- CSIRO Vacation Scholarships
Run over the summer holidays, CSIRO's vacation scholarships scheme offers undergraduate students the opportunity of collaborating with CSIRO scientists. Each year around 200 university students spend their summer holidays working with CSIRO. Vacation scholars can go on to do further work with CSIRO. Some have been offered the opportunity of doing their honours or PhD projects jointly with us, others have been offered paid employment. Indeed, several Chiefs of CSIRO Divisions can trace their history with the Organisation back to a summer vacation scholarship.
It varies from year to year, but around half our Divisions offer vacation scholarships.
Participating Divisions include:
- Astronomy and Space Science
- Energy Technology
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) Centre
- Livestock Industries
- Materials Science and Engineering (CMSE)
- Mathematics Informatics and Statistics (CMIS)
- Plant Industry.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend, Operating Allowance and Travel Grant
- Please see conditions
- Value unit
- Per fortnight
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- See Further Information
- Study area
- Animal Biology, Biomedical, Biomolecular and Chemical Sciences, Civil and Resource Engineering, Computer Science and Software Engineering, Earth and Environment, Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering, Environmental Systems Engineering, Humanities, Mathematics and Statistics, Mechanical Engineering, Plant Biology, Sport Science, Exercise and Health, Water Research, Forensic Science, Microscopy, Characterisation and Analysis, International Centre for Radio Astronomy, The UWA Oceans Institute, Agriculture and Resource Economics, Anatomy and Human Biology
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- Research Institution, Other Institution
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Scholarship Funded By Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (Nda) On Automated Visual Detection Of Plant Anomalies, University of Surrey, United Kingdom, 21 days ago
View All Vacancies Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering Location: Guildford Post Type: Full Time Closing Date: Friday 15 July 2016 Reference: 039316 3-Year Project, starting 1st O...
Ph D Programs Call For Applications 2016, Gran Sasso Science Institute, Italy, 29 days ago
Job posted by Academic Positions (31/05/2016 15.38) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Resea...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Wheat Rust Pathology And Genetics, University of Sydney, Australia, 5 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Wheat Rust Pathology and Genetics Research Areas: Health Sciences; Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Descripti...
Gssi Call For Applications Ph D 2016/2017, Gran Sasso Science Institute, Italy, 29 days ago
Job posted by Gran Sasso Science Institute (31/05/2016 15.39) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code...
Ph D Scholarship In The Use Of Zeolites For Tar De Oxygenation, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 16 days ago
Apply no later than 31 July 2016 Apply for the job at DTU Chemical Eng. by completing the following form. Apply online In the CHEC research group at the Department of Chemical Engineering research...
Ph D Scholarship In Van Der Waals Heterostructure Devices, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 26 days ago
Apply no later than 1 August 2016 Apply for the job at DTU Nanotech by completing the following form. Apply online The project concerns study of the electrical properties of two-dimensional materi...