- Attraction Scholarship in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics
- The Western Australian Department of Health has established a scholarship fund for the purpose of attracting students with a strong desire to develop a career in radiation oncology medical physics. The demand for medical physicists specializing in radiation oncology is exceeding supply in Western Australia as the government seeks to expand cancer treatment services in the State. Through the award of the Attraction Scholarship in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics, the Department of Health is seeking to encourage suitable applicants to apply for the MSc (Medical Physics) course in the Faculty of Science to commence a radiation oncology medical physics research project and associated coursework in 2013. The scholarship is administered in accordance with the following conditions.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- eligible to enroll or be enrolled as a full-time student in the MSc (Medical Physics) course(see http://www.science.uwa.edu.au/courses/postgrad/coursework/medphysics for admission requirement into this course) at the University by the date of commencement of the scholarship;
- agree to undertake an appropriate radiation oncology medical physics research project as determined by the School of Physics
- be able to provide a current National Police Certificate
The scholarships are awarded to the applicants who, in the opinion of the selection committee, best demonstrate:
academic excellence as evidenced by their academic records;
a demonstrated interest and aptitude for medical physics, as evidenced in their curriculum vitae, other application documentation, or through an interview;
- A completed Application for Postgraduate Study (Form PG-AP1)
- A completed Supplementary Form for Graduate Research (Form PG-AP2) NB: for Question R2.2 it is sufficient to enter Radiation oncology medical physics. Research project details will be finalized before enrolment.
- A full curriculum vitae including any evidence of your research background
- A statement of at least 250 words describing why you would like to pursue a career in radiation oncology medical physics.
- A National Police Clearance Certificate
All forms and attachments to be submitted to Vicki Falcetta in the Science Student Office, M083, 35 Stirling Highway, CRAWLEY, Western Australia 6009, by 5pm Friday 18th January, 2012.
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Hedi Szasz Scholarship, University of Western Australia, Australia, 14 days ago
About this scholarship Hedi Szasz Scholarship The Hedi Szasz Scholarship Fund provides up to 2 scholarships each year to encourage and assist full-time students to complete a single degree course ...
Australia Day Foundation Uk Trust :Study Grant, Flinders University, Australia, 8 days ago
Opening Date: 06-04-2015 Closing Date: 30-04-2015 DESCRIPTION The Australia Day Foundation UK Trust’s objectives are to promote the education, including the social and physical training, of young ...
Marine Microbe Ph D Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 22 days ago
Marine microbes are key players in a range of important ecosystem functions. This project will be part of a large collaborative research team involving marine microbial ecologists from across Aust...
Ph D Student Position In Physics Directed Towards Experimental Activity, Stockholm University, Sweden, 29 days ago
PhD student position in Physics directed towards experimental activity at the Department of Physics. Reference number SU FV-0792-15. Deadline for application: May 5, 2015. Subject: Physics, Chemic...
Ph D Student Position In Physics Directed Towards Theoretical Activity, Stockholm University, Sweden, 29 days ago
PhD student position in Physics directed towards theoretical activity at the Department of Physics. Reference number SU FV-0791-15. Deadline for application: May 5, 2015. Subject: Theoretical Phys...
Ph D Positions, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 19 days ago
Apply no later than 28 April 2015 Apply for the job at DTU Physics by completing the following form. Apply online DTU Physics invites highly motivated and skilled candidates to apply for a number ...