- Bachelor of Medical Science Scholarship in Honour of Professor Cecil Lewis [F29783]
- The late Janice Gail Adams (Jan Adams) has bequeathed a sum of money to the University of Western Australia to establish a fund to further research activity within the School of Surgery at The University of Western Australia. The bequest was made in appreciation of the clinical role performed by Emeritus Professor A. K. House during his time as Professor and Head within the UWA Department of Surgery. The established fund provides a scholarship within the Foundation Professors Bachelor of Medical Science Scholarship Program, in honour of the Foundation Professor of Surgery, Professor Cecil Lewis.
The Foundation Professors Bachelor of Medical Science Scholarship Program consists of up to 11 scholarships established to honour the 11 Founding Professors of the Medical School, and to augment research capacity through the Bachelor of Medical Science honours degree. The purpose of the program is to encourage medical students to undertake scientific medical research, to enable them to gain considerable insight into research methods and to assess their personal suitability for future medical research and a career in research and/or academia.
- Payment type
- Semester Installments
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
(1) To be eligible to apply for a scholarship an applicant must be:
enrolled in the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degree course at The University of Western Australia; and
eligible to enrol in the Bachelor of Medical Science honours degree course.
(2) To be eligible to take up the scholarship an applicant must be:
enrolled in the Bachelor of Medical Science honours degree course; and
undertaking a research project relevant to the discipline of Surgery.
(3) Preference is given to eligible applicants whose research project is associated with liver transplant, cancer or vascular research.
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen, Australian Humanitarian Visa, International
- Study area
- Medicine and Pharmacology, Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Paediatrics and Child Health, Primary, Aboriginal and Rural Health Care, Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, Surgery, Microscopy, Characterisation and Analysis
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- UWA Only
- Currently available
- Application status
New Holland Scholarship Australia , Grant Finder, Netherlands, 5 days ago
To celebrate the first recorded European landing on Western Australian soil by the Dutch explorer Dirk Hartog 400 years ago, the Dutch government has initiated and finances the NHS-Australia in c...
Ph D Scholarships On Water For Equality And Wellbeing, The University of Queensland, Australia, 2 days ago
The Global Change Institute The University of Queensland has established the Global Change Institute to provide leadership, engagement and advocacy in the area of global change, and to harness the...
Ph D Scholarship In Regulatory Safety Advisories On Medicines, University of Sydney, Australia, 2 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: PhD Scholarship in Regulatory Safety Advisories on Medicines Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: The successful schola...
Ph D Studentship: Synovial Fluid Lubrication Of Natural And Artificial Joints, University of Southampton, United Kingdom, 16 days ago
Job posted by Global Academy Jobs (13/07/2016 00.45) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Rese...
Ph D Studentship: Synovial Fluid Lubrication Of Natural And Artificial Joints, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, 22 days ago
nCATS Group Location: Highfield Campus Closing Date: Friday 07 July 2017 Reference: 755716BX Project Reference: EngSci-nCATS-120 Project Theme: Materials & Surface Engineering, Bioengineering & H...
Ph D Scholarship, The University of Queensland, Australia, 15 days ago
PHD SCHOLARSHIP The School of Civil Engineering at The University of Queensland (Brisbane, Australia) is offering PhD scholarships for motivated students to contribute to research being undertaken...