Campus-Only Recruitment / Staff Vacancy Announcement
Only current employees of the University of Montana may apply.
Alexander Blewett III School of Law invites applications from UM employees for the Registrar (Program Manager).
The Registrar of the School of Law is responsible for the ongoing development, planning and managing of the Office of the Registrar—a vital part of the Law School’s Student Services. The Registrar oversees student registration; manages the administration of examinations; is responsible for all grade recording and faculty adherence to the grade normalization; manages room and course scheduling; develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure compliance with laws and regulations relevant to the Student Services area; is responsible for personal and academic advising of individual students; provides leadership in planning, development, and implementation of student services to best meet the needs of students; and maintains the law school’s computerized and manual records management system and confidentiality of student records.
The School of Law’s Office of the Registrar performs supervisory, administrative, and financial and program management activities for the School of Law’s Student Services Department. This position is the primary supervisor of one full-time administrative associate (Student Services) and provides direction for the Student Services administrative associate in their supervision of one work-study student. This position reports to the Associate Dean and Associate Dean of Students
This position requires incumbent to develop working knowledge of specific knowledge of Law School policies and procedures and law school curriculum; ability to assess and advise on Character and Fitness application materials; comprehensive knowledge of FERPA and ABA regulations regarding student records management and academic requirements; general knowledge of the University (locations of buildings/departments, parking areas, network of people outside of the Law School student may need to contact, etc.); knowledge of registration deadlines and procedures; proficiency with SofTest, Banner, Moodle, calendar software, ACES II, UMDW, and GrizMart; ability to use Banner to determine credits for student practice rule paperwork, produce class rosters, print transcripts, and make deposits; working knowledge of FERPA regulations, ABA accreditation rules and the Law Student and Faculty Handbooks; ability to take accurate inventory, anticipate need and order supplies in a timely manner; and expert knowledge of faculty evaluation processes, procedure and documentation.
- Highly developed administrative, organizational and leadership skills and demonstrated success in program development and management.
- Ability to make an executive judgment independent of direct supervision.
- Skill in identifying problems, analyzing data, and making recommendations.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple complex projects simultaneously and meet deadlines, often with competing priorities.
- Thorough knowledge of: University registration policies, graduation policies and procedures and forms; academic policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated time management, prioritizing and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated experience in building connections and cultivating relationships with diverse constituents at all organizational levels, both within and outside the university.
- Strong organizational skills to plan, coordinate and administer multiple programs and events as well as work within deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability in effective oral and written communications, with excellent presentation and consensus-building skills.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy and maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and/or projections.
- Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Team player with a positive attitude and ability to plan and adapt to change.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with college departments and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Proficient computer skills including: word processing, Excel, and data entry.
- Must be able to develop and maintain complex databases and to use word processing, database and spreadsheet computer applications effectively in creating solutions to problems in scheduling, performing calculations, and disseminating information.
- Experience with Moodle administration
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Three (3) years of increasing responsibility and experience in administrative work, or an equivalent combination of related education, including at least two (2) years in a senior administrative support or student services support role.
- Proven record of successful supervisory experience in a people-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of best practices in graduate student development, engagement, and culture.
- Knowledge of ABA accreditation standards
- Experience in Law School advising or administration
- Experience in Student Services, Graduations, Academic Advising, Student Success, or an office of Registrar
- Experience with Banner finance and student forms.
- Teamwork and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with UM policies and regulations.
The Alexander Blewett III School of Law at the University of Montana prepares students for the people- oriented practice of law by integrating theory and practice in a competency-based curriculum; serves as the academic legal center in Montana; and contributes to the development of national, state, and tribal law and legal institutions through teaching, scholarship, and service.
The University of Montana provides a culture that values hard work, intellectual curiosity, diversity, collegiality, innovative thinking, and teamwork, making it a great place to grow and develop professionally. The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its essential values of innovation and creativity, impact, openness, and partnership.
Position Title: Registrar (Program Manager)
Position Number: 063310
Department: Alexander Blewett III School of Law
Closing Date: July 25, 2017
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year,
Salary: $17.345/hr\ Current employee’s rate of pay for this position will be determined by the staff compensation plan, and may be different from the posted salary. For questions and details regarding the staff compensation plan, email the Compensation Department .
Union Affiliation: MPEA
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and professional development/wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to Offer of Employment
In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations.
Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law.
References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant.
Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions.
Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
Application Deadline: July 25, 2017
To receive full consideration, candidates are required to submit all of the following materials online via "New Resume/CV" button below.
*Please note: only five (5) attachments allowed per application. Please combine documents accordingly.
A complete application Includes:
Need additional help? Check out our UM Jobs FAQ website.
Missoula, Montana, United States
Receptionist – Office Of The University Registrar, California Baptist University, United States, 5 days ago
Job Title Receptionist – Office of the University Registrar Posting Number S487P Classification Title Summary Compiles, maintains secretarial and general administrative clerical work to support th...
Department Secretary For Allied Health Professions, California Baptist University, United States, 7 days ago
Job Title Department Secretary for Allied Health Professions Posting Number S488P Classification Title Summary Schedules appointments, gives information to callers, and otherwise relieves official...
Recreation Center Facilities Program Coordinator, California Baptist University, United States, 1 day ago
Job Title Recreation Center Facilities Program Coordinator Posting Number S494P Classification Title Summary Coordinates daily operations, facility and equipment maintenance, oversees the scheduli...
Assistant Director Of Recreation Programs, California Baptist University, United States, 1 day ago
Job Title Assistant Director of Recreation Programs Posting Number S495P Classification Title Summary Assist in the management, development and direction of a university-wide campus recreation pro...
Receptionist For International Center, California Baptist University, United States, 6 days ago
Job Title Receptionist for International Center Posting Number S485P Classification Title Summary Provides administrative support to the International Center and provides secretarial clerical supp...
Receptionist For Athletic Ticketing And Sales (Part Time), California Baptist University, United States, 5 days ago
Job Title Receptionist for Athletic Ticketing and Sales (Part Time) Posting Number S477P Classification Title Summary This position is to act as the main receptionist for Athletic Ticketing and Sa...