|Principal Disability Analyst|
|7205 ENTERPRISE RISK MGT ANL IV|
|HR Specialty Center|
|Monday - Friday; 8:00am - 5:00pm|
| JOB OVERVIEW|
This position as a Principal Disability Analyst provides temporary and permanent accommodation assistance to employees with occupational and non-occupational injuries and illnesses in order to control costs of disability, reduce lost time, and balance the business needs of UCSF and the interests of disabled UC staff, faculty, residents, and/or postdoctoral scholars. This role serves as a management liaison; referral source for other internal and external services; technical expert for the HR community and as a direct service provider to campus and/or health system employees and multiple departments to facilitate the interactive process and reasonable accommodation.
This position consults on the worker’s compensation claims process in conjunction with the Third Party Administrator and the occupational medicine providers. This position also serves as a consultant to employees, campus and/or health system HR colleagues (Generalists, Leave of Absence Unit, Labor and Employee Relations, HBS processing center and/or Transact)), and other members on state (CFRA, PDL, KinCare) and federal (FML) leave laws; disability benefits (workers’ compensation payroll, Liberty Mutual); and state and federal disability laws (FEHA, ADA, EEOC). Background and four years’ experience in disability management and/or human resources in a large organization are crucial to success in this role.
HR SPECIALTY CENTER
Disability Management Services (DMS) is housed within campus human resources and serves both campus and health system employees, managers, and human resources professional to facilitate the interactive process and reasonable accommodation. DMS is responsible to manage the workers’ compensation program for the campus.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
| • Bachelor's degree in related area and/or five years equivalent experience / training in human resources, workers’ compensation, vocational rehabilitation, and/or case management|
• Advanced knowledge in the following areas: risk management as it pertains to managing disability and leave of absence; workers’ compensation insurance; knowledge of organizational processes and procedures; and advanced knowledge of applicable state and federal laws and regulations including Americans With Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADA), Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA), Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), California Family Rights Act (CFRA), Pregnancy Disability Leave Laws (PDL), and California Workers’ Compensation Act
• Advanced knowledge of disability management practices and programs to consult with department directors, managers, and supervisors regarding work place injury and disability prevention, reasonable accommodation, and the interactive process
• Knowledge of the medical and psychosocial impact of various disabling conditions to facilitate development of temporary and permanent accommodations, identify employee capacity to perform essential job functions in light of work restrictions, and review available workplace and ergonomic interventions
• Effective interpersonal skills, customer, service orientation, active listening skills and effective team leadership skills
• Ability to present complex risk findings and make recommendations in a clear concise manner both in writing and verbally
• Effective analytical and problem solving skills, critical thinking ability
• Expert ability to develop course materials on reasonable accommodation and leave of absence and deliver content effectively to diverse populations
Note:Fingerprinting and background check required. Effective March 13, 2017, all final candidate(s) for employment are required to undergo a background check.
| • Certified Disability Management Services (CDMS) or Certified Professional In Disability Management (CPDM)|
• Human resources certification (PHR, SPHR)
• Knowledge of common organization-specific computer application programs including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Understanding of supplemental disability benefits
|The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.|
Human Resources And Academic Affairs Specialist (Administrative, The California State University, United States, 1 day ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 6455 Job Title: Human Resources and Academic Affairs Specialist (Administrative Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: April 25, 2017 Closin...
Certified Electrician Apprentice Facilities Services, The California State University, United States, 1 day ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 6424 Job Title: Certified Electrician Apprentice - Facilities Services Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: March 30, 2017 Closing Date: O...
Certified Building Service Engineer Apprentice Facilities Serv, The California State University, United States, 1 day ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 6425 Job Title: Certified Building Service Engineer Apprentice - Facilities Serv Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: March 30, 2017 Closi...
Medical Assistant, The California State University, United States, 1 day ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 6427 Job Title: Medical Assistant Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: April 3, 2017 Closing Date: Open until filled Link to Apply Online:...
Accounting Coordinator (Administrative Support Coordinator Ii), The California State University, United States, 1 day ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 6422 Job Title: Accounting Coordinator (Administrative Support Coordinator II) Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: April 4, 2017 Closing ...
Information Technology Consultant, Foundation Information Tech, The California State University, United States, 1 day ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 6451 Job Title: Information Technology Consultant, Foundation - Information Tech Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: April 19, 2017 Closi...