|Oncology Research Manager|
|9548 Clinical Research Supervisor I|
|Office of the Dean / Fresno|
|Monday - Friday, 8:00 – 17:00|
| JOB OVERVIEW|
Under the direction of the Director of the Clinical Research Center at UCSF Fresno, the Oncology Research Manager will independently coordinate and is accountable for the overall administration and regulatory compliance of a portfolio of oncology clinical protocols including investigator-initiated, industry and federally-sponsored clinical trials. The Oncology Research Manager will ensure timely protocol development, completion of study start-up, clinical trial management, data management and integrity, regulatory compliance, financial oversight, contracting and negotiations, and achieving patient enrollment goals. S/he will provide leadership to and supervise clinical research coordinators and/or other support personnel to assure compliance with the Code of Federal Regulations and the ICH Guidance on Good Clinical (Research) Practice, as well as UCSF Institutional policies.
The Oncology Research Manager will be a proven leader with project management skills, experience in oncology clinical trials, and have the ability to consistently deliver results. The candidate will have leadership skills and training experience to provide operational leadership while monitoring workload and productivity.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Develop strategies to grow and improve the UCSF Fresno/CMC research program, including increase in clinical trial patient accrual and increased availability of clinical trials
• Design research databases
• Manage the clinical research budget to ensure financial coverage of program activities and maximization of annual revenue
• Ensure all clinical research studies are ‘audit ready’ by applying and enforcing the Federal Code of Regulation and Good Clinical Practice
• Develop standard operating procedures and metrics to monitor performance
• Identify potential projects, set goals and objectives, and work in a team environment
• Train and continually develop research staff with the goal of achieving optimal efficiency and productivity
• Model flexible behavior and a positive approach toward change
• Provide corrective and constructive feedback to staff
• Partner with principal investigators (PI) to carry out protocols
• Coordinate with appropriate parties to resolve any issues that arise.
Please Note: This position is located in Fresno, CA.
OFFICE OF THE DEAN / FRESNO
UCSF Fresno is a major educational, research and clinical branch of UCSF that is located in the Central San Joaquin Valley and is administered by the Office of the Dean in Fresno. Programs and affiliations of the School of Medicine, Pharmacy and Dentistry are administered by UCSF Fresno.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
| • Bachelor's degree in health sciences or related area and five years of work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience|
• Clinical Trial Professional certification from a professional society within one year in position
• Bilingual in English and Spanish; communicate clearly with Spanish-speaking patients
• Minimum of three years of experience managing National Cancer Institute (NCI) and industry-sponsored phase I-III hematology/oncology clinical trial operations; including supervision of three or more employees
• Minimum of five years of work experience overseeing or contributing to the administrative operations of a clinical trials program
• Experience with database design and management using SQL and Access. Experience with relational databases; creating and linking tables; designing complex queries, macros, and forms for accurate data collection and analysis; prior experience working with EPIC, and other data management systems
• Working knowledge of clinical research, clinical trial recruitment, eligibility, protocol adherence, quality data submission and adverse event reporting
• In-depth knowledge of clinical research contracts and grants, clinical trials, protocols, FDA regulations, and complex visit structures
• Knowledge of medical/oncology process and terminology; experience and knowledge of IRB policy and procedure
• Experience in developing SOPs and program evaluations related to oncology trials
• Experience with clinical trial billing, and institutional policies for study compliance and regulation
• Knowledge of industry best practices (NCI and industry-sponsored oncology clinical trials)
• Demonstrated skills in employee supervision and HR administration. Demonstrated experience in training others, particularly in the field of research
• Ability to perform all commonly applicable functions in word processing and spreadsheet software; fluency in spreadsheet software; ability to develop complex spreadsheets independently; experience utilizing metrics and measures as assessment tools
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with peers, colleagues, senior management, and faculty
• Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, prioritize projects and meet the demands of a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. Adaptable to quickly changing priorities
• Critical thinker with the ability to develop and deploy realistic and effective strategies to achieve organizational needs and objects
• Good communication skills; both verbal and written. Clear and concise communicator
• Good interpersonal skills, including but not limited to: problem-solving, teamwork development, leadership, mentorship. Interpersonal skills to effectively motivate others. Works well with others to achieve common goals. Ability to cultivate relationships with multiple stakeholders at various levels of administration
• Ability to cultivate relationships with multiple stakeholders at various levels of administration
• Sophisticated service orientation, strong management skills, leadership skills, sound judgment and decision-making, critical thinking, and creative problem solving
• Highly organized and have the ability to prioritize projects to meet the demands of a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
• Demonstrated skills and success in leading a high-performance team in a deadline-driven, customer service organization, setting and achieving goals and results
Note: Fingerprinting and background check required. Effective March 13, 2017, all final candidate(s) for employment will be required to undergo a background check.
|• Advanced degree|
|• Clinical Trial Professional certification from a professional society within one year in position|
|The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.|
Clinical Nurse 2, Urgent Care Temporary Leave Replacement (9139 C) #23440, University of California, United States, about 1 hour ago
Job Description Job Title: Clinical Nurse 2, Urgent Care - Temporary Leave Replacement (9139C) #23440 Job ID: 23440 Location: Main Campus-Berkeley Full/Part Time: Part-Time Department University H...
Academic Hr Analyst (7715 U) #23303, University of California, United States, about 1 hour ago
Job Description Job Title: Academic HR Analyst (7715U) #23303 Job ID: 23303 Location: Main Campus-Berkeley Full/Part Time: Full-Time Department Law Regular/Temporary: Regular About Berkeley The Un...
Clinical Social Worker Multicultural Community Center (9313 C) #23317, University of California, United States, about 1 hour ago
Job Description Job Title: Clinical Social Worker - Multicultural Community Center (9313C) #23317 Job ID: 23317 Location: Main Campus-Berkeley Full/Part Time: Full-Time Department University Healt...
Compliance Coordinator (5173 U) #23357, University of California, United States, about 1 hour ago
Job Description Job Title: Compliance Coordinator (5173U) #23357 Job ID: 23357 Location: Main Campus-Berkeley Full/Part Time: Full-Time Department Intercollegiate Athletics Regular/Temporary: Regu...
Veterinarian 3 (0353 U) #23362, University of California, United States, about 1 hour ago
Job Description Job Title: Veterinarian 3 (0353U) #23362 Job ID: 23362 Location: Main Campus-Berkeley Full/Part Time: Full-Time Department Off of Laboratory Animal Care Regular/Temporary: Regular ...
Managing Director Of Marketing & Communications, College Of Chemistry (0408) #23454, University of California, United States, about 1 hour ago
Job Description Job Title: Managing Director of Marketing & Communications, College of Chemistry (0408) #23454 Job ID: 23454 Location: Main Campus-Berkeley Full/Part Time: Full-Time Department Col...