Established in 1997, through a gift of $35 000 from the Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust, the purpose of the Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust Scholarship is to encourage students applying for, or presently enrolled in a full-time Griffith University undergraduate or postgraduate academic program undertaking, or proposing to undertake studies in the area of aviation. In the case of postgraduate study, students undertaking research, that in the opinion of the selection committee, is relevant to the past and present roles of the RAAF.
Programs of study
Programs of study associated with the scholarship:
- 1028/AVN103 - Bachelor of Aviation
- 5079/AVN502 - Master of Aviation Management
- 5001/AVN501 - Master of Philosophy, School of Aviation
- 6001/AVN601 - Doctor of Philosophy, School of Aviation
Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- demonstrated past academic merit
- have completed at least 80 credit points of the Griffith Aviation program
- demonstrated involvement in community activities and extra curricular personal achievements
- current full-time student undertaking a undergraduate Griffith Aviation program, or
- applicants applying to study aviation will be required, as part of their entrance procedures to pass a Class 1 Aviation medical test as administered by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority
In the event that a recipient for the Award cannot be differentiated from other applicants following the application of the above criteria, the Selection Committee may also consider the relevance to the aviation area for the applicants’ individual programs of study.
- An undergraduate academic program or other qualification as deemed appropriate by Griffith University is mandatory.
- Applicants will be required to submit a written proposal to the selection committee detailing their intended subject or area of research.
- Be available to be interviewed by the Assessment Panel.
Value and conditions
|Payment type||Total value||Frequency of payments|
|Cash||$2500||Paid directly into nominated bank account.|
Number of scholarships available
One scholarship is available.
- RAAF (Royal Australian Airforce)
How to apply
To apply for the Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust Scholarship you must complete and submit the application form below:
- Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust Scholarship application form (PDF 58k)
The current round of scholarships is now closed. Applications will reopen at a later date.
Rachael Fontana Memorial Bursary For The Arts, University of Southern Queensland, Australia, 4 days ago
Skip to main content Scholarship Description Closing date Australia Award Scholarships Australia Awards are prestigious international scholarships and fellowships funded by the Australian Governme...
School Of Mathematics & Statistics Honours Year Award Ugca1255, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 12 hours ago
School of Mathematics & Statistics Honours Year Award UGCA1255 Key Scholarship Details Stage Honours year students Opens 15/02/2017 Closing Date See below For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $7...
Unsw Honours Year Scholarships Ugca1120, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 12 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Honours year students Opens 10/02/2017 Closing Date 28/02/2017 For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $5,000 10 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year Residency No resid...
Excellence Scholarship Eea, Grant Finder, Netherlands, about 14 hours ago
Value and purpose of grant: Recepients of the scholarship will receive a monthly allowance towards living expenses, summing up to a total of €5.000. Grant award period: 1 academic year Application...
Maori Educatio Trust: Rj Graham Scholarships, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 1 day ago
Value: $500 Tenure of award: Awarded Annually Closing dates for applications: 24 February 2017 Applications close at 4.30 p m , Friday , 24 Hui - tanguru (February) 2017 . Number of awards offere...
Hinemoa Hilliard Memorial Scholarship, Massey University, New Zealand, about 11 hours ago
Back to results Closing date: 09/12/2017 HINEMOA HILLIARD MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP REGULATIONS Hinemoa Hilliard (1960 – 2013) Ngati Kahu, Ngapuhi, was a highly respected teacher, writer, freelance cur...