About University of Massachusetts Amherst:
UMass Amherst is one of the major public research universities in America. Nestled in idyllic Amherst, Massachusetts, the campus is consistently ranked among the top public research universities in the nation, and offers a rich cultural environment in a rural setting close to major urban centers.
PART-TIME (80%) Monday-Friday 6 hours/day
Management of computer-based systems involved in the purchasing and accounting activities of the Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology. Acts as Procard Records Manager for all of the department. Prepares accounting reports for the Business Manager and/or Department Head. Processes PO's, travel forms, invoices, and recharges.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare Travel Expense Reports and submit travel and other reimbursement requests for employeesin PeopleSoft Finance.
- Maintain Department Travel Registry.
- Prepare disbursement vouchers.
- Inform appropriate members of the department of new or revised purchasing procedures.
- Process invoices received by the department; resolve problems with invoices.
- Organize and process all reimbursements for travel, honaria, meals and other expenses for visiting speakers and/or search candidates.
- Create and maintain spreadsheets to track expenses related to certain projects (i.e. awards).
- Invoice for related intra- and inter- departmental use of equipment and facilities, and process with PI and related department.
- Respond to inquiries from faculty, staff, students, and other departments.
- Other duties as required by Business Manager.
Purchasing / Accounting:
- Submits on-line purchasing requests as needed in BuyWays.
- Act as primary Approver.
- Responsible for account setup, maintenance, and payments to certain vendors such as express mail, gases, other.
- Communicates with Procurement and the Controller's Office on specific issues and general program policies and procedures.
- Communicates with outside vendors concerning purchasing or billing problems.
- Maintain department purchasing records.
- Maintains proper hard copy files of original statements, receipts, and other required documentation for each Procard holder.
- Verify that proper receipts are submitted in a timely fashion, and inform the cardholder if documentation is lacking or questionable.
- Assemble required documentation when requested for audits.
- Assure that the department's procedures are consistent with Procard program requirements.
- Communicate with Procurement and the Controller's Office on specific issues and general program policies and procedures.
- Informs Business Manager and other department staff and faculty on policy changes and problematic areas.
- Sends biweekly Procard activity reports to faculty as appropriate.
- Reallocates transactions from default account to other accounts within 30 days of transaction posting date.
- Experience with computer database and spreadsheet programs related to purchasing, bookkeeping, and record-keeping.
- Knowledge of on-line purchasing system used on campus.
- Ability to keep financial records, perform numerical calculations, manipulate data tables, and create reports.
- Ability to prioritize and balance work tasks in a demanding environment.
- Ability to take initiative in carrying out projects, reports, correspondence, etc., and applying departmental or university procedures.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral and written instructions.
- High degree of organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent typing and filing skills.
MINIMUM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of experience in an office environment.
- Excellent arithmetic skills.
- Experience working in an academic department preferred.
On-Campus applicants are defined as Amherst Campus non-student employees
The University of Massachusetts is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, the University of Massachusetts is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the University of Massachusetts to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Associate Director Of Institutional Research, New England HERC, United States, 8 days ago
Full-time, year round position, salary commensurate with experience and qualifications Amherst College invites applications for the position of associate director of institutional research. Report...
Technical Services Specialist For Cataloging, New England HERC, United States, 9 days ago
Full-time, 35 hours per week, year round position, grade 18, hourly rate commensurate with experience and qualifications The Technical Services Specialist for Cataloging edits bibliographic and it...
Director Of Technology For Curriculum And Research, New England HERC, United States, 9 days ago
Full-time, year round position, salary commensurate with experience and qualifications Amherst College enjoys a rich history and culture developed over nearly two hundred years. We prepare critica...
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant, New England HERC, United States, 9 days ago
Full-time, 35 hours per week, year round position, grade 16, hourly rate commensurate with experience and qualifications The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant in the Loeb Center for Career Exp...
Associate Dean Of Students And Director Of Residence Life, New England HERC, United States, 8 days ago
Hampshire College, an independent, innovative liberal arts institution and member of the Five College consortium, is accepting applications for associate dean of students and director of residence...
Program Assistant Campus Leadership And Activities, New England HERC, United States, 24 days ago
Hampshire College, an independent, innovative liberal arts institution and member of the Five College consortium, is accepting applications for a program assistant for campus leadership and activi...