- Attraction Scholarship in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics
- The Western Australian Department of Health has established a scholarship fund for the purpose of attracting students with a strong desire to develop a career in radiation oncology medical physics. The demand for medical physicists specializing in radiation oncology is exceeding supply in Western Australia as the government seeks to expand cancer treatment services in the State. Through the award of the Attraction Scholarship in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics, the Department of Health is seeking to encourage suitable applicants to apply for the MSc (Medical Physics) course in the Faculty of Science to commence a radiation oncology medical physics research project and associated coursework in 2013. The scholarship is administered in accordance with the following conditions.
- Payment type
- Fortnightly Stipend
- Value unit
- Per annum
- Basis of award
- Academic Achievement
- eligible to enroll or be enrolled as a full-time student in the MSc (Medical Physics) course(see http://www.science.uwa.edu.au/courses/postgrad/coursework/medphysics for admission requirement into this course) at the University by the date of commencement of the scholarship;
- agree to undertake an appropriate radiation oncology medical physics research project as determined by the School of Physics
- be able to provide a current National Police Certificate
The scholarships are awarded to the applicants who, in the opinion of the selection committee, best demonstrate:
academic excellence as evidenced by their academic records;
a demonstrated interest and aptitude for medical physics, as evidenced in their curriculum vitae, other application documentation, or through an interview;
- A completed Application for Postgraduate Study (Form PG-AP1)
- A completed Supplementary Form for Graduate Research (Form PG-AP2) NB: for Question R2.2 it is sufficient to enter Radiation oncology medical physics. Research project details will be finalized before enrolment.
- A full curriculum vitae including any evidence of your research background
- A statement of at least 250 words describing why you would like to pursue a career in radiation oncology medical physics.
- A National Police Clearance Certificate
All forms and attachments to be submitted to Vicki Falcetta in the Science Student Office, M083, 35 Stirling Highway, CRAWLEY, Western Australia 6009, by 5pm Friday 18th January, 2012.
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Study area
- Commencement date
- Applications open
- Applications close
- Tenable At
- University of Western Australia
- Currently available
- Application status
Cyber Security / City Of Joondalup Industry Project Ph D Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 18 days ago
This ECU PhD project will involve working with the City of Joondalup as they continue to set the standard in WA Local Government for its commitment to innovative services, programs, events and fac...
Ph D Scholarship In Photonics, The University of Queensland, Australia, 4 days ago
Apply now Job no:498285 Area:Faculty Of Engineering, Architecture & Info Tech Salary (FTE):School Schol (APA Rate) NONBAND ($25,849.00 - $25,849.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St ...
Australian Postgraduate Award (Apa), University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 23 days ago
The Australian Postgraduate Awards (APA) are funded by the Australian Commonwealth Government Department of Industry and are tenable at Australian tertiary institutions for doctoral and masters re...
Australian Centre Of Excellence For Local Government (Acelg) Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 23 days ago
Funded by the Australian Centre of Excellence for Local Government (ACELG), this Scholarship is open to commencing Australian domestic or international students who are intending to undertake a Ph...
Arccim Uts Ph D Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 23 days ago
Faculty of Health, Australian Research Centre in Complementary and Integrative Medicine (ARCCIM) The Australian Research Centre in Complementary and Integrative Medicine (ARCCIM) at the University...
Alliance Of Girls' Schools Australasia Ph D Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 23 days ago
The Alliance of Girls' Schools Australasia is a not for profit organization that supports the distinctive work of single-sex girls' schools in their provision of unique opportunities for girls. Th...