- Bachelor of Medical Science Scholarship in Honour of Professor Cecil Lewis [F29783]
- The late Janice Gail Adams (Jan Adams) has bequeathed a sum of money to the University of Western Australia to establish a fund to further research activity within the School of Surgery at The University of Western Australia. The bequest was made in appreciation of the clinical role performed by Emeritus Professor A. K. House during his time as Professor and Head within the UWA Department of Surgery. The established fund provides a scholarship within the Foundation Professors Bachelor of Medical Science Scholarship Program, in honour of the Foundation Professor of Surgery, Professor Cecil Lewis.
The Foundation Professors Bachelor of Medical Science Scholarship Program consists of up to 11 scholarships established to honour the 11 Founding Professors of the Medical School, and to augment research capacity through the Bachelor of Medical Science honours degree. The purpose of the program is to encourage medical students to undertake scientific medical research, to enable them to gain considerable insight into research methods and to assess their personal suitability for future medical research and a career in research and/or academia.
- Payment type
- Semester Installments
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
(1) To be eligible to apply for a scholarship an applicant must be:
enrolled in the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degree course at The University of Western Australia; and
eligible to enrol in the Bachelor of Medical Science honours degree course.
(2) To be eligible to take up the scholarship an applicant must be:
enrolled in the Bachelor of Medical Science honours degree course; and
undertaking a research project relevant to the discipline of Surgery.
(3) Preference is given to eligible applicants whose research project is associated with liver transplant, cancer or vascular research.
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen, Australian Humanitarian Visa, International
- Study area
- Medicine and Pharmacology, Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Paediatrics and Child Health, Primary, Aboriginal and Rural Health Care, Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, Surgery, Microscopy, Characterisation and Analysis
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- UWA Only
- Currently available
- Application status
Postgraduate Scholarship In Biomarkers In Inflammatory Neuropathies, University of Sydney, Australia, 4 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Biomarkers in Inflammatory Neuropathies Research Areas: Health Sciences; Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Des...
John Monash Scholarships, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 22 days ago
In 2003 the General Sir John Monash Scholarships were launched. Since this time, they have become Australia's most prestigious postgraduate scholarships Which recognise leadership capability, acad...
Your Contact Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 19 days ago
YourContacts is an Australian online supplier for disposable contact lenses and contact lens solutions. They are offering a $1,200 scholarship to undergraduate and postgraduate students undertaki...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Evidence Based Follow Up For Patients With Melanoma, University of Sydney, Australia, 27 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney and Melanoma Institute Australia Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Evidence Based Follow-up for Patients with Melanoma Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Post...
Paradice Honours Year Scholarship Ugca1433, University of New South Wales, Australia, 13 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Honours year students Opens 08/12/2014 Closing Date 28/02/2015 For commencement Semester 1 2015 Value $5,000 2 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year Residency No reside...
2015 Sardi Bursary For Aboriginal Students, University of Sydney, Australia, 4 days ago
Funding Body: South Australian Research and Development Institute (SARDI) Title: 2015 SARDI Bursary for Aboriginal Students Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Description: The South Austr...