|Researcher, Dementia Epidemiology|
|6257 Research Data Analyst III|
|Mission Hall - Mission Bay|
|Epidemiology and Biostatistics|
|Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm|
| JOB OVERVIEW|
We are seeking a researcher to participate in projects related to lifecourse predictors of dementia risk and cognitive aging. The work would involve acquisition of data from public use sources, data management, longitudinal data analysis using a statistical package (R, Stata, or SAS), participation in the research team for interpreting results and planning additional analyses, and contributions to preparation of scientific manuscripts.
The Dementia Epidemiology Researcher will support multiple projects within our research team, including:
• Evaluation vascular risk factors and MRI markers of structural brain integrity and cognitive decline
• Statistical methods to improve generalizability of clinic based studies of cognitive aging
• Methods to harmonize cognitive measures across linguistically and socioeconomically diverse populations
• Evaluation of effects of education and other social factors on cognitive aging.
Please note: This is a full time contract position ending on June 30, 2018 (potentially renewable).
EPIDEMIOLOGY AND BIOSTATISTICS
The Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics (DEB) is a department in the School of Medicine with a vision to advance discoveries and insights into the distribution, determinants and outcomes of disease that will drive improvements in population health worldwide. Its educational mission is to train students in epidemiologic and biostatistical methods for studying disease etiology and prevention, for evaluating tests and treatments, and for using evidence-based approaches in clinical practice and population health; scientific mission is to perform outstanding basic, clinical and population health research along a spectrum from molecules to society and to develop tools for the translation of knowledge that will improve clinical practice and population health and ensure optimal use of resources; its clinical mission is to support the practice of public health and preventive medicine in local, state, national and international health agencies.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
| • Bachelor's degree in related area and three to five years relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience / training|
• Advanced knowledge of research function
• Advanced skills in statistical analysis, statistical programming (R, Stata, or SAS), and data security measures
• Advanced skills in analysis and consultation
• Ability to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner both verbally and in writing
• Ability to differentiate relevant data from less significant data
• Produces research reports that are well reasoned, well written, and well received
• Generates excellent data from the best sources and resources
• Is thorough and well organized in his/her research methods
• Builds teamwork within and between departments
• Creates reports and documentation that are consistently outstanding
• Keeps email messages on target and to the point
Note: Fingerprinting and background check required. Effective March 13, 2017, all final candidate(s) for employment are required to undergo a background check.
| • Master's degree in a quantitative field|
• One to four years prior professional experience with statistical analyses
|The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.|
Program Evaluation & Research Specialist, Cal Swec (6257 U) #23329, University of California, United States, about 16 hours ago
Job Description Job Title: Program Evaluation & Research Specialist, CalSWEC (6257U) #23329 Job ID: 23329 Location: Off Campus-Berkeley Full/Part Time: Full-Time Department Dept of Social Welfare ...
Customer Service Center Supervisor (Aa/S Exempt Ii) Faciliti, The California State University, United States, 2 days ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 6484 Job Title: Customer Service Center Supervisor (AA/S Exempt - II) - Faciliti Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: June 2, 2017 Closing...
Facilities Coordinator (Aa/S Exempt Ii) Housing, The California State University, United States, 2 days ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 6453 Job Title: Facilities Coordinator (AA/S Exempt II) - Housing Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: June 19, 2017 Closing Date: Open ...
Financial Services Analyst 2, Physics (4627 U) #23375, University of California, United States, about 16 hours ago
Job Description Job Title: Financial Services Analyst 2, Physics (4627U) #23375 Job ID: 23375 Location: Main Campus-Berkeley Full/Part Time: Part-Time Department Physics Regular/Temporary: Regular...
Academic Advisor, Fall Program For Freshmen (4575 U) #23446, University of California, United States, about 16 hours ago
Job Description Job Title: Academic Advisor, Fall Program for Freshmen (4575U) #23446 Job ID: 23446 Location: UC Extension-San Francisco Full/Part Time: Full-Time Department Unex Academic Depts Re...
Asst. Dean Of Finance School Of Optometry (0547 U) #23410, University of California, United States, about 16 hours ago
Job Description Job Title: Asst. Dean of Finance - School of Optometry (0547U) #23410 Job ID: 23410 Location: Main Campus-Berkeley Full/Part Time: Full-Time Department School of Optometry Dean Reg...