- CSIRO Vacation Scholarships
Run over the summer holidays, CSIRO's vacation scholarships scheme offers undergraduate students the opportunity of collaborating with CSIRO scientists. Each year around 200 university students spend their summer holidays working with CSIRO. Vacation scholars can go on to do further work with CSIRO. Some have been offered the opportunity of doing their honours or PhD projects jointly with us, others have been offered paid employment. Indeed, several Chiefs of CSIRO Divisions can trace their history with the Organisation back to a summer vacation scholarship.
It varies from year to year, but around half our Divisions offer vacation scholarships.
Participating Divisions include:
- Astronomy and Space Science
- Energy Technology
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) Centre
- Livestock Industries
- Materials Science and Engineering (CMSE)
- Mathematics Informatics and Statistics (CMIS)
- Plant Industry.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend, Operating Allowance and Travel Grant
- Please see conditions
- Value unit
- Per fortnight
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See Further Information
- Study area
- Animal Biology, Biomedical, Biomolecular and Chemical Sciences, Civil and Resource Engineering, Computer Science and Software Engineering, Earth and Environment, Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering, Environmental Systems Engineering, Humanities, Mathematics and Statistics, Mechanical Engineering, Plant Biology, Sport Science, Exercise and Health, Water Research, Forensic Science, Microscopy, Characterisation and Analysis, International Centre for Radio Astronomy, The UWA Oceans Institute, Agriculture and Resource Economics, Anatomy and Human Biology
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- Research Institution, Other Institution
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Position On Studying The Carbon Balance Of The Amazon By Measuring The 17 O Anomaly Of Co2 (1,0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, 16 days ago
PhD position on studying the carbon balance of the Amazon by measuring the 17O anomaly of CO2 (1,0 FTE) Functie The Amazon is a major player in the global carbon cycle. Recent measurements showed ...
Ph D Opportunity In Computer Vision, Universidade de São Paulo, Brazil, 10 days ago
Job posted by Ghent University (19/08/2015 14.21) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researc...
Ph D In Algebraic Geometry At Utrecht University (1,0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, 23 days ago
PhD in algebraic geometry at Utrecht University (1,0 FTE) Functie Moduli spaces of geometric objects on a complex algebraic variety have rich structures. They can be used to define invariants of t...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Contaminant Hydrology, University of Sydney, Australia, 2 days ago
Funding Body: The University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Contaminant Hydrology Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: A full time postgradu...
Ph D Student (V39.2360), Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, 7 days ago
to help research and develop a platform for stochastic analysis of collaborative streaming data in logistics Departments Department of Industrial Engineering & Innovation Sciences Job descriptio...
Ph D Position On Studying The Effect Of Uv Radiation On Carbon In Meteorites (1,0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, 16 days ago
PhD position on studying the effect of UV radiation on carbon in meteorites (1,0 FTE) Functie The detection of organic matter is a major focus of astrobiological space missions that aim to identif...