- Attraction Scholarship in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics
- The Western Australian Department of Health has established a scholarship fund for the purpose of attracting students with a strong desire to develop a career in radiation oncology medical physics. The demand for medical physicists specializing in radiation oncology is exceeding supply in Western Australia as the government seeks to expand cancer treatment services in the State. Through the award of the Attraction Scholarship in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics, the Department of Health is seeking to encourage suitable applicants to apply for the MSc (Medical Physics) course in the Faculty of Science to commence a radiation oncology medical physics research project and associated coursework in 2013. The scholarship is administered in accordance with the following conditions.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- eligible to enroll or be enrolled as a full-time student in the MSc (Medical Physics) course(see http://www.science.uwa.edu.au/courses/postgrad/coursework/medphysics for admission requirement into this course) at the University by the date of commencement of the scholarship;
- agree to undertake an appropriate radiation oncology medical physics research project as determined by the School of Physics
- be able to provide a current National Police Certificate
The scholarships are awarded to the applicants who, in the opinion of the selection committee, best demonstrate:
academic excellence as evidenced by their academic records;
a demonstrated interest and aptitude for medical physics, as evidenced in their curriculum vitae, other application documentation, or through an interview;
- A completed Application for Postgraduate Study (Form PG-AP1)
- A completed Supplementary Form for Graduate Research (Form PG-AP2) NB: for Question R2.2 it is sufficient to enter Radiation oncology medical physics. Research project details will be finalized before enrolment.
- A full curriculum vitae including any evidence of your research background
- A statement of at least 250 words describing why you would like to pursue a career in radiation oncology medical physics.
- A National Police Clearance Certificate
All forms and attachments to be submitted to Vicki Falcetta in the Science Student Office, M083, 35 Stirling Highway, CRAWLEY, Western Australia 6009, by 5pm Friday 18th January, 2012.
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Scholarship In Clinical Medical Physics, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 13 days ago
Niels Bohr Institute, Faculty of Science at University of Copenhagen and The department of Oncology, section of radiotherapy, Rigshospitalet is offering a PhD scholarship in Clinical Medical Physi...
Michelle Zalkin Scholarship , University College London, United Kingdom, 29 days ago
Paediatrics & Child Health MSc, PG Diploma & PG Certificate Programme Directors: Dr Helen Bedford and Dr Paul Winyard Course video or banner type image Degree Outline Module list Entry Fees MSc in...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Digital Breast Tomosynthesis (3 D Mammography) In Population Cancer Screening, University of Sydney, Australia, 17 days ago
Funding Body: The University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Digital Breast Tomosynthesis (3D-mammography) in Population Cancer Screening Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgrad...
H&R Society Trust Uts Access Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, about 1 month ago
The Scholarship has been established to support up to two (2) commencing undergraduate UTS students who demonstrate financial need or other educational disadvantage(s). Please read the Conditions...
Ph D Scholarship In The Uq Rt Bauxite And Alumina Technology Centre, The University of Queensland, Australia, 21 days ago
Apply now Job no:497954 Area:Faculty Of Engineering, Architecture & Info Tech Salary (FTE):Advertised at multiple classifications Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia, Brisbane The...
Brother Vincent Cotter Honours Award In Physics Ugca1012, University of New South Wales, Australia, 8 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Honours year students Opens 01/10/2015 Closing Date 28/02/2016 For commencement Semester 1 2016 Value $2,300 1 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year Residency Aus Citiz...