Application Types Accepted
Research Associate-Genetics or Vascular biology
# Hours Per Week
McGovern Medical School
Texas Medical Center
Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins...
Plans, conducts, and directs a wide variety of experiments. Assists with the day-to-day activities for research project(s) and may impact the success of the research project(s).
Additional Summary Specific to Job
POSITION KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Collects, evaluates, interprets, and documents research data to accomplish the objectives of a wide variety of scientific experiments and research projects.
2. Influences project direction and outcomes by identifying opportunities to enhance, terminate, or re-direct research activities.
3. May recruit study participants or field interviewers.
4. Evaluates and interprets data and provides results to investigators to support publication
5. Maintains quality control checks and a safe environment in compliance with all governmental and University policies, rules, regulation and codes.
6. Assists in the preparation and writing of research reports, manuscripts, papers and grant proposals for presentation and publication.
7. Provides direction and training to lab personnel to ensure efficient, timely and high quality results in compliance with all protocols, guidelines, regulations, etc.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in a related field with three (3) years of related research experience including experience in a lead research role; or
Master's degree in a related field with one (1) year of related research experience including experience in a lead research role.
Years of experience varies based on education level.
Looking for a candidate with interest in genetics or vascular biology, who will work with a clinical team involved in translational projects.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established laboratory working on the genetic analysis of cerebrovascular pathology.
Commensurate with experience
This position works with Houston Independent School District (H.I.S.D.) students.
This position works with minors under the age of 18 years.
This position will be working in a laboratory or clinic
This position will use radiation sources
Pre Employment Conditions
TB Skin Test
Open to current UTHSC-H employees only?
Does this position accept online applications?
This is a grant funded position
Would you like to refer a friend to this posting?
Copy and paste this link into an email and they will be a click away from a new opportunity!
Utilization Review Case Mgr Cmc Cmc Utilization Review Bay Area Houston, Texas, University of Texas Medical Branch, United States, 23 days ago
Min Qualifications Graduation from an accredited school of professional nursing and current Texas Nursing licensure as a professional registered nurse. Minimum of three years of full time wage ear...
Associate Director Student Financial Services 41035.155, The Art Institutes, United States, 13 days ago
Category Finance Division The Art Institutes Minimum Education Required Bachelor's Degree Job Code 41035 Location Art Institute of Houston Houston, TX 77027, US Open Date 06/27/2017 Travel Require...
Sign Language Interpreters 11024.105, The Art Institutes, United States, 13 days ago
Category Academic Affairs Division The Art Institutes Minimum Education Required Associate's Degree Job Code 11024 Location Art Institute of Houston Houston, TX 77027, US Open Date 06/29/2017 Trav...