- CSIRO Vacation Scholarships
Run over the summer holidays, CSIRO's vacation scholarships scheme offers undergraduate students the opportunity of collaborating with CSIRO scientists. Each year around 200 university students spend their summer holidays working with CSIRO. Vacation scholars can go on to do further work with CSIRO. Some have been offered the opportunity of doing their honours or PhD projects jointly with us, others have been offered paid employment. Indeed, several Chiefs of CSIRO Divisions can trace their history with the Organisation back to a summer vacation scholarship.
It varies from year to year, but around half our Divisions offer vacation scholarships.
Participating Divisions include:
- Astronomy and Space Science
- Energy Technology
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) Centre
- Livestock Industries
- Materials Science and Engineering (CMSE)
- Mathematics Informatics and Statistics (CMIS)
- Plant Industry.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend, Operating Allowance and Travel Grant
- Please see conditions
- Value unit
- Per fortnight
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See Further Information
- Study area
- Animal Biology, Biomedical, Biomolecular and Chemical Sciences, Civil and Resource Engineering, Computer Science and Software Engineering, Earth and Environment, Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering, Environmental Systems Engineering, Humanities, Mathematics and Statistics, Mechanical Engineering, Plant Biology, Sport Science, Exercise and Health, Water Research, Forensic Science, Microscopy, Characterisation and Analysis, International Centre for Radio Astronomy, The UWA Oceans Institute, Agriculture and Resource Economics, Anatomy and Human Biology
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- Research Institution, Other Institution
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Positions In Development Of Novel Polymer Imaging Agents, The University of Queensland, Australia, 14 days ago
Australian Institute for Bioengineering and Nanotechnology The University of Queensland's Australian Institute for Bioengineering and Nanotechnology (AIBN) is an integrated multi-disciplinary rese...
7 Ph D Scholarships Within Computer Science, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 28 days ago
The Department of Computer Science, University of Copenhagen, Denmark (DIKU) encourages highly qualified and motivated candidates to apply for one or more PhD scholarships. We have a total of 7 Ph...
Ph D Position 'prediction Of Candidate Genes For Traits Using Interoperable Annotations And Literature', Wageningen University and Research Center, Netherlands, 16 days ago
We are looking for The PhD project 'Prediction of Candidate genes for Traits using interoperable genome annotations and literature' aims at solving important questions in crop species: which gene ...
Ph D Positions For Studies On The Synthesis, Characterization And Performance Of Heterogeneous Catalysts Using A.O. Advanced Electron Microscopy (1,0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, 5 days ago
PhD positions for studies on the synthesis, characterization and performance of Heterogeneous Catalysts using a.o. Advanced Electron Microscopy (1,0 fte) Functie Designing more efficient and cheap...
Ph D Scholarship In Energy System Analysis In Modelling, Transport Fuels And Future Scenarios For The Danish Energy System, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 14 days ago
Apply no later than 15 March 2015 Apply for the job at DTU Management Engineering by completing the following form. Apply online The Systems Analysis Division at DTU Management Engineering has a v...
2 Ph D Positions, Utrecht University, Netherlands, 13 days ago
2 PhD positions Functie The Division of Educational Sciences of the Department of Pedagogical and Educational Sciences of the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences of Utrecht University has f...