- Attraction Scholarship in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics
- The Western Australian Department of Health has established a scholarship fund for the purpose of attracting students with a strong desire to develop a career in radiation oncology medical physics. The demand for medical physicists specializing in radiation oncology is exceeding supply in Western Australia as the government seeks to expand cancer treatment services in the State. Through the award of the Attraction Scholarship in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics, the Department of Health is seeking to encourage suitable applicants to apply for the MSc (Medical Physics) course in the Faculty of Science to commence a radiation oncology medical physics research project and associated coursework in 2013. The scholarship is administered in accordance with the following conditions.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- eligible to enroll or be enrolled as a full-time student in the MSc (Medical Physics) course(see http://www.science.uwa.edu.au/courses/postgrad/coursework/medphysics for admission requirement into this course) at the University by the date of commencement of the scholarship;
- agree to undertake an appropriate radiation oncology medical physics research project as determined by the School of Physics
- be able to provide a current National Police Certificate
The scholarships are awarded to the applicants who, in the opinion of the selection committee, best demonstrate:
academic excellence as evidenced by their academic records;
a demonstrated interest and aptitude for medical physics, as evidenced in their curriculum vitae, other application documentation, or through an interview;
- A completed Application for Postgraduate Study (Form PG-AP1)
- A completed Supplementary Form for Graduate Research (Form PG-AP2) NB: for Question R2.2 it is sufficient to enter Radiation oncology medical physics. Research project details will be finalized before enrolment.
- A full curriculum vitae including any evidence of your research background
- A statement of at least 250 words describing why you would like to pursue a career in radiation oncology medical physics.
- A National Police Clearance Certificate
All forms and attachments to be submitted to Vicki Falcetta in the Science Student Office, M083, 35 Stirling Highway, CRAWLEY, Western Australia 6009, by 5pm Friday 18th January, 2012.
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Arccim Uts Ph D Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 2 days ago
Faculty of Health, Australian Research Centre in Complementary and Integrative Medicine (ARCCIM) The Australian Research Centre in Complementary and Integrative Medicine (ARCCIM) at the University...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Physics, University of Sydney, Australia, 14 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Physics Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: A full-time postgraduate scholarship is...
University Of South Australia (Unisa) :Aborigines Advancement League Grants, Flinders University, Australia, 9 days ago
Opening Date: 01-02-2015 Closing Date: 31-03-2015 DESCRIPTION Study Grants are available for Australian Indigenous and Torres Strait Islander students of the University of South Australia and Flin...
Ph D Student, Ghent University, Netherlands, 20 days ago
Job description Joint SCK•CEN & Ghent University PhD project: The work will be executed partly at SCK•CEN (Radiobiology Unit, Molecular and Cellular Biology Expert Group, Institute for Environment...
Cudos Postgraduate Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia, 14 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: CUDOS Postgraduate Scholarship Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: A full-time postgraduate scholarship is avai...
Inspiring Minds Equity Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 4 days ago
ECU is committed to attracting and supporting the best students, regardless of their socio-economic status. In order that financial position provides no barrier to those who want to study we want ...