- CSIRO Vacation Scholarships
Run over the summer holidays, CSIRO's vacation scholarships scheme offers undergraduate students the opportunity of collaborating with CSIRO scientists. Each year around 200 university students spend their summer holidays working with CSIRO. Vacation scholars can go on to do further work with CSIRO. Some have been offered the opportunity of doing their honours or PhD projects jointly with us, others have been offered paid employment. Indeed, several Chiefs of CSIRO Divisions can trace their history with the Organisation back to a summer vacation scholarship.
It varies from year to year, but around half our Divisions offer vacation scholarships.
Participating Divisions include:
- Astronomy and Space Science
- Energy Technology
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) Centre
- Livestock Industries
- Materials Science and Engineering (CMSE)
- Mathematics Informatics and Statistics (CMIS)
- Plant Industry.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend, Operating Allowance and Travel Grant
- Please see conditions
- Value unit
- Per fortnight
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See Further Information
- Study area
- Animal Biology, Biomedical, Biomolecular and Chemical Sciences, Civil and Resource Engineering, Computer Science and Software Engineering, Earth and Environment, Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering, Environmental Systems Engineering, Humanities, Mathematics and Statistics, Mechanical Engineering, Plant Biology, Sport Science, Exercise and Health, Water Research, Forensic Science, Microscopy, Characterisation and Analysis, International Centre for Radio Astronomy, The UWA Oceans Institute, Agriculture and Resource Economics, Anatomy and Human Biology
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- Research Institution, Other Institution
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Candidate On Global Distribution Patterns Of Mycorrhizas, Leiden University, Netherlands, 6 days ago
The Faculty of Science and Institute of Environmental Sciences (CML) is looking for a: PhD candidate on global distribution patterns of mycorrhizas (1,0 fte) Vacancy number: 16-234 The Institute o...
Ph D Scholarship, The University of Queensland, Australia, 9 days ago
PHD SCHOLARSHIP The School of Civil Engineering at The University of Queensland (Brisbane, Australia) is offering PhD scholarships for motivated students to contribute to research being undertaken...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Wheat Rust Pathology And Genetics, University of Sydney, Australia, 29 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Wheat Rust Pathology and Genetics Research Areas: Health Sciences; Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Descripti...
Ph D Fellow In Biorefining, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 19 days ago
PhD fellow in biorefining: “Protein from green biomass – variation in yield and quality among grass genotypes" Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences, Faculty of Science at University of C...
Ph D Researcher In Computational Music Structure Analysis Using Functional Programming (1,0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, 1 day ago
PhD researcher in computational music structure analysis using functional programming (1,0 fte) Functie This project aims at modelling the interplay of different musical dimensions such as melody,...
Ph D Position Seasonal Heat Storage, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, 12 days ago
The Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) has a vacancy for a PhD student "Seasonal heat storage: Tuning the p-T window of salt-hydrates by doping and mixing" at the Department of Mechanical ...