Established in 1997, through a gift of $35 000 from the Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust, the purpose of the Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust Scholarship is to encourage students applying for, or presently enrolled in a full-time Griffith University undergraduate or postgraduate academic program undertaking, or proposing to undertake studies in the area of aviation. In the case of postgraduate study, students undertaking research, that in the opinion of the selection committee, is relevant to the past and present roles of the RAAF.
Programs of study
Programs of study associated with the scholarship:
- 1028/AVN103 - Bachelor of Aviation
- 5079/AVN502 - Master of Aviation Management
- 5001/AVN501 - Master of Philosophy, School of Aviation
- 6001/AVN601 - Doctor of Philosophy, School of Aviation
Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- demonstrated past academic merit
- have completed at least 80 credit points of the Griffith Aviation program
- demonstrated involvement in community activities and extra curricular personal achievements
- current full-time student undertaking a undergraduate Griffith Aviation program, or
- applicants applying to study aviation will be required, as part of their entrance procedures to pass a Class 1 Aviation medical test as administered by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority
In the event that a recipient for the Award cannot be differentiated from other applicants following the application of the above criteria, the Selection Committee may also consider the relevance to the aviation area for the applicants’ individual programs of study.
- An undergraduate academic program or other qualification as deemed appropriate by Griffith University is mandatory.
- Applicants will be required to submit a written proposal to the selection committee detailing their intended subject or area of research.
- Be available to be interviewed by the Assessment Panel.
Value and conditions
|Payment type||Total value||Frequency of payments|
|Cash||$2500||Paid directly into nominated bank account.|
Number of scholarships available
One scholarship is available.
- RAAF (Royal Australian Airforce)
How to apply
To apply for the Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust Scholarship you must complete and submit the application form below:
- Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust Scholarship application form (PDF 58k)
The current round of scholarships is now closed. Applications will reopen at a later date.
Te Mana O Te Awa Scholarships, Massey University, New Zealand, 18 days ago
Closing date: 22/02/2016 Te Mana o Te Awa Scholarships aim to grow the collective expertise of Whanganui Iwi to contribute to and enhance the health and well-being of the Whanganui River (Te Awa T...
Telerehabilitation In Bus Hkids Ph D Scholarship, The University of Queensland, Australia, 4 days ago
Apply now Job no:498491 Area:Faculty of Health and Behavioural Sciences Salary (FTE):School Schol (APA Rate) NONBAND ($26,288.00 - $26,288.00) Work type:Full Time - Fixed Term Location: St Lucia, ...
Ph D Stipend In Global Refugee Studies At Aalborg University, Copenhagen Campus, Aalborg University, Denmark, 6 days ago
At the Faculty of Social Sciences, Department of Culture and Global Studies a PhD scholarship in Global Refugee Studies at the Copenhagen Campus is open for appointment on 15 April 2016 or as soo...
Hunter Group Rugby Union Scholarship, The University of Newcastle, Australia, 3 days ago
Donor The Hunter Group Rugby Union Scholarship Establishment This scholarship has been established by The Hunter Group to support a UON student from the country who is an active full-time member o...
Seven Ph D Positions In The Behavioural Science Institute Graduate School 1,0 Fte, Radboud University, Netherlands, 5 days ago
At Radboud University, we do research and teach programmes covering the full width of the academic spectrum. We do this on a green, modern campus with state-of-the-art facilities. The atmosphere o...
Gregg Purcell Memorial Bursary, University of Southern Queensland, Australia, 11 days ago
In 2016, USQ will offer one Gregg Purcell Memorial Bursary. This Bursary is in memory of Gregg Purcell who was the former Technical Director-Survey of RPS Australia East Pty Ltd and a former Membe...