Established in 1997, through a gift of $35 000 from the Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust, the purpose of the Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust Scholarship is to encourage students applying for, or presently enrolled in a full-time Griffith University undergraduate or postgraduate academic program undertaking, or proposing to undertake studies in the area of aviation. In the case of postgraduate study, students undertaking research, that in the opinion of the selection committee, is relevant to the past and present roles of the RAAF.
Programs of study
Programs of study associated with the scholarship:
- 1028/AVN103 - Bachelor of Aviation
- 5079/AVN502 - Master of Aviation Management
- 5001/AVN501 - Master of Philosophy, School of Aviation
- 6001/AVN601 - Doctor of Philosophy, School of Aviation
Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- demonstrated past academic merit
- have completed at least 80 credit points of the Griffith Aviation program
- demonstrated involvement in community activities and extra curricular personal achievements
- current full-time student undertaking a undergraduate Griffith Aviation program, or
- applicants applying to study aviation will be required, as part of their entrance procedures to pass a Class 1 Aviation medical test as administered by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority
In the event that a recipient for the Award cannot be differentiated from other applicants following the application of the above criteria, the Selection Committee may also consider the relevance to the aviation area for the applicants’ individual programs of study.
- An undergraduate academic program or other qualification as deemed appropriate by Griffith University is mandatory.
- Applicants will be required to submit a written proposal to the selection committee detailing their intended subject or area of research.
- Be available to be interviewed by the Assessment Panel.
Value and conditions
|Payment type||Total value||Frequency of payments|
|Cash||$2500||Paid directly into nominated bank account.|
Number of scholarships available
One scholarship is available.
- RAAF (Royal Australian Airforce)
How to apply
To apply for the Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust Scholarship you must complete and submit the application form below:
- Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust Scholarship application form (PDF 58k)
The current round of scholarships is now closed. Applications will reopen at a later date.
Garth Barnett Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, about 2 hours ago
The Garth Barnett Scholarship is offered in memory of Garth Barnett, a self-taught designer, who understood the value of education. The scholarship aims to support students who would otherwise no...
Ph D Expression Of Interest – Centre For Exercise And Healthy Brain Ageing, The University of Queensland, Australia, 17 days ago
Apply now Job no:500321 Area:Queensland Brain Institute Salary (FTE):APA Scholarship NON-BANDED ($26,682.00 - $26,682.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia, Brisbane Queensland ...
Rebekah Wilson Scholarship For Sonic Arts, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 1 day ago
Value: $1000 Tenure of award: One year Closing dates for applications: 01 October 2017 01 October 2018 1 October each year Number of awards offered: One per year History or background of award Thi...
Unsw Honours Year Scholarships Ugca1120, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 18 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Honours year students Opens 01/03/2017 Closing Date 31/03/2017 For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $5,000 10 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year Residency No resid...
Ross Milbourne Elite Rower Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, about 1 hour ago
The Ross Milbourne Elite Rower Scholarship intends to attract talented, aspiring athletes with the desire to pursue State, National and International rowing to enhance their educational opportunit...
John Prescott Honours Scholarship Ugca1287, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 18 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Honours year students Opens 03/03/2017 Closing Date 31/03/2017 For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $10,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year Residency Aus Citi...