- CSIRO Vacation Scholarships
Run over the summer holidays, CSIRO's vacation scholarships scheme offers undergraduate students the opportunity of collaborating with CSIRO scientists. Each year around 200 university students spend their summer holidays working with CSIRO. Vacation scholars can go on to do further work with CSIRO. Some have been offered the opportunity of doing their honours or PhD projects jointly with us, others have been offered paid employment. Indeed, several Chiefs of CSIRO Divisions can trace their history with the Organisation back to a summer vacation scholarship.
It varies from year to year, but around half our Divisions offer vacation scholarships.
Participating Divisions include:
- Astronomy and Space Science
- Energy Technology
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) Centre
- Livestock Industries
- Materials Science and Engineering (CMSE)
- Mathematics Informatics and Statistics (CMIS)
- Plant Industry.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend, Operating Allowance and Travel Grant
- Please see conditions
- Value unit
- Per fortnight
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See Further Information
- Study area
- Animal Biology, Biomedical, Biomolecular and Chemical Sciences, Civil and Resource Engineering, Computer Science and Software Engineering, Earth and Environment, Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering, Environmental Systems Engineering, Humanities, Mathematics and Statistics, Mechanical Engineering, Plant Biology, Sport Science, Exercise and Health, Water Research, Forensic Science, Microscopy, Characterisation and Analysis, International Centre for Radio Astronomy, The UWA Oceans Institute, Agriculture and Resource Economics, Anatomy and Human Biology
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- Research Institution, Other Institution
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Position: Physiological Characterization Of The Impact Of Gradients On Fermentation Processes, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 8 days ago
Apply no later than 13 February 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Chemical Eng. by completing the following form. Apply online Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering – CAPEC-PROCESS Resear...
Ph D Scholarship: Advanced Boiler Chamber Measurements In Waste Boilers, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 1 day ago
Apply no later than 19 March 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Chemical Eng. by completing the following form. Apply online Introduction: A collaboration project by DTU and Babcock Wilcox Vølund is st...
Ph D Position In Computational Catalysis, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 6 hours ago
Departments Department of Chemical Engineering and Chemistry Reference number V37.2841 Job description Schuit Institute of Catalysis, Department of Chemical Engineering and Chemistry We have open ...
Ph D Position In Statistics, Leiden University, Netherlands, about 10 hours ago
The Faculty of Science and the Mathematical Institute invites applications for a four-year: PhD position in Statistics (1.0 fte) Vacancy number 17-024 The successful candidate will be working on f...
Ph D Position In Dependability Solutions Wireless Networking Of Embedded Systems, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 6 hours ago
Departments Department of Electrical Engineering Reference number V36.2832 Job description Eindhoven University of Technology Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e, www.tue.nl ) is a world-lead...
Ph D Scholarship In Designing New Ways Of Working In Industry 4.0, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 1 day ago
Apply no later than 15 March 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Management Engineering by completing the following form. Apply online DTU Management Engineering invites applicants for a 3-year PhD posi...