Established in 1997, through a gift of $35 000 from the Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust, the purpose of the Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust Scholarship is to encourage students applying for, or presently enrolled in a full-time Griffith University undergraduate or postgraduate academic program undertaking, or proposing to undertake studies in the area of aviation. In the case of postgraduate study, students undertaking research, that in the opinion of the selection committee, is relevant to the past and present roles of the RAAF.
Programs of study
Programs of study associated with the scholarship:
- 1028/AVN103 - Bachelor of Aviation
- 5079/AVN502 - Master of Aviation Management
- 5001/AVN501 - Master of Philosophy, School of Aviation
- 6001/AVN601 - Doctor of Philosophy, School of Aviation
Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- demonstrated past academic merit
- have completed at least 80 credit points of the Griffith Aviation program
- demonstrated involvement in community activities and extra curricular personal achievements
- current full-time student undertaking a undergraduate Griffith Aviation program, or
- applicants applying to study aviation will be required, as part of their entrance procedures to pass a Class 1 Aviation medical test as administered by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority
In the event that a recipient for the Award cannot be differentiated from other applicants following the application of the above criteria, the Selection Committee may also consider the relevance to the aviation area for the applicants’ individual programs of study.
- An undergraduate academic program or other qualification as deemed appropriate by Griffith University is mandatory.
- Applicants will be required to submit a written proposal to the selection committee detailing their intended subject or area of research.
- Be available to be interviewed by the Assessment Panel.
Value and conditions
|Payment type||Total value||Frequency of payments|
|Cash||$2500||Paid directly into nominated bank account.|
Number of scholarships available
One scholarship is available.
- RAAF (Royal Australian Airforce)
How to apply
To apply for the Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust Scholarship you must complete and submit the application form below:
- Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust Scholarship application form (PDF 58k)
The current round of scholarships is now closed. Applications will reopen at a later date.
Bruce Cronin Bay Trust Scholarship, Massey University, New Zealand, 28 days ago
Back to results Closing date: 16/03/2015 IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT THE APPLICATION PROCESS IS BEGUN WELL IN ADVANCE OF THE CLOSING DATE. Once you apply, the University and your named referees are conta...
Reg Smith Master Of Architecture Award Pgca1063, University of New South Wales, Australia, 21 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Postgraduate students Opens 11/02/2015 Closing Date 31/03/2015 For commencement Semester 1 2015 Value $5,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year Residency No reside...
Rotary Postgraduate Scholarship, RMIT University, Australia, 6 days ago
The purpose of the Global Grant Scholarship program is to support international study at the graduate level. This grant model builds on the very best of Rotary's Ambassadorial Scholar history. R...
Unsw Islamic Society Scholarship Puce1006, University of New South Wales, Australia, 8 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers, First year students, Second year students, Third year and above, Honours year students, Postgraduate students Opens 24/02/2015 Closing Date 31/03...
Ngoc Tram Nguyen Scholarship Ugca1352, University of New South Wales, Australia, 17 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers, First year students, Postgraduate students Opens 16/02/2015 Closing Date 09/03/2015 For commencement Semester 1 2015 Value $5,000 1 Scholarship(s...
Salmat Scholarship Ugce1225, University of New South Wales, Australia, 16 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers, First year students Opens 16/02/2015 Closing Date 05/03/2015 For commencement Semester 1 2015 Value $20,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For up to ...