- Attraction Scholarship in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics
- The Western Australian Department of Health has established a scholarship fund for the purpose of attracting students with a strong desire to develop a career in radiation oncology medical physics. The demand for medical physicists specializing in radiation oncology is exceeding supply in Western Australia as the government seeks to expand cancer treatment services in the State. Through the award of the Attraction Scholarship in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics, the Department of Health is seeking to encourage suitable applicants to apply for the MSc (Medical Physics) course in the Faculty of Science to commence a radiation oncology medical physics research project and associated coursework in 2013. The scholarship is administered in accordance with the following conditions.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- eligible to enroll or be enrolled as a full-time student in the MSc (Medical Physics) course(see http://www.science.uwa.edu.au/courses/postgrad/coursework/medphysics for admission requirement into this course) at the University by the date of commencement of the scholarship;
- agree to undertake an appropriate radiation oncology medical physics research project as determined by the School of Physics
- be able to provide a current National Police Certificate
The scholarships are awarded to the applicants who, in the opinion of the selection committee, best demonstrate:
academic excellence as evidenced by their academic records;
a demonstrated interest and aptitude for medical physics, as evidenced in their curriculum vitae, other application documentation, or through an interview;
- A completed Application for Postgraduate Study (Form PG-AP1)
- A completed Supplementary Form for Graduate Research (Form PG-AP2) NB: for Question R2.2 it is sufficient to enter Radiation oncology medical physics. Research project details will be finalized before enrolment.
- A full curriculum vitae including any evidence of your research background
- A statement of at least 250 words describing why you would like to pursue a career in radiation oncology medical physics.
- A National Police Clearance Certificate
All forms and attachments to be submitted to Vicki Falcetta in the Science Student Office, M083, 35 Stirling Highway, CRAWLEY, Western Australia 6009, by 5pm Friday 18th January, 2012.
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Ph D Scholarship In Medical Radiation Dosimetry, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 20 days ago
Apply no later than 15 May 2016 Apply for the job at DTU Nutech by completing the following form. Apply online The Radiation Physics Division at DTU Nutech is seeking candidates for a PhD positio...
The Sir Robert Menzies Memorial Scholarship In Law And The Sir Ninian Stephen Menzies Scholarship In International Law, University of Sydney, Australia, about 1 month ago
Funding Body: Menzies Foundation Title: The Sir Robert Menzies Memorial Scholarship in Law and The Sir Ninian Stephen Menzies Scholarship in International Law Research Areas: Humanities & Social S...
Ph D Student,, Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica (CWI), Netherlands, 7 days ago
Job posted by universitypositions (27/04/2016 11.04) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Rese...
Medicine: Fully Funded Ph D Studentship: Development Of Graphene Nanosensors For Applications In Reproductive Biology And Ovarian Cancer, Swansea University, United Kingdom, about 17 hours ago
Job posted by Swansea University (03/05/2016 15.51) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Resea...
Ph D Studentship Ultra Short Pulse Laser Inscribed Fibre Bragg Grating Sensors In Polymer Optical Fibre, Aston University, United Kingdom, about 2 hours ago
View All Vacancies Engineering & Applied Science Contract Type: Fixed Term (3 Years) Basis: Full Time Closing Date: Monday 30 May 2016 Reference: R160166 Applications are invited for a three yea...
Ph D Scholarship In Stillbirth Diagnostic Testing, The University of Queensland, Australia, 22 days ago
Apply now Job no:498871 Area:Mater Research Institute-UQ Salary (FTE):UQ Scholarship (APA Rate)NON-BANDED ($26,288.00 - $26,288.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: Brisbane PhD Opportu...