- CSIRO Vacation Scholarships
Run over the summer holidays, CSIRO's vacation scholarships scheme offers undergraduate students the opportunity of collaborating with CSIRO scientists. Each year around 200 university students spend their summer holidays working with CSIRO. Vacation scholars can go on to do further work with CSIRO. Some have been offered the opportunity of doing their honours or PhD projects jointly with us, others have been offered paid employment. Indeed, several Chiefs of CSIRO Divisions can trace their history with the Organisation back to a summer vacation scholarship.
It varies from year to year, but around half our Divisions offer vacation scholarships.
Participating Divisions include:
- Astronomy and Space Science
- Energy Technology
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) Centre
- Livestock Industries
- Materials Science and Engineering (CMSE)
- Mathematics Informatics and Statistics (CMIS)
- Plant Industry.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend, Operating Allowance and Travel Grant
- Please see conditions
- Value unit
- Per fortnight
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See Further Information
- Study area
- Animal Biology, Biomedical, Biomolecular and Chemical Sciences, Civil and Resource Engineering, Computer Science and Software Engineering, Earth and Environment, Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering, Environmental Systems Engineering, Humanities, Mathematics and Statistics, Mechanical Engineering, Plant Biology, Sport Science, Exercise and Health, Water Research, Forensic Science, Microscopy, Characterisation and Analysis, International Centre for Radio Astronomy, The UWA Oceans Institute, Agriculture and Resource Economics, Anatomy and Human Biology
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- Research Institution, Other Institution
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Scholarship, The University of Queensland, Australia, 5 days ago
Apply now Job no:498929 Area:Faculty Of Engineering, Architecture & Info Tech Salary (FTE):Advertised at multiple classifications Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia, Brisbane The...
Ph D Positions At The International Max Planck Research School For Quantum Science And Technology, International Max Planck Research School for Quantum Science and Technology, Germany, 29 days ago
Job posted by International Max Planck Research School for Quantum Science and Technology (04/04/2016 15.52) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions acti...
Hydrogen And Fuel Cell 4 Year Ph D Studentships, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
ReferenceENG997Closing DateTuesday, 7th June 2016DepartmentEngineering The Fuel Cell and their Fuels Centre for Doctoral Training are recruiting for projects at the University of Nottingham invest...
Ph D Position In Enzymatic Lignin Biorefining, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 12 days ago
Apply no later than 5 May 2016 Apply for the job at DTU Chemical Eng. by completing the following form. Apply online A PhD position within our research efforts on enzymatic upgrading of lignocellu...
Two Ph D Scholarships Automation & Control, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 28 days ago
Apply no later than 1 May 2016 Apply for the job at DTU Electrical Eng by completing the following form. Apply online DTU Electrical Engineering seeks qualified candidates for two PhD positions. C...
Ph D Positions In Mechanical Engineering, Politecnico di Milano, Italy, 12 days ago
Job posted by Academic Positions (21/04/2016 16.24) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Resea...