- Bachelor of Medical Science Scholarship in Honour of Professor Cecil Lewis [F29783]
- The late Janice Gail Adams (Jan Adams) has bequeathed a sum of money to the University of Western Australia to establish a fund to further research activity within the School of Surgery at The University of Western Australia. The bequest was made in appreciation of the clinical role performed by Emeritus Professor A. K. House during his time as Professor and Head within the UWA Department of Surgery. The established fund provides a scholarship within the Foundation Professors Bachelor of Medical Science Scholarship Program, in honour of the Foundation Professor of Surgery, Professor Cecil Lewis.
The Foundation Professors Bachelor of Medical Science Scholarship Program consists of up to 11 scholarships established to honour the 11 Founding Professors of the Medical School, and to augment research capacity through the Bachelor of Medical Science honours degree. The purpose of the program is to encourage medical students to undertake scientific medical research, to enable them to gain considerable insight into research methods and to assess their personal suitability for future medical research and a career in research and/or academia.
- Payment type
- Semester Installments
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
(1) To be eligible to apply for a scholarship an applicant must be:
enrolled in the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degree course at The University of Western Australia; and
eligible to enrol in the Bachelor of Medical Science honours degree course.
(2) To be eligible to take up the scholarship an applicant must be:
enrolled in the Bachelor of Medical Science honours degree course; and
undertaking a research project relevant to the discipline of Surgery.
(3) Preference is given to eligible applicants whose research project is associated with liver transplant, cancer or vascular research.
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen, Australian Humanitarian Visa, International
- Study area
- Medicine and Pharmacology, Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Paediatrics and Child Health, Primary, Aboriginal and Rural Health Care, Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, Surgery, Microscopy, Characterisation and Analysis
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- UWA Only
- Currently available
- Application status
Anu Honours Scholarship, Australian National University, Australia, 5 days ago
About this scholarship ANU Honours Scholarship ANU offers 15 ANU Honours Scholarships of $5,000 per year to both internal and external, Domestic and International students to aid students with the...
Postgraduate Scholarship On The Nature & Significance Of T Lymphocyte Reactivity Against Orbital Antigens In Graves Ophthalmopathy, University of Sydney, Australia, 13 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship on the Nature & Significance of T lymphocyte Reactivity Against Orbital Antigens in Graves Ophthalmopathy Research Areas: Health ...
Hedi Szasz Scholarship, University of Western Australia, Australia, 5 days ago
About this scholarship Hedi Szasz Scholarship The Hedi Szasz Scholarship Fund provides up to 2 scholarships each year to encourage and assist full-time students to complete a single degree course ...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Tactile And Crossmodal Perception, University of Sydney, Australia, 28 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Tactile and Crossmodal Perception Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: A full-time p...
(Henry Halloran Trust) Urban Housing Lab@Sydney Ph D Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia, 13 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: (Henry Halloran Trust) Urban Housing Lab@Sydney PhD Scholarship Research Areas: Humanities & Social Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: A PhD...
Marine Microbe Ph D Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 13 days ago
Marine microbes are key players in a range of important ecosystem functions. This project will be part of a large collaborative research team involving marine microbial ecologists from across Aust...