- Bachelor of Medical Science Scholarship in Honour of Professor Cecil Lewis [F29783]
- The late Janice Gail Adams (Jan Adams) has bequeathed a sum of money to the University of Western Australia to establish a fund to further research activity within the School of Surgery at The University of Western Australia. The bequest was made in appreciation of the clinical role performed by Emeritus Professor A. K. House during his time as Professor and Head within the UWA Department of Surgery. The established fund provides a scholarship within the Foundation Professors Bachelor of Medical Science Scholarship Program, in honour of the Foundation Professor of Surgery, Professor Cecil Lewis.
The Foundation Professors Bachelor of Medical Science Scholarship Program consists of up to 11 scholarships established to honour the 11 Founding Professors of the Medical School, and to augment research capacity through the Bachelor of Medical Science honours degree. The purpose of the program is to encourage medical students to undertake scientific medical research, to enable them to gain considerable insight into research methods and to assess their personal suitability for future medical research and a career in research and/or academia.
- Payment type
- Semester Installments
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
(1) To be eligible to apply for a scholarship an applicant must be:
enrolled in the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degree course at The University of Western Australia; and
eligible to enrol in the Bachelor of Medical Science honours degree course.
(2) To be eligible to take up the scholarship an applicant must be:
enrolled in the Bachelor of Medical Science honours degree course; and
undertaking a research project relevant to the discipline of Surgery.
(3) Preference is given to eligible applicants whose research project is associated with liver transplant, cancer or vascular research.
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen, Australian Humanitarian Visa, International
- Study area
- Medicine and Pharmacology, Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Paediatrics and Child Health, Primary, Aboriginal and Rural Health Care, Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, Surgery, Microscopy, Characterisation and Analysis
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- UWA Only
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Scholarship Evaluation Of The Cost Effectiveness Of Orientation And Mobility Services For People With Blindness And Low Vision, University of Sydney, Australia, 5 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: PhD Scholarship- Evaluation of the cost effectiveness of orientation and mobility services for people with blindness and low vision Research Areas: Health...
Telerehabilitation In Bus Hkids Ph D Scholarship, The University of Queensland, Australia, 9 days ago
Apply now Job no:498491 Area:Faculty of Health and Behavioural Sciences Salary (FTE):School Schol (APA Rate) NONBAND ($26,288.00 - $26,288.00) Work type:Full Time - Fixed Term Location: St Lucia, ...
Ph D Fellow In Ergogenic Substances And Doping, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 9 days ago
The Department of Nutrition, Exercise and Sports invites applications for a Ph.D. scholarship. The candidate must hold a medical doctor degree and will work in the areas of integrative physiology,...
Ph D Scholarship, The University of Queensland, Australia, 29 days ago
Apply now Job no:498465 Area:Faculty Of Engineering, Architecture & Info Tech Salary (FTE):APA Scholarship NON-BANDED ($26,288.00 - $26,288.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia...
Ph D Scholarship, The University of Queensland, Australia, 25 days ago
Apply now Job no:498437 Area:Faculty Of Engineering, Architecture & Info Tech Salary (FTE):Research Scholar BAND Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia, Brisbane The School of Chemic...
Ph D Scholarships In Vision Sciences, Discipline Of Orthoptics, Graduate School Of Health, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 11 days ago
Two fulltime PhD Scholarships are available for suitably qualified prospective PhD candidates in the Vision Science laboratory within the Graduate School of Health (Orthoptics Discipline). <="" p=...