- CSIRO Vacation Scholarships
Run over the summer holidays, CSIRO's vacation scholarships scheme offers undergraduate students the opportunity of collaborating with CSIRO scientists. Each year around 200 university students spend their summer holidays working with CSIRO. Vacation scholars can go on to do further work with CSIRO. Some have been offered the opportunity of doing their honours or PhD projects jointly with us, others have been offered paid employment. Indeed, several Chiefs of CSIRO Divisions can trace their history with the Organisation back to a summer vacation scholarship.
It varies from year to year, but around half our Divisions offer vacation scholarships.
Participating Divisions include:
- Astronomy and Space Science
- Energy Technology
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) Centre
- Livestock Industries
- Materials Science and Engineering (CMSE)
- Mathematics Informatics and Statistics (CMIS)
- Plant Industry.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend, Operating Allowance and Travel Grant
- Please see conditions
- Value unit
- Per fortnight
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See Further Information
- Study area
- Animal Biology, Biomedical, Biomolecular and Chemical Sciences, Civil and Resource Engineering, Computer Science and Software Engineering, Earth and Environment, Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering, Environmental Systems Engineering, Humanities, Mathematics and Statistics, Mechanical Engineering, Plant Biology, Sport Science, Exercise and Health, Water Research, Forensic Science, Microscopy, Characterisation and Analysis, International Centre for Radio Astronomy, The UWA Oceans Institute, Agriculture and Resource Economics, Anatomy and Human Biology
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- Research Institution, Other Institution
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Candidate, Operando X Ray Scattering, In Collaboration With Esrf Grenoble, Leiden University, Netherlands, about 20 hours ago
The Faculty of Science and Leiden Institute of Chemistry is looking for a: PhD candidate, Operando X-ray scattering, in collaboration with ESRF Grenoble (fulltime) Vacancy number: 16-267 Commissio...
Ph D Position In Situ Transmission Electron Microscopy (1,0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, 10 days ago
PhD position In-Situ Transmission Electron Microscopy (1,0 FTE) Functie We are looking for a PhD student for the recently awarded ERC Consolidator Grant program Nanoscale Chemical Reactions Studie...
Phd Candidate, Degradome Analysis Of Toxoid Vaccines, Leiden University, Netherlands, 26 days ago
The Faculty of Science and the LACDR is looking for a: PHD candidate, Degradome analysis of toxoid vaccines (1.0 fte) Vacancy number: 16-250 Vaccine quality control still relies heavily on animal ...
Kseta Ph D Positions, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany, 27 days ago
Job posted by Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (05/08/2016 10.44) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and...
Ph D Studentship Developing Technologies To Combat Bacterial Biofilms Epsrc Cdt In Sustainable Chemistry 4 Years Ph D Studentship, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
ReferenceSCI1645Closing DateMonday, 5th September 2016DepartmentChemistry A fully funded PhD studentship (50% funded by Industry, 50% by EPSRC) is available for October 2016 at the School of Chemi...
Ph D Position In The Nwo Rate Analytics Project, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 27 days ago
Job posted by AcademicTransfer (05/08/2016 00.30) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researc...