- CSIRO Vacation Scholarships
Run over the summer holidays, CSIRO's vacation scholarships scheme offers undergraduate students the opportunity of collaborating with CSIRO scientists. Each year around 200 university students spend their summer holidays working with CSIRO. Vacation scholars can go on to do further work with CSIRO. Some have been offered the opportunity of doing their honours or PhD projects jointly with us, others have been offered paid employment. Indeed, several Chiefs of CSIRO Divisions can trace their history with the Organisation back to a summer vacation scholarship.
It varies from year to year, but around half our Divisions offer vacation scholarships.
Participating Divisions include:
- Astronomy and Space Science
- Energy Technology
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) Centre
- Livestock Industries
- Materials Science and Engineering (CMSE)
- Mathematics Informatics and Statistics (CMIS)
- Plant Industry.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend, Operating Allowance and Travel Grant
- Please see conditions
- Value unit
- Per fortnight
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See Further Information
- Study area
- Animal Biology, Biomedical, Biomolecular and Chemical Sciences, Civil and Resource Engineering, Computer Science and Software Engineering, Earth and Environment, Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering, Environmental Systems Engineering, Humanities, Mathematics and Statistics, Mechanical Engineering, Plant Biology, Sport Science, Exercise and Health, Water Research, Forensic Science, Microscopy, Characterisation and Analysis, International Centre for Radio Astronomy, The UWA Oceans Institute, Agriculture and Resource Economics, Anatomy and Human Biology
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- Research Institution, Other Institution
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D: Deciphering Regulatory Interactions Underlying Repetitive Lateral Root Formation (1,0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, 4 days ago
PhD: Deciphering regulatory interactions underlying repetitive lateral root formation (1,0 FTE) Functie The root system of a plant is crucial for its survival and yield, as it ensures anchorage to...
Ph D Position Three Dimensional Models And Manipulation (1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, 16 days ago
PhD position Three-Dimensional Models and Manipulation (1.0 FTE) Functie Interaction of the user with the environment is common to most games and virtual worlds applications. Often the interaction...
Ph D Scholarships In Yeast Strain And Process Development, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 1 month ago
Job posted by Danmarks Tekniske Universitet (04/06/2015 14.47) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Cod...
Two Ph D Scholarships In Cho Systems Biotechnology, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 25 days ago
Apply no later than 29 June 2015 Apply for the job at Center for Biosustainability by completing the following form. Apply online As part of the European Commission funded Marie Sklodowska-Curie ...
Ph D Scholarship In Plant Molecular Biology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 12 days ago
A 3-year PhD scholarship jointly funded by the Dept. of Biology and the Danish Research Council for Technology & Product is available in the section for Functional Genomics of the Dept. of Biology...
Ph D Scholarship In Evolution Of Secondary Metabolite Gene Clusters In Filamentous Fungi, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 16 days ago
Apply no later than 2 August 2015 Apply for the job at DTU Systems Biology by completing the following form. Apply online The section for Eukaryotic Biotechnology, Department of Systems Biology, T...