- Attraction Scholarship in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics
- The Western Australian Department of Health has established a scholarship fund for the purpose of attracting students with a strong desire to develop a career in radiation oncology medical physics. The demand for medical physicists specializing in radiation oncology is exceeding supply in Western Australia as the government seeks to expand cancer treatment services in the State. Through the award of the Attraction Scholarship in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics, the Department of Health is seeking to encourage suitable applicants to apply for the MSc (Medical Physics) course in the Faculty of Science to commence a radiation oncology medical physics research project and associated coursework in 2013. The scholarship is administered in accordance with the following conditions.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- eligible to enroll or be enrolled as a full-time student in the MSc (Medical Physics) course(see http://www.science.uwa.edu.au/courses/postgrad/coursework/medphysics for admission requirement into this course) at the University by the date of commencement of the scholarship;
- agree to undertake an appropriate radiation oncology medical physics research project as determined by the School of Physics
- be able to provide a current National Police Certificate
The scholarships are awarded to the applicants who, in the opinion of the selection committee, best demonstrate:
academic excellence as evidenced by their academic records;
a demonstrated interest and aptitude for medical physics, as evidenced in their curriculum vitae, other application documentation, or through an interview;
- A completed Application for Postgraduate Study (Form PG-AP1)
- A completed Supplementary Form for Graduate Research (Form PG-AP2) NB: for Question R2.2 it is sufficient to enter Radiation oncology medical physics. Research project details will be finalized before enrolment.
- A full curriculum vitae including any evidence of your research background
- A statement of at least 250 words describing why you would like to pursue a career in radiation oncology medical physics.
- A National Police Clearance Certificate
All forms and attachments to be submitted to Vicki Falcetta in the Science Student Office, M083, 35 Stirling Highway, CRAWLEY, Western Australia 6009, by 5pm Friday 18th January, 2012.
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Studentship: Photoresponsive Nanocomposite Coatings For Anti Laser Dazzling In Aviation Safety, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, about 12 hours ago
Engineering & the Environment Location: Highfield Campus Closing Date: Friday 11 May 2018 Reference: 870217F2 Project Reference: EngSci-BIO-309 Laser attacks penetrating aircraft windshields at pi...
Ph D Scholarship In Circuits Neuroscience, The University of Queensland, Australia, 12 days ago
Apply now Job no:500548 Area:Faculty of Medicine Salary (FTE):Research Scholar BAND Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia The School of Biomedical Sciences at The University of Quee...
Ph D Position In Nano Biophotonics For Light Robotics, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 21 hours ago
Apply no later than 15 June 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Fotonik by completing the following form. Apply online Center for Biopharmaceuticals and Biobarriers in Drug Delivery Novo Nordisk Foundat...
Usq Health Economics Ph D Scholarship, University of Southern Queensland, Australia, about 18 hours ago
The School of Commerce at the University of Southern Queensland (USQ), Australia is offering two USQ Research Training Program (RTP), Health Economics PhD scholarships to carry out research that w...
Ph D Studentship In Neurodegeneration, The University of Queensland, Australia, about 2 hours ago
Apply now Job no:500647 Area:Queensland Brain Institute Salary (FTE):School Schol (APA Rate) NONBAND ($26,682.00 - $26,682.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia, Brisbane Queens...
Ph D Scholarship In Equine Fertility Research, University of Sydney, Australia, about 4 hours ago
Funding Body: ARC Title: PhD Scholarship in Equine Fertility Research Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: This PhD scholarship was established in May 201...