- CSIRO Vacation Scholarships
Run over the summer holidays, CSIRO's vacation scholarships scheme offers undergraduate students the opportunity of collaborating with CSIRO scientists. Each year around 200 university students spend their summer holidays working with CSIRO. Vacation scholars can go on to do further work with CSIRO. Some have been offered the opportunity of doing their honours or PhD projects jointly with us, others have been offered paid employment. Indeed, several Chiefs of CSIRO Divisions can trace their history with the Organisation back to a summer vacation scholarship.
It varies from year to year, but around half our Divisions offer vacation scholarships.
Participating Divisions include:
- Astronomy and Space Science
- Energy Technology
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) Centre
- Livestock Industries
- Materials Science and Engineering (CMSE)
- Mathematics Informatics and Statistics (CMIS)
- Plant Industry.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend, Operating Allowance and Travel Grant
- Please see conditions
- Value unit
- Per fortnight
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See Further Information
- Study area
- Animal Biology, Biomedical, Biomolecular and Chemical Sciences, Civil and Resource Engineering, Computer Science and Software Engineering, Earth and Environment, Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering, Environmental Systems Engineering, Humanities, Mathematics and Statistics, Mechanical Engineering, Plant Biology, Sport Science, Exercise and Health, Water Research, Forensic Science, Microscopy, Characterisation and Analysis, International Centre for Radio Astronomy, The UWA Oceans Institute, Agriculture and Resource Economics, Anatomy and Human Biology
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- Research Institution, Other Institution
- Currently available
- Application status
Call For Admission To The Ph D Programs At The Politecnico Di Torino (32nd Cycle) 01.11.2016 / 31.10.2019, Politecnico di Torino, Europe, 22 days ago
Fellowship posted by Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (19/01/2016 03.02) Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Excel...
Ph D Opportunity, Lancaster Environment Centre, United Kingdom, 26 days ago
Job posted by Lancaster Environment Centre (14/01/2016 16.55) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code...
Ph D Candidate On Ecology/Molecular Ecology Of Aboveground – Belowground Interactions (2x), Royal Netherlands Academy for Arts and Sciences (KNAW), Netherlands, 21 days ago
Job posted by AcademicTransfer (20/01/2016 00.15) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researc...
Ph D Positions For Fundamental Studies On The Synthesis, Characterization And Performance Of Heterogeneous Catalysts (1,0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, 19 days ago
PhD positions for fundamental studies on the synthesis, characterization and performance of Heterogeneous Catalysts (1,0 FTE) Functie The production of chemicals and fuels using more sustainable ...
3 Ph D Positions On Hydraulics Modelling For Drilling Automation (Hydra), Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 18 days ago
Job posted by AcademicTransfer (23/01/2016 00.30) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researc...
Ph D Embedding Digital Communication In Car Radars, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 26 days ago
Job posted by AcademicTransfer (15/01/2016 03.00) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researc...