- Attraction Scholarship in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics
- The Western Australian Department of Health has established a scholarship fund for the purpose of attracting students with a strong desire to develop a career in radiation oncology medical physics. The demand for medical physicists specializing in radiation oncology is exceeding supply in Western Australia as the government seeks to expand cancer treatment services in the State. Through the award of the Attraction Scholarship in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics, the Department of Health is seeking to encourage suitable applicants to apply for the MSc (Medical Physics) course in the Faculty of Science to commence a radiation oncology medical physics research project and associated coursework in 2013. The scholarship is administered in accordance with the following conditions.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- eligible to enroll or be enrolled as a full-time student in the MSc (Medical Physics) course(see http://www.science.uwa.edu.au/courses/postgrad/coursework/medphysics for admission requirement into this course) at the University by the date of commencement of the scholarship;
- agree to undertake an appropriate radiation oncology medical physics research project as determined by the School of Physics
- be able to provide a current National Police Certificate
The scholarships are awarded to the applicants who, in the opinion of the selection committee, best demonstrate:
academic excellence as evidenced by their academic records;
a demonstrated interest and aptitude for medical physics, as evidenced in their curriculum vitae, other application documentation, or through an interview;
- A completed Application for Postgraduate Study (Form PG-AP1)
- A completed Supplementary Form for Graduate Research (Form PG-AP2) NB: for Question R2.2 it is sufficient to enter Radiation oncology medical physics. Research project details will be finalized before enrolment.
- A full curriculum vitae including any evidence of your research background
- A statement of at least 250 words describing why you would like to pursue a career in radiation oncology medical physics.
- A National Police Clearance Certificate
All forms and attachments to be submitted to Vicki Falcetta in the Science Student Office, M083, 35 Stirling Highway, CRAWLEY, Western Australia 6009, by 5pm Friday 18th January, 2012.
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Greenwood Tomkys Fund Honours Scholarship In Oncology, University of Southern Queensland, Australia, 7 days ago
In 2017, USQ will offer one Greenwood-Tomkys Fund Honours Scholarship in Oncology . The Greenwood-Tomkys Fund has been established through the Estate of the late Betty Greenwood and in conjunction...
Expression Of Interest For Ph D Candidates, The University of Queensland, Australia, 23 days ago
Apply now Job no:499558 Area:Faculty Of Engineering, Architecture & Info Tech Salary (FTE):UQ Scholarship (APA Rate)NON-BANDED ($26,288.00 - $26,288.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location:...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Economic Theory, University of Sydney, Australia, 5 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Economic Theory Research Areas: Humanities & Social Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: The candidate will theo...
Ph D Scholarship: Interactions Between Leukemic Stem Cells And Their Environment, The University of Queensland, Australia, 13 days ago
Apply now Job no:499588 Area:UQ Diamantina Institute Salary (FTE):APA Scholarship NON-BANDED ($26,288.00 - $26,288.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: Brisbane PhD Scholarship: Interac...
Ph D Studentship/Calibration Phantoms For Optical Coherence Tomography, Aston University, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
View All Vacancies Engineering and Applied Science - Studentships Contract Type: Fixed Term Basis: Full Time Closing Date: Monday 14 November 2016 Interview Date: To be confirmed Reference: R160...
Ph D Scholarship Funded By Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (Nda) On Automated Visual Detection Of Plant Anomalies, University of Surrey, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
View All Vacancies Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering Location: Guildford Post Type: Full Time Advert Placed: Thursday 20 October 2016 Closing Date: Thursday 10 November 2016 In...