|7078 Facilities Project Management Specialist III|
|Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
| JOB OVERVIEW|
Under the general direction of the Senior Facilities Manager, West campus operations – Facilities Services, the Project Coordinator must understand basic building operations and infrastructure (ventilation, electrical, plumbing, etc.) in order to determine potential impact of construction activities, and be able to coordinate utility shutdowns with engineering, as well as communicating to affected building occupants. The Project Coordinator will be expected to deliver stellar customer service and understand and predict the needs of his/her customers.
FACILITIES SERVICES DEPARTMENT
The UCSF Facilities Services Department (FS) is committed to creating an exceptional campus physical environment to support the research, teaching, health care and community service mission of the University. FS employs over 400 professional staff and acts as steward for over $90 million in operating funds to achieve its goals in operating and maintaining the UCSF campus environment. Located in the Campus Life Services organization, FS is organized into 5 distinct units: (1) Mission Bay/East Campus Operations, (2) Parnassus/West Campus Operations, (3) Infrastructure & Utilities Services, (4) Customer Service & Technology, and (5) Strategic Organization Development.
FS participates in system-wide Principles of Community and all FS leaders are expected to create a fair, equitable, safe and supportive work environment, where everyone can do their best work. FS leaders share accountability for the overall success of the operation, and strive towards a high performance work environment. We value innovation, creative problem solving, and diligent follow-through.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
| • BS/BA degree in Construction Management or a related field and three to five years of construction project management experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience|
• Thorough working knowledge of building and construction, design, construction contract administration and California Building Codes, including full understanding of industry practices
• Demonstrated experience with creating reports and ad hoc reports in Excel
• Thorough project management skills, including skill to manage complex projects
• Thorough skills in problem recognition / avoidance / resolution
• Thorough organizational and analytical skills including skill to provide high quality control. Detail oriented to accurately proof contracts and other documents
• Thorough written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills including high level political acumen
• Proven ability to manage contractors and maintain compliance to the agreed-upon scope of work and budget
• Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing with customers, department administrators, and staff at all levels
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and sometime in an emergent situation based on the type of customer service calls that come through the call center
• Demonstrated high customer service/client skills
Note: Fingerprinting and background check required. Effective March 13, 2017, all final candidate(s) for employment are required to undergo a background check.
| • Certification in Construction Project Management; Certification may be gained through an accredited program of instruction or through testing from a professional association; applicants may apply after at least 50% progress has been made in an educational program or Certification is demonstrated through passing an accredited program|
• Experience with UC and UCSF system-wide policies and procedures regarding: financial, contractual, administrative, constructions design, environmental health & safety, fire safety, space utilization, facilities management procedures, rules and practices
• Thorough knowledge of the organization, including its infrastructure and short and long range strategic building plans
• Ability to submit Method of Procedure’s and safety plans for construction activities
• Demonstrated ability to manage project coordinator business metrics
• Knowledge of all building systems (electrical, HVAC, plumbing and building envelope) to plan ongoing maintenance and respond to emergency breakdowns that occur in the course of an operational day
• Experience working with architects, engineers, inspectors, contractors, government agencies and University staff at all levels
• Experience with People Soft, MyExpense, Bear Buy, MyAccess, HBS
• University and/or Medical Center experience; experience in a laboratory or research setting
|The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.|
Project Coordinator (5194 U) #23694, University of California, United States, 3 days ago
Job Description Job Title: Project Coordinator (5194U) #23694 Job ID: 23694 Location: Main Campus-Berkeley Full/Part Time: Full-Time Department Housing & Dining Services Regular/Temporary: Regular...
Lead Stationary Engineer (8255 C) #23710, University of California, United States, about 17 hours ago
Job Description Job Title: Lead Stationary Engineer (8255C) #23710 Job ID: 23710 Location: Main Campus-Berkeley Full/Part Time: Full-Time Department Housing & Dining Services Regular/Temporary: Re...
Stationary Engineer (8253 C) #23580, University of California, United States, 10 days ago
Job Description Job Title: Stationary Engineer (8253C) #23580 Job ID: 23580 Location: Main Campus-Berkeley Full/Part Time: Full-Time Department Housing & Dining Services Regular/Temporary: Regular...
Avp, Capital Planning,Design & Construction (Administrator Iv), The California State University, United States, about 13 hours ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 9563 Job Title: AVP, Capital Planning,Design & Construction (Administrator IV) Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: August 10, 2017 Closing Date: Open until filled Link ...
Contract Administrator, Real Estate (7380 U) #23595, University of California, United States, 8 days ago
Job Description Job Title: Contract Administrator, Real Estate - (7380U) - #23595 Job ID: 23595 Location: Off Campus-Berkeley Full/Part Time: Full-Time Department C and D Operations Regular/Tempor...
Electrical Engineer, Engineering And Technical Services Unit (0480 U) #23715, University of California, United States, about 17 hours ago
Job Description Job Title: Electrical Engineer, Engineering and Technical Services Unit - (0480U) - #23715 Job ID: 23715 Location: Off Campus-Berkeley Full/Part Time: Full-Time Department Faciliti...