- Attraction Scholarship in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics
- The Western Australian Department of Health has established a scholarship fund for the purpose of attracting students with a strong desire to develop a career in radiation oncology medical physics. The demand for medical physicists specializing in radiation oncology is exceeding supply in Western Australia as the government seeks to expand cancer treatment services in the State. Through the award of the Attraction Scholarship in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics, the Department of Health is seeking to encourage suitable applicants to apply for the MSc (Medical Physics) course in the Faculty of Science to commence a radiation oncology medical physics research project and associated coursework in 2013. The scholarship is administered in accordance with the following conditions.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- eligible to enroll or be enrolled as a full-time student in the MSc (Medical Physics) course(see http://www.science.uwa.edu.au/courses/postgrad/coursework/medphysics for admission requirement into this course) at the University by the date of commencement of the scholarship;
- agree to undertake an appropriate radiation oncology medical physics research project as determined by the School of Physics
- be able to provide a current National Police Certificate
The scholarships are awarded to the applicants who, in the opinion of the selection committee, best demonstrate:
academic excellence as evidenced by their academic records;
a demonstrated interest and aptitude for medical physics, as evidenced in their curriculum vitae, other application documentation, or through an interview;
- A completed Application for Postgraduate Study (Form PG-AP1)
- A completed Supplementary Form for Graduate Research (Form PG-AP2) NB: for Question R2.2 it is sufficient to enter Radiation oncology medical physics. Research project details will be finalized before enrolment.
- A full curriculum vitae including any evidence of your research background
- A statement of at least 250 words describing why you would like to pursue a career in radiation oncology medical physics.
- A National Police Clearance Certificate
All forms and attachments to be submitted to Vicki Falcetta in the Science Student Office, M083, 35 Stirling Highway, CRAWLEY, Western Australia 6009, by 5pm Friday 18th January, 2012.
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
The Goda Foundation Ph D Scholarship, Griffith University, Australia, 8 days ago
About the research The Goda Foundation PhD Scholarship will provide vital support in helping to progress research into a clinical setting; a crucial aspect in ensuring that medical research impac...
Postgraduate Coursework Equity Scholarship Pgce1004, University of New South Wales, Australia, 4 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Postgraduate students Opens 01/09/2015 Closing Date 08/01/2016 For commencement Semester 1 2016 Value $13,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For Duration of program (min...
Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship, University of Tasmania, Australia, 30 days ago
Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship In celebration of Westpac Group’s upcoming 200th anniversary on 8 April 2017, the Westpac Bicentennial Foundation has been established. The Foundation has been e...
Law Society Of New South Wales Indigenous Scholarships Ugce1175, University of New South Wales, Australia, 15 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers, First year students Opens 21/08/2015 Closing Date 30/11/2015 For commencement Semester 1 2016 Value $5,000 2 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year ...
Clifford Gouldson Law Bursary, University of Southern Queensland, Australia, 29 days ago
In 2016, USQ will offer one Clifford Gouldson Law Bursary. Clifford Gouldson Lawyers is a Toowoomba firm which was established in early 2006. The firm specialises in the areas of Work Place Law, ...
Greenwood Tomkys Fund Midwifery Scholarship, University of Southern Queensland, Australia, 9 days ago
In 2016, USQ will offer one Greenwood - Tomkys Fund Midwifery Scholarship. The Greenwood-Tomkys Fund has been established through the Estate of the late Betty Greenwood and in conjunction with her...