- Bachelor of Medical Science Scholarship in Honour of Professor Cecil Lewis [F29783]
- The late Janice Gail Adams (Jan Adams) has bequeathed a sum of money to the University of Western Australia to establish a fund to further research activity within the School of Surgery at The University of Western Australia. The bequest was made in appreciation of the clinical role performed by Emeritus Professor A. K. House during his time as Professor and Head within the UWA Department of Surgery. The established fund provides a scholarship within the Foundation Professors Bachelor of Medical Science Scholarship Program, in honour of the Foundation Professor of Surgery, Professor Cecil Lewis.
The Foundation Professors Bachelor of Medical Science Scholarship Program consists of up to 11 scholarships established to honour the 11 Founding Professors of the Medical School, and to augment research capacity through the Bachelor of Medical Science honours degree. The purpose of the program is to encourage medical students to undertake scientific medical research, to enable them to gain considerable insight into research methods and to assess their personal suitability for future medical research and a career in research and/or academia.
- Payment type
- Semester Installments
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
(1) To be eligible to apply for a scholarship an applicant must be:
enrolled in the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degree course at The University of Western Australia; and
eligible to enrol in the Bachelor of Medical Science honours degree course.
(2) To be eligible to take up the scholarship an applicant must be:
enrolled in the Bachelor of Medical Science honours degree course; and
undertaking a research project relevant to the discipline of Surgery.
(3) Preference is given to eligible applicants whose research project is associated with liver transplant, cancer or vascular research.
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen, Australian Humanitarian Visa, International
- Study area
- Medicine and Pharmacology, Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Paediatrics and Child Health, Primary, Aboriginal and Rural Health Care, Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, Surgery, Microscopy, Characterisation and Analysis
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- UWA Only
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Scholarship, The University of Queensland, Australia, 12 days ago
School of Earth and Environmental Sciences The School of Earth and Environmental Sciences is a vibrant, multidisciplinary School with extensive teaching and research programs covering the fields o...
Australian Government :Australia Awards, Flinders University, Australia, about 8 hours ago
Opening Date: 01-02-2017 Closing Date: 30-04-2017 The Australia Awards are a whole-of-government initiative bringing together scholarships and fellowships administered by the Department of Foreign...
Parkinson's Sa :Parkinson's Sa Alison Ballantyne Scholarship, Flinders University, Australia, about 8 hours ago
Opening Date: 06-02-2017 Closing Date: 17-03-2017 Parkinson’s SA was established in 1983 to provide services and represent people with Parkinson’s and their families. In honour of Alison Ballantyn...
Parkinson's Sa Inc. :Parkinson's Sa Norman Weir Scholarship, Flinders University, Australia, about 8 hours ago
Opening Date: 06-02-2017 Closing Date: 17-03-2017 DESCRIPTION Parkinson’s SA was established in 1983 to provide services and represent people with Parkinson’s and their families. As a result of a ...
Rachael Fontana Memorial Bursary For The Arts, University of Southern Queensland, Australia, 1 day ago
Skip to main content Scholarship Description Closing date Australia Award Scholarships Australia Awards are prestigious international scholarships and fellowships funded by the Australian Governme...
School Of Mathematics & Statistics Honours Year Award Ugca1255, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 2 hours ago
School of Mathematics & Statistics Honours Year Award UGCA1255 Key Scholarship Details Stage Honours year students Opens 15/02/2017 Closing Date See below For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $7...