- CSIRO Vacation Scholarships
Run over the summer holidays, CSIRO's vacation scholarships scheme offers undergraduate students the opportunity of collaborating with CSIRO scientists. Each year around 200 university students spend their summer holidays working with CSIRO. Vacation scholars can go on to do further work with CSIRO. Some have been offered the opportunity of doing their honours or PhD projects jointly with us, others have been offered paid employment. Indeed, several Chiefs of CSIRO Divisions can trace their history with the Organisation back to a summer vacation scholarship.
It varies from year to year, but around half our Divisions offer vacation scholarships.
Participating Divisions include:
- Astronomy and Space Science
- Energy Technology
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) Centre
- Livestock Industries
- Materials Science and Engineering (CMSE)
- Mathematics Informatics and Statistics (CMIS)
- Plant Industry.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend, Operating Allowance and Travel Grant
- Please see conditions
- Value unit
- Per fortnight
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See Further Information
- Study area
- Animal Biology, Biomedical, Biomolecular and Chemical Sciences, Civil and Resource Engineering, Computer Science and Software Engineering, Earth and Environment, Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering, Environmental Systems Engineering, Humanities, Mathematics and Statistics, Mechanical Engineering, Plant Biology, Sport Science, Exercise and Health, Water Research, Forensic Science, Microscopy, Characterisation and Analysis, International Centre for Radio Astronomy, The UWA Oceans Institute, Agriculture and Resource Economics, Anatomy and Human Biology
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- Research Institution, Other Institution
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Candidate, Operando X Ray Scattering, In Collaboration With Esrf Grenoble, Leiden University, Netherlands, 26 days ago
The Faculty of Science and Leiden Institute of Chemistry is looking for a: PhD candidate, Operando X-ray scattering, in collaboration with ESRF Grenoble (fulltime) Vacancy number: 16-267 Commissio...
Ph D Candidate In Protein Biochemistry, Leiden University, Netherlands, 25 days ago
The Faculty of Science and the Leiden Institute of Chemistry are looking for a: PhD candidate in Protein Biochemistry (fulltime) Vacancy number: 16-268 From an evolutionary viewpoint it is importa...
Ph D Position In Ice Binding Protein Polymers, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, 13 days ago
The PhD position in ‘ice-binding protein polymers’ is part of a collaborative project between Eindhoven University of Technology and Wageningen Food & Biobased Research. During the first two years...
Ph D Ice Binding Protein Polymers, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, 13 days ago
We are looking for a PhD Ice-binding protein polymers. You will be working in Wageningen Food & Biobased Research (primarily in the first two years) and Eindhoven University of Technology (primari...
Ph D Position In Computational Catalysis, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, 6 days ago
Departments Department of Chemical Engineering and Chemistry Reference number V37.2702 Job description Schuit Institute of Catalysis, Department of Chemical Engineering and Chemistry. We have open...
Ph D In "Decision Making In The Software Design Process", Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 17 days ago
Job posted by AcademicTransfer (09/09/2016 00.30) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researc...