University of Sydney
Aizoon Australia and University of Sydney Business School PhD Scholarship
Humanities & Social Sciences; Sciences & Engineering
The University of Sydney Business School and Aizoon Australia in collaboration are offering a PhD scholarship to work on a joint PhD project in the area of Smart Supply Chain and the impact of Cyber Security Issues under the supervision of Professor Michael Bell and Professor Behnam Fahimnia. The candidate will be based in the Institute of Transport and Logistics Studies (ITLS) within the University of Sydney Business School. ITLS is a renowned international centre of transport, logistics and supply chain management, and holds the Australian government’s highest possible rating of 5 for a research centre.
The supply chain team within ITLS conducts applied and problem-driven research in three areas of behavioural operations, risk management, and sustainable supply chain management. The team has helped a range of Australian industries develop decision-making skills to create and manage efficient, resilient and sustainable supply chains. The proposed joint PhD project will focus on intelligent systems and cyber security issues within a logistics and supply chain context
Applicants will need the following:
- Undergraduate degree with an Australian university First class Honours or equivalent, specialising in supply chain management, operations management/research, applied mathematics, industrial engineering, or
- Other relevant discipline OR Masters degree with at least an 80% average and a 25% research thesis component in the proposed field of study from a recognised University; completed no more than 5 years ago.
- Applicants must meet the following English language requirements: IELTS 7.0 (with a minimum of 6.5 in each band) OR TOEFL 600+ (e at 4.5+) or CBT 250+ (essay 4.5+) or IBT 100+ (writing band 23 and no band below 22); if a degree has been completed within the last 5 years and was taught, assessed and examined in English there is no need to provide an IELTS or TOEFL score.
- Adequate knowledge and experience of mathematical modelling, statistical data analysis and experiment design are required.
- Applicants should have good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of research team.
The successful applicant will also need to meet the academic entry requirements and follow the procedures for enrolment in the University of Sydney Business School Higher degree by Research program (http://sydney.edu.au/business/study/research/entry_requirements ). Candidates must commence by 27 July 2017 (Research Period 3). The award cannot be deferred
The scholarship is valued at $32,000 per annum and may be renewed for up to three years, subject to satisfactory progress. The scholarship is paid as a stipend on a fortnightly basis. This scholarship does not cover any tuition fees payable by candidates although exceptional international applicants may be considered for a fee award. There are also funding opportunities to attend one conference per year and other expenses linked to the PhD program.
For further information, email Professor Mike Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org or Prof Behnam Fahimnia at email@example.com .
Applications should be emailed firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, 31st March, 2017.
To apply, please include:
1) Academic transcripts,
2) Curriculum Vitae,
3) Details of two academic referees familiar with your studies, and
4) A cover letter indicating your interests in this research area and why you consider yourself suitable for the scholarship.
Please subject the application email: Aizoon Australia and University of Sydney Business School PhD Scholarship
31 March 2017Back
Fulbright Professional Scholarship In Non Profit Leadership 2017, Australian Scholarships Foundation, Australia, 2 days ago
Scholarship Overview This scholarship provides an exceptional opportunity for personal / professional development and broader impact through research, experiential learning or management training ...
Ph D Scholarship In Integrating Micro And Nano Structures On Steel Surfaces – Process Chain Implementation And Validation, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 2 days ago
Apply no later than 1 August 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Mechanical Eng by completing the following form. Apply online DTU, Department of Mechanical Engineering has an open PhD position in the f...
Ph D Scholarship In Protease Degradomics, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 2 days ago
Apply no later than 26 July 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Bioengineering by completing the following form. Apply online A 3-year PhD position is available in the section for Protein Science & Sign...
Call For Applications For The Laurits Andersen Ph D Position In Business And Organizational Anthropology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 1 day ago
The Laurits Andersen Foundation has granted funds to the Department of Anthropology for a three-year fully financed PhD position in the field of business and organizational anthropology. Applicant...
Fulbright Scholarships 2017, Australian Scholarships Foundation, Australia, 6 days ago
Scholarship Overview Established in Australia in 1949, the Australian-American Fulbright Commission aims to promote mutual understanding through educational and cultural exchange between Australia...
Ph D Scholarship In Grid Impact Of Local, Blockchain Based Energy Markets, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 2 days ago
Apply no later than 20 August 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Electrical Eng by completing the following form. Apply online The Energy Systems Operation and Management (ESOM) group at the Center for...