- Attraction Scholarship in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics
- The Western Australian Department of Health has established a scholarship fund for the purpose of attracting students with a strong desire to develop a career in radiation oncology medical physics. The demand for medical physicists specializing in radiation oncology is exceeding supply in Western Australia as the government seeks to expand cancer treatment services in the State. Through the award of the Attraction Scholarship in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics, the Department of Health is seeking to encourage suitable applicants to apply for the MSc (Medical Physics) course in the Faculty of Science to commence a radiation oncology medical physics research project and associated coursework in 2013. The scholarship is administered in accordance with the following conditions.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- eligible to enroll or be enrolled as a full-time student in the MSc (Medical Physics) course(see http://www.science.uwa.edu.au/courses/postgrad/coursework/medphysics for admission requirement into this course) at the University by the date of commencement of the scholarship;
- agree to undertake an appropriate radiation oncology medical physics research project as determined by the School of Physics
- be able to provide a current National Police Certificate
The scholarships are awarded to the applicants who, in the opinion of the selection committee, best demonstrate:
academic excellence as evidenced by their academic records;
a demonstrated interest and aptitude for medical physics, as evidenced in their curriculum vitae, other application documentation, or through an interview;
- A completed Application for Postgraduate Study (Form PG-AP1)
- A completed Supplementary Form for Graduate Research (Form PG-AP2) NB: for Question R2.2 it is sufficient to enter Radiation oncology medical physics. Research project details will be finalized before enrolment.
- A full curriculum vitae including any evidence of your research background
- A statement of at least 250 words describing why you would like to pursue a career in radiation oncology medical physics.
- A National Police Clearance Certificate
All forms and attachments to be submitted to Vicki Falcetta in the Science Student Office, M083, 35 Stirling Highway, CRAWLEY, Western Australia 6009, by 5pm Friday 18th January, 2012.
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Bhp Billiton Scholarship (Ucl Australia) , University College London, United Kingdom, 25 days ago
PhD Introduction Entry Requirements Tuition Fees Applications Scholarships and Finance Introduction UCL Australia offers a PhD programme (CRICOS Code: 068148G) that provides opportunities for mult...
John Monash Scholarship, RMIT University, Australia, 23 days ago
Level 1, Bennelong House, 9 Queen ST, Melbourne, VIC, Australia. info@JOHNMONASH.COM (613) 9620 2428 Home Home About Foundation Scholar Alumni Sponsors Applicants News and Events John Monash Conta...
Caloundra Rsl Sub Branch Scholarship, University of the Sunshine Coast, Australia, 19 days ago
The USC experience Undergraduate (my first degree) Postgraduate coursework Research students International students Courses and programs Student support How do I apply? How do I enrol? How do I pa...
Caloundra Rsl Sub Branch Scholarship, University of the Sunshine Coast, Australia, 4 days ago
The USC experience Undergraduate (my first degree) Postgraduate coursework Research students International students Courses and programs Student support How do I apply? How do I enrol? What will I...
Australian Grape & Wine Authority Scholarships, Australian National University, Australia, 26 days ago
Overview The Australian Grape and Wine Authority (AGWA) is accepting applications until Friday 7 November 2014 for PhD, Masters and Honours scholarships to commence in 2015. AGWA’s commitment to a...
Menzies Scholarships To Harvard, Australian National University, Australia, 26 days ago
Overview Sponsored by The Harvard Club of Australia, The Menzies Foundation and The Australian National University. The Robert Gordon Menzies Scholarships to Harvard are Australia's most prestigio...