- CSIRO Vacation Scholarships
Run over the summer holidays, CSIRO's vacation scholarships scheme offers undergraduate students the opportunity of collaborating with CSIRO scientists. Each year around 200 university students spend their summer holidays working with CSIRO. Vacation scholars can go on to do further work with CSIRO. Some have been offered the opportunity of doing their honours or PhD projects jointly with us, others have been offered paid employment. Indeed, several Chiefs of CSIRO Divisions can trace their history with the Organisation back to a summer vacation scholarship.
It varies from year to year, but around half our Divisions offer vacation scholarships.
Participating Divisions include:
- Astronomy and Space Science
- Energy Technology
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) Centre
- Livestock Industries
- Materials Science and Engineering (CMSE)
- Mathematics Informatics and Statistics (CMIS)
- Plant Industry.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend, Operating Allowance and Travel Grant
- Please see conditions
- Value unit
- Per fortnight
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See Further Information
- Study area
- Animal Biology, Biomedical, Biomolecular and Chemical Sciences, Civil and Resource Engineering, Computer Science and Software Engineering, Earth and Environment, Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering, Environmental Systems Engineering, Humanities, Mathematics and Statistics, Mechanical Engineering, Plant Biology, Sport Science, Exercise and Health, Water Research, Forensic Science, Microscopy, Characterisation and Analysis, International Centre for Radio Astronomy, The UWA Oceans Institute, Agriculture and Resource Economics, Anatomy and Human Biology
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- Research Institution, Other Institution
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Scholarship In Engineering Of Yeast Cell Factories For Biorefineries, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 18 days ago
Apply no later than 30 November 2016 Apply for the job at Center for Biosustainability by completing the following form. Apply online Applications are invited for a 3-year PhD fellowship in the f...
Department Chair Position, California State University, Chico, United States, 18 days ago
Recruitment Number FA0085 Posting Period Review of applications will begin on February 1, 2017. Complete applicaitons received after that date may be considered. Working Title Department Chair Pos...
Studentship For A 4 Year Interdisciplinary Ph D Programme In Molecules, Cells And Organisms, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, 30 days ago
ReferenceSCI1664Closing DateMonday, 12th December 2016DepartmentBBSRC DTP Studentships University of Nottingham & Rothamsted Research BBSRC Doctoral Training Partnership Studentships available for...
Alumnae/I Summer Funding Coordinator, Bryn Mawr College, United States, 15 days ago
Alumnae/i Summer Funding Coordinator - Part Time 1 year position, 0.5 FTE POSITION OBJECTIVE: This position is responsible for assisting in the development, execution, and evaluation of opport...
Ph D Responsible Value Propositions For Sustainable Health/Energy Solutions, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, 5 days ago
Fully-funded 4-year PhD position on "Who and what is on board? Developing responsible value propositions for sustainable health/energy solutions " The PhD position is interdisciplinary with a shar...
Ph D Candidate, 1 Fte, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, 11 days ago
Vacancy for a PhD candidate for the research project "The Drivers of Organizational Resilience: Towards a Blueprint for Sustainable Organizing" Departments Department of Industrial Engineering & I...