- Attraction Scholarship in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics
- The Western Australian Department of Health has established a scholarship fund for the purpose of attracting students with a strong desire to develop a career in radiation oncology medical physics. The demand for medical physicists specializing in radiation oncology is exceeding supply in Western Australia as the government seeks to expand cancer treatment services in the State. Through the award of the Attraction Scholarship in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics, the Department of Health is seeking to encourage suitable applicants to apply for the MSc (Medical Physics) course in the Faculty of Science to commence a radiation oncology medical physics research project and associated coursework in 2013. The scholarship is administered in accordance with the following conditions.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- eligible to enroll or be enrolled as a full-time student in the MSc (Medical Physics) course(see http://www.science.uwa.edu.au/courses/postgrad/coursework/medphysics for admission requirement into this course) at the University by the date of commencement of the scholarship;
- agree to undertake an appropriate radiation oncology medical physics research project as determined by the School of Physics
- be able to provide a current National Police Certificate
The scholarships are awarded to the applicants who, in the opinion of the selection committee, best demonstrate:
academic excellence as evidenced by their academic records;
a demonstrated interest and aptitude for medical physics, as evidenced in their curriculum vitae, other application documentation, or through an interview;
- A completed Application for Postgraduate Study (Form PG-AP1)
- A completed Supplementary Form for Graduate Research (Form PG-AP2) NB: for Question R2.2 it is sufficient to enter Radiation oncology medical physics. Research project details will be finalized before enrolment.
- A full curriculum vitae including any evidence of your research background
- A statement of at least 250 words describing why you would like to pursue a career in radiation oncology medical physics.
- A National Police Clearance Certificate
All forms and attachments to be submitted to Vicki Falcetta in the Science Student Office, M083, 35 Stirling Highway, CRAWLEY, Western Australia 6009, by 5pm Friday 18th January, 2012.
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Nsw Health Ph D Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia, 18 days ago
Funding Body: NSW Health Title: NSW Health PhD Scholarship Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: The NSW Health PhD Scholarships Program provides funding to host ...
Indigenous Access Scholarships (Ias), University of Southern Queensland, Australia, 8 days ago
Due to changes in funding guidelines for the Commonwealth Indigenous Scholarships, the scholarships that USQ offers in 2017 will be different from previous years. Applications will open late Janua...
Ph D Scholarship Funded By Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (Nda) On Automated Visual Detection Of Plant Anomalies, University of Surrey, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
View All Vacancies Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering Location: Guildford Post Type: Full Time Advert Placed: Tuesday 17 January 2017 Closing Date: Thursday 16 February 2017 Int...
Ph D Studentship Terahertz Spectroscopy/Imaging For Monitoring Realtime Transport In Catalyst Materials (Fixed Term), University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
A 4-year, fully funded PhD studentship (EPSRC iCASE award with Johnson Matthey) is available in the Terahertz Applications Group working with Dr Axel Zeitler on Terahertz spectroscopy/imaging for ...
Fundraising Institute Of Australia Conference National Scholarship 2017, Australian Scholarships Foundation, Australia, 14 days ago
Scholarship Overview A scholarship will be provided to one member from each state and territory (8 total) to attend the 2017 FIA Conference in the Gold Coast. The scholarship covers the cost of a ...
Ph D Scholarship In Bearing Modelling, The University of Queensland, Australia, about 11 hours ago
Apply now Job no:500076 Area:Faculty Of Engineering, Architecture & Info Tech Salary (FTE):APA Scholarship NON-BANDED ($26,682.00 - $26,682.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia...