- CSIRO Vacation Scholarships
Run over the summer holidays, CSIRO's vacation scholarships scheme offers undergraduate students the opportunity of collaborating with CSIRO scientists. Each year around 200 university students spend their summer holidays working with CSIRO. Vacation scholars can go on to do further work with CSIRO. Some have been offered the opportunity of doing their honours or PhD projects jointly with us, others have been offered paid employment. Indeed, several Chiefs of CSIRO Divisions can trace their history with the Organisation back to a summer vacation scholarship.
It varies from year to year, but around half our Divisions offer vacation scholarships.
Participating Divisions include:
- Astronomy and Space Science
- Energy Technology
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) Centre
- Livestock Industries
- Materials Science and Engineering (CMSE)
- Mathematics Informatics and Statistics (CMIS)
- Plant Industry.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend, Operating Allowance and Travel Grant
- Please see conditions
- Value unit
- Per fortnight
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See Further Information
- Study area
- Animal Biology, Biomedical, Biomolecular and Chemical Sciences, Civil and Resource Engineering, Computer Science and Software Engineering, Earth and Environment, Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering, Environmental Systems Engineering, Humanities, Mathematics and Statistics, Mechanical Engineering, Plant Biology, Sport Science, Exercise and Health, Water Research, Forensic Science, Microscopy, Characterisation and Analysis, International Centre for Radio Astronomy, The UWA Oceans Institute, Agriculture and Resource Economics, Anatomy and Human Biology
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- Research Institution, Other Institution
- Currently available
- Application status
Two Ph D Positions In Synthetic Organic/ Polymer Chemistry For Development Of Polymeric Nanostructured Sorbents For Application In A Wearable Artificial Kidney Device (2 X 1,0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, 7 days ago
Two PhD positions in synthetic organic/ polymer chemistry for development of polymeric nanostructured sorbents for application in a wearable artificial kidney device (2 x 1,0 FTE) Functie The aim ...
Ph D Scholarship In Cochlear Implant Research, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 27 days ago
Apply no later than 3 August 2015 Apply for the job at DTU Electrical Eng by completing the following form. Apply online We invite highly motivated and talented candidates to apply for a PhD schol...
Four Ph D Scholarships Within Organic Chemistry, Blood Brain Barrier Targeting, Cell Cancer Therapy And Immunotherapy With Focus On Development Of Drug Delivery Systems, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 17 days ago
Apply no later than 6 August 2015 Apply for the job at DTU Nanotech by completing the following form. Apply online DTU Nanotech (Department of Micro- and Naotechnology), is an international resear...
Fully Funded Ph D Position At Dtu In Visual Communication Design For Decision Making During Emergency Situations, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 17 days ago
Apply no later than 18 September 2015 Apply for the job at DTU Management Engineering by completing the following form. Apply online DTU Management Engineering offers a 3-year fully funded PhD fel...
Ph D: Biophysics Of Eukaryotic Replication, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 2 days ago
PhD: Biophysics of Eukaryotic Replication Department/faculty: Applied Sciences Level: Master degree Working hours: 38 hours per week Contract: 4 years Salary: €2125 to €2717 Applied Sciences The F...
Ph D Position Assistant Computational Scientist, VIB, Belgium, 13 days ago
Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and ...