Application Types Accepted
Research Associate-Genetics or Vascular biology
# Hours Per Week
McGovern Medical School
Texas Medical Center
Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins...
Plans, conducts, and directs a wide variety of experiments. Assists with the day-to-day activities for research project(s) and may impact the success of the research project(s).
Additional Summary Specific to Job
POSITION KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Collects, evaluates, interprets, and documents research data to accomplish the objectives of a wide variety of scientific experiments and research projects.
2. Influences project direction and outcomes by identifying opportunities to enhance, terminate, or re-direct research activities.
3. May recruit study participants or field interviewers.
4. Evaluates and interprets data and provides results to investigators to support publication
5. Maintains quality control checks and a safe environment in compliance with all governmental and University policies, rules, regulation and codes.
6. Assists in the preparation and writing of research reports, manuscripts, papers and grant proposals for presentation and publication.
7. Provides direction and training to lab personnel to ensure efficient, timely and high quality results in compliance with all protocols, guidelines, regulations, etc.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in a related field with three (3) years of related research experience including experience in a lead research role; or
Master's degree in a related field with one (1) year of related research experience including experience in a lead research role.
Years of experience varies based on education level.
Looking for a candidate with interest in genetics or vascular biology, who will work with a clinical team involved in translational projects.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established laboratory working on the genetic analysis of cerebrovascular pathology.
Commensurate with experience
This position works with Houston Independent School District (H.I.S.D.) students.
This position works with minors under the age of 18 years.
This position will be working in a laboratory or clinic
This position will use radiation sources
Pre Employment Conditions
TB Skin Test
Open to current UTHSC-H employees only?
Does this position accept online applications?
This is a grant funded position
Would you like to refer a friend to this posting?
Copy and paste this link into an email and they will be a click away from a new opportunity!
International Development Program/Business Development Manager, American Institutes for Research, United States, about 15 hours ago
International Development Program/Business Development Manager Job ID 9317 Job Location US Job Location United States Alternate locations .. Category .. More information about this job: Overview: ...
Assistant Director Of Admissions Ai Houston 19009.2194, The Art Institutes, United States, about 3 hours ago
Category Admissions Division The Art Institutes Minimum Education Required Bachelor's Degree Job Code 19009 Location Art Institute of Houston Houston, TX 77027, US Open Date 03/29/2017 Travel Requ...
Director Of Recruitment And Organizational Learning, University of Houston, United States, about 22 hours ago
Posting Details Position Details Job Title Director of Recruitment and Organizational Learning Posting Number F00405 Department Library:H0417 Salary Range $85,000 to $95,000, depending on qualific...
Research Assistant, Texas A&M University, United States, about 13 hours ago
Posting Details Position Details N.O.V. Number: 171138 Working Title Research Assistant Department: IBT-013231-CTCR Job Type: Full Time Salary: Commensurate with experience Position Type: Benefits...
Editing Intern, American Institutes for Research, United States, about 16 hours ago
Editing Intern Job ID 9324 Job Location US Job Location United States Alternate locations .. Category .. More information about this job: Overview: The Publication and Creative Services department...
Desktop Supervisor Ai Houston 66034.1, EDMC Corporate Headquarters (CS), United States, about 3 hours ago
Category Information Technology Division EDMC Corporate Headquarters (CS) Minimum Education Required Bachelor's Degree Job Code 66034 Location EDMC- Houston Houston, TX 77027, US Open Date 04/12/2...