- Attraction Scholarship in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics
- The Western Australian Department of Health has established a scholarship fund for the purpose of attracting students with a strong desire to develop a career in radiation oncology medical physics. The demand for medical physicists specializing in radiation oncology is exceeding supply in Western Australia as the government seeks to expand cancer treatment services in the State. Through the award of the Attraction Scholarship in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics, the Department of Health is seeking to encourage suitable applicants to apply for the MSc (Medical Physics) course in the Faculty of Science to commence a radiation oncology medical physics research project and associated coursework in 2013. The scholarship is administered in accordance with the following conditions.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- eligible to enroll or be enrolled as a full-time student in the MSc (Medical Physics) course(see http://www.science.uwa.edu.au/courses/postgrad/coursework/medphysics for admission requirement into this course) at the University by the date of commencement of the scholarship;
- agree to undertake an appropriate radiation oncology medical physics research project as determined by the School of Physics
- be able to provide a current National Police Certificate
The scholarships are awarded to the applicants who, in the opinion of the selection committee, best demonstrate:
academic excellence as evidenced by their academic records;
a demonstrated interest and aptitude for medical physics, as evidenced in their curriculum vitae, other application documentation, or through an interview;
- A completed Application for Postgraduate Study (Form PG-AP1)
- A completed Supplementary Form for Graduate Research (Form PG-AP2) NB: for Question R2.2 it is sufficient to enter Radiation oncology medical physics. Research project details will be finalized before enrolment.
- A full curriculum vitae including any evidence of your research background
- A statement of at least 250 words describing why you would like to pursue a career in radiation oncology medical physics.
- A National Police Clearance Certificate
All forms and attachments to be submitted to Vicki Falcetta in the Science Student Office, M083, 35 Stirling Highway, CRAWLEY, Western Australia 6009, by 5pm Friday 18th January, 2012.
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Industry Engagement Ph D Scholarship, Disability Access And Inclusion, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 9 days ago
The MARCIA concept is an aspirational status, devised by the City of Bunbury. Bunbury is a large regional city in Western Australia, part of the Greater Bunbury area, with a population of 81,000. ...
Ph D Scholarship In Radiological Emergency Management, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 23 days ago
Apply no later than 31 July 2015 Apply for the job at DTU Nutech by completing the following form. Apply online DTU Nutech, Technical University of Denmark (DTU), is seeking candidates for a PhD ...
Fulbright Scholarships 2016, Australian Scholarships Foundation, Australia, 30 days ago
Scholarship Overview Established in Australia in 1949, the Australian-American Fulbright Commission aims to promote mutual understanding through educational and cultural exchange between Australia...
Uts Housing Resident Networker Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 10 days ago
The Resident Networker program is a leadership development program for UTS Housing residents and is a vital part of the UTS Housing community. This Scholarship is an extension of the Resident Netw...
Australian Rotary Health Funding Partner Ph D Scholarships, University of Sydney, Australia, 9 days ago
Funding Body: Australian Rotary Health (ARH) Title: Australian Rotary Health Funding Partner PhD Scholarships Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: Australian Rot...
The Heather Bonner Memorial Scholarship, University of Southern Queensland, Australia, 5 days ago
In Semester 2 2015, USQ will offer one Heather Bonner Memorial Scholarship. This Scholarship has been established in memory of Heather Bonner who brought Indigenous and non-indigenous Australians ...