Excellence Awards, University Of Western Australia (Uwa)
- Excellence Awards
The University of Western Australia has always celebrated excellence, and for this reason is committed to recognising outstanding students in schools throughout the State.
The University is pleased to offer an award to one student from each senior secondary school in Western Australia. These students will have been nominated by their schools as the student most likely to succeed at university. Students completing a two-subject mature-age TEE/WACE are also eligible for nomination by their school.
In addition to a cash award, recipients are guaranteed an offer of a place at UWA in the first round of offers, independently of the ATAR cut-off for that course, as long as they meet the University's minimum entry requirements and have a UWA first preference for the first round of offers (exceptions apply to Music).
- Payment type
- Value unit
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- To be eligible for these awards a student must:
- have been nominated by their school as the Year 12 student most likely to succeed at university;
- be completing Year 12 or equivalent in 2012;
- meet the admission requirements for entry to UWA (WACE, competence in English and any prerequisite requirements for particular courses);
- achieve a TER (ATAR) (or equivalent) of at least 80.00;
- have applied through TISC for a place at UWA, nominating a UWA course as their first preference for the first round of offers; and
- be a permanent resident or citizen of Australia.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Because particular selection procedures apply for Music, the offer of a guaranteed place does not apply to that course. Eligible students who accept places in Music will still receive the other benefits of this award. Eligible students who have nominated Music as a first preference, but whose application is unsuccessful, will be guaranteed a place in the UWA course that they nominate as their next preference, and will still receive the other benefits of this award.
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- UWA Only
- Currently available
- Application status
View or Apply
The University of Western Australia - AustraliaThe University of Western Australia has always celebrated excellence, and for this reason is committed to recognising outstanding students in schools throughout the State. The University is pleased to