- CSIRO Vacation Scholarships
Run over the summer holidays, CSIRO's vacation scholarships scheme offers undergraduate students the opportunity of collaborating with CSIRO scientists. Each year around 200 university students spend their summer holidays working with CSIRO. Vacation scholars can go on to do further work with CSIRO. Some have been offered the opportunity of doing their honours or PhD projects jointly with us, others have been offered paid employment. Indeed, several Chiefs of CSIRO Divisions can trace their history with the Organisation back to a summer vacation scholarship.
It varies from year to year, but around half our Divisions offer vacation scholarships.
Participating Divisions include:
- Astronomy and Space Science
- Energy Technology
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) Centre
- Livestock Industries
- Materials Science and Engineering (CMSE)
- Mathematics Informatics and Statistics (CMIS)
- Plant Industry.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend, Operating Allowance and Travel Grant
- Please see conditions
- Value unit
- Per fortnight
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See Further Information
- Study area
- Animal Biology, Biomedical, Biomolecular and Chemical Sciences, Civil and Resource Engineering, Computer Science and Software Engineering, Earth and Environment, Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering, Environmental Systems Engineering, Humanities, Mathematics and Statistics, Mechanical Engineering, Plant Biology, Sport Science, Exercise and Health, Water Research, Forensic Science, Microscopy, Characterisation and Analysis, International Centre for Radio Astronomy, The UWA Oceans Institute, Agriculture and Resource Economics, Anatomy and Human Biology
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- Research Institution, Other Institution
- Currently available
- Application status
Csiro Postgraduate Scholarships, University of South Australia, Australia, 30 days ago
Student opportunities in plant science CSIRO Plant Industry offers a range of opportunities for students interested in the plant sciences including summer studentship, honours projects and PhDs. F...
Australian Grape And Wine Authority Scholarships, University of South Australia, Australia, 30 days ago
Flagship Postgraduate Scholarships: applications are not currently open. National Research Flagships offer Postgraduate Scholarships to high quality students to work on a project relevant to Flags...
Csiro Postgraduate Scholarships, University of the Sunshine Coast, Australia, 23 days ago
Opportunities are available throughout the year. Check the website for details. CSIRO offers full and top-up three year postgraduate scholarships to high quality students who are enrolled in a PhD...
Csiro Flagship Postgraduate Scholarships, University of the Sunshine Coast, Australia, 23 days ago
Opportunity closed 15 November 2013. Information on future rounds will be provided when available. The Flagships offer full and top-up Flagship Postgraduate Scholarships to high quality students w...
Ph D Scholarship Plant Pests Ecology (Modeling), Bioforsk, Norway, 20 days ago
Job posted by Bioforsk (09/01/2015 12.43) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researchers. Mo...
Nicta Supplementary Scholarship, Australian National University, Australia, 30 days ago
Overview These scholarships are funded by the National ICT Australia (NICTA) centre of excellence for PhD study in a NICTA Research Program: Vision Science, Technology & Applications; Knowledge Re...