- Attraction Scholarship in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics
- The Western Australian Department of Health has established a scholarship fund for the purpose of attracting students with a strong desire to develop a career in radiation oncology medical physics. The demand for medical physicists specializing in radiation oncology is exceeding supply in Western Australia as the government seeks to expand cancer treatment services in the State. Through the award of the Attraction Scholarship in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics, the Department of Health is seeking to encourage suitable applicants to apply for the MSc (Medical Physics) course in the Faculty of Science to commence a radiation oncology medical physics research project and associated coursework in 2013. The scholarship is administered in accordance with the following conditions.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- eligible to enroll or be enrolled as a full-time student in the MSc (Medical Physics) course(see http://www.science.uwa.edu.au/courses/postgrad/coursework/medphysics for admission requirement into this course) at the University by the date of commencement of the scholarship;
- agree to undertake an appropriate radiation oncology medical physics research project as determined by the School of Physics
- be able to provide a current National Police Certificate
The scholarships are awarded to the applicants who, in the opinion of the selection committee, best demonstrate:
academic excellence as evidenced by their academic records;
a demonstrated interest and aptitude for medical physics, as evidenced in their curriculum vitae, other application documentation, or through an interview;
- A completed Application for Postgraduate Study (Form PG-AP1)
- A completed Supplementary Form for Graduate Research (Form PG-AP2) NB: for Question R2.2 it is sufficient to enter Radiation oncology medical physics. Research project details will be finalized before enrolment.
- A full curriculum vitae including any evidence of your research background
- A statement of at least 250 words describing why you would like to pursue a career in radiation oncology medical physics.
- A National Police Clearance Certificate
All forms and attachments to be submitted to Vicki Falcetta in the Science Student Office, M083, 35 Stirling Highway, CRAWLEY, Western Australia 6009, by 5pm Friday 18th January, 2012.
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Tura New Music Ph D Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 7 days ago
This project will gather qualitative and quantative data on audience response to and engagement with music programs in metropolitan and regional Western Australia. The aim is to better understan...
Teaching Fellowships For Law Phd Candidates, University of Melbourne, Australia, 21 days ago
About Melbourne Law School Salary: Anticipated at $8,900 - $16,000 p.a. plus 9.5% superannuation (based on rates of payment for Casual Academic Staff) Melbourne Law School (MLS) is Australia's fir...
Lgbtiq Pinnacle Foundation Scholarships, RMIT University, Australia, 16 days ago
Scholarships will be provided for 16-24 year old LGBTIQ* students who desire to undertake full-time education at a public or private secondary school (final year) or public institution of higher e...
Ph D Scholarship In Development Of Superior Quantum Dot Gain Material For Nano Device Applications, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 22 days ago
Apply no later than 2 October 2016 Apply for the job at DTU Fotonik by completing the following form. Apply online Applications are invited for a 3-year PhD position within the field of epitaxial ...
Ph D Position In Generation Of Bright Few Cycle Mid Ir Pulses Through External Compression, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 22 days ago
Apply no later than 2 October 2016 Apply for the job at DTU Fotonik by completing the following form. Apply online The Technical University of Denmark has an open PhD position for experimentally g...
Ph D Position In Quantum Emitters In Epsilon Near Zero Medium, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 22 days ago
Apply no later than 2 October 2016 Apply for the job at DTU Fotonik by completing the following form. Apply online The Technical University of Denmark has an open PhD position (early-stage researc...