- Bachelor of Medical Science Scholarship in Honour of Professor Cecil Lewis [F29783]
- The late Janice Gail Adams (Jan Adams) has bequeathed a sum of money to the University of Western Australia to establish a fund to further research activity within the School of Surgery at The University of Western Australia. The bequest was made in appreciation of the clinical role performed by Emeritus Professor A. K. House during his time as Professor and Head within the UWA Department of Surgery. The established fund provides a scholarship within the Foundation Professors Bachelor of Medical Science Scholarship Program, in honour of the Foundation Professor of Surgery, Professor Cecil Lewis.
The Foundation Professors Bachelor of Medical Science Scholarship Program consists of up to 11 scholarships established to honour the 11 Founding Professors of the Medical School, and to augment research capacity through the Bachelor of Medical Science honours degree. The purpose of the program is to encourage medical students to undertake scientific medical research, to enable them to gain considerable insight into research methods and to assess their personal suitability for future medical research and a career in research and/or academia.
- Payment type
- Semester Installments
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
(1) To be eligible to apply for a scholarship an applicant must be:
enrolled in the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degree course at The University of Western Australia; and
eligible to enrol in the Bachelor of Medical Science honours degree course.
(2) To be eligible to take up the scholarship an applicant must be:
enrolled in the Bachelor of Medical Science honours degree course; and
undertaking a research project relevant to the discipline of Surgery.
(3) Preference is given to eligible applicants whose research project is associated with liver transplant, cancer or vascular research.
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen, Australian Humanitarian Visa, International
- Study area
- Medicine and Pharmacology, Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Paediatrics and Child Health, Primary, Aboriginal and Rural Health Care, Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, Surgery, Microscopy, Characterisation and Analysis
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- UWA Only
- Currently available
- Application status
Sonja Huddle Memorial Scholarship Ugca1079, University of New South Wales, Australia, 25 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Honours year students Opens 01/10/2014 Closing Date 28/02/2015 For commencement Semester 1 2015 Value $3,500 1 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year Residency Aus Citiz...
Brother Vincent Cotter Honours Award In Physics Ugca1012, University of New South Wales, Australia, 25 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Honours year students Opens 01/10/2014 Closing Date 28/02/2015 For commencement Semester 1 2015 Value $2,300 1 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year Residency Aus Citiz...
Australian Centre Of Excellence For Local Government (Acelg) Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 10 days ago
Funded by the Australian Centre of Excellence for Local Government (ACELG), this Scholarship is open to commencing Australian domestic or international students who are intending to undertake a Ph...
Freemasons Foundation Inc. :Trevor Prescott Memorial Scholarship, Flinders University, Australia, 12 days ago
Opening Date: 04-05-2015 Closing Date: 30-06-2015 DESCRIPTION The Freemasons Foundation Inc. has established through its Special Projects Fund, a scholarship scheme to commemorate the contribution...
Postgraduate Scholarship Investigating Consequences Of Sweet Drink Consumption, University of Sydney, Australia, 25 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship Investigating Consequences of Sweet Drink Consumption Research Areas: Health Sciences; Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate R...
Nhmrc Cre Ph D Scholarship In Prospective Studies Of Cancer Risk, University of Sydney, Australia, 5 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: NHMRC CRE PhD Scholarship in Prospective Studies of Cancer Risk Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: A full-time postgr...