Established in 1997, through a gift of $35 000 from the Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust, the purpose of the Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust Scholarship is to encourage students applying for, or presently enrolled in a full-time Griffith University undergraduate or postgraduate academic program undertaking, or proposing to undertake studies in the area of aviation. In the case of postgraduate study, students undertaking research, that in the opinion of the selection committee, is relevant to the past and present roles of the RAAF.
Programs of study
Programs of study associated with the scholarship:
- 1028/AVN103 - Bachelor of Aviation
- 5079/AVN502 - Master of Aviation Management
- 5001/AVN501 - Master of Philosophy, School of Aviation
- 6001/AVN601 - Doctor of Philosophy, School of Aviation
Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- demonstrated past academic merit
- have completed at least 80 credit points of the Griffith Aviation program
- demonstrated involvement in community activities and extra curricular personal achievements
- current full-time student undertaking a undergraduate Griffith Aviation program, or
- applicants applying to study aviation will be required, as part of their entrance procedures to pass a Class 1 Aviation medical test as administered by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority
In the event that a recipient for the Award cannot be differentiated from other applicants following the application of the above criteria, the Selection Committee may also consider the relevance to the aviation area for the applicants’ individual programs of study.
- An undergraduate academic program or other qualification as deemed appropriate by Griffith University is mandatory.
- Applicants will be required to submit a written proposal to the selection committee detailing their intended subject or area of research.
- Be available to be interviewed by the Assessment Panel.
Value and conditions
|Payment type||Total value||Frequency of payments|
|Cash||$2500||Paid directly into nominated bank account.|
Number of scholarships available
One scholarship is available.
- RAAF (Royal Australian Airforce)
How to apply
To apply for the Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust Scholarship you must complete and submit the application form below:
- Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust Scholarship application form (PDF 58k)
The current round of scholarships is now closed. Applications will reopen at a later date.
Griffith University :The Josephine Ulrick Prizes In Literature & Poetry, Flinders University, Australia, 21 days ago
Opening Date: 01-12-2014 Closing Date: 13-02-2015 DESCRIPTION The Josephine Ulrick Prizes in Literature and Poetry, offered in memory of a significant patron and promoter of Australian art and lit...
Australian Centre Of Excellence For Local Government (Acelg) Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 8 days ago
Funded by the Australian Centre of Excellence for Local Government (ACELG), this Scholarship is open to commencing Australian domestic or international students who are intending to undertake a Ph...
Australian War Memorial :Summer Vacation Scholarships For History Students, Flinders University, Australia, 20 days ago
Opening Date: 01-09-2014 Closing Date: 10-10-2014 DESCRIPTION The Australian War Memorial provides one or more Summer Vacation Scholarships for history students in the third or fourth year of an u...
Cox Richardson Architecture Award Puca1008, University of New South Wales, Australia, 24 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Third year and above, Honours year students, Postgraduate students Opens 29/09/2014 Closing Date 30/11/2014 For commencement Semester 1 2015 Value $5,000 1 Scholarshi...
David Walsh Memorial Scholarship Ugca1064, University of New South Wales, Australia, 23 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Honours year students Opens 01/10/2014 Closing Date 28/02/2015 For commencement Semester 1 2015 Value $1,400 1 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year Residency No reside...
Agsm Cohort C Residential Award Pgca1064, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 5 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Postgraduate students Opens 22/10/2014 Closing Date 30/11/2014 For commencement Semester 1 2015 Value $2,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year Residency No reside...