- Attraction Scholarship in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics
- The Western Australian Department of Health has established a scholarship fund for the purpose of attracting students with a strong desire to develop a career in radiation oncology medical physics. The demand for medical physicists specializing in radiation oncology is exceeding supply in Western Australia as the government seeks to expand cancer treatment services in the State. Through the award of the Attraction Scholarship in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics, the Department of Health is seeking to encourage suitable applicants to apply for the MSc (Medical Physics) course in the Faculty of Science to commence a radiation oncology medical physics research project and associated coursework in 2013. The scholarship is administered in accordance with the following conditions.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- eligible to enroll or be enrolled as a full-time student in the MSc (Medical Physics) course(see http://www.science.uwa.edu.au/courses/postgrad/coursework/medphysics for admission requirement into this course) at the University by the date of commencement of the scholarship;
- agree to undertake an appropriate radiation oncology medical physics research project as determined by the School of Physics
- be able to provide a current National Police Certificate
The scholarships are awarded to the applicants who, in the opinion of the selection committee, best demonstrate:
academic excellence as evidenced by their academic records;
a demonstrated interest and aptitude for medical physics, as evidenced in their curriculum vitae, other application documentation, or through an interview;
- A completed Application for Postgraduate Study (Form PG-AP1)
- A completed Supplementary Form for Graduate Research (Form PG-AP2) NB: for Question R2.2 it is sufficient to enter Radiation oncology medical physics. Research project details will be finalized before enrolment.
- A full curriculum vitae including any evidence of your research background
- A statement of at least 250 words describing why you would like to pursue a career in radiation oncology medical physics.
- A National Police Clearance Certificate
All forms and attachments to be submitted to Vicki Falcetta in the Science Student Office, M083, 35 Stirling Highway, CRAWLEY, Western Australia 6009, by 5pm Friday 18th January, 2012.
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Scholarships In Radiation Physics, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 13 days ago
Apply no later than 15 October 2014 Apply for the job at DTU Nutech by completing the following form. Apply online DTU Nutech, Technical University of Denmark, is seeking candidates for two PhD p...
Australian Rotary Health Funding Partner Ph D Scholarships, University of Sydney, Australia, 17 days ago
Funding Body: Australian Rotary Health Title: Australian Rotary Health Funding Partner PhD Scholarships Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: Australian Rotary He...
Doctoral (Ph D) Student Position With Doctoral Grant (Kid Funding) In Tumor Biology/Tumor Therapy Of Lung Cancer, Karolinska Institute, Sweden, 1 day ago
Doctoral (PhD) student position with doctoral grant (KID funding) in tumor biology/tumor therapy of lung cancer De huvudsakliga målen för institutionen för onkologi-patologi är grundläggande, tran...
Cpa Australia Cpa Program Scholarship 2014 15, Australian Scholarships Foundation, Australia, 21 days ago
Scholarship Overview The scholarship entitles recipients to exemption from all CPA Program professional level segments fees. The award covers course fees starting from the date awarded. Guidance f...
Brother Vincent Cotter Honours Award In Physics Ugca1012, University of New South Wales, Australia, 2 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Honours year students Opens 01/10/2014 Closing Date 28/02/2015 For commencement Semester 1 2015 Value $2,300 1 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year Residency Aus Citiz...
Sydney Eye Hospital Foundation Postgraduate Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia, 10 days ago
Funding Body: Save Eye Institute Title: Sydney Eye Hospital Foundation Postgraduate Scholarship Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: A full-time postgraduate sch...
Austal Unsw Endowment Scholarship In Naval Architecture Ugca1229, University of New South Wales, Australia, 2 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Third year and above Opens 01/10/2014 Closing Date 31/03/2015 For commencement Semester 1 2015 Value $8,500 1 Scholarship(s) available For up to 2 years Residency Aus...
Ph D Scholarship Concentrating Solar Thermal Optical Modelling, CSIRO, Australia, 3 days ago
Be mentored by Australia's premier scientific researchers Gain access to our world-class facilities Kickstart your research career with CSIRO! The Position: CSIRO Energy Flagship now welcomes appl...
Alzheimer’s Australia Dementia Research Foundation Ph D Scholarships, University of Sydney, Australia, 23 days ago
Funding Body: Alzheimer’s Australia Dementia Research Foundation Title: Alzheimer’s Australia Dementia Research Foundation PhD Scholarships Research Areas: Humanities & Social Sciences; Health Sci...
Nura Gili Award Ugce1213, University of New South Wales, Australia, 24 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers, First year students, Second year students, Third year and above, Postgraduate students Opens 08/09/2014 Closing Date 31/12/2014 For commencement ...