- Attraction Scholarship in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics
- The Western Australian Department of Health has established a scholarship fund for the purpose of attracting students with a strong desire to develop a career in radiation oncology medical physics. The demand for medical physicists specializing in radiation oncology is exceeding supply in Western Australia as the government seeks to expand cancer treatment services in the State. Through the award of the Attraction Scholarship in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics, the Department of Health is seeking to encourage suitable applicants to apply for the MSc (Medical Physics) course in the Faculty of Science to commence a radiation oncology medical physics research project and associated coursework in 2013. The scholarship is administered in accordance with the following conditions.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- eligible to enroll or be enrolled as a full-time student in the MSc (Medical Physics) course(see http://www.science.uwa.edu.au/courses/postgrad/coursework/medphysics for admission requirement into this course) at the University by the date of commencement of the scholarship;
- agree to undertake an appropriate radiation oncology medical physics research project as determined by the School of Physics
- be able to provide a current National Police Certificate
The scholarships are awarded to the applicants who, in the opinion of the selection committee, best demonstrate:
academic excellence as evidenced by their academic records;
a demonstrated interest and aptitude for medical physics, as evidenced in their curriculum vitae, other application documentation, or through an interview;
- A completed Application for Postgraduate Study (Form PG-AP1)
- A completed Supplementary Form for Graduate Research (Form PG-AP2) NB: for Question R2.2 it is sufficient to enter Radiation oncology medical physics. Research project details will be finalized before enrolment.
- A full curriculum vitae including any evidence of your research background
- A statement of at least 250 words describing why you would like to pursue a career in radiation oncology medical physics.
- A National Police Clearance Certificate
All forms and attachments to be submitted to Vicki Falcetta in the Science Student Office, M083, 35 Stirling Highway, CRAWLEY, Western Australia 6009, by 5pm Friday 18th January, 2012.
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Blundstone Scholarships For Agribusiness, University of Tasmania, Australia, 16 days ago
Blundstone Scholarships for Agribusiness The new Associate Degree in Agribusiness is a stepping stone for future leaders and managers. This generous scholarship is offered by Blundstone Australia ...
Ph D Scholarship, The University of Queensland, Australia, 29 days ago
Apply now Job no:499734 Area:Faculty of Science Salary (FTE):APA Scholarship NON-BANDED ($26,288.00 - $26,288.00) Work type:Full Time - Fixed Term, Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia, Bris...
Ph D Scholarship In Sport Science: Athlete Development In Australian Swimming, University of Sydney, Australia, 22 days ago
Funding Body: Swimming Australia Title: PhD Scholarship in Sport Science: Athlete Development in Australian Swimming Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: A full-...
Susan Price Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 30 days ago
Value: $2,000 Tenure of award: One year. Closing dates for applications: 01 September 2017 Applications close 1 September biennially. Number of awards offered: One award available every two years....
Ph D Scholarship At Dtu Wind Energy In The Single Tree Experiment Project, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 9 days ago
Apply no later than 15 December 2016 Apply for the job at DTU Wind Energy by completing the following form. Apply online In the research project The Single-Tree-Experiment which is an internationa...
Ph D Position In High Power Frequency Converted Tapered Diode Lasers, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 17 days ago
Apply no later than 31 December 2016 Apply for the job at DTU Fotonik by completing the following form. Apply online The Department of Photonics Engineering at the Technical University of Denmark ...