Ext Agent, Decatur Couny, Agriculture & Community Economic Development - 17000000EL
Agriculture & Community Economic Development
Adult and Youth
Screening of applicants’ credentials will begin 04/17/17 and will continue until the position is filled.
Commensurate with training and experience. This position is funded jointly by UT Extension and Decatur County. Decatur County Government funds 22% of the position salary and benefits costs.
Group hospitalization and life insurance; State Retirement; Workers' Compensation; study, sick and annual leave; numerous University of Tennessee and state benefits programs, including liberal time off for holidays, and longevity pay after three years of service; reimbursement for official travel.
- Plan, execute, and evaluate Agriculture and Natural Resources (ANR) (60%) and 4-H Youth Development (40%) programs.
- Responsible to the County Extension Director and must keep current on the latest research information in ANR/4-H youth development.
- Provide leadership for a program of activities that meets the needs of all eligible clientele regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, religion or veteran status.
- Assume joint responsibility for all applicable ANR/4-H Youth Development projects, activities, shows, events, and committees.
- Recruit, train, and support volunteer leaders and serve as an educational resource for the 4-H youth development and agriculture programs.
- Secure extramural funds to support Extension programs via grants, fee-based programs, and gifts
- Develop and maintain expertise about issues important to ANR/youth development in the county
- Cooperate with the staff in promoting the total Extension program.
- Develop a network of relationships with key stakeholders, organizations, and Extension employees pertinent to Extension programs in the county.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of program accomplishments and impacts into the UT Extension reporting system
- Must be willing to assume other duties as assigned .
- Bachelor's degree in Agriculture or Natural Resources is required.
- A 2.7 cumulative GPA (BS degree on a 4-point scale) or an earned Master’s Degree is required. Preference will be given to applicants with a MS Degree, and/or work experience in a related field.
- A complete application package will include a 1) letter of interest, 2) a resume or curriculum vitae, 3) and official or unofficial transcripts showing degree(s) conferred.
Please apply online by clicking this link: Apply for Extension Educator Positions
UT Extension Phone: (865) 974-7245
212 D Morgan Hall Fax: (865) 974-0882
Knoxville TN 37996-4525
E-mail: UTExtensionPersonnel@utk.edu Web Site: http://utextension.tennessee.edu
Extension Service Professional
Campus/Institute Institute of Agriculture
Mar 17, 2017, 10:50:05 AM