- Attraction Scholarship in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics
- The Western Australian Department of Health has established a scholarship fund for the purpose of attracting students with a strong desire to develop a career in radiation oncology medical physics. The demand for medical physicists specializing in radiation oncology is exceeding supply in Western Australia as the government seeks to expand cancer treatment services in the State. Through the award of the Attraction Scholarship in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics, the Department of Health is seeking to encourage suitable applicants to apply for the MSc (Medical Physics) course in the Faculty of Science to commence a radiation oncology medical physics research project and associated coursework in 2013. The scholarship is administered in accordance with the following conditions.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- eligible to enroll or be enrolled as a full-time student in the MSc (Medical Physics) course(see http://www.science.uwa.edu.au/courses/postgrad/coursework/medphysics for admission requirement into this course) at the University by the date of commencement of the scholarship;
- agree to undertake an appropriate radiation oncology medical physics research project as determined by the School of Physics
- be able to provide a current National Police Certificate
The scholarships are awarded to the applicants who, in the opinion of the selection committee, best demonstrate:
academic excellence as evidenced by their academic records;
a demonstrated interest and aptitude for medical physics, as evidenced in their curriculum vitae, other application documentation, or through an interview;
- A completed Application for Postgraduate Study (Form PG-AP1)
- A completed Supplementary Form for Graduate Research (Form PG-AP2) NB: for Question R2.2 it is sufficient to enter Radiation oncology medical physics. Research project details will be finalized before enrolment.
- A full curriculum vitae including any evidence of your research background
- A statement of at least 250 words describing why you would like to pursue a career in radiation oncology medical physics.
- A National Police Clearance Certificate
All forms and attachments to be submitted to Vicki Falcetta in the Science Student Office, M083, 35 Stirling Highway, CRAWLEY, Western Australia 6009, by 5pm Friday 18th January, 2012.
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Gerald Frank Brown Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 22 days ago
The Gerald Frank Brown scholarship has been established by the Government of Western Australia in cooperation with the universities of WA to financially assist high-achieving European students to ...
Kalyagool Kadadjiny Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 16 days ago
Newmont Boddington Gold Pty Ltd will be funding a new undergraduate scholarship each valued at $8,000 per year for three years of study at ECU. These scholarships are offered to Aboriginal and/or ...
Ph D Scholarship In Clinical Medical Physics, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 1 day ago
The department of Oncology, section of radiotherapy, Rigshospitalet and the Niels Bohr Institute, University of Copenhagen, invite application for a 3-year PhD position in clinical medical physics...
3 + 5 Ph D Study Programme, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 19 days ago
PhD scholarship Center for Basic and Translational Neuroscience is offering a PhD scholarship with integrated MSc under the 3+5 PhD study programme commencing 1 September or soon thereafter. The p...
Catherine King Memorial Bursary, University of the Sunshine Coast, Australia, 21 days ago
The USC experience Undergraduate (my first degree) Postgraduate coursework Research students International students Courses and programs Student support How do I apply? How do I enrol? What will I...
Ruth Dobson Scholarship », Australian National University, Australia, 22 days ago
Overview Each year the Asia Pacific College of Diplomacy (APCD) may award one scholarship known as the Ruth Dobson Scholarship. The Scholarship is available to one international student who is ap...