Established in 1997, through a gift of $35 000 from the Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust, the purpose of the Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust Scholarship is to encourage students applying for, or presently enrolled in a full-time Griffith University undergraduate or postgraduate academic program undertaking, or proposing to undertake studies in the area of aviation. In the case of postgraduate study, students undertaking research, that in the opinion of the selection committee, is relevant to the past and present roles of the RAAF.
Programs of study
Programs of study associated with the scholarship:
- 1028/AVN103 - Bachelor of Aviation
- 5079/AVN502 - Master of Aviation Management
- 5001/AVN501 - Master of Philosophy, School of Aviation
- 6001/AVN601 - Doctor of Philosophy, School of Aviation
Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- demonstrated past academic merit
- have completed at least 80 credit points of the Griffith Aviation program
- demonstrated involvement in community activities and extra curricular personal achievements
- current full-time student undertaking a undergraduate Griffith Aviation program, or
- applicants applying to study aviation will be required, as part of their entrance procedures to pass a Class 1 Aviation medical test as administered by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority
In the event that a recipient for the Award cannot be differentiated from other applicants following the application of the above criteria, the Selection Committee may also consider the relevance to the aviation area for the applicants’ individual programs of study.
- An undergraduate academic program or other qualification as deemed appropriate by Griffith University is mandatory.
- Applicants will be required to submit a written proposal to the selection committee detailing their intended subject or area of research.
- Be available to be interviewed by the Assessment Panel.
Value and conditions
|Payment type||Total value||Frequency of payments|
|Cash||$2500||Paid directly into nominated bank account.|
Number of scholarships available
One scholarship is available.
- RAAF (Royal Australian Airforce)
How to apply
To apply for the Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust Scholarship you must complete and submit the application form below:
- Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust Scholarship application form (PDF 58k)
The current round of scholarships is now closed. Applications will reopen at a later date.
Rhodes Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 26 days ago
Value: See 'Additional Information.' Tenure of award: Refer to the Rhodes Trust website. http://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk Closing dates for applications: 01 August 2016 01 August 2017 Apply by Augu...
Kiwi Music Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 26 days ago
Value: The funds available each year will be in the range of $50,000 - $60,000. Tenure of award: * The scholarship is available for up to three years according to the course of study. * Continuati...
The New Zealand France Friendship Fund Excellence Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 26 days ago
Value: NZ$25,000 Tenure of award: A minimum of two semester's full-time study, or a cumulative total of at least 12 months spread over the duration of the study programme (the grant is a one-off a...
William Wallace Gibson Memorial Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 26 days ago
Value: $2000.00 Tenure of award: One year. Closing dates for applications: 15 November 2015 15 November 2016 Applications close 15 November. Number of awards offered: One each year. History or bac...
Rebecca L. Lynch Memorial Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 26 days ago
Value: Non-resident tuition fees, registration fees, and room and board are covered by the scholarship. Tenure of award: 1 year Closing dates for applications: 31 August 2016 31 August 2017 31 Aug...
Peter Kenyon Memorial Postgraduate Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 22 days ago
Peter Kenyon was a well-known and passionate economist, educator, media commentator and social justice advocate who believed strongly in the value of tertiary education. Prior to Peter's passing ...