|9139 NURSE, CLINICAL II|
|FAMILY HEALTH CARE NURSING|
|Monday through Friday 8-5 (50%; flexible days)|
| JOB OVERVIEW|
The Clinical Nurse will be responsible for utilizing the nursing process for assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe and therapeutic care for patients enrolled in NFRC research studies. The individual will function as a member of the interdisciplinary NFRC team and will work under the direction of the principal investigators (PI) of the study, the NFRC Lead for Benioff Children’s Hospital (BCH) Intensive Care Nursery (ICN) and the ICN Nurse Manager. The Clinical Nurse will work collaboratively with the NFRC Clinical Research Coordinators (CRC) and Research Nurses at other NFRC sites. The individual will be responsible for carrying out duties by following BCH and ICN nursing policy and procedures as related to performing patient care.
FAMILY HEALTH CARE NURSING
The mission of the Family Health Care Nursing (FHCN), School of Nursing, is to optimize the health and well-being of children, women, and families in a changing multicultural society through our nursing programs of teaching, research, and practice, as well as through community service.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
| • This position requires flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center and Campus locations including use of public or personal transportation when needed.|
• Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of California.
• Current healthcare provider CPR and NRP certifications.
• Competent in the direct patient care, within the last three years, of infants with diagnoses including but not limited to prematurity, neurological disorders and congenital cardiac anomalies.
• Without restrictions from working in the ICN and pediatric hospital and clinic environments.
• Competence in the use of APEX.
• Attention to detail; strong interpersonal skills; excellent, effective verbal and written communication skills to coordinate with subjects, team members, other departments and outside institutions; and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while working with a diverse subject population.
• Ability to work well independently, complete projects in a timely manner, and prioritize multiple projects to ensure the completion of essential tasks by deadlines.
Note: Fingerprinting and background check required. Effective March 13, 2017, all final candidate(s) for employment will be required to undergo a background check.
| • Previous research nurse experience.|
• A minimum of two years of recent ICN or Critical Care Float Pool experience at UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital
• Fluency in the usage of Committee of Human Research (CHR) online iMEDris system for submission, renewal, and modification of protocols through this system.
• Understanding of patient population to create rapport and a relationship, while also giving insight to what is realistic and appropriate for patient participation.
• Experience applying the following regulations and guidelines:
• Good Clinical Practice Guidelines
• Health Information and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
• The Protection of Human Research Subjects
• CHR regulations for recruitment and consent of research subjects
|The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.|
Clinical Nurse 2, Urgent Care (9139 C) #23239, University of California, United States, about 7 hours ago
Job Description Job Title: Clinical Nurse 2, Urgent Care (9139C) #23239 Job ID: 23239 Location: Main Campus-Berkeley Full/Part Time: Full-Time Department University Health Services Regular/Tempora...
Registered Nurse Iii Student Health Services, The California State University, United States, about 20 hours ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 6467 Job Title: Registered Nurse III - Student Health Services Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: May 15, 2017 Closing Date: Open until ...
Rn Care Manager (9138 C) #23184, University of California, United States, about 7 hours ago
Job Description Job Title: RN Care Manager (9138C) #23184 Job ID: 23184 Location: Main Campus-Berkeley Full/Part Time: Full-Time Department University Health Services Regular/Temporary: Regular Ab...
Physician Specialist, Per Diem (0585 U) #23274, University of California, United States, about 7 hours ago
Job Description Job Title: Physician Specialist, Per Diem (0585U) #23274 Job ID: 23274 Location: Main Campus-Berkeley Full/Part Time: Part-Time Department University Health Services Regular/Tempor...
Animal Health Technician Iii (9535 C) #23273, University of California, United States, about 7 hours ago
Job Description Job Title: Animal Health Technician III (9535C) #23273 Job ID: 23273 Location: Main Campus-Berkeley Full/Part Time: Full-Time Department Off of Laboratory Animal Care Regular/Tempo...
Senior Director Of Development, Northern California & Pacific Northwest Food Industry, City of Hope, United States, 8 days ago
Requisition ID: 9763 Job Title: Senior Director of Development, Northern California & Pacific Northwest Food Industry Position Summary: City of Hope’s mission is to “turn hope into reality.” Focu...