Established in 1997, through a gift of $35 000 from the Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust, the purpose of the Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust Scholarship is to encourage students applying for, or presently enrolled in a full-time Griffith University undergraduate or postgraduate academic program undertaking, or proposing to undertake studies in the area of aviation. In the case of postgraduate study, students undertaking research, that in the opinion of the selection committee, is relevant to the past and present roles of the RAAF.
Programs of study
Programs of study associated with the scholarship:
- 1028/AVN103 - Bachelor of Aviation
- 5079/AVN502 - Master of Aviation Management
- 5001/AVN501 - Master of Philosophy, School of Aviation
- 6001/AVN601 - Doctor of Philosophy, School of Aviation
Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- demonstrated past academic merit
- have completed at least 80 credit points of the Griffith Aviation program
- demonstrated involvement in community activities and extra curricular personal achievements
- current full-time student undertaking a undergraduate Griffith Aviation program, or
- applicants applying to study aviation will be required, as part of their entrance procedures to pass a Class 1 Aviation medical test as administered by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority
In the event that a recipient for the Award cannot be differentiated from other applicants following the application of the above criteria, the Selection Committee may also consider the relevance to the aviation area for the applicants’ individual programs of study.
- An undergraduate academic program or other qualification as deemed appropriate by Griffith University is mandatory.
- Applicants will be required to submit a written proposal to the selection committee detailing their intended subject or area of research.
- Be available to be interviewed by the Assessment Panel.
Value and conditions
|Payment type||Total value||Frequency of payments|
|Cash||$2500||Paid directly into nominated bank account.|
Number of scholarships available
One scholarship is available.
- RAAF (Royal Australian Airforce)
How to apply
To apply for the Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust Scholarship you must complete and submit the application form below:
- Brisbane RAAF Memorial Trust Scholarship application form (PDF 58k)
The current round of scholarships is now closed. Applications will reopen at a later date.
Ph D Studentship: Photoresponsive Nanocomposite Coatings For Anti Laser Dazzling In Aviation Safety, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
Engineering & the Environment Location: Highfield Campus Closing Date: Friday 30 June 2017 Reference: ENGSCI-BIO-359 Laser attacks penetrating aircraft windshields at pilots are incredibly dangero...
Peter Densem Postgraduate Scholarship, Massey University, New Zealand, about 1 hour ago
Closing date: 10/03/2018 Purpose The Peter Densem Postgraduate Scholarship was established in 2017 by Mr Peter Densem for the purpose of supporting students at Massey University who have already c...
Peter Densem Undergraduate Scholarship, Massey University, New Zealand, 18 minutes ago
Closing date: 10/03/2018 Purpose The Peter Densem Undergraduate Scholarship was established in 2017 by Mr Peter Densem for the purpose of supporting students at Massey University who have already ...
Scientia Scholarships Ugca1137, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 4 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers Opens 06/06/2017 Closing Date See below For commencement Semester 1 2018 Value $10,000 Scholarship(s) available For Duration of program (minimum)...
Ph D Studentship: Scattering Of Sound By Turbulence: Developing A Comprehensive Set Of Prediction Methods For Application, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
Engineering & the Environment Location: Highfield Campus Closing Date: Friday 30 June 2017 Reference: ISVR-ACOUS-360 Applications are invited for a fully-funded PhD Studentship working on Aeroacou...
Renzo Piano Award In Architecture Pgca1076, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 4 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Third year and above, Postgraduate students Opens 22/06/2017 Closing Date 31/07/2017 For commencement Semester 2 2017 Value $10,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For One...