- CSIRO Vacation Scholarships
Run over the summer holidays, CSIRO's vacation scholarships scheme offers undergraduate students the opportunity of collaborating with CSIRO scientists. Each year around 200 university students spend their summer holidays working with CSIRO. Vacation scholars can go on to do further work with CSIRO. Some have been offered the opportunity of doing their honours or PhD projects jointly with us, others have been offered paid employment. Indeed, several Chiefs of CSIRO Divisions can trace their history with the Organisation back to a summer vacation scholarship.
It varies from year to year, but around half our Divisions offer vacation scholarships.
Participating Divisions include:
- Astronomy and Space Science
- Energy Technology
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) Centre
- Livestock Industries
- Materials Science and Engineering (CMSE)
- Mathematics Informatics and Statistics (CMIS)
- Plant Industry.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend, Operating Allowance and Travel Grant
- Please see conditions
- Value unit
- Per fortnight
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See Further Information
- Study area
- Animal Biology, Biomedical, Biomolecular and Chemical Sciences, Civil and Resource Engineering, Computer Science and Software Engineering, Earth and Environment, Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering, Environmental Systems Engineering, Humanities, Mathematics and Statistics, Mechanical Engineering, Plant Biology, Sport Science, Exercise and Health, Water Research, Forensic Science, Microscopy, Characterisation and Analysis, International Centre for Radio Astronomy, The UWA Oceans Institute, Agriculture and Resource Economics, Anatomy and Human Biology
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- Research Institution, Other Institution
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Student In Rhizosphere Microbial Ecology (1,0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, 11 days ago
PhD student in rhizosphere microbial ecology (1,0 FTE) Functie Plants have a remarkable repertoire of ways to deal with attack by pathogens and pests. During the last decade recruitment of a benef...
Ph D Candidate For Miniaturized Metabolomics Phenotyping Of Parkinson’s Disease, Leiden University, Netherlands, 4 days ago
The Division of Analytical Biosciences, the Leiden Academic Centre for Drug Research (LACDR), vacature 15-398 The Division of Analytical Biosciences at the Leiden Academic Centre for Drug Research...
Ph D Scholarship In Photonics, The University of Queensland, Australia, 2 days ago
Apply now Job no:498285 Area:Faculty Of Engineering, Architecture & Info Tech Salary (FTE):School Schol (APA Rate) NONBAND ($25,849.00 - $25,849.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St ...
7 Ph D Positions In Active Mode Mobility, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 17 days ago
7 PhD Positions in Active Mode Mobility Department/faculty: Civil Engineering and Geosciences Level: Master degree Working hours: 38 hours per week Contract: 4 years Salary: €2125 to €2717 per mon...
Ph D On Non Isothermal Rarefied Gas Flows With Hybrid Dsmc Lbm Simulations (V34.2400), Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, 23 days ago
PhD position at Eindhoven University of Technology: Study of non-isothermal rarefied gas flows with hybrid DSMC-LBM simulations Departments Department of Applied Physics Institutes and others High...
Making And Breaking Cancer Cells Through Epigenome Programming (Erc Funded Postdoc &Amp; Ph D Positions), CeMM - Research Center for Molecular Medicine of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, Austria, about 23 hours ago
Job posted by Science Careers (27/11/2015 02.15) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Research...