- Bachelor of Medical Science Scholarship in Honour of Professor Cecil Lewis [F29783]
- The late Janice Gail Adams (Jan Adams) has bequeathed a sum of money to the University of Western Australia to establish a fund to further research activity within the School of Surgery at The University of Western Australia. The bequest was made in appreciation of the clinical role performed by Emeritus Professor A. K. House during his time as Professor and Head within the UWA Department of Surgery. The established fund provides a scholarship within the Foundation Professors Bachelor of Medical Science Scholarship Program, in honour of the Foundation Professor of Surgery, Professor Cecil Lewis.
The Foundation Professors Bachelor of Medical Science Scholarship Program consists of up to 11 scholarships established to honour the 11 Founding Professors of the Medical School, and to augment research capacity through the Bachelor of Medical Science honours degree. The purpose of the program is to encourage medical students to undertake scientific medical research, to enable them to gain considerable insight into research methods and to assess their personal suitability for future medical research and a career in research and/or academia.
- Payment type
- Semester Installments
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
(1) To be eligible to apply for a scholarship an applicant must be:
enrolled in the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degree course at The University of Western Australia; and
eligible to enrol in the Bachelor of Medical Science honours degree course.
(2) To be eligible to take up the scholarship an applicant must be:
enrolled in the Bachelor of Medical Science honours degree course; and
undertaking a research project relevant to the discipline of Surgery.
(3) Preference is given to eligible applicants whose research project is associated with liver transplant, cancer or vascular research.
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen, Australian Humanitarian Visa, International
- Study area
- Medicine and Pharmacology, Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Paediatrics and Child Health, Primary, Aboriginal and Rural Health Care, Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, Surgery, Microscopy, Characterisation and Analysis
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- UWA Only
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Positions Available In Telecommunications Engineering Sydney, Australia, UNSW, Australia, 26 days ago
The UNSW Australia School of Electrical Engineering and Telecommunications is seeking high quality students to conduct research leading to degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in the area of “Enhan...
Ph D Scholar, The University of Queensland, Australia, 26 days ago
Mater Research Mater Research is a world-class medical research institute based in South Brisbane, Australia. Mater Research has had a presence at Mater hospitals for many years, first establishe...
Ph D Studentship In Computational Modelling Of Single Molecule Dynamics, The University of Queensland, Australia, 20 days ago
Queensland Brain Institute Established in 2003, QBI (http://www.qbi.uq.edu.au) is housed on the St Lucia campus of UQ. It is home to more than 450 staff and students, including 41 group leaders, w...
Ph D Scholarship In Regulatory Safety Advisories On Medicines, University of Sydney, Australia, about 1 month ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: PhD Scholarship in Regulatory Safety Advisories on Medicines Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: The successful schola...
Ph D Scholarships On Water For Equality And Wellbeing, The University of Queensland, Australia, about 1 month ago
Apply now Job no:499302 Area:Global Change Institute Salary (FTE):UQ Scholarship (APA Rate)NON-BANDED ($26,288.00 - $26,288.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia, Brisbane The G...
Ph D Scholarship In Chemistry (Organic Optoelectronics), The University of Queensland, Australia, 27 days ago
Apply now Job no:499312 Area:Faculty of Science Salary (FTE):School Schol (APA Rate) NONBAND ($26,288.00 - $26,288.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia, Brisbane The School of ...