- Bachelor of Medical Science Scholarship in Honour of Professor Cecil Lewis [F29783]
- The late Janice Gail Adams (Jan Adams) has bequeathed a sum of money to the University of Western Australia to establish a fund to further research activity within the School of Surgery at The University of Western Australia. The bequest was made in appreciation of the clinical role performed by Emeritus Professor A. K. House during his time as Professor and Head within the UWA Department of Surgery. The established fund provides a scholarship within the Foundation Professors Bachelor of Medical Science Scholarship Program, in honour of the Foundation Professor of Surgery, Professor Cecil Lewis.
The Foundation Professors Bachelor of Medical Science Scholarship Program consists of up to 11 scholarships established to honour the 11 Founding Professors of the Medical School, and to augment research capacity through the Bachelor of Medical Science honours degree. The purpose of the program is to encourage medical students to undertake scientific medical research, to enable them to gain considerable insight into research methods and to assess their personal suitability for future medical research and a career in research and/or academia.
- Payment type
- Semester Installments
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
(1) To be eligible to apply for a scholarship an applicant must be:
enrolled in the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degree course at The University of Western Australia; and
eligible to enrol in the Bachelor of Medical Science honours degree course.
(2) To be eligible to take up the scholarship an applicant must be:
enrolled in the Bachelor of Medical Science honours degree course; and
undertaking a research project relevant to the discipline of Surgery.
(3) Preference is given to eligible applicants whose research project is associated with liver transplant, cancer or vascular research.
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen, Australian Humanitarian Visa, International
- Study area
- Medicine and Pharmacology, Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Paediatrics and Child Health, Primary, Aboriginal and Rural Health Care, Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, Surgery, Microscopy, Characterisation and Analysis
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- UWA Only
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Scholarship In Stillbirth Diagnostic Testing, The University of Queensland, Australia, 18 days ago
Apply now Job no:498871 Area:Mater Research Institute-UQ Salary (FTE):UQ Scholarship (APA Rate)NON-BANDED ($26,288.00 - $26,288.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: Brisbane PhD Opportu...
Ph D Scholarship, The University of Queensland, Australia, 1 day ago
Apply now Job no:498929 Area:Faculty Of Engineering, Architecture & Info Tech Salary (FTE):Advertised at multiple classifications Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia, Brisbane The...
Ph D Scholarship In Stillbirth Prediction, The University of Queensland, Australia, 18 days ago
Apply now Job no:498872 Area:Mater Research Institute-UQ Salary (FTE):UQ Scholarship (APA Rate)NON-BANDED ($26,288.00 - $26,288.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: Brisbane PhD Opportu...
Marie Curie Early Stage Researcher / Ph D Studentship (Esr3) 51820 , University of Birmingham, United Kingdom, 29 days ago
Full Time/Part Time Full Time Duration of Post Fixed term for a period of 36 months Post is open to: External and internal candidates Grade 7 Salary Salary which will be subject to UK taxation wil...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Physics, University of Sydney, Australia, 12 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Physics Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: A full-time postgraduate scholarship is...
The Sir Robert Menzies Memorial Scholarship In Law And The Sir Ninian Stephen Menzies Scholarship In International Law, University of Sydney, Australia, 26 days ago
Funding Body: Menzies Foundation Title: The Sir Robert Menzies Memorial Scholarship in Law and The Sir Ninian Stephen Menzies Scholarship in International Law Research Areas: Humanities & Social S...