Established in 1997, through a gift of $35 000 from the Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust, the purpose of the Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust Scholarship is to encourage students applying for, or presently enrolled in a full-time Griffith University undergraduate or postgraduate academic program undertaking, or proposing to undertake studies in the area of aviation. In the case of postgraduate study, students undertaking research, that in the opinion of the selection committee, is relevant to the past and present roles of the RAAF.
Programs of study
Programs of study associated with the scholarship:
- 1028/AVN103 - Bachelor of Aviation
- 5079/AVN502 - Master of Aviation Management
- 5001/AVN501 - Master of Philosophy, School of Aviation
- 6001/AVN601 - Doctor of Philosophy, School of Aviation
Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- demonstrated past academic merit
- have completed at least 80 credit points of the Griffith Aviation program
- demonstrated involvement in community activities and extra curricular personal achievements
- current full-time student undertaking a undergraduate Griffith Aviation program, or
- applicants applying to study aviation will be required, as part of their entrance procedures to pass a Class 1 Aviation medical test as administered by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority
In the event that a recipient for the Award cannot be differentiated from other applicants following the application of the above criteria, the Selection Committee may also consider the relevance to the aviation area for the applicants’ individual programs of study.
- An undergraduate academic program or other qualification as deemed appropriate by Griffith University is mandatory.
- Applicants will be required to submit a written proposal to the selection committee detailing their intended subject or area of research.
- Be available to be interviewed by the Assessment Panel.
Value and conditions
|Payment type||Total value||Frequency of payments|
|Cash||$2500||Paid directly into nominated bank account.|
Number of scholarships available
One scholarship is available.
- RAAF (Royal Australian Airforce)
How to apply
To apply for the Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust Scholarship you must complete and submit the application form below:
- Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust Scholarship application form (PDF 58k)
The current round of scholarships is now closed. Applications will reopen at a later date.
International Centre Global Mobility (Icgm) Scholarship Ugtr1038, University of New South Wales, Australia, 1 day ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Second year students, Third year and above, Honours year students, Postgraduate students Opens 17/04/2015 Closing Date 04/05/2015 For commencement Semester 1 2015 Val...
Ph D Scholarship, The University of Queensland, Australia, 3 days ago
Apply now Job no:497272 Area:Institute for Social Science Research Salary (FTE):Research Scholar BAND Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia, Brisbane Institute for Social Science Re...
Brian Gray Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 20 days ago
The Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) and the Reserve Bank of Australia have established the Brian Gray Scholarship program in memory of Brian Gray, who died on 24 August 2001 whil...
(Henry Halloran Trust) Urban Housing Lab@Sydney Ph D Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia, 11 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: (Henry Halloran Trust) Urban Housing Lab@Sydney PhD Scholarship Research Areas: Humanities & Social Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: A PhD...
Ph D Scholarship: Translational Cancer Research, The University of Queensland, Australia, 25 days ago
Apply now Job no:497234 Area:UQ Diamantina Institute Salary (FTE):APA Scholarship NON-BANDED ($25,849.00 - $25,849.00) Work type:Full Time - Fixed Term Location: Brisbane The University of Queensl...
Interpreting And Translation Excellence Scholarship Pgca1065, University of New South Wales, Australia, 19 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Postgraduate students Opens 30/03/2015 Closing Date 31/05/2015 For commencement Semester 2 2015 Value $5,000 3 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year Residency No reside...