JOB DESCRIPTION: **This is for a two-year residency program.** Conducts clinical physics and dosimetry training rotations designed to support radiotherapy patient care and the quality assurance program within the institution. Attends didactic courses and seminars designed to further educate and enhance the clinical rotations. Learns the practice and responsibilities of a board certified medical physicist.
- Gains practical knowledge and skills regarding electron, photon, and neutron radiation transport, particularly as related to dosimetry protocols, shielding design, and computer dose algorithms.
- Gains practical knowledge and skills regarding treatment planning computers, both software and hardware.
- Gains practical knowledge and skills regarding linear accelerators, teletherapy units, and their accessories.
- Gains practical knowledge and skills regarding treatment planning, simulation, and treatment techniques.
- Gains practical knowledge and skills regarding nuclear instrumentation, radiation monitors, dosimetry equipment (particularly ionization chambers, film, and thermoluminescent dosimeters), and automatic data acquisition systems.
- Gains practical knowledge and skills regarding quality assurance of radiotherapy equipment.
- Gains practical knowledge and skills regarding radioactive sources used for brachytherapy.
- Gains practical knowledge and skills regarding brachytherapy devices such as manual and remote afterloaders.
- Gains practical knowledge and skills regarding radiation safety applied to radiotherapy and general hospital environment.
Performs related responsibilities as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A master's degree in Medical Physics. DATE CREATED/MODIFIED/REVIEWED: 9/8/10 JB
Assistant/Associate/Professor Radiation Oncology, Indiana University Northwest, United States, 12 days ago
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ...
Film And Tv Production, Technical Demonstrator (G080 17 Jk), Massey University, New Zealand, about 4 hours ago
School of Music and Creative Media Production, College of Creative Arts Applications are sought for the position of Technical Demonstrator in Film and TV Production. The ideal candidate will have ...
Talent Management Business Partner (Administrative Analyst/Specialist, Non Exempt) Pool Position H, San Francisco State University, United States, about 13 hours ago
- Working knowledge of human resources practices. - Basic knowledge of and ability to apply fundamental concepts. Working knowledge of human resources policies and procedures. - Ability to learn, ...
Grant Administrator (Administrative Analyst/Specialist, Exempt I) Office Of Research And Sponsored, San Francisco State University, United States, about 13 hours ago
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies,...
Associate Registrar, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia, about 18 hours ago
Job Location Saudi Arabia Job Title Associate Registrar Job Type Non-Academic Job Summary The Associate Registrar is responsible for overseeing academic registration processes, creating semest...
Senior Executive Director Of Development, Music, Film And Entertainment, Fashion And Salon Industries, City of Hope, United States, about 15 hours ago
Requisition ID: 9415 Job Title: Senior Executive Director, Music, Film and Entertainment, Fashion and Salon Industries Position Summary: City of Hope’s mission is to “turn hope into reality.” Foc...