- CSIRO Vacation Scholarships
Run over the summer holidays, CSIRO's vacation scholarships scheme offers undergraduate students the opportunity of collaborating with CSIRO scientists. Each year around 200 university students spend their summer holidays working with CSIRO. Vacation scholars can go on to do further work with CSIRO. Some have been offered the opportunity of doing their honours or PhD projects jointly with us, others have been offered paid employment. Indeed, several Chiefs of CSIRO Divisions can trace their history with the Organisation back to a summer vacation scholarship.
It varies from year to year, but around half our Divisions offer vacation scholarships.
Participating Divisions include:
- Astronomy and Space Science
- Energy Technology
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) Centre
- Livestock Industries
- Materials Science and Engineering (CMSE)
- Mathematics Informatics and Statistics (CMIS)
- Plant Industry.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend, Operating Allowance and Travel Grant
- Please see conditions
- Value unit
- Per fortnight
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See Further Information
- Study area
- Animal Biology, Biomedical, Biomolecular and Chemical Sciences, Civil and Resource Engineering, Computer Science and Software Engineering, Earth and Environment, Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering, Environmental Systems Engineering, Humanities, Mathematics and Statistics, Mechanical Engineering, Plant Biology, Sport Science, Exercise and Health, Water Research, Forensic Science, Microscopy, Characterisation and Analysis, International Centre for Radio Astronomy, The UWA Oceans Institute, Agriculture and Resource Economics, Anatomy and Human Biology
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- Research Institution, Other Institution
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Student In Scientific Computing, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 5 hours ago
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science has a vacancy for a PhD student in the section CASA - the Center for Analysis, Scientific Computing, and Applications. Departments Department of ...
Ph D On Modulation And Multiplexing Techniques, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 5 hours ago
Departments Department of Electrical Engineering Reference number V36.2926 Job description PhD on Modulation and Multiplexing Techniques for Converged optical fiber and mm wave communications in 5...
Fully Funded Ph D Position In Vision Based Detection Of Human Interactions (1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, about 19 hours ago
Fully funded PhD position in Vision-Based Detection of Human Interactions (1.0 FTE) Functie A fully funded PhD position (0.8-1.0 FTE, 5-4 years) is available at Utrecht University, focusing on the...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Contaminant Hydrology, University of Sydney, Australia, about 7 hours ago
Funding Body: School of Civil Engineering Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Contaminant Hydrology Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: The proposed proje...
Ph D Scholarships In Cell Factory Development, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 1 day ago
Apply no later than 31 May 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Bioengineering by completing the following form. Apply online Three PhD positions are available in the Eukaryotic Molecular Cell Biology Gr...
Ph D Position Cell Biology (1,0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, about 19 hours ago
PhD position Cell Biology (1,0 fte) Functie The project is part of the ZonMW TOP-grant “Early developmental processes underlying sensory deficits in neurodevelopmental disorders”. The aim of this ...