- Attraction Scholarship in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics
- The Western Australian Department of Health has established a scholarship fund for the purpose of attracting students with a strong desire to develop a career in radiation oncology medical physics. The demand for medical physicists specializing in radiation oncology is exceeding supply in Western Australia as the government seeks to expand cancer treatment services in the State. Through the award of the Attraction Scholarship in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics, the Department of Health is seeking to encourage suitable applicants to apply for the MSc (Medical Physics) course in the Faculty of Science to commence a radiation oncology medical physics research project and associated coursework in 2013. The scholarship is administered in accordance with the following conditions.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- eligible to enroll or be enrolled as a full-time student in the MSc (Medical Physics) course(see http://www.science.uwa.edu.au/courses/postgrad/coursework/medphysics for admission requirement into this course) at the University by the date of commencement of the scholarship;
- agree to undertake an appropriate radiation oncology medical physics research project as determined by the School of Physics
- be able to provide a current National Police Certificate
The scholarships are awarded to the applicants who, in the opinion of the selection committee, best demonstrate:
academic excellence as evidenced by their academic records;
a demonstrated interest and aptitude for medical physics, as evidenced in their curriculum vitae, other application documentation, or through an interview;
- A completed Application for Postgraduate Study (Form PG-AP1)
- A completed Supplementary Form for Graduate Research (Form PG-AP2) NB: for Question R2.2 it is sufficient to enter Radiation oncology medical physics. Research project details will be finalized before enrolment.
- A full curriculum vitae including any evidence of your research background
- A statement of at least 250 words describing why you would like to pursue a career in radiation oncology medical physics.
- A National Police Clearance Certificate
All forms and attachments to be submitted to Vicki Falcetta in the Science Student Office, M083, 35 Stirling Highway, CRAWLEY, Western Australia 6009, by 5pm Friday 18th January, 2012.
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
The Turner Ph D Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia, 1 day ago
Funding Body: The University of Sydney Title: The Turner PhD Scholarship Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: A unique scholarship opportunity is available for a...
Ph D Scholarship In Drinking Water Treatment Optimisation, University of South Australia, Australia, about 8 hours ago
About this scholarship The Project: The overall aim of this ARC Linkage project is to develop a number of data-driven predictive models, predominantly based on remotely collected sensors data, to ...
Sydney Vital Neuro Oncology Postgraduate Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia, 1 day ago
Funding Body: The University of Sydney Title: Sydney Vital Neuro-Oncology Postgraduate Scholarship Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: A unique scholarship oppo...
Ph D Scholarship In Physics (Spectroscopy), The University of Queensland, Australia, 23 days ago
Apply now Job no:500910 Area:Faculty of Science Salary (FTE):School Schol (APA Rate) NONBAND ($26,682.00 - $26,682.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia, Brisbane The discipline...
Expression Of Interest (Eoi) For Ph D Candidates, The University of Queensland, Australia, 11 days ago
The School of Agriculture and Food Sciences The School of Agriculture and Food Sciences is one of the largest agricultural schools in Australia, comprising research and teaching experts in agribu...
Ph D Scholarship, The University of Queensland, Australia, 9 days ago
Apply now Job no:501001 Area:Faculty of Medicine Salary (FTE):APA Scholarship NON-BANDED ($26,682.00 - $26,682.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia The School of Biomedical Sci...