- Attraction Scholarship in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics
- The Western Australian Department of Health has established a scholarship fund for the purpose of attracting students with a strong desire to develop a career in radiation oncology medical physics. The demand for medical physicists specializing in radiation oncology is exceeding supply in Western Australia as the government seeks to expand cancer treatment services in the State. Through the award of the Attraction Scholarship in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics, the Department of Health is seeking to encourage suitable applicants to apply for the MSc (Medical Physics) course in the Faculty of Science to commence a radiation oncology medical physics research project and associated coursework in 2013. The scholarship is administered in accordance with the following conditions.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- eligible to enroll or be enrolled as a full-time student in the MSc (Medical Physics) course(see http://www.science.uwa.edu.au/courses/postgrad/coursework/medphysics for admission requirement into this course) at the University by the date of commencement of the scholarship;
- agree to undertake an appropriate radiation oncology medical physics research project as determined by the School of Physics
- be able to provide a current National Police Certificate
The scholarships are awarded to the applicants who, in the opinion of the selection committee, best demonstrate:
academic excellence as evidenced by their academic records;
a demonstrated interest and aptitude for medical physics, as evidenced in their curriculum vitae, other application documentation, or through an interview;
- A completed Application for Postgraduate Study (Form PG-AP1)
- A completed Supplementary Form for Graduate Research (Form PG-AP2) NB: for Question R2.2 it is sufficient to enter Radiation oncology medical physics. Research project details will be finalized before enrolment.
- A full curriculum vitae including any evidence of your research background
- A statement of at least 250 words describing why you would like to pursue a career in radiation oncology medical physics.
- A National Police Clearance Certificate
All forms and attachments to be submitted to Vicki Falcetta in the Science Student Office, M083, 35 Stirling Highway, CRAWLEY, Western Australia 6009, by 5pm Friday 18th January, 2012.
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
1. Fpa# Fh 1335 Title: Staff Cardiologist (2 Positions), Brown University, United States, 1 day ago
1. FPA# FH-1335 Title: Staff Cardiologist (2 Positions) Location: Miriam Rank: Assistant or Associate Professor Search Chair: Douglas Burtt, MD email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org Date posted: 20...
Ph D Position In Dark Field Hyperlens: High Contrast Subwavelength Imaging In Optics And Acoustics, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 23 days ago
Apply no later than 2 November 2014 Apply for the job at DTU Fotonik by completing the following form. Apply online DTU Fotonik at the Technical University of Denmark invites applications for a 3-...
Ph D And Md / Ph D Positons In Radiation Biology / Radiation Oncology, University of Duisburg-Essen Medical School, Germany, 20 days ago
PhD and MD / PhD positons in radiation biology / radiation oncology Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awa...
Doctoral (Ph D) Student Position With Doctoral Grant (Kid Funding) In Tumor Biology/Tumor Therapy Of Lung Cancer, Karolinska Institute, Sweden, about 1 month ago
Doctoral (PhD) student position with doctoral grant (KID funding) in tumor biology/tumor therapy of lung cancer De huvudsakliga målen för institutionen för onkologi-patologi är grundläggande, tran...
Freemasons Foundation Inc. :Trevor Prescott Memorial Scholarship, Flinders University, Australia, 17 days ago
Opening Date: 04-05-2015 Closing Date: 30-06-2015 DESCRIPTION The Freemasons Foundation Inc. has established through its Special Projects Fund, a scholarship scheme to commemorate the contribution...
Brother Vincent Cotter Honours Award In Physics Ugca1012, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 1 month ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Honours year students Opens 01/10/2014 Closing Date 28/02/2015 For commencement Semester 1 2015 Value $2,300 1 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year Residency Aus Citiz...