- CSIRO Vacation Scholarships
Run over the summer holidays, CSIRO's vacation scholarships scheme offers undergraduate students the opportunity of collaborating with CSIRO scientists. Each year around 200 university students spend their summer holidays working with CSIRO. Vacation scholars can go on to do further work with CSIRO. Some have been offered the opportunity of doing their honours or PhD projects jointly with us, others have been offered paid employment. Indeed, several Chiefs of CSIRO Divisions can trace their history with the Organisation back to a summer vacation scholarship.
It varies from year to year, but around half our Divisions offer vacation scholarships.
Participating Divisions include:
- Astronomy and Space Science
- Energy Technology
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) Centre
- Livestock Industries
- Materials Science and Engineering (CMSE)
- Mathematics Informatics and Statistics (CMIS)
- Plant Industry.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend, Operating Allowance and Travel Grant
- Please see conditions
- Value unit
- Per fortnight
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See Further Information
- Study area
- Animal Biology, Biomedical, Biomolecular and Chemical Sciences, Civil and Resource Engineering, Computer Science and Software Engineering, Earth and Environment, Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering, Environmental Systems Engineering, Humanities, Mathematics and Statistics, Mechanical Engineering, Plant Biology, Sport Science, Exercise and Health, Water Research, Forensic Science, Microscopy, Characterisation and Analysis, International Centre for Radio Astronomy, The UWA Oceans Institute, Agriculture and Resource Economics, Anatomy and Human Biology
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- Research Institution, Other Institution
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Position Plant Ecophysiology 2 (1,0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, 5 days ago
PhD position Plant Ecophysiology 2 (1,0 FTE) Functie The successful applicant will work as a PhD student on a STW- funded project entitled ‘Towards sustainable weed management solutions for the ...
Ph D Position Plant Ecophysiology 1 (1,0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, 4 days ago
PhD position Plant Ecophysiology 1 (1,0 FTE) Functie The successful applicant will work as a PhD student on a STW-(www.stw.nl ) funded project entitled ‘Towards sustainable weed management solutio...
Ph D Position In Engineering And Technology, University of Tartu, Estonia, 23 days ago
Job posted by University of Tartu (06/05/2016 10.10) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Rese...
Ph D Position On Opti Light Exploitation Of Data Analytics, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, 11 days ago
Applications are invited for this PhD position of the Eindhoven University of Technology, the Netherlands, in collaboration with the Intelligent Lighting Institute. Departments Department of the B...
Ph D Position At The University Of Turin, Italy, University of Turin-Plant Physiology DBIOS, Italy, 13 days ago
Job posted by University of Turin-Plant Physiology DBIOS (16/05/2016 10.57) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Ch...
Ph D Scholarship In Omics Guided Discovery And Characterisation Of Enzymes Involved In Utilisation Of Xyloglucans, Mannans, And Mannooligosaccharides By Probiotic And Commensal Bacteria, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 19 days ago
Apply no later than 30 May 2016 Apply for the job at DTU Systems Biology by completing the following form. Apply online PhD position is available with the Enzyme and Protein Chemistry group at the...