Established in 1997, through a gift of $35 000 from the Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust, the purpose of the Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust Scholarship is to encourage students applying for, or presently enrolled in a full-time Griffith University undergraduate or postgraduate academic program undertaking, or proposing to undertake studies in the area of aviation. In the case of postgraduate study, students undertaking research, that in the opinion of the selection committee, is relevant to the past and present roles of the RAAF.
Programs of study
Programs of study associated with the scholarship:
- 1028/AVN103 - Bachelor of Aviation
- 5079/AVN502 - Master of Aviation Management
- 5001/AVN501 - Master of Philosophy, School of Aviation
- 6001/AVN601 - Doctor of Philosophy, School of Aviation
Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- demonstrated past academic merit
- have completed at least 80 credit points of the Griffith Aviation program
- demonstrated involvement in community activities and extra curricular personal achievements
- current full-time student undertaking a undergraduate Griffith Aviation program, or
- applicants applying to study aviation will be required, as part of their entrance procedures to pass a Class 1 Aviation medical test as administered by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority
In the event that a recipient for the Award cannot be differentiated from other applicants following the application of the above criteria, the Selection Committee may also consider the relevance to the aviation area for the applicants’ individual programs of study.
- An undergraduate academic program or other qualification as deemed appropriate by Griffith University is mandatory.
- Applicants will be required to submit a written proposal to the selection committee detailing their intended subject or area of research.
- Be available to be interviewed by the Assessment Panel.
Value and conditions
|Payment type||Total value||Frequency of payments|
|Cash||$2500||Paid directly into nominated bank account.|
Number of scholarships available
One scholarship is available.
- RAAF (Royal Australian Airforce)
How to apply
To apply for the Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust Scholarship you must complete and submit the application form below:
- Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust Scholarship application form (PDF 58k)
The current round of scholarships is now closed. Applications will reopen at a later date.
Lgbtiq Pinnacle Foundation Scholarships, RMIT University, Australia, 19 days ago
Scholarships will be provided for 16-24 year old LGBTIQ* students who desire to undertake full-time education at a public or private secondary school (final year) or public institution of higher e...
Uon Febe Malaysia Australia Colombo Plan Commemoration (Macc) Scholarship, The University of Newcastle, Australia, 9 days ago
Establishment The University of Newcastle (UON) Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment (FEBE) Malaysia Australia Colombo Plan Commemoration (MACC) Scholarship has been established to offer t...
Westpac Asian Exchange Scholarship Ugtr1040, University of New South Wales, Australia, 1 day ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Second year students, Third year and above Opens 27/09/2016 Closing Date See below For commencement Semester 2 2017 Value $12,000 2 Scholarship(s) available For one s...
Unsw Alumni Association Equity Scholarship Ugce1155, University of New South Wales, Australia, 17 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers Opens 12/09/2016 Closing Date See below For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $5,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For Duration of program (minimum...
Salmat Scholarship Ugce1225, University of New South Wales, Australia, 5 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers, First year students Opens 23/09/2016 Closing Date 30/11/2016 For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $20,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For up to ...
Mary Mac Killop Foundation Indigenous Tertiary Scholarship Program (External), University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 13 days ago
Mary MacKillop's concern for the welfare of Indigenous Australians, particularly in relation to education is well known. Inspired by this commitments, Mary MacKillop Foundation's Indigenous Tertia...