- CSIRO Vacation Scholarships
Run over the summer holidays, CSIRO's vacation scholarships scheme offers undergraduate students the opportunity of collaborating with CSIRO scientists. Each year around 200 university students spend their summer holidays working with CSIRO. Vacation scholars can go on to do further work with CSIRO. Some have been offered the opportunity of doing their honours or PhD projects jointly with us, others have been offered paid employment. Indeed, several Chiefs of CSIRO Divisions can trace their history with the Organisation back to a summer vacation scholarship.
It varies from year to year, but around half our Divisions offer vacation scholarships.
Participating Divisions include:
- Astronomy and Space Science
- Energy Technology
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) Centre
- Livestock Industries
- Materials Science and Engineering (CMSE)
- Mathematics Informatics and Statistics (CMIS)
- Plant Industry.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend, Operating Allowance and Travel Grant
- Please see conditions
- Value unit
- Per fortnight
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See Further Information
- Study area
- Animal Biology, Biomedical, Biomolecular and Chemical Sciences, Civil and Resource Engineering, Computer Science and Software Engineering, Earth and Environment, Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering, Environmental Systems Engineering, Humanities, Mathematics and Statistics, Mechanical Engineering, Plant Biology, Sport Science, Exercise and Health, Water Research, Forensic Science, Microscopy, Characterisation and Analysis, International Centre for Radio Astronomy, The UWA Oceans Institute, Agriculture and Resource Economics, Anatomy and Human Biology
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- Research Institution, Other Institution
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Antifreeze Proteins, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 14 hours ago
Departments Department of Chemical Engineering and Chemistry Graduate Programs Chemical Engineering and Chemistry Reference number V37.2891 Job description Project description Crystallization of w...
Ph D Position ‘Artificial Organelles Based On Polymersome Nanoreactors’ (M/V), Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 14 hours ago
Departments Department of Chemical Engineering and Chemistry, Department of Biomedical Engineering Reference number V37.2868 Job description Our ambition is to create hybrid cells and organelles t...
Expression Of Interest For Ph D Candidates, The University of Queensland, Australia, 22 days ago
The School of Chemical Engineering The School of Chemical Engineering is an international leader in the chemical engineering field and has an excellent international reputation which has been buil...
Ph D Studentship Investigation Of Wear In Industrial Coal Grinding And Drying Plants, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, about 22 hours ago
ReferenceENG1078Closing DateWednesday, 7th June 2017DepartmentEnergy & Sustainability Engineering Doctorate postgraduate position in the Energy and Sustainability Division, Faculty of Engineering ...
Ph D Positions Computational Geometry For Content Generation (1,0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, about 7 hours ago
PhD positions Computational Geometry for Content Generation (1,0 fte) Functie Geometric content is needed in many applications of ICT research: emergency response simulations need realistic worlds...
Ph D Position 'food For Thought In Copd' (1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, about 7 hours ago
PhD position 'Food for thought in COPD' (1.0 FTE) Functie The consortium of the research programme entitled “Food for thought and active life style in COPD” funded by TKI-Longfonds combines precli...