- CSIRO Vacation Scholarships
Run over the summer holidays, CSIRO's vacation scholarships scheme offers undergraduate students the opportunity of collaborating with CSIRO scientists. Each year around 200 university students spend their summer holidays working with CSIRO. Vacation scholars can go on to do further work with CSIRO. Some have been offered the opportunity of doing their honours or PhD projects jointly with us, others have been offered paid employment. Indeed, several Chiefs of CSIRO Divisions can trace their history with the Organisation back to a summer vacation scholarship.
It varies from year to year, but around half our Divisions offer vacation scholarships.
Participating Divisions include:
- Astronomy and Space Science
- Energy Technology
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) Centre
- Livestock Industries
- Materials Science and Engineering (CMSE)
- Mathematics Informatics and Statistics (CMIS)
- Plant Industry.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend, Operating Allowance and Travel Grant
- Please see conditions
- Value unit
- Per fortnight
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See Further Information
- Study area
- Animal Biology, Biomedical, Biomolecular and Chemical Sciences, Civil and Resource Engineering, Computer Science and Software Engineering, Earth and Environment, Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering, Environmental Systems Engineering, Humanities, Mathematics and Statistics, Mechanical Engineering, Plant Biology, Sport Science, Exercise and Health, Water Research, Forensic Science, Microscopy, Characterisation and Analysis, International Centre for Radio Astronomy, The UWA Oceans Institute, Agriculture and Resource Economics, Anatomy and Human Biology
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- Research Institution, Other Institution
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Antifreeze Proteins, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 22 hours ago
Departments Department of Chemical Engineering and Chemistry Graduate Programs Chemical Engineering and Chemistry Reference number V37.2891 Job description Project description Crystallization of w...
Ph D Position Theoretical Computer Science/Discrete Mathematics (1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, about 11 hours ago
PhD position Theoretical Computer Science/Discrete Mathematics (1.0 FTE) Functie The successful candidate will study relevant problems at the interface of theoretical computer science and discrete...
Ph D Scholarship In Secondary Metabolite Production Of Bacillus Subtilis Isolates, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 9 days ago
Apply no later than 15 April 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Bioengineering by completing the following form. Apply online Department of Biotechnology and Biomedicine (DTU Bioengineering) covers mic...
Ph D Scholarship In Metabolic Engineering, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 19 hours ago
Apply no later than 3 May 2017 Apply for the job at Center for Biosustainability by completing the following form. Apply online Applications are invited for a 3-year PhD fellowship on metabolic e...
Ph D Scholarship In The School Of Chemical Engineering, The University of Queensland, Australia, 4 days ago
The School of Chemical Engineering The School of Chemical Engineering is an international leader in the chemical engineering field and has an excellent international reputation which has been buil...
Ph D Candidate In Metabolomic Biomarkers For Bacterial Infections To Combat Antibiotic Resistance, Leiden University, Netherlands, about 6 hours ago
The Faculty of Science and the Leiden Academic Centre for Drug Research (LACDR) are looking for a PhD candidate in Metabolomic biomarkers for bacterial infections to combat antibiotic resistance V...