- CSIRO Vacation Scholarships
Run over the summer holidays, CSIRO's vacation scholarships scheme offers undergraduate students the opportunity of collaborating with CSIRO scientists. Each year around 200 university students spend their summer holidays working with CSIRO. Vacation scholars can go on to do further work with CSIRO. Some have been offered the opportunity of doing their honours or PhD projects jointly with us, others have been offered paid employment. Indeed, several Chiefs of CSIRO Divisions can trace their history with the Organisation back to a summer vacation scholarship.
It varies from year to year, but around half our Divisions offer vacation scholarships.
Participating Divisions include:
- Astronomy and Space Science
- Energy Technology
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) Centre
- Livestock Industries
- Materials Science and Engineering (CMSE)
- Mathematics Informatics and Statistics (CMIS)
- Plant Industry.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend, Operating Allowance and Travel Grant
- Please see conditions
- Value unit
- Per fortnight
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See Further Information
- Study area
- Animal Biology, Biomedical, Biomolecular and Chemical Sciences, Civil and Resource Engineering, Computer Science and Software Engineering, Earth and Environment, Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering, Environmental Systems Engineering, Humanities, Mathematics and Statistics, Mechanical Engineering, Plant Biology, Sport Science, Exercise and Health, Water Research, Forensic Science, Microscopy, Characterisation and Analysis, International Centre for Radio Astronomy, The UWA Oceans Institute, Agriculture and Resource Economics, Anatomy and Human Biology
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- Research Institution, Other Institution
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Scholarship – Modelling Physical Changes Of Meat During Heat Treatment, CSIRO, Australia, 13 days ago
Are you passionate about a career in meat science? Access CSIRO’s world-class facilities Be a part of Australia’s leading science and research organisation The position: CSIRO’s Food and Nutrition...
Studentships Available For A 4 Year Interdisciplinary Ph D Programme In Molecules,Cells And Organisms, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, 23 days ago
ReferenceBBSRC-DTP-MCO-2015Closing DateSunday, 21st December 2014DepartmentBBSRC Doctoral Training Partnership BBSRC Doctoral Training Partnership The University of Nottingham, in collaboration wi...
Ph D Position In Organometallic Chemistry And Homogeneous Catalysis (1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, 6 days ago
PhD Position in organometallic chemistry and homogeneous catalysis (1.0 fte) Functie Research in the Organic Chemistry and Catalysis (OCC) group at Utrecht University is centered on the developmen...
Studentships Available For A 4 Year Interdisciplinary Ph D Programme In Agriculture & Food Security, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, 23 days ago
ReferenceBBSRC-DTP-AFS-2015Closing DateSunday, 21st December 2014DepartmentBBSRC Doctoral Training Partnership BBSRC Doctoral Training Partnership The University of Nottingham, in collaboration wi...
Ph D Studentships, Max Planck Institute of Molecular Physiology, Germany, 13 days ago
Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and ...
Ph D Student ‘Colorectal Cancer Microbiology’, Radboud university medical center, Netherlands, 16 days ago
Job posted by AcademicTransfer (02/12/2014 02.00) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researc...