JOB DESCRIPTION: **This is for a two-year residency program.** Conducts clinical physics and dosimetry training rotations designed to support radiotherapy patient care and the quality assurance program within the institution. Attends didactic courses and seminars designed to further educate and enhance the clinical rotations. Learns the practice and responsibilities of a board certified medical physicist.
- Gains practical knowledge and skills regarding electron, photon, and neutron radiation transport, particularly as related to dosimetry protocols, shielding design, and computer dose algorithms.
- Gains practical knowledge and skills regarding treatment planning computers, both software and hardware.
- Gains practical knowledge and skills regarding linear accelerators, teletherapy units, and their accessories.
- Gains practical knowledge and skills regarding treatment planning, simulation, and treatment techniques.
- Gains practical knowledge and skills regarding nuclear instrumentation, radiation monitors, dosimetry equipment (particularly ionization chambers, film, and thermoluminescent dosimeters), and automatic data acquisition systems.
- Gains practical knowledge and skills regarding quality assurance of radiotherapy equipment.
- Gains practical knowledge and skills regarding radioactive sources used for brachytherapy.
- Gains practical knowledge and skills regarding brachytherapy devices such as manual and remote afterloaders.
- Gains practical knowledge and skills regarding radiation safety applied to radiotherapy and general hospital environment.
Performs related responsibilities as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A master's degree in Medical Physics. DATE CREATED/MODIFIED/REVIEWED: 9/8/10 JB
Csu Gis Specialty Center Site Administrator (Administrative Analyst/Specialist, Non Exempt) Instit, San Francisco State University, United States, about 14 hours ago
- Use of Microsoft Office suite, especially Word and Excel. - Basic knowledge of, and ability to apply, fundamental concepts, budget policies, procedures, and to make recommendations to meet p...
Assistant Men’s Soccer Coach, California Baptist University, United States, 5 days ago
Job Title Assistant Men’s Soccer Coach Posting Number S449P Classification Title Summary Under general supervision, assists in coaching duties for the sport assigned at California Baptist Universi...
Director Program Operations Harborview Medical Center, University of Washington, United States, about 9 hours ago
Description: The School of Public Health has an outstanding opportunity for a Director – Program Operations.This full-time position serves as an integral member of an evolving Academic Affairs tea...
Technical Demonstrator (G153 17 Ca), Massey University, New Zealand, about 12 hours ago
School of Art, College of Creative Arts The College of Creative Arts is seeking applications for a Technical Demonstrator, within Whiti o Rehua, School of Art, Wellington. The School requires a vi...
Coaching Assistant Football, Texas A&M University, United States, 2 days ago
Posting Details Position Information Position Title Coaching Assistant Posting Title Coaching Assistant - Football System Member Institution/Agency TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY (TAMU) Department ATHLETIC ...
Temporary Administrative Associate Manager, Montana Museum Of Art And Culture, University of Montana, United States, 31 minutes ago
The Temporary Administrative Associate Manager within the Montana Museum of Art and Culture provides management and policy-related support to the day-to-day operations of the Museum. This position...