Instructor - Chemistry - 09253
The Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS ) invites applications for a full-time instructor position starting in August 2017. Masters in chemistry or related field required, Ph.D. preferred. Candidates with instructional experience in organic chemistry will be given preference. Duties may include teaching both organic and general chemistry labs and/or lecture with other courses possible—full-load is ≈24 contact hours per 9-month academic year. Starting salary ~ $40K and includes benefits. Information about the UCCS Dept. of Chemistry & Biochemistry can be found at http://www.uccs.edu/chemistry.
- Experience in curriculum development and instruction in the areas of general and organic chemistry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with online course management tools (Blackboard, etc.)
- Strong written communication skills; including the ability to develop documentation such as standards, procedures, and user support materials
- Strong verbal communication skills, including the ability to discuss complex issues and present information clearly
- Well-developed interpersonal and organizational skills including the ability to undertake the following:
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Take initiative and exercise judgment
- Set priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, and students in an academic environment
Questions about the position or application process should be addressed to the hiring committee chair, Kevin Tvrdy (email@example.com, 719-255-3284).
The University of Colorado offers a comprehensive benefits package. Information on benefits programs can be found at: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits .
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check and, when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
UCCS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University of Colorado does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation or political philosophy in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for with disabilities by contacting the Office of Human Resources at (719) 255-3372.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act
requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new
employees by the end of the third day of work.
- Master’s degree in chemistry or related field
- PhD in chemistry or related field
- Instructional experience in organic chemistry
Special Instructions to Applicants: Applications must be submitted through CU Careers. Applications received through surface mail or email will not be considered. Position is open until filled. Applications received by Monday, May 15th, 2017 will receive full consideration. Upon request, please be prepared to provide five references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. Finalists may be required to provide 3 letters of recommendation. Official transcripts will be required upon hire. Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s), Statement of Teaching Philosophy Application Materials Instructions: Please submit the following: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s), Statement of Teaching Philosophy
: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40063 - LAS-Chemistry
: Apr 20, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Kevin Tvrdy
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00480714