- Bachelor of Medical Science Scholarship in Honour of Professor Cecil Lewis [F29783]
- The late Janice Gail Adams (Jan Adams) has bequeathed a sum of money to the University of Western Australia to establish a fund to further research activity within the School of Surgery at The University of Western Australia. The bequest was made in appreciation of the clinical role performed by Emeritus Professor A. K. House during his time as Professor and Head within the UWA Department of Surgery. The established fund provides a scholarship within the Foundation Professors Bachelor of Medical Science Scholarship Program, in honour of the Foundation Professor of Surgery, Professor Cecil Lewis.
The Foundation Professors Bachelor of Medical Science Scholarship Program consists of up to 11 scholarships established to honour the 11 Founding Professors of the Medical School, and to augment research capacity through the Bachelor of Medical Science honours degree. The purpose of the program is to encourage medical students to undertake scientific medical research, to enable them to gain considerable insight into research methods and to assess their personal suitability for future medical research and a career in research and/or academia.
- Payment type
- Semester Installments
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
(1) To be eligible to apply for a scholarship an applicant must be:
enrolled in the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degree course at The University of Western Australia; and
eligible to enrol in the Bachelor of Medical Science honours degree course.
(2) To be eligible to take up the scholarship an applicant must be:
enrolled in the Bachelor of Medical Science honours degree course; and
undertaking a research project relevant to the discipline of Surgery.
(3) Preference is given to eligible applicants whose research project is associated with liver transplant, cancer or vascular research.
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen, Australian Humanitarian Visa, International
- Study area
- Medicine and Pharmacology, Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Paediatrics and Child Health, Primary, Aboriginal and Rural Health Care, Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, Surgery, Microscopy, Characterisation and Analysis
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- UWA Only
- Currently available
- Application status
Expression Of Interest For Ph D Candidates, The University of Queensland, Australia, 20 days ago
Apply now Job no:499558 Area:Faculty Of Engineering, Architecture & Info Tech Salary (FTE):UQ Scholarship (APA Rate)NON-BANDED ($26,288.00 - $26,288.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location:...
Rowe Scientific Chemistry Scholarship, University of Southern Queensland, Australia, 18 days ago
In 2017, USQ will offer one Rowe Scientific Chemistry Scholarship. Rowe Scientific Pty Ltd has been supplying the scientific community and laboratories with science-focused equipment and services ...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Future Grids, University of Sydney, Australia, 5 days ago
Funding Body: CSIRO/ARC Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Future Grids Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: A postgraduate research scholarship is availa...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Future Grids, University of Sydney, Australia, 3 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Future Grids Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: A postgraduate research scholarshi...
Qbi Ph D In Neuroscience, The University of Queensland, Australia, 11 days ago
Apply now Job no:499583 Area:Queensland Brain Institute Salary (FTE):APA Scholarship NON-BANDED ($26,288.00 - $26,288.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia, Brisbane Queensland ...
Greenwood Tomkys Fund Honours Scholarship In Oncology, University of Southern Queensland, Australia, 4 days ago
In 2017, USQ will offer one Greenwood-Tomkys Fund Honours Scholarship in Oncology . The Greenwood-Tomkys Fund has been established through the Estate of the late Betty Greenwood and in conjunction...