Cooper Reeves is a professional Brisbane accounting firm which has been providing business consulting, accounting and financial planning services since 1988.
With five experienced Directors supported by a team of qualified professionals, Cooper Reeves offers value added advice and service to a predominantly corporate client base. As successful business owners, our clients represent a diverse range of industries and operate across local, national and international markets.
There is one (1) Cooper Reeves Bachelor of Commerce (Professional majoring in Accounting) Scholarship available for applicants commencing first year of a Bachelor of Commerce (Professional majoring in Accounting) degree in 2012. The scholarship is for the duration of one (1) year and is valued at $2000.
The Scholarship funds will be divided into trimester payments of $667 (these payments will be credited into your nominated bank account after each trimester census date).
Students must be able to demonstrate academic propensity through an exceptional performance in prior learning (school, TAFE or other higher education) and demonstrate a strong interest in Accounting.
Applicants will need to demonstrate leadership abilities or the potential for outstanding leadership through such activities as community service and be available for interview by the Selection Committee.
It is the expectation that the successful applicant must also maintain a minimum GPA of 5.0 for the duration of the program. The School and the firm reserve the right to revoke the scholarship in the event the candidate does not maintain the minimum GPA requirement.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity of entering into an internship (subject to the agreement of both parties) with Cooper Reeves. Such an approach provides an excellent opportunity to develop a fully rounded skill set in a relevant firm, and increase the market attractiveness of the individual concerned.
Programs of study
Bachelor of Commerce (Professional) 
Applicants must have met relevant School or Faculty entry requirements for admission to a Bachelor of Commerce (Professional majoring in Accounting) program on a full-time basis.
Value and conditions
|Payment type||Total value||Frequency of payments|
|Cash component as outlined on the application form.||$2000||$667 paid each trimester after census date|
Number of scholarships available
One scholarship is available.
Selection and eligibility criteria
To be eligible for the scholarship a candidate must:
- Be able to apply through QTAC (Australian Resident/Permanent Resident) with the BCom (Prof Majoring in Accounting) as the first preference.
- Be eligible for entry into and accept a place in the Bachelor of Commerce (Professional majoring in Accounting). The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and expressed interest in the field of study.
Selection will be based on the following criteria
- Be able to apply through QTAC (Australian Citizen/Permanent Resident)
- Be eligible for entry into and accept a place in the Bachelor of Commerce (Professional majoring in Accounting) degree.
- Students must be enrolled full-time in the program and maintain a GPA of 5.0 for the duration of the program
- Be able to demonstrate academic propensity either through an exceptional performance in prior learning (school, TAFE or other higher education);
- The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and expressed interest in the field of study, these criteria must be addressed in writing (no more than 500 words) demonstrating strong interest in the major area of accounting
- Be available for interview by the Selection Committee.
Evidence such as academic and personal references, school/higher education grade reports, and the like must be submitted with the scholarship application.
Note: It is at the discretion of the Selection Committee to determine:
- The procedures for examination of applications and a decision on a majority vote; and
- Not to award scholarships due to a lack of eligible worthy applicants.
- Equity in either: rural, socio economic or indigenous ethnicity is eligible to apply.
How to apply
To apply for the Cooper Reeves Bachelor of Commerce (Professional) Accounting Scholarship you must complete and submit the application below
- Cooper Reeves Bachelor of Commerce (Professional) Accounting Scholarship application form (PDF 120k)
The current round of scholarships is now closed. Applications will reopen at a later date.
Victoria University Of Wellington / Vuw Iie High Achiever Scholarship (Usa), Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 13 days ago
Value: $1000 NZD (made in one payment towards tuition fees) Tenure of award: 1 trimester. Closing dates for applications: 01 December 2016 01 May 2017 There will be two application rounds per year...
Victoria University Of Wellington / Vuw Diversity In Study Abroad Scholarship (Usa), Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 13 days ago
Value: $500(made in one payment towards tuition fees) Tenure of award: 1 year Closing dates for applications: 01 December 2016 01 May 2017 There will be two application rounds per year, closing: 1...
Dr Kai Fou Wong And Mrs Kaye Shiu Kee Mui Wong Award Ugca1128, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 16 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Honours year students Opens 01/10/2016 Closing Date 28/02/2017 For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $3,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year Residency Aus Citiz...
Ph D Scholarship In Reproductive Physiology Of European Eel, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 1 day ago
Apply no later than 21 October 2016 Apply for the job at DTU Aqua by completing the following form. Apply online A PhD Scholarship in reproductive physiology of European eel is available at the Na...
Ph D Scholarship In The Community Pharmacy – Research Into Policy, University of Sydney, Australia, 8 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: PhD Scholarship in The Community Pharmacy – Research into Policy Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: The Community Pha...
Lgbtiq Pinnacle Foundation Scholarships, RMIT University, Australia, 21 days ago
Scholarships will be provided for 16-24 year old LGBTIQ* students who desire to undertake full-time education at a public or private secondary school (final year) or public institution of higher e...