Application Types Accepted
Research Associate-Genetics or Vascular biology
# Hours Per Week
McGovern Medical School
Texas Medical Center
Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins...
Plans, conducts, and directs a wide variety of experiments. Assists with the day-to-day activities for research project(s) and may impact the success of the research project(s).
Additional Summary Specific to Job
POSITION KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Collects, evaluates, interprets, and documents research data to accomplish the objectives of a wide variety of scientific experiments and research projects.
2. Influences project direction and outcomes by identifying opportunities to enhance, terminate, or re-direct research activities.
3. May recruit study participants or field interviewers.
4. Evaluates and interprets data and provides results to investigators to support publication
5. Maintains quality control checks and a safe environment in compliance with all governmental and University policies, rules, regulation and codes.
6. Assists in the preparation and writing of research reports, manuscripts, papers and grant proposals for presentation and publication.
7. Provides direction and training to lab personnel to ensure efficient, timely and high quality results in compliance with all protocols, guidelines, regulations, etc.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in a related field with three (3) years of related research experience including experience in a lead research role; or
Master's degree in a related field with one (1) year of related research experience including experience in a lead research role.
Years of experience varies based on education level.
Looking for a candidate with interest in genetics or vascular biology, who will work with a clinical team involved in translational projects.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established laboratory working on the genetic analysis of cerebrovascular pathology.
Commensurate with experience
This position works with Houston Independent School District (H.I.S.D.) students.
This position works with minors under the age of 18 years.
This position will be working in a laboratory or clinic
This position will use radiation sources
Pre Employment Conditions
TB Skin Test
Open to current UTHSC-H employees only?
Does this position accept online applications?
This is a grant funded position
Would you like to refer a friend to this posting?
Copy and paste this link into an email and they will be a click away from a new opportunity!
Research Associate, Texas A&M University, United States, about 16 hours ago
Posting Details Position Details N.O.V. Number: 171173 Working Title Research Associate Department: IBT-23013244 Job Type: Full Time Salary: $2,900/monthly Position Type: Benefits Eligible Work Lo...
Research Assistant Professor, University of Houston, United States, about 20 hours ago
Posting Details Position Details Job Title Research Assistant Professor Posting Number F00421 Department Earth & Atmospheric Sciences:H0109 Salary Range Dependent on experience Benefits Eligible? ...
Research Scientist, University of Houston, United States, about 20 hours ago
Posting Details Position Details Job Title Research Scientist Posting Number F00423 Department Child & Family Center:H0509 Salary Range 70,000-75,000 Benefits Eligible? Yes Full-time/Part-time Sta...
Assistant Director Of Admissions Ai Houston (Sourcing) 19009.2294, The Art Institutes, United States, 1 day ago
Category Admissions Division The Art Institutes Minimum Education Required Bachelor's Degree Job Code 19009 Location Art Institute of Houston Houston, TX 77027, US Open Date 05/22/2017 Travel Requ...
Lecturer, University of Houston, United States, about 20 hours ago
Posting Details Position Details Job Title Lecturer Posting Number FP00070 Department Art:H0083 Salary Range Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications Benefits Eligible? Yes Full-...
Assistant Professor, University of Houston, United States, about 20 hours ago
Posting Details Position Details Job Title Assistant Professor Posting Number F00212 Department Earth & Atmospheric Sciences:H0109 Salary Range Commensurate with Experience Benefits Eligible? Yes ...