- CSIRO Vacation Scholarships
Run over the summer holidays, CSIRO's vacation scholarships scheme offers undergraduate students the opportunity of collaborating with CSIRO scientists. Each year around 200 university students spend their summer holidays working with CSIRO. Vacation scholars can go on to do further work with CSIRO. Some have been offered the opportunity of doing their honours or PhD projects jointly with us, others have been offered paid employment. Indeed, several Chiefs of CSIRO Divisions can trace their history with the Organisation back to a summer vacation scholarship.
It varies from year to year, but around half our Divisions offer vacation scholarships.
Participating Divisions include:
- Astronomy and Space Science
- Energy Technology
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) Centre
- Livestock Industries
- Materials Science and Engineering (CMSE)
- Mathematics Informatics and Statistics (CMIS)
- Plant Industry.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend, Operating Allowance and Travel Grant
- Please see conditions
- Value unit
- Per fortnight
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See Further Information
- Study area
- Animal Biology, Biomedical, Biomolecular and Chemical Sciences, Civil and Resource Engineering, Computer Science and Software Engineering, Earth and Environment, Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering, Environmental Systems Engineering, Humanities, Mathematics and Statistics, Mechanical Engineering, Plant Biology, Sport Science, Exercise and Health, Water Research, Forensic Science, Microscopy, Characterisation and Analysis, International Centre for Radio Astronomy, The UWA Oceans Institute, Agriculture and Resource Economics, Anatomy and Human Biology
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- Research Institution, Other Institution
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Researcher To Study Variability In Atmospheric Composition Using A Combination Of Modelling And Satellite Observations, Utrecht University, Netherlands, 20 days ago
PhD researcher to study variability in atmospheric composition using a combination of modelling and satellite observations Functie Droughts are expected to occur more frequently in the future, due...
New Zealand Seafood Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 6 days ago
Application form availablehere . Full regulations can be downloaded here . (Requires Acrobat Reader ) History or background of award Launched in 2014, the New Zealand Seafood Scholarships are fund...
Ph D Positions At Graduate School Of Science And Technology, Aarhus University, Denmark, 23 days ago
Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and ...
Ph D Scholarship In High Performance Machine Learning Methods Applied Within Immunological Bioinformatics, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 19 days ago
Apply no later than 24 October 2014 Apply for the job at DTU Systems Biology by completing the following form. Apply online Deep learning and deep neural network architectures have during recent y...
Ph D Position Marine Mammal Ecological And Evolutionary Genomics (1.0 Fte), University of Groningen, United States, 29 days ago
Organisation The Marine Evolution and Conservation (MarECon) group at the Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Studies (CEES) has a vacancy for a (funded) PhD position. CEES is placed within the...
Ph D Scholarship In Identification Of Extracellular Matrix Irritants That May Serve As Novel And Specific Biomarkers In Osteoarthritis, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 26 days ago
Apply no later than 17 October 2014 Apply for the job at DTU Systems Biology by completing the following form. Apply online DTU Systems Biology is seeking a PhD student in collaboration with Nordi...