Established in 1997, through a gift of $35 000 from the Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust, the purpose of the Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust Scholarship is to encourage students applying for, or presently enrolled in a full-time Griffith University undergraduate or postgraduate academic program undertaking, or proposing to undertake studies in the area of aviation. In the case of postgraduate study, students undertaking research, that in the opinion of the selection committee, is relevant to the past and present roles of the RAAF.
Programs of study
Programs of study associated with the scholarship:
- 1028/AVN103 - Bachelor of Aviation
- 5079/AVN502 - Master of Aviation Management
- 5001/AVN501 - Master of Philosophy, School of Aviation
- 6001/AVN601 - Doctor of Philosophy, School of Aviation
Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- demonstrated past academic merit
- have completed at least 80 credit points of the Griffith Aviation program
- demonstrated involvement in community activities and extra curricular personal achievements
- current full-time student undertaking a undergraduate Griffith Aviation program, or
- applicants applying to study aviation will be required, as part of their entrance procedures to pass a Class 1 Aviation medical test as administered by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority
In the event that a recipient for the Award cannot be differentiated from other applicants following the application of the above criteria, the Selection Committee may also consider the relevance to the aviation area for the applicants’ individual programs of study.
- An undergraduate academic program or other qualification as deemed appropriate by Griffith University is mandatory.
- Applicants will be required to submit a written proposal to the selection committee detailing their intended subject or area of research.
- Be available to be interviewed by the Assessment Panel.
Value and conditions
|Payment type||Total value||Frequency of payments|
|Cash||$2500||Paid directly into nominated bank account.|
Number of scholarships available
One scholarship is available.
- RAAF (Royal Australian Airforce)
How to apply
To apply for the Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust Scholarship you must complete and submit the application form below:
- Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust Scholarship application form (PDF 58k)
The current round of scholarships is now closed. Applications will reopen at a later date.
Nasa Aeronautics Scholarship Program, University of California, United States, 11 days ago
Deadline 3/31/2015 Description NASA's Aeronautics Research Mission Directorate (ARMD) offers five two-year graduate scholarships annually. Students awarded scholarships will be provided the opport...
External Scholarships, University of Wollongong, Australia, 11 days ago
ARC Research Hub for Australian Steel Manufacturing The Steel Research Hub will be the centrepiece for collaborative steel research in Australia, striving to deliver breakthrough product and proce...
Department Chair Position, Atmospheric Department - University of Alabama, Huntsville, United States, 29 days ago
Department Chair Position – Department of Atmospheric Science The University of Alabama in Huntsville The Department of Atmospheric Science at the University of Alabama in Huntsville (UAH) seeks ...
Charles Hayward Ph D Scholarship In Land Use Studies, University of Southern Queensland, Australia, 30 days ago
Charles Hayward was a beef producer from Central Queensland who aspired to improve understanding, practical knowledge and community education in land use management and planning. His generous cont...
Justin Crosby Memorial Law Bursary, University of the Sunshine Coast, Australia, 25 days ago
The USC experience Undergraduate (my first degree) Postgraduate coursework Research students International students Courses and programs Student support How do I apply? How do I enrol? How do I pa...
Justin Crosby Memorial Law Bursary, University of the Sunshine Coast, Australia, 11 days ago
The USC experience Undergraduate (my first degree) Postgraduate coursework Research students International students Courses and programs Student support How do I apply? How do I enrol? What will I...