Established in 1997, through a gift of $35 000 from the Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust, the purpose of the Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust Scholarship is to encourage students applying for, or presently enrolled in a full-time Griffith University undergraduate or postgraduate academic program undertaking, or proposing to undertake studies in the area of aviation. In the case of postgraduate study, students undertaking research, that in the opinion of the selection committee, is relevant to the past and present roles of the RAAF.
Programs of study
Programs of study associated with the scholarship:
- 1028/AVN103 - Bachelor of Aviation
- 5079/AVN502 - Master of Aviation Management
- 5001/AVN501 - Master of Philosophy, School of Aviation
- 6001/AVN601 - Doctor of Philosophy, School of Aviation
Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- demonstrated past academic merit
- have completed at least 80 credit points of the Griffith Aviation program
- demonstrated involvement in community activities and extra curricular personal achievements
- current full-time student undertaking a undergraduate Griffith Aviation program, or
- applicants applying to study aviation will be required, as part of their entrance procedures to pass a Class 1 Aviation medical test as administered by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority
In the event that a recipient for the Award cannot be differentiated from other applicants following the application of the above criteria, the Selection Committee may also consider the relevance to the aviation area for the applicants’ individual programs of study.
- An undergraduate academic program or other qualification as deemed appropriate by Griffith University is mandatory.
- Applicants will be required to submit a written proposal to the selection committee detailing their intended subject or area of research.
- Be available to be interviewed by the Assessment Panel.
Value and conditions
|Payment type||Total value||Frequency of payments|
|Cash||$2500||Paid directly into nominated bank account.|
Number of scholarships available
One scholarship is available.
- RAAF (Royal Australian Airforce)
How to apply
To apply for the Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust Scholarship you must complete and submit the application form below:
- Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust Scholarship application form (PDF 58k)
The current round of scholarships is now closed. Applications will reopen at a later date.
Chant Legacy Scholarship Postgraduate Study In Governance 2016, Australian Scholarships Foundation, Australia, 18 days ago
Scholarship Overview The Chant Legacy Scholarship has been made possible by a trust set up in the original will of the late Mr Leonard Watson Chant. He established a tutorial college with the obje...
Ph D Scholarship In The Uq Rt Bauxite And Alumina Technology Centre, The University of Queensland, Australia, 26 days ago
Apply now Job no:497954 Area:Faculty Of Engineering, Architecture & Info Tech Salary (FTE):Advertised at multiple classifications Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia, Brisbane The...
Reg Smith Master Of Architecture Award Pgca1063, University of New South Wales, Australia, 14 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Postgraduate students Opens 30/09/2015 Closing Date 31/03/2016 For commencement Semester 1 2016 Value $5,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year Residency No reside...
Lily And Dr Ben K.C. Chng Scholarship Ugce1129, University of New South Wales, Australia, 14 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage First year students Opens 30/09/2015 Closing Date 31/03/2016 For commencement Semester 1 2016 Value $5,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For 2 years Residency Internatio...
Ph D Scholarship In Coal Science, The University of Queensland, Australia, 19 days ago
Apply now Job no:497981 Area:Faculty Of Engineering, Architecture & Info Tech Salary (FTE):Research Scholar BAND Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia, Brisbane The School of Chemic...
Cox Richardson Architecture Award Puca1008, University of New South Wales, Australia, 14 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Third year and above, Honours year students, Postgraduate students Opens 30/09/2015 Closing Date 31/03/2016 For commencement Semester 1 2016 Value $5,000 1 Scholarshi...