Recruitment/Staff Vacancy Announcement
Campus Recreation invites applications for a night Facilities Assistant to perform beginning to intermediate routine custodial duties, including, but not limited to: sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, scrubbing, trash removal, and sanitizing; and performs general maintenance, including, but not limited to: changing light bulbs and filters and supplying paper products and soap.
This position is an entry-level position under direct supervision, providing direct customer service to members of the campus and to the community at large. This position builds and maintains a work atmosphere of trust and respect by establishing open communication among team members; recognizes the value of individual differences at all levels of the organization; takes steps to prevent destructive conflict and handles conflict in an appropriate manner; listens and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of all individuals; and provides support and assistance to team members. This position
This position requires incumbent to develop ability to learn new equipment
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and maintain a safe work environment
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment; create and maintain a work atmosphere of trust and respect with all team members
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population
- Demonstrated ability to read instructions, safety information, policies and procedures, and write
- Demonstrated skill in customer service orientation
- Demonstrated interpersonal, listening, and oral communication skills
- Ability to be organized and effectively manage time
(Qualified candidates must be able to meet minimum requirements and perform the primary functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.)
- Lifting: Floor to 30 inches, up to 50 Lbs. Floor to 60 inches, up to 35 Lbs. Floor to overhead, up to 5 Lbs sustained, with both hands. (Lifting buffer, Floor to 30”, 70 Lbs optional.)
- Carrying: 2 handed front carry up to 35 Lbs for 50 feet. (Carrying buffer up stairs, 70 Lbs optional.)
- Pushing and pulling forces required (during the use of cleaning equipment 25 Lbs, handling janitor’s cart 5 Lbs).
- Pushing and pulling forces required (handling, pushing and pulling classroom and office furniture, file cabinets, and equipment): 30 Lbs sustained at waist level (60 Lbs optional)
- Static trunk forward bending and twisting from a standing, crouching or kneeling position while using tools.
- Reaching with your arms in all directions, including overhead with 5 Lbs in both hands, sustained.
- Working overhead from various positions (standing, squatting, and kneeling).
- Balancing when climbing and working on a ladder.
- Use of various hand grip circumferences and firm hand grip positions while manipulating various tools and equipment (maximum 50 Lbs).
Physical Screen will be administered prior to a final offer of employment.
- High School diploma and one (1) year of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The University of Montana provides a culture that values hard work, intellectual curiosity, diversity, collegiality, innovative thinking, and teamwork, making it a great place to grow and develop professionally. The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its essential values of innovation and creativity, impact, openness, and partnership.
Campus Recreation provides opportunities to thrive through innovative staff, facilities, and programming.
Position Title: Facilities Assistant
Position Number: 152060
Department: Campus Recreation
Closing Date: Sunday, July 30, 2017
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), 5 days working followed by 2 days off, 9:30 pm to 6:30 am, 12 months/year
Salary: $12.846/hr – Position may be hired at Facilities Assistant ($12.846/hr), or Facilities Associate ($13.373/hr), dependent on qualifications. Position is designed for career ladder progression; advancement from Facilities Assistant to Facilities Associate is expected within 12 months – 18 months. Current employee’s rate of pay for this position will be determined by the staff compensation plan, and may be different from the posted salary. For questions and details regarding the staff compensation plan, email the Compensation Department .
Union Affiliation: MPEA
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and professional development/wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to Offer of Employment
In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations.
Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law.
References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant.
Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions.
Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
Priority Application Date: Sunday, July 30, 2017
Complete applications received by this date will be guaranteed consideration. Application review will begin on Monday, July 31, 2017
To receive full consideration, candidates are required to submit all of the following materials online via "New Resume/CV" button below.
A complete application Includes:
Need additional help? Check out our UM Jobs FAQ website.
Missoula, Montana, United States
Dishwasher, Blinn College, United States, 1 day ago
Position Information Requisition Number 2017050P Position Title Dishwasher Salary Range $9.89 hr DBM Rating A11 Job Type Full Time Job Category Professional/Staff Anticipated Start Date 08/22/2017...
Part Time Instructor Biology (All Campuses), Blinn College, United States, 1 day ago
Position Information Requisition Number 2017058F Position Title Part-Time Instructor - Biology (All Campuses) Salary Range As per part-time faculty salary schedule DBM Rating n/a Job Type Part Ti...
Student Assistant Intramural Sports Official University Recreation, Austin Peay State University, United States, 1 day ago
Position Summary Information Position Summary The Intramural Official is an entry-level position under the supervision of the Coordinator of Intramural Sports and Sport Clubs. FOAP: 350010-40411-...
Temporary Sales Floor Merchandiser, For Textbooks, Gm, And Apparel Distribution Fall 2017, University of Central Missouri, United States, 1 day ago
Temporary Sales Floor Merchandiser, for Textbooks, GM, and Apparel Distribution Fall 2017 Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions y...
Vina Capital Professor Of Private Equity (Rmit Vietnam), RMIT, Australia, about 18 hours ago
Expression of Interest for Australian Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates; are strongly encouraged to register their Expression of Inte...
Assistant Medical Laboratory Technologist, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 1 day ago
Temporary Management Support Staff, Corp Comm - 0066H Description Assist in the reimbursement of airfare for speakers Organise airport transfers for the speakers Organise hotel-NUS-hotel transfer ...