Established in 1997, through a gift of $35 000 from the Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust, the purpose of the Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust Scholarship is to encourage students applying for, or presently enrolled in a full-time Griffith University undergraduate or postgraduate academic program undertaking, or proposing to undertake studies in the area of aviation. In the case of postgraduate study, students undertaking research, that in the opinion of the selection committee, is relevant to the past and present roles of the RAAF.
Programs of study
Programs of study associated with the scholarship:
- 1028/AVN103 - Bachelor of Aviation
- 5079/AVN502 - Master of Aviation Management
- 5001/AVN501 - Master of Philosophy, School of Aviation
- 6001/AVN601 - Doctor of Philosophy, School of Aviation
Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- demonstrated past academic merit
- have completed at least 80 credit points of the Griffith Aviation program
- demonstrated involvement in community activities and extra curricular personal achievements
- current full-time student undertaking a undergraduate Griffith Aviation program, or
- applicants applying to study aviation will be required, as part of their entrance procedures to pass a Class 1 Aviation medical test as administered by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority
In the event that a recipient for the Award cannot be differentiated from other applicants following the application of the above criteria, the Selection Committee may also consider the relevance to the aviation area for the applicants’ individual programs of study.
- An undergraduate academic program or other qualification as deemed appropriate by Griffith University is mandatory.
- Applicants will be required to submit a written proposal to the selection committee detailing their intended subject or area of research.
- Be available to be interviewed by the Assessment Panel.
Value and conditions
|Payment type||Total value||Frequency of payments|
|Cash||$2500||Paid directly into nominated bank account.|
Number of scholarships available
One scholarship is available.
- RAAF (Royal Australian Airforce)
How to apply
To apply for the Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust Scholarship you must complete and submit the application form below:
- Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust Scholarship application form (PDF 58k)
The current round of scholarships is now closed. Applications will reopen at a later date.
Hyman Tarlo Scholarship In Law 2015/2016, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 14 days ago
The School of Law, Trinity College Dublin, University of Dublin, Ireland is delighted to announce the Hyman Tarlo Scholarship in Law for 2015/16. This scholarship is generously sponsored by Mrs ...
John Monash Scholarships, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 20 days ago
In 2003 the General Sir John Monash Scholarships were launched. Since this time, they have become Australia's most prestigious postgraduate scholarships Which recognise leadership capability, acad...
Lily And Dr Ben K.C. Chng Scholarship Ugce1129, University of New South Wales, Australia, 18 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage First year students Opens 01/12/2014 Closing Date 31/01/2015 For commencement Semester 1 2015 Value $5,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For 2 years Residency Internatio...
Cpa Australia Not For Profit Conference Attendance Scholarship 2015, Australian Scholarships Foundation, Australia, 3 days ago
Scholarship Overview This conference is a two day event that will be held in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. The scholarship is available for one (1x) person per state, valued at $1,360. The purpo...
Reece Foundation M Res + Ph D Studentship In Translational Neuroscience, Newcastle University, United Kingdom, 10 days ago
Closing Date: 30th January 2015 Details: Value, Duration and Start Date of the Award The funding covers a one-year MRes in Neuroscience followed by a three year PhD. Support includes an annual...
Postgraduate Coursework Equity Scholarship Pgce1004, University of New South Wales, Australia, 16 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Postgraduate students Opens 03/12/2014 Closing Date 13/01/2015 For commencement Semester 1 2015 Value $13,000 10 Scholarship(s) available For Duration of program (mi...