- Bachelor of Medical Science Scholarship in Honour of Professor Cecil Lewis [F29783]
- The late Janice Gail Adams (Jan Adams) has bequeathed a sum of money to the University of Western Australia to establish a fund to further research activity within the School of Surgery at The University of Western Australia. The bequest was made in appreciation of the clinical role performed by Emeritus Professor A. K. House during his time as Professor and Head within the UWA Department of Surgery. The established fund provides a scholarship within the Foundation Professors Bachelor of Medical Science Scholarship Program, in honour of the Foundation Professor of Surgery, Professor Cecil Lewis.
The Foundation Professors Bachelor of Medical Science Scholarship Program consists of up to 11 scholarships established to honour the 11 Founding Professors of the Medical School, and to augment research capacity through the Bachelor of Medical Science honours degree. The purpose of the program is to encourage medical students to undertake scientific medical research, to enable them to gain considerable insight into research methods and to assess their personal suitability for future medical research and a career in research and/or academia.
- Payment type
- Semester Installments
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
(1) To be eligible to apply for a scholarship an applicant must be:
enrolled in the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degree course at The University of Western Australia; and
eligible to enrol in the Bachelor of Medical Science honours degree course.
(2) To be eligible to take up the scholarship an applicant must be:
enrolled in the Bachelor of Medical Science honours degree course; and
undertaking a research project relevant to the discipline of Surgery.
(3) Preference is given to eligible applicants whose research project is associated with liver transplant, cancer or vascular research.
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen, Australian Humanitarian Visa, International
- Study area
- Medicine and Pharmacology, Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Paediatrics and Child Health, Primary, Aboriginal and Rural Health Care, Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, Surgery, Microscopy, Characterisation and Analysis
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- UWA Only
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Scholarship In Structural Biology, The University of Queensland, Australia, 14 days ago
Apply now Job no:498257 Area:Office of Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) Salary (FTE):APA Scholarship NON-BANDED ($25,849.00 - $25,849.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia The ...
Ph D Scholarship – Ironsands Processing, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 28 days ago
Value: Stipend of $25,000 per annum, as well as payment of all university tuition fees. Tenure of award: The scholarship is to be awarded for a period of 3 years. Closing dates for applications: 0...
Fulbright Scholarships, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 24 days ago
Discover a platform for your research on the global stage. Apply for a Fulbright Scholarship. Established in Australia in 1949, the Australian-American Fulbright Commission aims to promote mutual ...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Oncology: Improving Prognostication In Advanced Ovarian Cancer, University of Sydney, Australia, 22 days ago
Funding Body: The University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Oncology: Improving Prognostication in Advanced Ovarian Cancer Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research ...
Arccim Uts Ph D Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 24 days ago
Faculty of Health, Australian Research Centre in Complementary and Integrative Medicine (ARCCIM) The Australian Research Centre in Complementary and Integrative Medicine (ARCCIM) at the University...
Ph D Scholarships In Forensic Gunshot Residue Analysis, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 24 days ago
The School of Chemical and Physical Sciences at Flinders University and the Centre for Forensic Science at the University of Technology, Sydney are seeking TWO high-achieving chemistry or forensic...