GIS Analyst - Institutional Student Worker (Fall 2017)
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a GIS Analyst. The student hired for this position will assist in developing a sediment budget (the volume of sediment being transported annually along the shoreline) along the southern spit of Assateague Island, VA. The development of an accurate sediment budget along this portion of Assateague Island will allow coastal geologists to better understand the along-shore processes causing large-scale erosion along the Virginia barrier-island system. In addition, the volumetric growth rate of Assateague Island will be calculated.
The duties and responsibilities include:
- Digitizing historical nautical charts
- Analyzing LiDAR data
- Attending weekly research meetings to discuss progress
- A working knowledge of ArcGIS and built-in tools preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite is preferred as well.
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker
- Students with experience in processing LiDAR data are preferred.
Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Please submit contact information for three professional references.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion.
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.