Pool programme is open to young researchers from all academic fields. The scholarships cannot be applied for post-Doctoral studies or research.
The scholarship includes:
- a monthly allowance of EUR 1,200. The allowance is sufficient for one person only.
- Expenses due to travel, international or in Finland, are not covered by CIMO. Scholarship recipients are recommended to make arrangements for sufficient insurance coverage for their stay in Finland.
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- intend to pursue post-Master's level studies as a visiting student, participate in a research project or teach at a higher education institution or public research institute in Finland; priority will be given to doctoral studies.
- have established contact with the Finnish receiving institution before applying.
- have a letter of invitation from the academic supervisor in Finland; the invitation should also explain the commitment of the host institution to the project.
- have earned a Master’s-level degree before applying
- not have spent already more than one year at a Finnish higher education institution immediately before the intended scholarship period in Finland.
- be able to give proof of sufficient skills in speaking and writing the language needed in study/research.
- be a national of one of the eligible countries listed above.
All applications with enclosures should be forwarded to the contact person below, and should reach the Embassy no later than 1st of February 2012.
Mrs Ewa Walczuk
Embassy of Finland
12 Darwin Avenue
ACT 2600, AUSTRALIA
- WWW address for more information: http://www.studyinfinland.fi/tuition_and_scholarships/cimo_scholarships
- Download an application form for this scholarship scheme. This document is provided as an Adobe Acrobat portable document format (pdf) file. You will need to install the Adobe Acrobat reader on your computer to view pdf files. The Adobe Acrobat Reader is available free of charge from Adobe's website. Adobe provides tools for converting pdf files to HTML and ASCII text for users with vision impairments at its access.adobe.com website. If you require this document in other formats (plain text, ASCII), please contact the Higher Degree Administration and Scholarships Office.
Master's And Doctoral Degree Programs(Sponsored By Korean Government Scholarship Program, Kgsp) At The Dept. Of Biomedical Gerontology, Hallym University, South Korea, Hallym University, South Korea, 5 days ago
The Dept. of Biomedical Gerontology, Graduate School, Hallym University is looking for applicants passionate and competent in research for the best Korean scholarship for graduate studies, sponsore...
Forest 3 D Characterization Using Sar Tomography: Techniques And Applications, University of Rennes 1, France, 13 days ago
Forest 3-D characterization using SAR tomography: techniques and applicationshttps://www.ietr.fr/IMG/pdf/sujet_these/PhD_CNES_Forest_SAR_tomography_en.pdfSAR tomography is a coherent imaging ...
Ph D Scholarship In Multimedia Signal Processing, Instituto de Telecomunicações, Instituto Superior Técnico, , Portugal, 13 days ago
Project: With the emergence of consumer grade devices providing 3D geometry information, such as depth sensors, light field cameras, 2D camera arrays and new camera devices (e.g. Light L16), the wa...
Ph D Scholarship For 3 D Concrete Printing, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, 13 days ago
Centre for Sustainable Infrastructure of Swinburne University of Technology (https://www.swinburne.edu.au/fset/csi/ ) is seeking to fund scholarship candidates with background in materials, chemica...
Two Ph D Scholarships In The Field Of Machine Learning, Computer Vision And Bio Medical Big Data Analytics, Macau University of Science and Technology, Macau, 13 days ago
Two three-year PhD positions are available at the Faculty of Information Technology, Macau University of Science and Technology. The candidates who are awarded the scholarships wll commence their P...
Ph D Scholarship In Cir Cit Sustainability Impact Assessment For Circular Economy, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 5 days ago
Apply no later than 19 March 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Mechanical Eng by completing the following form. Apply online A PhD student position (3 years) is available at the Section of Engineering...