Established in 1997, through a gift of $35 000 from the Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust, the purpose of the Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust Scholarship is to encourage students applying for, or presently enrolled in a full-time Griffith University undergraduate or postgraduate academic program undertaking, or proposing to undertake studies in the area of aviation. In the case of postgraduate study, students undertaking research, that in the opinion of the selection committee, is relevant to the past and present roles of the RAAF.
Programs of study
Programs of study associated with the scholarship:
- 1028/AVN103 - Bachelor of Aviation
- 5079/AVN502 - Master of Aviation Management
- 5001/AVN501 - Master of Philosophy, School of Aviation
- 6001/AVN601 - Doctor of Philosophy, School of Aviation
Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- demonstrated past academic merit
- have completed at least 80 credit points of the Griffith Aviation program
- demonstrated involvement in community activities and extra curricular personal achievements
- current full-time student undertaking a undergraduate Griffith Aviation program, or
- applicants applying to study aviation will be required, as part of their entrance procedures to pass a Class 1 Aviation medical test as administered by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority
In the event that a recipient for the Award cannot be differentiated from other applicants following the application of the above criteria, the Selection Committee may also consider the relevance to the aviation area for the applicants’ individual programs of study.
- An undergraduate academic program or other qualification as deemed appropriate by Griffith University is mandatory.
- Applicants will be required to submit a written proposal to the selection committee detailing their intended subject or area of research.
- Be available to be interviewed by the Assessment Panel.
Value and conditions
|Payment type||Total value||Frequency of payments|
|Cash||$2500||Paid directly into nominated bank account.|
Number of scholarships available
One scholarship is available.
- RAAF (Royal Australian Airforce)
How to apply
To apply for the Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust Scholarship you must complete and submit the application form below:
- Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust Scholarship application form (PDF 58k)
The current round of scholarships is now closed. Applications will reopen at a later date.
Lindsay Robertson Memorial Award Rptr7001, University of New South Wales, Australia, 26 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Postgraduate students Opens 30/09/2016 Closing Date 31/03/2017 For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $10,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year Residency No resid...
Expression Of Interest For Ph D Candidates, The University of Queensland, Australia, 21 days ago
Apply now Job no:499558 Area:Faculty Of Engineering, Architecture & Info Tech Salary (FTE):UQ Scholarship (APA Rate)NON-BANDED ($26,288.00 - $26,288.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location:...
Neil Rowlings Bursary, University of Southern Queensland, Australia, 19 days ago
In 2017, USQ will offer one Neil Rowlings Bursary. The Neil Rowlings Bursary remembers a distinguished member of the professional staff of the University’s School of Communications and the Arts fo...
Vision Mātauranga Deep South Challenge Masters Scholarship (By Thesis), Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 25 days ago
Value: Up to NZ $20,000 (Masters by thesis) Please see additional information Tenure of award: One year Closing dates for applications: 27 October 2016 27 October 2017 27 October each year Number ...
Stephen Parnaby Memorial Award Ugce1224, University of New South Wales, Australia, 18 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage First year students, Second year students, Third year and above Opens 07/10/2016 Closing Date See below For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $2,000 1 Scholarship(s)...
Unsw Built Environment Sjb Scholarship Ugce1253, University of New South Wales, Australia, 26 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Third year and above Opens 30/09/2016 Closing Date 31/01/2017 For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $5,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year Residency Aus Citize...