- CSIRO Vacation Scholarships
Run over the summer holidays, CSIRO's vacation scholarships scheme offers undergraduate students the opportunity of collaborating with CSIRO scientists. Each year around 200 university students spend their summer holidays working with CSIRO. Vacation scholars can go on to do further work with CSIRO. Some have been offered the opportunity of doing their honours or PhD projects jointly with us, others have been offered paid employment. Indeed, several Chiefs of CSIRO Divisions can trace their history with the Organisation back to a summer vacation scholarship.
It varies from year to year, but around half our Divisions offer vacation scholarships.
Participating Divisions include:
- Astronomy and Space Science
- Energy Technology
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) Centre
- Livestock Industries
- Materials Science and Engineering (CMSE)
- Mathematics Informatics and Statistics (CMIS)
- Plant Industry.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend, Operating Allowance and Travel Grant
- Please see conditions
- Value unit
- Per fortnight
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See Further Information
- Study area
- Animal Biology, Biomedical, Biomolecular and Chemical Sciences, Civil and Resource Engineering, Computer Science and Software Engineering, Earth and Environment, Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering, Environmental Systems Engineering, Humanities, Mathematics and Statistics, Mechanical Engineering, Plant Biology, Sport Science, Exercise and Health, Water Research, Forensic Science, Microscopy, Characterisation and Analysis, International Centre for Radio Astronomy, The UWA Oceans Institute, Agriculture and Resource Economics, Anatomy and Human Biology
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- Research Institution, Other Institution
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Candidate In Electro Catalysis, Leiden University, Netherlands, about 10 hours ago
Leiden University, the Faculty of Science, Leiden Institute of Chemistry, is looking for a PhD candidate in Electro catalysis (2 positions, 1.0 FTE) Vacancy number 17-301 Two PhD positions are ava...
Ph D Researcher Polymer Mechanochemistry, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 1 hour ago
Departments Department of Chemical Engineering and Chemistry Reference number V37.2987 Job description Probing mechanical forces in polymeric materials and hydrogels is of high importance to obtai...
Phd Candidate, Correct Parallel Algorithms, Leiden University, Netherlands, about 10 hours ago
The Faculty of Science and Leiden Institute for Advanced Computer Science is looking for a PHD candidate, Correct Parallel Algorithms (1.0 FTE) Vacancy number 17-311 This project aims at creating ...
Ph D Project/Scholarship, The University of Queensland, Australia, 15 days ago
Apply now Job no:500860 Area:Faculty Of Engineering, Architecture & Info Tech Salary (FTE):APA Scholarship NON-BANDED ($26,682.00 - $26,682.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia...
Ph D Project/Scholarship, The University of Queensland, Australia, 18 days ago
Apply now Job no:500841 Area:Faculty Of Engineering, Architecture & Info Tech Salary (FTE):APA Scholarship NON-BANDED ($26,682.00 - $26,682.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia...
Ph D Researcher Probing Damage In Polymer Composites With Mechanofluorescence, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 1 hour ago
Departments Department of Chemical Engineering and Chemistry Reference number V37.2989 Job description The mechanical properties of polymers are greatly improved when they are filled with nanopart...