Csiro Flagship Postgraduate Scholarship Program, University Of Western Australia (Uwa)
- CSIRO Flagship Postgraduate Scholarship Program
The Flagships offer full and top-up Flagship Postgraduate Scholarships to high quality students who are enrolled in a PhD at an Australian university, and who will be working on a project which is directly relevant to a Flagship.
Top-up scholarships will be the norm. Valued at A$7 000 per annum, they are available to PhD students who have gained (or expect to gain) an Australian Postgraduate Award (APA) or equivalent scholarship.
In some circumstances full scholarships will be available. These offer a stipend of the equivalent of an APA plus CSIRO's top-up amount of A$7 000 per annum for three years.
- Energy Transformed Flagship
- Preventative Health Flagship
- Food Futures Flagship
- Water for a Healthy Country Flagship
- Light Metals Flagship
- Wealth from Oceans Flagship
- Climate Adaptation Flagship
- Minerals Down Under Flagship
- Future Manufacturing Flagship
- Sustainable Agriculture Flagship
Prospective applicants should contact the relevant Flagship to discuss their proposals prior to the submission of any application for funding.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend plus Allowances
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
Applications for Flagship postgraduate scholarships will only be accepted from full-time students enrolled in an eligible Australian Higher Education Institution1 during the term of the award. While the normal expectation is that scholarships will be full time, they may be converted from full time to part time where both the university and CSIRO supervisors agree that there are compelling reasons for this and the APA, if any, is also converted to part time.
For the year the scholarship is to begin, students must have, or expect to gain, first class honours or equivalent in relevant research areas. If applying for the top-up scholarship, they must also expect to receive an Australian Postgraduate Award (APA) or equivalent scholarship commencing in that year. If applying for the full scholarship, a student cannot receive both an APA/equivalent and a CSIRO scholarship.
International students are eligible to apply for Flagship scholarships but they must be able to show evidence of admission to an Australian university, as well as evidence that either their living costs or international student tuition fees are being covered by another scholarship (such as a university scholarship) or from private funds.
Joint supervision of students by a university and a CSIRO supervisor is required, and such joint supervisory arrangements must be consistent with the Higher Degree by Research Regulations of the host university. In most cases the primary supervisor will be the university supervisor.
- Study area
- Animal Biology, Architecture, Landscape and Visual Arts, Biomedical, Biomolecular and Chemical Sciences, Business School, Civil and Resource Engineering, Computer Science and Software Engineering, Earth and Environment, Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering, Environmental Systems Engineering, Mathematics and Statistics, Mechanical Engineering, Medicine and Pharmacology, Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Paediatrics and Child Health, Plant Biology, Population Health, Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, Psychology, Social and Cultural Studies, Sport Science, Exercise and Health, Surgery, Water Research, The UWA Oceans Institute, Agriculture and Resource Economics, Anatomy and Human Biology
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- Australian University
- Currently available
- Application status
View or Apply
The University of Western Australia -AustraliaThe Flagships offer full and top-up Flagship Postgraduate Scholarships to high quality students who are enrolled in a PhD at an Australian university, and who will be working on a project which is directly
The University of Western Australia -AustraliaThe CSIRO Flagship Postgraduate scholarships: National Research Flagships offer Postgraduate Scholarships to high quality students to work on a project relevant to national priorities. The CSIRO OCE
University of Technology Sydney -AustraliaNational Research Flagships offer Postgraduate Scholarships to high quality students to work on a project relevant to Flagship research. Value and duration Valued at a maximum of $7,000 per annum. Who