- Bachelor of Medical Science Scholarship in Honour of Professor Cecil Lewis [F29783]
- The late Janice Gail Adams (Jan Adams) has bequeathed a sum of money to the University of Western Australia to establish a fund to further research activity within the School of Surgery at The University of Western Australia. The bequest was made in appreciation of the clinical role performed by Emeritus Professor A. K. House during his time as Professor and Head within the UWA Department of Surgery. The established fund provides a scholarship within the Foundation Professors Bachelor of Medical Science Scholarship Program, in honour of the Foundation Professor of Surgery, Professor Cecil Lewis.
The Foundation Professors Bachelor of Medical Science Scholarship Program consists of up to 11 scholarships established to honour the 11 Founding Professors of the Medical School, and to augment research capacity through the Bachelor of Medical Science honours degree. The purpose of the program is to encourage medical students to undertake scientific medical research, to enable them to gain considerable insight into research methods and to assess their personal suitability for future medical research and a career in research and/or academia.
- Payment type
- Semester Installments
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
(1) To be eligible to apply for a scholarship an applicant must be:
enrolled in the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degree course at The University of Western Australia; and
eligible to enrol in the Bachelor of Medical Science honours degree course.
(2) To be eligible to take up the scholarship an applicant must be:
enrolled in the Bachelor of Medical Science honours degree course; and
undertaking a research project relevant to the discipline of Surgery.
(3) Preference is given to eligible applicants whose research project is associated with liver transplant, cancer or vascular research.
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen, Australian Humanitarian Visa, International
- Study area
- Medicine and Pharmacology, Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Paediatrics and Child Health, Primary, Aboriginal and Rural Health Care, Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, Surgery, Microscopy, Characterisation and Analysis
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- UWA Only
- Currently available
- Application status
Expression Of Interest (Eoi) For Ph D Candidates, The University of Queensland, Australia, 20 days ago
Apply now Job no:500433 Area:Faculty of Science Salary (FTE):APA Scholarship NON-BANDED ($26,682.00 - $26,682.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship, Full Time - Fixed Term Location: Gatton The Sch...
Ph D Candidate, The University of Queensland, Australia, 12 days ago
The University of Queensland's Institute for Molecular Bioscience is a leading global research institute. IMB was established in 2000 as UQ's first research institute and is the cornerstone of one...
Ph D Scholar, The University of Queensland, Australia, 24 days ago
Doctoral Opportunities in Innate Immune Research Cancer Biology and Care Program, Faculty of Medicine-Mater Research Institute – The University of Queensland, Australia The Faculty of Medicine is ...
Raymond L. Debus Bequest Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia, about 23 hours ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Raymond L. Debus Bequest Scholarship Research Areas: Humanities & Social Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: Established in 2017 by a bequest...
Ph D Scholarship Non Invasive Monitoring System For Early Detection Complications After Cancer Surgery, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 18 hours ago
Apply no later than 5 May 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Electrical Eng by completing the following form. Apply online The Department of Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering group, invite...
Expression Of Interest (Eoi) For Ph D Candidates, The University of Queensland, Australia, 22 days ago
Apply now Job no:500388 Area:Faculty of Science Salary (FTE):APA Scholarship NON-BANDED ($26,682.00 - $26,682.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship, Full Time - Fixed Term Location: Gatton The Sch...